Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Words: Nine Letters

Two words, nine letters. That's what it takes to explain what happened in basic. It would be close to sixteen letters and one word in my language. It translates roughly to, the one who survived is the one who was ready. I cannot help but think my language doesn't quite have it right. I was never ready. Never, but yet here I am. In basic it's much simpler, far less complex. It amounts to living, to be alive. I survived. Two words, nine letters.... I survived. While it greatly condenses all the details of my own story it is right. It is the most important part, I survived.

Galina sighed heavily as she set the datapad aside. It had been a while since her rescue and the Wildling had recovered well. Now she was budding into a nice young woman. Her basic skills were coming along nicely, though she still read and wrote better than she did speaking it. None the less the redhead got on well enough to get around, and understand most people and most things.

Picking up a book, she headed over to a fluffy chair in her room and pulled up a blanket around her. All to hide her nervousness of things to come. If she kept reading, kept doing things her fears remained at bay. If she let herself rest or was alone with her thoughts long enough her mind wandered to the the physician or healer, priestess was it? That would soon be visiting her. The idea still making her incredibly afraid, and worried. The idea of the new, for she'd never been to a doctor in her life and wasn't exactly eager to start now. None the less, it was coming whether or not she liked it. For now, distraction was the best she could manage.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Her daughter was a survivor. It was something that could easily be forgotten on first sight. Outwardly she appeared like any other girl her age. She seemed innocent, ever-curious and eager to soak up any of the wonders the world had to offer. But...she was not an ordinary girl. No ordinary girl would have survived the hell Galina had been through. It made Siobhan proud of her, even though at the same time it saddened her deeply that her daughter had been forced to experience such terrible events at so young an age.

Soft footsteps announced Siobhan's arrival before she entered Galina's room. Seeing her daughter on a fluffy chair with a blanket draped over, she sighed slightly. Galina was afraid...something Siobhan could not blame her for. "Hey, sweetie. Would you like some tea?" she asked softly, passing over a cup full of steaming peach tea. "Eileithya will be here in a couple minutes. It'll be fine, promise. Besides, mummy's here and you're a tough girl. Toughest girl I've known."

"Yes, I would, thanks." She spoke with a feigned smile upon her lips. There was just something about the situation, that left a strange feeling within her. Call it a gut feeling, but she didn't feel this would all be okay. There was something there. "I trust you, mummy. I do... I just ... I feel something is wrong. This does not feel right." The girl finally admitted as she reached out, and took the cup eagerly. Taking a small sip, she took a deep breath trying to relax herself. "Maybe I worry much." Still messing her basic up a little bit.

"There, there, sweetie. You've got every right to worry. It's human. Just don't let it rule you," Siobhan said softly, giving her daughter a soft kiss on the forehead. "So I'll be here, Eileithya will examine you...and then it'll be over and you'll find out it's not so scary. I wouldn't call a doctor here if I did not feel it was something you needed." At this the doorbell rang.

"I am trying. It's just hard." The young woman frowned a little. With the kiss from her mother, she managed to smile. "Thank you, really don't want be alone right now. I know, I trust you. I do mummy. I just... I do not know." At the sound of the doorbell, Galina jumped startled at the sound even if she was somewhat used to it by now.
"That is her, isn't it?" The teenager asked softly, her eyes dropping to the floor as she set aside her cup of tea.

"Yes, it's her, sweetie," Siobhan said softly, giving Galina a hopefully encouraging smile and applying a soft squeeze to her shoulder.

True to the bell, it did not take long before Eileithya Saedaris strode into the room. She probably did not look the way you expected a doctor to appear. Flaming red hair fell down way past her shoulders, her eyes were a bright blue and and her face shapely, though not free of some scars. As for attire she wore a pair of elegant obes, as befitted her status as a an Eldorai Priestess, though they were not embroidered. Nor did she wear any jewellry save for a ring of Ashira.

There was something about her aura that radiated a feeling of calmness and serenity, and the look upon her face was kindly. "Hello. I am Eileithya Saedaris," she said gently. "Nice to meet you again, Siobhan? And good to see I am not being called because you have lost limbs again. It upsets Tegaea a lot," she joked. Siobhan would have rolled her eyes if she could but then the Priestess continued. "And this is your lovely daughter?" she asked.

Despite herself Siobhan could not help smiling. "Yeah, that's Galina. Galina, that's Eileithya."

The healer approached Galina, though she kept her steps slow and measured so as not to frighten her more. "You're the brave girl Siobhan told me so much about? She says you survived eight years alone on a hellish island. She's very proud of you. Now, Galina, I just want do a simple check-up. I understand if you're afraid, but I won't let anything ill happen to you. It's against my vows to hurt any innocent. We will talk a bit and then I'll look you over for a quick examination. Alright?"

Galina's eyes remained on the floor as Siobhan spoke, her nerves growing more obvious by the moment. For a moment, there was a tiny debate in her mind of running, fleeing. But that idea was soon quashed as the priestess entered the room. "Hi." The young woman whispered, suddenly becoming extremely shy.

"Yes, I am." She spoke quietly, finally looking up. The woman approaching her was strikingly beautiful to her. Fine red hair, her attire simple but beautiful. Her eyes wandered over the woman for a moment, before she glanced back to her mother. "Yes, e-eight years." Her nerves started to creep into her speech, though she did smile at the mention of her mother's pride in her.

For a moment after the question had been raised, with Galina's heart pounding within her chest she spoke up, "O-okay." Though she couldn't help but sense that strange feeling growing stronger that something wasn't quite right and tensed against it, unsure of what it was or why it was happening. It certainly brought her level of fear that much higher.

[member="Tarissa Cadalthor"]

The Priestess looked at her kindly. There was no pity to be found in her eyes, but deep-seated, honest kindness. "Eight years...alone. My poor girl. You're a strong, brave girl to have survived. Siobhan tells me that you're great with a bow and arrows and love to read," Eileithya said softly.

She felt Galina's fear radiated through the Force. Indeed the girl looked like a deer in the headlight and she heard her heart pounding in her chest. For a moment Eileithya debated using the Force to calm her, but then decided against it. She did not want to use her powers more than necessary and using them on Galina just because her fears were troublesome seemed wrong to her. Instead she gave Galina's hand a very gentle squeeze. "I was on Sigma as well. I was a slave," she suddenly said, speaking not in Basic but in Galina's native language. With a bit of an accent, but clearly understandable,

Galina nodded slowly, recalling the times a little painfully. Being alone, she couldn't stand it now. Eight years in complete solitude, had nearly torn her soul in two, unable to really handle it she spent a lot of those times talking to herself because she had to. "Thank you." The young woman finally managed. "I am, love bows, love the weapon. Love the simplicity. And I do love to read, anything I can." Now her lips turned slightly up, smiling but faintly so.

The young redhead jump hearing her native language. She blinked twice before her mind wrapped around what the Eldorai priestess said to her. "I ... I've not heard my own language spoken in some time." Spoken in the native Sigma language, "I'm so sorry to hear you were a slave. You did not deserve that." The girl finally started to relax knowing she was in the presence of someone who had been there, who understood. For the most part, her fears were starting to melt away.

"Maybe I can provide you with some books when we're finished. You may find some interesting. And no, have no fear, Siobhan, I won't try to convert her," Eileithya joked, giving Galina a gentle smile. But then she focused her attention towards the young wildling and her past.

In response to her words she gave Eileithya a nod. "No, I did not. But...you've been through hell as well. Endured more suffering than I have. I just want you to know that when I say I understand why you're afraid and perhaps suspicious, that's the truth and not just a line to make me feel better, dear. So...are there any injuries that have been bothering you? Have you been feeling sick, dizzy, coughing or anything like that recently?"

"I'd like that." A true smile finally crossed her lips before she glanced to Siobhan, trying to give her mother a reassuring smile that she was a little less fearful that before.

"I guess that's true." Galina didn't feel like she'd been through that much more, but her perspective was perhaps a little skewed. "I just, have a bad feeling about this. That's all." The young woman finally admitted. Then at the question she paused and cocked her head to the side, thinking. "Not sick, but some things hurt." Galina finally said quietly. "My wrist here." She pointed first to her left forearm, just above her wrist. "Hurt it in wild, never really felt the same again. Still bothers me." She'd never been one to complain about her pains. In all the wrist had been a minor injury in a fall. Probably only had a hairline fracture there that healed over decently in time.

But then there was a more concerning matter. "It has always hurt here." A scarred hand from life in the wild reached up slowly and touched just above her heart. "Ever since I was young." Galina paused, "I was shot when I was little bit it was only a graze." Or so she thought. It wasn't a graze. It was a wound that never should have been ignored. But even then beyond the initial pain, it never seemed to bother her much.

"You should have told me about that. I'd have called help right away! Even if it's just a graze...," Siobhan immediately intervened, feeling very guilty for not having enquired or noticed sooner. She could kick herself for having made such an oversight. Moreover, maybe it was motherly intuition, but she had a feeling the wounds were a lot more serious than Galina thought!

Eileithya held up her hand to calm Siobhan. "Please, Siobhan, she is telling us now. It's alright."

Siobhan sighed slightly and looked contrite. "I'm sorry. I'm not angry with you, Galina. Never. It's just serious."

Eileithya put a calmning hand over Galina's wrist. Her touch was very gentle. "I can ease the pain, Galina, and make it go away. Using traditional medicine and...I have powers like your mummy. Only whereas she is a a mistress of battles, mine is the craft of healing. I will have to look at your wound and remove the bullet. I will do my utmost to make sure to ease the pain. Will you let me?"

Galina instantly turned to her mother. Panic filled her eyes, as she glanced between her mum and Eileithya. "I .. I'm sorry. Did not know. Did not think it was important. Just old wound. I was very little when it happen." The girl couldn't quite speak fast enough to complete the final word but none the less she did try. "Didn't think it was important. It's small wound." She shook her head, her eyes on the floor for a few minutes. "I ... do not think about these things, was only an ache."

It took her a moment to look up at the gentle voice, the soft gentle touch upon her wrist, got her attention at last. Her own wrist and hands were already trembling. Her breathing quickened as the young girl looked back to her very concerned mother. "I'm afraid."

Her gaze drifted back to the Priestess as the seriousness of the situation came upon her. A sigh came and went as she tried to calm herself. "If we leave it alone ... What will happen?" The redhead asked softly, fear more than evident in her voice. "If dangerous, I .. I guess there is not a choice and I will have to." Another sigh, her breathing slowing down a fair bit as she started to tame the panic that was rising. Shifting in her chair, she curled up a little tighter, with an extremely worried expression upon her face, "Yes ... I'll let you, if it is dangerous."

"It's ok, sweetie. I'm not angry. It's not your fault," Siobhan said in her most soothing tone, quickly walking to Galina and giving her a gentle hug. "I'm just worried. I need you to be safe. If this wound is serious...," she trailed off, unable to continue that train of thought. She had always been a very emotional person.

"Your mummy loves you very much, Galina. She's here for you. She won't let anything bad happen to you. Nor will I," Eileithya said, still speaking in Galina's native language. "If I have to do anything, I'll ease the pain as much as I can. Now, I need to have a look at the wound. Could you please take off your shirt, dear?" the query was spoken gently. In her heart of hearts she had the feeling that the wound was far more serious than Galina thought, but it would only make the girl even more afraid if she just acted rather than talked to her, getting the girl to relent step by step.

Galina nodded as Siobhan pulled her into a hug. The young woman holding tight for a moment as she clung to Siobhan's shirt, not quite wanting to let go. "Just afraid, mummy, just afraid." A soft sigh followed as she finally released Siobhan, "It will be fine." It might have been wishful thinking on her part, but she wanted her Mum to feel better, reassured that things would be okay.

Another sigh, "I know she does. I would not be here if not for her. She's kept me safe this far." Hearing her own language, actually understanding everything without missing a beat, helped immensely to build trust between Galina and Eileithya. The redhead's eyes dropped to the floor as she seemed to be debating her options for a moment. Stalling in truth, for she did not want to do this. Finally she looked up briefly before she sat forward in her chair and reached to the bottom of her shirt. It took a moment for the young redhead to peel it from herself soon revealing all manner of various scars from the Wildling's life. But most concerning was probably the round pock mark just above her heart with slight burn like scars around it. It certainly wasn't a graze like the redhead thought. Especially considering there was no matching exit wound on her back.

"How bad is it?" Siobhan exclaimed as she came closer and bent down. It took all her self-control to keep her composure when she saw the wound. "Good goddess, that's...that's no graze, Galina." Siobhan looked very troubled and pained. "My poor girl. We must get it out!" Sorrow and worry were strong in her voice. Her daughter was so young, but had suffered in a way no child should. It reminded her far too strongly of her own past.

"This is nasty, Galina. The bullet is still deep inside you and close to your heart. If we don't remove it it'll be lethal," Eileithya said, seeing no use in keeping the truth from the girl or coddling her. Someone who had experienced what hell Galina had would probably not like being coddled. "Galina, I need to remove the bullet. I can do so...and I promise I can ease the pain. If you let me, I can put you into a trance-like state," she held up a gentle hand marked with scars. "Nothing will happen to you, you will simply have a quiet sleep, dreaming happy things. No pain."

Galina's fears grew as she watched the expressions between the two women. Her hands shook more noticeably by the moment as she detected the worry of her mummy. "It's .... it is not?" Her voice trembling terribly at this point. "It didn't feel like anything. Just a punch." A lot of that might have had to do with the state of physical shock she was in before the girl was hit with the stray bullet. It had not been meant for her, but her father. Adrenaline had run so high that day that it was unlikely she would have felt much of anything.

It was then that the Priestess spoke up. Sucking in a few breaths, heavy and deep trying to keep calm. Eileithya had been right, the last thing the redhead wanted was to be coddled. She didn't need that after all she'd been through. Though, comfort she needed plenty. "You ... You, can ... take it out?" The girl said breathlessly, her fears so obvious. Tears had started to fall, as she'd managed to just calm her breathing down, clearly still plenty worried herself. "Please, take it out. I do not want to die." At those words she let out a soft sob, finally letting go and ceased trying to control her emotions. This was just too frightening for that, too worrisome. Some realities, like this required a few tears. Even on the front lines so long ago, she never felt like she was going to die, and never held concern for that. But perhaps she was just a naive child then, unaware of the dangers around her.

"I can and I will. I will not let you die. We will not let you die, sweetie," Eileithya spoke, compassion and caring strong in her voice. Siobhan did not stay passive but quickly pulled her daughter in a bear hug, rocking her girl against her body and stroking across her back in hopefully soothing circles. If Galina was frightened, then so was her mother. The risk of her daughter dying scared her so much that she was terrified.

Only, unlike Galina, she could not cry. Because her eyes were made of steel. "You'll be fine, Galina. Promise. You won't die. I promise," she emphasied the last word strongly.

Eileithya gave Siobhan a gentle squeeze on her shoulder and reluctantly the Countess stepped back. "Taking the bullet out will take a bit and you'll need to comfortably. Please lie down on the bed." And so she gently took Galina by the arm and guided her to the bed, making sure her head was propped up under a soft pillow. "I won't hurt you, dear," she assured her again, tone very gentle and words once again spoken in the language of Sigma. Then she called upon her powers as she willed the Force to flow through Galina, taking a deep breath. It took time, but gradually the wildling would feel herself drifting into another realm as Morpheus called her. A peaceful realm of pleasant dreams where she could be a child and not someone who had seen far too much hell, as Eileithya sought to put her into a blissful, trance-like state.

Instantly, Galina found herself clinging to Siobhan as the woman drew her into a bear hug. She didn't want to let go, not for a second. It was as if her life depended on holding to Siobhan. But eventually Siobhan released her and the young redhead allowed the Priestess to guide her towards the bed. "I believe you mummy, I do. Trust you." She did trust her mother and the wisdom she held for her.

With a heavy sigh and much worry held upon her features, Galina laid down and lifted her head to let Eileithya prop her up a little. Her gaze followed the priestess, "Okay," Though her final words to Galina were the most reassuring, hearing in her own language. Something about that made it more comforting and easier to trust the redheaded Eldorai priestess above her.

It was then she felt some strange outside influence at first and had to crush the urge to resist it. Galina knew it had to be Eileithya. It wasn't much longer and it grew harder and harder to keep her eyes open. With one last sleepy glance between the two women, Galina pulled into a deep deep sleep like state. With the help of Eileithya, peaceful dreams soon passed before her eyes. Dreams of her family on a beach somewhere, her running joyously along the sands without a care in the world. She felt free, and so much like a child. One who was making up for all the years she missed out on.

"Be at peace, dear," Eileithya said solemnly, gently stroking Galina's firemane as the redhead drifted off to sleep. "She's a lovely girl. You love her very much." It was a statement, not a question. The Priestess did not need her natural empathy to feel it.

"I do...so very much. My little angel. I want to be a good mother to her. Someone who can give her a happy life," Siobhan said feelingly, voice almost cracking with emotion.

Eileithya turned and looked at her, having clearly picked up more. "You are a good mother to her, Sio."

"You think? Really?"

Eileithya shook her head. "No, I don't think so." At that Siobhan looked crestfallen before the Priestess raised her hand. "I know you are one. Know why? The look in her eyes. The expression of happiness when you're here, the smile on her lips. You're not perfect, you have anger issues, you could be less obsessed with wealth and shiny things...but you've given her a home, safety and above all, love and a family. Someone who can hold her when she's afraid, someone to hug her. You have a heart, you care. That's what she needs."

"I...I...thanks. Thanks so much," Siobhan seemed at a loss for words as she tried to compose herself.

"Just the honest truth, sweetie. Now, let's go fix up your daughter." And with that Eileithya pulled at the tangled web of the Force as she drew its powe into her, whispering a quiet prayer to the Goddess to give her strength and keep the pain away from Galina. With her mind she focused upon the wound, narrowing her focus so that it shrunk and shrunk until it was down to celullar level. Through the Force she could 'see' the bullet. Then, very, very slowly and gently, she drew upon her power in a bid to pull it out. What energy was not focused upon this task was devoted to keeping the pain away from Galina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom