Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Blonde Besties in Alderaan

It were good to be returning home.
Yet, the world where he had just jumped from were a home away from home. It would one day be his place of rest, much like that of his great grandfather Jules and the generations before him.
Jerrid had carried with him a kind of pack, which he had slung over his shoulder upon leaving his ship 'The Raven's Nest'.

He lay it on his bed, opening it up to withdraw his blade. It had been made for him in the traditional art of metalwork. It were made of cortosis, a blade by which could stand up to even a light-saber. The sword had been fashioned for him years ago when his grandfather Onan opened his eyes to their true heritage. yes, they were Alderaani by bloodline true and true. But then at one time in the dark history of Alderaan, there had been a time when a feudal society existed..when warlords ruled over the Providences. It were of a time long past and for many; forgotten. But the DeVoes had never forgotten their roots, even after the great reforms and amnesties by which greatly changed Alderaan and it's peoples...including the noble bloodlines.

And for many Millenniums, many of those noble bloodlines that were once the lords of war became pacifist.
So it had been with the DeVoes too. Until that fateful day when by whim and spite, Alderaan had been obliterated. Those were the darkest times for Alderaani that had found themselves off world. To many, they themselves had wished to have perished along with their families when that apocalyptic event struck them.

Jerrid took his blade in hand, and as he recounted his family history and as to why he were divided as so between two worlds, he placed a kiss on the cold cortosis blade. It were a ritual upon returning to a family home. It signified remembrance, honor, and commitment to the Order.

in his heart, he recounted the great of grandfathers who had survived Palpatines Death Star and his return to whom they once were.And of the Zarkans who welcomed him back into the kingdom. Since then, nearly 9 centuries past, the deVoes had secured a part of that kingdom. And as each elder time came to bid their surrogate world of Alderaan leave, they returned to their kingdom to rule as warlords.
Jerrid's grandfather's time were soon at hand. A tear ran down Jerrid's cheek as he knew the time neared. But the tear were not for his grandfather, but for his sister Marina.
Her heart would be broken, for she would be told that her grandfather had passed away while she were off world.
A lie.
Yet he already could feel her pain.
He placed another kiss upon the blade, sealing the covenant he had made many years ago.
Still, his sister's heart beat within his chest also, and it were pained.

It took nothing more than a new breath of air, to compose his self and make light his features aglow.
An anxious smile graced his reflection as he buttoned up his normal attire for this world.
So his sister had brought this [member="Mariya Fleischer"] home this day... it would be both a pleasure and honor to finally meet whom his sister had taken to heart. He had known how his sister felt about this friend. he had felt it even at distances beyond one's reckoning. Strange it were to share a heart beat.
Stranger still, that as close they were, he could not sense her presence...only her heart.

"Heh!.." He chuckled, realizing that time had since passed him during ritual.
Jerrid then sheathed the blade and placed it down, next to his pack on the bed.

"Dearest heart of mine..." A voice from behind, cut Marina's inquiry.

"...you're making me sound like I've suddenly gone MIA, right at our doorstep no less." Jerrid laughed, as his hands came to rest on his sister's shoulders. it were done for quite a few reasons.

He literally took her breath away surprising her like that, before she tried to spin around...hence his person on her shoulders keeping her from getting overly excited. Jerrid knew his sister and how she seemed to loose self restraint when seeing him after months apart.

He nevertheless placed a loving kiss on her cheek, giving her a few good pats on her shoulders, before taking a knee beside her.
"Oh remain seated, my sister." Jerrid said, before she took to reaching over to give him a hug.

"So what's this about, me walking on two feet?" he then said, his eyes moving to their guest on the other side of Marina.

He then rose to his feet, while still holding light of his sister's hand.
His heartbeat were in sync with that of Marina's.
Now he fully understood as to the loyalty and friendship his sister felt of this Mariya.

Before a single word escaped his lip, Marina introduced her friend Mariya to him.

She moves like she don't care
The chit chat went on among the DeVoes, with Mariya gladly staying out of the discussion for the moment. She knew that the two Dukes were happy with her wines and appreciated the praise coming from the grandfather granddaughter duo of wine connoisseurs. The protein on her plate was polished clean and she went for a second helping, this time taking a rack of ribs with red wine sauce. She nodded her head when the tender meat melted in her mouth, savouring the complexity of the sauce and the right amount of fats. The cooks in the kitchen did a fantastic job and she suspected that she could easily gain a few pounds if every meal was this rich.

"Marina spoke to me earlier to help out with the deliveries and shipping lines. Of course, we will need to go through the details but that can be done later," she injected a line in between the conversation when the topic of a business venture was brought up by Duke Kyle. There was nothing else to be said really, since Marina was a DeVoe and could probably tap on the family resources if she needed them. The discussion took a turn towards Marina' brother, the mysterious noble whom Mariya had yet been introduced.

A voice spoke out behind the doorway, making the blonde turn her head around to see [member="Jerrid Syn"] walking into the dining hall. The blonde man was attired in traditional Alderaanian robes with complex stitches running along the seams, indicating a sense of luxury and nobility that suited the noble family. Mariya noticed the interaction between Jerrid and her friend, concluding that the twins were close. Marina looked terribly excited as usual, almost getting out of her chair but was stopped by her brother. Her friend ended up sitting on the chair to introduce Mariya to Jerrid.

"Hello Lord Jerrid, it's a pleasure to meet you," Mariya stood up and curtised. Emerald eyes met the man's piercing gaze and immediately the blonde knitted her eyes slightly. Her intuition had saved her more than once in all the battles she had undertaken through the years, sometimes screaming aloud when danger was around. There were no signs of danger, yet she felt a slight brush of coldness against her skin which was uncomfortable enough to give her goosebumps.

"I must admit, I never realised that Marina has a brother until I arrived here," Mariya broke into a smile and forced herself to blink once. The strange sensation of dread was gone, replaced by the cheerful atmosphere of the dinner. "Seems like both of you are pretty close," she turned her gaze to [member="Marina DeVoe"] who was still smiling.

Lord...
Lord Jerrid, she had spoken...
It were his rightful title, only not this far from the center core. A play of words?..perhaps.

Marina's hand slipped from his as he came around his sister to reciprocate a proper greeting to their guess. He bowed in return, coming up to meet her green lush orbs. It were inevitable to naturally draw oneself upon first meeting to their eyes..the very portal of one's soul.
And it easily reflected the green Spring pastures of the midlands. The sting of winter's past still lingering in the air... cool breeze sweeping across the grasses and wildflowers...warmed only by the bright sun itself.
Jerrid had drawn breath and in turn, her aura.
The particles of air by which had graced across her features, her hair and at every breath she took, his olfactories took to sample. It were in the same sense as a predatory creature's ability to pick up scents and know who were about.
It had not been his rouse to do so consciously, but following his return from the realm, he had let slip unconsciously...if for a moment.

"Jerrid..." His grandfather's thought reverberated in his conscious self, waning him to stay. "..she is untapped..." It were but for a brief moment that he had let slip his prowess here at their dinner table, and his grandfather checked him.

"Nay Mariya..." He quickly retracted his reach. It had been subtle, like that of a shadow passing under an overcast sky. There, but barely.
It still had surprisingly triggered what his grandfather had suspected; their guest were enlightened and had yet to discover it for herself.
"...tis just Jerrid." he knew better than to pry, as he spoke to Mariya.
She were their guest and his sister's coveted friend. Aside all of what he was, he were no predator.

"Please...be seated." he took to brace Marina's chair, before she took control of it, noting the very moment of transition. His peripheral nevertheless took in her poise, her skeletal frame moving with unconscious precision and grace. His sister's friend were well toned if one knew how well muscles worked when fully exercised.
Right..she were after all a bounty hunter. Well refined, he noted to self.

"My apologies, for arriving at the table so late. Didn't mean to disrupt dinner like this." He said it in general terms, fighting the urge to look into Mariya's green pastures again...they had seemed so full of life, discovering. Instead, he met his sister's glare...a rather teasing look she had on him at that given moment.
Jerrid furled a brow over to her. Now what was his sister up to?
Meh, it were an easy guess really, as he knew his sister too well. Despite this, the fact remained that this were the very first friend Marina had ever brought home. Why would he not be curious?
He picked up on his sister's play. It were spontaneous on her part and not planned, this much he knew, for she had not known he would be returning this same day. Coincidence. Such factors did exist, despite destiny were in their bloodline.

Jerrid came around Marina's chair, tussling her hair about before he took his place across from her and next to their grandfather.
It were by no coincidence that their father (Duke Kyle) sat at the head of the table, having been given title to Head of House. Their mother whom were currently on a peace campaign would have taken her place at the other end of the table...

"Well, I must admit you're a lot more uplifted than when I left, my Dear Heart." he then said after he sat down and met his sister's smile. It were very much like their grandfather lovingly called Marina. His sister's smile were indeed like sunshine itself....catching.
"Glad to see you in your happy self again. It were something which I had dearly missed and implored Sheia to let the darkness pass."

Oh how his heart took to her beat so readily, and it rejoiced him within. It were at that moment that he knew for certain that his sister had truly bonded with this diamond in the ruff, she called friend. It pleased him to know his sister had found one so true and unspoiled.
He sneaked in a hunter's glare over to Marina. She'd know he had turned this new game of her's on her.

"What?... you started it..." he chuckled replying to Marina's playful banter that he were now teasing her.

"Ahem...
Jerrid...try the wine, my boy... " Their grandfather broke their little play, reaching over to fill Jerrid's glass.

"...compliments of our lovely guest.." their grandfather shot Marina a wink. He weren't waxed to not pick up on her game.

They said eyes spoke a thousand words.

Mariya smiled again, her eyes turning from her friend to Jerrid. The contrast could not be more different between the twins. Marina's eyes sparkled like diamonds in the sky, like shiny orbs of laughter most of the time and tearful gazes when she got emotional. [member="Jerrid Syn"]'s eyes were colder, more controlled. Piercing even, as if he was studying her. Truth be told, she did notice him looking at her from head to toe. Was it the outfit that she was wearing that was out of place? Unlikely, because [member="Marina DeVoe"] would have pointed out from the beginning. No, he was probably just studying her posture.

"Very well, I shall address you as Jerrid then," she smiled, taking a seat down after the man who clearly carried himself with an nobility aura compared to her friend. Why, she had no idea the background of her friend until recently, and the extent of her social status. No, Marina behaved like a woman who preferred a more carefree life. Her twin brother seemed to be the one carrying more responsibility within the family.

She glanced at the food, continuing her meal and noticed the blonde man exchanging glances with Marina. What was her friend thinking now? Judging from the way the blonde minx was looking at her brother, it seemed to be nothing less than a playful banter.

"Please, I will appreciate frank comments about my latest products from my vineyard," Mariya nodded her head when Duke Onan poured a glass of red into his grandson's glass. Now all she needed to do was to pass the knight's taste buds and she would feel more relieved. Mariya could not place her finger somewhere, but Jerrid was mysterious. And sometimes mysteries were best left unturned.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
The wines...yes of course, the wines...

It had been so easy to wander off her main agenda as to see how her family thought of the Sovereignty wines her friend had been able to attain in her vineyard.
Of course, Mariya didn't call them Sovereignty, as that old label had come to a closure when their ancestral world were destroyed nearly 9 centuries earlier.
But the DeVoes had off world interests and had been the executive distributors of the wines back during those dark times. The DeVoes after all had many off world holdings, including a shipping and distribution company. With that, the warehouses off world which were stocked with the Sovereignty wines they distributed.

The one sole DeVoe survivor, whom was off world acting as an executive for the family when the Imperial Death Star struck Alderaan, closed down their off world operations, including the warehouse which housed the wines to be distributed.
As the surviving DeVoe went on to continue their bloodline, the wines were kept within the family and the remaining stocks were never sold or distributed outside the family.
History leads to the present and the DeVoes once more prospered in their current state. And what of the Sovereignty Wines? They were close to depletion, 900 years after the last bottle had been corked on their ancestral Alderaan.

Their new surrogate home, had not been able to yield the same grapes, nor anything as fine as the Sovereignty Wines of old.
Not until this day...

Marina waited with bated breath, for her brother to take to the plethora of the fruity wines. And his reaction were that of what she had first felt. the tangy fruit flavor of old exploded within their taste buds. The flavor, the spirit of their ancestral world were as alive in Mariya's wine as they were in their stock of the old wines which soon would have been the last.

Jerrid did as his grandfather had..took to lift up Soul Brother's and Sister bottle, examining the glass, the small traces of fine settlement on the bottom. It seemed he too had to feel the new bottle, take in the aromatic essence of the wine right from the bottle...and pour another quarter glass.
The liquid sparkled in the natural pipped in sky-lighting.

"...come on.......come on....." She uttered under her breath.
Marina's leg tapped anxiously, waiting for her brother's report.

"...arghhh..." she almost said that loud enough for her friend to hear, as her brother reached for the white. Again the arduous and disciplined ceremonial wine tasting routine.

"Oh come on already!.." Marina accidentally blurted out.

Tap, tap..tap... went Duke Kyle's index on the table to get his daughter's attention.
" Marina....please." her father reminded her they were at dinner and with a guest no less.

"Yea, but... sigh....but he's tasted the red..." she replied, impatiently.
"He's-
...come on Jerrid, stop teasing."

"Marina!...
Is there some time limit...some expiration that we are not made aware of?" her father always made sense.

"Noooooo.....
Fine, here then..." She reached for the rose' and planted it in front of her brother, giving him a stare down. Naturally, it didn't even phase him. This of course got a little growl from his sister as she leaned back down on her chair and folded her arms...waiting for Jerrid to finish taunting her.

"Then please settle down.." her father lovingly suggested.
Of course he weren't, but this was Marina and Jerrid her brother. They had played many games before since they could crawl... and somehow or other, he always seemed to come on top or land on his feet.

"He's doing this to tease me, you know..." She had turned to Mariya, commenting/ informing her of her brother's rouse.

"Hahaha..oh my Sunshine...such storms you brew are like the summer breeze passing across the midland grasses..." her grandfather chuckled, taking hold of the red, his grandson had done sampling and poured his self another half glass.

"Yea...well, he's doing this only to stir me up s'all..." She gave Jerrid a snarl expression. He simply winked back and took to the rose'.

"Marina, perhaps you can stop tapping your leg against mine..." the visitor whispered to her friend who had been acting impatient. "You are making me nervous."

The wine tasting session was slow, but by no means unbearable. Mariya was more interested in the food in front of her and more curious about her friend's brother. What was the feeling when she first set her gaze at him? Curiosity, yes. Dread? Not exactly. Uncomfortable. Yes, there was a hint of uncomfortableness, a tint of dread and a sense of mystery. It was like a woman's intuition, but that usually popped out during intimate relationships. No, her intuition was stronger than that and had never failed her. She fought the urge to stare at Jerrid again, to look at his face and his piercing glance.

Nope. Best to keep the thoughts to herself and not to probe the mystery. Also not to tell [member="Marina DeVoe"] who would probably blurt out everything if she found out something was amiss.

"The food is really good. Thanks for inviting me."

Mariya had cleaned up her second helping and was eyeing the third. Her appetite was generally good, but the food was tempting her to continue. She decided she could squeeze in one more dish. A piece of scone with a slab of clotted cream. A crème brûlée with wonderful burnt sugar on top. How about a chocolate souffle for ending? Mariya snuck it into her plate as well, ignoring the amount of sugar she was putting in. Not tonight.

"Mmmph..." she smiled to herself when she stuck the piece of warm bakery into her mouth after covering it with the sinful cream.

He knew his sister and it weren't something that she would pull...not at the table, much less their father and their grandfather. As much as he were tempted to ask if she were up to her tricks again, he knew she wouldn't pull that on her own father and especially her grandfather. She adored him, took to his advice and guidance above anyone else, including her father and him.
No, these wines had to be taken seriously.

Besides, his elders seemed quite convinced of the genuine quality of what Jerrid was making out as coming from Alderaani grapes. They patiently waited for his own opinion. It were something by which Jerrid could not just wave his approval into the wind...his opinion had merit. It were also a test. more so from his grandfather, whom in all retrospect was really their High Lord, despite stepping down from Head of House DeVoe.

This facade of Onan stepping down from Head of House DeVoe were in actuality a rouse. For centuries now through the generations following the destruction of their ancestral Alderaan, the DeVoes lived a double life. One here on Alderaan as nobles with all the virtues and honor that had been recognized and passed down through tradition for Millenniums.... and as High Lords on Lohrs, in the same sense as the DeVoes had once been thousands of years ago before the reforms, at a time when Alderaan were a feudal society. A well kept family secret to this day...and from the female genders of their bloodline.

No, he were not at all teasing his sister, taking his time to sample the wines. Although it did lift his heart and it were quite amusing as to how marina were seeing it play out in her perspective.
And that got him a good kick to his shins. It were apparent something took place below the table settings as the wine in his glass surged like that of a wild ocean wave, spilling over the rim.

Tap..tap..tap.. Duke Kyle's finger drummed on the table. It were all the acknowledgement from their father that were given his daughter. The Duke weren't one to reprimand his daughter for such childish behavior...not when it were between the two siblings. But they did however have a guest at the table and perhaps Jerrid's father thought maybe Marina should remember that.

Nevertheless, Jerrid finally put his glass down, casually placing a napkin over to where his some of the rose' took to spill over. His eyes met that of his grandfather. They both had a little mutual chuckle. yes, the wines were of a quality and spirit though long lost in the new world. But Jerrid knew by the gleam in his grandfather's eyes that these wines were destined for the old...Lohrs.

Jerrid turned to their beautiful guest...gazing but for a moment in what he noticed to be a gale passing over the fertile grass by which reflected through her eyes. Jerrid knew he should have acclimated his self better upon returning home. Even with a warm heart that had the same beat of his sibling, it had beat fiercely and with fever not 3 days past. The memory of blood spilling upon the midland borders of both men and beasts still lingered freshly in his mind. It were not unlike the meal which had been prepared before them. The plethora of flavor and texture would linger upon one's tastes...a good meal not readily forgotten.

"I've no recourse but to state that nothing of this quality has ever been drawn from our surrogate earth...nor elsewhere in this vast galaxy, Mariya." his eyes slowly let go hold of her emerald greens for they were of a hue of the earth he reluctantly had left. Yes, his heart were that of his sister's and with it, the same love of their surrogate home here on Alderaan too. But his sister had never felt Lohrs star upon her features, or taken in her air, nor walked upon her fertile soil... even meeting a Lohrd (native people of Lohrs).
No, Marina never knew of Lohrs. And for that, his heart wept for his sister, for she were meant for Lohrs. It were in her blood... his blood.

"You have brought into this house what was once thought long lost...a spirit long remembered of an age long past.
If there could come to exist this one wine for this one day...it's memory would grace that of memory of old.
There are not enough words by which can be spoken before the night stars could light the heavens above that would do justice to what you've accomplished." he said, as his grandfather nodded, concurring pleasingly.

Marina seemed to be looking from Jerrid to Mariya, over to her elders, and back to Jerrid several times, trying to figure out if at all her brother thought of the wines as she did.

"I am pleased that my wines are to your liking, Jerrid," she smiled at the words of praise given by the knight. Her eyes could not help but stare at him again, trying to see if she could recapture the mysterious moment when they first met each other. Unfortunately, there was nothing this time. No goosebumps, no uneasiness and no feeling of dread. Was she being overly sensitive? The blonde had absolutely no idea and was forced to focus on other things.

"Don't worry, your brother definitely likes them." The most obvious thing to focus was her friend, [member="Marina DeVoe"] who was oblivious to the whole situation. The next obvious thing to focus on was the pile of desserts she had somehow placed onto her plate. She picked up her spoon and dug into the crème brûlée next, tasting the blissful burnt sugar melting in her mouth and the soft texture of the creamy custard. Another spoon, followed by another.

"This is really good."

She never had a sweet tooth and had always being doubtful about enjoying desserts, but today was the exception. Maybe the souffle would top things up. The soft chocolate split open with a sizzling steam, indicating it was baked not too long ago. She stuck her spoon into the chocolate and was about to pick it up when she realised all eyes were on her. The guest was eating more desserts than the rest of the table combined.

"Erm... I haven't taste such things before," she admittedly with a blush that was enough to let the rest encourage her to go on. Mariya paused for a moment, deciding to pose an innocent sounding question to satisfy her curiosity.

"So Jerrid... seems like you have just arrived home from a distant trip. Was the journey fun?"

"Fun?... hahaha..." he couldn't help but find her question suitable as to how his sister were acting around him.

Marina was being her usual self, being overly excited and her childish manner running away on her. It took him back to their adolescent days when they were one heart, one soul and before his indoctrination to the destiny he were to fulfill.
"...I've never given a thought to as it being fun.
Not in the sense as to the way my sister believe what fun is..."

Yes, that got him another good kick to his shins.

"But no, I don't believe I could have called it fun.
Not like the fun I have here, nor more than I care to admit enjoying." He made like he returned the favor under the table, missing Marina. She chuckled believing she were too fast for him under the table.

Duke Kyle just sighed, taking another sip of wine from his glass. Sometimes he just had to choose his struggle with Marina...and with Jerrid when the two got going as such. Both together as such were a force he could not reckon with. And Kyle doubted his own father would admit to it himself either. But all else aside, here on Alderaan, they were as any normal family could be. Nobility held no crown when it came to family. Onan, the elder Duke knew too well his granddaughter and Jerrid. He simply sat back and enjoyed the love. This was all that seemed to matter at the family table. No talk of business, nor of politics...just family being family...weird or normal, just like any normal family.

"Ok, Ok, I give!" Jerrid then suddenly said with his hands palm side up, facing his sister.
The proud smirk on her features were priceless.
"...would like to forgo limping after dinner." Jerrid seemed to have surrendered to Marina in their under the table little skirmish.

"Not faulting your wines, Mariya. They far exceed what I can put into words." It were without question Jerrid thought highly of Mariya's wines.

"Here, here.." seconded the elder Duke.

"Closing on your inquiry, Mariya; I'm mostly abroad representing our family interests.
"I know, I know, grandfather...no talk of business or what not at the table. But with the exceptional guest here before us, I don't wish to come off pompous if I avert Mariya's question."

His grandfather agreed, then took a sip of his rose' again.

"House DeVoe before the fall of the Republic nearly 9 centuries ago had many interests abroad...shipping, being one of the key enterprises. Fortunately an ancestor...a greater grandfather was off world when our ancestral Alderaan was destroyed. Fortunately again, not all of our interests abroad were seized by the Empire. Our greater grandfather took to secure all that could be salvaged and ...and was quite fertile i might have to add. So here we are...almost at a Millennia mark and as prosperous as we ever were. Needless to say, my grandfather Duke Onan took to step down from official office and my father took to be head of house. This left an open for someone to oversee our off world interests. Present." Jerrid gestured with open arms to his person.

"Fun?... not anything like the fun I seem to enjoy here with family. No.
Family is life..." he gave his sister a sweet smile.
"...with Sunshine in the middle."

"Here, here.." The elder Duke seconded.

The chocolate dessert was tempting her. Mariya found herself tucking in with her spoon while listening to [member="Jerrid Syn"], pausing midway to observe the knight surrendering to his sister's awful kicks. The constant bickering between the twins never seemed to tire either of them, creating a light hearted atmosphere at the dining table. It was good to see everyone enjoying themselves for a comfortable meal, with a spread that offered more than necessary. Hopefully the servants would be able to enjoy some of the leftovers or untouched food.

"Sounds like quite a business venture," she smiled and decided that Jerrid had replied to her question without giving any concrete answers. There was no point harping on it further, except to query [member="Marina DeVoe"] if time permitted.

"I am glad everyone enjoyed the wines. Appreciate the kind hospitality and dinner. A toast then?" She poured a glass of red and lifted it in the air. "To the House of DeVoe."

With that, the dinner continued smoothly. More barter, drinking and chatting before the clock struck nine thirty. The servants finally cleared the plates and the visitor bidded everyone good night, saved for her blonde friend who would be spending the night together.

"I am beat," she exclaimed when the two of them hit the room, picking up a fluffy looking towel and bathrobe. "Got a tub?"

********​
She found herself in the hot bath, relaxing comfortably on a stone carved seat and sighed. The ancient looking bath was huge enough to host a pool party if they chose to, but there were only two of them.

"It's more than what I expected. But I could get used to this," Mariya laughed and let her skin soak in the mineral rich waters. The whole place was peaceful. Quiet even, except for the hot bubbling water in the background.

Both Marina and Mariya had excused themselves from the dinner table, reserving themselves to the family living quarters.

"I bid thee a good evening, dear ladies..." The old Duke had raised his glass upon standing and gestured a toast to their guest and grand daughter, giving them a graceful bow.
Both his son and grandson followed suit, standing and bidding the girls a good night also.

No sooner had the girls left....

"Tut, tut... touch that wine, and loose that hand dear boy...Hahaha.." he then drew the last of the red onto his glass. Jerrid had reached for the red to refill his glass after the girls departed, and old granddad (still patriarch of the family) reminded Jerrid of his place.

"...it'll give warrant to strengthening your left sword hand..." he arched a brow, tipping the red bottle so that it balanced on it's own by the bottom rim. The bottle remained there without force influence. Any movement whatsoever on the table would reverberate and disrupt the balance of the bottle. Onan did this to exercise his heirs. His son Kyle, who were about to lift his own glass to drink, remained perfectly still..still holding the stem of his unraised glass. Even a breath could disrupt the balance of the bottle.
It were an invite for his grandson to test his skill against his master, his grandfather...

It were unknown here on Alderaan that the elder Duke were a sword master. He had trained both his son Kyle and now Jerrid in the art of a cortosis blade. A blade cold forged of pure cortosis for such a blade could not be forged by conventional means. Cortosis hardened with heat and honed itself under extreme heat, such as against a light-saber. No, to fashion a cortosis blade in the ancient ways were to forge it with heavy hammer. A master sword maker could take months if not years to create a blade worthy enough for a Lord or knight to yield into battle.

Jerrid seemed un-phased, yet his hand had not retracted but remained there hovering midway to when he had first reached for the red. Onan had retracted his hand and it had found it's rest back on the table...without so much as disturbing the balance of the bottle.
Jerrid had less than half the distance of his hand to that of his grandfather's.
The old Duke lifted his glass with his right and slowly brought it upon his lips to sip.
Jerrid lunged his hand to take the bottle...only there was nothing but air upon which his hand gripped.
The neck of the bottle was on his wrist. Onan had the bottle in hand and in a manner as if it were a sword. If it were a blade, that blade would have had his grandson's hand.

It were apparent his grandfather had lighting fast reflexes...at least much faster than Jerrid.
It were an exercise between Master and apprentice.
Duke Kyle broke out with an amused laughter, as did Onan who was pouring/catching the flow of wine his grandson had seeked in the first place.
The neck of the bottle still rested on Jerrid's wrist, and at that angle it were pouring out its content and into Onan's glass once again.

"... would be a greater tragedy to spill this Sovereignty than your blood." And were it an exercise with blades, it would have been Jerrid's blood that would have spilled from a good cut as a reminder to engage his master with all of his heart.

Marina DeVoe

She looked down below to where the hangars were. They were sealed tight for the night. Her ship were in there and she'd have to access it before they left for the Ski lodge. Mariya had brought her own gear, but Marina still needed to print hers out. Or at least go and collect them from her ship when they were completed.

Marina had been busing herself in designing her new skis and equipment, on her comfy couch with a data-pad, while her bestie had taken to shower.
A quick glance over to the pad's screen showed that the equipment were being printed out for her. Marina had placed the pad back down on the couch, upon her bestie coming out of the shower.

"It is beautiful...majestic even." Marina got up out of her room's comfy couch. Her favorite reading perch adjacent to one of the expanse glass walls.

"But it doesn't compare to the green, the warm earth tones and fragrances of life all about of your valley... your vineyard." She said, looking over the cold snow and ice capped granite monuments that were the Aiden Mountain range.

It were in many ways to one not used to seeing all that the eye could see of what lay on top of the world such as Alderaan. But marina had lived here all her life...had been born on Mt Cetril and as much as she loved her mountains, the valleys below were simply gorgeous in all of their seasons...Spring being her favorite. And the lower valleys had new meaning for her now, as they were where her bestie lived. It made all the difference.

The mountain range before them were aglow at that moment.
The deep reds although reflecting off the face of the highest mountains as the sun set were the only warm colors that she saw on those rock faces. Still, it were beautiful and despite the gale winds that nightfall were bringing, it were peaceful and just as warm as Mariya's chateau in Marina's chambers.

Well one plus side of being so high..higher than most clouds were the stars coming out as the sun extinguished itself behind the mountains. It were those very same stars that had called out to Marina since she first opened her eyes to them. And they once more reflected in her orbs. It had been a while since she took to them. The last few months with no word of her friend's whereabouts had been hard on her. Not even the stars could entice her to come and meet them out there.

Now...
Now they twinkled in her eyes as they once did. Her bestie were back and on Alderaan of all things. Life sparked once more to fuel her heart. It were mending.

"I've always loved all of Alderaan...now the valley even more so..." The valley, the wine countryside had new found meaning now. Now Marina could place a face to it...could place her heart, for her bestie now had a house there. Marina could not have asked for more when her heart had longed for her friend. Maybe it were a gift the gods bestowed upon her. They were like that sometimes...

"And speaking of the valley. Did you see how well your wines were received? My grandfather took to them like they were of his reserves. But it were my father really who can be relied upon in truth. He approved" She turned to Mariya, her smile were ear to ear.

"I mean, sure my grandfather said he loved them, but i think he would have loved them even if they weren't up to the quality of his Sovereignty...he's too kind to disappoint anyone. He would never disappoint me.
But my brother...sigh... I don't know why hes away for so long as he is. but his taste in wines is like that of my grandfather. He wasn't playing around when he said the wines were great. So unanimously, you hit the mark, as they say." Marina were so proud of her friend Mariya. Sure, she knew Mariya could accomplish anything she could set her mind on. Even a cantina in the Underworld had been a hit. But this new venture as a winery was something more, as Mariya had established her mark on Alderaan...

The hot bath was good. So good that she felt like sleeping by the time she got out of the water, her muscles relaxed from the soaking. She wrapped her hair in a towel and got out of the bathroom, taking a quick peek at the datapad to see what her friend had been doing. It was some sort of 3D printing for ski equipment for tomorrow's outing. Hopefully the weather would be fine tomorrow for the ski trip.

"What's so bad about snow capped mountains? I mean, what's so bad about staying in an ancient castle and living like nobility?" She smiled and walked over to the hair drying machine to let it blow her hair. "I really won't mind seeing the stars this close."

The hair drying was going to take a while, so Mariya admired the view of the tiny sparkling dots in the distance while letting the machine did its job.

"I take no credit for the wines other than just buying over the vineyard and sorting some logistics out. I bet anyone else who took over could do it, provided they are willing to fork out the credits."

That was the truth. All she had done was to rebuild the place and allow the tradition to continue as it had always meant to be. It was just luck that she had somehow stumbled upon a place which could produce wines like the past.

"Your brother is certainly quiet. Bet you are the one who always bully him, haha..."

Her hair was done, so Mariya found herself lying down on the bed and staring at the twinkling dots. She decided it was too early to talk to [member="Marina DeVoe"] about the strange sensation she had felt from meeting Jerrid, since there was never going to be a conclusive answer. Not without further digging.

"And if you have no answers on why he is away, then your guess is as good as mine."

Her eyes closed after she finished her words, telling her to rest for the night.

Marina DeVoe

Silly Mariya... she were so tired she were misunderstanding her meaning...

It weren't that Marina didn't love her snow capped vistas and mountains, no. She loved the mountains. It were that now she seemed to love the valleys just as much, for now they had real meaning for her. The fertile valleys were where her bestie now had her home. And that made all the difference in the world. The valley and its varied seasons were something she could dream about as it included her bestie.

And of Mariya's modesty in having a hand in bringing back that which had been lost to them for over 8 centuries... perhaps the gods had set aside that palate for someone like Mariya to come along and infuse her spirit within the DeVoes. Gods were strange with such matters when it came to Destinies...

But Marina just smiled and listened to her bestie as she spoke, yawning after almost every sentence. When her bestie got sleepy, there was no stopping her from hitting the sack. And Mariya certainly did, her bed. The cool silk satin sheets were just the perfect invite.

It were just a matter of time before Marina knew she'd loose her friend to sleep. Even when Jerrid's name came up again about his teasing. Mariya were most likely just making conversations as sleep were taking its course on her. Marina really wasn't thinking that her bestie had any interest in Jerrid, other than him being her brother.

"Yea... but come on, you know he lets me. Its not like were 6 anymore where I could still knock him on his butt. He lets me win most times....if not all the time.
Lol...he's more like my grandfather in so many ways. Never really lets anything serious get between us." She replied, concerning her brother Jerrid.

"Tired huh?.... Yea, sorry about keeping you up the last few nights. Just that I haven't seen you in so long. Can't seem to get my fill of Mariya...haha.." She chuckled as she looked over to her bestie settling down in her bed. There were plenty room for two, just that right now as it were the past few nights down in the valley, Marina weren't ready to close her eyes.

"I'm going to stay up awhile longer....maybe just drift off to sleep here on the couch..." She said, looking out over the darkened sky and the shadows that the stars silhouetted the mountain range. There were barely any light left to reflect the snow on the dark void that had once been mountains. Up here at that moment, they could as well of been in space.
Still, Marina kept her eye in the distant clusters that she somehow always seemed to find looking at for one strange reason or another.

Yes, Marina had a few time jumped her ship in that very same direction that seemed to be ever drawing her to, but those jumps only lead her deeper and deeper into the unexplored deep core of the galaxy.
It seemed a destination she were never able to reach on her own, as calculating jump coordinates in the deep were difficult if at all quite tricky to begin with.
Add the fact that there was no point of reference or a known destination to jump to, made it all that impossible.
But there had always been a calling that she felt, from the stars and strangely enough, from the core itself.

"...but really, I'm just waiting for the printer in my ship to...finish... making my.... hehe..." No, she didn't have to finish her sentence as Mariya was fast asleep.

"Lighting...
Twilight....dimmer....dimmer...... hold." Marina room dimmed to her command.
She watched her friend sleep for a few minutes, before looking over the progress of the equipment on her datapad.

"Hmm..." She didn't like the color match of the skis and jacket, changing the pattern to suit her mood at the moment.
She had changed it twice already, but finally settled on the current scheme. She then put the pad down and waited for it to ping her when it were ready.

She then returned to gaze at the stars, with them reflecting in her orbs... and waited.

"Well, if its not the midnight sun..." Jerrid 's voice reached her from the adjoining service door between the hangar bays.

It were one of the personnel blast access doors which enabled personnel to move from one hangar bay to another without having the main internal partitions open. It served to protect adjacent hangars if one were targeted on or on fire.

Jerrid had been in the next hangar where his JDS-1 had been towed in earlier. It were next to Marina's Mariner IV hangar.
He had watched his sister enter her bay and were about to access her ship when he called her attention.

For Jerrid's information, it were not midnight yet and he shouldn't be calling her sunshine like their grandfather did...
"Oh?... why not?.." he took to walking over and meet her just before her ship's ramp.

She claimed she were no longer a child. It were fine for their grandfather to love her in that manner, but she were a woman and Jerrid should realize that...she took to point that out she stood there with arms folded as he approached her.
"No...no, you are not a child." he said coming up to her.
"But you are my little sister.." he held his smile back.

It were no longer funny, as she were born just minutes following him, she reminded Jerrid. Still, those few minutes apart from their mother's womb seemed like the many months they had currently missed one another.
"You know what lies behind my tease..." His smile broke and he embraced his sister in a warm hug. She too reached out at the same time. Jerrid held his heart in tune with that of his sister's for a moment, before taping her on the back by which she then let go. It had been months since the two hearts beat as one so close.
She had missed him. Missed him so much she said, disclosing that she had wished him around when her friend Mariya was no where to be found or heard of. His sister had felt all alone, disconnected and in despair.

"I...I didn't know." he said not looking into his sister's eyes.
He knew.
Jerrid had felt her despair and he had despaired. But there were things in place beyond their immediate attachment that he could not disclose to his sister. There were thing of a nature that could not be explained which currently seemed to be surrounding their generation.
His sister were one of the ever first twin and a female in the same womb. They were identical and yet one half of the other couldn't seem to exist on their own...or so it were felt in that manner.
Fate..destiny even, had the autonomy to have separated them physically, but they were one...for did they not share the same heart beat?
Yet they were individuals with two entirely different aspect of the power which had been given them within the bloodline.

"But glad to see that she is found... your friend." He had felt her heart, his heart beating furiously a few days ago, giving him clue as to his sister's joy. No, they/he could not connect with her in thoughts. Strange that.
But his heart felt that which beat in hers, that much were true.

"Ah yes, Mariya....yes, of course. Her name escaped me a moment."
Not true.

He had even guessed at her name a few years ago, even before his sister divulged it.
Marina lightly punched his shoulder and urged him to stop teasing. He chuckled. Yes, she knew him like she knew herself. Still, what he felt for her friend he had found he somehow felt for himself.
His first meeting of her seemed not the first. he had played it off, but in her friend's presence, he felt like he knew her as Marina did.
Damn it, that complicated matters...

"Just curious....did you know I was down here in the hangars?..." he then came to ask.

No, she didn't know. Why would she know?
She was down here at this hour to pick up her equipment...ski equipment that she had her ship's parts printer manufacture.

"Ah...I see. Heading to the chalet?"

Marina DeVoe

Wild horses galloping across the plains... like thunder afoot..
No.
No they weren't wild at all, they had riders...
Knights...
Knights in metal armor bearing banners...dragon banner... and she were looking down upon them from atop a high wall...a stone wall...
Marina turned to look at where she was and found herself at a rampart...at an old castle...
The thundering hoves were now below her, drawing her attention down to the knights again. They were about to come across the drawbridge... a wooden drawbridge?
Wait...Where was she? And...and why were she dressed in-

Be-ding... be-ding...be-ding...
"Gasp .." She opened her eyes to the expanse of stars...and the reflection in the glass wall.. her room. She was in her room!
Yes of course...her room. Her sleepy eyes awakening, as the dream dissipated like morning mist upon dawn's early light.

Be-ding... be-ding-
"Gah..." Marina touched the beeping holo-pad to silence it's announcement.
Her equipment were completed and ready for her to pick up. What time was it? She picked up the pad and it indicated it were only 10:37 pm. It seemed much later. But then again, she hadn't gotten much sleep the last few days she had spent with Mariya.
Mariya...
She looked over to her bed and there under the satin silk comforter were the form of her sleeping friend underneath. A warm smile graced over Marina's features. She had missed her bestie for so long that she had been one crazy zany mess these past few days she had spent with her.

Marina shook her head recounting the past few days..the antics..her craziness...
Oh how her friend put up with her.

Stretching as she got up off the couch that were overlooking the stars, she quietly went over to her sleeping friend and pulled the comforter a bit more over Mariya's exposed shoulder. Her friend seemed to relax more, settling more comfortably in her sleep, now that she were tucked in under the comforter more. Marina then left her chambers...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​
Family hangar bays... where her ship the Mariner IV was being kept.

The security personnel warmly acknowledged her entering the hangar bays. Marina had grown up with house security below the family quarters and thought nothing less of them than family acquaintances. She bit them a good evening and like wise. Security were put in place up to the point of reaching access to the family hangars at that lower level, but not inside where the personal crafts were housed.
Marina entered the family portion of the hangars, gaining fluid access with no impedance. It were as if there was no auto security the way the doors opened for her as she made her way to her ship's hangar.

there in front of her as the auto fill lighting illuminated the interior of the hangar was her ship, The mariner IV. Upon her entering the hangar, the ship's ramp extended a warm and well lit interior for her to board. But as she were about to set foot on that ramp.

"Say wha-?" She turned, before making out that all too familiar voice of her brother, Jerrid.

Marina held back her excitement, even folding her arms over and rolling her eyes as he took his time coming over to her.
Really now...cool, calm and collective. He could so pull it off.
She knew her little act wasn't going to phase him, but she still played it like he annoyed her.
well, that lasted like what...two blinks of an eye before she gave him a good long felt hug. She had missed him so. Where in God's creation did they have business that she weren't privy of? Galactic secrecy it were with her father, her queen and all of those in the political arena. Even portions of her own family business, she weren't fully privy of. It so irked her at times.
What could it be to keep having her brother go off on such business to keep him away for months..MONTHS at a time.
Didn't her father know how much she missed, needed her brother?
Her grandfather understood and he supported her. But noooo.... not her father. Her father thought otherwise.

But it didn't matter today, this evening..for as long as her brother would remain on Alderaan. Well, that is until he had to leave again... But that thought she would leave for when that time came. he were here now and that was all her heart cared for.

"Mariya..." She had to remind him who her friend was.

"It's Mariya!..." How he could forget?
Had she not told him that she were her best friend?..of the adventures and close calls that Mariya had gotten her out of? he couldn't have forgotten her stories.
How could he just now simply forget her name? She was so pretty! ...and he didn't even bother remembering her name!
Oh, he could be so thick sometimes, she thought.

"Yes, we're going skiing.
It's the perfect time of year and the snow...well it's all fresh powder..." She were saying before he rolled his eyes.

"What was that for?!" she gave him a quick knuckle to his chest.
"Don't give me that look!
You used to love skiing. God...you don't ever have time for it anymore....
Gasp!...say, you want to join us? " Naturally he started to laugh even before she asked him that..seemingly knowing she was going to ask it.

"Oh come on..." She pleaded.
"...we haven't hit those faces, in like...a year already. You always liked to ski..."

Yes, he still did apparently. Just that it were her time with her friend he reminded her. Besides, hadn't she been like missing for a while? What was up with that?...she did some time or what?..he were clearly joking with her. But it hit a nerve and he must of seen it, as he then changed the subject.
But his answer was no. No, he wanted her to spend some time with her friend and he were certain it wouldn't be the same if he were there. He urged her to have a good time and all that.

They stood out there by the ramp talking about this and that and other things. Marina could talk...and surprisingly her brother could listen...listen with all true intentions and interest. But of his adventures? well he insisted they were not anywhere near as adventurous as hers...mostly business and doldrums. Nothing of interest really. He were after all going to succeed their father one day just like their father succeeded their grandfather.
he had to know all the aspect of being head of House.

"Sigh..." Marina understood. She knew he were right. Damn it..he were always right.

It weren't till she realized the time before she and her brother entered her ship and went on to retrieve her equipment. Lucky for her her brother had come, for not only she had printed out ski equipment, but two snow boards and a few snow suits...both one piece and mix and match. How were she going to carry all that to the speeder on her own, which by the way was a few hundred meters in another hangar...

There were times where one would be fast asleep by the time the eyes were closed. Tonight was such a night for Mariya, who found herself sleeping soundly by now. Marina DeVoe continued to be energetic as usual, but her friend had knocked herself out after the huge meal and relaxing hot bath. It helped that the bed was comfortable, a nice hard surface which provided sound support for the spine. Mariya hated beds that were too soft, although there were many times in the military service that she found herself sleeping on soft mattresses that never seemed to be exchanged. She did not stir when the holopad made its annoying beeping sound, merely grabbing the bolster and turning around to adjust her sleeping posture. Marina soon left the room after silencing the alarm, leaving the blonde alone to enjoy her sleep.

******​
The sun was golden. So was her hair that fluttered in the breeze. Mariya found herself standing near the crashing waves of the sea, admiring the setting sun in the distance. It was Velusia. She recognised the planet, remembering it as one of the worlds that was under the Galactic Underworld control. There was no one else around though, just her and the constant sound of waves.

Swish, swish, swish...

She walked along the beach, feeling the cool sand beneath her feet as the water occasionally covered her ankles. Why was she here after all these years? Mariya had no idea, merely strolling along the coast until she saw a figure in the distance. As the figure approached, Mariya had an unpleasant feeling running up her spine when she looked at her doppelganger.

"Who are you?" Mariya finally made her move and spoke to the other her.

Her doppelganger smiled and glanced back with the same piercing eyes.

"Why are you haunting me?"

The other her casually stepped in and struck a knife into Mariya's stomach, making her cry aloud.

******​
"Aaaaarrrrrgggghhh!!!"

The blonde screamed and got up from the bed, dripping in cold sweat while her hand instinctively clutched onto her stomach to check her injury. Her eyes made a glance at the clock, which indicated 11 pm. Mariya sighed and laid back down, eyes staring at the ceiling in confusion. This was the second time she dreamt about her doppelganger. The interaction was getting more intense. At the rate she was going, she might be needing to see a sleep therapist at some point.

"Back to sleep I guess..." she yawned and closed her eyes, deciding that she needed the sleep badly.

Marina DeVoe

"Sleeping.... she seems to prefer that at night." She replied, to the inquiry as to where her partner in crime was.

Her brother simply replied with an 'uh-hu' as he placed her ski equip in the trunk of the speeder...the very same family speeder that she had taken to use earlier. She had kind of made a few snow suits, one for her bestie if she were inclined on a warmer one-piece ski suit. 'Bunny suits', her brother called them, for they reminded Jerrid of snow bunnies. It were their childhood names that somehow still carried merit between them.

Marina tried persuading him to reconsider, coming along or at the very least show up for a run or two. But again, Jerrid reasoned that he'd be a third wheel. After all, it were the girl's time, considering that marina had been so low for months not knowing as to her friend's whereabouts or state of health for that matter. No, he wouldn't take that away from her, even if he had the time. But he had little time and needed to settle some family affairs with their grandfather.

"Shoot!...you're not leaving again?" She closed the trunk,looking over to him. It could have been construed as a statement rather than a question. But she seemed to have little if any influence on what he did or where he went as of the past few years. They had been so, so close. Now they seemed to live two separate lives altogether. yet...yet there were times much like this night that somehow she were feeling he didn't wish to leave. At least not her, not for the lengths of time that he did.

"Sigh... you weren't..." She had a feeling come over her, as she looked into his eyes, her reflection in them. "....meant to come back so soon. Were you?"

No, she were somewhat wrong. He had returned as expected. Just that his absences would be more extended. It were inevitable...they were of family natters, he kept saying.

"That's what I can't seem to grasp a hold of...you keep saying family matters,family matters...
Well am I not part of this family?"

Yes, yes she were part of the family, he laughed. She were an important factor...his sister...his heart... of course she were. Why would she even ask that?

"I don't know...
It's just... just.... sigh. I'm not being silly you know.... It's just these dreams..."

What dreams were that, she were asked.

"Nothing...just...Ok, silly dreams. Sigh...
I don't know...dragons and castles I guess... " She rolled her eyes. yes, these were games they used to play when they were young. Princess and knights...childhood fantasies when winter storms had them bunker in for days.

Jerrid chuckled asking if she dreamed of knights in shiny armor...

"Yea, I guess... just that sometimes they are not all knights...I mean, men knights.
Stop it...don't look at me like that. Now you're making fun."

No he wasn't making fun. But it were late and if she were going on the slopes skiing, then she should get some shut eye...he insisted.
And he promised he'd not leave ..not for some time before they caught up on things. And he wanted to hear of her dreams, and asked his sister not to forget them, before she told him.
Marina promised and told him, she'd recount some of those dreams before she would close her eyes to sleep, so as to keep them in memory longer.

They both walked back into the main part of the house and parted when they got to the family living chambers.
"Night..." Marina kissed her brother before parting and entering her chambers.

Her bestie Mariya was still sound asleep in her bed, covers partly off again.
Marina couldn't pass up the chance to draw the comforter over Mariya again. She just couldn't bare to just leave her like that, even if it were for a few minutes more.
In no time at all, Marina hit the refresher for a quick shower and slipped into her comfy jamas before sliding under the same comforters, next to her bestie. She then closed her eyes, recalling the bits of dream sequences that she could remember of knights and castles....
Doing this seemed to lock in those dreams as memories and were not easily lost as most dreams are.

By the time [member="Marina DeVoe"] had returned to the room after the run-in with her brother, Mariya was already fast asleep, the trauma of her nightmare merely a blip for the rest of the night. By the time she opened her eyes, it was already late morning. The alarm had rang a few times but she had been the queen of snoozing, each time hitting the alarm to shut it up. She dragged herself out of the cosy bed, noticing her friend was still sound asleep.

"Wake up, Marina. We are late," she yawned and walked into the bathroom, brushing her teeth with a spare electric toothbrush, making sure her breath was minty. Exiting the bathroom, she picked up her holopad and started blasting a cheerful song from her playlist to make sure her friend was awake.

"Remember to brush your teeth! I'm going to head down to breakfast!"

She yelled cheerfully at her friend's slumping form and left the room, heading downstairs to the dining area. Soon she was seated and was facing with a fancy spread of breakfast items that convinced her to pile up her plate.

"Coffee with blue milk."

Mariya always had a soft spot for the blue stuff, even though the coffee usually ended up in a peculiar shade of murky green.

Marina DeVoe

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~
...it were in the coolness of the meadow's tall grass that she found time to rest and catch her breath.
The dragons were still flying high just over the ridge. She could still make out their gold and silver trim flapping in the afternoon breeze, like they were teasing to rest on the hilltop.

'Gasp!.... she panted, as the shadow figure of the Ristar blocked out the afternoon sun from her eyes.
"...pant..pant...don't you ever give up?" Marina asked, out of breath and quite overheated.

The Ristar chuckled and made part the grass besides Marina. She moved a bit about Marina's exhausted form which were laying comfortably down like she were on a bed. Erint parted more of the tall grass before she took to sitting next to her.

ivUHpXv.jpg

Erint seemed to be her name.
Yes, it were Erint, definitely.
Erint tel Set...and somehow Marina knew her like she had known her forever.

'You tire too quickly...' she said drawing a blade of grass to her lips, before turning to gaze at the flying banners with their dragon crest on them. They were of a shared bloodline, Erint and Marina. A bloodline unbroken, but Millenniums apart.

'What?... I...pant..pant... I ran nonstop all the way from MonteBlaum... me tire fast?..me?...no way...pant, pant... you didn't catch up after you dismounted till I let you...'

'Oh cousin... if you aren't the sunshine itself...' Erint laughed. Yes, she had spotted Marina on the adjacent hillside and had run to meet her on foot, before marina turned about and let Erint give chase...their favorite game.

'Well, it's this dress...I don't know how anyone can be expected to run about with all this compounded tapestry ...'
Marina billowed the layers of her princess gown, making her point.
'You wouldn't have caught up otherwise...pant, pant..' Marina referred to the off world clothes she used to sport.

'Well, I'll give you that. And I've seen the linens you had called clothes...not what one would call lady-like.'

'Oh?..., I'll have you know, they are very common...the type. Why, they are not much different than yours. Mine were designer by the way.

'Oh?..well don't believe anyone has the courage to call me a lady. mine clothes are functional... a Ristar cannot fight very well in a dress. But do explain designer...' Erint, nudged her with her boot.

They were specially made for me... not just off the rack kinda clothes. I'll have you know some of those clothes, my bestie designed for me.

'This Betsie... is she a tailor where you have lived?'

'Noooo... its bestie, not Betsie. Bestie means best friend.'

'Ahhh...an ally of yours off world..." Erint nodded, understanding such alliances.
'...and she had her seamstresses make your clothes?'

Marina had caught her breath and sat up, facing her cousin.
'Kinda...she thought them up, and ...and I had them made...' there was no sense mentioning fabric printers.
"Sigh... I've so much to teach you, Erint.'

'Hahaha... and I, so much to unteach you, dear cousin...'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

...buzz.... buzz..... buzz.... buzz.... buzz....

"N...nooooo.... just a bit more..." Marina drew the pillow over her head as her bestie jumped out of bed.
Mariya shouted they were late...to get up....breakfast...

"Sigh..." it were no use.
as much as she tried grasping that dream, it slipped away like teardrops in a stream. The dream could not be reached...it were now just another fading moment in time, like so many like dreams. But they all seemed to connect somehow in tidbits here and there, like reading torn pages off a novel...not in any particular order, but they were of the same story.

Brush, brush, brush, brush...she were just 20 minutes behind her bestie, whom was by now enjoying what she most enjoyed so early in the morning...breakfast.

"Oh wow...didn't think it were so late..." Marina entered the breakfast room...a less formal dining area that overlooked the Southside of Aiden pass...it's most sunniest this time of year.
"I kinda stayed up too late..." Marina shook her head to the servant who were about to pull her chair for her to sit.
"....ran into my brother and...and time just slipped away..." Marina sat herself down, trying to recall as to why she had overslept.

The house staff knew she didn't like being catered too, but they nevertheless did their best to do so today, on account of a house guest being present. This morning they were all in spiffy form.
Marina thanked them just the same in their effort to try and serve her, even though etiquette allowed her not to.
Seemed that no matter how many years she kept trying to have them not cater to her like she was a Duchess, they never ceased doing so.

'Lady Marina...' the servant softly whispered in a respectful acknowledgement. It were always the same, Marina resisted...they insisted.
As a matter of fact, Mariya herself got the full lady-guest treatment when she came down for breakfast. And somehow or other, the staff were all quite proud of themselves exercising what they were meant to do best... and that was to serve the house guest like she were a DeVoe.

As always, Marina was not at all hungry, although seeing her bestie enjoying herself, she went about picking a small cina-bun two bacon strips and a glass of orange juice. Coffee were still steaming in the cup next to her that the servant had prepared upon hearing her feet pitter-patter to the breakfast table.

"Hmm... Jerrid hasn't come down already, has he?" She asked Mariya, seeing that there were no other place settings on the table.

It were not uncommon for members of the family to eat/catch breakfast at different times, with her father rising up before dawn to tend to the outposts and her grandfather taking his usual mountain stroll..snow, rain or hail...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom