Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Territory

Hast System | Wild Space | Theme

Sirena glided through the black, the aquamarine color of the luxury vessel contrasting oddly with the surrounding environment. Judah had never personally been to this section of space on the edge of the 'verse but Salacia salvage crews had found it to be a treasure trove full of starships, old and broken technology and various wrecks. Back in New Republic times it was a secret shipyard. Hundreds of years and many changes of hands had made for top picks on the planet and the shipyard. The shipyards were currently under some poor management, operating at half-capacity.

The businessman in him had an urge to go and negotiate a deal. Salacia could use some shipyards, beyond the ones in Fondor. They could sell the Fondor yards, place it all or nothing on the Hast System. It aligned more in their expansion goals.

As the Sirena screamed towards the planet, Judah realized he would keep the information in the back of his mind and revisit it later. He had more important things to focus on, like not screwing up his 'date' with one [member="Chloe Blake"].

If he was honest with himself, Judah was nervous. It wasn't like he had done this recently. The last 'date' had been with his now deceased wife, so his experience was nearly a decade old. Beyond his own nervousness, self-doubt lingered a bit in the back of his mind. There was the twinge of guilt, a bit of unease. Though he had been a widower for some time, it was hard stepping out onto the ledge.

Oh he could kid himself, say Makai still needed him and Salacia drew away too much of his time. Judah knew these were horrible excuses. Makai was a growing teenage boy, one who needed his father's guidance but was starting to explore on his own now. Salacia had done well with him working on a part-time status since Thessa's death, it wasn't as if his excuses were even justified in that department.

Lost in thought, he barely remembered to relay his information to flight control, snapping out of his thoughts as a bored voice crackled through his comm. Sirena maneuvered down to the surface, gliding towards a open field on the edge of a gritty town. Rumors had it some of the best pickings around, junkyards and used part warehouses should all be found within its borders.

Not exactly a traditional first date choice, but Chloe would be helping him with some things for Makai. Judah had figured two birds with one stone, it would be good to have an active activity if things went south quickly.

With the Sirena powered down and resting on a weed covered landing pad, Judah made his way down the ramp and into the bright sunshine of Hast.

"Well, this was interestin' ain't it Chloe my girl?" the soft murmur would be barely audible to the Warden's breath but said with a light-hearted attitude. When she'd been invited over by Judah to help out with some work, having it be a date of some sorts was the last thing on her mind.

However, the more she thought about it, the more it made her smile. Seeing Judah smile a bit more and get on out there and do what he did best was nice to see. After everything that had occurred with Thessa's death, it was nice to see him socialize more.

Truth be told, doing anything resembling a 'date' had never really been something the Warden had ever experienced herself. The life of a Warden of the Sky was rather solitary; the longest semi-relationship that ever took root had been with Jorus. They'd made a home for the few years that they shacked up together before Mara's birth and after. While he had gone on and found the love of his life, Chloe still held the man in high regard and yes, in love. One doesn't just stop loving someone, and truth be told, one likely will never will. Love comes in different shades and flavors. For Chloe, she knew that she'll always love Jorus in her own way. There's had been filled with what ifs and maybe's, and had ended without truly giving it a chance.

From then on, Chloe had told herself she wouldn't let that happen again. While who knew when love may come across, the blonde opened herself up at least to new friendships. Jannick and Choli for example now traveled with her. To a degree, both she and Jan were a bit broken inside. Keeping each other company had done them both a measure of good.

For now, though, the Aurora Hawk would settle down
on Hast. She was here to meet up with Judah. Engines went winding down, and after a few minutes the slight shudder of the YZ-1200 came to a halt.

Picking up her comm, the blonde smiled lightly as she tapped into [member="Judah Dashiell"]'s frequency. Were he to pick up, he'd hear her musical singsong drawl out,

[ Hey stranger. I hear you got some frozen burritos held hostage. Gonna have to request you release them into my custody. ]

As the sun beat down overhead, Judah walked around the Sirena, checking on the vessel. There had been some time to kill while waiting for [member="Chloe Blake"] to arrive. Not that it mattered. Judah needed some time to stretch his legs and enjoy looking out a the waving grasslands. Leaning against a strut, it reminded him partially of his boyhood on the farm. Pockets of life were found in Saleucami and thats where most settled to farm. The rest was pure desert, hot and unforgiving.

Comm buzzed and Judah fished it out of his pocket.

[ Frozen burritos? ] Judah made face. Frozen burritos were fine once in awhile, when he and Makai were too busy. Or they simply hadn't grocery shopped in a week. [ You're going to come off that spaceship once in awhile and actually set foot on solid land. We have real food down here. ]

Eyes gazed across the weed-strewn landing land pad. Various vessels were around him, a fueling line was being drug in the distance.

[So where are you at? I'm by the big, shiny ocean blue ship. Shouldn't be too hard to see.]

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

That brought another grin to Chloe's face. She scrunched up her nose in amusement and quickly tapped back, [ You so sure? I mean, real food is hard to come by. Sure you can beat my amazing sandwich? ]

A small chuckle followed in the wake of pressing 'send.' Glancing up the blonde took a deep breath. Well, it was new, but not unwelcomed. Whatever the day would bring at the very least she had good company. There was little else that Chloe could ask for.

"Alright," she began, sky blue eyes scanning the spaceport.

"Big, shiny, ocean blue ship." the Corellian repeated to herself, good cheer radiating from every one of her steps. Finding [member="Judah Dashiell"] wasn't hard at all. Some fifteen minutes later the Warden found exactly what the CEO had described. There he was with the sun beating down on him and his hair in an unruly mop. One could easily tell where Makai got his looks from.

Chuckling to herself, Chloe waved her hand in hello from a distance, hoping to catch Judah's eye.

"Orval!' in her traditional Corellian greeting, strolling on over with an easy going saunter.

"You weren't kidding about the big, shiny and blue." she teased, eyes shining with mischievousness as she strode right up to the ship.

[Real food is only as difficult as you make it Miss Blake. I think you've been staring at the black too long.]

Sometimes he wondered if [member="Chloe Blake"] was running from the soil. Most times he saw her to was in the reaches of nothing. Space stations. Back water mining colonies. It was all well and fine of course. Everyone had their own environment they were comfortable they were in. For himself it was something akin to this. Backwater landing pad strewn with weeds, hardscrabble people, nothing for hundreds of kilometers. For the most part he had adapted well to his new ocean life with Makai. Judah supposed he couldn't be a backwater farmkid for the rest of his life, no matter how hard he tried.

Eyes caught a hint of movement and he spotted Miss Blake headed towards him. A short wave back followed him.

"Miss Blake, a pleasure to see you as always." Head tilted up to take in the ocean blue vessel. "I wasn't. Custom color. I actually had everything customized on this one, I think I was feeling a little rich for my blood that week."

In all actuality, the Santhe Challenger that stood before them had been a gift for his late wife. Judah had personally customized in the Sirena for her ; leather upholstery, rare polished woods, vehicle storage and more. Thessa had never been one for the vessel, preferring her X-Wing or the Siren's Song. Even before her death, Judah nearly exclusively used the ship, if for nothing more than just to get use out of it.

Hand ran under the ships belly as he walked towards his toolbox, giving a small smile. He was ready to go in an old shirt and oil stained work pants. His nerf leather boots had clearly seen better days. Right now, he looked anything but the owner of a mutli-million credit company. Just how he preferred it.

"So, what have I missed? Besides sandwiches that would make a man weep for joy."

Chloe's eyes brightened at the sight of the Dashiell. He was a sight for sore eyes, a bit rough around the edges, but looking better than he had before.

"Custom everythin' eh?" she repeated, grinning widely. Coming to a stop just shy of a meter from him, Chloe gave a wiggle of her nose along with a broadening of that pixie grin.

"Well... not much. Been wandering up and down the Hydian shipping a few medical supplies for the Core World refugees." it was a way to make some extra cash and checked off the mark of doing some good. She had plenty of cargo space to run a few trips.

"Helping the Academy a bit." a quick arch of her brows to show amusement.

"But the more pressing matter," her arms spread wide and she reached forward to give him a hug.

"I don't know about you, but I think there is a monster about to explode out of my belly!" it was a joke of course -- until the slight grumble coming from her stomach said otherwise. Okay, not quite a monster, but enough of a hungry indicator.

"What's to eat?"

[member="Chloe Blake"]

Hydian Way? It was quite interesting she had been along the route. Salacia was sending out scouting crews on the tail end of the Hydian Way, looking to expand. They had no interest in going Core-ward, just needed some locations close enough to send out shipments and the like. Judah was certain it was looking promising. Unclaimed territory as far as the eye could see in that area. Bit of a paradise really.

There was a bit of hesitation before he allowed himself to hug Chloe back. Judah couldn't say he hugged many folks these days beyond his son and perhaps one or two of the Arceneau ladies. His own Ma. It was odd and a bit refreshing all at once, to kind of let himself not crab around in his shell all the time.

"I've got some crews lingering around the Hydian." A small pause. "Its good to hear you're helping out the the refugees, the Core is starting to look as ragged as the outskirts now."

"Come on in before you die of hunger. I've got a nerf roast in the galley. Should be ready..."

It was his turn to cook. Judah had figured a nerf roast was easy enough. Once one tossed in a little root vegetables it looked down right impressive. Or....at least that was his opinion. It was easy enough to make and kept well. Two important things when he didn't quite know the entire schedule of arrival and part salvaging.

Roast Nerf?

Chloe's eyes would widen in hungry interest and excitement. Nothing like a good Nerf Roast to warm the bones. To be honest, she enjoyed the slightly browned bits that stuck around the edges of the pot. If you left it slow cooking long enough, the sauce became thick and the roast was fork tender, practically falling apart.

"Oh man, pulling out all the stops." she teased the Dashiell, following him inside with a whimsical half grin. "Reckon I'll have to kick it up another notch the next time I cook to top that." moving into step slightly beside him, Chloe continued on with cheer.

"So how's Makai doing?" she was genuinely interested in the young man. From what she'd heard he was quite the little salvager now. She'd heard he'd done some work with Firemane recently and word spreads quick along the spacer community.

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"So maybe next time I get a sandwich and a side?" Judah gently elbowed Chloe as they walked up into the Sirena. He really hadn't been lying about the Santhe Challenger, the interior a mix of wood, burnished durasteel, and nerf leather. Despite the vessel being as old as Makai it had aged well through meticulous upkeep and maintenance. It helped the vessel wasn't used for the often messy job of salvaging.

"Makai is doing good. I've had him real busy lately, salvaging with Firemane mostly. He's been on a few other odd jobs as well. Couldn't be happier on how he's turning out." Judah looked to the woman walking along the corridors with him. "Honestly I don't know what I would do without him. Every father is thrilled to have a son.....I suppose things would have been harder without him around..."

Judah turned a corner and found himself in the galley. Smell of roast nerf hung heavy in the air. He quickly went and peeked in on it before turning off the cooking unit.

"Smells done. Let me grab some bowls and we should be ready to eat."

"Maybe." Chloe would tease, sticking out her tongue at him for a brief silly moment. It followed suit with a wag of her brows and a soft chuckle.

"That's good to hear. He's growing up fast." the blonde would comment, hands rising to tuck into her back pockets as they ambled along. Hearing him talk about his son gave an insight to the Warden about just how deeply he cared for Makai. Judah Dashiell was a family man through and through. It was a sore sight to see him walking around as if carrying a deep wound.

One couldn't blame him. From first impressions, Judah reminded him a little bit of her grandpa in that sense. From what she took of the story and everything that came after, Judah Dashiell loved once and he loved deeply. Having Thessa out of his life had taken a little bit of his heart and soul. Now he was just trying to mend the ragged, bruised bits left behind.

Those thoughts were swept to the side as Chloe took a deep breath. The savory aroma of cooking pot roast tickled her nose and filled it with joy. Even her belly gave a slight gurgle at that. An abashed flush ran over cheeks and colored them pink.

"Well I won't argue that." she drawled out, chuckling again. Seeing him move to grab some bowls, the blonde took a step forward.

"Here let me do that." she offered, coming to a slight rush behind him. If he turned too quickly, he might bump into her.

"Yeah, he's growing up real fast. Making me feel like an old man."

Reaching up for the bowls, Judah was in his own world as he moved. At this point he was used to doing nearly everything himself. Hand snagged two bowls from up top, unaware of the fact [member="Chloe Blake"] was behind him trying to do the same thing. A step back from his reach and he immediately bumped into the woman, the galley not giving them much room to begin with.

Concerned, his free arm reached out to grab her, pulling Miss Blake close to him. Ocean blue eyes gaze her the one the over, appraising if there was any damage done. Gaze lingered on the blond woman for a moment too long before there was a slight flush and a clear of his throat.

"Sorry 'bout that. Didn't know you were right behind me.You okay?"

Realizing he still had a hold on Chloe caused his cheeks to turn a little pink once more. He let her free with a slight duck of his head, slightly embarrassed at the entire situation. A small step back to reveal the bowls that he had been blocking. Probably best he didn't try falling all over Chloe again.

"I assume you were looking for these? Utensils are...uh...third drawer over there by the 'fridge. Napkins might be floating around here too, not certain about that one."

Sky blue eyes matched the widening of the Dashiell.

"Omph -- haha!" her burst of surprise turned into a half chuckle, her own hands coming up to brace against his forearms. At his appraisal, Chloe upturned her half smile into a full brown grin. Although there was no denying that the man had the sort of penetrating stare that could give any woman's heart a bit of a flip-flop.

"I'm fine." she assured him, wiggling her nose at the man. When his face began to redden her grin only broadened. Pursing her lips in mild amusement, Chloe gave a rock back of her heels, allowing him to move if he so desired.

"That I was," she said, chuckling again. It was infectious as it was whimsical. "Rather eat it than wear it, I say."

"I'll grab the utensils," she flashed him a wink, side stepping him with another brilliant smile.

"What, you and Makai actually managed to stock up on napkins?" her tone indicated a certain sense of teasing.

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Stock up every time we hit a refueling station. Ignore the Mara TibX & Fuels logos...If you want to get fancy I'm sure some dishtowels might work just as well."

Liberating some napkins from fueling stations? Well, he did own ten percent or so of the company. Judah could think of it was merely borrowing from himself at this point. Hopefully Miss Blake wouldn't mind paper napkins so much. He was never one for finery or fancy place settings. Wasn't who he was and he wasn't about to start so late in life.

While Chloe rummaged for napkins and the like, Judah busied himself taking the roast nerf out of the oven. Being an ex-farmboy, he knew exactly how to make gravy from drippings and set to his task. Whisk came to rest along the counter as he dug around in the cabinets.

"So how are your traveling companions? Or are you hitting the black alone lately? And the school kids out on Yavin IV, how have things been there? Any landlord complaints? Leaky roof? Broken windows?"

That prompted another laugh from the Corellian. Blue eyes twinkling she wagged her brows at the mopped haired man with the easy going smile.

"Well, dependin' on how many I find I'd question if you spent most of ya'lls time flying here or there than in this ball of ocean." she teased, moving towards the area Judah had mentioned they'd have napkins. It was neither here nor their what they used. Chloe was a farm girl at heart. With eight siblings of her own, she knew how things could get.

"Ah, Jan?" a roll of her shoulder and a soft smiled returned.

"He had to do some things that took his attention. " a personal mission that he'd had to take on his own.

"Choli got herself tied down to Rogue Squadron over at the Alliance... so just me and the Aurora now."

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"We're a pair of bachelors. Can't judge how long we've been in the sky based on how many napkins we've liberated from refueling stations."

Judah could detect a change in her demeanor when it came to mention of travel companions. He couldn't place what exactly it was, whether it be the loss of crew or the traveling alone. He suspected she was already used to the latter, spending her time alone. He had asked her once on Yavin IV. Even then her response didn't elicit sunshine and rainbows.

Gravy nearly done, Judah decided he could go out on a limb. Worst that would happen would be a 'no thanks' and life would continue on for the pair of them.

"How about you take a break from the skies and visit us? Always exciting to have visitors over. " Finished, he wiped his hands and turned to look at her. "Private guest house, quiet island. Well, as quiet as can be with Makai pestering you to help him with his ship."

If Judah was lookin' to surprise Chloe, surprise her he did. He blue eyes widened just a tad in surprise, followed by a half smile in mild amusement.

"You lookin' to take on a boarder now, Judah?" she didn't miss the part where he said 'guest,' but she reckoned that teasing him about it wouldn't hurt none. Coming on beside him, she set down the napkins and began to offer any other help she could. That gravy was bubbling thick and quite nice. Already the Corellian's mouth was watering. Been a long while now since she's taken hot home cooked meals.

A pause and then their eyes met. He was serious. A bit of a flush took her cheeks, coloring them a pale peach.

"Wouldn't want to intrude on your hospitality." she began, reaching over to take a few pot handles and help him move anything over towards the table.

"Private guest room or not, I might snore terribly!" she teased, flashing him that cheeky smile.

"Boarder? That implies I'm looking to rent out the space..."

Judah listened as he began to move a few things to the small table in the galley. [member="Chloe Blake"] was thoroughly teasing him, amused by the prospect of his offer it seemed. It took a long moment for the woman to catch on he was incredibly serious about the offer. He watched her demeanor change as she slowly realized he wasn't joking, coming to grab the handle of the gravy pot.

"I'm a horrible snorer. Makai snores. You would be in good company." Food finally settled on the table and he motioned for her to sit. "My offer stands, you're more than welcome to come any time you like. Most of the time the guest house is just going to waste anyways."

Truth be told, it had been a long while since Chloe had actually spent some time planetside. Home - well the farm- for her had been destroyed back on Corellia. It was a blessing from the Corellian Gods that her grandpa hadn't been at the distillery then; he'd been on Talus. But despite being glad that he was okay, there were still so many memories there that had been lost. Her grandpa was rebuilding of course, but to a degree it wasn't the same.

Of course her grandpa merely added that home is where your family is. Don't have to be no plot of land. Just flesh and blood.

"Thank you," she added again softly, giving Judah a warm smile. "I'll consider it." All she could do for now. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad, just to sit tight for a week or two.

Settling down on her seat, Chloe help set the gravy pot on the table. It was a small, homey feast. The blonde's grin widened.

"Well I gotta say Judah Dashiell, you sure know how to win over a woman." She teased,"Right with her stomach."

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"All I ask."

Habit took over, grabbing the serving spoon to dish out the meal to Miss Blake. Judah wasn't taking over or dictating portions (as it was, her bowl was growing full), it was merely a nicety. Handing over the dish, he got his own shortly after, watching the steam rise for a moment. He couldn't promise anything on the taste but at least everything would be hot.

"Path to a woman is her stomach? I doubt it, most I've encountered refuse to eat around men. Ever been to a charity gala? If so you get my point."

Napkin came to rest on his lap, grabbing a fork.

"Least I can do considering the work I'm going to try to squeeze out of you. Might end up getting the horrible end of the deal."

That made Chloe snort with laughter. Unlike any ladies he might have met at a gala, the Corellian had a very healthy appetite. As seen as she gave him a grateful smile for her bowl and food. A small word of thanks for the meal came next. It was every bit a part of her as anything else. Most folk didn't get it, but it was as much as part of her Faith as any creed to a Jedi one supposed.

Flashing Judah a smile after, the blonde ran her fingers through her hair to push the thick mass of waves to the side. "Oh? So this is just to hook me into staying so that you'll work me to the bone?" her eyes were alight with a good humoring tease, a slight wagging of her brows to reflect more of it.

"Well, reckon as long as i get my two hot meals a day it ain't so bad." she added, waving her clean fork around before she dug into her potroast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom