Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSE/SJO Dogfighting Skirmish - Interest Check

Hello all!

I'm thinking of hosting a skirmish thread between the TSE and the SJO. As per the title, this thread would be focused exclusively on dogfighting and strike craft combat. The premise of the thread would likely be centered around a strategic bombing raid into SJO territory, to strike at some critical military asset. TSE and allied pilots would be charged with protecting the bombers and ensuring that as many of them deliver their payloads and survive as possible, while SJO pilots would presumably seek to destroy the bombers. I imagine that the presence of civilians and innocents in the targeted areas would up the stakes for SJO writers. I have a few other ideas for premises as well, but I haven't really worked out their kinks and potential implications.

I'd like to limit the influence of capital ships to that of set pieces and transportation to the action (strike craft w/o hyperdrives will need capital ships to get in the system). Players would ideally be flying various forms of strike craft (nothing larger than 50 meters) in order to encourage player vs. player dogfighting and ACM. Finally, the thread would be open to any TSE and SJO allies, as long as they are piloting strike craft.

If you would be interested in a thread like this or have any ideas, post below to let me know.

Thanks in Advance!

Darth Zveris

S H A T T E R E D
[member="Eternal Cyan"]

I like this idea. But perhaps the whole ldea of limiting Capitol Warfare is kinda overrated due to the fact that the SJO and TSE are perpetually at war with one another. As such, something like this would most likely come under my desk or a Lord Admirals desk and be denied due to the fact that many ships would be lost due to a lack of Warships supporting the Fighters long enough for them to target and leave. However, I respect your decision and as such I would like to offer my fleet (the one that usually stays in Sith Space to monitor captured worlds and security) as the supporting force.

Tykar Valkroin said:

[member="Eternal Cyan"]

I like this idea. But perhaps the whole ldea of limiting Capitol Warfare is kinda overrated due to the fact that the SJO and TSE are perpetually at war with one another. As such, something like this would most likely come under my desk or a Lord Admirals desk and be denied due to the fact that many ships would be lost due to a lack of Warships supporting the Fighters long enough for them to target and leave. However, I respect your decision and as such I would like to offer my fleet (the one that usually stays in Sith Space to monitor captured worlds and security) as the supporting force.
The premise of the thread is likely subject to change, since one of my goals is for it to be ICly impractical or unfeasible to bring capital ships into the engagement. I was also thinking of setting it in a dense asteroid field or even some sort of maelstrom. That said, it will likely be necessary for capital ships to come into play since some strike craft will need them to get in and out of the system.

Susanna Sorrows

S
Eternal Cyan said:
The premise of the thread is likely subject to change, since one of my goals is for it to be ICly impractical or unfeasible to bring capital ships into the engagement. I was also thinking of setting it in a dense asteroid field or even some sort of maelstrom. That said, it will likely be necessary for capital ships to come into play since some strike craft will need them to get in and out of the system.
I was thinking that maybe it could be an opportunistic strike. I'm happy to play the part of a carrier or transport left largely defenseless after maintenance issues or damage. Perhaps SJO fighters could attempt to take down the vessel while it's exposed, and TSE fighters can attempt to defend it.

Amaya Cardei

A
[member="Eternal Cyan"]

I've fleeted around a blackhole. Maelstrom's aren't much of a worry after that. Either way, hope this get some ground!

[member="Subject 73 Red"] [member="Jerek Zenduu"] [member="Ura Iolar"] [member="Susanna Sorrows"]

Okay! So, I think I have enough people who've expressed initial interest to go ahead with this thread. I'm planning to post the main OOC thread and the IC thread at the start of the new year (presumably January 1). I'm hoping that once I post the thread itself and people see the (hopefully) shiny premise, they'll hop in and we'll have more people. If there aren't enough TSE pilots to go around, I will try to post with @Pravina Venktatappa, who's my First Order pilot. In the meantime, I'll be conferring with faction staffers and other vested parties while I plan and write the thread.

Thanks for expressing interest guys! If anyone else is interested, feel free to let me know through this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom