Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Uninvited training partner

Somewhere on the outskirts of the planet Kirima, Aurel set up its camp. Despite the unusually cold and inclement weather, she decided to do her training. After many hours of struggling, concetrating and tuning in with Force, she climbed the highest of the rocks in the area.

"Calm and anger." - she repeated, kneeling on the slope, indulging in meditation. Visions of the future and events of the past traveled through her thoughts. Immersed in her thoughts, she fully disconnected herself from the world around her. Only the sound of the wind and the sounds of her droid scanning the area hindered her full concentration. Her lightsaber raised, disassembled and a purple kyber stone illuminated her face. - "Calm and anger."

See with eyes unclouded by hate

WyqnG5p.png

A’Runda had no real reason for wanting to be here. He had been putting off ship maintenance for too long and needed to make something of an emergency stop on the rocky planet. He’s never been to Kirima before but in the short time he spent, it seemed like a rather pretty planet and decided to explore around it some more. His Jawa friend stayed behind on the ship to perform some crucial repairs in the hopes they could leave this place sooner rather than later.

The Tusken took in the natural beauty of the planet. It was frigid but that didn’t really bother him. He was covered head to toe in clothing that was rather well suited for the temperature. A’Runda got a good ways away from his ship, using The Force to assist in his movements as he traversed the rocky landscape. Eventually however he sensed something. Growing up in a rather barren world he was rather sensitive to the Force signatures of others.

He took a brief moment to wonder if it was a good idea to investigate further, before shrugging and rushing off to find whoever it was that he was sensing nearby. Eventually finding himself climbing up a rocky summit just to see who he might run into, and soon enough A’Runda managed to get to the top. Seeing what appeared to be a woman kneeling with her own lightsaber in a meditation. At first A’Rund wouldn’t say anything. Fearing now he was disrupting someone’s tranquil training.

Aurel Reyna Aurel Reyna

While in a meditative trance, deepened in thought, Aurel felt a disturbance. She felt another force user. She knew that she was not the only one using the charms of that planet, but there was something different about them. She sensed neither the light nor the dark side of force but pure force. However, what bothered her more was that the owner of this force was approaching her.

After a short time, she felt that this person was behind her. With a quick and efficient hand movement, she put her lightsaber together and drew it to her right hand. She stood up and turned, assuming a fighting stance while looking directly at the stranger. Unfortunately, from this distance, she was unable to indentify who was standing there. She decided to ask simply - "Who are you?"

A'Runda A'Runda

WyqnG5p.png

Watching the woman get up A’Runda took a step close, his eyes peering through the red lenses of his goggles. Looking down at their more hostile stance. He was not someone who was too well adept at quickly sensing the nature or alignment of an individual. He listened to her question, a simple one.

“I am A’Runda of Tatooine, but I don’t come as a friend or foe. That is up to you.” He replied, fully willing to go along with whichever roll she saw him as. The tusken was really just a passerby and wanted to meet whoever this mystery Force User was. She clearly had some skill in the Force with the moving meditation she was just performing with her lightsaber. A Feat not even he could do, but then again that was the case for many universal Force Abilities for him.

“I apologize if I’m intruding Miss, I suppose my curiosity has gotten the better of me.” A’Runda was rather articulate and a bit polite for a tusken, largely due to spending too much time around protocol droids to help with his literacy. Still now his stance was largely neutral. But he was armed, carried on his back was his double bladed lightsaber and sawed off cycler rifle.

Aurel Reyna Aurel Reyna

After listening to the man, Aurel deactivated her lightsaber and tucked it behind her belt. She adjusted her cloak and replied - "I'm Aurel" - She chuckled without emotion. She sat down on the ground and her droid ran up to her - "And this is BD-11, the explorer droid.". She took a bigger breath and looked at the stranger once more - "Come up, I don't usually receive visitors. What brings you here and how did you find me?".

A'Runda A'Runda

WyqnG5p.png

He looked down at her and nodded, “Nice to meet you, Aurel and BD-11.” She seems now much less defensive even inviting him to sit with her and explain what he’s doing here. Stepping a bit closer to Aurel he sat down on the rocky ground.

“I honestly hadn’t intended to come here to Kirima. My ship just really needed some repairs. As for why I sought you out after arriving, I suppose you could say the Force guided me here as I sensed your energy.” A’Runda explained in a calm manner. Placing his gloved hand down on the ground behind him and leaning back.

“You were meditating earlier weren’t you? Maybe I was led here to help you, or perhaps I’m here for your aid.” There seemed to be a bit of aimlessness to A’Runda and a rather casual demeanor. He had lived as a man very preoccupied with the concerns of fate and destiny. But after seeing how they’d played out years before. He was far more flexible in his approach to things and rolling with the punches. She could be a staunch Jedi or Sith for all he knew, but it didn’t really matter to him either way.

Aurel Reyna Aurel Reyna

Aurel was somewhat taken aback by his companion's aimlessness. She herself always tries to have a plan and be orderly in what she does. However, this did not bother her. The man seemed extremely cultured and, as it were, calm. "I meditate to align myself with the Force, to discover myself and the world around me. To understand the fate of the galaxy and my place in it. Sorry about your ship, unfortunately a terrible mechanic or engineer for me."

"You said you were brought here by the Force, right? But you are not a Jedi, let alone a Sith."
- She added after a while, connecting the facts. Nevertheless, the stranger began to make Aurel more and more curious.

A'Runda A'Runda

WyqnG5p.png

If A’Runda knew what she was thinking he’d probably take some solace in knowing that she viewed him as rather cultured. He was a notably different man then he used to be years ago. He nodded back to her after Aurel expressed some sympathy for being a bit stranded here for the moment.

“I suppose I meant that in a more fig-...um Figurative way.” Even now the Tusken struggled with some words in galactic basics. “I sort of interpreted sensing you here earlier as The Force guiding me here to you while I was in the area.” A’Runda tried to explain some before leaning forwards some as he sat and criss crossed his legs. “And you’re right, I’m definitely not a Sith nor do I really consider myself a Jedi. Although I was once a student to a Warden of the Sky, if only very briefly. I have also had the pleasure of meeting and learning from very many other disciples of the Force.”

The Tusken had the feeling this wasn't quite how Aurel saw her day going. He for one didn't anticipate meeting another Force Adept while on this planet. "What about your allegiances Ms. Aurel? You seem like a young woman, and were doing well with your meditation earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if you've received some formal training from a mentor."

Aurel Reyna Aurel Reyna

Aurel laughed - "No, I myself learned to wield the force and other related techniques. I don't take sides, I believe that there is no good or bad force, light or dark, it just is. I have studied many books, both Jedi and Sith. My mentor is my life. I do not hide I have never met someone like you. You intrigue me." - the girl mused for a moment - "So what are you planning now? Or can I help you in some other way?"

A'Runda A'Runda

WyqnG5p.png

It was very interesting to A’Runda how she seemed to be in a similar position as himself. Largely unschooled in the Force with any official instruction. “That’s very interesting, I can only speak for myself. But the self taught nature of knowledge of usage of The Force has been more so to my detriment than my benefit. The ignorance I’ve endured has nearly made me fall to the darkness more than once.” A’Runda confessed.

The Dark Side was easy, it provided him with answers where it seemed there wasn’t any. It was far more convenient to use passion to strengthen his resolve rather than compassion. Aurel seemed to want to walk the razor edge between he feared this was a great risk but he wouldn’t scold her for it. Although the Tusken was no Jedi, he did consider himself someone who was more aligned to the “Light” as some might put it.

“Personally I’m not planning much for myself these days. Nothing particularly concrete at least. I would love to reconnect more with an old friend of mine. But she walks a very different path than I do.” He personally didn’t see much that she could help him with now. He was also well aware of what his capabilities and limitations are in The Force. “Also I think I can say the feeling is mutual, as you intrigue me too Aurel, despite how we seem to have a number of things in common. It could be that we’re here now to help each other in some way although it still can recognize what that would be.” After saying that A’Runda brought himself up to his feet and leaned down some with an outstretched hand towards Aurel to help her up in a friendly gesture. “Would you care to go for a walk instead? Sitting on the cold ground is freezing my legs." He ask followed by a soft laugh from under his mask.

Aurel Reyna Aurel Reyna

Aurel herself has given in to the temptations of the dark side of Force more than once, but has never fully succumbed to it. She knew she could not be consumed, at least she thought so. She nodded and grabbed the man's hand to get up on her feet. She then called out to her droid, which immediately jumped happily into her back.

"With pleasure, a man from the desert. Forgive me but curiosity is eating me up. I sensed anxiety and probably pain as you spoke of your friend. Will you tell me what exactly is going on?" - She asked sensing that something bad had happened between them. She felt that maybe what the man says that their meeting was no accident could be true. Although she usually tries to deal with problems herself and does not help others, she felt that here she had to do things differently.

A'Runda A'Runda

WyqnG5p.png

A’Runda was a little taken back by her question about his friend. As they began to walk he replied some. “That’s a rather long story I would say, and probably not the most interesting one. Her and I were comrades in a sense, we both worked for the same people years ago. People that had authority over my homeworld. Through some circumstances the two of us became lovers. And a pretty odd couple at that haha.”

His explanation was a bit vague but he wasn’t going to get into all the details about it. Offering only a pretty limited idea of how things were for him back then. “Fate often has a way of interfering with our lives though, and the two of us unfortunately grew distant as various conflicts kept us apart and changed us into different people. We sort of became star crossed lovers.” A’Runda explained as they walked, his head lowering some. “On the positive side neither of us had resentment or bitterness towards one another in our hearts, and have managed to reconcile some since.”

That was pretty much a brief summary of what had happened. He didn’t want to overindulge though in the details and context of the situation with a relative stranger like Aurel. So he hoped that what he did share would satisfy her curiosity for now. But he didn't rule out that it could have the opposite effect too and might make the young woman more curious instead.

Aurel Reyna Aurel Reyna

Aurel felt the man wasn't telling the whole truth, but why should he. They had actually known each other for a few moments. So she decided not to press further and let him keep his secrets.

"Haven't you thought about joining a order of some sort? The galaxy is full of gray Jedi like me. Not everyone walks through life alone. Perhaps this would be the perfect path for you." - she tossed out a suggestion in an attempt to offer some advice for him. - "I myself acutely try to avoid such groups, but who knows what our fate is."

A'Runda A'Runda

WyqnG5p.png

“I have been part of orders before. And in some ways I am still a Warden of the Sky. Almost circling back to that same role. But don’t misjudge me, I’m no stranger to being alone, after all it’s not like the galaxy is teeming with sand people like myself, be they exiled or not. I also have been slowly aligning myself with one of the few primary organizations that have any notable authority in the galaxy.” A’Runda said as the two, or three including the droid, walked along the rocky terrain. Eventually reaching upon a cliff overlooking a rather narrow cannon.

The tusken then looked back down at Aurel through his red lenses and asked her, “What about you Ms. Aurel? Why do you admit to avoiding orders, not taking any side or seemingly even a mentor? I almost get the feeling that it’s a matter of pride for you.” Maybe he was wrong, but he sensed a bit of hubris within the young woman in achieving what she has apparently achieved on her own.

Aurel Reyna Aurel Reyna

Last edited:
Aurel quietly laughed hearing the part about pride. - "My mother, as far as I know, belonged to the Jedi Order, and I inherited a lightsaber from her. However, I am closer to my father, one of the better smugglers. Although I don't feel that I'm a Jedi myself, the Force reassures me otherwise. From an early age, I've been balancing between the two sides. That's why I chose the hermit life of a gray Jedi."

She sighed heavily and then added after a while - "I know it's not ethical or appropriate for a Force user. I was raised on the cold streets of Coruscant and by a smuggler father. Only later did she learn the path of the Force."

A'Runda A'Runda

WyqnG5p.png

He felt as though her response to his question was about as vague as his own earlier about the friend he spoke of. But it did add some extra context for himself to think over. Still though he wasn’t sure about the whole “balancing” of light and dark, Jedi and Sith. He’d been down a similar path before and viewed such an approach as a fool’s gambit that never ended well. At the same time though, he was little more than an ignorant fool himself back in the day.

Glancing at her, A’Runda raised a brow behind his mask over the last thing she said. About having a rather unconventional upbringing. “We can never really choose our background. It’s much less common these days for those adept in The Force to be raised within an order from childhood. I myself was at least in my 20s or nearing them when I started to finally become more accustomed to The Force.” A’Runda explained to let Aurel know that people like that really can and do come from every walk of life. He let out a sigh and looked down. “I was exiled from my clan for my connection to The Force. I lived in fear of turning into a demon like one from legends many generations ago in my homeworld, and in many ways I did. But not in the way I expected.” Like he mentioned before, fate had a funny way of playing out sometimes.

Aurel Reyna Aurel Reyna

Aurel lifted her head up, looking at the stars. After a moment, she laughed - "You are right, the problem is that we live for no one but ourselves. Jedi and Sith alike do not want us, for the Hutts we are only money and the wealthy or politicians, I will not mention anymore. We are glitches in the balance of power, who do not change it. I was born as a nobody and I will die as well, no matter what I do, no one will give me a medal or praise."

She turned her gaze back to the masked man - "I feel sorry for your exile. I'm guessing it must have meant a lot to you albeit maybe that's fate and the Force has a plan for you. You say yourself that you don't particularly believe in coincidences."

A'Runda A'Runda

WyqnG5p.png

A’Runda nodded back to her words. “You’re right, I believe The Force has a grand plan for the galaxy. One so vast and interconnected even the wisest among us couldn’t catch more than a glimpse of it. Also why I don’t view people like you and I as mere glitches. I might only have met you. But I don’t think you’re a nobody, nobody is…”

He tried to explain to her, without wanting to sound preachy, condescending or some know it all. “You’re also right in guessing my exile meant a lot to me. As a young man I was confused and resented The Force for cursing me… In some ways my ego still carries that resentment.” Eying Aurel he recalled how she was meditating before and rather abruptly shifted the conversation some. “Before we crossed paths you were meditating with your lightsaber, correct? Levitating the crystal and parts though Force? It’s a nice talent, if I can have any sort of take away from our meeting today it might be what I’m going to tell you. Those seemingly basic abilities afforded to you by The Force, like telekinesis, never take them for granted. Sometimes those universal powers aren’t so universal.” His words were a little vague but A’Runda was speaking from experience. Even as a Force Adept that has fought alongside and against others of varying skills and capabilities, some of the abilities that were seemingly second nature to many other Force Sensitives had managed to evade him still.

Aurel Reyna Aurel Reyna

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom