Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unstable Mining and Dining [Invite]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
She was watching it as they moved forward. The mining area overrun and there were the sounds of the armor spinning up as the researcher moved to the side with some shock. She was watching her master go after them with the line launcher as it wrapped around the leg of the ones there. She took cover as Matsu flew up pulling one away before throwing her discblade with the duel snap hiss of the silver blade and it sliced through one of the platforms sending it toppling over while she moved speaking into the comlink. "This is researcher Green, we have engaged at one of the mining areas and will need something to act as a detention area." Yeah she didn't know what they needed for it, this wasn't the usual thing before they were moving forward and she saw a flash of light from one of the mini rockets to stun the combatants.

Makeb

Orick wasn't sure why he was called in to help, but he wasn't going to argue, he was being paid a fair wage to deliver a full cargo bay of mining and labor droids. Draco had called and asked for a delivery of droids, which was odd considering the resources he had at his disposal, but money was money and he knew Draco was on the level. So here he was, entering the atmosphere of a Makeb, with a Raven's fleet in orbit above him.
He wondered if the Ravens had an interest in the operation or if they were just getting paid. He figured it was the former because one of those ships he knew to be the flagship of the Raven's president, and if she was involved, then it was likely to be important. It honestly didn't matter much to him, he was free to come and go as he needed to and he was getting paid, paid and not getting shot at or arrested, perks of this job for sure. He was beginning to think that he was destined to be detained by someone at every planet he smuggled to.

He toggled his comms " Vereen, it's Orick, T'ane... I have that load of droids you wanted. Where do you want me to drop them off at?" He flipped the comms off again and turned to the N1 naval droid that was his co-pilot. " Keep watch on the comms, when we get landing coordinates, begin final approach, I need to use the 'fresher."

[member="Draco Vereen"]

The ships and cargo already on the ground were working hard, keeping pace and rapidly trying to set up machinery and droids. A call came in from a friend, who had been hired to assist bring in droids and equipment for the second mining site. Orick was a good friend of Draco’s, and had agreed to ship in the droids for the second Harvester-class that would be arriving soon.

A comm’s officer picked up the line, “Mister [member="Orick T'ane"], we are expecting you. Transmitting coordinates for drop off now. Mister Vereen is currently aboard the Red Dress and is unavailable except for emergencies. He did leave us instructions to request that you assist in overseeing the set up at Site Two however. Your service is already greatly appreciated, though and he would understand if your schedule did not permit.” The officer said to the inbound ship. My own comm would have the update scroll across it, but at the moment I was otherwise occupied with arriving aboard the Red Dress and refusing to let security open my two cases that I had brought, insisting that only [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] could open them. They were for her after all, and what good was opening a present if you already knew what it was.

Site one was going smoothly thus far, slowly but surely putting together the pieces of the Harvester while the EVS droid was already almost complete. Mainly because the EVS had been carried in legs, arms, and then body and so was very easy to piece together and get moving. The prefabricated base that would defend the processing plant and site one was going up, its foundation being dug out by labor droids and would be ready to start laying down the pieces of it by morning the next day. The work crews had been order to twelve hour shifts to being with, and so far only Site one and Site two had been touched, and site two had yet to receive their harvester walker that would shake the earth and force its way to the mineral that lie beneath the surface. Such a massive operation was rare for this kind of mineral, but it was going smoothly right now. In the morning the second harvester would arrive, and three days later, assuming everything kept to schedule the first would become operational and would make short work of drilling the mining tunnel to the unstable mineral.

" Affirmative" was the only reply from the Ranger as the droid began to take the ship towards site two. Orick stepped back into the cockpit, his hair back in a ponytail as ti dried. He nodded to the droid and sat in the pilot's seat. He didn't even get the chance to ask the droid any questions before it spoke up, "We have been instructed to go to something called site two. Mr. Vereen has asked if you could stay onto help get site two operational"

Orick grunted in return, but didn't answer. Draco had a habit of starting projects and worry about logistics while he was working, not something Orick always thought was wise, but it was something he liked about the man. He had ambition, and he wasn't afraid to tackle big jobs. It didn't take long for the ship to reach the site they were supposed to go, he took over the controls from the droid and landed the ship a little faster than was safe, but he really want to get off the ground. One big problem he had with the naval droid was that it was always cautious and flew very boring. He liked to get the jobs done and over with. His next job he would have to remember to bring Ana along, this droid was going to go back to the shop to fly tugs for a bit.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

As Orick’s ship landed workmen and labor droids approached the ship, along with several black armored security personnel and an administrator. The workers and droids immediately started to unload the cargo from the ship, preparing for the arrival of the Harvester tomorrow. The job was big, the payout was bigger, and the rewards greater. There was some risk to such a massive expenditure, but Draco had made sure that all parties involved were satisfied with the intended outcome, the expected outcome at least. Sometimes life through curveballs, but most times things worked out if you put enough work into them.

The administrator walked up to [member="Orick T'ane"] , holding a briefcase in one hand and extending his right to the smuggler. “Thank you for this delivery. With the recent inexplicable split of ArmaTech from the Republic our resources have been focused on attempting to relocate, and with the accident on Carida we have been forced to outsource.” He said to @Orick T’ane before opening the briefcase, revealing Orick’s significant payment of credits for his services. In truth ArmaTech’s resources were cycling off to Mandalorian space as quick as could be physically done. Having witnessed the One Sith’s reaction to Titan, Draco worried that the Republic had intended to nationalize his assets.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

"Come on keep up." Sheila had been outside and in the galaxy for some time. She had actually found it very fun and met some interesting people... That one with the horns who seemed like a Tal was cool, the one other woman was as well... then there was morgana and the vitae as she flew around followed by a blue dash of light. Her sister had decided to join her on an adventure at least... well maybe one, maybe more depending on how it turned out as they were flying around the area. Armatech was supposed to be here and she had been told by its COO.... she had no idea what a COO was but it sounded important at least.

"Come on you can do it." Sheva was her age... which meant an adult mostly as the dark haired As-Aski flew with her quickly around the area bringing their small glows about. Who knew what they could find as Sheva withdrew her saber and skewered a fly as they moved forward into the areas looking for mines to help out and join the fight. "Hey listen." Sheila stopped while she was looking out among the crowded things and they saw something moving in the distance as they went after it quietly and even letting the small low hum of their wings moving stop making the sound.

Though it took her a moment, ship size and crew who often wanted a word of one kind or another taken into account, Chiasa went to greet Draco. A larger ship and less personalized than the last they'd been on, the attitude aboard was decidedly.. Unconventional.

Firstly there were no uniforms to be seen. Unless people had wanted to wear uniforms, but since they were then supplied by the individual and hardly any of them matched, said uniforms were not uniform. Secondly while there was an air of competence, there was also a laid-back vibe. This wasn't a military ship, this was a ship crewed by criminals. They would all come alive if the situation warranted it, but there was very little of the stiffness and propriety seen aboard military ships. It was not uncommon to hear inappropriate jokes making the rounds. As long as peoples jobs got done, Chiasa didn't much care.

"Draco,"

She greeted him with a smile, her own posture perhaps just a trifle more correct, a trifle more in control, alpha-predator boss mode here among her own people than he would have seen before. Not over bearing, just prepared to act, to take control as necessary, an careful to show no weakness. Again, criminals. She waved security off.

"I hope I didn't leave you waiting too long."

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Chiasa approached me, waving off the small amount of security that had been holding me up. I was wearing my full armor, and so right now I was practically a walking tank. Then the secure cases I held I had refused to let them open. “Not at all. A man like me would wait quite a while to see you, Chiasa. Nonetheless, I have brought some things for you.” I said, slightly lifting my arms gesturing to the cases. “If we could retire to a more private section of your ship, I would be happy to show them to you.” Shifting the cases to have one rest beneath my arm so that I could have a hand free I approached her, nodding in a respectful bow, holding out my hand for her.

The mining operation on the ground continued. Droids and workers now on two locations, setting up the initial buildings and large mining monstrosities known as the Harvester-class. The second Harvester was due to arrive within a few hours and by then the first one would be half built, most of the day having been used already in preparation for its completion. Once built it would drill down to bedrock in hours, maybe a full day, then move on to the next site while the first one would have droids build a mine out of the initial tunnel.

[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Dorren watched, they had progressed further into the mine area as her master was moving in the suit. The neutralizers and sonic weapons to disable were preforming within parameters for now and she recorded the information. Slowly there was the sounds of her and the other dragging a few of the ones they had subdued out. She was letting her eyes adjust to the darkness while a flashbang went off sending her hands over her face. She could feel the people even if she couldn't see them as she screamed a little with the sound in her ears that was deafening. Then there was a rumble and shaking of the earth when the armor slammed into the ground sending a shockwave to trip up the others around her. Doreen slowly was recovering and moved up jabbing a stunner into the back of one of the soldiers who was armored and going after them. She smirked a little while her eyesight returned with her hearing in a loud pop.

While a man in a business suit might cut a fine figure, Chiasa rather liked the look of Draco in his armour. Of course this was also a woman who'd favoured Gen'Dai as bodyguards. She liked large and intimidating when it was on her side, and loathed it when it wasn't. This was likely a natural reaction to being, although technically average, significantly smaller and physically weaker than most beings she encountered. She was strong in her own ways of course, and held more power than she'd ever really dreamed of, but if caught alone she could still get into a fair amount of trouble. Hence a tendency not to be alone, and to surround herself with those who were physically capable. It was only good sense.

That and the flattery definitely didn't hurt. Chiasa was a vain, vain beast, and she knew it and was fine with it. Especially since in this case indulging her vanity meant better relations with a man who was making a name for himself and his mark on the galaxy. Chiasa was very, very good at spotting where power lay, where opportunities or threats were. Draco was gathering power, whether intentional or not, and she intended for him to be an opportunity.

"A little bit of privacy? I think I could manage that for you.."

A slight incline of her head in return to his nod, she gave his hand a half second glance, deciding whether he expected her to shake or what, before in her usual fashion, dealing with it by doing whatever she wanted and leaving everyone else to keep up.

"This way."

She directed, wrapping her arm around his proffered one. That said arm was encased in armour did not concern or deter her. If anything it triggered one of those déjà vu moments she had largely learned to ignore. Unless he decided to stop or sight-see, she would walk with him to the Captains Office. This was what she'd decided it was. If the blueprints called it something different, tough luck.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

She wrapped my hand and arm in her own and led me to her Captains Office, just shy of the bridge, or at least that was considered normal for ships. Either way once we had entered I set the cases down and gestured for her to sit. “Please take a seat, I’d like to show you what I have brought you.” I told her, freeing my arm reluctantly from hers. She was coy and beautiful, and a Twi’Lek, all three of my weaknesses in regards to women. I wasn’t so weak as to be made a fool of or robbed blind, but it would make it significantly easier for her to get what she wanted.

Once my arm was free of hers I decided to show off some. I had just begun learning the skill, but I was fairly good for a week into training. I telekinetically lifted the smaller case into my hands, opening it with a short bioscan and passcode. I smiled at her, I didn’t know if she knew I was Force Sensitive or not, but she knew now. “A little trick I have been working on.” I said to her, “One of several.

With a click the case opened and inside was a Fett-Kal Trench Knife, with ornate Aurodium inlay of a stripped feline beast on the wroshyr wood handle. Set in the pommel was a colorful Rainbow Gem I had paid a small fortune for.

"Hey listen." Sheila looked at her sister and they kept going around as they were moving with a grin on their faces. The soldiers at the mine who were shooting trying to fight them while the two were poking them in the faces and necks with their sabers. "Hey listen." The grating voice and sound making the one flail his hands wildly while Sheva ducked under him and drove the saber up through his jaw. Have the tip stick out of his mouth just a little before they were flying around again. Their balls of light weaving to get two guards to shoot at each while they flew deeper into the mine with looks on their faces. Past the guards and over some of the places for their amusement before stopping in a room filled with fuel and kicking it over while knocking their sabers together to create small sparks that ignited. They were quickly moving out the door and into a shaft for air while there was the scent of oil and flame.

Sorry lost track of this one in the mix

Objective: Overwatch for security forces holding site
Allies: [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Sam Jhovna"]

Wes looked through his scope as the drop ship holding his squad started to make it's landing. He cursed silently as a group of rogue droids turned in the direction on what looked like a random patrol path.

"Contact your 3 o'clock heading your way." "Engaging now."

Wes took a deep breath siting in center mass of the droid closest to where the squad would approach from. Once the shot was perfect him took it hitting his target in the ten ring. Wes took a breath quickly sighting in on the next one. Just like the first time he took a breath letting it out finding that perfect moment to fire the shot hitting the nine ring on the second droid.

"Two contacts down check point one still hot."

Wes scanned towards the ship watching the Widowmakers advance on site one. He moved looking through the scope along the path back towards the site.

The Twi'lek seated herself on the edge of the desk, One smooth orange leg lifting to cross over the other at the knee. In truth his little trick almost pleased her enough that she almost missed the contents of the case. That he should not only be force sensitive, which she could feel, but strongly enough and with the discipline to harness it..

Almost missed the contents, but not quite. Apparently Draco was either very, very lucky or had gotten a better read on her than most beings managed in a much longer time frame.

A knife. Not the sort of thing men usually got her. Gifts tended to be lacey and wearable. Or delicate pieces of jewelry. Or if they were horrid at this and ready to be written off her list of interests, chocolates or flowers. Definitely not a weapon, let alone one as uncivilized as a knife.

But it hit almost every single want and need. The markings appealed to her ego. He'd obviously either picked it out or had it made just for her. The rainbow gem she recognized as being stupidly expensive and far more than the token owed for letting him into her territory. A subtle touch through the force, feeling the life within the gem was enough to confirm that yes, it was real. In truth for one who'd spent much of her life owning nothing it was a bit.. Overwhelming. More important though was that it was a knife.

It was a tool she could use to defend herself, and everything she saw as hers. It had actually come up in the past that she didn't really have a melee weapon. Oh a lightsaber yes, now, but those were easy to see coming, and if cortosis was in the equation.. Safety. Security. This was what drove the Twi'lek above all else.

"It is beautiful."

This was not enough. A thing of beauty could be useless. Words failed the usually verbose Twi'lek however. Lucky that she was not limited to them. She reached out to him through the Force, her own aura, hot desert winds tinted with humour and blood brushed against his mind, not taking anything, only communicating. Surprise, gratitude, affection and just a hint of bewilderment.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

I let her gift sink in, letting the weight of it all be processed by her mind. She reached out and touched my mind, sending me messages of a desert and a battle or duel. Then her surprise and gratitude emanated through the connection she had wrought. Finally, the emotion I had been seeking for some time now, affection. This was what I wanted her to feel. She had always been coy and cold, not really paying my advances any heed. But now, I had something to work with. My smile grew a little wider at this knowledge. Telepathy wasn’t my thing. If I wanted to send messages through the Force they were obvious and broadcast to everyone. But attraction and affection were what I was broadcasting now. She had hit all of my weak points, but now, it seemed to be at least somewhat mutual. “And I brought something to go with it.” I said, almost a whisper.

Once again I used Telekinesis to set down on case, and pick up the other. Opening it revealing the Armorweave we had spoken about on Roche. “So you have some protection you can have with you whenever you should need it.” I took the small set from the case, letting the matching back pack remain in the case, so I could hold it up for her to see.

Below on the ground the mining crews, and the newly arrived second Harvester were being worked hard, slowly but surely keeping pace, remaining perfectly on schedule while their employer was away. They were really just lucky there hadn’t been any hiccups while he was away, at least not yet.

She did not pry into his mind, but his own response was easy enough to pick up on before she retreated back into herself. And honestly it too was slightly bewildering. Attraction certainly, she expected that, but affection? That she had not been anticipating. Quite frankly at this point she wasn't entirely certain what to make of him, and wasn't certain if she was entirely in control of the situation any more. All of which was adding up to conflicting signals of stay or run. But if she ran it was admission that this was well and truly out of her control. On her own territory. Unacceptable. Beating heart was just going to have to slow it's incessant roll.

It did not help when he spoke in a near whisper, ensuring she had to pay full attention to him, leaning in towards him just slightly. Situation normalized slightly as he took out the armour. This was expected, rising she approached, looking it over with a critical eye. As with all of his products she'd examined so far she couldn't fault it, and it looked like he'd added rather a lot of extras.

One hand rose to touch it lightly, the Twi'lek obviously well pleased.

"You have my thanks,"

She commented, looking up at him, smile quirking her lips upwards.

"you have gone above and beyond on this. I think I might be in your debt."

[member="Draco Vereen"]

She was a mystery, something to keep me guessing. I really liked that about her, plus she was strong and independent, coy and a Twi’Lek. Our encounters had rarely gone well, and she had helped me when I needed it. Now, I was in a position to return that favor, for the first time in a long time, I was in control of my own future, and I wanted others to benefit from that. I guess mainly I liked her because I felt comfortable around her. “You could be indebted to me, if you want to be, but I don’t feel like you owe me anything.” I said softly. I had spent enough time aboard her ship however, and if I stayed much longer my miners might fall behind, but that didn’t mean I couldn’t be swayed to stay. “Unfortunately, unless you would like me to stay for a while, I need to get back to work. Call on me if you ever want something, or if I could take you to a show or dinner sometime. I will be there as swiftly as I possibly can.” I said to her, stepping forward towards her stopping only inches from her, waiting for her to make the next move.

The miners at sites one and two continued work; one mining base nearing completion and the other continuing to construct the base rapidly. The harvesters would take far longer before they were complete, morning at the earliest, and the EVS droid was already powering up, its prefabricated parts spot welded in a flash and powered on as soon as it could be done. The foremen continued their shifts as was necessary. The three thousand men and women at each site working in three eight hour shifts, keeping the pace steady and keeping progress on going.

An offer. Two offers if you counted the silent one. One was welcome and the other was.. complicated. And welcome. But complicated. To have him confirm his previous offer, to have another person who could be called on if she needed them, that was undeniably good and for the best. The offer to stay, the offer in his body language..

If anyone had earned the right to enjoy her company it was him, but even beyond that, beyond the cold calculated view of herself as another, or really the ultimate, bargaining chip, she thought that she might.. Well she might like to spend time with him. Might like to know what was under the armour. What his arms felt like around her. What his breathe felt like on her cheek.

But even while be brought and might be an oasis of safety, there was also fear. Her last experience with a large man in armour had not ended well for her. She could still vividly feel the gauntlet around her throat, lifting her into the air, and the more cryptic memory of blood in her mouth and sand beneath her face. And that had been the sire of her child. If she had misjudged that badly once.. Could she be doing it again? Racing heart was only half anticipation now, the other half was fear, though she kept it from her face. She'd made a living of appearing confident after all.

"Mmm, I suppose someone has to go keep them all in order."

She allowed.

"I might call on you though, or you would be welcome to visit, if you liked. I would be.. pleased to see you."

Courage Starbird, she chided herself, will you stare at lines drawn in sand afraid to cross? Caged by your own fears?

One orange hand found the chest-piece of his armour, only inches away, and she rose on her toes, up towards him. Greys eyes looking down at her. No helmet. No mask. No faceless nightmare. Draco. Her torso came to lean against him as her lips found his.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

She leaned up, granting me a kiss. It was enough for me, more than I had expected for certain. I returned it, gently wrapping her in my arms, careful and wary of the weapons and equipment on them. I held her against me, loose enough that she could pull away. I held her there for a moment, though it seemed like an eternity, and then I pulled away. Not because I wanted to, but because I needed to. I smiled at her, wanting nothing more than to stay, “I’ll be around ner mesh’ika. If you need to find me, Mandalore is a good place to start. Check in at Kyrimorut where I live.” I didn’t know how well she knew the Mandalorian language, or if she caught that I had called her my little beauty, but it was not lost on me. I didn’t wait for her, if she wanted me, she would follow. The shuttle ride back, my chest ached from where my heart had been pounding and my head swam. Was I that much of an idiot. I should have waited, I should have stayed, I should go back. All these thoughts swam through my mind, but I cleared them off to the side. There would be time for all of that later. I had a job to do, and she had work. I would see her again soon enough.

When I landed everything was still going well, still keeping track, still working. I sat at my console, thinking not about this, but about my heart and my suitor. When prompted I would respond sluggishly, often with simple yes and no answers. I had far too much on my mind than simple mining operations, even if there was more hardware on this planet than in most star destroyers. The first harvester would be operational in the morning, so I had eight hours to contemplate my thoughts. Sleep would not find me tonight.

[member="Sheila"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom