Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Territory

Judah waited patiently while [member="Chloe Blake"] gave thanks for the meal. He had no preference of religion, although he wasn't extremely keen on the Force. Seemed they caused quite a bit of trouble without solving much. It was odd he got along with Miss Blake without finding her Force use annoying. Most likely because she chose to judiciously use her talents for good, rather than watch the 'verse burn.

"You found out my evil plan. Forcing you to stay so you can help me with the hard stuff. Two meals can be pretty cheap if I plan it right. Especially with you being used to premade refueling station food."

Fork cut into a root vegetable, popping a tender piece into his mouth.

"What are you doing after I release you from service?Any plans?"

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

"Well, reckon if you toss in hot water showers, I'd be a right fool to deny your hospitality." Chloe immediately bantered back, flashing a teasing good humored wink over at his direction. Digging in with gusto, she took a large bite. Goodness this was amazing. Hot meals were few and fare between for a spacer like her. Her Granddaddy had raised her and her brothers and sisters on Corellian comfort food. Perhaps a bit too easy on the richness factor, but who minded a bit extra butter anyways?

She grew up on fresh baked biscuits with flaky layers. Rich casseroles, meat pies, and of course, fried nuna. Everything would get washed down on some manner of Corellian brew, and being at a distillery and brewery made that easy. Thinking about it brought a tone of melancholy but at the same time a bitter-sweetness to her expression. If anything, she was happy that her family was safe and had survived the breaking of Corellia.

Distilleries and the farm could be rebuilt. Being able to hold her Granddaddy again a far more priceless action.

"Well... I've been thinking of upgrading my hibridium cloak. Things been jiry rigged one way or another and if one blows then I have to jiry rig it again to fix it." She'd done it back during her Pyre days along with Jorus. Actually, the day she'd hooked it up on the Gypsymoth and the Aurora she'd told Jorus that she was leaving him.

A slow chew and thoughtful expression came back. Oh the love was still there. Always would be, but the ache that had come with it or some time now had waned the last few years. Now she was simply content that Jorus, Mara and Alna were doing right.

"Might upgrade a few things here and there."

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Bit disappointed Miss Blake, what does an upstanding citizen such as yourself need a cloaking device for? Sounds a mite bit shady. If I start hearing about you on all the holochannels I'm going to worry."

In was all in good natured fun. Judah assumed it was a cloaking device for her vessel, given the nature of her travels. Probably afforded her better opportunities to move in and out of highly dangerous areas without the need for backup. Wasn't a lot of help in the places she'd head or stay in after all.

Food started to disappear from his bowl, pleased that he hadn't lost his touch for some of the 'fancier' type of meals. Teenage boys didn't seem to be too picky when it came to filling their stomach at times. Judah was certain Makai would eat a kitchen sponge at times if it was seasoned correctly. A small smile touched his features before looking back to MIss Blake.

"Upgrades? Exciting. More gadgets for your life of crime."

"You have caught me in my dastardly deed, Judah Dashiell!" Chloe was up to bat. She in no way hesitated as she added, "You realize that I must now kill you to protect my interests... regardless how yummy your pot roast is!" enter a massive exaggerated wiggle of eyebrows and then a short laugh.

"Either that or you can now consider yourself bound to serve my ship and slave all day long cleaning the decks." another bite of the meat.

"I have extra bunks. I reckon the meal plan isn't too bad either." another mischevious grin.

[member="Chloe Blake"]

Judah chewed a piece of pot roast while he considered the two options. Neither seemed rather appealing, although he had done menial work before. As a younger man he wouldn't have minded traveling the space lanes and not being tied down to one place or another. Vagrant Fleet had given that opportunity until being disbanded. Now things in life were a bit more complicated.

"Well....younger Judah would have taken up your offer. "You know, one time I mentioned to Thessa we could salvage the space lanes as a family, just needed like four or five kids to help work the business. Didn't think that went over too well."

Another bite of dinner.

"Now, its more complicated. I've got a teenage son thats somewhat attached to having me around...Company kind of needs me around too. People would start wondering where I am, nothing would get done.....Seems I'm too old to be a cabin boy."

"Looks like you're going to have to kill me."

Chloe's blonde brows rose as if in mock surprise.

"Well then, reckon I will." the corner of her mouth twisted up, and she appeared to ruminate over the various options she had to cease Judah's longevity.

"Hmm, since you did cook such a delicious meal, I will allow you to choose the method of your demise." blue eyes twinkled.

"So what shall it be?"

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Firing squad"

There wasn't any hesitation, firing squad was one of the quicker ways to go in his opinion. There was one issue with the firing squad though, something that would need to be addressed before his demise.

"Two requests. No blindfold and I get to have a cigarette beforehand. Haven't smoked in....sixteen years or so, but I imagine my lungs won't matter anymore at that point."

"Might want to do this off-ship, could get messy. Bad for resale value."

"Didn't take you for a cigarette type." Chloe teased Judah, a small arch of her blonde brows following suit. It wasn't like she minded it. Her grandpa had a liking to the pipe, indulging in a pinch of Corellian tobacco now and then.

"Gonna have to say no go on those cigarettes," she added, taking another scoop of the pot roast and munching. A small gesture of her clean spoon and she added after swallowing. "All I have are a few Corellian cigars."

"As for the blindfold... wow, Judah, didn't think you'd been keen on such like that." now she really was teasing him, her nose scrunching up and those blue eyes of her sparkling with impish mischief.

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Cigars are fine, its my last few moments anyways. Don't think it would be matterin' all that much at that point."

In reality he hadn't smoked in so long, he'd probably end up choking on smoke and dying before the firing squad even got to him. A piece of potato popped into his mouth as Miss Blake started to flirt. Or at least he was fairly certain she was flirting. It had been awhile since such a thing happened.

Did he flirt back? Why not.

"Anything it takes for you to get the job done Miss Blake....blindfolds, handcuffs, ropes....."

A boyish grin crossed his face.

That brought on a sudden burst of laughter, amusement breaking over her face in avid humor. Devilry danced in her eyes, making them sparkle as she added another half snicker. There was only so much she could do to keep from laughing out loud, and in their silly banter, the Corellian had reached that point.

"Now that might take some planning, Judah Dashiell." his boyish grin mirrored the impish one she wore.

"I don't just have all them things hanging about." another wave of her spoon before she took another mouthful of the stew. Licking her lips, they twisted further into a wider grin.

"But I reckon I could work something out for a man in his last few hours of his life and make it worth his while." her relationship might not have progressed to physical one with Horus, but that didn't mean she had no semblance of casual flirtation and quips up her proverbial sleeve.

"Got a preference? Maybe I can do a special order."

Laughter and a flush of red came to his cheeks as [member="Chloe Blake"] asked if he had any preferences. Since she was taking special orders and all. Part of him wanted to be bold enough to invite her in for something more. The more logical and practical side of him chose to remind the other side he was a gentleman. Judah wasn't the type for a casual intimate relationship.

It was a bit unsettling how Miss Blake was already putting him at ease.

"I have many preferences." A slight pause. "As much as I'd love to place an order so to speak,uh....I haven't....uh....placed one in nearly seven years."

There was a short laugh.

"Afraid I'd be rather useless at this point in the game."

The banter was good for them both. Rhyme and reason after all. Getting Judah to relax and take some time to laugh and smile had been a work in progress for the Corellian. Most of the time he seemed a mite bit too caught up in work or looking after his son that he hadn't really had time to tend to himself.

Being a widower had to be trying, and coming from a large family, Chloe could understand the importance of family and have those you hold dear close. Especially after such an event. Might have been some years now that Judah had placed his wife into the ground, but it could take time before they were right with themselves to be able to live again.

"I don't know. Ain't anything one can't get on right up like riding a speederbike." a soft roll of a shoulder and ample humor in her eyes. One empty bowl and a spoon licked clean now lay empty in front of the blonde.

"But I reckon if complicated was the matter, then this would be a rather empty 'verse." Another chuckle and the woman rose to her feet, taking her dirty dishes to get them a wash.

"You want anything more to drink?"

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"You're comparing sex to riding a speederbike?" Laughter broke out at the thought of the comparison,a little surprised at the analogy. He sobered up enough to make a reply. "I've never bothered to ride a speederbike. Looks like I'm in deep trouble."

Chloe started to move about, collecting empty dishware and gracefully work her way around the small galley. It had been ages since he had good (and flirtatious) company that seemed to be at ease with the basics of life. Most he had been in contact with would have looked down on such a thing. Nice to get back to his roots. To who he really was.

Beyond the home-grown feel, Judah took comfort at how easily Chloe offered him a drink. It felt right. As if she should always be in that spot, sunny personality shining down on him. In a way it was like seeing the sun after years in darkness.

"Yes, please.....Doesn't matter what, just not whiskey."

Her laughter went echoing throughout the room, the blonde's shoulders shaking in her mirth.

"Haha, what? You ain't ever heard that before?" she flashed him a pearly white smile, eyes as bright as a summer sky. Stopping by the sonic washer, she set her empty places down before wandering back to grab his empty glass.

"Not whiskey?" a loft of a brow. Chole didn't know what was behind the reason for it, or that it had its roots at the Clockwork Rebellion. Her curiosity was there painted across her face. Being born and raised on a distillery and everything whiskey, it made it a reasonable curio.

"What you boys have stored away in here then besides water?" she went on to search what was available.

"Lemonade then?'

"Uh, no."

[member="Chloe Blake"] gave him a curious look as he mentioned no alcohol. Most folks took the admission that he was a recovering alcoholic, needing to stay away so he didn't fall off the wagon. While it couldn't be further from the truth, Judah normally let people think what they wanted. Chloe might have to be an exception to his rule.

"Lemonade? Is that all you think us farm kids drink is lemonade and milk?" Grin showed he was joking. "I think there's some fruit juice laying around in there, that'll work. Or water. I'm not picky."

Legs stretched out in front of him as he thought best to approach the drinking issue. The curiosity wasn't going to just go away. If they continued to spend more time together it was bound to come up. Probably best for Judah to tell her now, get it over with, and let Chloe decide if he was insane or not.

"So...here I was, young guy....thinking I was like this handsome, suave player of the galaxy. In reality I was just a dumb farm kid but I liked to think otherwise. Anyways, I'm in the Republic, we're stationed on Coruscant. The place is just different where I had just came from and I took advantage. Went out a lot with my fellow pilots. Drinking, going to bars and night clubs."

Judah stopped to chuckle before continuing.

"I didn't have a problem getting drunk. One night though it went a little south and I was infected by nanites during the Clockwork mess. I was an easy target.....I was infected and....basically went more than a little crazy. Spent time in a facility....couldn't be around droids....it....it was rough."

"Ever since then I haven't wanted a drink - just brings up a horrible fear it will happen again. Not really logical, I know....but still."

"Don't you go looking down on a fresh glass of lemonade, Judah Dashiell." came her mocking chide after his joke. The Corellian was intuitive enough to tell there was something more to it than that, but she was just fine having an easy going conversation.

"There had been plenty of summers where having a tall glass of fresh lemonade on ice was mighty fine on my list." as he had mentioned, the fruit juice was there. Pouring him a drink, the blonde turned to give him a faint smile.

"Ain't no such thing as a dumb farm kid. Not with all the work, they gotta do before the first light even paints the skies," the tease came easy, as did the glass she set before him of fruit juice.

'Course, the true reasoning behind it sobered her some as Judah quietly elaborated after. When he mentioned Clockwork, it clicked. The nanites. The droids. It had been a heck of a time.

"Logical enough for you," she added quietly, taking her seat again. There was compassion in her gaze. A reflective quality. "An anxiety can be real enough to freeze any man in their tracks. "

"Life's got a way of handing one trials and tribulations, but it ain't so hard that one can't come out a little bit stronger right after. " she curled her fingers around her glass of lemonade, finger pads gently tapping.

"Course, there is being aware of it and ensuring said anxiety don't take over your life. Simply choosing not to drink ain't too bad of a thing." the corner of her mouth perked upward.

"Granted, I guess I'ma have to think of another ship warming present to give you instead of my granddaddy's black label."

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Might be why the farmkids are dumb. We're up slaving away while everyone is sleeping. So perhaps we are the dumb ones."

Taking a swig of his fruit juice, he shrugged a little at the mention of the logic of not drinking. There was still a need to be quiet about it, not to speak of his reasoning to large groups of people. Much of his business relied on reputation....if his clients saw him as mentally unfit....then business was going to grind to a halt. Besides, it was best to keep his personal life as private as possible.

"Considering the ship is for Makai, I'd be a little worried if you're gifting a teenage boy alcohol."

"You ever heard of long term investments, Judah?" Chloe gave a quip right back, not to be brushed to the side about her potential gift. Her eyes were bright, her grin wide, and it was clear she was trying to cheer the man up a bit.

"You are looking a rare bottle of Corellian Gold that could very well be one of the last in existence for this particular year." Taking her lemonade in hand, she brought it up to her mouth for a sip. At least, until it paused to hover there for a moment.

"Could very end up worth a pretty credit once Makai is of age." then a rolling shrug along with an impish grin. "Unless he should so desire to take advantage of the spirit prior to said age." it was a light chuckle.

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"I'm well aware of long term investments Miss Blake. However,it sounds like you're more or less on a sales pitch for your product. If you're looking for investments, I've never opposed but you're going to have to think of a better sales pitch."

Judah shrugged a little at the mention of Makai hitting of-age and alcohol prices. If Miss Blake was to put aside a bottle or two, of course they would be put up for when he was more than old enough. Juice finished and he got up, moving to put the glass down in the sink. He stretched a little, having sat too long with his company.

"Nearly every kid out there tries alcohol before they are of age. Almost like a rite of passage, but his taste buds would be too young for the good stuff at this point....well, unless he's trying to impress a girl. " Judah grinned. "Which is all the time for every man under the age of sixty."

Chloe gave a small shrug, but her teasing expression sobered for a moment.

"Yeah well, having Corellia destroyed along with the family farm means that those few bottles that had managed to transfer over to Talus would be few and far in between." Ah, a bit more history about that. The tragedy that had befallen Corellia had struck a cord throughout the 'verse, more so for each Corellian.

"Well, I'm sure if anything comes off of it time will tell." Chloe brought a smile back to her face. If she held any offense to Judah's words, she certainly didn't show it. Then again, Chloe wasn't the sort to hold onto petty grudges.

"So Makai at the age of trying to impress girls?" a change of subject, and perhaps a bit more jovial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom