Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Hunters Hunting

Rhodia | Mid-Morning | [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"]
HWiLlPs.png
Taste the freedom the forest provides.
Another day, another planet. Once again the forest called, once again it was different to the forest back home. Tall trees with extensive canopies shaded her from the heat the sun beat down. Through the gaps in the leaves bright shards of light cast down onto the forest floor. Each time she walked through one she felt a wave of warmth spreading through her soul. The forest had always been home. Alvida drew a deep breath of humid air, filling her lungs with the scents the forest provided. If all planets in the Galaxy were like this one her people were missing out. A whole planet covered head to toe in thick jungle spreading as far as the eye could see, to Alvida it was pure bliss. The wolf inside her agreed too. Too long had it been since it had the chance to break forth from the confines of her body, it was getting impatient. Her feet crunched against the undergrowth as she traversed the depths of the forest. Though she was not desperate, the call of the forest egged her on and the voices in her head begged her to shift.

A break in the never ending sea of trees provided the perfect opportunity for Alvida to do just as the wolf commanded. The clearing was large enough and secluded enough to bring her some peace while the change began. Still a young wolf, it took more than a few minutes for her natural form to break free. Another deep breath. Another torrent of unfamiliar scents that sent her mind reeling. Just as she settled her mind to begin the process a sharp instinct drove her to stop. It is not safe here, you are not alone. Alvida wafted the air beside her ear, desperate to rid herself of the voices who ordinarily would not put a stop to the shift. She tried again, bringing her mind to a complete standstill and clearing it of any lingering thoughts. LISTEN TO US, YOU ARE NOT SAFE. A bright flash of light crossed her eyes and temporarily rendered her blind.

When her vision faded in again the forest she stood in stretched out before her. The world shook, images passed through her mind quicker than light speed. A flash of orange fire in his eyes, dark coloured skin moving swiftly with the wind, the wolf howling to the moon. The short glimpse into the future disappeared almost as suddenly as it had begun. Alvida understood now. There was someone else in the forest. Digging her heel into the soft ground beneath her, she span lightly to face the direction she had entered the clearing from. Wild sea-foam eyes scanned the tree line rapidly, searching and searching for the man from her vision.

I am a son of the Mountain.
test5.png

My son.

Baba?

Have you forgotten the old ways, To'kola?

No Baba.

Then go, and hunt.

Yes, Father.

The jungle rushed around To'kola. It was a familiar sight, maybe even one he had gotten used to in the past few months. He spent most of his off time hunting, scouring the jungles of Rodia and Kashyyyk for decent game. He was not usually disappointed. He was massive, but still he moved with speed that was staggering, especially for his size. The branches he leaped on were firm, strong enough to support him. The vines, which flew to his hand through his command of The Force never weakened under him. His breathing was stressed, but even, and in the light of day his bronze skin seemed to shine in the parts of the jungle where light bled through the canopy of trees. He swung, from branch to branch until finally....

He slammed into the hard, cold ground that was the jungle floor. His hand outstretched over it, the hood he had been wearing fell low over his eyes. When he looked up, burning orbs pierced through the shadow of the cowl. He peeled the hood back over his neck, before allowing his lips to form a happy smirk. The Force flowed through him, granting him sight of his target, even now. He'd been traveling for an hour, listening to the howl of the old gods and walking their path. Now, they had led him to his prey.

To'kola wore a leather tunic and trousers. Although the tunic was barely that. It was more akin to a vestment, made from various leather straps woven tightly together. The thick woven cloak he wore was growing hot, so he shrugged it off, allowing his arms and legs to breathe for the first time in hours.

He glanced around, careful of the leaves that littered the ground. He'd used The Force to quiet his landing, but touching even a single leaf would expose him. Slowly his arm reached back for the spear on his back. It was short, with a wooden hilt. The entire weapon was just over a meter in length. He leveled the spear in his hands, eyes peering up to the nearby trees that surrounded him. He licked his lips, drawing moisture back into them, damn he was thirsty. He stayed down in a kneeling position, eyes locked on a single tree. It seemed plain, holding nothing of value, but To'kola could see beyond the surface.

Without hesitation he brought his arm back, throwing the spear with a loud grunt. The sound echoed out as the spear flew. It frightened a number of avians in the area, causing them to take flight. They flew to the skies with a terrified rush. All but one. When he looked back up, To'kola was proud to see one of the creatures, a very large one, pinned to the tree by Heartseeker. The man jutted a fist into the air, while smirking at his accomplishment. "Damn right." He muttered, before making his way over to the tree's base.

Something caused the man to pause. The Force washed over him as it frequently did. This time it brought something back, something that caused the man to peer out into the dark unknown. His nose took in a deep draw of the winds flowing through the trees and his sunburnt eyes darkened. Something was hunting him.

Rhodia | Mid-Morning | [member=Cardinal Vi'dreya]
HWiLlPs.png

What are you waiting for, little wolf? Find him.

Hesitation was not something Alvida had never been party too. Often she found herself laughing at the people who gave the time of day to hesitation. So it was, with no short amount of confidence, she kicked the leather wraps off her feet and abandoned them behind her. Bare feet would allow her to move swiftly and silently through the forest. There was a follow up temptation to simply shrug the heavy woollen dress free from her shoulders as well, but whoever she had envisioned might not react to kindly too it. For now this would have to do. Before she took her first step her sea-foam eyes closed tight and her chest expanded as her instincts kicked in. A deep breath of air drawn from the forest surrounding her told her little of the man she was looking for, in fact it told very little indeed. The wind was blowing the wrong way. She cursed silently to the God of Misfortune and began the journey to seek out her target. Despite her lack of guidance she knew that her feet would carry her in the right direction, she just had to get them started.

One after the other they began the journey, through the forest the way they had originally come. She knew the path well, even went so far as to tread in the footsteps she had made previously. Considering the little knowledge she possessed on her goal Alvida thought caution was perhaps best. The nearer she drew the more she could hear. could hear his breathing, hear the blood as it rushed through his veins, hear the sound of his heart with each steady beat it made. With baited breath she pulled up her frame up and walked on the tips of her toes, her weight sinking her slowly into the soft earth with each step. What she could not hear was the sound of movement, had he stopped entirely? What was he waiting for? Her brows furrowed as she stood silently for a minute, the cogs in her brain slowly whirring over the din of a hundred voices. She wished they would keep quiet, it was hard to concentrate.

Tendrils of her magic lashed out from her soul, threading their way through the thick growth of trees to the source of her attention. Now, not only could she hear his heart beat, she could feel it rushing against her skin. Once again she attempted to draw in a fresh lungful of jungle air. This time the humid breath came with a scent all but unfamiliar to the little wolf, but a scent none the less. There was something else in the air too. A smell of foreign blood like nothing she had ever known before, it seemed like she wasn't the only one who fancied a hunt today. On top of all that she could feel his power. This one was strong and not to be messed with, but that was never Alvida's way. She would mess with him regardless. 'Who are you to wonder through my woods so willingly?' Her thick accent called out to the wind, hoping it would catch and carry far enough to reach his ears, all the while continuing to move ever closer.

test5.png

The woods spoke to Cardinal, no matter the world they told him what he asked. He lowered himself to the ground, pressing his palm into the earth. The soil was cool to his fingers and gave him a small bit of relief, though he could not relish it, not now. His free hand rose, extended with open fingers reaching out expectantly. He could hear the footsteps. Soft, even, they had walked these woods before. The spear that had been embedded in the tree, spearing the prey he had been hunting, flew to him along a certain path. The wooden hilt slapped into his hand as he closed his eyes, searching for the truth only the Forest could provide. She was lithe, elegant in her own way, but there was a fire within her breast and it would consume… Slowly, he laid the spear's slick blade on his shoulder, still keeping his head bowed to Focus on the pulse of the Force.

A voice called out to him. With the wind it fell over him, causing his eyes to open and rise to see the woman who approached him. Her words were challenging, making his blood hot. His temper was bad these days. He could not explain it, nor did he seek to understand it. The Sandali blood within him stirred, washing through him and reminding him who he was and what he was capable of. Cardinal did not speak. Instead he stood, in sharp motion he took to his feet while taking a step forward. With blinding speed, his spear flew. Guided by the Force, it was carried across the lush green, directly at the woman who challenged him. Heartseeker was a small blade, damningly invisible. It would be hard for the keenist of eyes to spot it. Still it would fly towards this woman, slamming into a tree only inches away from her.

Cardinal's eyes were hard and they burned as if a fury was behind them. Still, his body was relaxed, composed against this newcomer. There was even the slight traces of a smirk on the corner of his lips. “Who are you to interrupt my hunt?” He returned to the woman, his eyes never once moving from her form. She would feel the weight of The Force fall on her, wash over her as Cardinal probed her, searching for intent and those precious thoughts that danced on the surface of the mind.

[member="Alvida Osulf"]

HWiLlPs.png

Be cautious, he is stronger than he seems.

Alvida could make him out clearly now, her wolf-like eyes pierced through the thick foliage and found the source of the bright orange eyes from her vision. A whoosh of air and a powerful wave of magic made her stop dead in her tracks. The only indication she was given that her call to the wind was heard happened to be the sound getting closer and closer each passing second. The voices urged her, pleaded her, begged her to stay exactly where she was. Silent and still. It was a good thing she listened as moments later the almost deafening crunch of bark made her head snap to her left. For a moment surprise took hold of her entirely, the only reason she happened to break free of it was the sound of his voice travelling through the forest.

Alvida laughed. She liked him. She liked anyone who was willing to play along. 'Who is to say it is me interrupting the hunting? Perhaps it is you who has disturbed me.' A low growl sat in the depths of her throat, a sound no woman of her height or stature had any right to make. His tone was sharp and hers answered in kind. She had no doubt that if they fought she would likely be on the loosing side but there were no intentions to let it come to that. Alvida slid her hand along the smoothed handle of the spear. She had never seen such a curious weapon before. Her mind reeled with ideas of how it could be put to use, or how difficult it might be to use. Her thick accent suddenly switched from mild aggression to child-like curiosity. 'What an interesting choice. You use only one hand for this I am thinking? Where is the bow you shot it from?' Alvida moved swiftly, like a river trickling its way down a mountain side.

In one fell swoop she pulled the tip of the spear free from the tree trunk to test the weight of it in her palm. 'It is heavy...' Now she had the weapon firmly grasped in her hand she took a moment to close her eyes and reach out with her power to explore the strange contraption. '...and has strange magics attached to it.' The blade swung low and narrowly missed slicing her thigh clean open as it came to rest against it. 'It seems strange to me that you would throw your weapon at someone you consider a threat. Especially as I see you have no other.' Her head tilted curiously as she stared into the bright orange flame his eyes seemed to hold.

test5.png

Crossing his arms over his shoulder chest, Cardinal was careful in how he eyed the woman before him. Still, he allowed the Force to push from his form and spread over hers. He would entrap her in a thousand eyes of the Force that would search through her very being. Even with his blade implanted in the tree so far from him, he was far from defenseless. He projected a field of control, superiority even. However his muscles were still slack, rested when they should be tight and prepared for what could come. The song of her laughter caused his smirk to widen, ever so slightly. She had a sweet laugh to her, sure, but still he could sense the feral intent that spread through her.

He liked her accent. It was different, true. As she spoke he watched her hand play along the haft of his spear. She had never seen a spear such as that before. There was no surprise there, that weapon was unique to the Sandali and their successor tribes.

I didn't use a bow. I threw it. The weapon's ability to be so flexible is what makes it so useful.” He explained, her tone of curiosity doing nothing to set him truly at ease. When the woman spoke of the magics attached to Hearseeker, he simply nodded silently in return. He could not fully explain the ways The Force had been twisted around that weapon, because he had not been there when it was created. Still, it was a powerful blade, especially for it's size.

The way she moved and spoke, she must have been a warrior. “If I thought you were a threat, it would be in your throat, not on a tree.” He said, smiling with a slightly wry smile.

What is your name?” He asked, tilting his head to the side. He had an inquisitive look about him, still he made no attempt to answer the woman's final question. Cardinal, no matter what, was never without a weapon. He was a weapon.

[member="Alvida Osulf"]

HWiLlPs.png

We must know more.

The magic in the forest shifted and bent to his will. It rolled over her, wave after exploratory wave. Alvida couldn't help but grin at his confidence as she called to her Gods and pushed back with her own. Lacking much experience in controlling it the counter-play only seemed to dance around the tendrils that prodded and poked at her soul. At least it was enough to make it known she possessed magic too. Rather unwillingly her feet took a step forward. Despite the obvious danger this man presented she was a slave to the feeling that drew her closer. Perhaps it was the way his eyes seemed to burn into her soul, or maybe it was simply because of her complete refusal to ignore the instinct of the wolf. The great beast inside her had been slowly stirring the moment she had laid eyes on the tall, dark man. Whether it liked him or disliked him she couldn't yet tell, but it was intrigued.

'Flexible?' Flicking her wrist the blade came slicing through the air, stopping just short of the bright sea-foam orbs set in her rounded face. The tip of her finger pressed against the sharp edge of the blade in an attempt to shift the hilt in any way. 'Why do you have just one? What happened to the other?' With her eyes still fixed on the blade she hardly noticed the trickle of deep rouge slowly leaving a trail across her pale skin. She could smell it, of course, but over the years she had grown used to the smell of her blood in human form. Once again the blade fell to rest at her side as she threw her head back into an almost hysterical laugh that disturbed the fauna sleeping in the tree tops.

'I like you! Like your eyes you have fire in your heart, but you should not judge a woman based on what you can see alone. For all you know I could be a powerful witch or a dancer of the dead, or maybe even a seer? I could know your every move before your mind had even thought about it.' There was no threat in her voice, despite the latter part of her sentence being true her ability to see didn't stretch that far just yet. Instead she was simply curious as to what his reaction would be. He seemed so sure of himself. More than anything she wanted to know if his mind was as strong as his magic. Her feet carried her further, crunching the leaves under her bare feet as they closed the distance inch by inch. 'My name is Alvida. Who are you?'

Even as the woman strode closer, Cardinal did not acknowledge her a threat. His eyes did not leave her, sure but the man was still loathe to strike against the woman. No. Her mind had been partially opened to the man and while he could see no murderous intent, the maze of thoughts and emotions that ran through the woman's head gave the Sandali a headache. Her hands worked the spear, and he was beginning to wonder if putting it in this woman's reach was a good idea. “It is the only one of its kind.” He said, watching as her blood spilled on the blade. No doubt she would see the crimson liquid stain the cold steel, however in the next moment the blade seemed to drink in the woman's blood. The faintest crimson glow danced off the blade as Cardinal held his hand out. His hand brushed over hers as he wrapped his fingers around the weapons haft. He would pull it from her fingers before showing a slight smirk. “Careful. Hate to injure yourself.

That laugh the woman let out was part disturbing and part amusing. Neither beat out the other though. She spoke and the man's lips curled into a more humble smile this time. “I judge no one based on my eyes alone. No, the God's tell me what I need to know and they tell me you will bring me no harm.” He bent down, letting his lips drift by her ears as he spoke softly. “Because you will not...and because you cannot.” He smiled before drawing back from the woman and letting his spear rest on his shoulder.

My name is Cardinal and I am hungry.” He aimed his spear back towards the creature he had speared only moments ago. Luckily it remained unmolested by other predators. “I'm going to eat, you should join me.” He offered her, before twirling his blade, allowing it to slide firmly into a notch on his belt. Cardinal was a large man, sometimes just his visage made people believe him to be a brute, but in actuality the man had a calm mind, even if he did not always exercise it.

[member="Alvida Osulf"]

HWiLlPs.png

Your path is already laid out before you.

A golden brown lofted as she watched the trickle of red sink into the silver blade. A wild flash of intrigue crossed her eyes and gave them a sapphire tinge. 'Blood magic.' Alvida had never seen this kind of magic, but she had heard many tales. Unlike everyone else in the Galaxy, blood magic did not seem to be the stuff of bedtime stories to Alvida. Now she had definitive proof. The young wolf did not flinch at the approach of the man with fire in his gaze. Nor did she recoil when his skin came into contact with her own. She released the weapon with no argument, feeling she had probably been lucky enough to hold it for as long as she had already. Locking her eyes onto his, Alvida slipped the tip of her finger past her lips and sucked idly on the wound. When it had ceased its bleeding she brought it up to her face for inspection. 'Barely a scratch. It is not what I would call an injury.'

His expression caught her attention once more, but the thing that caused her to concentrate most was his mention of Gods. There was always an inkling inside her that said the Gods had many different forms and presented themselves under many different names. This man was proving to be more than worth the interruption his arrival had caused. Once again the confident way she held her stature did not waver as he approached. She did allow herself a shudder, which travelled the length of her spine and was followed immediately by a wild grin she could not fight back. 'That is highly interesting, my Gods say the same of you.' It was settled in her mind. The two of them were meant to meet on this day. For what purpose? She had no idea, but the voices relished in discussing it at length between themselves.

'Cardinal.' The name sounded strange in her accent, perhaps she was missing a letter or adding one in somewhere? Either way it did not sound as beautiful and foreign as it did in his baritone voice. Alvida's nostrils twitched at the scent of fresh blood. 'I could smell it before I could smell you.' Gaze following the tip of the spear across to the long departed animal, her head bobbed back and forth in agreement to his offer. 'I would be glad to share a meal with you.' Where food was involved you never had to ask Alvida twice. The question of how he would eat the meat fluttered around in her mind for a brief second. Alvida herself ordinarily preferred her game raw, but that was in wolf form and on another planet entirely. She had no idea what the strange fauna of this rich jungle would do to her raw.

Patiently, she waited to see what he would do next. Preparing a meal was almost as important as how you shared it with one another. She was keen to see what, if any, foreign ways this strangers rituals held. There was no need to let the conversation lull though. 'So. Cardinal. If it is in your nature to explore the will of the Gods, what purpose do you think they have envisioned for us and this meeting?'

The woman showed her finger and Cardinal eyed it for a brief moment. His hand reached out and it would wrap around the finger. A pulse, subtle, yet deliberate exploded out from his hand as he spoke simply. “Infections on worlds like these are common. Even a scratch can kill you here.” He explained. Rodia was especially notorious for murdering the unprepared. When his hand pulled back from hers the cut was closed and the wound had faded from reality. A simple healing ability, which was easily utilized by the Sandali man. He turned from her and began to gather all manner of supplies needed for a flame. His people were simple, and their bodies were Hardy, allowing them to eat meat undercooked and even raw. Today he had a taste for cooked meat, though it would have to be briefly so. He never left a fire lit for too long in an area where good game could be found. He gathered small sticks for kindling and a few larger stones to surround the fire and keep it contained.

The way the woman spoke his name caused him to pause. He would not correct her accent. She knew his name and spoke her song the way she would. She spoke and the man looked up at the woman, meeting her question with an inquisitive smile. Once she was finished speaking he began to prepare the fire pit. “It's hard to say. Lately my path has led me to meeting a lot of new friends.” He said, thinking of Uthixo and Anansi. They were of Sandali descent, just as he was.

Maybe you're supposed to be one of them.” Cardinal produced his spear, planting it into the ground beside the fire pit he had constructed. “Or maybe you're an assassin? Come to kill me?” Either way the Gods would be pleased. If it was Cardinal's time to die then the Gods would will the Force to see it done. “Either way. I would eat before I find out.” He said, flashing a brief grin at the woman. He took notice of her bare feet. Like him she was not human, though she had that look about her. However, where there was something wild within Cardinal, she was another beast entirely. He spread dried grass over the bark as he looked to the woman. It was not long before he had started the traces of a fire, low and weak, it would turn to a roar soon enough. “Before sharing a meal it is custom for two people to duel. The winner will serve the loser.” Cardinal gestured to the clearing, offering the woman a knowing smirk before he stood to his full height.

No weapons.” He assured her, as he made his way over to the clearing, beckoning her with an inviting wave of the hand.

[member="Alvida Osulf"]

HWiLlPs.png

Do not be foolish, little wolf. You have broken bones before.

Muscles relaxing entirely at his touch, Alvida allowed her entirely placid hand to be drawn toward Cardinal and wrapped in his own. A pulse of pure magic released itself from his palm, the gentle breeze it carried shifting the hair resting on her shoulders. Almost as soon as he was finished Alvida snapped her hand back and glared at the milky flesh that had moments ago been crimson red. Her other fingers rubbed over it dumbly, trying to feel out any kind of scar that should have been there had it healed normally. There was nothing to be found. That one simple, yet powerful, skill alone made Alvida decide that at this point she didn't care what the Gods wanted. She wanted to know this man better. 'How did you do that?' A power so rare was incredible to witness first hand, the implications for her planet alone would be substantial. Half their earnings went on bacta and medical supplies. Alvida could only begin to imagine what they could save if she had the ability to teach such a spell.

A grin found its way to the corners of her lips. The Gods were amusing at the very least. Cardinal had been blessed with the gift of adventure and new friendships, just as she had been these past few weeks. It seemed almost ironic that they should bump into each other in the middle of a forest. 'Perhaps so.' Alvida lowered herself slowly onto the ground to watch the ever entrancing process of building a fire. No matter what world you came from the one constant was flickering orange flame. It never changed. Her quick sea-foam eyes found his face, an extremely amused expression present in her glance. 'Perhaps I am both, or neither. The Gods have not yet revealed their will to me either. If I was I would most certainly allow you the mercy of a last meal.'

Her head cocked to the side, a curtain of golden hair trailed off her shoulder and caught the bright morning sun. 'A duel?' She spoke slowly, her sentence ending on a note that suggested she was confused by the term. Eventually a look of realisation crossed her face as she watched him walk to the clearing. 'Like a battle?' Alvida obeyed the wave of his hand like a puppy obeyed its Master, making her way into the clearing and standing just a few feet in front of Cardinal. The voices in her head had already reached a cacophony of angry refusals and upsetting remarks regarding her stature and his. Yes, she was physically weaker, yes, he was a lot older and more wise to the world, but Alvida was not the type of person to decline a challenge. Nor was she one to ignore an important ritual, especially considering she had been the one invited to sit down.

'If it is customary on your planet then so be it.' Alvida nodded her head, firm and sure of herself despite the thousands of voices crying out for her to reconsider. It was too late for them to change her mind though, she was already working the buttons on her thick cotton dress. With little to no warning she slipped the heavy layer over her braided curls and flung it to the side. What remained was a thinner, shorter cotton undergarment that clung close to her body and would allow her fluid movement. The wolf inside her was already beginning to stirr, it was a shame he had insisted on no weapons. This was the third time she had tempted it with release, only to be distracted and swallow it down again. Perhaps it would be sated with a half decent battle for the meanwhile. 'I am ready, when you are.'

Alvida seemed interested in just how Cardinal had healed her. It was a simple ability, one he had not even mastered if he was being honest with himself. The ability to heal a minor cut and an actual wound were very different, yet in this moment he was more than capable of handling such a cut. He returned her words with an interested arc of the brow. The Force was ever binding and it wrapped itself around every living being in the Galaxy. “The Force.” His answer was simple, yet in it's own way it explained so much. When the woman spoke of the mercies of a last meal, Cardinal bowed his head in mock appreciation. “Thank you. It's good to know if I die today it won't be hungry.” But Cardinal had no intention of dying, and little intention of killing. He trusted that by the end of this day he will have gained more than he lost.

Exactly. A battle.” He said, clapping his hands together before rubbing them briefly, letting the warmth cross over from one hand to another. “The Sandali gods are Gods of War, we'll fight and honor them. When we're done and I've beaten you, we'll eat.” He gestured towards the fledgling fire. There was amusement in his eyes as he spoke of beating the woman in unarmed combat. He was large and devilishly fast for a man of his stature, still he did not dare underestimate her. He could sense what this woman was capable of and it was far more than he would have expected otherwise.

Cardinal stood across from the woman, tightening the leather straps that were wrapped around his wrists. He'd been wearing a leather vest, but was now working at the straps that kept it fastened to his chest. In minutes the vest fell to the ground and he stood only with a pair of brown leather trousers and his matching boots. The woman said she was ready and Cardinal smirked, tightening his fists testingly.

Glory to Usawa.” Cardinal said, bowing his head respectfully. There was little warning before Cardinal closed the distance between them. His fists were fast and he dared not pull a punch. The first blow was aimed for the woman's chest, just under her throat. His fist was large and fast, yet his voice was even as he called out, though it had the strain of exertion. “Most believe because of my size I would be slow. I'm actually pretty fast, but because of my strength your only hope is to be faster than me.” He declared.

[member="Alvida Osulf"]

HWiLlPs.png

Fight, fight to show him you are not as you seem.

He spoke of something she had never heard of before. There was no word in her own language that seemed to fit the series of letters. 'The force?' Alvida rubbed her finger over the wound again with a confused expression on her face. Was it their name for the magic the Gods blessed them with? Another grin lifted her mouth. 'Of course. Nobody should die without a meal on their stomach and mead in their mug.' As they settled into the clearing to begin their battle Alvida admired the pure cheek this man seemed to spit out without any real thought. 'Your head must be in the clouds if you think you are going to win.' Alvida couldn't help herself as the mildly amused tone rolled from her tongue. 'Though I see that is the best place for you as your head could not fit anywhere else.'

With her hands resting limp at her sides, waiting on Cardinal's first move, she was almost about to ask what Usawa was. Then instinct kicked in. The wolf howled at her to move and she did. One single step to the left with her foot, accompanied by a half-circle turn that dug her heel into the soft dirt. Carndial's fist cut through the air like a bird taking flight, just barely grazing the dip in her throat. Alvida swallowed and released a deep, slow breath. A wicked cheshire cat grin spread over her face as the realisation dawned on her, she had dodged it and probably saved herself a broken rib or two. 'I don't think that will be too difficult, you move like an old man.' She laughed, but her voice was jittery with the adrenaline.

Battle now in full swing Alvida could feel her senses tingling. She could hear the rush of blood through his veins and see the gentle thumping of the entrancing rhythm his heart beat out against his neck. The voices fought in her head, should she make a move and risk being caught up in his defence? Should she readjust her position and wait for him to attack again? Should she simply stay put? Alvida had to act quickly, which was fortunate for her considering Lupines had the natural ability to move as swift as the wind. She took a step again, almost a blur as she brought herself around to swing a powerful, yet tiny, fist directed at Cardinal's face.

When the man's massive fist met nothing but air, his eyes flashed. Ever so briefly the sunburnt orbs spied the woman who had managed to avoid his attack. So she was fast, damningly so. The man's lips curled to an amused smirk, however his mind was yet on the battle before him. Even though the woman moved with impressive speed, she was yet a subject of The Force. Her movements were readable, discernible even from their bare inception. When her body tightened, prepared to move he was ready. Her fist flew for the man's jaw and he was quick to see it's path altered. With the same hand that had been extended in the jab for the woman, he swatted the fist away from him, so it would narrowly miss his jaw.

His other hand rushed forward, a single palm open and aimed just in the center of the woman's chest. Were it a fist it would have been slower, but more devastating. The open palm flew with the intent to strike the woman, leaving her winded for another attack. Old was he? He'd put that to the test.

[member="Alvida Osulf"]

HWiLlPs.png

You fool, you're going to die.

Some how Alvida knew she was going to miss. He was too strong, too fast, too wise to the ways of battle. Wiser than she. Alvida set her jaw as his hand came crashing through the air to swat her away as simply as swatting a fly. Skin grazed temptingly across the space his jaw used to occupy. The wolf made her growl in a deep, unearthly, rumbling tone. If it had been permitted to come out and play the battle would already be won. Too distracted by her own shortcomings, Alvida was not at all prepared for what Cardinal would do next. The speed at which his hand shot out toward her chest meant all Alvida could do was brace herself. Even with every muscle in her body tensed, every bone locked in preparation for his strike, Alvida could not have prepared for the force it hit her with.

His hand crashed against her chest sending a shock wave of pain streaking through her body. In the split second before it gripped her lungs in an iron vice Alvida's adrenaline filled mind wondered if this would be the end of the fight. Would he leave her to recover and allow her to try again or would he simply strike? Alvida knew which she would do. With either outcome she knew she would not live this one down for a long while, the wolf wouldn't allow it even if she tried. When the effects of his blow had finally reached a climax she could only stumble back in the wild hope that she would avoid any extra punches he might have thrown.

Voices in her head broke out violently. Some screamed something about a collapsed lung, others simply screamed, but there was once voice practically drowned out by the rest. The quietest of them all spoke in a calm tone, telling her that the tight sensation in her chest would pass soon. It reminded her that she had felt this feeling before, the day she had fallen from Fadirin]'s tree. Despite the fact that she couldn't hear her saving grace over the clamour of the others, Alvida's body eventually obeyed it. She greedily drew shuddering lungfuls of the damp jungle air, grateful for the feeling her lungs expanding in her chest. Despite the whole process only taking a few seconds Alvida was entirely susceptible to what Cardinal had planned next.

The moment Cardinal's hand slammed into the woman's chest, he could see the effects of the blow. He'd taken the air from her and left her susceptible to his next attack. What came next was a movement he'd employed since he was a boy, a young warrior on his savage homeworld. His hand flew out and took hold of the woman's wrist. The iron grip Cardinal employed would keep the woman locked. He turned, pushing his shoulder into the woman as he hefted her over his back, slamming the woman into the ground below.

Cardinal would wait until the woman was planted onto the ground, and then he moved over her. He reared back, allowing his fist to fly down. It slammed into the dirt beside the woman's head, the weight of his fist audible through the impact. His chest rose and fell, almost violently as he looked down at the woman beneath him. "Yield." He warned through a labored breath. He exhaled softly, trying to bring his breathing back into order. Would she yield or perhaps she would decide to continue their duel?

[member="Alvida Osulf"]

HWiLlPs.png

Now look what you've done.

Sharp talon like nails dug into Cardinal's flesh as she scrabbled to gain some control. If nothing else, at least he might leave with some reminder of his battle with the wild wolf. Even if it was only a sliver of silver where her claws had clung. With the little breath that she had managed to recover Alvida managed to at least protect her head from slamming against the ground too hard. Once again she felt the clutches of pain overtake her, sharp stabbing knifes pounding again and again through her mind. A cloud of dust shot up into the air, followed by the air around her shifting violently against her ear drums. By instinct her hands had gone up to protect her head, even if she felt a little dizzy from the fall.

Cardinal's voice demanded something of her, though it was hard to tell as it came through slightly fuzzy from the impact of his fist against the ground. Alvida sat up and gave the air an exploratory sniff. No blood at least. That was good. Once she came round to the idea that she wasn't as injured as she seemed Alvida turned her green eyes on Cardinal with a sheepish grin. Even she knew when she had been bested. 'I think it is fair to say you have won.' A soft grunt followed as she brought herself slowly up to a stand. For a minute she simply tested the weight on her feet, deciding that in the end she was more hungry than injured and it was probably a good thing Cardinal had thrown her. 'You would do well against some of the warriors from my home. I would be interested to see those fights.'

Alvida brushed a cloud of dust from the once white linen undergarment. Already the voices had made quick work of whatever confidence she had left from the battle, but Alvida was more than used to that. After all, the best battles were the ones you learnt from. Her Father had always taught her to take a loss gracefully and not like a spoilt child, there was little honour to be found there. After a quick check to make sure nothing else was amiss she stuck her hand out for Cardinal to shake, a wide smirk on her face. 'I suppose I owe you something to eat.'

test5.png
[member="Alvida Osulf"]
When Alvida did finally relent, Cardinal's expression immediately softened and he showed a light-hearted smile to the woman. He chuckled a bit, before rising off of the woman and holding a hand out to help her to her feet. Once she was on her feet, he placed a hand on her shoulder while taking hold of her hand, a familiar act but one he doubted she would receive negatively. "You're a skilled warrior, who taught you to fight like that?" He asked as he led her to where he had been cooking the stew. When she spoke of the warriors from her planet, Cardinal nodded at the woman. "A warrior is a warrior, regardless of where he comes from. I'm sure the ones from your planet are very powerful...Just not as powerful as a Sandali." He smirked at the end of his words before lowering himself down by the fire. The heat from it cut through the evening chill, making it a welcome feeling.

Although he had won, Cardinal began to pour some of the stew into a bowl for Alvida, holding it out to the woman. "Here, it's spicy but it should be good."

He poured himself a bowl, immediately bringing it to his lips and downing it in large, heavy gulps. He pulled back from the bowl with a sigh of relief before looking to Alvida. "So. What are you doing on this planet? A warrior like you could make a name for herself anywhere, what brought you to these woods?" He asked, curiosity rising from his mind as he looked to the woman with a careful expression.

Rhodia | Mid-Morning | [member=Cardinal Vi'dreya]

HWiLlPs.png

What poison have you fed yourself?

The expression Cardinal's face took after their battle had ended fondly reminded her of the expression her Uncle took up when he had finished teaching her a lesson. Soft and gentle, like the look one would give to a child. She never minded it, it made her feel a little less sore about the loss. Thankful for the hand he offered out and grateful for the support it offered as she stood herself up, Alvida spoke. 'My Father. I am not so good with hand to hand but... I am a killer with a pair of axes. And maybe one day I will let you fight the wolf.' Another sheepish grin curled her lips up, matching her slightly boastful tone perfectly. 'I do not doubt it, but I am also sure a select few of them could at least give you a run for your money.' Her eyes traced the path he made toward the fire and her legs soon followed, sitting down gratefully by the waves of heat the bright orange flame rolled out.

Alvida crumpled her face as she watched Cardinal pour a bowl of the inviting stew. Despite being under the assumption that it was her job to serve him once she had lost the fight, Alvida only smiled gratefully in his direction when he handed the bowl to her. The wood seemed too hot to the touch at first, but it quickly cooled into a comforting warmth. 'What is spicy?' She didn't wait for an answer, or for Cardinal to prompt her to try it, she simply copied his movements and brought the rim to her lips. After a few cautious sips she swallowed the entire bowlful almost as quickly as he had done, licking her lips free of any remnants after she had finished. Her bright green eyes grew a little wide as she came to the realisation of what spicy actually meant.

Luckily Cardinal's question provided some distraction from the burning sensation spreading over her tongue. 'I like the woods. They feel like home. I'm simply exploring for now, so I stop on almost every planet that I see contains a wood of some kind. I had intended to hunt here as well. It has been a while since I let the wolf roam free...' Alvida shook her head slowly as she sank back against a log set conveniently behind her. She let a silence pass between them for a few moments as she considered whether or not to mention that she had seen a glimpse of him in the future. The only reason why they had met at all. 'What about you? Why are you not on your home world with all the other warriors there?'

test5.png
The grin from Alvida was welcomed and met with a grin of his own. "There are few animals I can't tame." He promised her before clearing his throat and drinking down a bit more of his stew. The stew was met with another exhale of relief. Cardinal glanced back, pulling a small log behind him so he could recline back on it. "I do not doubt that the warriors of your planet are strong. Perhaps one day I will go there and find out just how strong." He said, with a challenging smile on his face.

When Alvida asked exactly what spicy was the man was about to answer, however he saw that Alvida was already going to try it herself. As she drank down the liquid Cardinal waited a moment before her eyes went wide. He chuckled, and it turned into a good hearted laugh as he pulled the cantein from his waist. He took a sip of the water within before holding it out to the woman. "Here, spicy just means it's hot to the taste. I love spicy foods." He told her.

Again this woman spoke of the wolf. He wondered, could she be a Lupine? He looked to her as he brushed against the beard on his chin. "So, are you one of the Moonborn? The Lupine? A few of them served under me in the Knight's Obsidian. Very capable warriors, very instinctual." He said, as he downed the rest of his stew.

Then it came to Cardinal's homeworld and the man glanced at Alvida with a small chuckle. "Well, actually my people are from a world called Sandala. A world I've never actually been to. I was born on a colony a few systems away, but I'm going to journey to Sandala myself very soon. It's time for my bloodline to reunite with it's home." He said simply.

[member="Alvida Osulf"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom