Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Twin Lotus Syndicate

Status
Not open for further replies.
zH0PGdyw.jpeg

Name: Twin Lotus Syndicate
Intent: To finally put into writing Domino's syndicate that she's had since before she was Vigo of the Black Suns and Excon's Rebellion
Affiliation: Personally loyal to Domino
Availability: Common to Rare depending on unit
Quality: D to B, most combat units C
Type: Mostly infantry, some armor, some ship units
Strength: Approx 4 thousand total, most in support roles.
Description: Originally only a few dozen people strong, the group was formed by Barret Haskins (the leader of the then Hutt Cartel) for Domino as a position of power for her to join the Cartel. In the early days they helped cement her position in the group and did everything from running drugs to extortion and racketeering. However about a year before becoming Vigo, Domino began expressing her personal ideals through the group and cut back on the more harmful enterprises to the point of them focusing almost exclusively on gambling, prostitution, bodyguard/security work, and other semi/legitimate enterprises. The group even ran several soup kitchens and shelters on Nar-Shaddar though that was mostly out of building good will in the community while building their numbers. Districts under their control had a markedly reduced violence rate and lower poverty as they contributed back rather than just take and terrorize.

Following a deal made with Circe Savin practically at gunpoint, Domino was gifted with a Cardan-V station which she immediately put into orbit between Nal Hutta and its moon. New station staff were either already part of the syndicate or made to join either as members or affiliates and Station Six's crew remain the bulk of the Syndicate's numbers to this day. The station itself serves as Domino's personal residence and as a base of operations for the Twin Lotus's as a citadel from which they could sally forth to defend their criminal empire. These days its civilian concourse serves as a tourist destination above Vaynai and its dockyards are rented out to Phenix Industries who uses them to build everything from fighters to capital ships.

After the Hutt Cartel was restructured into the Black Suns under Domino she used the Lotuses as her personal guard and her own private army, launching them into their hay-day. At the height of their power they spanned to every planet in Black Sun territory and served as enforcers to Domino's policies. Primarily they regulated illegal drug manufacturing and came down on excessively violent gangs. This period was characterized by extremely rapid growth, huge amounts of funding, and rapid precision strikes with minimal collateral damage.

This couldn't last however and the group's fortunes followed that of the Black Suns themselves. Already in decline after Domino retired as Vigo, the Netherworld events absolutely hammered the Syndicate throughout the galaxy. Most of the group was cut-off and either had to fight for survival or disbanded entirely bringing the Twin Lotus's to their current state, alone on Station Six and Vaynai. Now they have a hand in most of the planet's gambling and prostitution as well as tourism while the station turns a small profit and houses most of their remaining military. As a whole the group strives to avoid the Silver Jedi occupying the planet and try to be seen as a helpful regulatory force so as to not earn their ire. Though due to clever permitting and bribes since before their occupation, nothing that they do is actually illegal on Vaynai and though they sell weapons out of Station Six, that isn't actually on Vaynai.

Links:
Bought stuff for them throughout this thread starting here.
Most of everything in the first two paragraphs was caught in the wipe, after that it's mostly incidental or mentioned in passing.

Elite Guard
Name: Elite Lotus Guard
Intent: To act as an elite unit in the Twin Lotus
Affiliation: Domino (near-fanatic)
Availability: Unique
Quality: B
Type: Heavy Infantry
Strength: 24 (4 squads of six)
Description: These two dozen are the best and most loyal of Domino's soldiers. Each benifits from personal instruction from Razele Breuner and train regularly with Domino when she's available. They guard her personal suite on Station Six and provide her personal security when she needs it. In combat they act as heavy shock infantry to hold a line or break through an enemy strong point. Mostly human, their leader is Kincaid, a former Mandalorian now absent her traditional armor and the only female of the group. She keeps the Guard tightly disciplined and up to shape and in practice with most types of weaponry. This tight-knit group is kept small so each knows everyone else and Domino is familiar with each of them though the original reason is rather less interesting. Domino only bought two dozen sets of their armor from Popo when she first started the unit.
Links: Their Tenloss Enforcer Armor, they don't wear the masks under the helmet to help with personal identification
CZ-838 Sniper Rifle
CZ-837 Light Machine Gun: Both purchased here
KBR-04 Standard blaster Rifle
BSDP-1 Optional side-arm
Stal-11 Optional side-arm
Other Phenex equipment

Thunder Walkers
Name: The Thunder Walkers
Intent: To provide light armor support
Affiliation: Twin Lotus Syndicate
Quality: C
Type: Walkers and tanks
Strength: 6 Walkers & 2 Tanks (16 crew members)
Description: Originally Domino only had two pairs of CEC's urban recon walkers for her syndicate which she mostly used for shows of force against local gangs, but with violence mounting and the Lotus's responsibilities growing, she found herself adding the Sun's Hammer walkers for their firepower as well as Judge tanks to the ranks. Now though only the original walkers and two each of the Hammers and Judges remain, safe from the collapse in their berths aboard Station Six. There they remain when not performing drills on Vaynai's surface. The station is capable of fully servicing them and fabricating spare parts but lacks the space for more. The crews almost exclusively listen to heavy metal and power ballads.
Links: CEC walkers purchased here.

The Enforcers
Name: Enforcers
Intent: To flesh out the common soldier.
Quality: C+
Type: Infantry
Strength: 400
Description: All that remains of the once thousands-strong military arm of the Syndicate, it's made up of veterans of nearly every conquest or invasion levied by or against the Black Suns, either as peripheral fighters keeping civilians safe or veterans of Black Sun's own army, only the most loyal have remained and call the resort planet their home. They make up the front-men of the Syndicate and are responsible for running most of the operations and keeping them safe, they are the money-makers and go-getters, the doers and shakers.
Links: They mostly use standard Phenex gear.

Talon Wing
Name: Talon Wing
Intent: To flesh out the ships stationed on Station Six
Availability: Rare
Quality: C & B
Type: Space Fighter
Strength: 20 x3 Mynock/12 Reaper
Description: Shortly after acquiring Station Six, Domino purchased 100 Mynock fighters at auction from Circe by way of an apology for the rough way in which it was obtained. After that she just stationed them aboard the Cardan-V as an easy compliment, taking the rest out of storage as others were destroyed or used for parts. Now there are barely just 60 left in service though that was partially by design as the remaining squad was given Phenex's Reaper fighters and filled with their best pilots (the B quality) who now serve as Domino's fighter guard or to guide in visiting dignitaries. Like the Enforcers, many of them are ex-Black Sun military who continued to serve out of personal loyalty or circumstance.
Links: Sadly I've lost the thread I purchased the Mynocks in.

Everyone Else
Name: Everyone Else
Intent: Just being through with the remainder
Quality: D
Type: Worker
Strength: Approx 3,488
Description: The every-day man or woman, this section is comprised of station workers, smugglers, prostitutes, dealers, the average employees who are just in it for the paycheck or because they live and work on the Syndicate's station. Most only have basic job training and aren't expected to do any real fighting, they're just infrastructure that keeps things going and stuff fixed or people fed. Many of them live on the station with their families and don't see it any differently than any other corporate owned place.
Links: None.

[member="Domino"]

Alright, this is the first time I've ever judged multiple units in a single submission, so here it goes!

Strength indicates how many individual NPC there are per unit and availability is how many of those units are available. So unless you meant total strength for these units, I'm going to ask that you reduce the Enforcers to 120-150 and 'Everyone Else' from 3,488 to 150-250. Generally speaking the higher quality the less strength you should have per unit, of course if you have any relevant threads they can be used as dev threads which would allow you more.

If you did mean total strength, please edit all of your units strength counts so that they're per unit strength rather than how many of them are all out there. :)

Those were total numbers, I wasn't really interested in detailing individual units aside from what I mentioned in the Elite guard being 4 squads of six. Being that this isn't a military unit, they'd be stationed more 'as needed' in piecemeal. Five here, a dozen there. If I indicated it was total strength and not by unit could I leave it like it is? I like this set-up because it shows how low in man-power they actually are to the point that if they weren't renting out the dockyards they couldn't even fully man the station.

Or would you mind if I did both? Had total and then the individual unit as well.

As for relevant threads, most everything got hit in the wipe. I could link some but they'd be blank, other than that it's mostly just mentioning them here and there. I was focusing on building the Suns more than personal assets.
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

[member="Domino"]

If you want to list total strength then set availability to unique. Strength is intended to be a value, think of it like poker chips. Strength is how much each chip is worth and availability is how many of those chips you have. If you'd rather forego that for story purposes or just because it makes more sense, then setting availability to unique removes most--if not all--concerns about strength.

[member="Domino"]

I don't have any major concerns with any of these units, specially seeing as the last of which don't seem to be used for combat. However; I do have some minor concerns with Talon Wing.

Could you please set their availability to rare and and set their strength to 20? That way you have three units within Talon Wing. The reason for this concern is that if you're bringing a unit submission into say an invasion or skirmish, it'll have a lot more vehicles than are normally allowed -- unique or not.

Do that and this is set for pending approval.

[member="Domino"]

That's fine, still works just as well. :)

Now per usual with something this special, I'm going to have to remind you of the "abuse it and you lose it" agreement. Otherwise enjoy your units, I'm interested in seeing what the Black Sun's remnants will do in this changing, chaotic galaxy.

Also, for the future we normally only allow 4 templates per submission; I didn't mind this so much because the opening template was more of an overview rather than a unit.

Oh, and obviously don't use your "Everyone Else" as soldiers since they weren't written that way. Roleplay them rationally.

Approved, pending secondary.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom