Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

United Jedi Cluster-Mind [Force Meld Training]

Objective: Teach Melding basics

Click

Click

Click
Three steps.

She emerged from the darkness, with a spotlight waiting on the other side. The wall of light separating the center of the training room was evident enough, but she phased through it pretty quickly as her path led her towards it.

"Alright." she mused just as the clicking of her boots sizzled out towards the end, her path remained the same with the durasteel plating beneath her soles becoming completely silent as she transitioned. Her last step put her in a square before the group, with a viewport that showed the tip of the vast jungles below just behind her.

A well timed pivot allowed her to turn and face the group.

She dug her hand into her hip, shifting her weight to one side as she casually swayed to her right a bit. Her head casually leaned forward just a bit, making room for her hair to fall as it would over her shoulders and across her chest. "Welcome to Meld Training." She smirked while motioning with her free hand.

"I'm Romi Jade, for those of you I haven't met already. I'm honored to be your instructor today, It might seem like i'm throwing a lot at you sometimes..." She paused before laughing a bit to herself, "That's because I am." She teased. "I like to teach based on experiences and stuff I'v--" She winced in pain, and subsequently started to flex her hand and curl her fingers; it was wrapped in bandages "Stuff I've learned in the field..." she continued.

She'd likely punched someone -- she just got back from dealing with a One Sith Remnant.

"Now, melding is really all about being on the same page. You should always be acting as one, never deviating from one another. If one person is off...it could go down hill, fast."

Scanning the group, it was pretty large. That was a good thing for a lesson like this.

Hmm

"An ability like this can make or break an operation, being able to work well with your fellow Jedi on a more intimate level can be really beneficial when things get tough, trust me." She nodded for the added emphasis. "I'll be honest...this process can be really invasive and awkward at first. Please be sure you're in the right state of mind to undergo this. Any questions for me before we begin?"

"Otherwise lets get to melding..." she smirked.

OOC: Post at your own leisure -- there's no posting order. Hop in wherever/whenever you want. [member="Ura Iolar"] [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Charlie Nooran"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Jasper Candos"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] [member="Thol Amroth"] [member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Ador Horn"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Ashelia"]

A man can change his stars
Quite the change of pace from when I had last seen Romi. Battling Pirates and all. However now, this was supposed to be something more mundane. Meld training. To be honest, I didn't know anything about this Magic that the Jedi called "The Force." At home, the Paladins were given the gift of Magic. The ability to move objects with their mind, and use the Sunfire Swords. Slowly I have been learning that what we called Magic, and Sunfire Swords, were The Force and Lightsabers. Weapons that the Jedi, Sith, and various other people have use for eons. As for how our people called them differently, I was not sure.

Physically shaking my head to myself to rid the past thoughts, I focused upon the lesson being presented to myself, and those in the room. Stating that I was nervous, would have been an understatement. I had never performed any feats of Magic. Nor have I been taught how to use whatever gift I had. Romi had stated I had it. My mother stated I had this gift. People told me that I had whatever gift it was.

I didn't believe them.

Never have I used this gift. Nor have I needed too. I worked on a farm my entire life. I plowed fields, fed pigs, and tended to house work. Slaving all through the springs, and harvest only to sell all the crops and animals we had later in the year. That was our pay out. Whatever this Magic was, I was unsure of my ability to perform. Other Apprentices had spoken highly of my mentor. Romi Jade had a reputation. And for her to take me up under her wing was a blessing.

The stares I would receive even in just the limited time I had been here were of jealousy and envy. I don't doubt them. If I wanted a mentor I would get the best possible. Yet, I felt like my lack of ability was squandered with her. She could easily teach all the other students here how to do this Melding task. Why did she take me? Why did she accept me?

I guess only time would tell.

Accepting the task given before me, I did want to ask one question. Even while feeling stupid for doing so.

"If this process is invasive, how will we know that we have done this correctly?"

[member="Romi Jade"],

Tana was always willing to learn more, always striving to push his knowledge and skill, not slacking, even if his racial heritage did mean he had all the time in the world to learn and progress. Still, that did mean he dove head first into eveything, this new skill which was being taught had him a little more hesitant then usual.

The act of melding, it was a power he had only heard of let alone see it's works and he had decided to try and learn such a power under Jade. Just like the force power he only knew of jade by name and rumors, hearing about her exploits but never seeing them in any form, today would be interesting. Looking around he recognized a few of the students coming along to the lesson, Charlie, Jyoti and Asaraa were among them, Tana walking closest to them as the traveled to their location.

Through it all Tana's mind was in thought, how would the meld feel? was it hard to do? so many question rummaged through his mind before the group came to a stop, the you man standing attentively as Jade explained what they would be doing today. Her words while a little unsettling were at least to the point and easy to understand, when asking for question the stranger whom he did not recognize spoke up, voicing a query he himself had. He let the man ask away before raising a hand, "I too would like to ask if there are any dangers present in this power, could we come to harm if not done right"?

[member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Romi Jade"]

Ura leaned back in her chair, haphazardly shifting her hand into different shapes. Force Melding, not anything any Lervon hadn't done at one point or another. Though, maybe it was more like a Force Bond? She wasn't sure. Natural Force abilities often differed from what was learned. Miraluka seemed to see color and holograms, even if datapads were an issue, so maybe it'd be different. It was interesting the listen to how [member="Romi Jade"] talked about Melding. Talking about it being invasive and awkward. Ura didn't understand why it'd be awkward. Lervon weren't one's to hide anything. Then again, maybe it would be for others. Then Ura heard two of her fellow... well, students who didn't appear to be Padawans, ask how to know if it was done correctly, and the Lervon's glowing eyes seemed to roll at the question before she gave a monotone answer, though everyone could probably sense her confidence.

"It natural for my species, and the only danger I can thing of is having no thoughts or secrets to yourself during it. So maybe avoid Melding with a... I think you call it a crush?"

[member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Kaleleon Seleare"]

Kat had her hair cascading down her left shoulder as she stroked it slowly, brushing her hair with her fingers. It was another class on the Force, Kat wasn't sure how she felt, it was hard to use the Force but important if she ever wanted to be an actual Jedi. She was also concerned about the invasive consequences of this power. However, she was finding it hard to really find her voice when their teacher was such an alluring woman. Confident and powerful, yet captivating in her beauty. Kat was torn between a crush and feeling jealous that she could never be like that. Inhaling, Kat tried to control her emotions, not wanting to make things awkward for herself or others. There was a time and a place to deal with said feelings and now was not it.

Nodding her head, Kat was glad to hear others thought the same as she did. Someone else mentioned it was find so long as you avoided developing feelings. Great, Kat already had a sort of crush on the instructor so she might as well leave before embarrassing herself. But then, how would she ever face anyone in the room ever again? Rock and a hard place situation. Piping up, "can you stop someone being too invasive? Opening yourself up is fine but I doubt everyone here wants to share their every secret to complete strangers?" Kat wished that there was a way that she didn't have to reveal her feelings, not just because of the crush but there was lots of other emotions she was dealing with concerning other people that she didn't want anyone to know about, especially since it was to do with her family.

[member="Romi Jade"] [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Ura Iolar"]

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
TRANDOSHA
Training Area, Jade's Triumph
[member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] | [member="Tanaski Yumi"] | [member="Ura Iolar"] | [member="Kat Decoria"]​
Standing to one side, on the outer edge of the group, Thol listened as the training session began in earnest.

Dressed in his more traditional Jedi robes, which were dark in color hemmed with some silver highlights like the Order standard, the young Knight watched Master Jade closely. The start of the lesson was a bit theatrical, but who was he to judge? Still, it was obvious the Jedi Master was an attractive humanoid, judging by some of the looks when she arrived. Thol agreed. Still, there was a time and place for those kinds of thoughts, and being about to start training in sharing thoughts was not it.

When the brief introduction was done, Thol looked to his fellow learners. Some seemed calm, while others clearly were concerned, if the questions were anything to go by.

Still, Thol suspected the lesson wouldn't be as successful as everyone assumed. They would be starting at square one, training in an obscenely complicated power, and they were worried about sharing life stories and their deepest darkest secrets? Chances are the group would barely be able to read one anothers thoughts, let alone see into their partner's soul.

"I'm ready to begin," Thol said, as he looked to Romi. "Who am I partnered with, Master Jade?"

That said, Thol was an individual with experience in such things. His ability with psychometry meant the Jedi Knight had more control, sensation and capacity for handling intruding thoughts, feelings or visions. So perhaps the concern from the others was justified, and Thol was simply more prepared to handle such a similar connection as those he had previously had? Either way, one never gained anything by not doing.

This could be very interesting...

Objective: Teach Melding basics​

[/right]
Kaleleon Seleare said:
"If this process is invasive, how will we know that we have done this correctly?"

She shot a quick glance over to Kale, and was excited that he'd joined the discussion. She'd took an automatic liking to him, seeing a lot of herself in his actions and personality -- she was definitely more impulsive and brash as a Padawan but she struggled later on...

Nodding, "When you meld with someone, the conscious mind connects to another and so forth. I can hear what someone hears, feel what they feel, and peer into their thoughts. The link you establish may feel one way to you than it does to someone else. Having someone probe through your mind, albeit non-aggressively, can take some time getting use to. But, you'll know when there's someone in your head, trust me, you'll know." she giggled a bit before glancing over at Tanaski.

"Good follow up question, I--"
Ura Iolar said:
"It natural for my species, and the only danger I can thing of is having no thoughts or secrets to yourself during it. So maybe avoid Melding with a... I think you call it a crush?"

She was taken back at first, was tha--is that a sand person? Her eyes fluttered in rapid succession as she did a double take.

"Haha, I've a story for that but yes, don't meld with your crushes if you don't want them to know." She smirked, "When you meld you're essentially surrendering a part of yourself to something much larger, and if maintained for too long, memories and private or subconscious thoughts can also possibly become shared among the group." She motioned with her hand, a subtle twist of her waist allowed her to address another portion of the group on the opposite side. "That's why you don't see people doing this all the time and for extended periods...otherwise Jedi would be linked up indefinitely possibly." she started to pace.

"That's usually the only thing people get so worried about when it comes to melding -- their secrets spilling out." She teased.

"But...that's likely the least of your worries. When there's a discord of purpose, and everyone is scatterbrained you run the risk of possibly dulling your entire groups senses. There's also fluctuations in the fabric of the Force itself that can occur that...could cause you to lose your mind. As good as it sounds...you have to practice the same amount of responsibility if not more when something so fragile as the mind is involved."
Thol Amroth said:
"I'm ready to begin," Thol said, as he looked to Romi. "Who am I partnered with, Master Jade?"

Her head whipped around --- An Amroth huh?

She habitually tilted her head forward, presenting him with a challenging smile "Me..." then she took it to the room, "All of you will be partnered with me...the best way to get you started, is to just throw you in. Everyone think of the color Red..."

A test.

OOC: Post at your own leisure -- there's no posting order. Hop in wherever/whenever you want. [member="Ura Iolar"] [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Charlie Nooran"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Jasper Candos"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] [member="Thol Amroth"] [member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Ador Horn"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Ashelia"]

Ashelia
Post 1
[member="Romi Jade"] [member="Thol Amroth"] [member="Ura Iolar"] [member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Kaleleon Seleare"]

As the first round of questions were asked and answered, Ashelia listened in silence as the trainees expressed their anxieties about the process. However, the tiny Initiate felt no sympathy for them. She could not help but feel a bit frustrated about the questions being asked. For one, no one ever learned mental powers without subjecting themselves to a mental probing of some kind from someone far more powerful than themselves. In that context, how else would a teacher of such powers assess what their student was doing wrong if they were unable to establish an intimate link into the minds of their students? The Elzeri didn’t want to say it aloud, but for her, nothing ever worth doing was easy. These people, had been gifted at birth with powers and abilities that she had been forced to sacrifice her soul for. Everything that they needed to become the best versions of themselves had simply fallen into their laps like a trust fund for the child of a Coruscanti noble. Not only did they not fully appreciate the gift that had been so graciously bestowed upon them by pure chance, but also, many of them had not even wanted it in the first place! Even after obtaining her powers and pushing herself through so much to get them, Ashelia still felt envy for them.

It was no wonder that they so easily cowered at the prospect of doing something mildly distasteful.

In spite of her jealousy, Ashelia realized that she needed to exert control over her emotions if she was to manifest her power. With a deep intake of air, she closed her eyes and focused her senses only on the Unifying Force. She locked in on her deep-seated resentment at the fact that she had been forced to sacrifice so much in exchange for the ability to feel and manipulate the Force, before visualizing within her mental space that emotion compressing itself into a small box.

Then, Ashelia opened her eyes once again and focused her chromatic gaze onto the pulchritudinous features of the Master. She closed her eyes once again to visualize the intelligences within the room through the Force. Ashelia felt prepared to give a part of herself to the Meld, though she did not feel it developing through the currents of the Force flowing within the room just yet. Even so, in adherence to the Master’s direction, Ashelia formed a representation of the color red within her mind...

[member="Romi Jade"] @Ashelia @Thol Amroth [member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Ura Iolar"] [member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Kaleleon Seleare"]

Jasper was part of the group of students that were there to learn force meld. An skill that worried him a great deal. He didn't like the thought of someone going into his mind and finding out ANY information about him. He wanted to learn the skill however just in case someone would try the technique on him so he could see it happen and defend against it. Despite this, he wasn't looking forward to this class compared to the other classes he was involved in and a part of him was dreading the moment when he would have use it in this class but in the end decided that it would be better if someone who was aligned with the light side of the force connect with his mind than say...a stranger or worse a sith lord.

He stayed silent when questions where asked. He didn't asked one himself due to the distress that he was enduring due to the aforementioned force meld and what it could do to him in the wrong hands of someone. However, he was able to listen to some of question that people were asking and was thankful that some of these questions were asked. It give him a good feeling that some of the people here had similar mindsets than him.

Once he heard Master Jade tell everyone to think of the color red. He quickly put two and two together and raise his hands and asked to Master Romi Jade,"Is there a chance his force skill will allow someone to gain information into one mind and thoughts?"

Tana nodded lightly as each question was answered bit by bit, though he did have to wonder about the sand person, would the melding actually work with him? Personally little was known about the sand being in the order, tana have little interaction with him, only seeing the person on occasion and word passed around by others. As Jade continued to talk Tana's eyes glanced around again, catching sight of a new but known face, [member="Ashelia"], a small grin forming on his face, a hand reaching for his hair, letting it hang lose like his sister.

Quietly he sneaked behind Elzeri giving himself a small throat testing cough, poking her in the shoulder, "Hello there Ash, how have you been lately? looking to learn mind melding". His voice perfectly mimicking his sister, along with a similar expression she usually wore. It would be funny to see how long he could hold up the act for, either until the group started or the Padawan saw through the trick.

Through it all Tana still kept some attention on Jade as she explained some more, revealing to the class how the exercise would go, at least that would make things easier.

[member="Jasper Candos"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Thol Amroth"] [member="Kat Decoria"]

My question was honestly stupid. Of course we would know if a connection was made. More so, I was curious on what the sensation would be if the connection was completed. One individual who looked like an personified pile of sand spoke up. Mentioning how they had done it often, and they would recommend not doing it with a crush. I could assume this "Crush" was a coined term for a love interest or someone who you yearned for. While I didn't have anyone to yearn for, it was a funny aspect of having to share ideas and one's mind with someone. What it would be like.

Others asked their own questions. Specifically one that was essentially asking the same questions as others. I rolled my eyes. Wasn't that just answered? Either way, What surprised me most, was that Romi had come out and asked for us to all Meld with her. I was confused for a moment. Was meld only supposed to be used between two people? However, I guess that was false. If it could be used between many people's minds, then what could transpire is an almost Hive mind aspect. Which was cool in theory, but could also be dangerous. If someone in the connection died, then everyone would feel that death as well.

Shaking my head to rid the thoughts, I did as my mentor asked. Focusing upon the color of red. Mostly, I looked down into my hand. Closing my eyes just to think and imagine the color. Attempting to describe red without using the word red itself. Maybe this would be easier to do with a Meld. Were multiple minds focused upon the same subject.

However... Nothing.

I made no connection. Just standing there, alone in my thoughts about the color Red.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"], [member="Jasper Candos"], [member="Ashelia"], [member="Romi Jade"], [member="Thol Amroth"], [member="Kat Decoria"], [member="Ura Iolar"],

Ura listened carefully to [member="Romi Jade"] as she explained that they would be Melding with her. Everyone. The Lervon seemed to be happy at the idea, her joy stretching out in the Force, and quickly began to follow her instruction. Think of something red? Ura began to focus. Thinking of her fighter's red markings, and shoe that her pet waterdog, Ger'Off, had eaten one time. He managed to get it somehow, and all that was left was the toe tip of a red shoe. It still confused the Lervon to this day. Either way, she kept he focus on the Meld, and the easy for her part of willing sharing part of herself.

(OOC: If anyone wants to volunteer as the person who's shoe got eaten, go ahead.)

[member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Jasper Candos"] [member="Ashelia"] [member="Thol Amroth"] [member="Kat Decoria"]

Ashelia
Post 2
[member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Romi Jade"]

With her eyes closed, Ashelia attempted to maintain her focus on the color to the best of her abilities. However, even with her newfound abilities in the Force, she could not simply ignore the familiar and cheerful feminine voice within her long and pointed ears. The diminutive Initiate would have been happy to speak with Sukai at any other time, but when she was trying to focus in class, Ashelia could not help but to feel a surge of annoyance overcome her. The Initiate’s cute features twisted into an expression of indignation when she turned around to face the young Atrisian woman. She noticed that Sukai no longer had the familiar scar across her left eye and that her features seemed somewhat more angular, but within the haze of her anger from being so rudely distracted from the lesson, Ashelia did not particularly care about such trivial details.

“Ugh, stop it, Sukai!” Ashelia pouted, not caring about the fact that she might have made a scene. “Master, she’s distracting me!” The Elzeri turned to the elegantly-featured Master and pointed accusingly to Sukai like a preschooler self-righteously tattling on a peer. Why can’t people just leave me alone when I’m trying to learn? Ashelia thought to herself as she rolled her eyes at Sukai.

It was a misconception that those who rose to the rank of Master knew everything there was to know. Jedi Masters were expected to understand the inner nuances of the Force, Force Push a rancor across a spaceport with a thought, and slap down an entire opposing army with a single slice of their lightsaber. Now, all of those were possible in theory. They were rarely all accomplished by the same Jedi however.

Audren was a comparatively young Master. Though he had his share of experience, he was of the opinion that one should never stop learning. When he'd heard of the opportunity to learn about the infamous Jedi mind meld he followed up on it. Thus he'd ended up in the training area of a ship on Corellia, listening to one Romi Jade explain some of the benefits and problems with the meld. And after her opening remarks the questions and comments of some of the others present. Of some slight concern was not having any secrets during the meld...he'd simply have to not think about business matters. And the somewhat amusing concept of melding with a crush. Awkward wouldn't begin to cover it.

A couple of thoughts occurred to him as the class was asked to focus on the color red. Most notable among them was whether the Meld needed to have a...coordinator, maybe? Someone to gather the disparate wills - the potentials and weave them together into one. Other thoughts included how small or large the groups needed to be, whether this would allow others to actively probe each others' minds or whether it was more 'as the thoughts occurred', and the extent of the shared thoughts across the group if the meld was performed too long. Not much of note, answers would no doubt be forthcoming as time went on.

With a slightly bemused expression, Audren opened himself to the Force and turned his mind to the color red. The color could bring up memories but he didn't allow it, instead keeping just the flat color on the surface of his thoughts with nothing else present. Doing so was itself a simple form of meditation, one that allowed him to keep his eyes open and focused on Jade even as he ignored the byplay between other attendees.

[member="Romi Jade"]​

There were a few esoteric powers that you heard about during the course of your life as a Jedi, abilities such as Battle Meditation, Force Light and Fold Space. Yet there were few powers that were as storied, as attractive as the Battle Meld, the ability to forge a disparate group of Jedi into a single effective combat unit. Since she'd found out about the lesson being offered Asaraa had almost been bouncing off the walls with excitement and anticipation till she knew she'd been driving everyone crazy. It was just...well new and exciting and...she wasn't a 5 year old in a candy shop, she just felt like it sometimes.

Still, she was trying very hard to control herself and not to bounce of the walls as she watched Master Jade interacting with the other students, alleviating their concerns and preparing everyone for the lesson from her habitual position leaned up against a wall. It was a bad habit of hers, but she'd always preferred to start a lesson at the edge before slipping into the group and joining in. This one though...there wasn't much choice but to join in and hope no-one stumbled across any embarrassing secrets, or perhaps secrets that were a little more than embarrassing. A wry smile tugged up her lips as she glanced around the room, everyone had skeletons, she was no exemption to that rule. Still if you didn't think about it then...she was thinking about it now. A sigh slipped from her lips as she folded her legs, sinking to the ground as she sought to throw out her mind, not to focus on anything here but instead on red. Red of blood, of a crimson lightsaber...no red like a sunset of of her window on Kashyyyk, of that pair of shoes, one of which had inextricably gone missing. That was a good red to focus on, she never had found that shoe.

Class was definitely beginning to fill up with people which was exciting. Kat looked around and then listened to what Master Romi had to say, groaning to herself when she mentioned that a crush would be able to sense that, however when Master Romi stated that they would all be taking part as one group, Kat let out a quick sigh of relief. At least it would be impossible for the Master to know which of them had the crush. Instead of stressing, Kat now had to task of picturing the colour red. Just breath and picture red, how hard could that be?

Well it seemed it was near impossible since Kat could only picture every colour but red! Green, blue, yellow, purple, anything but red! How was this possible, how could she picture orange but not red! Kat shook her head, this class was going to be a disaster. Focusing her mind, she thought of things that were red, which started to work till her mind went to Eshan, to the red blood she saw there. So much, it was everywhere. Her mind was flooded with images of that red blood that stained walls and floors and families.

[member="Romi Jade"]

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
TRANDOSHA
Training Area, Jade's Triumph
[member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] | [member="Tanaski Yumi"] | [member="Ura Iolar"] | [member="Kat Decoria"]​
It looked like things were going to happen quickly. No dipping the proverbial toe into the water, just a case of jump right in. That kind of suited Thol just fine, especially since he was here to learn as quickly as possible, to better allow him to perform duties as a Silver Shadow. Whether he had time to consider thoughts about the situation or not, Master Jade was ready to begin, so any hesitation or concern dissipated and the young Knight accepted the lesson would simply begin.

For better or worse.

When given the command to think of the color red, Thol did just that. He pictured an endless sea of it, red from horizon to horizon, as his imaginary self stood in the center of the never ending world of red. He supposed having a common thought would allow easier connections, allowing Master Jade to seek out those she intended to connect with easier than random thoughts. An interesting, if simple method, should it be true; though Thol did wonder at the possibilities of enemies being made aware of such an instance...

Could a Sith read the minds of a group thinking about a wampa, and be able to take advantage?

Red. Right, red. Focus on red.

The reaction from the dark skinned women was not what he expected, Sukai was right when she had described the girls personality, mabye his normal route of teasing would have to change up, but for now it was worth the laugh. Tana gave a small chuckle, knowing that his little stunt had worked, seemed to go even better since the women was kind of annoyed, the seed was set for a funny misunderstanding later. Not doubt elder sister would want to get revenge in some manner, locking the doors for the next few nights would be required. Moving back he took a seat on the ground, crossing his legs and noting Jades words once more, slowly closing his eyes and meditating, calming and focusing on 'red'.

Having to guess he assumed Jade wanted everyone to be in a similar mind set before the melding started, his mind filling with the colour, the word, red, like blood... okay to far. He imagined a clam endless body of water, red like it was reflecting the sun, the sky being the same shade, casing a void of red all over, hopefully it would work.

[member="Romi Jade"]

Objective: Teach Melding basics

Ashelia said:
“Ugh, stop it, Sukai!” Ashelia pouted, not caring about the fact that she might have made a scene. “Master, she’s distracting me!” The Elzeri turned to the elegantly-featured Master and pointed accusingly to Sukai like a preschooler self-righteously tattling on a peer. Why can’t people just leave me alone when I’m trying to learn? Ashelia thought to herself as she rolled her eyes at Sukai.
She whipped around, sourcing out the sense of conflict that provoked screaming. Leaning in, she casually folded her arms into one another. "We've got discord already huh?" she smirked. "Let's try not to provoke or distract one another. Please?" she asked, emphasizing with the slick motion of her eyebrow rising. She nodded, almost as signal for everyone to get back to the lesson at hand.​
"Melding sounds like a deeply complicated and spiritual topic, whereas in fact, it's an application of a very instinctual process that is rather common and manageable. Telepathic communication is a process that is just as much a state of evolution than it is an ability you've been taught to harness via your training -- some species have developed it naturally, and those who haven't have been subject to feelings every now and then, where they just know things. Every single piece of consciousness in the universe operates on energy that vibrates at varying levels. As Force-sensitives beings...we're more adept at tapping into this energy, or these vibrations."
She paced back and forth while the others began to align their thoughts with the color red and whatever images were produced by such a thought process. "When you manage to pinpoint or tap into a specific person or situation along the wave of vibrations -- you're able to communicate with them and transfer information back and forth. That, is how intuition works. So everyone in this room should be able to grasp this ability, it doesn't require any grandiose strength or ability through the Force -- you've just got to tap into yourself."
She stopped, scanning the room. At this point it seemed like everyone had found their thought pattern. Romi stretched her awareness, guiding the sphere-like perception using two fingers that gently dug into the surface of her temple. She'd done this enough, and under much more stressful situations to know how to connect with the vibrational energies that surrounded sentients. Making sure everyone was comfortable with her presence would be the task -- they'd all feel a tingling sensations as the base of their minds. Something distinctly not of themselves but not aggressive nor evil.​
She'd brought them all under her shroud. It was fairly easier for this session, as the vibrational node of each attendee all centered on thoughts of the color red. That was the thought pattern that allowed her to locate each of them quickly and effectively. And since she was the coordinator and they were well within the proximity of each other, formulating speech wouldn't be hard for them at this level by any means.​
"Can you hear me..." her voice would resonate in their minds​
**Meld talk is Blue (if you can change the color, if not don't worry about it.)
[member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Thol Amroth"] [member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Ashelia"] [member="Ura Iolar"] [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Jasper Candos"]

All of this talk. Many of the apprentices were wondering, asking the same questions, and even quarreling like children. While I could hear it, I paid no mind. Doing as my mentor asked of me. Attempting to center myself. Attempting to bring myself to my core, and to show Master Romi, that I could do what she asked. I had shown no promise so far. Merely following her as a Shadow. I had all of my purposes to show her that I belonged. Physically shaking my head, attempting to remove all other thoughts, I honed in on Red.

The color of shades with a sunset. The sheen of wet fruit. A gloss of painted speeders. The glow from such colored lightsabers. The striking color known to insight rage, passion, lust, and many more. It is not just the color that I was to look, or remember about, it was what I had to focus on. However, it was proving more difficult. It was like trying to describe a color, without naming the color itself.

However, I did as she asked. Even after hearing her own voice aiding me, I focused and brought myself to only.. red.

Red....

Red....

Red....

Once more.... nothing.

[member="Romi Jade"], [member="Tanaski Yumi"], [member="Thol Amroth"], [member="Kat Decoria"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Ashelia"], [member="Ura Iolar"], [member="Jasper Candos"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom