Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underrated Star Wars characters

Bail Organa. Fether was there for Order 66, escaped it, personally rescued Yoda and Obi-Wan, raised one of Anakin's children under Palpatine's nose...basically twenty years of successful anti-Imperialism before the Empire caught up with him.

Darron Wraith said:
I believe Darron Wraith and Jacen Cavill are pretty underrated seeing as I had to create them and some great novelist didn't.

:p
I second this greatly.

But if I had to say, It'd be Kit Fisto. Mostly regarding the movies. My favorite Jedi needed much more screen time.

Lira Dajenn

L
Commander Gree. The Brave Clone Commander who heroically attempted to stop the evil jedi master Yoda from escaping Order 66, before being tragically beheaded by that monster.

Someone told me today that Darth Maul could beat Bastila...

Now that's not asinine, but totally unlikely. The only reason he beat Jin was because the movie nerfed him.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Zam Wesell. The chick's got brains. She was just unfortunate to end up dealing with two of the luckiest Jedi ever. Honestly, her assassination attempt should have succeeded. She almost killed both Jedi protectors, who likely weren't even mentioned to her in the job description. Unlike the seriously overrated Boba Fett who only had to deal with the one Skywalker dude and was taken out by a blind Solo.

Funny how Zam's overlooked. She has more screentime and more lines than the Bubster Fett. And her outfit is just as awesome.

Beowoof said:
Zam Wesell. The chick's got brains. She was just unfortunate to end up dealing with two of the luckiest Jedi ever. Honestly, her assassination attempt should have succeeded. She almost killed both Jedi protectors, who likely weren't even mentioned to her in the job description. Unlike the seriously overrated Boba Fett who only had to deal with the one Skywalker dude and was taken out by a blind Solo.

Funny how Zam's overlooked. She has more screentime and more lines than the Bubster Fett. And her outfit is just as awesome.
Bubba would own that bish though :)

Lupe Baracka said:
Someone told me today that Darth Maul could beat Bastila...

Now that's not asinine, but totally unlikely. The only reason he beat Jin was because the movie nerfed him.
...Are we ignoring that Maul had taken on, and beaten, other equal-level masters, and Qui-gon had been fighting in Ataru for about fifteen minutes beforehand. That fight would have been the same even if Qui-gon was at his best.

Beowoof said:

Zam's assassination plan actually struck me as incredibly stupid. Ignoring the fact that Jango hired another assassin to do his job when he could have done it himself, why is Zam using poisonous insects delivered via droid to kill Padme? She obviously knows where Padme is sleeping, and has a sniper rifle. Just snipe her through the window from a distance - or, if you must use the droid, equip it with a blaster or something.

Then, she never once makes use of her shapeshifting skills, which is possibly the most advantageous trait an assassin could have. She runs into the cantina and loses the Jedi, but nstead of using the opportunity to shapeshift and escape (the intelligent option), for some reason she tries to kill Obi-Wan, when her mission was only to kill Padme. As if that wasn't bad enough, she didn't even bother to shapeshift before trying to kill him, and she felt the need to sneak up to within like three feet of him, even though she has a long range projectile weapon. Couldn't she have just shot him from across the bar or something? What are you thinking, Zam? How many people have you actually assassinated before this job?

The Jedi weren't lucky. It's just that Zam Wesell is officially the worst assassin ever.

Oh, and why is her "outfit" praiseworthy? It's officially retarded as hell. She's a shapeshifter... and yet she wears a mask. Why?!

I'm sorry, it's just... Zam is such a stupid character, I can't even take it.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
[member="Ludolf Vaas"] Ah yes, my old friend...
I'm only going to make one reply.

Ludolf Vaas said:
Ignoring the fact that Jango hired another assassin
Sometimes you just need the creds.

Ludolf Vaas said:
why is Zam using poisonous insects delivered via droid to kill Padme? She obviously knows where Padme is sleeping, and has a sniper rifle. Just snipe her through the window from a distance - or, if you must use the droid, equip it with a blaster or something.
Silent. Untraceable. Zam firing at the senator would be on thousands of cameras. Not to mention the thousands of people passing by in speeders. Potential witnesses, eh? And it's a senator's suite... Blastproof glass seems mandatory.
Also, if we can pair a bullet with a gun today, imagine how Star Wars ballistics tests go.

Ludolf Vaas said:
Then, she never once makes use of her shapeshifting skills, which is possibly the most advantageous trait an assassin could have. She runs into the cantina and loses the Jedi, but nstead of using the opportunity to shapeshift and escape (the intelligent option), for some reason she tries to kill Obi-Wan, when her mission was only to kill Padme. As if that wasn't bad enough, she didn't even bother to shapeshift before trying to kill him, and she felt the need to sneak up to within like three feet of him, even though she has a long range projectile weapon. Couldn't she have just shot him from across the bar or something? What are you thinking, Zam? How many people have you actually assassinated before this job?
I don't know... Something about changing forms in public sounds creepy weird and I can imagine it drawing attention from the club patrons? Unholstering your gun prematurely might also cause a stir, eh? (And before you say that her armor would naturally draw attention... We're talking Star Wars, which has a lot of crazy fashion. And with its Western themes, shady types like that aren't unusual.)
Also, maybe she wasn't going to fire? If you're up against two Jedi, holding one hostage might be ideal if you're hoping to make it out.

Ludolf Vaas said:
Oh, and why is her "outfit" praiseworthy? It's officially retarded as hell. She's a shapeshifter... and yet she wears a mask. Why?!
I don't know... Maybe because it's aesthetically pleasing and has a few bells and whistles? It's very sleek and particularly feminine but also practical. I find the blast-skirt to be a nice touch. As for the mask, you have a point. (I suppose she only has a limited amount of forms and can't treat them as disposable, but that's conjecture.)
I just think her clothing selection is cool, if that's OK with you.
Can't say people like Boba Fett for any other reason than a cool set of armor and a jetpack. Can you imagine all the fans Dengar wouldn't have if he happened to be the Galaxy's Featured Bounty Hunter instead?

Who's your most underrated character?

Beowoof said:
Sometimes you just need the creds.
So you do the job yourself and take all the money, as opposed to having to split the reward with someone? Seems simple enough to me.

Beowoof said:
Silent. Untraceable. Zam firing at the senator would be on thousands of cameras. Not to mention the thousands of people passing by in speeders. Potential witnesses, eh? And it's a senator's suite... Blastproof glass seems mandatory. Also, if we can pair a bullet with a gun today, imagine how Star Wars ballistics tests go.
As if her actual plan was any less traceable. Obi-Wan just had to jump out of a window and grab onto the droid. She would have had a better chance of getting away if she had just sniped from a distance, since there would be no droid for Obi-Wan to chase. And how do you know there were thousands of cameras? Where were they when the droid was breaking in? If there were said cameras pointing directly to Padme's room, why would the Jedi not be making use of them? You're making an awful lot of assumptions here. The only one doing any actual surveillance was R2D2. Also, the glass didn't seem bulletproof since the droid was easily able to cut through it to deposit the insects. Again, if you must use the droid, give it a projectile weapon to simply take her out in her sleep in an instant. Even if they catch the droid, at least the job's been done. They even make silencers for weapons, you know. You could even have the droid self-destruct or something to dispose of the evidence.

And I'm not sure how you would pair the charred remains of a blaster bolt to a specific rifle, since it doesn't leave a shell or a casing behind. I don't know if you're familiar with police work but that's not exactly how "ballistics" works. Even you could, you would need the exact rifle in your possession to make a positive ID. Which they wouldn't have if she simply sniped from a distance and disappeared. How would they catch her in a city filled with quadrillions?

Here's another thing you could do. If you're worried about witnesses, first disguise yourself using your incredibly useful shapeshifting abilities, and then take the shot. Anyone who might on the off chance see you before you escape, will not be able to identify the real you.

Just admit it. I am a better assassin than Zam Wesell.

Beowoof said:
I don't know... Something about changing forms in public sounds creepy weird and I can imagine it drawing attention from the club patrons?
So run into a bathroom or something and shapeshift there to avoid unwanted attention. I mean why not? The Jedi had completely lost her trail. She could have easily gotten away with this.

Beowoof said:
Also, maybe she wasn't going to fire? If you're up against two Jedi, holding one hostage might be ideal if you're hoping to make it out.
Why? Why on earth would she do this?! She had completely shaken the Jedi by that point. Why even bother with them, like at all? All she had to do to make it out... was to literally walk out the door.

Also, holding a Jedi hostage at gunpoint just doesn't sound like a very well-thought plan. Since you're a) outnumbered, and b) they have that thing called "The Force" at their disposal.

Beowoof said:
I just think her clothing selection is cool, if that's OK with you. Can't say people like Boba Fett for any other reason than a cool set of armor and a jetpack.
Fair enough. And I agree, people like Boba Fett for silly reasons too.

Beowoof said:
Who's your most underrated character?
I don't know if I necessarily have one. Maybe Tarkin, for the way he basically held Vader by a leash.

"Oh, you have the Force and you're the fulfillment of some centuries-old Space Jesus prophecy? That's super. But let's get one thing straight here; 'round these parts, I'm in charge, queen."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom