Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Blonde Besties in Alderaan

She moves like she don't care
The blonde was busy emptying her plate of food with her utensils when her friend arrived. She put the piece of toast into her mouth and greeted [member="Marina DeVoe"] with a nod while chewing, indicating that her friend was right about her brother. Mariya was indeed the only one at the dining table enjoying the spread so far. Scrambled eggs for proteins and mushrooms picked from the green meadows of Alderaan were just some of the things she had been enjoying, including the greenish looking coffee that she had been drinking to wash down her food.

"Nope, never seen Jerrid yet."

She shrugged her shoulders, deciding that they had more important things to do, like finishing the breakfast and getting ready for the skiing.

"So tell me where is this mountain getaway? I seriously hope there is a beginner slope for me to practice."

Mariya reminded her friend of her inexperience in doing skiing. In all her years of military service and outdoor activities, there was never a need for her to learn how to ski. There were other special forces who would handle the snow operations. The Galactic Underworld never bothered to establish any outpost or reach on icy planets and places. The blonde suspected that she would have to play catch up with her friend when they reached the ski slope later. She eyed the stacks of bacon that were tempting her and picked up a few pieces.

"So, did you have a good sleep? I had a strange one... dreamt of another me. It's weird for sure."

She shook her head, stabbing the bacon with her fork.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
"Twins... hahahaha... I don't think there could be a twin of you, Mariya as I'd know about it.
Well, I'd hope to know about it as it would be twice as awesome having two of you." She chuckled proding the bacon strip she had placed on her plate. It were perfectly done, crispy and maple smoked, at least the one she had picked. But again she weren't a morning person as far as having an appetite. Marina broke her fast just before noon. It weren't by choice really, just that she had developed a routine somehow through the years.

It were not to say the breakfast meal was not served or prepared to her liking. It was. It was just that she wasn't as hungry in mornings as her fast metabolizing bestie was. Marina was fit and athletic, but it were by genetics, not so much as actual exercise and body shaping. Although she got plenty of exercise when she went hiking and on her runs. Mostly running through the old mountain trails just south of Aiden pass, as the pass was high mountains and little if any ridges clear and safe enough to attempt any cross-country or mountain runs. Besides, Marina loved and excelled in volleyball, especially on loose sand. It were a team sport and she loved to play as often as she could...even one on one if it weren't a game.

Dreams, Mariya had asked. Dreams were dreams..nothing more really. Why even some similar and supposedly linked dreams she herself recalled never amounted to anything but simply subconscious events or adventures. Marina loved her knights and castle dreams and she had them since she could remember. Well, not all her dreams were of that, but more often than not, she had more of them than not.

"Could be the way you pigged out before you slept silly. Don't you know you can't go to sleep on a full stomach? You'll be tossing and turning all night. Your body needs rest at night, not working hard to digest what you wolfed down...hahaha..." She had rolled a linen napkin and tossed it at her bestie. It was playful and mostly banter.
Marina was happy that her friend enjoyed her meals at her home on the mountains. But if there was any explanation as to maybe why Mariya had some weird dreams, then it had to be the late night meal.

"Anywho, I see that you were obviously not paying any mind as to the hologram i showed you at your place..." She hopped drag her chair across over to Mariya. One of the servants were about to rush over to give her a hand, as the chairs were heavy and Marina was sitting on it still as she dragged it across the marble floors.
"No, no, no....I got it. Thank you anyway.." She said, before the servant nodded and once again stepped back.

"Here, Miss forgetful..." Marina activated her personal holo-com and the same mountain chalet she had shown Mariya just two days ago re-projected....

STYPILV.jpg

"It's in the Southside of the pass...just a few hundred kilometers away. But the reports indicate fresh powder on the North side.
There is a good long bunny hilll like slope on the South. It ends when it butts up to Walley...that the mountain face that the slope gently meets. get it...Walley for wall?..hahaha..." She lightly elbowed her bestie as it was funny to Marina.

"Yea, well you'll see. Its not for beginners really, but not as steep as the North face. now that you need to know the terrain ahead of time and know your stuff. Otherwise....dip...long painful way down to some jagged granite... ouch!" No, she weren't trying to scare her friend. There was nothing that she knew really scared Mariya. But the mountain they were heading to had an adequate slope to hone your skills and another one to test them to the limit.

Marina was not one for competition. Well, except for volleyball. But that was a fun team sport and she had to be competitive or else she'd fail her team mates. Otherwise, she'd just play without points altogether.

"Jance..." Marina then motioned the servant's attention. he came over and asked what she desired.
"Oh, uhm...the chalet stocks a good kitchen and all...but this bacon and most of the breakfast stuff i can't compare to even try making it as good."

"I'll have our chefs make you the exact breakfast and vacuum seal it for your trip.."

"No, no, no... just pack what's here and we'll be good."

"But my Lady... it will be no trouble at all for the chefs-"

"Jance..come on..." She gave him the eyes.

He nearly broke out laughing. Of course who did he think he were trying to debate with.
"Very good...Marina...I'll have all this packed for your trip." It seemed he struggled with just calling her by name, but he managed, nodded and returned to his post.

Marina leaned over to her bestie and whispered. " I can cook...just that I hate for such food to just go to waste when there are systems out there that--- well, that don't even have pure water to drink..." She reflected a moment before returning to her cheery self. This was no time to start talking about her strong beliefs in helping the unfortunate souls caught behind what many called the curtain. The curtain stood for those under tyrany, poverty, neglect or simply in poor systems that had little interest or worth to factions. As thus, they had little if any trade and very little resources for the locals to exist on. Marina was a humanitarian volunteer in an organization called 'Doctors Without Borders'.
But this time was for her to spend with her bestie and not bring her bestie down with the misery which existed in the galaxy.

"I'll admit, I was simply too exhausted by someone's antics to remember about the hologram," the blonde shot a look at Marina with a hint of sarcasm, knowing that her friend would probably let it past. Well, Marina had better accept the sarcasm since she was the one who kicked a fuss about the wines being sovereign or whatever.

"So, south slope for training then. That's fine by me. I have absolutely no intention of attempting the North," she spoke with a straight face to show that she was not going to risk her life over a skiing session. Well, at least not until she had mastered the skill of sliding down the snowy slopes and spraying snow around her, including a fancy stunt or two.

"Don't see any reason to waste the food. But I'll bet there's more food available at the ski resort. Is that the correct term, a resort? I think so."

She finished her cup of coffee and stretched herself, yawning slightly, feeling the effects of polishing up a heavy breakfast. The weather was nice enough to take a little nap, but they needed to get going. By this time, Jance had returned with the food packed in nice carrying containers for them to bring along.

"Let's get going then," Mariya hopped off her chair and let her friend lead the way downwards towards the hangar, skipping past the Mariner IV. "Oh? Not taking your ship? Hmm..." she muttered to herself as the duo continued on, ending up in another zone where the light speeders were kept. The snow equipment were all cluttered behind nicely in a bundle.

"So this is what you have been doing," Mariya leaned over to take a closer look at the ski designs. "Fancy print patterns huh. Not bad, not bad at all. Thanks for all the hard work!"

She nodded her head and hopped onto the passenger seat, placing the food containers behind her. The driver seat was obviously meant by Marina to steer the vehicle. The blonde seemed to suffer from butter fingers when it came down to piloting stuff, usually earning a few scratches on the paint job whenever she drove.

Marina DeVoe

"Lol...no silly. The ski resorts are public. They aren't too far South of the chalet...maybe 50-80 kilometers depending on which trails you take there. As the ravens fly though, 25 kilometers South if we take a speeder from there. Our chalet is quite close to the resorts if you wish to hit up the night life. It's quite a scene there." She replied with a big grin.
Yes, Alderaan had a lot more to offer than just pretty pristine vistas and valleys. Marina wasn't going to push her best friend in overdoing anything, as she had done that the past few days already.

Well, Marina had calmed down and were now just enjoying her besties company and companionship. She knew her bestie had her own life to live and maintain. The idea of spending everyday together was just wishful thinking. But with every day given them, Marina was certainly going to savor.
Then too there was the idea of a mutual partnership in distributing Mariya's wines. Marina would gladly do it for the love of it, but she knew her bestie wouldn't hear of it. They'd iron out the details some other time when that time came. Now? Now they had their prepared meals...the chefs had not only packed what she asked, but lunches and dinners too. Well, what could marina have said? No, take it all back? Nope, she had no choice but to thank Jance and then the kitchen staff. AND NOT TO DO IT AGAIN!...
Of course she were playing with them and before she left, she hugged every each one of them. She loved her house friends.

Passing the Mariner IV, Marina gave a lame explanation as it not being practical at this time... for the short trip.
Of course she failed to mention her father had grounded her ship for good reasons. Marina had gotten into an entanglement with the First Order in one of her humanitarian runs for 'Doctors without Borders'.
Duke Kyle weren't keen at all in her involvement with the organization, saying it placed her in too hot of zones for his liking. Her grandfather supported her father, as her brother did too. So yes, the Mariner IV were grounded for awhile longer. But no sense mentioning that to her bestie.

But as long as she were planet side, Marina could commandeer any speeder like the one she had used to get down to the valley and Mariya.
Actually, it were the very same speeder...washed and polished as that were part of the hangar maintenance crews protocols.

"Yea?...you like them?" Marina were excited that her friend took notice of the equipment and snow apparel that she had designed and printed.
"I'm so glad..." Yes, glad...kind of relieved, as she had unloaded the ski stuff that Mariya had her porters load into the speeder before they had left for Mt Cetril.
"Whew..."
Of course Marina didn't throw them away..god no. She would never take it upon herself to discard anything belonging to someone else before asking. But the equipment were kind of substandard. They were good, mind you..but not the state of the art.
Anyway, she was happy Mariya hadn't noticed that the junk equipment she had brought weren't in the speeder.

"Ahem...Ok let's go!" She then quickly said, before her bestie wised up to her switch-a-roo. Besides, the snow suits were perfectly tailored to her bestie's figure, with patters stitched to accentuate her athletic features. Although admittedly, it weren't all Marina's creation, for the snow apparel were styled very much in line with her bestie's body armor that she had seen her wear in the past. Marina was certain her bestie would like the look, fit and style that were same form fitting but more attuned to skiing. Marina referred to them as snow bunny suits.

Both inside and seated, the speeder's HUD came to life as did the auto safety harnesses...the type one wouldn't even know that they were in place. After all it were the one of the family's luxury speeder sedans. One of the same that even her parents would use when they visited Aldera and their queen.

The speeder had instant climate conditioning as when the hangar doors opened, there was a kind of flurry a light snow fall with some wild wind gusts. Only they couldn't feel anything, nor hear the howling of the wind. The speeder cabin was as quiet and comfortable as her bedroom chambers had been despite the cold winds outside.

The short flight to the chalet took about 15 or so minutes..maybe more as Marina detoured a bit to point out several favorite peaks and trails that her and her grandfather Onan would take during the summer and fall. Spring being kind of risky with melting ice and snow that could potentially cause dangerous slides. But in the summer and fall, those trails were wonderful getaways to hike about for days if not a week.

The gleem of reflecting sunlight as they approached one of the peaks gave way that it were the chalet. It's crystal clear glass windows that spanned entire walls were pretty much in line with the larger house on Mt Cetril.
This being Mt. Thul, named after the second family under House Organa. Although House Thul had long departed and broken away from the Royal House of Organa ages ago. But traditions and history ..Alderaani history were kept as a reminder that everything Alderaani must endure...live on.

"Well so much for the history tour...lol
Here we are." Marina set the speeder down right in front of the chalet's front entrance, as the main landing pad was quite a walk in the cold. Besides, it was for larger corvettes and if her brother Jerrid should decide to show up...yea, plenty of tarmac for him.

The chalet however smaller than the main house on Mt Cetril, was by far no small mountain cabin. It was the size of a manor.
The hologram image of the chalet had been deceiving as it was even larger than Mariya's villa. In turn, Mariya had been right in initially asking if it were more called a resort, as it certainly could pass for one.

"Come on... what are you looking at? It's freeeeezing out here..." Nope, they had not gotten dressed to be outdoors too long when they left.
"Lets get our bags in at least..." Marina had popped the trunk and was unloading their bags and food containers.
The size of the chalet must have caught her bestie by surprise once they got out of the speeder.

"...we'll fire up the center fire pit inside..once we get inside... come on!"

Of course she liked the ski equipment. She knew nothing about quality, but they certainly appeared more flashy than the ones she had brought along. Mariya simply wanted to learn how to ski and was more than eager to get her feet wet. The interior of the speeder was warm despite the chilly weather outside, allowing her to enjoy the pleasure of watching the snowy landscapes from the window. Every now and then, snowflakes would in the way of the vision but would be wiped away quickly by the sweep wipers.

"Finally, about time..." Mariya stared at the tiny resort in the distance. Or chalet, whatever the name was. The building loomed larger as they closed in, allowing Mariya to have a good view of the architectural design, Alderaanian at its finest. As the vehicle parked in the empty lot at the entrance and stopped, the howling of the winds could be heard immediately before the doors were even open. Mariya put on her glareshades before stepping out of the door, grabbing the equipment behind the truck.

"See, I told you it's a resort," she muttered under her breath, lifting up the carefully wrapped snow equipment and tread across the snow, dumping them into an empty slot in front of the door. The equipment disappeared with a whoosh, sliding into some automated storage space. It was impossible to expect servants or butlers to be available in this sort of weather, so automation was the solution. The door slid open when Mariya stepped onto the doormat, the sensors reading her identity as a guest of House DeVoe. Someone had registered her, probably one of Marina's servants.

"Woo. This place is neat..."

Mariya walked through the hallway and dumped the food into the chiller and spent a few minutes poking her head around. Rooms? Checked. Kitchen? Ready. Bathroom? With hot water.

"Greetings. Welcome to Mountain Thul."

A servant droid had been awakened by the presence of the guests, showing up to greet the inquisitive blonde as she walked back to the living room. Mariya almost burst out laughing at the droid who was wearing a maid uniform over its metallic body.

Marina DeVoe

q73RZzT.jpg

"Oh, hello Dev..." Marina seemed surprised at seeing the android.
But she had exspected Dev to be there waiting, as Dev were Heights Manor's caretaker and host. Dev was what Marina called the android who's call letters were D-VO.
Dev was quite unique in many ways, as it were one of a few androids of House DeVoe that were given stature, responsibility for both the welfare of the family and properties. These droids were registered as servant/protocol droids although they were something more, especially to Marina. They were part of her family.

"What are you wearing?..." It were cute and her bestie certainly must have thought so as Mariya found it amusing. It were more of a surprise to her bestie to see the android in the servant outfit. But Marina certainly didn't like it.

To Marina, Dev was a friend as she had grown up knowing the droid, as it served the young DeVoe siblings here on Heights manor when vacationing there as their nanny, their playmate, their teacher... Dev was everything to Marina and her siblings when staying in Height's manor on Mt. Thul.

"Duke Kyle forwarded instructions as to your stay and accommodations here with our guest Lady Fleischer-" Dev went about to explain before marina cut her off.

"Stop.
Dev please..." Marina shook off the bit of snow in her hair and off her clothes before she reached over to take the droid's hands into hers. Dev's hands and person were designed to feel and radiate human like touch and skin temp. Her oculars looked into Marina's, mimicking a warm smile.

"Please don't wear anything of the sort. You know you have access to my closet and wardrobe if you wish."

"Your father's wish is to make our guest feel at home-"

"But it's not my wish!
... er no, I mean it is my wish for my friend to feel-" Wait, why were she debating as to her father's instructions he gave Dev? There was always a way around his house instructions.
"Gah! You know what?
Take that uniform off. If my father instructed you to wear proper attire, then wear anything you wish from my closet...or f you want from Katie's...or Jerrid's even. But no servant uniform. "

"As you wish, Marina." She nodded, not arguing with Marina.
Now if you both will make yourselves comfortable, I'll bring over some tea." Dev, warmly welcomed them to relax for a few.
"I believe you are soon to break your fast. I'll prepare the portions you have brought with you." Dev then said, always keeping on top of marina's needs while she visited her.

"Oh, right... had kinda skipped breakfast with you..." She turned to her bestie.
Mariya had certainly dug into the breakfast that had been laid out back on Mt Cetril. Marina hadn't, foregoing early breakfasts till an hour or two before midday.

"Anywho...Mariya, this is my nanny Dev. She's never stopped taking care of me...ever." Marina still went about with proper introductions despite that Vev already knew who her guest was. Naturally marina emphasized the 'ever', as it were true. Dev always catered to Marina, family and their guests here. But since Marina came to walk and talk she had known Dev as first a nanny, then a friend...never ever a servant.

"Nanny?"

The blonde's expression showed it all when she exclaimed, trying to figure out if her friend was lying. Nope, not in a million years, judging from Marina's expression and interaction with D-VO. Mariya had always thought of babysitters and nannies being real people, not protocol droids. She had never really seen a droid with sufficient lifelike qualities, not from her homeworld. The best droids in Nar Shaddaa were used as translators, chefs or servants.

"Okay... nice to meet you Dev..."

She reached her hand out for a handshake, not something that she would do when faced with a servant, but she was curious about those robotic hands. Sure enough, her curiosity was satisfied when she felt warmth against her colder fingers.

"Wow. This is kinda cool really," Mariya laughed aloud, releasing her hand and nodding her head to D-VO who understood her gesture to carry on. The droid turned around and headed for the kitchen to heat up the meals that had been brought along from the castle.

"Right, you haven't actually eaten. Go ahead and grab your food, slow eater..." emerald eyes stared at Marina for a moment, her mischievous side appearing. "I am going to explore this place for a while."

Before her friend could protest, Mariya winked and gleefully escaped from the room. She wanted to have some time to explore the massive place alone without all the secrets revealed by her friend. That would kill off all the fun.

Marina DeVoe

The flurries had picked up to become full snowfall...

"Oh, why yes... that would be awesome.
I'll go do it." Marina replied to Dev's suggestion she start the center fire pit, while Dev went on to get a light meal ready.

The droid smiled her acknowledgement and went about preparing her ward something to eat. It were no task at all in reheating what the girls had brought over from Mt Cetril. The kitchen wasn't fully staffed as the DeVoes more looked at the chalet as their getaway from the norm and cared for lifestyle. Although D-VO had been created several generations ago to help care of the DeVoe younglings when at the chalet. The droid had for the most part taken care of Marina's grandfather when he were a young toddler to Marina and her two siblings. Marina being the last to be pampered most as her brother Jerrid had been primed for other means before he reached his teens.

Marina and Jerrid had remained close, despite the family setting them both out on different planes.
Both were closer than any other DeVoe sibling ever were, as there had only been a male and a sister born years apart. Whereas Katie DeVoe (Marina's elder sister by 3 years) was followed by not only a male heir, but with a twin...a female.
Marina had not been expected....but had been foretold in old scriptures. Only that those scriptures were many Millennium past and not of Alderaanii origin.

Marina were complimented on her designs, after D-VO retrieved them and examined them for proper functionalities. Dev always went over everything which concerned the welfare of her wards. Somehow or other, Dev seemed to have evolved somewhat, especially when it came to marina. One could say the droid had developed an emotional bond, like that of a mother, more than a caretaker.
Obviously Marina had always thought Dev as a family member and close friend. She would always fuss and have a tantrum when the family had to leave. Marina always wanted Dev to go with them back to Mt Cetril, and would remain saddened for weeks, missing Dev.

As Marina grew up she still missed Dev and hated to leave her all alone on Mt Thul, but Marina had come to accept the fact that Dev's home were on mt Thul. Besides, as soon as Marina got her wings, she would often be found there with Dev. And Dev would always be there waiting for her ward with open arms and a happy smile.
Even during school breaks if Marina weren't off jumping stars, she'd most likely be found on Mt. Thul.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The crackling fire and warm glow of the flames made the entire inner-scape just magical, like they were inside an ornament, glowing from within. It had started snowing heavily and visibility outside were limited, where the adjoining peaks simply became part of the sky itself. Marina knew the terrain like the back of her hand, but she weren't going to chance having her bestie wander off the slopes and off the mountain in this white out... oh Hell no!

"Oh I don't know, if she'll come join us or not... I think she snuck another nap on us, he-he..." Marina chuckled, when Dev sat down near the firepit and asked.

"Say, whatcha got there?..." Marina's eyes lit up noticing the small reed basket.

"Now what do you think it could be?..." Dev still loved playing Marina's guessing games. " I saved them from the last time you were here." She clued her in.

"No way!" Marina exclaimed, drawing the basket and peeking inside. "Gasp!...Oh my God..." She couldn't believe her eyes. "... I thought I ate them all!"

"No, you would have become constipated. I had put some away for another day." Dev then slid the basket toward herself again and went about putting them in the roasting tray that slid into the hot ambers of the firepit.
"Hehe...so true. I don't know how to stop..."
They were fresh chestnuts.
Fresh, as they had been carbon flash frozen, preserving them almost indefinitely. Dev had revived them and knew Marina would love to share her favorite chestnuts with her bestie, roasted over an open fire.

"I'll lower the chalet's temperature and get you and Mariya some comforters. You can relax by the warm fire and wait for the storm to pass. It will snow till just about past midnight. I will see to it that all your needs are met."

"Dev, you're the best. But watch the chestnuts and I'll go get the comforters....and maybe check on my sleepy friend...hehe.." Yes, marina believed maybe her bestie couldn't resist the loft bedrooms or suites and had to try the ultra soft down pillows and comforters on the beds. They were to die for.

The place was too big to be stayed by just two people, but that was the current situation. Perhaps there were days when the DeVoes would do a family gathering in the outskirts such as here, which would explain the size. Mariya went through a few doors along the corridor, discovering most of them to be rooms meant for staying. Sure, the rooms were nicely decorated and well kept by the servant droids, but Mariya wanted something more interesting.

She walked down the spiraling staircase and reached the basement level. Here, the corridor remained well lit by electric lamps on the ceiling, a modern touch to the older building. She pushed the door next to her, finding it to be stuck. The blonde took a few steps back and made a running kick to knock it open. The door creaked with its rusty hinges and she made a face when entering. The room was murky and cluttered with all sorts of miscellaneous objects, appearing to be a storeroom.

"Aha."

Mariya spotted a suit of armour standing by the door and grinned. She had seen something similar during the time with Onan DeVoe who had explained to her how ancient the metal suit was. The blonde was simply too curious though, picking up the sword from the armour's hands and took a few swipes in the air. The blade was well balanced and remained sharp despite its age.

"Hmm..."

She decided to hang around with the blade for the moment, wandering towards an ancient looking hologram and tapped it. It was a recording of some excellent swordsmanship by a man dressed in the colours of House DeVoe, though age had eaten into the clarity of the hologram, making it difficult to see who he was. Perhaps it was the Duke in his younger days or some distant relative of Marina. Mariya found herself engrossed with the hologram, holding her sword to mimic the man's nimble movements as best as she could. She did a quick side step and a lunge, stabbing the blade in the air as she imagined herself getting into a duel with an imaginary enemy.

Marina DeVoe

The glow of fire pit created a warm and cozy atmosphere and dancing shadows across the open living room. Dev had somehow gradually lowered the lumen levels, balancing the interior light from the fire with that of the snow-scape outside. Marina were snuggled in her warm comforter for Dev had also gradually brought the interior temp down to where the warmth of the fire was where one wished to be. It were near heaven inside...like that of a cabin up high in the mountains where the cold surrounded you, but you were toasty warm and comfortable despite it.

Her eyes were getting sleepier by each minute passing, as she sipped her warm honey tea.
"Hmm.... God they smell so good..." Marina opened her eyes to her olfactory tingling with the scent of roasted chestnuts in the air.

"They are as you like them..." Dev replied, shuffling the nuts inside the flat roaster. The droid could get it just to perfection. It then withdrew the roaster and transferred the roasted nuts on over to another basket lined with a soft cotton napkin, folding it over the nuts to keep them warm.

"Careful...give it a few minutes more." Dev then cautioned marina before she'd touch the hot chestnuts. But marina couldn't wait and were parting the napkin before Dev beat her to them, picking up one and easily opening it's shell to release an even more tantilizing aroma of stem. She then gently blew on it, before handing it over to Marina.

"Hmmm...oh wait...hot, hot...." She were fanning her hand, like it could actually cool the hot nutty meat in her mouth. Dev just slightly shook her head with an 'I told you so' smirk on its features.

"Stop..." Marina teased her, giving Dev a slight tap.
"But they are so, so good..." Marina savored the tasty morsel, before looked around for her bestie. Now where had she gone off too? It were then that Marina realized the ambiance of the chalet... all homey-like and feeling like her own mother were taking care of her again. Well, Dev taking care of her again, like always here.

"Dev.... I've never inquired.
Just that you've been so part of my life like that of my mom and dad...well, like really everyone in the family. What I mean is; that I never put too much thought as to how long you been with, uhm....you know... our family?"

Dev seemed to chuckle, rolling her eyes as if she were thinking as far back as she could.
"You mean before you came to exist." She replied.
"I was created 12 generations past, by Duke Galic, 289 years, 57 days-..."she chuckled, stopping herself from sounding like a protocol droid.

"Wow...great gramp Galic..." Marina repeated her ancestor's name, recalling what she knew of him. Dev was that old? It literally took Marina back. So, Dev had also cared for her dad...her grandfather too?

"Yes, Duke Galic were the architect to this chalet and my creation. It were Duke Galic whom maned this peak after the House of Thul. He had inspiration that the two great Houses would come to terms and reunite.
He were saddened before his passing that both House Organa and House Thul remained separated..." Dev's sadness were expressed as she relayed that to marina.

"Yea.... I remember you teaching me our family history. I just never put it together that you-" Marina's eyes looked into Dev's, not getting her last words out.

"That I am three centuries old?" Dev gave her the ol'look of 'I'm not old', pulling her torso back and putting her hands on her hips.

"No, no...I didn't mean-" Marina's face dropped thinking she had insulted Dev, her caretaker, her nanny..

"He-he-he-he..." Dev then broke out in her amused chuckle. One which marina had known all her life. Dev was playing with her...the part of being insulted.
But then Dev went and took Marina's hands into hers and looked at her deeply.
"You ever wonder why Duke Onan, your grandfather calls you Sunshine?
It were my very first impression of you when I first recorded you. My very first words describing the aura that you projected. Your first visit here was when you were two years of age. Your smile, your laughter...your joy instantly bonded to me. I see you now as I first saw you. Of course you are older now, learned, beautiful in terms of living beings. You have remained unchanged inside, Marina.
And I can say that I have loved you always."

As happy as Marina's heart were beating, her features saddened and she seemed to despair. Dev picked up on it and gently guided Marina's chin up to have her look into her eyes again.
"Always." Dev softly spoke before her smile broadened.

"Now part those little brewing clouds of sadness away and let that sunshine come out. " Dev were saying before Marina reached over and embraced her Dev like she always did. And like always, Dev made her feel like her own mom were giving her a hug.
"I will always be here you know." Dev patted Marina lightly. The droid somehow could feel/understand emotions, especially with Marina, and in turn had the capacity to feel and express them itself.

Then...
"Our guest has found your playroom..." Dev said out of the blue.

"Hehe... No." Marina's chipper self suddenly parted those little clouds.
"The Dungen?"

She found herself sweating by the end of her little swordplay, letting the sword rest against a cupboard that had seen better days. Whatever this place was, it was definitely more than a storeroom. Maybe it had some hidden secrets, like all ancient buildings would. Mariya walked around the room, trying to see if there were any hidden handles or odd looking trinkets. It ended up leading her to examine a dozen of useless clutter, including a doll which had ran out of power and a stack of ugly clothing with holes made by unknown grub.

"Nope... nothing."

Mariya sighed and walked over to the wooden rocking chair, planting her bum down for a good rest. The wood creaked once, the chair leaning backwards to reveal a hidden trapdoor on the ground.

"I thought this only happens in the movies."

The blonde raised an eyebrow and leapt to her feet, curious about the mystery revealed by the chair contraception. She could not make out what was below the trapdoor, not even with a torchlight that she had managed to salvage somewhere among the clutter. Surely there were no monsters below the resort? She tested her weight on the ladder, which seemed to hold just fine and made her way down. She reached solid ground and greeted the darkness with her torch, discovering nothing of value except more junk.

"Hmmph?"

Mariya stumbled upon a cylinder object on the floor, picking it up to read the faded label to discover that it was vintage wine. Marina should definitely know about this. She stuffed the bottle inside her sweater and zipped up, making her way back to the surface.

Marina DeVoe

Back upstairs in the cozy open living room, by the light of a warm fire-pit...

'Would you like a live feed?' Dev asked, seeing the amusement on Marina's feature and change in demeanor.

It took but a moment of true contemplation as to weather or not have Dev project what her bestie was doing down there in the old tunnels and caverns that had been formed a generation prior to the construction of the chalet.
In reality, the chalet on Mt. Thul had once been the first main DeVoe outpost until the larger more strategic castle on Mt Cetril were built. Then afterwards, the Mt. Thul outpost were renovated to become the family mountain resort.

"Uhm....no. Sigh...
Hehe...no, as much as I really really want too...no.
My bestie doesn't need me looking over her shoulder...not here on Alderaan at least, no." Marina replied to Dev.
It were true. Marina loved her best friend, but also knew not to crowd her. God, she had nearly smothered her the last few days if not driven Mariya mad and to rethink their friendship. But that were the bond that rivaled sisterhood between the two. maybe it were stronger, but whatever the case, her bestie had put up with her and rode it through.

Now to think of opening up a live feed and look in on her was just reverting back to that silliness of three days ago.
Her bestie had the run of the house and that was that.

'Very well. But you should know she has taken to the steel.'

"Oh?..." this were a surprise...quite an entertaining one at that.
"Yea, Mariya?" Marina were taken back. She knew her bestie were proficient with weapons..but they had always been energy weapons. So Mariya were trying out the steel? Heh! That would be fun. Fun to cross steel for sport and fun. Marina and her brother had loved playing dungeons and dragons and especially with Dev, whom were always the wicked queen of the underworld and keeper of the imaginary dragon below. The king of the mountain (Onan) would play-send them on a quest to stay (find and lock up) the dragon and capture the queen. Although the queen would put up quite a fuss and parr blades with both Marina and Jerrid when they were just children. As the twins grew up and before they were sent off to off world schooling, Dev would remain their sparring partners...especially with Marina.

"Yes, our guest Mariya.
She seems to be enjoying herself down below." Dev replied.

Unbenownst to Marina, in the guise of play, she were being honed to master the blade, the steel. Steel, as what they called the blade, despite it were a cortosis blade. A blade that could even go up against a light-saber.
But to Marina, it were just traditional sword art...play..sport. Never in her wildest dreams would she consider or even touch upon the idea to use steel for real. Her grandfather, brother and father knew this, but they still secretively sharpened her skills with the blade, nevertheless. The only family members that seemed to be exempt in the art of the blade were her elder sister Duchess Katie and Marina's mom, Duchess Sansa.
then of course, Marina's physical prowless. It were not by pure chance or doned a gift from the gods, no. Skiing, mountain climbing, cross country, sparring, volleyball..etc...etc...all contributed to her agility, keenness and fit.

"Noooo... Hehe..." Marina shook her head, realizing what Dev were trying to coax her on doing.
"I know what you are steering me to do, Dev. But no, not crossing steel with you this visit."
And...sigh....and could you not....you know..."

'Not spy on our guest?'

"Yea...
Although I wouldn't quite go that far, as calling it spying. Just no reason to look in on her, s'all " Marina sighed a relief, knowing Dev would sever her connection to the chalet's security system. well, as far as it concerned her bestie Mariya.

'Gasp...oh my!...where she go?...hahaha...' Dev chuckled, teasing Marina when she disconnected her wireless connection from the chalets security system.
'...I don't know!...' She raised her hands, palms up motioning that Mariya had suddenly disappeared from her view.

"Yea, yea, yea... just let her have reign. Seriously, don't monitor her. She really doesn't like that."

'Understood...now best you eat those chestnuts before they get too cold.' Dev replied, drawing a few more fresh chestnuts from the basket to roast.

The surface smelled better than the murky underground, that much was certain. Mariya gladly left the ladder and hopped over to an empty chair nearby, unzipping her sweater to reveal the precious bottle of wine. The light shone on the faded label, confirming her discovery. Vintage wine, one of the finest bottles. Marina had called it sovereign wine. How it ended up below the trapdoor was a mystery. In fact, the whole storeroom that she had stumbled upon was a mystery. The blonde placed the bottle carefully inside an empty crate and got up, walking over to the steel that was still leaning against the wood.

She needed to test the blade's strength. Or rather, her curiosity demanded her to do so. Mariya grabbed the sword and made a swing towards a broken chair that had seen better days. The wood was cut neatly into two, despite her lousy swordsmanship.

"Hmm."

Mariya made a second swing, this time splitting the legs into two as well. Another clean cut.

"Why are you kept here?"

There was only one person who could explain the mysteries. Mariya grabbed the vintage wine and held the blade by her hand, backtracking back to the living room where Marina was.

"Look what I found!"

She beamed, waving her hands excitedly in the air to show the bottle of wine and the sword.

Marina DeVoe

"Ok one more...but that's it! " Marina took another chestnut from the warmed basket that Dev had placed the checknuts she roasted.
There were a few handfull left and lots of shells. Well, there would have been a load of shell, except that Marina tossed them in the flames. But there were a few left...roasted ones and another two dozen or more yet to be roasted.

Marina certainly loved them, but reserved herself to saving enough for her bestie and then some for maybe later or the next day.
Dev nodded and placed the cooked and uncooked aside.
She didn't have to tell marina as to how thoughtful she were in considering others...her ward had grown up to be a fine young lady and in some mysterious ways, Dev was proud of her.

'Oh, good news!' Dev then suddenly arose Marina's curiosity.

"Oh?... snow letting up soon?"

'No, sorry, there's not much I can do about the storm. But it should pass by early morning. Fresh powder for both of you to carve.
But that is not the good news that I need to relay to you.'

"Ok...
Well?.... " She looked over to Dev.

"Jerrid has indicated that he should be stopping over in an hour or two if you and Mariya don't mind a visit."

"Yea?... Jerrid?
Yes, yes...tell him to hurry." Marina couldn't have had a beeter snow in than spending it with her bestie, Jerrid and Dev.

'Done.' Dev replied with a smile, before her attention trailed off to the West wing.
Marina followed suit, turning to see her bestie coming back on over to the living room.

"Mariya, look....Chestnuts!...saved some for you." Marina were so happy to see her bestie again and wanting to share her favorite fireplace nuts.

"Ahh...so that's the one you found. " She eyed the old blade, then the bottle. There was a survivor down there too? Then again, there were many passageways and chambers that had been carved out below, even before the outpost had been constructed and then renovated hundred of years ago to be what it was today.

Marina had been informed by Dev that her bestie had stumbled into one of the tunnels...dungeons, as Marina and Jerrid used to call them when they played down there as children.
"Hehe...you don't miss much huh?"
Oh how it didn't surprise Marina that her bestie would have had the interest in picking up one of the old steel down there. There were many and from different centuries and generations. At least they were the more practical steel and not the ceremonial ones her ancestors were buried with.

'I'll go retrieve you girls some new flutes.' Dev seemed to get up and start heading to the kitchen.' ...perhaps some cheeses and appetizers... antipasto or hot finger foods?"

"Ohhh, could you make both?" Marina beamed a smile with anticipation.

"As you wish...any preferences?'

"Uhmmm....some hot wings... jalapeno poppers.... Oh, some clams on a half shell..."

'He-he-he.... Ok, I'll see to that and maybe something else for you two.
Don't forget the chestnuts while they are still warm now...' And with that Dev Left to fetch the girls some fireplace snacks and wine glasses.

Marina then pat the comfy seat near her for her bestie to sit.
"Dev lowered the chalet's temp so that we'd be cozy by the fire. Here..let me see the sword. I can tell you how old it is and who's it were." It were certainly one of her ancestors, either before or after the destruction of her ancestral Alderaan.
"Anywho...try a chestnut. Dev just roasted them..."

Since the DeVoes had off-world interests before the Empire, there was no doubt that many of the family heirlooms or everyday common items that they possessed off world wound their way back to the new world...including antique furniture that had survived the Empire....although apparently not Mariya...lol

"Chestnuts? Nice! But don't you think you are asking for too much food?"

Mariya's comments were unheard or fell on deaf ears. The droid was more than eager to please her friend's request and left for the kitchen, leaving the two blondes alone in the living room for the time being. Mariya shook her head and gave up, planting herself onto the comfortable couch next to her friend. The blade was placed next to her, leaning against the leather seat while the bottle of wine went onto the table. Her eyes were drawn towards to the pile of roasted chestnuts that remained piping hot and she gave in to the fragrant aroma, picking one up and peeling off the shell.

"Mmmph..."

The warm sweet taste of the chestnut was enough to make her change her mind about having just one, reaching out for several more.

"I stumbled upon a dusty room and found those stuff lying around. But it can't be a storeroom. You don't find a storeroom in the middle of the corridor."

She reached out for the blade and held it in her hand, this time examining its hilt more closely to notice the emblem of Marina's house. There was no doubt in her mind that the blade belonged to a DeVoe in the past, but she was no weaponsmith and had no idea how to judge the weapon's age. Only the other blonde would be able to solve the mystery, so Mariya handed the hilt over to her friend.

"Whose sword is it? Don't tell me it's yours."

Marina DeVoe

Ahh...who's sword was it?...now that was both an easy question and a difficult one at best.
"House..." Was the first word as to who the sword belonged to.

"I didn't think you thought much of honorable blades from a once civilized era, other than modern energy weapons..." Marina replied, shifting in her seat to receive the blade.

She had a nice smile on, seeing how proper her bestie served her the blade.
"Hmmm...you handled blades before?" yes, that were new to Marina, if her bestie did, for she had never picked up on it. then again, neither of them asked the other.

"Ok...well, it's from ancient Alderaan. It's a house blade, like I said. This one is not of cortosis, but of crystalin infused metal...likely tungsten or what was the best at the time. Doesn't look like it ever went up against a light-saber, otherwise there'd be some shimmer marks where the crystals reformed around the matrix of the tungsten after contact." Marina went on to examine the hilt and markings on the steel.

"Anywho, a house blade is both a practice blade... and can also serve as a battle blade too. Although the ol'fuedal Alderaan definitely superceeds the one you hold. I don't think that one ever saw battle. But the construction quality remains the same...even to this day.
If it were a lord's blade, it would be made of cortosis and have the birthstone at the end. Cortosis would give it a darker sheen and the feel-...well, the feel would be more..." Marina grasped the hilt, weighing the sword.
"...more right. You know, more balanced, light...agile.." She then shimmied off the couch, holding the blade much like Mariya had held it first. Like one had to make the blade feel like it were an extension of their hand, their center and mind become one. Everything had to come to a perfect balance. then one could almost be invincible...or so the teachings indicated.
But to marina, it were all pretend and games she played with her brother, under the watchful eyes of her grandfather and Dev.

Taking a few steps away, she hefted the blade, feeling it some more, balancing it in her hand...finding the right feel of leverage. Then she swung it left, right..and in an uninterrupted move, the blade switched in mid swing to a backhand hold then back forward again.
"Yea...Jerrid liked this one...it's a bit heftier than the one's I used to play with." She flipped the blade letting it spin in the air like a top before catching it and handing it back...hilt side again to her bestie.

"Yep...Jerrid alright...hehe.
He'll have to swing for it, leaving it out like that in-... in the corridor?...hehe.." Yea, like how many times were they told to respect the blades and put them back in the collection after they were done with it.

'Oh, now where did you dig that up from?'
Dev came in with the appetizers. She laid the tray down and went over to Mariya, to look over the blade.

'The ol'357 magnum...yes, very well made blade series. I meant to put it back, Marina. But I was first going to hone it. I must have put it down and simply forgot about it." She then said matter-of-fact.

"Nah... I want my brother to swing for it. Thanks anyway, Dev." Marina chuckled. "I'll let him know you had put in a good effort on his behalf...Hehe"
Yes, it were a nice try on Dev's part to take the hit for her brother. But droids don't have a tendency to forget, so it was obvious what Dev were trying to do.
Then again, Marina had never snitched on her brother, even though they often teased one another in doing so.

Marina plopped herself back on the comfy leather and crossed her legs, peering over the goodies.
"Hmmm...not the healthiest...but sure the tastiest...
Oh, yea, thanks Dev." She reached over, accepting the small china plate and fork from her nanny, before picking some of the morsels off the platter.

"Say, Mariya...seriously, have you ever like thought about taking up swordplay?...you know, like foil?"

'Looks like your sister's not having much luck today. She wouldn't be out with her friend in that... I don't think.' His grandfather came up behind Jerrid, who was gazing out over the South side at the storm brewing about where his sister had gone off to ski.

"We've done a few white outs out there...she knows the mountains like you do.
But you're right, she not one to risk a friend...ever." he smiled, thinking of how his sister evolved into the woman she were. A true Duchess... a princess if given a kingdom. Only they were bond by word to the Royal House of Organa here on Alderaan. It were a covenant unbroken for millenniums.

'Your mind's elsewhere my boy.... I can feel your fevor from where I stand. You've been cautioned to obscure it...even in my presence here.'

"You're just guessing." Jerrid retorted his grandfather, a master.

'Oh, am I?....Dost thou think thine dream tis thy own? Nay...that dominion's tis in our blood.
Seen I on Mantoblaun...felt her...smelled her scent like she were born there.' His tone changed, reverting to the old tongue.

"You dream of my sister?...sigh.
One more thing i cannot seem to do. I can only feel her heart....just her heart...."

'Tis a mystery not even the ancients can answer. There is purpose there no doubt. Her creation tis not of chance. Yet the mystery has yet to unfold...' Onan replied, before he put his hand on his grandson's shoulder.
"The ore's unloaded. You father is transporting it to the refineries. Stay a spell, the kingdom is in good keep.
Meet the storm thine been contemplating the past hour head on. Go to her.' His grandfather urged him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Another DeVoe family speeder sedan breaks through the white out, making it's approach on the landing pad of the chalet.
"That'll suit me fine, Dev. Just didn't want to intrude on their day." He replied to the the house droid.
Dev had a direct comm to her posi-brain, enabling her to communicate silently through her processors. It seemed telepathic, but it were just plain ol'communications.

Jerrid had taken off from Mt Cetril, which the storm seemed to be bypassing as it were hundreds of kilometer's distant from Mt Thul where the girls were.
The landing or his speeder's landing were pretty much obscured and not at all would have been noticed. Especially since Dev wasn't going to announce that Marina's brother had decided to finally come. Besides, it seemed more fun for her ward Marina to be surprised, according to Dev. And Jerrid had quite a close relationship with his former nanny bot which was almost as close as Marina was.
Although somehow, Dev seemed to be really attached to his sister, like a real family member. This didn't at all raise an eyebrow on Jerrid, nor the family. Dev had been designed to be an extension of the family and had true attachments that could be construed as favoritism. And Marina seemed to be Dev's favorite.

He put the speeder down and zippered up his winter parka, grabbing a small pack just before he opened the canopy. The sheer wind force was something to be reckoned with, besides the stinging snow. But this was a typical whiteout and nothing a DeVoe couldn't dredge through.
He knew the way to the front entrance by instinct as the chalet was nearly invisible in the storm.
One, two anteroom (foyers) later, parka neatly stowed, Jerrid walked into the calmness and serenity of the chalet. The warm glow of the fire drawing him toward the two girls sitting comfortably, sipping their wine by the fire.
Dev knew of his presence, but gave no hint or clue as to his advancement. She simply were attentive to the girl's needs, listening and enjoying their girl talk and playfulness. The sword was still pretty much part of their conversation when Jerrid cleared his throat, announcing his presence.

"Ahem.... mind if a weary traveler warms his bones by your fire?" he said, startling his sister.

"...Mariya." He then managed to get a smile in acknowledging the armed blonde.

"A house blade from Alderaan. Wait, didn't Alderaan... get blown into pieces?"

It was a touchy subject, which was why she hesitated for a moment before continuing. There was simply no way to go about mentioning the fact that the original homeworld of her friend was blown into bits. The land that they were standing on was reformed by some super technology. If the blade came from old Alderaan, it meant that the blade was ancient, at least eight hundred years or more. It would also explain why the hologram capture of the man was dressed in clothing that appeared to be out of style.

"Eight hundred years has passed and you are telling me this blade still works?" She exclaimed, almost wanting to jump out of her chair. But no, that was reserved for the more shocking fact regarding her friend who handled the blade like a professional swordsman. Or swordswoman, since Marina was a lady. Either way, that was enough to make her stare at her friend who had casually showed off her skills and handed back the blade by the hilt. Mariya grabbed the sword again, standing up and trying to mimic what her friend did. It was a spectacular failure where the blade flipped through the air and impaled itself onto the carpet floor.

Before she could reply to Marina's question, a voice had boomed out behind them.

"Jerrid? Oh... hi."

Mariya turned her head around to see the blonde knight entering into the living room, her eyes widened from the sudden entrance and froze for a moment. Did she just embarrass herself in front of Marina's brother? She cleared her throat and picked up the sword from the carpet, noticing the hole she had made.

"You... you come at the right time, hahaha..."

Despite her best attempt to look chill, her cheeks were flushing red as she made a gesture to offer Jerrid a seat next to the two of them.

Darn, Mariya. Why did you have to do that? Now he is going to remember that foolish act of yours forever.

He had to admire her muscle tone. She certainly had it, only that it weren't yet in tune with a bastard blade...yet.
Her balance and stance were pretty much on the cuff, she just needed to learn discipline...harmony...learn the basic defense, thrust, offense... good...good...not too shabby a play. Then-

It slipped from her hand a quarter second too early on her mimicking her friend's move, taking her by surprise.
Thunk... it sank tip end on the floor.

Seemed Jerrid had his eye on her form a bit too long as it also nearly had him burst into laughter when Mariya planted the steel on the floor. Sure it cut the authentic fur carpet, but what the blonde didn't know was that the blade tip penetrated into the marble floor under the same carpet. The infused crystalline carbide easily penetrated the stone floor like it were made of wood.

"Hi, back..." His eyes couldn't help but follow her through in retrieving the old bastard, his old practice blade...one of several still around from a time Alderaan weren't so peaceful, but feudal.

"So you know... the wampa's been dead awhile already..." He just had to smile, glancing to the cut in the pelt, before noticing her rosy cheeks. She were blushing? Mariya's demeanor most certainly put her there. Were she caught in a moment, his thoughts took to ponder.?
Hmm...so he weren't intruding... she just weren't expecting him to be there behind her, he were reading her body language, but not being intrusive or seemingly judgmental. Then again, he were also taking the opportune in checking out her person in motion. She had form, no argument there...just needed to apply it to the blade to complete the orchestration.

Jerrid then went to lift a corner of the pelt with his foot, exposing one...two similar cuts.
"One's mine, courtesy of my sister relieving me of the same blade...hahaha...." Seemed a blade or two had been sunk into the floor before. Jerrid were not so proud as not to admit he had been bested once or twice from his own sibling..or Dev even. One couldn't learn without experiencing failure first.
And also to ease the blonde's nerve, to show her that there could be a dozen or more such similar haps all over the fur rug. But that was what a good wampa pelt did, take a cut and still look like it just came off the poor beast.
Now how a wampa pelt came to rest on this very floor was another story for another time.

But that were all he was going to say or mention of the matter, for he were't interested in Mariya's lack of skill, she could learn that quite fast, he was certain of it. No, it were more interested of the bond she had with his sister. Mariya were the only one his sister had ever bonded with outside the family, and of course her nanny, Dev. Sure his sister made friends. it came easy for her. But he could feel his sister's heart and it were more than friend...it were like Mariya was another sister of theirs, only much more pleasant to interact with. Jerrid loved his older sister Katie. But Katie were not at all like marina. Katie were more proper, if the word meant she fit the mold of a perfect Duchess of their house. Katie was just that, a Duchess, all fit and proper. But Marina was and had always been something more and one that couldn't settle into a title role of Duchess.
No.
His sister Marina seemed to belong to a greater kingdom....perhaps her own one day.

"Master Jerrid..." Dev had gotten up and had picked up the basket of roasted chestnuts.

"Oh Dev... dear Dev...you actually saved them." He said, taking two.
Shelling one, he thanked the droid, motioning he was good with the two, before he sat down next to his sister. His sister who reached over and planted her cheek on his chest, giving him a warm bear like hug.
She were so happy he had decided to come, especially since they were snowed in at the moment.

"No, no....I'm fine Dev... thanks" Again Jerrid waved off the nanny's offer for him to sample the antipasto and finger foods.
"Looks like you two went on a treasure hunt...." he eyed the old red.

"So...what do you think?... like how close can one come to the mark without hitting it dead center?" He asked Mariya, nodding to Dev, accepting the droid's offer to get him a glass also.

Of course he meant the wine and not her first bout with something she had held for the first time. Although his thoughts were skirting on the notion of parring with her a few lessons. it would be interesting to see how fast she could take to steel. Jerrid knew of Mariya's skills as a soldier, mercenary...bounty hunter. She had made her mark and it had not gone unnoticed. well, he had not noticed it personally per say. But he had his legions of ravens (eyes and ears) about the galaxy. And she certainly had left her mark...

Marina DeVoe

She were going over the platter, picking her most favorite of appetizers when 'thump' came the sword down to the floor.
Marina's ears perked up, before she slowly turned as she were all too familiar with that sound.
Sure enough it were sword in stone again. On the marble floor that is.

And who out of the blue but her brother were standing there. it took her as well as her bestie by surprise. Marina were about to leap off her comfy couch when Dev eased a hand on her leg to remind her not to make too much a fuss with her friend around. The droid then directed marina's line of sight to Mariya's blushing. Seemed the little mishap meant more to her friend in liu of her brother witnessing it. Marina buttoned up giving Dev a slight nod, letting the interlude between her brother and Mariya play out.

Sure enough, Jerrid played it off like it were no big thing, letting her friend see for herself that she weren't the first one to let a blade fly where it may. Her brother's tale of when she had relieved him of his sword was half truth. It had been her and Dev against her brother, with Dev using two swords, one in each hand to divert her brother's par enabling Marina to disarm him. That was 3 years ago and neither now together could best him. But his intention on easing her friend's embarrassment were noble.

She scooted over when he sat his self down. What could she do but give her brother a warm hug. She had missed him, with him going away the past few years on some kind of family business or whatever. She didn't buy it, although her father and grandfather did. So she didn't much push her inquiry. It were always something her brother felt was too mundane to discuss, indicating it was just too boring then and even more of a bore to recount it.
marina had to respect that.
Still, she missed him so much sometimes. especially when her bestie had disappeared into thin air for all those horrid months.

But that was behind her now. Both were here now and she couldn't ask for anything more.

"She had saved them for me you know..." She teased her brother.

Dev just looked over the two almost seemingly smiling. Yes, Dev had put a good portion away in the cryo-freezer. But she knew Jerrid liked the roasted chestnuts as much as Marina. As thus, she really had plenty. And she made certain chestnuts were always in stock.

"Gah..you're no fun..." She lightly clunked her brother on the shoulder. He hadn't taken the bait...the tease. Seemed he were-
'Gasp... Noooo way.....' Marina's intuition tickled her playful mind. Suddenly shutting her trap, she were letting wild off the wall thoughts bounce about her playful mind.

Her brother seemed to pick up on her new twist, giving her a quick shot of his eyeballs. Marina caught them a moment and knew he didn't wish for her to play it. But did he? He was here wasn't he?

"Sigh..." She looked away a moment over to the white-out outside and picked up the red, the old bottle that Mariya had brought up from the cellar. Dev right away got cued in bringing him a glass.
marina then went on to top off he bestie's glass including her own, waiting for Dev to bring her brother a glass.

"On the mark, if you ask me.." Marina replied before Mariya could answer him.

"Oh...sorry....you were asking her...right..." Her eyes met Jerrid's again. No she wasn't sorry.
She were now testing to see how much her brother liked her bestie.

"But yes, so how does the old compare with the new?" She casually turned to Mariya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom