Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Dominions?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
If that's the case I will literally give the FA's my phone number just so I can be on call for all of those. Completely serious. xD

To get back on topic ( cause seriously, this thread quickly turned into that spot outside the White House where people stand on boxes and preach about aliens, tinfoil and the end of the world):

The rules state that dominions are designed to allow factions to passively gain a planet without competing with other factions, other factions may not interrupt the specific faction threads, and the dominion writer needs to present a believable plot for the other writers.

Now, imagine a neutral planet as a grey flag. Sith are the red team, Repubs are the blue team. Both are active armies feuding over a neutral territory, neither one defending, both going head first into battle to claim ownership. Makes sense, right? Now, current dominion rules, no matter how long we've had them, suggest a different story.

Red team and blue team have their own individual maps with their own copies of the same flag. Blue team has more players on its team, and its opponent is an NPC army. It captures the flag first, and on the red team's map, the flag instantly turns blue. Now the blue defend against the red as if the red were invading the blue base, etc etc.

This does not present a believable story, it does not make sense for factions to not engage each other over neutral territory ( if people want to use the WWII analogy, I point to the British vs the German Reich in the Atlantic Ocean, where neither side owned the waters but mass combat ensued over territorial waters and borders, etc.) and dominions leading to invasions do not accurately provide the method it was hoping to achieve of a "passive planetary gain with no faction-to-faction fighting".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom