Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private United Across The Stars

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Tag: Joran Olan Joran Olan

<Please, send him up.>

Valery had given the signal to the Temple Guards to send up the new arrival. Joran Olan Joran Olan had requested a meeting — she knew of his project to establish another enclave in another part of the Galaxy, so she was curious to hear more about it. Hopefully, so communication between this new Enclave and Coruscant went smoothly. It'd help in times of war, and it'd allow Jedi easy travels between various Temples connected to the New Jedi Order, but separate in how they chose to teach or assign Jedi with various tasks.

The Jedi would be united, even spread across the stars.

Turning away from the large window, Valery looked at the floor where the turbolift would be coming up. She could already feel his presence, and awaited his arrival with a kind smile resting on her lips.

She was excited for this meeting.

VVVDHjr.png

UNITED ACROSS THE STARS
VVVDHjr.png

Joran was nervous about this meeting, though he did his best to prevent it from being seen, or sensed, through the Force. All the work that had been put into his project so far, all the trials and tribulations, and somehow this simple meeting was proving to be one of the more difficult things for Joran to accomplish. When he received permission from the Temple Guards to proceed, he smoothed down his white robes, and made the ascent to meet with Valery Noble, the Grandmaster of the New Jedi Order. The title alone commanded respect.

When the turbolift doors opened, Joran stepped across the threshold. Locking eyes with Valery briefly, Joran dipped his head in a respectful bow, one arm laying casually across his chest in the gesture. "
Master Noble, it pleases me to see you. I thank you for taking the time to speak with me about the matter I mentioned."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png

"Master Olan," Valery began as the man exited the turbolift. She dipped her own upper body into a respectful bow, and smiled after she rose back up. It was always an interesting thing, meeting someone in person after only a few brief interactions via comms. To hear someone's voice, to see someone's face and feel their presence — it added something that couldn't be reproduced, even with a holo-call.

"I trust your journey here went well?" She then asked, as she stepped closer for a better look at him.

"I'm quite curious about your cause as well. Starting a new Enclave is no easy task, but you seem quite committed. I respect that a lot."

VVVDHjr.png

UNITED ACROSS THE STARS
VVVDHjr.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Joran nodded his head, turning his body to more fully face the Grandmaster. "Indeed, Master Noble," Joran said, "I may not enjoy space travel, but it affords one a great chance to meditate." The pleasentries seemingly taken care of, the discussion turned towards the matter at hand, and the thing that Joran had been debating how to broach since his arrival on Coruscant.

"
I believe the Outer Rim is in need of the kind of aid an Enclave can provide," Joran said, folding his hands behind his back. "Eadu is at a key point to help much of the Scar Worlds region, and will give students a chance to ground themselves in the more simple aspects of the Jedi. To heal the sick, to aid those in need, and to defend the innocent. It will also be a good location for Jedi to travel to get away from it all, and focus on their own personal development, and a secluded location where, if the galaxy progresses as I fear, we can take our wounded to be cared for in secret."

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png

"I'm glad you made the most of it." She smiled and allowed the conversation to shift away from pleasantries after that. They both were busy people, and the topic at hand was actually an interesting one. New Enclaves weren't made every day, but Valery had a lot of experience with it. From rebuilding the temples on Ilum, New Cov and Spintir, to having run a separate Enclave during the days of the Old Republic.

Now, she was at the forefront of the entire Jedi Order.

"That all sounds lovely, Master Olan. My only concern is its distance from Alliance space," Valery said. "We have other remote Temples but usually they aren't staffed and they serve as outposts in case a Jedi does venture out that far. So, if a threat were to appear there, nobody is at risk. This Temple will offer training, so I assume young Jedi will be there, too?" She let the question linger for a short moment before she continued.

"Mandalorian Enclave territory isn't too far away from Eadu. How will you keep the Jedi there safe?"

VVVDHjr.png

UNITED ACROSS THE STARS
VVVDHjr.png

It was a concern that Joran himself had considered many times. He was not a man inclined towards violence. He would defend himself and others if the need called for it, but he did not seek it out. The threat's of the Outer Rim were many, the Mandalorians just one of them. Rampant piracy, an Imperial power that, as of this time, Joran was uncertain what the Jedi response as a whole would be. So many threats, so many dangers, and yet that was the very reason he felt so determined to establish this new Enclave. That region of space was isolated, but that did not mean it did not deserve the same protection and attention from Jedi that the core did.

"
I do not take the threats lightly, Grandmaster," Joran said, a frown quirking at the edge of his mouth as he thought. "but I do intend to establish the Enclave as a permanently staffed location. I will be the first among those that call the Enclave their home; I will not ask others to do what I will not myself. As for defenses, I am currently speaking with Galactic Alliance requisition to secure the usage of capital ship grade shield generators to protect the Enclave from the worst dangers. A volunteer force of local from around the Scar Worlds is also being formed to aid in the Enclaves security."

Joran paused then, his thoughts troubled. "
I will not militarize the Enclave, Grandmaster,'" Joran said, "but I will not leave it defenseless. Secrecy in its location, security in its solitude, and the determination of all those that call it their home will be the bastion of defiance that will see the Enclave endure the threats that come our way."

A smile returned to Joran's face as he turned to look at Valery fully. "
I do not take for granted the risk that will come with this effort, but I believe the risk is worth it."

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png

"It seems you've given it much thought, then." Valery offered him a polite smile after he had finished explaining his thought process. Her question had been intended to spark that, just so she could be sure that a realistic approach was being taken. From what she could tell, he was making the necessary preparations "My old Enclave on New Cov is somewhat similar. Hidden away and protected by the world itself. The difference is that we don't usually have Jedi there, unless they happen to be in the area."

"But... I have a good feeling about your Enclave, Master Olan."

Another place for Jedi to stay far out there wouldn't ever hurt either. Now, Jedi had to make long journeys aboard ships with very few safe stops along the way in that region.

This could change a lot.

"For what it's worth, you have my blessing to make the Temple. Please remain in close contact, of course. Given the location, I think it would be wise for us to exchange intelligence. Should a threat ever come your way, you'll have time to prepare or evacuate, them."

VVVDHjr.png

UNITED ACROSS THE STARS
VVVDHjr.png

"Of course, Grandmaster," Joran said, bowing his head. "The Enclave of New Cov is an inspiration in many ways, as is the Jakku Enclave." Joran glanced out one of the nearby windows, watching as a starfighter, likely flown by a member of the New Jedi Order, flew by. Turning back to Valery, Joran withdrew a small datapad from the folds of his robe, opening a specific file and handing it to the Jedi Grandmaster.

"
Another matter I have thought on," he said, "is the creation of a new system for transportation to all of our Enclaves across the galaxy, the Destiny Class of starships. Each one will be a mobile Praxeum and temple in their own right, with a dedicated crew. They will be set on regular courses across Galactic Alliance space, visiting the Enclaves and outposts at regular intervals. They can be further seconded to the Alliance as mobile hospital or refugee ships, and will be equipped with some of the best medical equipment and staff that can be found."

Joran paused, before finishing his train of thought. "
These ships would also be deployed to act as our beacons of stability in the Outer Rim and other parts of the galaxy. A world suffering great tragedy and strife could have a Destiny Class arrive in orbit within days or even hours, filled with Jedi and medical personnel. I know this was not the original point of our meeting," Joran said with a smile, "but i figured I would mention it before I departed."

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png

While already satisfied with the outcome of this conversation, Joran had something else he wished to add. He extended a datapad and explained the details of his plan. Valery looked it over thoughtfully with a smile. There clearly wasn't much one could say against the idea. As long as these ships weren't easily detected and attacked, and as long as funding wasn't a terrible issue, they would most definitely be succesful.

But there were definitely things to consider.

"It's a wonderful plan. I suggest talking to my fellow Council Members about it. Especially Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el and Amani Serys Amani Serys ," Valery said with a dip of her head. "The Chief Healer will be able to help set up any medical facilities, and Knight Kai'el focuses a lot of his duties on helping planets struck by conflict." It would also be a chance for Joran to meet other members of the Council, which given his plans, wouldn't be a bad idea.

VVVDHjr.png

UNITED ACROSS THE STARS
VVVDHjr.png

Joran nodded his head at Valery's words, bowing his head in acknowledgment as well. "
I know of Amani, though have at this time not met her. As for Jasper, his reputation proceeds him, and I would be more than pleased to exchange words with him should the opportunity present itself." Both of those members of the Council sounded like kindred spirits to Joran, and their experience in the fields that Joran wished the Eadu Enclave to be known for would be invaluable.

"
I do not wish to hold your time forever, Grandmaster," Joran said, bowing his head once more. "I shall look to reaching out to those you have mentioned, and with your blessing, I shall begin my preparations to return to Eadu."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom