Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Territory

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Didn't mean to come off so abrupt. I keep forgetting Corellia was all but destroyed."

Judah was merely joking about the sales pitch but it probably came off a bit harsher than he intended. Hands started to dry on a towel in the galley as he listened. Mouth quirked in a smile at the mention of Makai and impressing girls. Only his son would make him feel older than he was entirely too early. One minute the kid could barely walk and the next he's busy kissing girls and trying to win them over.

"Of course. Just perhaps one girl though, Arceneau's kid." A shake of his head. "Ready to go salvage these parts?"

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Chloe immediately gave a wave of her hand, gesturing that it was okay.

"Ain't no bother, Judah." her smile shone brightly as did the blue in her eyes. Settling herself back down in her chair, the Corellian blonde tucked in her right foot under her left thigh.

It was easy to see that Judah found Makai and the prospect of girls he was sweet on amusing. To a degree, Chloe could understand why. She had several younger brothers of her own, and she had spent some time teasing them.

"Arceneau's kid?" Chloe gave a confused expression, not quite sure if that name was supposed to click. Arceneau was a big name, but Chloe didn't know that the Queen of Trade had a child. Granted, the last few years the titan of industry had been rather apt at keeping to herself.

"Wait, like Arceneau Trade?"

He watched as [member="Chloe Blake"] made herself more comfortable at the table instead of getting up to salvage. Probably should have waited to feed her after the work was done. Apparently he wasn't as terrible company as he previously thought. Most of the time he couldn't tell, of course others were nice when they were trying to get a company contract.

"Yeah, Arceneau Trade. Danger Arceneau."

In a short period of time Judah had gotten comfortable with an upper circle of business type folks. Arceneau. Kerrigan-Alcori. Governors. Presidents. It was easy to forget his life was far from 'normal' , especially after his wife had died.

"Don't think most people know about her daughter. Can't say I blame her.Its hard, making sure the kids stay kids. Hence why a lot live basically secluded from the rest of the 'verse."

"If you had kids....I don't think you do, you'd probably do the same. Even Whyrens would attract a pack full of nut jobs ready to kidnap for ransom or merely be overall creeps."

Now that was rubbing elbows with folk a bit higher up the hyperlane than Chloe honestly expected. There was surprise in her expression, a slight widening in her eyes. The corner of her mouth gave a twitch. A slow side to side shake along with a, "Not blessed with children but I've enough younger siblings to consider I've done some mothering of my own." there was a twinkle in her eye when she said that, plenty of humor radiating from her.

"Although that's less of a point now than it was back then. They are all grown now. Each doing their part to help my grandpa on Talus with the farm. It was lucky for them that they'd open a few distilleries and bought land there prior to the event." it was what it was, and being Corellian meant that they would survive it some how. Might take time and hard work, but that is what they did well.

"Didn't picture Miz Arcenau the sort to have any children." she said honestly. And to be fair, Chloe didn't know much about the woman save her public image. Sure, Chloe patron'ed a few Trade and Fuel stations now and then, but get up close and personal with the redhead? Never thought it would be possible.

"So, how she like?" she inquired. Whether Judah would think she meant Danger or her daughter was solely up in the air.

Surprise was written all over [member="Chloe Blake"] 'es face and the mention of Arceneau. He didn't want to give her a heart attack and tell the blonde and the Trade Queen were on a first name basis. It was hard for Judah to imagine Danger as some far off, unapproachable woman.

"So distilling is a family heritage? I like that.Shows a great deal about a family when they are all involved in the business. I can only hope for such luck with Makai."

They were back to the Arceneaus and Judah wasn't sure how to describe them, especially to someone who acted surprised that he personally knew the family. Eyebrows knit together as he thought on what to say. There was a long stretch of silence between them before he spoke.

"Danger or Myra? I assume you're asking about both...Danger is a great woman. Down to earth, warm. She has a great eye for business. Never seen her treat anyone without respect but she doesn't mince words either. Next Southern Systems I will bring you along and you can see for yourself."

"As for her daughter, Myra is the type of girl I would have wanted as a daughter if I had been blessed with more children. She's a funny mix of refined lady and tomboy all at once. I hope she doesn't change."

Chloe leaned back in her chair, taking her drink in hand and observing Judah with a mix of whimsy and amusement. Mmm, just watching him had her pondering a few things. A woman's instinct perhaps. As it was, it was rather fascinating to hear the Dashiell speak of Arceneau and her daughter so. Rubbing elbows with folk that far up was just strange to her.

"Sounds like," a finger tapped along her glass, giving a half grin. " Although hearing it is a bit hard to believe." a hand quickly gestured to elaborate. "I know her thing is mingling and connecting folk what with her company being all trade, just never figured I'd meet someone who knew her more than in passing."

With that much in mind, the blonde took a deep breath. "Well... I reckon it is time as any to get to work right?" she suggested, giving a waggle of her brows.

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"A bit hard to believe eh?Hence my invite."

There wasn't much else to say on the matter until Miss Blake met the Arceneaus for herself. He was still amused by the fact Chloe didn't seem to expect him to know such folk. Former Farmboy charm had some advantage in the business world.

"Work? Oh, you're finally ready? Here I thought I was going to end up feeding and boarding you for an extended stay for free."

Boyish grin showed her he was merely teasing as they worked their way out of the vessel and into the bright sunshine. Tools still lay at the foot of the ramp,right where he left them.

A role of baby blues and a crinkle of Chloe's nose at the Dashiell. "Yeah yeah, don't you worry none. I'll work my due." she told him, taking her drink and having a long sip. Casual conversation did them both good. Sometimes it was just nice to catch up.

"Alright, so what is the plan?" a nod and a hand gestured motioned to the ship. "What will we be doing first?" depending on what he was aiming for, they could start where he required the most help in. All they had to do here was just place their dirty dishes in the sonic washer and they could go on to turning wrenches.

And maybe a little more conversation there at it.

[member="Chloe Blake"]

He was slowly and methodically loading the sonic washer, a bit of his perfectionist side showing. There was a certain way it was loaded so it cleaned all the dishes....well, cleaned them all the most effectively. Miss Blake was asking how to earn here keep and he had no shortage of work to be done.

"I'm retrofitting an old Washburn for him. Bought one from a salvage yard, its quite beat up. We're here today to look for a new-to-us hyperdrive and engine system for it. Hoping we find one."

"I figured you'd be interested in helping....uh....Just would like some input maybe as I take this project on. Perhaps a bit silly sounding now that I say it."

Chloe gave a small chuckle. Seeing Judah's sheepish smile and the way his dark mop of hair flopped over his brow.

"Hah, no ain't silly at all," she replied, smile broadening wide. How meticulous he was at stacking the dishes in the sonic was endearing, and in no time they were done.

"You fed me already so reckon I can't just take off without paying my proper due." came her tease.

"A Washburn is a good pick." she knew of it well, one of Silk Holdings. "Big enough boat to make a home and travel round the 'verse back and forth."

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Oh you can take off, I would just talk bad about you."

To who was the question, given his limited circle. Easy smile graced his features at the joke. Truth was Miss Blake didn't have to help him out. He certainly wasn't entitled to anything just because they decided to share a meal together.

While the Washburn was more than large enough , that was the concern. The concern Makai was going to hit the 'verse one day and never look back in his direction. Of course the boy was gaining some freedom,growing into his own man. All to be expected.

What he didn't expect to feel was so....obsolete.

"Yeah, I'm sure he'll have lots of adventures. Get in all sorts of trouble...well, maybe not. He's a fairly decent kid."

He leaned over and turned on the sonic washer, a soft hum echoing through the galley.

Chloe found herself leaning against the washer, right hip perpendicular to the edge. The flat of her hand came to rest on top of it, feeling the slight vibration ripple up her hand. She gave an inquisitive rap of her finger tips across the tap, a soft chuckle bubbling up her throat.

"Mmhmm..." the Corellian Warden could agree with that. Makai was a fairly decent kid. He will also grow up to be a good man. She could tell that.

"You done good raising him, Judah," Chloe added quietly, reaching over with her hand to gently pat and rub his own hand. The honeyed contrast of her skin against the worn weathered of his own. She gave him an encouraging squeeze, that wistful smile attempting to coax one of his own.

"Don't you forget that."

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Appreciate that, easy to forget."

Her hand on his elicited a bit more complicated feelings then he expected. A bit of guilt mixed with a touch of wonder and excitement. It was a bit schoolboyish if he thought too hard about it. Women noticed him from time to time of course. He never paid much attention, busy with Makai or the business, perhaps a bit guilty about the possibility of moving on with his life.

Chloe was different. A sunny contrast. He was both intrigued and a bit frightened at the prospect of something beyond basic friendship. If he had to be perfectly honest with himself, he was probably reading far too much in the gesture. Chloe was friendly to all.....perhaps he had a touch of a schoolboy crush on the woman.

Judah found himself a bit amused by the prospect and gave a small smile. He took her hand and placed a small kiss on the back of it, a bit in a playful manner.

"You're far too kind. Part of me thinks you're trying to sweet talk your way out of hard labor."

Now that was a difference! However, it didn't prompt a flutter of her heart as it might have years ago. Instead, the blonde woman granted Judah a warm smile, patting his hand. The brief touch of his lips upon her hand and tickle of his scruff was something new, but not unpleasant.

"Nah," she laughed, shoulders shaking a bit in humor. The Warden flashed him a quick wink.

"I'd simply ask for more food." with that ending quip, the blonde gestured for Judah to lead the way. They had some working to do and might as well do it while they still had light. Maybe after relax a little bit and see what happened from there.

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"More food? Now you're sounding more like Makai." Grin from his silly gesture shortly beforehand was still in place. "More food is easy to do."

They would pick their way out of the Sirena with Judah picking his tools up along the way. He chose to carry nearly everything on the hike down to the junkyard. Sun was bright and he squinted as they stepped out of the shade of the vessel.

"Any suggestions for his ship?"

"Well, that depends." Chloe replied to [member="Judah Dashiell"], the blonde Warden hooking her thumbs to the belt loops at the back of her pants. Her keen sky blue gaze went over the junk yard, thoughts coming here and there.

"What sort of ship you looking to give him? What does he like?" it all depended on those types of answers.

"He looking for speed? Short hops? Long term exploration out into the black?"

The Corellian gave a swivel of her head to look up at Judah, the corner of her mouth twitching upwards.

"Or is he just a teenager looking to just have his own boat to fix on his own?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom