Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Under a Scarlett Sun

databank_naboo_01_169_6cd7e1e0.jpeg
Equipment:

Obsidian Lord... Who would have thought? Not long after his promotion he had felt as though he had been slapped in the face, fighting Gerwald had been something he had hoped to come into play a long time ago, it was difficult to think that he had gone toe to toe with the nigh mythical fighter and come out on the other end of it, just being alive was probably a feat in of itself. The fact he had done alright, was nothing short of a Miracle. Despite the Lupine likely holding back as much as he did.

Felix found himself in one of the many Knights Obsidian courtyards, an open field broken up into imaginary sections which allowed Members of the Knights Obsidian to train within the main building which encircled them. The spheres had Knights Spaced out with droids or students making use of the open air to train, talk, watch or otherwise interact with one another in a more social arena.

Felix, with the help of two other knights was attempting to better tune his ability to control his sunlight, using breathing exercises in order to better focus on his Tutaminis, breathing in, and with it absorbing swathes of sunlight from the surrounding area, as it would almost seem like space was bending towards him, in fact it was simply the light surrounding him in a large area focusing towards his skin as he would become a veritable beacon as the two knight gracious enough to train with him would, light-sabers in hand, prepare for what was to come.

The Day would move on, tired, exhausted even by the intense training would have Felix and the other two knights sprawled out in the courtyard, burn marks surrounding the that they were splayed out on. The two knights had red or blackened marks on their bodies from being hit by many of the rays that Felix was attempting to summon. He wasn't able to summon them quickly enough for them to be dangerous to people, he needed to charge them. It was an annoying drawback, one that he needed to be able to bridge. The problem was his skill in tutaminis was far worse than his ability to control light... It was a gap that needed to be bridged.

"That force technique is interesting," One of the knights would exclaim between labored breaths. The other would mimic the sentiment wondering where he learned it from. Felix however would keep his lips sealed on the matter, deciding it was better off not spilling family secrets in the mean time.

"It's something I've been working on since I was a kid, Spend a decade in one of the worse deserts in the galaxy and I'm sure you'll come to learn something similar too." He all but panted, grabbing himself a drink from a nearby bottle as he pulled himself up to a sitting position, sweat beading down his face as his shirt, now recovered and being worn was splayed open and loosely to give his body access to the breeze, needing it off before to allow more skin surface to absorb the sun through.

"Thanks guys, this was really helpful, I'm definitely getting the hand of this, hopefully soon I dont need the breathing technique, but, i'll get there one day." He felt like with his inhales he was drinking the sunlight, the feeling of power that swelled in him was like connecting him to a power outlet. So much destructive power, but also the radiance to bring life to the universe.

And so, sun setting in the distance the three of them would rest, laughing, reminiscing and chatting in one anothers company. It had been a good day for once, one that was needed.

jHiLsO.png

Knight’s Obsidian Courtyard, Naboo
Objective: Trade secrets.
Equipment: Echani Light Armor | Echani Icy Vibroblade |
Tag: [ Felix Aquila Felix Aquila ]

The courtyard was unstructured; an open field with scattered your Knights Obsidian spaced about in some arcane pattern known only the Knights Obsidian. Droids seemed ubiquitous here in the CIS, and the training area was no exception. Some of the Squires and Knights were gathered in groups, others singly; but every one of them had to attend to what the new-minted Obsidian Lord was doing. Light and darkness shattered through the area; the world twisted and warped. Shattering blasts of light prism’ed out from one she watched; or a strange drawing in of shadows, as if the sunlight were swallowed. It made the world bend; distorted like a fever dream or mad hallucination. He became a small sun, blinding those who had just adjusted to the odd absence-of-light. Almost, she expected the Light Sabers being wielded against him to bend and warp, as well. So intense was the light they shaped that the earth was scorched around them by the time the trio sank to the ground.

Slipping down the tower stairs, sought out the three tired Knights. As she moved closer, the damages each had suffered became apparent, the wound to the earth more pronounced. With pausing to think, she called a soothing, damp breeze to soothe tender skin, and small pools of water to cool the scalded earth. What also was apparent was that the Lord Aquila has his only loosely shrouded his body. Perhaps it was the custom, amongst the Knights Obsidian? A very Enchani thing, to fight with little to know Armor. Considering The Lady’s influence here, it was entirely possible she had encouraged such a custom.

As she drew near, the youngest Knight there dared enquire as to the Obsidian Lord’s technique; the evasive answer pleased her, for it meant what she had was of value to him. As the evening sun gilded and danced across her great blade and the light Echani Armor she war, turning her white hair to shades of fire, the Echani noble addressed those gathered.

“I had not realized Light was closely related to the element of Fire.” Her cool, clear voice soothed over them like a spring rain, though she paused at the end, awaking answer. “Lord Aquila, Knights; well met. I am Lady Narissa Jondi of Thyrsus.” A measured nod to the two knights was followed by a deeper dip to the nobleman.

Turning to face the new-minted Obsidian Lord, she asked “If the lesson here is done, may I beg a moment of your time?”

D I S C O V E R
Felix-Template.png

Equipment:
TAG: Narissa Jondi Narissa Jondi

Laying there, exposed, surrendering to the setting sun Felix for once wasn't focusing on expanding his sight as exhaustion drained his usually ironclad alert. Feeling the bizarre sensation of hearing someone before seeing them as they made their approach. The voice that heralded the arrival of the newcomer held within it a similar tone, one that was confident, though not as playful as the Echani voices that he had heard before. Pulling a knee to his chest and wrapping his arms around it, Felix would allow the weight of his lower body to rotate him to a sitting position, his core far too burdened by the breathing techniques to sit up plainly without causing burning pain to surge through his midsection.

At first, his eyes betrayed him, the woman silhouetted by the setting sun, he could see her hair alight with crepuscular luminescence. 'Quinn?' he thought at first, seeing another Echani's slender form before him caused his mind to fill with the mirage of the Echani he was familiar with. Whether it was a fools hope for the familiar face to add to an already good day or the phantom pains of a deeper longing he couldn't tell, but he was dismayed when clarity revealed his best wishes to be little more than the illusions of a tired man.

Disappointment became palpable while the introduction of the woman cast aside any lingering doubts that their might have been, not even a family resemblance to lean on... he really was going crazy. But as she asked for a moment of his time, he would nod in a solemn, wordless manner as the other two knights would simply watch as without so much as a laboured breath he would peel himself from the earth so that he could move out of earshot of the two he had been training with.

He was thinking about her earlier comment, about the relationship between light and fire, "I don't know about a relationship, but any fire is a pale imitation of the sun. Light is just energy in the form of a wave, and fire is one of many things that creates that kind of energy." It was a simple elaboration, but an easy one to make for the most part, finally when they had made their way far enough that they were able to talk more privately. Turning to face her, she'd be able to see the slightly striking alterations within the boy's eyes, curiosity, tiredness and calm wove together in pinks, deep blues and silvers which wove together like rorschach patterns in eternal motion.

"So, how would i be able to help you?"

jHiLsO.png

The movement of the Obsidian Lord spoke of his trust both in his training partners and the security here; she would not willingly drill to that point of weakness save in total isolation. Fading sunlight glinted off of the sculpted chest, shadowed his eyes in mystery. Joy danced upon his face, as if he knew her. Longing for another shaped the curve of his lips and the angle of his chin; she braced against the rejection she knew must follow.

It was not the Echani way to care when looked at with dismay, and if only the Echani were as inhuman as they pretended, it would not matter. So she pretended not to care that he was dismayed and horrified to meet her, and he pretended he wasn’t dismayed. Yet as his disappointment radiated, her bearing simply became more cool and distant.

A relationship built upon lies could do surprisingly well, if both parties knew the rules.

She gave a coolly polite greeting to the two silent knights; why they declined to be introduced could likely be found in the degree of subtle pain in their friend. Determinedly she reminded herself she did not care. She was not one of their number; she was merely being trained here.

They walked to a more desolate area. Perhaps as an apology for his unpardonable lack of enthusiasm in meeting her, he offered an answer to her question. With an act of vast self-control, she answered civilly. “If I understand correctly, then Light … elemental light, has no heat; it is spiritual in nature. Usually represented by moonlight; a silvery radiance. Elemental Fire is embodied in the stars. Yet trying to work with true Sunlight is considered exceedingly difficult and dangerous, is it not?” she slanted a sideways look, both truly curious as to his answer and wondering if he’d be curious how she had learned that odd scarp of knowledge.

When he faced her at last, she nodded slowly, studying the patterning in his exquisite eyes. Sorrow and regret hidden behind calm curiosity and a lingering weariness. He recovered swiftly, this Obsidian Lord.

“I believe we may be able to assist each other. Before I came here, and Lord-Commander Lechner endeavored to undertake my training, I was in desperate search of scraps of knowledge.” Slowly, she pivoted to face him. Assessing that youthful face, that yet claimed a title indicative of so much power.

“I came across two books; one I could decipher the beginning of, one I cannot open at all; it requires the Holocron with them to open. And it will only open to a Disciple of Twilight.”

L E A R N
Felix-Template.png

Equipment:

Felix hadn't expected someone he'd only newly met to question him quite so deeply deeply on the natural and philosophical properties of light. But as he spied her form, and he focused beyond the ephemeral rays that cast her features in pseudo darkness, he would only have to will the shadows away and the phantasmagoria would end. Were he new to the subtleties of the Echani, he probably would have been blind to her hiding the dissatisfied emotional response, he failed to have the insight to truly see through her facade however, unable to determine what it was that sparked it or its revelation. Although, while he could not place a finger on the exact nature of his slight... he knew there was something there.

She was pushing herself to be polite. It was not unlike the automatic responses given by the person in human resources as they slowly descended into internal termoil, pushing to project a smile which donned their face like a porcelain mask. Fake, fragile and insincere. Felix, had thankfully perfected the art of faking sincerity, too many dealings with Rylothian, and Echani nobles to count had made him little more than a master at social interraction. Not to mention people like the Hutts, whom he'd always felt challenged by. He'd always found attempting to fake insincerety was the more grandiose undertaking of the two.

The newcomer would give a spiritual elaboration about the differences between the light that we reflected by the moon, the twinkling yet effervescent cold light of the stars and the blazing Sun. It was equal points poetic, inaccurate and insightful... exactly like a Jedi's text. Felix would run the words over in his mind, computing, not attempting to throw away certain misconceptions, but rather to find the truth that there was in them. Confident as he was, he wasn't about to throw away the understanding of someone else, he was no true master... not in his own mind. Nodding for a moment before making his response.

"The Disciples of Twilight understood the difference between what I now call hot and cold light. The light given off by the moon is cold, its the same light that's given off by Halogen bulbs and synthetic light made by electricity or, ironically even most fire." He would say, still formulating his next responses as he spoke, becoming more confident as he spoke with every passing moment. "Cold light is visible light separated from the complexity of its full wave spectrum, which includes Ultraviolet light, X-Rays and more. Because light isn't just an energy, its a wave. The Disciples knew that, but they liked to hide it through clever use of religious wording and metaphor."

But as truths about the woman before him revealed themselves, the knowledge that this woman was one of the High Marshals' apprentices, that she was in search of knowledge and had a holocron or manual of Felix's own ancestry in his possession, his smile would stretch wide across his maw, warping his contemplative face into one of excitement which would leap into his eyes light supernovas. Shaking his head in an amount of object disbelief, chuckling uncontrolably.

"...You're wasted on Lechner." He'd laugh, almost angry, leading with the bold statement knowing there was little he could do about that now. He doubted she'd want to pry herself from landing a position with the man at the top, a guaranteed position of power and status which would make her a perfectly compitent knight by the end of her apprenticeship. "We'll, you're looking at the only living and practicing member of the Disciples of Twilight... So, How would you like to go about this?" Felix hoped that he would be able to learn from these manuals, to add them to his own collection, purchase or otherwise obtain them so that more could be passed down to his own apprentices.

As well as be the first in thousands of years to truly master their techniques.

jHiLsO.png

Cold, poised distance softened to merely politely cool as the Obsidian Lord illuminated his thoughts and studies on the nature of light. Were all the different forms of light merely slices or portions of one vast spectrum as the scientists so earnestly believed? Silvery eyes narrowed in thought, glinting like the star light just emerging from twilight’s grasp. Her expression flickered for a moment, a hint of humor at the young Obsidian Lord dismissing thousands of years of teaching as old men seeking to hoard power. “Were the elders obscuring scientific truth, or trying to illuminate a deeper spiritual one? Or perhaps simply throwing up obstacles so that you had to achieve true understanding to use the power, rather than following rules by rote. Rather like the difference between a training kata and a sparing match.” There was neither heat nor mockery in her comments; a whispered wonder, as she contemplated the mind-set of those who had gone before. “It is entirely possible you are wholly correct, of course.” An elegant hug, and her mind left the puzzl of who had written, to focus upon his lesson.

“To my senses, Sunlight, Fire - hot light, as you say, engenders life but does not encompass it. Moonlight, starlight both carry the feel of life itself, akin to the bioluminescence of the oceans and seas. A … living thing, and so more easily influenced or summoned.” A thoughtful pause, as she ordered her thoughts before continuing to follow the logic he’d laid out, aligned with her own experiences. “Is life existent in the hot light, only obscured by the frequency of the wave? Thus cool light is ‘slow’ enough for me to grasp the life-energy?”

A brilliant smile was bestowed upon her, and fire leapt into his eyes as he heard what she possessed. Yet the satisfaction and eagerness in his gaze snapped to a simmering hostility bordering upon anger with a swiftness that astonished her. Gaze settled upon her as he asserted she was wasted upon the Lord Commander.

By not so much as eyelid flicker or a muscle stiffening, did Narissa reveal how much that comment concerned her. Had she stumbled upon one of those hidden, secret political rivalries that could do harm to one or the other? Would he be inclined to sabotage one or the other of them? No other clue was given to her, nor did he say why he felt she was wasted. Yet … where else would she find someone who could unlock what she needed?

“I seek knowledge, Lord Aquila. Knowledge and power. For access to the tomes and Holocron, I wish to learn as you do. I feel that the secrets to the ancient Echani techniques which allowed us to blend light around us, to enhance our personal shields and expand them, and to even hide secrets and members in crystals all lies with understanding these principles.” she paused, letting him fear for a moment she meant to keep from him his heritage. How else to have hope he’d consent to her second, higher price.

“You are a wealthy and powerful man, my lord. I am a refugee here. So make me an offer, and if you wish to keep them,”

L E A R N
Felix-Template.png

Equipment:

Felix would smile, shrugging honestly, he knew that his ancestors which hailed from the ancient sect formed on Dyspeth could have focused on some inner spiritual significance on the gas giants which exploded eternally for billions of years. Felix couldn't help but think that if there was something spiritually significant with the sun, the closer they got to one they would be able to sense its presence in the force much like some form of nexus. The force was a great and powerful thing, but it wasn't the only mover and shaker in the Galaxy.

"Who knows? Dyspethi mystics were already strange, they'd already left the Jedi order because they wanted nothing to do with their wars and conflicts, so who can say? Maybe they found some deep inner truth of the force within the sun and stars? Or perhaps its a metaphor for something else, or they wanted to keep their secrets hidden from dark practitioners who would use their arts for destruction."

Felix had begun to think about the implications of this ability should it ever come to the hands of someone aligned with the dark side. There was something, colossal within the heart of that thought, fathomless, the power to hold a supernova or a limitless anitiphoton void within the palm of your hand lent itself to terrifying destructive potential. Felix had never thought to explore these possibilities, they were far too dangerous, and he hadn't mastered tutaminus yet. But, he couldn't help but let out an uncontrolled laugh at her ultimate goals, something about them seemed so serious, yet, if it were almost anyone else they would have assuredly raised red flags... something told him that she hadn't meant them in quite the way they were said.

"Knowledge and power eh?" He'd begin, controlling his urge to not criticize or belittle the intention. "Not, usually the go-to goal if you want to convince a person of your purity and deservedness of either. But I feel the need to correct you, the techniques harboured within the holocron you wish to open hail fro Dyspeth, not Eshan however they traveled far and wide." He was nit-picking again, he knew it, and he had a feeling that the woman that he was with knew it as well. But as the two of them approached the edge of the mutual training area.

"But if you'd like to learn what I can do, the way I do it, you'll need to come with me to my Compound back on Ryloth, everything that i've accumulated is there, and the sun there is perfect. I hope Gerwald is alright with me stealing you for a couple of weeks." He'd snicker, kindof liking the idea of getting back at the lupine creature for what he put him through at his reaving. He stull hurt a little because of how that day ended.

But it seemed, today had gotten interesting.
jHiLsO.png

A soft sigh whispered forth, when he spoke of how unusual his ancestors were. Of their hunt for knowledge and mystery, not mere power. A wry smile graced her lips. "I can understand their desire for peace and family; even for safeguarding their knowledge." Her gaze studied him, unsure where he stood, precisely. That he claimed his family suggested to her that he did not lean towards the Jedi principles. Yet … the implication that he disapproved of his ancestors walking away from such an empty life made her reconsider. A complicated man, Narissa suspected "Do you then align yourself with the Jedi's thoughts and codes? Or something more unique?"

His sudden, charming laughter when she told him what she sought surprised her, banishing the carefully correct smile she'd been at pains to display. Was the laughter amusement at her honesty? Contempt for her motives, or even sympathy for her situation? Firmly, she schooled herself not to care, despite how much she lured him to laugh with him, to ascribe to him the best of motives. They needed each other, she reminded herself. The Obsidian Lord had motive to help her, either way. Yet he was so difficult to read; emotions danced through him with a speed and strength that astounded her. It wasn't that she couldn't see them, but that she could not decipher the cause of one before the next bloomed into being. Her chin lifted, mercurial eyes fastened upon him as she sought the complex inner truth of him. Sought to discover the motive behind his chosen tactic.

"Your holocron contains your own knowledge," she reassured him.

"I merely believe that it will add insight into the fragments of Echani knowledge I've found. That the Echani lore might aid your own pursuits, if combined in unique ways." A moment of silence followed. Hesitation, deep thought, consideration all in one.

A faint shake of the head and rueful smile followed. "I do not claim to be pure or deserving. Only in great need."

He did not ask why she sought such things, and she hesitated to volunteer information he may not desire or understand.

Their wandering path approached the edge of the training grounds, the pace slowing. He offered nothing towards owning what she had found, yet invited her upon a trip to Ryloth.

Ryloth!

A fabled place, with a long and painful history. Silence lingered, whilst she considered his offer. "The Lord Commander is otherwise detained, for the foreseeable future." A cool, easy smile, and a nod.

"I would like to see Ryloth, and your perfect sun."

Equipment:

The thought of her being in great need interested him, he wondered what kind of need could possibly warrant the abilities the disciples of twilight were typically engaged in. The ability to control natural light and shadow was particularly interesting ability, but it was far from some of the more powerful abilities in the universe. That said, when their power came from the sun in the way that theirs did. Even the force, found it difficult to wield or control the full awesome power of such a grand nuclear thermos.

He would think on the nature of her question as to where he sat ethically, he wasn't sure if it was a question of Faith, Ethics on the nature of power and how the force should be used, or something more. All he could say was, "I follow the Light, I think the Jedi, in the heart of their tennants are just, but those lofty ideals are far harder to live up to than people think, and that the Jedi of the modern era have failed to live up to them significantly. They don't go far enough... The Sith on the other hand, their goal is noble in its simplicity, but they overestimate the task as well as the effect of power and are lost to it... going to far. Freedom, Control and ensuring the Freedom of others... it all seems rather light to me. Because the real light isn't good and evil... its order and chaos."

He'd fall quiet for a while as he would continue to move, not well outside the compound and showing no signs of stopping. "Well then, if he's busy I'm sure he wont mind me stealing you for a week. Meet me at the hangars in an hour with any of your things that you're going to need and the two of us will make our way there shortly. I've about done everything I need to here, and I have a couple of... important dealings to monitor at home. I hope you'll excuse the mess."

He wouldn't go into more detail than that, as he would begin making his way for the Hangar of the Knights Obsidian station, his performance military class freighter fueled and ready to be taken off at a moments notice. Impeccable chrome looking plating polished to a Damascus sheen while its weapons and outfittings had been fully stocked in case of delays in one form or another.

There'd be little crew around the ship other than the occasional droid as within the next Hour Felix would be waiting at the entrance of the Hangar Facility waiting for his new temporary apprentice in order to get this training on the road. They'd have an hours flight before they were able to get to the Northern continent of Ryloth where his home was. But if she thought she was going to receive her training in a lavish mansion, she was wrong.
jHiLsO.png

Objective: Learn secrets.

The wind picked up as they exited the Courtyard, sweeping past them into dusk of night. Quietly, the Obsidian Lord commented upon both the Jedi's tenants and the Sith's obsession with power. She considered his critique of them both, but spent more time thinking on his definition of Light and Dark as order and chaos. They walked on, while she thought. Won free of the Knight's Obsidian Compound, though she was uncertain where they were headed. Or if they were headed anywhere; some people just needed to move, in order to think. The debate between order and chaos was familiar to her, though she was still unsure where she stood upon it all. "You think light is the more ordered?" she asked, still unsure what his beliefs were. "As bad as chaos can be, it seems that too much order and conformity is equally harmful." Given that she was Echani, the comment was all but heretical.

The command or invitation to meet her in an hour was greeted with a satisfied nod She had no plans that would be disrupted by a week's absence, and much to gain from the knowledge offered. A cool, curious look greeted his semi-explanation of important dealings … and the warning about a mess.

Narissa hated messes.

At the appointed hour Narissa appeared with a TS-360 droid pulling a small Repulsor-Cart. On it was a highly secured, high-end spacer's chest. The freighting in the assigned docking bay was military-class; she had not expected that. Other than being in excellent repair and gleaming with lethality, she could not read much of what it could do from the exterior. Several droids tended to tasks she could not name, but shortly thereafter she spotted the Obsidian Lord and made her way too him.

The trip was quiet, a good time to rest and meditate. She felt no need for conversation though she'd participate if he was so inclined. They headed towards the northern continent, but her attention was on the sunlight and sky, not the buildings. In truth, she did not expect training; merely his help in accessing some knowledge. For that, he had implied the proper quality of light was necessary.

It remained odd to her, that he did not in anyway wish to own his ancestor's holocron, even once it was opened. He had simply dropped that topic, and she had not bothered to re-open it. So she studied the light, trying to feel why and how it was different from the light of Naboo, or her own home. There was surely more to it than the type of star or quality of the atmosphere?​

L E A R N
Felix-Template.png

Equipment:

Felix would think about his statement a little before confirming with little more than a nod to begin with. "he light side of the force is build on adhering to the strict laws of nature. The Dark side isn't something that can exist on its own, its a perversion of the light, a shadow that's cast when the people who can use the force become free radicals. To prove a point, name a place where the Dark side occurs naturally." He would wait, most places that were thick with the dark side were because of human history there, atrocities or something more. Felix was rather well read on the subject, but he wasn't always right.

The boy would keep up some light conversation on the ride to Ryloth, attempting to keep pleasantries going asking about where on eshan the person come from, what the place they grew up in was like? revealing that his family weren't exactly the nicest of people but that he'd been doing his best to turn everything around.

However as they were flying over the Rylothian Desert, sun bearing down on a bleached white earth covering an entire continent that is completely unable to support life thanks to the heat of the sun and the damage done to the planets ozone in being too close to tatooine after its encounter with the Rakatan empire.

"This desert is over fifty thousand miles long, its an entire continent really, constantly hammered by the sun, bad enough that the ozone here is thinner, living things burn up pretty quickly down there. Hope you don't mind the heat." He'd almost chuckle at the Echani before making his way to the back of the ship as it would begin to noticeably lower from the sky heading towards the dunes dozens of miles away from anywhere even remotely able to save their lives should the worst occur. This was Felix's playground, to him it stood like a colossal nexus in the force rich with matter and energy he could manipulate at a whim.

What seemed like scorched white and blue skies, to him was a cacophony of colour, of waves of different wavelengths smashing into the planet to create nuclear symphonies. The shuttle would touch down, and Felix would exit into the 135 degree weather bearing down on them. But Felix would barely look as though it afflicted him. deflecting the light around him so that he may as well be in the shade. Taking a couple of steps on the dunes, what little hard surface the sand had attempted to keep would attempt to crumble, not touched or disturbed by sentient life for an age.

"You and I are going to make our way back on foot, its a fair tramp, but what I want you to do as you walk, is meditate. The first thing you want to do is focus on your body, feeling the rays hitting it. But these are only echoes, afterimages of light. But, the first step to seeing where something is, is seeing where it's been or will be." He would smile, even he wasn't able to control light through the force, it was too fast, but he could sense waves as they moved and flowed through the galaxy in all of their splendor.
jHiLsO.png

Objective: Learn secrets.

The Obsidian Lord asked Narissa a question she'd never considered. Settling into a seat beside him, she could only shake her head. "I don't know. I know only what I have observed or learned in history books. It seems to me that societies which cling to the Dark Side are more brutally and strictly structured than those that lean into the Light. That rigid adherence to rules without reason is a sin of both sides, when it comes to Force Orders."

"I have never seen or visited any Force Vergence, Light or Dark. I have noticed that the Dark Siders are confident that they can create one that suits them, and the Light Siders seem baffled by the notion."

The personal questions were answered with more caution; few of her people would ask such questions without an ulterior motive.

"I am Echani, yes," She affirmed, seeking to catch the Lord's gaze to determine if he understood the subtleties of that statement. "But I was not born upon Eshan, but upon one of the Six Sisters, the worlds that our kingdom once ruled. Recently, my home world of Thyrsus was conquered by the New Imperial Order. I did not first come to the CIS for training, but to seek help in freeing my home."

"My father was a Grand General, my mother a member of the Command Council which ruled our six worlds," They were wealthy, powerful and held extremely high standards. Only perfection was acceptable; that was the Echani way. Things that failed, or were outside of the very narrow parameters their culture accepted were discarded.

Her parents had failed.

Her world belonged to hostile strangers who enshrined the excessive order and rigid cruelty of the old Empire.

It made all rational discussion upon the topic exceedingly difficult. "The training was exacting. Not everyone survives it. But my home is beautiful, and more free than most Echani worlds." Briefly, she grew more animated as she discussed the natural wonders of her world, and the elegant austerity of her home. A vast building that was as much fortress and government building as a domicile. Thyrsus had some differing political views from other Echani worlds, and so defense had been necessary. Yet she made no mention of her siblings or other family members.

The information that the young Obsidian Lord's family had been awful was not wholly surprising, given that it was the home world of the Twi'ek species. There didn't seem a lot of good ways for a human family to become a noble house there. Yet it pleased her that he was turning that around, seeking to be the highest ideal of a noble, and not the lowest.

The dreadful, pure-white desert they overflew was a wound that Narissa felt along her skin, and in her lungs. "The planet cannot breathe, here." she clenched her fists to keep herself from trying to help. The urge to summon ice and snow to soothe the parched planes below was bitterly strong.

Yet it was pointless; the wound was not in the earth, and no lasting change would be achieved by her sacrifice. The taunt he offered put her on guard; how could one such as she not be injured by the fierce heart and dry, unnaturally life-less desert below?

Turning from him, she searched his galley for either water or flasks to hold it.

Without a word, she followed him into the killing heat, closing her body to the desiccating heat and stifling air of the poisoned desert. It was neither beautiful nor filled with power to her, but a cruel wound to the planet.

And a grueling, deliberate test.

How very Echani of him.

He asked her meditate - at least she was good at doing that when moving and in pain. Closing her eyes, she reached out to the world around her. The wind, the air, the lights and shadow. The way the silica sand reflected the light back at the merciless sun, and the tiny creatures hiding deep in the cool earth.

It was in turning her mind back to her body that her meditation failed. Again and again, she went through the steps of achieving mediation and leaving the travails of her physical body behind, and then being asked to become aware of it once again. That was her focus, while the walked; she remained painfully aware of how to get back to the ship, but paid no attention to where they were going.

Only to the steadily weakening of her power as the water was boiled out of her body, and unable to be replenished by the world around her.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom