Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Two Worlds - Two Visions

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Sigil-1-1.png

He wasn't on the bridge, even though it was ridiculously large and waste of space, he didn't care about the ships crew and course nor did he want his ignorant servants to be threatened by his presence and aura. They were not worthy of receiving the gift, happily serving and living their dutiful lives for something they didn't care about or understood. Blind slaves. Much more blind than any in his vast hordes of followers who these numb-ones would call slaves and savages. There at least all believed in the common understanding of nature.

The Harrower exited hyperspace in the Jutrand system, the transition to real space always a little funny feeling in the guts of the Warmaster. He stood motionless like a statue of black marble in the central upper hangar bay, waiting both for the inspection as well as arrival.

The former would come before the latter and he would completely ignore the local military and security detachment. For them he was a Lord of the Sith, an untouchable being beyond their authority and reach for as long as he provided clearance and adhered to their pathetic rules. He was not dealing with them on his own, he had one little, eager officer to do so, one of the so called Sith-Imperials. He seemed both reluctant and eager to serve at the same time.

The check went by quickly and the ship was guided to a dock in orbit from where the armoured figure would take a shuttle directly to the meeting. He did not give a second look to the ship or it's sighing in relief crew.

The ride to the surface was short as he arrived on a landing platform at his hosts sanctum. Looking around the place and planet he thought about it being a capital, a seat of power and order for this entity of a Sith Order.

Nyâsh was looking forward to meeting the individuum leading the Sith Eternal.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

His arrival would be without superfluous flair, a simple approach, and a single member of the Sith to guide him to the office of the Triumvir. The tower had guard patrols and officers walking through the halls discussing plans for expansion and domination of Jutrand - leave alone other worlds, but it was passing and unimportant conversation. All the details would be discussed in private behind warded walls, but it would give a brief summary of the world's situation.​
Jutrand was in anarchy, slowly falling to the will of the Dark Lord. It had been the primary reason his economy and military had yet to truly compare to the Kainites and the Malsheem - but the trend had shown his control was slowly tightening around the world. Where there once was war protests and violence against military instillations - now it was mob on mob violence from the Eternalists versus their detractors. In a few more weeks, few more months, the planet would be subjugated under its own design - led by the leather from Empyrean.​
The entrance to the office Empyrean stood in was mundane - the building a repurposed IGBC tower fortified to control the world. Empyrean himself was a walking corpse, as so many had rumored. His body was cut from shoulder to hip, missing his entire left arm and chest. A void, cloudy and dark swirled in the cavity of his torso, while his eyes were pure dark metal. With skin cracking and blood red hair he looked upon the Warmaster with a nigh on apathetic appearence.​
"Lord Nyash.", he said plainly.​
"I am Darth Empyrean. What is it you come to me for?"​

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Sigil-1-1.png

Nyâsh's curiosity towards the people going about their work and duty was limited, they were pawns in a game of greater creatures they couldn't possibly comprehend. One such creature appeared now in front of him.

A stark contrast to 'his' surroundings. The simple office seemed absolutely the wrong place for some living half-dead. Empyrean was not belonging here, he lowered himself to be here, just as the near physical opposite did. The towering hulk of metal which clad the Draelvasier stood as a monument, his weapons cracking with the will to shatter cities.

'Lord Nyâsh' the Warmaster hadn't heard in a while, his followers usually were less formal. But it seemed somewhat fitting for this regal building to aim for that aura of authority and hierarchy.

"Curiosity. You are one of three 'triumvirs' leading this example of a Sith ... Order -" the last word came with a delay and underlying doubt about it's meaning "- and I am curious about the subtle differences between these three venerable pillars of ideology."

The voice of the armoured monster was heavy with accent when talking in basic, guttural and harsh the pronunciation. He seemed neither used to speak it nor interested to expand his proficiency of it.

"Yours is the 'Sith Eternal'. Why would, for example, I support you instead of Darth Carnifex?"

His gaze seemed to both deaden, and perk up at his question. There was a deeply founded skepticism for the Order in his words, and Empyrean could sense that disrespect. Slowly, the Dead God stood from his seat and motioned the Warmaster to a nearby door - outside of which led to a balcony shrouded from the harsh winds and atmospheric pressures by an invisible force shield. Empyrean glanced over the City for a long moment before he spoke;​
"There is much I could tell you, but I won't insult you with the drivel of laymen. Do you truly need the full breadth of our ideology, or are you curious what it can do for you?", he said simply.​

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Sigil-1-1.png

With intended silence he follows the Darth onto his balcony, making surprisingly little to no sound despite his massive figure and heavy plates.

"You would flatter a Miraluka with your insight. I wonder indeed if your ideology is useful to me. Just as you are wondering if I can be useful to you."

His face, concealed beneath helmet and crown, observes the half-dead.

"I believe the Sith Eternal is the beginning, but 'The Force shall free me' is not the end or conclusion. What do you seek? Another Empire along with your peers, sharing power, separating strength?"

"No.", Empyrean said simply.​
"I want an Empire, that much is true - but I don't intend to share my power nor what I build. There will be servants, and contenders - as the Sith should be. The Empire will be a means to an end, to pull from the populace machines of war and rituals that syphon their strength. Beyond that, I care little for imperial ambition."​
He motioned to the city, as military vehicles flew overhead and a few constable vehicles flashed into the lower levels with sirens ablaze.​
"This world is nothing more than a tool. To lead it is to use it, and so long as its people worship the Sith then I will hold strength in their minds. It is as simple as that - until the day I prove weak and have my power torn from me. Like those that came before, like those that will come after."​
"And you, what is it you seek?", he said, finally turning to look up to him.​

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Sigil-1-1.png

The elementary question appeared in his mind but he stored it for now, it was interesting but everything at their due time.

"A means to an end or just another ending Sith Empire?"

It was more a rhetorical question and Nyâsh did not expect an answer from the Dark Lord. This was a conversation which could potentially be dangerous, but also bear the fruit of possible benefits for the near future. His interest in the Sith Eternal was dependent on their willingness to see more.

"I seek to bring about the rightful nature of things, the truthful co-existence of those who deserve it."

The Warmaster turns his vision back to the city, the landscape of Jutrand.

"Do they live at your mercy or are they the foundation of your projected strength?"

"If you believe the death of an empire means anything to the Sith, you fail to understand the point.", Empyrean said with a glance towards him, but his gaze too fell back on the city. He was quiet for a moment as he let Nyash ask his questions, but more than that he let the air still for an answer he could contemplate on.​
"A Sith who relies on his subordinates for strength never deserved to have subordinates in the first place. Many have questioned if I am fit to lead, believing my... wounds... have weakened me. The Dark Side has no issues with wounds or scars, it finds its strength in me wholeheartedly - and all who have thought to doubt me have learned the consequences of such."​
He turned to Nyash once more.​
"So to answer your question, my subordinates live at my mercy - but they also live so that they might supplant me. I am beyond strength, but I am simply a figure to be ascended. Let the next be stronger than I, and the next stronger than they. Until our work is done, and the reality is ours to do with as we wish. Until that day, we strive under our darwinistic teachings, build our strength, and forge empires so that we might pull from the masses their very souls."​
"Everything we do is for that purpose, and that purpose alone. The Eternals simply do it better than the rest. Even the Maw has begun to fail without a strong singular leader."​

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Sigil-1-1.png

He listened to the explanation and response. The Draelvasier did not take offence by the words of the walking corpse, he had met Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren more than once and furthermore knew death as his childhood companion. And he also knew that words could hurt as much as someone throwing a corn of sand on his armour.

"But why - it's what I don't understand. You strife and fight for change and Sith dominance. But you do it the same way as hundreds of Dark Lords have before you, exactly for the same goal and with the same means - please don't argue about semantics of power and strength. One of your kind once broke the wheel, one did succeed once for - how long - 20 years or so? Where are you not an reenactor or cosplayer of what all those failing figures did before you? Where is your change? Your 'breaking of chains' of the dead people who came before you?"

"Every idea under the Sun.", Empyrean offered back simply.​
"What goal do you think I have, Warmaster?", the Triumvir said with a full turn towards the man.​
"Consider for a moment your proposal - should any of the Rule of Two Sith have abandoned their course simply because their master had not yet achieved their goals? Should the One Sith have disbanded simply because Krayt could not keep the throne? Should the Sith abandon our strength because another squandered it?", he said with a shake of his head.​
"It is foolish to be so impatient you abandon good sense simply because another failed. So too is it to follow hopelessly in the foot steps of another. The complexities of such are beyond a simple conversation - be it a Dark Crusade of war and death, as so many others have failed in doing, or the building of an Empire as so many more have. There is nothing to be done for what hasn't worked, only on building up a better version."​
He turned to him fully then.​
"That is how the Sith work, Warmaster. We build on the prior strength, cut away the fat - and then build our own strength until we are outdone. If your concern is beyond this material obsession, then know we differentiate ourselves greatly - but I do not trust you enough to know the depths in which I have built upon our rituals and sciences. Know that we have made progress for a thousand years, but I will not make the bold proclamation I am the success waiting - only that I am a step on the stairs to domination."​

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Sigil-1-1.png

"I rate the idea of impatience as an excuse. The Rule of Two culminated in the New Order, success! And ended shortly after. So a thousand years plan died in twenty years. I am not challenging your persistence and endurance, simply the direction. It is not about one previous failure but no previous success."

He would lean on the railing, but his figure was far too big to go down so far without looking like a moron. If Empyrean would see to venture out with his senses if Nyâsh was hiding anything or giving false statement, he would find that the armoured warrior would really speak from his heart and not make up anything. Then he proceeded to answer the question, turning his head at the Triumvir.

"You want an 'elite' group of Sith be the center of attention, the deities of a widespread Sith-religion in a realm controlled by yourself, another self-proclaimed Sith'ari."

After a pause he would turn fully to meet the stance of the half-dead.

"I don't understand how those aiming for strength, power, victory, breaking of chains can so easily succumb to 'till we are outdone' - it is completely violating the last lines of the code. I wonder if Sidious thought so. What do you think? I don't believe he wanted to bend the knee in front of that wheel of time and the 'Will of the Force' feth and just continue to be a part of someone's else's, something else's page of history."

"Tell me if you see the history of the Sith Order as a success and why 'your' approach will turn out better than that of better ones before you."

Empyrean seemed to nod, giving a sound of affirmation - as though he finally understood.​
"I see the issue. I will speak plainly - You don't understand our goal.", he said plainly.​
"Let me start simple - the Code is... not whatever you have described to me. You've mentioned the breaking of chains many times, but all in the wrong sense. Some have taken the code to be breaking free from mortal needs - food, pleasure, love. Darth Malgus approached this much the same. Some have claimed it is the chain of weakness and inaction - that the Dark Side can give them strength to be free of oppressors. They are closer, but still wrong."​
"The breaking of chains is a statement against fate, Warmaster Nyash. It is not the petty concern of empires, it is a fight against the cycle, against the will of the Force. My goal, the Sepulchral's goal, the Sith's goal always has and will be the ascencion to the Throne of Judgement, and the death of the Celestials that control fate. It is fate we strive against, it is fate that guides our enemies, and it is fate that we strive to stop."​
"When you speak of a twenty year 'success', you speak of something you do not understand because you have never had the scales torn from your eyes. I will not insult you with a doubt of your prowess, I know little of your accomplishments - but your words here today tell me you simply don't understand what it is the Sith strive for."​
"I can teach you this much, if you are willing to learn, and then perhaps you can have a more informed understanding of what our plans and goals are. Would this be fair, or would you prefer I defend something I do not care about?"​

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Sigil-1-1.png

"That is exactly what I am referring to and criticizing. I don't see the approach in the Sith Order to be ever successful with your attempt of complicating ideology of a cult which is as rich with success as a homeless amputee."

"You want to defy fate and choose to do it repetitively? Smashing the head against the wall again and again, will the wall crumble or skull crack first?"

"The wall is the Galaxy and it's people. For as long as people can remember how nice their peaceful life was, for as long as they have knowledge of how this Order was thrown into the dirt frequently, for as long as there are those that defy, install hope and defiance, the Sith, in all variations, shades and adaptations ... still will be just Sith. And fail. Again."

He turns to the world again and gestures to the horizon of the city with his huge gauntlet.

"Do you know what I see? I see the hope of promotions, I see the hope of a secure life, an income, the idea of order and peace."

His infinitely black lenses turn towards Empyrean again.

"I see opposition to the Dark side, to nature, to evolution. It is stale, decadent and illusional. There can be no peace, for noone or they have time to think of luxuries such as fashion, career and sex instead of survival."

"Fate is for people who have time to think about it. I don't believe in it nor waste my time with it. Nor will I indulge further Sith teachings."

Nyâsh's tone turns a bit more casual.

"Who do you think was the most successful or closest to succeed Sith in the Orders history?"

Empyrean sighed deeply at this dismissal, his expression especially odd given he did not breath.​
"You criticize the Order because you don't want to understand it. You ask me a question that if you had bothered to listen you would have the answer for already. I give you gold in the essence of words, truth to deeper understanding and you dismiss it because it's... overcomplicated. I suppose it is true then, that one cannot both lead a horse to water and make it drink.", he sneered.​
"No, I will not indulge your questions if your response begins and ends at dismissal. If you directly tell me, you wish not to learn Sith teachings, and dismiss it for its complexity in the same breath, then I fear you've already corrupted your understanding. An unwillingness to learn, or even gauge the depth of truth I speak is the staple marking of a Sith who will die in obscurity like his forebears."​
"You don't actually care for an answer - you will dismiss it because you've come to this discussion not for understanding, but to tell me why you believe I, and further The Sith, are wrong. You've heard nothing, spoken only in the hopes I would sway from my path - perhaps that in my realization of your truth you may be validated in your own. You want to be heard, to be supported, so fine."​
"I will play your game and skip these pointless questions you hope to lead into. Tell me what you think works, so that I may judge you on the merit you espouse. What is your end goal, Nyash, and how do you intend to accomplish it?"​

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Sigil-1-1.png

Nyâsh observed how the patience ran thin on his conversation partner. It was curious how one could preach or spread certain ideals while denying and defying them was seen as offence or to offer opposition to them. Or as he thought, improvement. But the Draelvasier entertained the thought of continuing this conversation for longer and not fighting the future enemy in his own home.

"Remove the scales from my eyes, enlighten me with your version of the truth. I am curious as to what makes you feel that your version of the truth is better than other Sith have."

His tone was not mocking or patronising, he was serious and not trying to mock his counterpart.

Empyrean watched him, unmoving and still - like a corpse. His face lacked the emotion and annoyance he held only a moment ago, and he stood unnatural in his stoic stance. His words came cold but without malice;​
"No.", he said forward and direct.​
"If you expect me to prove that truth is not subjective, I will not compare it to the nebulous thought of 'other Sith'. Give me your understanding of the Sith, so that I might compare it to truth. 'Bring about the rightful nature of things' is far too inexact for me to compare it to with any certainty."​

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Sigil-1-1.png

"My interpretation of the natural order has little to do with Sith, but I will give you my rundown what the Sith have objectively achieved in their millennia of history and strife."

Nyâsh took in some air, or at least he imitated the motion of preparing for a longer explanation.

"The Sith are a religious group centered around the opposite of what was before them, taking the Dark side as their tool for personal gain and validation of power. There are many interpretations of great range and approach of the Sith code, which is an antagonist to the Jedi code, and all claim to be the rightful and best one because these or those are temporarily more powerful. The Sith found their peak in the line of Darth Bane and the one he executed his vision, Darth Sidious. Since the death of the latter, many more meagre cults have arisen and died, all seeking to establish their 'natural order' with the Sith at its head. Be it an Empire, a religion or a secret order of shady puppet masters - there is no difference in the overall approach or the desired outcome."

He paused a moment.

"In conclusion, the Sith are based on the existence of their opposite, the Jedi and are hunting their own tail while clinging to philosophical tenets which were made by individuals who are turned to dust for much longer than any Sith could reign - nor a Jedi or Light sider could reign for that matter. The two are mutually inclusive, one does not exist without the other and it will always end in a hunting of the own tail. Up and down, the circle you described. Just to repeat with one approach or the other. All the while individuals in the currently powerful Sith Order are trying to convince everyone else that they are a possible Sith'ari, despite that individual having lived and triumphed already."

"So the achievement of the Sith Order is to be that other side of the coin, a justification for the Jedi to keep power and to endlessly repeat the wheel of rise and fall. Both individually and as an organisation."

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Sigil-1-1.png

"Can we agree that you do not try to lecture me through questions of history which have, to me, zero meaning for the present? I will gladly listen to your approach and explanation, but not by trying to achieve a good grade in your class. Objectively, both you and me, share the same common ground of absolute, biased subjectivity towards what we consider truth."

"I am thrilled to hear your least surface level approach, which will show me the finer secrets of how to be the best Sith serving you. Or the Triumvirate. Or the Sith Code. Or the Sith Order. I struggle to find who or which instance is it you are actually serving or I should."

Empyrean shot him a dangerous glare. For all the Triumvirate was, for all he had held back - he was still the feared titan. For all the pleasantries and niceties he had offered, this was still his home, and on a whim he could make it a grave. The pressure of his gaze, the reminder on his sense within the Force, kept that in mind as he watched him through metal eyes.​
"I've given you my approach and explanation, and you threw it in my face. I told you open truths, and you denied them for frivolities and nonsense. If you want a good grade in my 'class', you will shut up and listen, or I'll see your ship turned to scrap and your flesh to feed my forge mongers. Remember who you're talking to, and don't forget I'll lay you low as any other."​
He let that hang in the air for a moment before finalizing his words, "Don't forget I treat you with respect because you are a guest. I apologize to you, as a guest. Speak to me as an equal again, and I'll show you how unequal we are."​
"Now follow me.", he commanded.​
He walked to a further balcony door that led to a private archive decorated with artifacts of unknown origin, and books lining the walls that Nyash could feel were dangerous in presence alone. The markings of human skin scrawled with enchanted ink, enslaved tsil crystals and corrupter kyber repositories - what lay in the room was priceless, but Empyrean moved through it as any other, a collection of oddities of historical significance that he could care little for.​
As he did, he began to speak again;​
"Public understanding of the Sith is simple, and as you follow it. We are to be opposites of the Jedi forever locked in a back and forth pull of nonsense never seeing its end until one or the other are destroyed. In a very vague sense - this is true. We are at odds with the Jedi, but more realistically what the Jedi serve.", he offered, glancing over one of the artifacts as he passed. A piece of the original text of Sotha Sil, it would seem.​
"The original sin comitted by the Jedi Exiles was departing from the will of the Force, from its guidance. The conventional Jedi listened to what the Force said, decided the exiles were heretical, and sent them away for their crimes. However, how does the Force know what is right or wrong? How did it guide the Jedi to this conclusion?"​
"If you read Jedi texts, many will offer you something close to the truth. That the Force is a living entity, that its infinite guidance is what the Jedi follow - to be selfless, to allow the Force to guide them. They surrender themselves unto it and do its great acts. Many even witness prophecy, so far that the Force itself must be able to see the future in all its avenues. It then uses this information to spoon feed its agents into what it wants, what it achieves.", he said before stopping before a bust of Darth Bane.​
"It is for this reason the Jedi have a strong sense of foresight, prophecy, and scrying.", he said, running a thumb down the statue's cheek before departing once more.​
"These are known facts. Those spirits beyond the grave, both Jedi and Sith, have acknowledged these as truths. Darth Traya spoke heavily on the topic, imparting it to Darth Revan in her teachings - that the Force knows all, sees all, but guides the galaxy unto destruction again and again. The cycle you spoke of as endless nonsense is not perpetrated by the Sith and Jedi - but a guiding hand that knows how to keep up here, doing it again and again. The Force knows all, sees all, and acts unto its own interests so that all may continue to suffer."​
"Here is what the Jedi do not realize -", Empyrean said as he motioned to a case on the wall. Inside was an ancient thing, older than even the Sith artifacts scattered around the room. It's make up was foreign, antedeluvian, and extremely unsettling. There was dark forces trapped within it.​
"- that the Force is but a natural element of reality. Similar to Gravity, Nuclear Forces, or Electromagnetism. It is not God, it is simply... the Force. The question became to the Jedi Exiles how the Force would guide the Jedi if it were just that - a simple 'force' of nature. In their studies, they discovered the truth. This artifact here is from a civilization that disappeared many hundreds of millennia ago. We know of them now as 'the Celestials', but that is simply because we lack a better name."​
Empyrean watched the artifact, some shard of a greater piece, closely - but turned to Nyash instead.​
"They disappeared at once. All archeological records of their civilization point to this. Towards the end of the Rakata war, that was the end of their existence - thousands of worlds instantly snapped of their people. How would a population spanning the Galaxy have this happen? Darth Valkorian found out how and attempted to recreate it in his wars across the galaxy, but that is outside the scope of what I speak of."​
"These Celestials performed a ritual that absorbed all their life, their entire civilization into a few solitary beings. The Father, Son, and Daughter. Together, they form what we now know as the Celestials. There are stories of their travel on many worlds, most considered mere fable and fiction - but they are real. They ascended to a realm outside of real space, and from there see all possible fates. There, in Mortis, they hold sway over the very foundations of reality."​
"It is they who now control the galaxy. It is they who created the Dark Side so they might restrict us from following in their path, and it is they who keep the galaxy in this cycle. When I told you we do not strive for empires or galactic dominance, I meant it. These methods are a means to an end, and end that sees us take from the Celestials their iron grip on reality. When you spoke of success in our order, there has been none - but the ever constant fight against these machinations. That which would see us fall - and every century we grow closer to toppling their control."​
"An Empire gives us resources, influence, and control. These things can be used as a hammer to an anvil, and help us create new rituals, new strengths, and greater knowledge to ascend to their heights once more. All of this is important for you to understand if you wish to help, as any lax thought in your mind is an avenue for the Force to influence you against the Sith. You must be a bulwark to its nature, ever constant in your vigilance of individualism in the face of its selfless nature."​
"If you want to serve, you will serve as a warrior against destiny, as all the Sith do. You asked before why the Eternals are better suited to achieve the goal of the Sith - and I will offer you it simply. Because we have concentrated a millenia of strength in a dyad spanning thousands of Sith. They fight for control of my body, ever constantly seeking to undo my will - absorb my strength into theirs. It is within me lies one of the keys to our ascension, and should I fail - then it will pass onto another stronger than I. I do not say that because I am weak, I say that because our enemy is strong - beyond comprehension."​
"If you are offering your hand in subservience, then I will guide you to strength befitting a Sith, but I must trust in you a strength to not be a pawn for powers you do not understand, as so many others have been. Do not ignore what I've said, or you can find another patron - I require intelligence above all things, and will not endure negligence or a rabid dog."​
"Do you understand what I've told you?"​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom