Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unstable Mining and Dining [Invite]

OOC (READ THIS FIRST)
Goal (50+ Quality Posts [Posts of about ~150 words])
Objectives
  • Agree to terms and make a deal
  • Set up 1 of 5 Mining Sites
  • Hunt down ancient Isotope-5 Droids for research
  • Clear pirates, miscreants, and rogue droids from mining area
  • Anything else y’all want to do
All of these can be done solo or with other writers. Feel free to do your own thing, as long as it has something to do with Isotope-5 or the mining operation.

Makeb was a planet of mesas, beautiful and shimmering, a jewel in the outer rim. But it was not known to the galaxy as a tourist attraction. It was known only for its mineral deposits. Such were its bountiful gifts that for millennia it was revered for one singular substance. Isotope-5. A substance that could produce more power than almost any other known substance. It was used in generators, weapons, starships, and refined to empower almost any energy system. The Hutts used it once to become a major power. Now the Republic and its allies would use it to level the playing field.

A ship arrived in orbit around the planet, followed by a half dozen others. All cargo transports and a singular bulk freighter. Sensor from the planet would be able to tell they were heavily laden with equipment for drilling and extracting Makeb’s most precious of resources. I stood aboard the bridge of the bulk freighter, feeling my Harvester-class still in pieces in its hold. Soon it and its army of droids, in addition to the other army of droids I brought would be on the planet and could begin mining. It would be slow going and would require a great deal of assistance, but I would have my prize. In the privacy of my mind, I would have my prize or I would leave no two stones touching on this rock of a planet.

I turned to the captain, “Open a channel to our associates. All of them.” He nodded and complied hastily. “This is Draco Vereen of ArmaTech Combat Systems. Please report to Makeb to assist with an urgent operation. The credits will be good, and the product better.” I said over the channel.

The channel closed and I looked at him again. I could tell the man had questions. “You may speak your mind captain. As you know I encourage thought.” I said calmly to the man. He was a stalwart Republican, and no doubt he didn’t like being on this world. Owned by the Red Ravens, a criminal organization without the greatest ties to the Republic, that was most likely his concern.

Its just that the Red Ravens will have access to our stock, our product line, past and future. Are you sure it is wise to give criminals all that for this one project.” He said, quietly and under his breath.

Anything that can be used to the advantage of the Republic should be undertaken, even if it makes a few people uncomfortable. Now, tell me how long until we reach the planet and the estimates on how long it will take to set up the mining and processing buildings.” I said adamantly.

We should make planet fall in a half hour sir, and other than the harvester, everything should be easy enough for us set up. I still don’t think this is a good idea though.” He stated again, as though he didn’t understand me the first time.

I don’t care, it is necessary. See to our approach captain. First Mate you have the bridge.” I said aloud. Loud enough for the small bridge crew to hear. The captain left muttering to himself in disappointment, but he should have known better. I was invested in this project. I had put so many credits into it already that it had to be completed or it could spell the end of my company. Its success though could sky rocket ArmaTech into the priviledge few you controlled entire markets throughout the galaxy. Supplying to the Republic, the Silver Jedi Order, and now the Red Ravens was a small price to pay. In fact it was profitable in the greatest of ways. The only thing I could use more, was government funding for my projects. And I had that in the works. Two Senators and a Senator elect had taken great interests in ArmaTech, certainly it wouldn’t be hard to convince them that I could be trusted with government contracts.

Speaking of trust I remembered. I had just appeared in someone’s space with a small fleet of ships and an army of workers. “Patch me through to President [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] immediately. I want to warn her it is us that have arrived at her planet.” I told the communications officer. It’s always good to let them know you are here and I wouldn’t mind taking a moment to speak with her again.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Cargo Transport "The Rishi"
Orbit over Makeb

"Thermal looks good. Taking us in now." The Captain nodded to his crew. They had just arrived from Republic space to begin the drilling operation. This was Raven territory but apparently that didn't matter this time. Somebody made an arrangement with the locals for safe passage and mineral rights. It was nice but still didn't put the crew at ease. They were a long way from home.

"Jhovna. You good?" The captain let his eyes wander over to her bridge station. She was new to the ship so he'd been pestering her the whole trip. Didn't have to either. This wasn't a Jedi Knight's first rodeo.

"All good Tiger. Quiet as a lamb. I'll tell you if she starts beeping." Sam smiled and played with her headset. She was playing with the radar today. Easy job too. There wasn't a pirate in sight.

"Alright then. Nice and quiet. Just how I like it. Ramsey. Get us down there. The quicker we do this? The quicker we can all go home."

"Aye sir." The crew mumbled with a nod. They were all just here for the paycheck and the hazard pay. Getting home safe and sound was just alright by them.

"All right people. Entering atmo. Hold on to your butts."

The captain took his pilot's station and guided the ship in. Nice and tight along the burn vector. They'd be planetside in no time.

Republic Transport "Rust Bucket"

Objective: Clear out hostiles from Mining location 1

Wes sat in the back of the transport with the rest of his squad listening to the Sgt detail the mission and objectives. They were help secure resources through a mining operation on an unfriendly world at best. Hostile contact was almost a definite. Wes looked at the overlay map of Objective 1. Orders were to clear out any pirates, droids, and other hostiles so the mining team could get in there and do there jobs. As he looked over the map he saw what he was looking for.

"Sarge this ridge about 600 meters out on the south west corner."

He waited until the Sgt was paying attention and then continued his thoughts.

"Our approach takes us right over it." "I could insert there and provide over watch." "With any luck I can provide cover for the rest of the squads approach, provide real time intel on hostile forces, and maybe even take out a few while I am at it."

The Sgt leaned over looking at where and Wes was talking about for a few minutes before giving him a nod and the go ahead. After all it was a good idea having a sniper around. The rest of the squad would have to insert at least 300 meters out form the objective and hump it in. In that amount of time Wes could have set up on high ground five times over.

"Take Morgan with you just to be safe." "Don't want somebody sneaking up on your six and slotting you while you are longing down the scope."

Wes nodded more than happy to have an extra blaster around as the pilot came over the intercom letting them know they were an hour out. Wes would spend that hour checking his rifle, ammo, and armor making sure everything was in tip top shape. He broke apart the rifle giving it a once over before putting it back together and checking functionality. Once he was done Wes help the soldier going with him on the ridge check his weapons.

Halberdier-class Intersystem Patrol Vessel Meridian Star, outskirts of the Makeb System

"With all due respect sir, I don't think that you should be here," said Lieutenant Knolls.

Gir shook his head, "Noted, but here I am nonetheless. It can't be any less safe than the front lines with the One Sith."

"But sir, this is a much smaller vessel, quite unlike the Obi-Wan."

The Grand Admiral had to agree that the Obi-wan was a much more formidable vessel, but it was sure to attract more attention that the man would ever want; especially on a world that was not a member of the Republic. Moreover, he could potentially scare off the very prey that they were hunting. Pirates and smugglers weren't likely to face a star destroyer in a pitched battle, though they might attempt to attack a ship like the Meridian Star. It probably would be a very effective vessel for raiding if it was in the wrong hands. Knolls warily eyed his commander. Gir sighed.

"Look lieutenant, I always appreciate honesty from my subordinates. I rely on your candid feedback in order to make the right decisions. You are my eyes and ears," said the blonde man, "but ultimately, this decision is mine to make alone. I do not doubt the abilities of your crew or your counterparts on the Bladesman to take on our opponents and to secure the mining sites for this...project. I am here for something entirely different, the political parts."

Knolls blinked, "Because of your rank?"

Gir nodded, "In part, and in part from my other experiences. We'll just have to find out. Now then, lets begin to do run some scans and do some data inquiries."

"Yes sir."

The communications officer turned to me after a few moments. “Sir we haven’t been patched through yet. They have us cycling through security measures and encryptions at the moment.” He said, looking at me, awaiting further orders.

I nodded in acknowledgement, “Proceed to the surface. If any of her crew shows up, we will show them a copy of the contract or detain them until we hear from President Kritivaas. I don’t see an issue with continuing as things are, and it will already take a great deal of time to set up the Harvester-class we have on loan, much less the one we have in route which should arrive tomorrow.” I said aloud to the bridge crew. The Harvesters were normally meant to remain for long periods of time, but these would be built used to start the mines and get the mining tunnels down to the mineral and then move to the next location without waiting to process the mineral. That would be left up to the mining facilities that would be built around those shafts. It would take longer to begin having a useable material but wouldn’t tie down the Harvester for very long, allowing me to reuse it soon. Which was good because I needed to set up mines on Aeten and Gromas before long.

The helmsman nodded, “Yes sir. I shall alert security personnel and our associates to detain any known Ravens only if they are attempting to disrupt the mining operation” he responded, returning to the controls of the ship, having the bulk freighter drift lower and lower towards the planet, with the other transports following close behind. Perhaps we were expected, but I seemed to doubt that she wouldn’t have anyone watching us. Especially with members of the Republic expected to arrive shortly to assist ArmaTech in setting up, clearing, and establishing the mining facilities that were arriving or on their way.

The ships broke atmosphere, pulling towards a mesa that had been marked on the map as Isotope-5 enriched. Landing on the massive mesa, large enough for a proper city the ships began unloading their cargo. Each container aboard the GR75 medium transports were opened revealing Ogre II mining droids. Litterally thousands of them were withdrawn from the containers. Three ships had carried pieces of an EVS droid to be assembled and put to work, and the Bulk Freighter carried the monstrous Harvester-class Mobile Mining Walker. Three thousand workers had travelled with the convoy of transports, intended to build the walker and have it operation in under two weeks.

It was possible Chiasa could be a bit.. mischievous when the mood took her. It was also possible that the things which amused her very rarely amused anyone else. This did not concern her. She was willing to bet that many of those Draco had brought with him were Core born and bred. Raised on tales of the lawless wild side of the galaxy, of the horrible criminals that lurked out there. Namely, her. So perhaps when she was informed of their arrival, before Draco's communication reached her she decided to give them a bit of a thrill.

Makeb was one of her most guarded planets after all, as well as the home of one of her two major shipyards. So not long after the arrival of the small, ragtag fleet, a second one would boom out of hyperspace, having been signaled by a lurking Expeditious starfighter which had jumped away as soon as contact was made.

The arrival of the Red Dress and seven Krakana's wasn't really an overwhelming show of force, though with their attendant starfighters they might as well have been. There was a moment of ominous silence. Just enough to well and truly worry people before a message was broadcast towards the planet.

A cheeky Togruta could be seen on screen.

"Hullo y'bastards, and legitimate citizens if we have any of those. The fine gents in the skies and heading your way have the go ahead of the Tiger-Striped Queen herself,"

Snickers could be heard off screen as well as a female voice.

"Deo Si'hiji lihsily Henn."

The Togruta remained undissuaded.

"so if y'claim allegiance to the Ravens, back off and let 'em be. If not, surprise, your free ride is coming to an end. Apparently they're Pubs, so they probably won't murder you if you give in. Laws and justice and goodwill to all sentient beings and all that junk."

"Oh, and if any of you were considering breaking out any hidden starships and going a-raiding on our guests.. We're not here to look pretty, though we do that pretty damned well too."

The live signal switched off.

"Really?"

"What?"

"Tiger-Striped Queen?"

"You'll always be my Queen."

"You're fired."

"Naw."

Came the easy reply.

"I'll set it to loop every fifteen minutes or so shall I?"

"May as well. Then open a line to Draco's ship."

"On it your Highness."

"Nalnan Kuklo."

[member="Draco Vereen"]

The Comminications officer perked up, “Sir the Ravens have sent a fairly large force. They are ordering us to be left alone over the open channel.” He said to me as I lounged on the bridge, workers and droids by the thousands slowly but surely getting everything unpacked from the ships. I was here for diplomacy and oversight, not for actual work. If I had wanted to actually work I wouldn’t have sold weapons for a living. The Communications officer, began intently listening to the comms again. “Sir, there is a President [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] on the line to speak with you.” He responded after listening to the message.

I stood and began walking away from the bridge, “I’ll take it in my office, and have it routed there on a secure, encrypted line.” I ordered. Moments later I arrived at my small office aboard the ship, which wasn’t luxurious or spacious, only functional. This wasn’t a ship I was planning on using very often. I turned on the Holo-Projector, creating a full color image of the person on the other line. Hopefully she hadn’t just sent a lacky like the one over the broadcast, but if I had to deal with her subordinates, so be it.

Mining droids were already being powered on and AT-MP’s were going through final system’s checks to begin drilling into the earth. Slowly pieces of the two massive droids and walkers I had brought to the planet were being unloaded, and prepared for assembly.

Chiasa for her part had moved to the corresponding.. Gods, she didn't do large ship nomenclature, she just built the suckers. She had a good understanding of what went where and how it worked and tied together. What it was called on the other hand.. She likely sent her actual ship producers and those who had to interpret her blueprints mad. The pictures were good though, she did accurate pictures. Office? Was it still an office on a ship? Acting officers lounge? It was much more business-y than lounge-y. Whatever. It was a private room, there was seating, a desk and a comm terminal.

A flick of the button turned on the holo-projector, Draco would see the Twi'lek in another variation of the little black dress. She did not like for her clothes to detract attention from her person.

"Draco, how good to see you again, you were trying to contact me I believe."

She purred, no comment on her little joke, there'd been no harm done after all.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

The hologram flickered to life, a full sized image of Chiasa appearing before me, wearing a short black dress. Her voice purred, like she was pleased with herself, or pleased with me. Either way was fine from my perspective, so long as she didn’t get upset or attempt to kill me. I nodded in response, smiling at her, “Its good to see you again as well, Chiasa. You’re looking as beautiful as ever, though I didn’t expect you to show up in such style. I must say if you were trying to impress me, you already had. This is just overkill.” I said, jokingly, chuckling at it as I said it.

Yes I was attempting to, but it did not occur to me you would arrive in person or be in hyperspace. I wanted to warn you of the incoming traffic to your planet. Several members of the Republic have joined me here in an effort to expedite the process of mining the Isotope-5 from the ground, and members of the Jedi Order, and I didn’t want you to be alarmed or worried.” I said, speaking about business now. She seemed to like to swap back and forth, and so when dealing with her I had decided to as well. “If you would like we could continue this conversation in person. I could easily come aboard the Red Dress if you’d have me.” I finished with an offer to meet in person, as I often preferred to do.

More mining equipment had been pulled from containers and storage of the half dozen medium transports and the first pieces of hardware were coming online. Mining droids would go ahead and start digging here while the swarm of labor droids and engineering droids put together the two massive walkers that had been brought as equipment.

[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Makeb

Sam stood watch out the hanger bay. The crew was unloading the Ogre units into the rocky soil below. Patches of dirt and grass greeted them with a soft wet crunch. It was not the dirty backwater that Sam had been expecting. Rather, a tumbled presentation of spires and jutting cliffs. Sharp ferns and savanna trees. The hanger shook around her as another container was unloaded from the back. Heavy machines to do the lifting.

"Vereen's talking to the outlaws now." The captain walked up behind her. Watching as the last of the containers was turned loose.

"And?" Sam mused with a shrug.

"I just pilot the ship. I don't do politics." He mumbled. Pulling out a lighter and cig.

"I doubt there will be much politics here. Out Space tends to keep it simple. You might just get to keep your ship after all."

He scoffed and took a long drag. Exhaling like a lifelong habit. Not much tended to phase the older human male. He was uneasy but simmering down. Might even make small talk while he was at it,

"Name's Hoff. Never met a Jedi before."

"You already know my name captain. Caring for introductions just now?" She raised a brow and pressed the large hanger doors to a close.

"Might as well. I didn't actually think we'd make it this far." He shrugged.

She could understand that. This far out? Anything can happen.

"So. Ship's here. Supplies are off-loaded. What comes next?"

"Next? Heh. Nothing. ...I get to sit at my console and play Solitare for two hours. That's what comes next."

Sam closed the console and began walking towards the back bulkhead. She wasn't one for napping.

"Fine. I'll take a look outside. See what the soldier boys come up with on Recon."

"Safer in here." He shrugged with a puff.

"I could use the air." She smirked. It was time to see just what kind of planet this Makeb, really was.

"Mmm, there've been some interesting rumbles from the Hutts recently. Much of my fleet stays in the air, though I am not always with it. It was not entirely for you."

And that fleet grew by the day. Chiasa knew the dangers of an upstart criminal organization. The Red Ravens had been one once. The Black Suns likely hadn't predicted their fall at the hands of the newcomers. Chiasa did not intend to make the same mistake.

"If you vouch for them I've no problem with who you choose to bring."

She commented with a shrug. If this had been Enigma Prime, it would have been different. The only force users stepping foot on that planet would be ones she allowed. Not that she minded Jedi, she'd already taken some of their Padawans on an impromptu field trip to the planet, but some of them most decidedly minded her. Why arm your enemies? The only issues she had with the Republic quite frankly, were when they decided they could try and enforce their laws beyond their borders. As long as that didn't happen, she didn't much care about them one way or the other. They were largely inoffensive.

"I might have you."

Came the reply with a quick grin and a quirked brow. Really if you were going to set things up that easily she couldn't be expected not to take the shot.

"We can speak in person, I'll inform the crew you'll be coming aboard."

[member="Draco Vereen"]

I smiled as she spoke. I couldn’t quite get a good read on her, but I had a feeling that she had grown to like me, at least somewhat. I had saved her once. I had also technically attacked her once. “Well if you’ll have me, maybe I can impress you this time.” I said, to the hologram of [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"], smirking as I did so. “I’ll be on my way to you now,” I bowed respectfully to her. Low enough to be respectful of her position and influence, but not so much as to be a servant bowing to a master. The Hologram flickered off as I backed out of the office.

The few Republic Forces already on the ground weren’t hurting anything, at least yet. Chiasa was bringing a fairly large fleet for protecting a mining operation, but it was her world and there were those that didn’t agree with her ruler-ship on the planet from the briefings I had read. I walked to a shuttle, checking that its crew cabin had the requested items I wanted already aboard and started the small transport leaving the mining site below as I travelled into space to meet with the President of the Ravens. “Let me know if anything happens that requires my assistance,” I told the foreman. Not that I would have the comm-link on or open, but that I would have it nearby and on silent.

Even as I left the first pieces of the Harvester were coming together. It often took the better part of a week to set up the massive machine, but once you did so it could do the work of tens of thousands of mining droids. That was one of the reasons I had brought it for this mission. To rapidly set up each mining site without having to wait very long. The other one that was on its way? Well that one was brought in an attempt to impress the Twi’Lek woman I was on my way to see.

The EVS droid and mining facilities would be built on each of the five mesa’s that had been selected, allowing for processing and mining of Isotope-5 on as large a scale as I could currently afford. Now that the droids had gotten to work the personnel on the planet would soon have living space and protection, as well as being surrounded by a Death Fence when inside the complex. But that would take weeks, at least by my estimations it would. The shuttle pulled out of the atmosphere, slowly closing on the Red Dress where I could speak with the President of the Red Ravens. The fact that she had brought all of this help didn’t worry me. Not really. If she had wanted to hurt me or mine she could have done so a dozen times over.

What worried me was what she seemed to expect to happen while we were here that called for such a fleet. Maybe I should call the Indominus here just in case. I would ask her once we were speaking, assuming she had plans to speak. I thought about it for a moment, but simply calling for a warship would be rude, and might get the ship attacked given all the support she had brought, it wouldn’t be an incredibly long fight. My shuttle neared the Red Dress and I pulled to one of the hangars, waiting expectantly for it to allow me aboard. They opened the hangars and I let the ship drift into place in the hangar, disembarking carrying a pair of cases with me. It was a very nice ship, one befitting a President. Since I had recently begun enjoying status symbols, perhaps I should get something as massive. No, stick with your strengths. Speed and hitting something very, very hard.

The mining droids at site one continued making progress, digging into the ground as quickly as they possibly could, using mining drills and power hammers to shatter rock and stone that was too heavy for them to simply move. AT-MP’s were coming online as I left, so by now they would be moving towards the mining site, away from the coral of ships and engineering equipment as well as the construction that was ongoing on the mesa.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
"You act strangely." The researcher from Sasori was speaking as she watched the jedi master and her boss. They had come here to help mine a substance they had been mining from the Silver jedi temple for awhile. It was confusing but as she tightened the one armor plate on the bodysuit she was looking at the smaller Atrisian in the suit. "This should be tested by someone else and not you." There was a look she got from Matsu that she knew well while the prototype armor was being fixed and secured. The team they had of researchers for the armors and equipment were testing some new designs to make a good armor for rangers or jedi who needed to go undercover not displaying the force. Her master was moving in the armor and the repulsor tech in the boots and hands glowed for a moment as she clenched her fists. Her sabers interlocked on her hip like a quickdraw weapons, the wrist mounted shatter pistol popping out as a sight activated. Room for a combat knife and there were more things. She had to admit for a special team they might have made a great suit of armor the silver jedi could use to fight some of the largest creatures. She was looking at the other pieces of equipment as they finished securing them and spoke. "Alright master Ike this should work just fine, your weapons are loaded if we need to use them and flight systems should be set up." There was a nod of confirmation as she watched Matsu close the faceplate and the visor of the armor glowed with the overlay going on while they were heading to help set up a mine for [member="Draco Vereen"]

Objective: Overwatch for security forces holding site
Allies: [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Matsu Ike"] @Chiasa Kritivaas [member="Sam Jhovna"]

As the shuttle dropped skirting along the surface of the ridge Wes made the last few checks before the ramp descended to let him and Morgan jump out. The vessel would not be landing completely and while Wes did not like having to drop from any height with a sniper rifle he always did what was called for. As soon as his feet hit solid ground Wes fanned out looking for any signs of hositles swing left while Morgan swung around to the right. Once they met back in the center Wes radio'd in to first the shuttle and then on the open channel.

"This is Cpl Walker Republic Defense Forces." "Windowmaker Squad securing perimeter of Site 1." "Requesting permission to engaged hostiles at will."

As he waited to hear back he set up his hide. He knew there was no way to hide his position from the air but he was more worried about focusing on the target. The rest of the squad would be hitting their objective in 20 minutes and he wanted to make sure there were no surprises.

Wes sighted in on the rifle scanning from outside in toward the site and then sweeping from left to right. There were a few droids milling around plus another few out of place looking armed military aged males. He told Morgna to jump on the squad frenquency and let them no the LZ would be hot counting 4, 5, no 6 hostiles.

Halberdier-class Intersystem Patrol Vessel Meridian Star, outskirts of the Makeb System

"These transponder signatures look odd to me, and most of those ships have been coming from this area right here." said the SIGINT operator, "I'd guess they're coming from an illegal mining site."

Gir peered over the man's shoulders to eye the transponder codes carefully. While BoSS generally ensured that most transponder codes remained burned into the ship's drive signature, it wasn't uncommon for highly experienced slicers and outlaw techs to alter them to appear to be different vessels. Depending on the experience and skill of the techs, the transponder code could almost appear to be completely different than the original. Othertimes, they were only able to only successfully alter parts of the vessel's coding. Gir guessed that one of the vessels, a light freighter that apparently was christened "Wold Danker" had at one point been known as the "Wild Dancer". He eyed several of the other names, some of which seemed as ludricous as the Wold Danker, while others appeared to have more normal names. It doesn't look like all of the ship's have had their names changed but those that look suspicious all had the exact same heading out of the planet on a single jump corridor...He jumped onto the unoccupied console next to the SIGINT officer and began to astrogate, coming with a rough path to see where the suspicious ships had possibly traveled. It looks like the jump would take them very close to the Gyron System....

Since was not too familiar with the space in the area, he pulled up all available information on the world, but the last reports he was able to find on the world said that the last settlements on Gyron itself had been wiped out by the Gulag Plague. A scout report dated five months ago suggested that the marsh-strewn world was abandoned. You don't just make a jump to a system like that, unless you're purposefully trying to foil pursuit...but they didn't think they were being followed then, did they? Unless they set up shop there. It sounds like a place to set up processing facilities with less of a worry of the Ravens finding them. He pivoted on the chair to face the ship's captain.

"Take us to the Gyron System."

"Aye sir," said the man, who in turn nodded at the navigator and helmsman.

Minutes later, the quartet of patrol vessels jumped into hyperspace, headed to the Gyron System.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom