Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Two to Tango

T R A I N I N G D A Y
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png
Wearing: xxx
Arm: xxx
Longsuffering, the word had many possible meanings, but the one which applied most to the current situation Justice found himself in was anxious anticipation. For some reason time seemed to be moving by all too slow. Hollis had agreed to meet him for a joint training session, but rather than be excited about it, Justice was nervous.​
He was nervous because his arm would be exposed, something that anyone got to see. He was nervous because he liked her and maintaining some kind of image seemed to matter. All he could focus on were all the reasons he could possibly have to feel embarrassed. With every ounce of hope he had, Justice wished that everything would go well.​
If only the clock would move faster. It was his fault for arriving fifteen minutes early to ensure the room he reserved would not be taken by anyone else. Ever since the Jedi occupied the temple on Coruscant once more the rooms were getting used for all kinds of things. Just was even sure he was in the room that had been reserved for the last party he attended.​
That was ironic.​
His eyes watched the door, intently.​
“Relax, Lesan,” he said to himself as he turned away from the door. “It’s not like you asked her out on a fancy date or something. It’s just a friendly workout.”
Right because his motives had been completely innocent when he rambled his way through finding an excuse to spend more time with her. Hollis was a new padawan so it was not like their paths would cross often without some intention. Justice liked her, and he knew how busy life in the temple could be. Just because it seemed quiet now, it did not guarantee a quiet tomorrow.​
It was rough, but Justice started to walk through the forms he had learned from his uncle, who got them from his master. Justice had no idea how long they had been passed down, but they were the only thing he could find to help him calm down. That was one thing Justice had in common with every Lesan before him, he could not meditate worth a darn.​

T R A I N I N G (D A T E)
GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png
Outfit: xxx
Hollis paced in the hallway outside the door to the training room.​
She paused and offered a nervous smile as a few other Jedi moved past her, each giving her a curious look as they went. Dressed in athletic wear, it was obvious that she was going to train… So why wasn’t she going in?​
Well, she was about five minutes early. Actually… she’d arrived twenty minutes early. When she’d first peeked into the training room, it was empty. Of course she hadn’t really expected Justice to be there that early, but she was just excited to see him. So, with her time to spare, she’d visited the mess hall and had a cup of tea. She probably ought to have grabbed a quick snack, but she didn’t want to train on a full stomach. Or… was it better to train on a full stomach rather than an empty one?​
Hollis hadn’t seen Justice since the party. Well, actually… she’d seen him from afar, but they hadn’t gotten the chance to talk the day she met his Uncle Judah. She reached up and placed a palm against her cheek, feeling the warmth rise just like it did that day when she’d talked about him…​
Justice is really nice and we seem to get along pretty well, is what she’d said. And he’s cute, too.
She cringed. Hollis really hoped that Judah hadn’t said anything.​
After another minute or two, Hollis finally collected herself and reached for the door handle. As she pulled open the door, she caught a glimpse of Justice already practicing. Quiet steps brought her inside and to the edge of the mat.​
“Hi,” she said and gave him a friendly little wave.​
“You started without me?” she asked with an amused smile. “I know I’m not late.”

T R A I N I N G D A Y
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

Justice heard the door close shut, but it was not until Hollis had said hello that his forms were interrupted. He plush and chuckled a bit when she accused him of starting without him, and shook his head vehemently.

“No, no… I was um…”

Just did not know what to say. Either he would tell her the truth which would make him look bad, or he was about to lie and that could look worse. He sighed. There was no good way out of this one so, the truth it was going to be.

“...a bit nervous and I use the forms to calm down.”

And there it was. If Hollis needed any confirmation that Justice had a crush on her, it was all right there in front of her. Of course if she was not observant enough to pick up on it, then Justice might have the smallest of chances to wiggle out of it. There was the chance she liked him too. She did agree to meet him, and she showed up.

“My uncle taught them to me when he realized I was having a hard time meditating. I can’t really focus my mind long enough to actually keep it calm. The movements help to focus on something.”

Maybe she would relate, maybe Hollis would not understand at all. Regardless it was the only answer he really had to it all. That was about when he got a good look at the woman and realized her training outfit was very flattering and hugged her curves in a way he had not seen yet, considering they had just met.

Justice suddenly became self conscious of his arm. The shirt he was wearing did not just expose it, but from the right angle Hollis would see where it ended and his chest began. The sheepish smile suddenly vanished as his left hand involuntarily began to rub the metal arm. He did not even know he was doing it.

“So ummm where should we start?”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
“Oh, no, it's okay --” Hollis started to say and held her hands up slightly as if to say 'no harm done, I was only teasing.' But Justice went on to provide her with a very honest answer. A soft smile formed on her lips.​
He was nervous? Was he nervous for the same reason that she was nervous? Her heart was fluttering about in her chest. Hollis' face grew warm, surely there was a rosy tint to her cheeks now.​
“I'd love to learn some of the moves,” she said. “I can't focus either... I think the masters are getting tired of telling me to focus.” Hollis chuckled and a bright smile remained... but soon faded when she saw Justice rubbing his arm. Indeed his tank top showed much more of his arm than she'd seen before.​
Hollis instantly dropped her bag to the floor and was at Justice's side. “A-are you alright?” she asked, looking at him with concern written on her face. “I remember you said that you hurt your arm when we were on Tython...” Without thinking, her hand reached for him, gently resting upon his shoulder – if he didn't mind. “I felt bad about that. It was my fault for falling on you."
She looked down for a moment to see their shoes standing so close.​
Her dark eyes returned to focus on Justice, and she realized that she was leaning towards him. Hollis' lashes fluttered with the realization, and she backed off slightly... not wanting to crowd him.​

Last edited:

T R A I N I N G D A Y
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

“Really, I mean that’s cool.”

Justice did not know too many outside the Lesan family which still used the forms, at least not in the way they did. There was Auntie Bri, the blue skinned Twi’lek Justice had met on a few occasions. There seemed to be a special connection between her and Judah, one that went beyond friendship, but seemed more… familial.

There was a genuine excitement from Justice that Hollis wanted to learn the forms. The start would be a bit delayed as her eyes drifted toward his arm. For a moment Just was nervous that she might say something about it, but instead she seemed apologetic. He shook his head when she asked about it.

“No, it’s okay. The arm was as much an excuse to not tell you I was grounded after Tython. My master thought leading you into that forge was a little reckless. I mean I am not a Knight yet, and you could have been hurt and..."

He looked at Hollis with an apologetic look.

"I'm not the cool and altogether Jedi all the time, but I am ready for my trials. Just wish my master saw it too. And don't worry about my arm. You falling on it actually exposed a problem with the engineering. Had you not, it could have been worse so I should be thanking you for falling on top of me."

Just paused. That could have been taken differently. He wondered if Hollis would take it any differently than he intended it. Had he not liked her so much the padawan would not have been so self-aware of what he was saying. Just chuckled a little then moved to take the opening stance for the form.

"So you want to stand like this. I promise this will help you focus because you have to think about the moves, but then also the meaning behind them."

GADivider-Purple.png
Glu563D.png

Hollis' expression continued to soften as Justice spoke. Most of the masters she'd met had something of a stern way about them, very serious. In her head, she could almost imagine the 'talking-to' Justice had had because of their adventure on Tython.

She still felt bad.

However, she brightened when he mentioned that the fall had actually exposed an issue that he'd been able to correct. Her smile returned, and she almost made a joke about falling on on top of him again in the future. But she actually thought before saying it and bit her lip accordingly. "Well, you're welcome, then," she said, her tone light-hearted.

Now that they had that awkward stuff out of the way, Justice assumed the opening stance for the form. Hollis fixed her hair up into a high ponytail and took at him before trying to assume the pose for herself. "Okay," 'she said, nodding. "I like where this is going – anything that can help me out here." Hollis chuckled.

"You mentioned your Uncle taught this to you?" she asked, glancing to the side to see Justice. "I met him the other day." She smiled, thinking for a moment that Justice and Judah were not alike at all... at least from what she'd seen of the two. Though, for some reason, she could also tell they were related.

"He had some wise words for me."

T R A I N I N G D A Y
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

“Okay well to be fair, I mean it is not quite the same thing as meditating, but it accomplishes the same thing,” Justice said with a shrug.

He was not sure exactly how helpful this would be with other areas, but Justice knew that this was the only thing that could help him to remain calm, and focus on his breathing. His mind was always racing, just like any Lesan he knew. It was hard to quiet his thoughts to focus on the force around him. There was maybe something else Hollis needed to be warned about.

“So ummm… there is a possibility this will help you focus enough that you see things about the people you are doing the forms with. Not anything bad or whatever, but kinda in a force sense kinda way. Not sure if you’ve ever seen another Jedi’s aura before…”

As Hollis came up alongside him she mentioned meeting Judah. It nearly made him freeze in his tracks.

“He didn’t tell you anything about me did he?”

Right Lesan way to go! You just blurted that out.

Justice smiled a bit nervously.

“Good advice. Yeah. He helped me come to terms with… well with the arm. As much as being a Lesan really stresses me out, he isn’t all that bad.”

Justice wanted to ask about the advice, but then he thought better of it. She would tell him if she wanted to, and well, Justice did not intend for this to be their last meeting. He liked Hollis, he was just looking for the opportunity to tell her without just blurting it out like a fool. He had to have at least one smooth moment in him or something.

Another moment passed and Justice assumed the ready position again. He began the form, taking it slow so Hollis could mimic the movements. They could talk as they needed to. Justice was not in a hurry.​

GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis nodded when Justice explained that practicing forms together might open the door, so to speak, to force sense. She'd had glimpses of other Jedi auras, a fellow padawan had formed a connection with her to enable them to speak telepathically. But she had a feeling this would be different.

She brought up a hand to cover a small giggle when Justice blurted out his question about her meeting with his uncle. Hollis smiled at him and shook her head, "he didn't have any embarrassing stories about you." Mostly, they'd talked about her feelings about Justice – a subject she'd bring up... later, maybe.

Judah's advice was very much on her mind lately.

Glancing to the side, Hollis watched as Justice assumed the pose. Drawing a deep breath, she did it alongside him. Her gaze would flicker towards him several times to make sure she was doing it right... but she didn't let her eyes linger for too long. Even though it was very tempting. So, she decided to continue to conversation let she get distracted.

"Being a Lesan," she echoed him. "Why is it stressful? Lots of expectations?"

She was curious, especially having met Judah now.

T R A I N I N G D A Y
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

A sigh of relief escaped the lips of the young padawan at the news Judah had no embarrassing stories to tell of him. It did prompt the question of what they had discussed, but again, Justice thought better not to pry. Perhaps he would have a few months ago, but since the incident with his arm the young Jedi had learned that space is not just needed, often a certain amount of it was required.

Justice moved to the next step as Hollis followed. His eyes kept looking to make sure she was keeping up with him. The last thing he wanted to do was get too far ahead. It seemed she was able to focus on each step so far. It caused a small chuckle to escape his lips as they continued their steps.

“Stress that is of my own making maybe. You really don’t know anything about my family do you?”

It was a rhetorical question. Even if Hollis wanted to answer verbally there would have been no time before Justice explained.

“So the Lesan family goes as far back as the Old Republic. Granted that Lesan was kicked out of the Jedi Order because he fell in love with a fellow master and married her. Then there is my uncle. He has been fighting Sith since he was my age. One victory on Korriban and everyone from that particular Jedi enclave give him the title Hero of Korriban. It’s a thing.”

“His son JJ joined, my other cousin joined. I’m like the fourth Lesan in as many years. All of the others came in with some level of skill or strength in the force. I came in knowing these forms. I couldn’t jump, run, focus. At least combat was decent. I could not be a good Lesan if I didn’t know my way around a blade.”

Justice looked at Hollis. He was rambling again and he knew it.

“Sorry… I’m rambling again. You uh… doing okay so far?”

GADivider-Purple.png
Glu563D.png

Hollis shook her head, she really didn't know anything about the Lesan family – or any Jedi family for that matter. It did seem like his family line was well steeped in Jedi culture. For a moment, she tried to imagine what it would be like. Then, she realized it was actually much the same in her family... but different.

"I'm doing fine," she said. "I think I'm getting the hang of it."

She grinned at him.

"I come from a line of Artisans, we're Naboo," she said. "Arts and culture are big. My father is a master wood craftsman and my mother is a painter. I took classes in all arts – painting, pottery, sculpting, music... baking... I tried singing, too, but, uh..." Hollis laughed. "I'm not very good."

A sidelong glance at Justice made her pause for a moment to make sure she was keeping up.

"I actually wanted to be a handmaiden when I was young. My parents indulged me and let me try, but I... didn't pass the physical examination." A bashful blush colored her face. "Then, I met a Jedi, and he broke the news to my parents that I could train to be a Jedi, too. They weren't thrilled... But they did let me do some training with him before he left Naboo." It was her turn to ramble now. "They said I was to wait until I could make a decision for myself, so here I am."

Hollis couldn't fault her parents for being uneasy about her becoming a Jedi. As she'd learned, it was not the safest lifestyle.

"Anyway, I'm glad I chose this,"
she said, breathing a content sigh. Her eyes were on Justice again. "And I got to meet you! That's probably the best part."

T R A I N I N G D A Y
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png
“Naboo! Uncle Judah still owns a winery on Naboo. It was supposed to be a retirement project for him and my aunt, but when she passed he lost his interest in running it.”
It was an interesting connection at least. Justice was nowhere near as artistic as Hollis or her family seemed to be. He did understand that her parents would want her to wait until she was old enough to make a decision for herself, but on the other hand it had left her handicapped. Yes, there were older padawans joining all the time, but starting younger always helped. Justice could not imagine how far behind he would be had he not started when he did.​
“Artsy type, but not the kind to get too physical. Got it.”
Justice was attempting to tease, even though he was not sure how it was going to be taken. It was his way of summing up all the rambling she had finished, but the Corellian loved it. He was known for his own, and it was good to know that there was someone else out there that not only understood him, but shared in the occasional quirk as well.​
It was his turn to blush noticeably when Hollis suggested it was a good thing she chose the Jedi, that it allowed them to meet, and that it was the best part. He nodded, trying to push the color from his cheeks as if he could will it away.​
He could not.​
“I’m glad too. You know I was on Ossus before this. Coruscant was not where I started training. There was a group of padawans and we did everything together. That’s when the thing with the arm happened. I was nervous when my path forward led me here, but if I had stayed…”
Just paused as he finished the final steps of the form. He let his eyes find those of his training partner. A hesitant step closed the distance between them ever so slightly. It was almost unnoticeable and yet it felt like a giant leap.​
“...we would not be here now.”
Justice nervously cleared his throat deciding whether he should move closer or take a step back. He had never really dated anyone before and the last girl he liked had never really given him the time of day when it came to reciprocating any perceived feelings. It was all new to the young Lesan.​
“So truth,” Just asked sheepishly before just continuing, “I asked you to train because I wanted an excuse past the party to see you. I’m starting to think I should have asked you to dinner instead.”

GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png
"Really?" she asked, pausing for a moment and canting her head to the side. Well, that was an interesting development! Smiling, she resumed the forms, picking up where Justice was. Hollis really did love Naboo, and she was a bit homesick for it. A winery, she could already imagine it in the pastoral countryside, maybe even near the lake country. Though, there was a pang of sadness for Master Judah and his retirement plans that never came to be.

When Justice called her the artsy-type, Hollis let out a good-natured laugh and nodded. "Yep, that's me alright."

After her small confession, Hollis bit the inside of her cheek. Had that been a bit too much? Her eyes were on the mat as they finished the final steps. And though it had not been physically demanding, her heart was pounding something fierce when Justice spoke. Their eyes met, and she let him hold her gaze.

He edged forward, and so did she.

There was maybe an arm's length between them now. When he admitted that he'd asked her to train so that he could see her again, a noticeable warmth spread across her face (and perhaps her force presence, too). "I was hoping you'd ask," she said, sheepishly. "and I'm free tonight," she blurted out, a bit eagerly. "...If you want to grab dinner."

Hollis looked away for a moment, hardly able to contain how excited she was. "Is it... a date?" she asked, letting her eyes find Justice again and fix him in a hopeful glance.

T R A I N I N G D A Y
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Okay so waiting for Hollis to answer his question felt like an eternity. Justice could feel the color burning into his cheeks, and if she waited any longer the color might become permanent. What felt like forever had actually been about four seconds as Hollis seemed to already know what she wanted. Justice found himself smiling at her answer and the eagerness with which it was given.

“Tonight, yeah, I’m free.”

Justice was clearly trying to play it cool even though he was grinning from ear to ear like a cheshire cat. He could only imagine how stupid happy he looked as the emotion radiated deep within him. There was only one thing which had ever made him feel as close to being as happy as he was right now. Justice was not used to being happy unless he was on some dig, so the situation felt foreign. It was not unwelcome, however.

The question left to be answered was whether he had just asked her out on a date. Before Justice could really give any kind of thought to it he was shaking his head affirmatively. Why would it be anything else? Sure he supposed they could go as friends, but she was pretty, and he was interested in seeing if they could be more than friends.

“A date, yeah, I mean… if you want it to be. I was totally thinking it would be, but if you aren’t interested in me that way then it can be as friends or whatever.”

He chuckled, knowing he was rambling. Justice took one deep breath in and breathed it out slowly.

“But… I really would like it to be a date,” he finished.

It was kind of out there, but what more was there to say, other than to pick a place and time. Justice definitely did not want to stay at the temple. The food in the cafeteria was not good, and it was definitely not private. Maybe they could figure it out while they ran through the form again, or maybe Just needed to drop the whole notion of it being a training thread and make some kind of huge romantic gesture.

What would Uncle Judah do… yeah… maybe that was not the question to be asking.​

GADivider-Purple.png
Glu563D.png

Justice may have been trying to play it cool, but Hollis didn't bother. She'd already accepted that she was a bit of a dork. And it seemed that he still liked her. She clasped her hands under her chin in anticipation of his answer. She couldn't imagine it not being a date at this point, but she breathed a tiny sigh of relief just the same.

"Yes, please," she said, still grinning. "I'd like it to be a date, too."

There it was, the cards were all on the table now. Like him, she wanted to see if their friendship became something more. Hollis had a feeling about him, one that she'd never experienced before. Something like a sense of closeness, she supposed, it was difficult to describe. And of course, she'd already admitted – although, not to Justice himself – that he was cute. The scar on his face added just the right bit of a rugged edge to his look.

"Dinner. Tonight," she said, repeating what little of the details they'd managed to work out. Hollis' lashes fluttered in his direction, but she soon glanced away sheepishly. What should I wear? Outfits were already being assembled in her mind. Where should we go? Hollis had no idea if there were any good places to eat near the temple. What should we do? A nice walk in a park might be nice, she thought. Was he going through the same thing in his mind?

"Shall we continue?" Hollis assumed the opening stance again, prepared to move through the tranquil motions of the forms... maybe it would help calm her enough to think straight.

T R A I N I N G D A Y
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

"Well, it's a date then," Justice nodded. "Pick you up at seven?"

Just was not sure if he was asking or making a statement in that moment. It was just how it happened on all the holofilms, and they were never wrong about how to do such things… right? Hollis saved the moment by deciding to jump right back into their forms where they could discuss the details of their evening.

It was not too difficult to settle on the idea of something outside the temple. They were on Coruscant after all, and if the pair could not find anything to agree upon on the city planet they were doomed. Justice guessed he knew the planet about as well as Hollis. Both of them were new to the temple, and Justice had never set foot on it's platforms until the New Jedi Order resettled the temple.

At least Hollis seemed to pick up the rest of the movements well enough. A few more sessions and she would be a natural. Or was she already because she was picking it up quickly? Justice was not too focused on the moment as he was the date to follow. He has no idea what to wear, or what he was even doing. It's not like the Jedi had been on one before and he was nervous, incredibly nervous.

After they parted ways to get ready, Justice took a quick shower and just stared at the very Jedi attire which dominated his closet.

"Right… I'm going to need new clothes."

There was the party outfit, but she'd already seen him in that. That would have been a no go. The best he had was an extremely casual look, one which made him look more like a smuggler than a upstanding kid. It didn't really matter. There was no time to get picky. Justice threw it on and met Hollis at the agreed upon location with his speeder bike.

He leaned against the vehicle as he waited for Hollis to arrive. The entertainment district was going to be busy, but it was where all the best places were. Justice wanted to impress, and there was no better place than that. To say that he was nervous was an understatement.​

GADivider-Purple.png
Glu563D.png

After they parted ways at the training room, Hollis practically skipped back to her room and started counting down until seven o'clock. She'd started freshening up by taking a shower, doing her hair and makeup, and the hardest bit... choosing an outfit.

She'd ended up going through her closet, which did feature quite a lot of street clothes. Jedi attire wasn't yet a thing in her wardrobe. Once she'd settled on a sweater and skirt, she tried on shoes. She'd kicked off several pairs as she rushed around her room. Luckily, he wasn't picking her up here... because it was a huge mess.

Hollis had been out on dates before, but she'd never really dated anyone.

For some reason, the few guys that had asked her out failed to call her after the first or second date. She didn't know why, but she had a feeling it was because of her clumsy, awkward nature. From a distance, maybe she looked like a sophisticated Naboo – but she wasn't graceful like most were. Anyway, she'd never felt much of a connection – not like this.

Hollis realized she had about five minutes until she was supposed to meet Justice. Time dragged and then it suddenly disappeared. She grabbed her purse and flew out the door. Her heart fluttered at the thought of seeing him. Quick steps brought her out to the meeting place, where she found Justice leaning against a speeder bike.

"Hi Justice," she said, smiling and blushing a bit.

A ride did sound quite exciting, but then she realized she was wearing a skirt. Oh. Well, she'd have to ride side-saddle to keep from being unladylike. Then, another rush of warmth made the blush on her face a bit more noticeable. On a speeder bike, they would be close together. And her arms around him. A few steps later she closed the distance between him and stood at his side.

"Nice ride," she smiled. "Where are we headed?"

D A T E N I G H T
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Okay so Hollis was gorgeous. For a moment Justice felt like he needed to pinch himself to wake up from a dream. Losing his arm and the scar on his face had not helped his self-esteem any when it came to the idea of dating. He was still trying to convince himself that Hollis had actually said yes, and now that she was standing right in front of him, he was silently dumbfounded.

Words Lesan… use your words…

“You look great,” he said while his eyes gave her a good look up and down before stopping at the skirt.

He grinned when she complimented the ride. Justice had not factored her wearing a skit at all, otherwise he would have warned her that all he had was the bike. Justice blushed a little as he thanked her. She was going to have to sit side saddle for the ride, and he hoped that she could hold on tight.

“Entertainment district if that’s okay. There is a place, I am told, which does a real killer authentic Naboo style.”

A little taste of home, which would land really well or flop bug time. Based on the way Hollis talked about her home planet, Just was confident it was a sound choice. Maybe it would help her miss her family a little less. It was hard to leave everything behind. Had Justice experienced a better childhood he may have felt the same. As it was, a dead brother, and an Imperial upbringing, did nothing to drive Justice to his mother’s house.

He offered Hollis a helping hand, and when it was clear she was ready to go, Justice revved the bike engine. Before long they were off, mixed in with the city traffic. An enthusiastic shout was let out as they sped around a couple of corners. A bit of the Corellian side of the young Lesan was coming out in how he handled the bike and the pace he took. Hopefully Hollis was fine with the speed, but he was fully prepeared to slow down if she asked him to.

Parking seemed pretty easy enough, even if it was out of sight expensive. The Entertainment district was not exactly the most budget friendly place on a Jedi salary, but Justice was determined to impress the brunette beauty that had agreed to dinner.

“Here we are,” he said, helping her off the bike. “Ladies first.”

GADivider-Purple.png
Glu563D.png

"Thanks," Hollis said, blushing noticeably at the compliment. A hand came up to gently tuck a few strands of hair securely behind her ear – it was maybe also an attempt to hide just how red her face probably was.

She perked up even more when he mentioned a restaurant that had Naboo style cuisine. "That sounds lovely," she said, nodding. She flashed him a quick look as if to say 'nicely done.' Hollis was already imagining what sort of items would be on the menu. And most importantly, which desserts would be available.

Reaching out, she took the proffered hand and hopped aboard. She'd never been on the back of a speeder bike before. Sitting side-saddle, she automatically put her arms around Justice's midsection. As he started the bike up and revved the engine, Hollis held tight and put the side of her face against his back. She let out a tiny cry of surprise as they sped through the city, but Hollis laughed, too. It was quite exhilarating.

Hollis accepted the help down from the bike when they arrived. "That was fun," she said as she smoothed out the front of her skirt and then ran her fingers through her hair. Hopefully it looked artfully windblown and not a total mess. If he reached for her hand, she'd let him -- without even a thought. She was comfortable around Justice.

"Is it far?" she asked, glancing up at him.

She wouldn't mind a walk, even in the heeled shoes she was wearing. It just meant they got to spend more time together.

Last edited:

D A T E N I G H T
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

“Not far,” Justice smiled, realizing his choice had gotten him some points with Hollis.

The scenery was nothing like what Justice was used to. Street performers lined the platforms and the walkways angling for whatever amount of credits they could find. Some were pretty talented while others should reconsider their calling in life. It was fun, easy to get caught up in. Without realizing it, Justice reached for Hollis’ hand. At first Justice felt a little embarrassed, but they were on a date after all. Maybe she would think it was okay.

When they arrived at the place Justice had picked it was fairly obvious. The edifice looked like typical Naboo architecture, which was beautiful. There was something historic about it which seemed to stand the test of time. For a moment Just was lost in the scenery, but finally came out of it when the hostess asked if they had a reservation.

“Oh. yes… Lesan for two.”

“Right this way,” the hostess said before leading the pair to a small table close to the back window.

The view was incredible. Coruscant traffic lit up the night sky, as did the many buildings which peaked above the horizon. Just watched Hollis’ face, waiting for her reaction at the sights. He had called ahead to arrange the table and a bottle of his uncle’s best wine. It was Naboo faire after all, and it made perfect sense.

Just poured two glasses. The liquid was a dark red color as Judah and Katara had been lovers of a good Corellian Merlot. Using fruit grown on Naboo the pair had made their own version of it with the local twist of the planet of origin. He smiled as he raised up his glass to offer a toast.

“To the prettiest padawan to ever knock me into a secret cave.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom