Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Turn, Turn, Turn [Emmen]

Ariel Yvarro

A
An appointment that had been long in the making, a First Imperial shuttle worked its way through Coruscant. It was looking better, Ariel thought to herself, she could only remember the destruction that the Sith had brought to this world. In the young woman's hands a book, a book on the history of Coruscant the second volume, after the Old Republic, during the 'High Republic' era. The shuttle had departed the safety of the Concordia long ago now that Ariel suspected the fleet was nearly home, and here she was with a pilot and two guards. The pilot informed her that they were simply waiting for clearance.
It figured that the Galactic Alliance would want to exercise caution when it came to their old foes. Of course, it had been a long, long time and of the two nations, it was the Galactic Alliance that was now on the better footing. Part of Ariel's visit was to see what could be done to begin the mend between the First Order and the Galactic Alliance, and the other part would be to get help with the hyperspace lane that would connect their home sector with the greater galaxy without running into the Confederacy or the Eternal Empire. All of this and Ariel wondered what the trip back to Dosuun with Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan would be like. Ariel would be there soon enough, but she did have an appointment to keep.
Once clearance was given, Ariel placed the book in her satchel and took a moment to breathe and exhale. The shuttle's wings began to fold upward as the vessel came to rest at the designated landing pad, and the ramp unfolded. Ariel with her two guards descended the ramp and waited for further instructions on where they were to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
This meeting, although private and hushed, was to be defining moment for the Chancellor. The past incarnations of the Galactic Alliance and First Order had torn each other apart. Their great war had been a devastating one, with consequences still felt by many denizens of the Core Worlds to this day. Naturally, resentment for their old enemies was still rooted in some of the Alliance's worlds and citizens. While many high ranking officials and personnel who had fought fled to the Outer Rim, the Core had not forgotten. But things were different now, and Emmen was hopeful that this new government, while young and somewhat scrappy, would be wise enough to avoid the behaviors that had brought them to ruin in the past.

Still, he couldn't help but think of how the HoloNet might spin their meeting to meet an anti-Populist agenda.

As a symbol of respect and a gesture to show his friendly intentions, Emmen had thought it best to greet the First Order's emissary in-person upon their arrival. Flanked on either side by a traditionally outfitted
Chancellor's Guard, the old Tepasi watches the shuttle's wings fold as the vessel comes to a gentle rest on the private landing platform that extends from the Chancellor's Suite of the Executive Building. He straightens himself, taking a few steps closer toward the landing zone as the young Moff reveals herself from the airlock and begins to descend the ramp toward him.

"Moff Yvarro," he pushes the red sash hanging from his blue garb back over his left shoulder and clasps his hands, "I'm pleased to see you've made it without trouble." He smiles, "I may be biased, but I would say our revised hyperlanes with the Concord have proven quite expeditious. There's still much work to be done, but the Core is starting to bustle once more."

With a slight bow of his head, he steps to the side and beckons with a hand for Ariel to walk with him back toward the Suite. "I digress. Welcome to Galactic City."

Ariel Yvarro

A
To say that Ariel was nervous would have been an understatement. She watched him push the red sash over his shoulder. She took a deep breath and exhaled as he approached. "Chancellor Tagge, it's a pleasure and yes it was a smooth transport all the way in." The Concordia didn't dare trespass Galactic Alliance space and instead carried onward toward Dosuun. "They have," she agreed and hoped to one day have such a hyperspace lane from Dosuun to wherever she wanted to go. The young woman was dressed in the typical black moff uniform her belt where perhaps the most ornate detail was on her belt's buckle, where the sigil rested in plain silver against the 'stainless steel' square.
"Thank you, I admit the core is looking better and better every time I pass through but being able to stop and see it in person... Truly, extraordinary perhaps I might learn a bit while I'm here." She paused a moment to try to gather her thoughts, "much of Dosuun and the surrounding sectors are still recovering from the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium's onslaught. One day we'll look as lovely as this I'm sure." One day, but not today - they were still getting there and working with what they had.
"I am pleased that you have accepted the meeting Chancellor Tagge. I wasn't so sure that you would initially, given our nations shared history." Her tone was even, voice with a warmth of relief - acceptance even. Hands at her side as she looked at the older gentlemen before her and she wondered what Natasi would have been like if she had been allowed to age. She pushed the thought aside and proceeded to follow the Chancellor while getting a better view of her surroundings.

While the Chancellor was aware of the devastation brought by the Srri-ruuvi, he had yet to witness the aftermath first hand. He could only imagine the state of Dosuun based on what he'd heard of the crusade against it. He did feel pity for them even with everything considered. They were out there in the far reaches of space with very few to aid them. But, he couldn't help but consider the fact that the Core had been turned upside down innumerable times, even with the strength of Galactic superpowers behind it.

"If your people stand behind your cause then I'm certain that, with hard work, dedication and some exercised caution, you'll pull yourselves from these hardships just as we have," he offers Ariel a smile as they leisurely stroll along the walkway to the landing pad, high above the plaza surrounding the Senate & Executive buildings, "the Unknown Regions are bustling with activity these days. The Eternal Empire grows stronger, and terror organizations have begun to fester beyond the borders of civilized space. All the while, the so-called Violet Curtain expands."

He watching the busy airlanes beyond the plaza's no-fly zone absently as the Moff thanks him, but turns his head to her with a gentle expression once she finishes, "I -- like yourself, Moff Yvarro -- hope to carve a new path forward. The Galaxy has seen its fair share of vengeance and mistakes, and we've seen where it's gotten us. If there is a chance for us to stomp out the embers of this old feud, I am happy to try."

Emmen's expression evens, "Still, accepting this meeting was not an easy decision on my part. There are many who do not share my optimism. Despite the progress being made to vanquish the Sith Empire, some still view our tremulous alliance with the Imperial rebels of Nirauan as a hypocrisy. Now this, well," he feigns another smile "I do what I do for the people of this Alliance, not for the longevity of my political career."

Ariel Yvarro

A
If? Ariel realized he was doing his best with diplomacy but she found it hard not to take it as a slight. Instead, she drew a deep breath and exhaled in the back of her mind she knew that this incarnation of the Galactic Alliance had only come about because of two smaller factions coming together. It had not been entirely of his own people's work, but rather the work of others, even so, she supposed he was to be commended for keeping it all together.
The more Chancellor Tagge spoke the more she started to understand why her cousin had such a wonderful disposition for his type. Those types, the type of politician that made you want to strangle them. Rather than take the opportunity to interject, she let him speak would do well to remember the words he spoke on this day. When he was done pushing the hot air out of his mouth, Ariel finally found the moment to reply to him. "You are correct that the Unknown Regions are bustling with activity, though I suppose it is no different than any other part of the galaxy."
"The Eternal Empire does indeed grow stronger, and while the Confederacy expands they seem to also stagnate. Alas, I did not come all this way to discuss other nations." She digressed, "it pleases me to know that you are eager to, as you say, stomp out the embers of this old feud."
Again she hadn't come this far to discuss others, including the New Imperials and their plight against the Sith Empire. It was none of her concern and quite frankly it shouldn't be a concern of the Galactic Alliance, rather they should want two Imperialist factions to destroy each other. Then again, she supposed it wasn't in their line of thought to want the destruction of others. "Indeed, and I do what I must for the sake of my citizens, those who trust that I will make choices in their best interest." And not her own, her voice and tone were even, pleasant, polite.
She walked with her hands at her back, "so, tell me, doing what is best for your people aside, why did you accept this meeting?"
Ariel was more curious to know more Emmen Tagge, not Chancellor Tagge of the Galactic Alliance. "You have all but listed the reasons as to why you shouldn't have, the support of the New Imperials against the Sith Empire."
"My nation was at war with yours at one point in our history, and both nations paid the price for it."
"So, I am eager, to hear your personal reasonings if I might be so bold."

Last edited by a moderator:
Emmen's stern demeanor wavers at the Moff's unexpectedly guarded reaction. The Galaxy's political scene had been fraught with tension lately, from internal conflicts between the Alliance's own factions to ever turbulent foreign affairs. Then, of course, there was the ongoing war and the many consequences of it. With everything going on around him it had become first instinct to put on the stoic mask of the fearless Chancellor when dealing with those outside of his close inner circle. Perhaps this was not the right time nor place. A conversation between the Chancellor of the Galactic Alliance and a Moff of the First Order was unlikely to succeed, but one between Emmen Tagge and Ariel Yvarro just might have a chance.

Drawing a deep breath, he raises his hands, "I- forgive me, Ms. Yvarro -- if I may call you that. I didn't mean anything by my worlds, sincerely. With everything going on," his mustache dips as his lips curl into a shallow frown, "well, I'm tired, to say the least."

His face softens as he exhales, doing his best to shake the formality that he was used to in such meetings. "I mean to say that I am impressed -- for what little that's worth. With everything happening and all factors considered, it's no easy feat that you and your people have accomplished. Of our many differences, the perseverance and indomitable will of our people is something we have in common."

Why did he accept this meeting? Naturally, some of his advisors had argued against it. A few, the more progressive of his entourage, saw the chance to make amends as opportunity to make a political statement. But despite their pleas and arguments, it fell on his judgement and his alone. So, then, why did he choose to accept such a controversial meeting?

As the two pass through the doorway from the landing pad to the Suite, the Chancellor's Guard flanking it unmoving as they pass, Emmen looks to the young Moff from the corners of his eyes.

"To prove that we can, I think," he answers after some delay. The tone of it is enough to confirm his honesty, "I am so tired of hearing what can and can't be done. Of being bound to the mistakes and decisions of those whose shadows we grow in. We have watched this Galaxy rebuild itself time and time again, but collapse under the same perils. I want to prove that we don't have to be mirrored images of the bygone Alliances, Republics and Orders that our history books revere or villainize," he pauses, snapping a finger to the servant droid as they step into his ceremonial office. The
SE8 servant droid springs to life, fetching a bottle and two glasses from a hidden freezer built into the wall.

"If I allow my people to believe that our relationship is irreparable, then we lose any hope to reconcile this conflict," he takes a drink in hand and offers it to Ariel as he reaches for the second, "We ourselves to repeat history, rather than learning from it and growing together."

Emmen pauses, reflecting on the words that had poured from him, "I wanted this meeting to bring an end to these cycles of destruction. So that even if I -- we -- fail, we'll know that we tried, in spite of everything. That we were able to afford each other that respect."

The words, while perhaps flowery, were true. Emmen had suffered too many lessons from the jaded veterans of fallen nations.

Ariel Yvarro

A
Ariel was young, guarded, and perhaps eager to try to make up some imaginable distance between herself and the ever-looming shadow of her cousin Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan . She grew up sitting beside one of the most powerful women in the galaxy, where breakfast wasn't served without several periodicals, and holonet streams about the ongoings of the war. Servants, secretaries, and schedules there was something to the well-oiled machine of routine. Even so, here she was walking alongside the Chancellor of the Galactic Alliance as if she belonged there.
She watched the Chancellor's features soften, she shrugged when he asked if it was alright to call her that. Moff Yvarro or Ms. Yvarro, although she was sure her cousin would insist that it be Moff. Ariel wasn't Natasi and that was evident enough by Ariel's current track record. She nodded in acknowledgment, she could agree that both the First Order and the Galactic Alliance have worked hard. She knew the people of the Core and the Deep Core especially were resilient it was practically expected of them.
The Unknown Regions? You lived or you died, there was no in-between, nations came and nations went. Yet, the First Order for better or worse continued to stick it out. Once more she let Emmen speak his mind and listened to what he had to say, it hadn't escaped her view that he did look toward her at some point. She gave a solemn nod of agreement at the end of his statement, "and I couldn't agree more, the cycles of destruction must come to an end if this galaxy is to know something of stability, let alone peace and prosperity."
"We can either learn from our predecessors or be doomed to repeat their steps, of which I am not keen to do." Ariel was rather prudent on the matter. "I came of age during the Great Galactic War, and I grew up watching the One Sith tear into the Galactic Republic. War was and is a constant, but it needn't be so."
"Many would view Imperialism as a form of tyranny in which its peoples ought to be liberated."
"So trust when I say that I was ecstatic to have heard that you accepted this meeting," for it meant that there was indeed a light at the end of the tunnel. "You are quite correct, we needn't mirror the past or make ourselves beholden to its shadows."
She took a moment to think about her next set of words, whilst accepting a simple glass of clean water for her beverage. "There is a time for everything, and as the seasons past we find that there will always be time to embrace change." Ariel looked over at Emmen as the droid poured water into a glass. "I believe the time to embrace change, is now, Chancellor."
"For as of right now, the First Order is rebuilding and one day, we shall once more greet the galactic community. Though I doubt many would spare us but a glance, and I would not hold it against them."
"Thus, I must confess part of why I wanted this meeting wasn't just to see about making amends, but trust that is certainly part of it. I wanted to establish a relationship between the First Order of new and the new Galactic Alliance. A small meeting like this one, and then perhaps later on, more, and more, for as we've stated..."
"The Eternal Empire grows, and the Outer Planets or Outer Rim Coalition, whatever they call themselves these days - are an amiable buffer between the First Order and the so-called Violet Curtain, it is only a matter of time I feel." A matter of time before one or both makes a move for better or worse that would put the First Order on the back foot and Ariel couldn't have the progress they've worked toward shunted so quickly. Still, Ariel knew that in speaking with the Chancellor it wouldn't just be a trade of words, no, Ariel was learning from the Chancellor her eyes had grown softer in their conversation as his own features had. Softer but with the fondness that a student might have toward a teacher.
"Only a matter of time before one of them gives way to something else, and I'm not quite sure it would be a positive influence on the galaxy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom