Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tying the royal knot

Now that the coronation part was over, and that the security threat posed by some bizarre creature in the bathroom near the end of the coronation has been taken care of, the last part of the joint ceremony held on Glyss was to proceed, the thing that will consecrate the love between two Jedi, who were the proof that same-sex marriages could be held even by high-class people. Jessica, having never set foot on Glyss before, was met with an ovation the first time she was presented to the people of Glyss, despite some insinuations that her marriage may have been a business deal. Jessica was to be wed to Summer, now that she is confirmed as the Princess Consort of Glyss. But she was Princess Consort rather than just an ordinary Princess for a reason: her marriage-to-be. Because the interruption forced the guests out, now the brides will walk down the aisle as would be the case if only one wedding was held without a coronation tacked on it. She turned to Summer:

"Almost time to walk down the aisle. You now how absurd it is when your entourage claims that I will be married to you for business reasons, while you know I have been nothing but a good lover to you. Getting married for business reasons is a thing of dark-siders"

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Summer Sovereign"] [member="HK-36"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax stepped off the Revenant Dawn on to yet another unfamiliar world. It was moments like this that never ceased to amaze him. Looking around he stood, unsure of what he should do next. Fiuring it best to go find some food he headed into the space port to find the nearest restaurant or cantina.

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"], @Summer, [member="Sovereign"] (like Mass Effect?), [member="HK-36"]

"I hear you love and am I going first or are you?" Summer would ask trying to prepare herself for whatever was to come she would whisper in Jessica's ear "Tonight is gonna be fun!"

[member="Dax Fyre"]
[member="HK-36"]
[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

"I will go first. If I'm not mistaken the consort has to go first and then the queen"

Clearly Summer was much less complicated a person than Jessica was. Jessica assumed far more responsibilities than Summer would. Even though she found out that one of the duties actually stemmed from a title that was never recognized officially, but that she nevertheless unofficially assumed it, just without having ever used the military privilege that came with an actual holder of such a position that is officially recognized. Now she had to assume the same duties on Glyss, rather than Ringo Vinda, but it came from another source. Hopefully being a Princess Consort meant that she could actually be protecting the people of Glyss rather than ruling over them. There were all too many things people thought the Jedi Code would forbid Jedi from doing, but that Jedi actually could do, and one of the major things was ownership and control of corporations. (Cathul owned IGR, just like Matsu owned Sasori Research, Arisa ran Panacea, and Sor-Jan owned Corellia Digital - Jessica regarded Cathul as being as much a Jedi as she was a Witch by now) Jessica was usually good at delegating, and she hoped that the royal staff and officials would take care of most issues until they came to Her Majesty's office. Jessica was almost walking down the aisle, when she had a question for her lover:

"One more thing: if I became a full-fledged Jedi Knight, before you do, do you want me to take over your training?"

[member="Summer Sovereign"] [member="Dax Fyre"] [member="HK-36"]

"OK." Summer would say checking her dress and crown once more "And yes I would like that." She would say that was her hope the whole time

[member="Dax Fyre"]
[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Summer Sovereign"], [member="Jessica Med-Beq"], [member="Dax Fyre"],

HK was there as well, still in that bridesmaid dress he wore to the original ceremony, baring witness to their union, hopefully without any interruptions this time.

Anyway, he just kind of stood there, patiently waiting for the ceremony to begin, not doing anything to take the spotlight just yet, it was Summer and Jessica's big day after all.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax eventually found himself at the ceremony, only slightly buzzed. He hadn't actually known the when or where of the marriage but a nice servant had shown him he way when he asked. Now he sat there waiting for the ceremony to begin.

[member="Summer Sovereign"], [member="Jessica Med-Beq"], [member="HK-36"]

Jessica knew that, more than any other Jedi, Summer trusted her. But to the point of her taking over the training? There had to be serious issues with how Junko Ike trained Summer. But the only time where she ever saw her in person was for repulsorlift generators. Junko was a pretty, petite lady, well-liked by many, with a lot of charisma. But the Jessica of today would probably find Junko to be, let's say it, not that great, Junko was truly just some somewhat bright woman but clearly has nothing on either newlywed in her head. Plus anyone on Glyss that champions same-sex marriage, and their dog, knows by now that these two were living a idyllic romance that same-sex couples would make attempts to emulate, and that higher-class ones were the ones best positioned to emulate it. By now Jessica was walking down the aisle with the original bridesmaids (Marcia and Julie) remaining in position and preparing the wedding rings. And waiting for Summer.

"Ready any time now"

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Summer Sovereign"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax watched the ceremony with interest. Cultures always had different ways of doing things. The explorer in him wanted to learn about new things such as this. As of yet however, the marriage ceremony didn't seem any different than the next. Not that he was complaining. It was nice to just relax. See someone happy for once.

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Summer Sovereign"] [member="HK-36"]

Summer would soon follow suit and make her way down the aisle with her Bridesmaid, the other had been accusatory of Jessica. So she was not invited to this wedding. She would take her place with the brightest smile she had ever had in her life

[member="Dax Fyre"]
[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"], [member="Dax Fyre"], [member="Summer Sovereign"],

The droid would move to join Summer and follow her down the aisle, scanning the area as he moved through the ceremonial building just in case he would pick up on any signatures that would betray someone trying to crash the wedding a second time, but there would be nothing for droid to find since this time the ceremony was a far more private one.

As they walked the droid would glance at Summer to see how she was holding up after the previous attack, and then look ahead onto the altar or whatever their equivalent was, proceeding with ceremonies and his duties as a bridesmaid, just how Summer asked him to do.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax smiled in amusement, suppressing a chuckle. An assassin droid in a dress. He doubted he'd ever see that again.

Now that both Summer and Jessica arrived at the altar, with the chief royal advisor standing near it. That was the high point of the past five years of romance. Will their marriage prove to be a happy one? Many claim that the happiest years of a marriage are the earliest years, and probably for good reason. Because in humans, and in most Near-Human species, PEA influence would fade after a few years, irrespective of whether the parties are Force-sensitive or not, and then the lovers break up if troubles become too great for them to be resolvable. Yet, in some cultures some people could remain married because the cost of divorce was prohibitive one way or another. Admittedly Jessica did not know that much about Glyss culture but she had no reason to suspect that either their romance would end or the Force would want their love to be terminated, and that marriage wasn't arranged, unlike some other cultures where people in their position would be betrothed at an earlier age. She would then turn to Summer, while Marcia and Julie held one bouquet of flowers apiece, and so did [member="Dax Fyre"] and [member="HK-36"]:

"Jessica, do you accept to take Summer for your wife, to promise to be true to her in good times and bad, in sickness and in health? Do you promise to love and honor her until death do you part?"

"I, Jessica, take you, Summer, to be my wife, I promise to be true to you in good times and bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you until death does us part. Summer, please take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity"

[member="Summer Sovereign"]

As Summer heard Jessica's vows she would have a tear run down her cheek. She had never had anyone say something that meaningful to her. She had a pretty good Idea that this marriage would last a very long time. The thought a divorce would not have crossed her mind once.

"Summer, do you accept to take Jessica for your wife, to promise to be true to her in good times and bad, in sickness and in health? Do you promise to love and honor her until death do you part?"

"I, Summer take Jessica to be my wife, I promise to be true to you in good times and bad, in sickness and in health. I promise to love and honor you until death do us part. Did you know that the ring symbolises infinity because a circle has no end as our love had no end. Please accept this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity"

"I hereby declare you wives"

Jessica now took advantage of the occasion to get the aurodium wedding ring from Summer's hand. What Summer knew all along was that their happiness stem from one source - the Force and, from there, their ability to use it, their knowledge of the Force as well as their Force-alignment. But she knew that, in marriages between Force-users, often when one changes alignment, it carries consequences for the other, one way or another: if a light-sider goes to the dark side of the Force while married to another light-sider, usually conflict would arise, and it is often considered a major test of one's marriage for married Force-users. If a FU and a NFU were married, however, the Force-alignment of the FU have less of an impact. Now these were two fabulous women: one Wookiee-sized, the other rather tall but much slimmer. May the Force make it so that our idyll last until death does us part, she though. This wedding is ultimately the will of the Force. Now the pair each held a bouquet of flowers in hand and kissed each other...

[member="Summer Sovereign"] [member="Dax Fyre"] [member="HK-36"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax smiled as the two made there vows, clapping alongside others when they sealed they're union with a kiss. Too much pain in the galaxy. It was a precious thing, what he had just witnessed. A true happiness

As the ring was slipped onto her left hand she would take Jessica's hand and slide the ring on hers. As they kissed Summer would feel pure ecstasy coming from the woman and it made her so happy

[member="Dax Fyre"]

HK-36

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"], [member="Summer Sovereign"], [member="Dax Fyre"],

The machine applauded as the two kissed and were declared wives,

"Congratulations!"

He called out, letting the joyful moment go on, honored to be a witness to it, and basking in its happiness just like the rest of attendants.

Little did he knew, few standard months later he would come at odds with Jessica due to her involvement with Techno Empire, a mix of their political decisions and actions, mishaps most of them, and the droid's disposition towards factions that kept a large droid army, or what he perceived an army of his enslaved brethren he could possibly free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom