Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying To Get Ahead

Ord Mantell
City of Worlport
Docking Bay T-37

"Just sign here sir, and we will finish this transaction." Toydarians always had the worst smiles, especially when they were up to no good. A loud exhale left the pilots mouth as the beginnings of a frown began to form. "Just try and stay subtle this time Gruggs, I don't need a repeat of last time so close to Republic space." Gruggs was not the most sympathetic or discreet weapons dealer, and out running an introductory to jump to hyperspace over illegal weapons in a company ship wasn't good form. "Fine, I will make sir to wait a few more minutes Toby, just for you okay?" A grubby hand, or paw slapped his leather jacket,"now sign the damn form so you and Gardulla can receive your credits."

If only I could see some of those, he thought as he signed the form with the name he had been told to sign.

"There, guess I will see you in a few weeks on my next run." Except the toydarian and his men left without a word with the contraband he had brought in. The empty, run down hangar housed the JackDaw, his Calrissian class freighter. The Silk Holdings logo on the side barely visible, time had nearly erased it. Various dents, searches, and torn panels on the outside made it obvious it was heavily used. Footfall echoed off the stone walls as Tobias came over and connected the fuel line to the ship, while ushering the repair droids to see to the ship. "When I get back I will take a look at the hyperdrive old girl, I promise." Quickly pulling out his sonic service over, he patted the ship like one would their pet. "I will be back soon, I've got one last errand to run."

Working for Silk paid the bills, smuggling for Gardulla chilled away at his debt. The astromech that followed him as he left the hangar and walked into the bustling streets had the spice he needed to move to try and get ahead of his other gambling debts. "I sure can make one hell of a mess," he said to no one. Throngs of people moved through the streets. Lowering his head, he chanced one glance at the beautiful, pink sky before heading toward the bar he was supposed to meet his contact. Street vendors called at him, be he pressed on as the droid follow him.

Someone was following him, and he needed to stay a couple steps ahead. Or do something stupid.

In Toby's case, it was usually option two.

Indeed someone was following him...

Walking through the crowds covered in trashy cloth rags that covered the brutes grey and blood red armor, The 8'8Ft Gen'dai glanced down at those who were under him. Ord Mantell was a planet ripe with bounties! As his head turned his HUD in his helmet scanned those nearby, Most were wanted for petty theft and had small bounties but the one that caught his attention was on a man who he could guess did the wrong people dirty. Hired to Capture whoever this man was and bring him back Kezeroth grinned as he loosely tailed the man. His large height gave him an advantage on keeping track but the crowds would be a problem. With each step Kezeroths footsteps were heavy and made a imprint in the ground, not very sneaky but still... It not like he could take the armor off and walk around without masses going into shock. The Gen'dai were a rare breed in todays Era.

He was on the hunt and wouldn't stop till his target was in his hands or being dragged behind him. With a smirk under his mask he thought to himself.
- Lets make this interesting. No Force powers...I wont need them for this one.- he told himself attempting to limit his ability to enjoy the hunt.

[member="Tobias Wraith"]

She kept telling herself one more planet would be enough. One more planet and she’d have seen enough of the Galaxy to make each new landscape less of a shock. A society as insular as Hapes’ had left her with few options to explore anything beyond holofeed images of other places among the stars and those had not given the true experience of being there. Smells, sounds, sensations – none of that came across in simple pictures. She hadn’t been ready. But she’d be damned if she didn’t keep trying.

Ord Mantell was a particular challenge, on par with her visit to Nar Shaddaa a few months before. Dirty, stinking, and loud, it was an assault on all the senses. By now she’d gotten pretty good at concentrating through the distractions but every new species of alien or tongue she hadn’t heard caught her attention for at least a moment longer than it should have. She’d arrived the day before, dropping down in a small, borrowed personal transport just unassuming enough to have port authorities giving her the most cursory of glances. Her Master had given her a simple assignment – track the whispers of organ trafficking out of Coruscant, see if she could pinpoint a few connections in the area, and report back. Simple enough.

Except she hadn’t been anticipating exactly how ugly a Toydarian was. It was something about the beard, the way the hair stuck out. Maybe it was the way she was staring at him that was unnerving him, his wings flapping just a little quicker, a mashing together of his lips that only accentuated the gross beard.

“What you want?”

“I’ve been looking all over for this one hyperdrive, but no one has it. I was told to ask here, that you might have something in back.”

The Toydarian blinked, as much a giveaway as anything else. He must have been a rookie. Olivia had a natural talent for combat, for doing the right thing, but subterfuge wasn’t her forte. That was probably the point of this assignment. She wasn’t dressed like Jedi but she was tall and intense, a confidence instilled by her upbringing that made her authoritative.

“I uh...I’m all out. A guy and his droid just left with the last hyperdrive I got-uh…” he answered, dragging out the last syllable in a nervous wheeze. That neither of them was talking about a hyperdrive was glaringly obvious. She wondered if it was common practice for thugs to sell each other out so quickly or if this guy was just that spineless.

“Thanks anyway,” she said, picking her battles and choosing the better of the leads. A guy and his droid. That didn’t give her much to work with but at least she could narrow it down. The streets outside were busy, the smells of food frying combined with the shouts of those hawking the finished product siren calls to her frazzled senses. Even still the dark-haired man seemingly intent on getting somewhere caught her eye – somewhere to be?

She chose to stay outside the bar first, stopping at a stall and trading credits for some meat of unknown origin skewered neatly on a stick. If he took his time she’d venture inside, but she was loathe to tip him off.

[member="Tobias Wraith"] | [member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]​

Runner's Bar and Grill

What the called "sweet" meat around this world equated to only one word, petulant. The word as sour as the man he had learned it from. Flashes of his commanding officer repeating the word frequently during training, and the games the children had played every time they heard the word. Bodies and buildings left as his view as he saw a different darker world for but a moment, children formed in lines doing exercise while being over seen by armored adults. Echoes of orders being barked in his then juvenile replaced the hum of the crowd around him. Keep walking Toby, it's a dream. So he pushed on through the crowd.

Left, left, left, right, left went his feet as the world returned to normal.

Casually throwing a glance back at the droid behind him, he saw a few children trying to play. "Go on, get out of here," he said as he playfully ran them off. A fee of the locals looked the same, and they knew to leave the young pilot alone. They always hoped he would bring souvenirs or stories on his next visit, and Tobias just wanted to keel them out of the line of fire. Nimbly pushing through the a group of talking Umbarans, he waved for he astromech to speed up.

They were now just outside the bar, and years of conditioning made him do a full 360° degree sweep. Something off, a funny feeling was raging in his gut. Am I hungry or Is it this bad? Shell shock and fear faded from his face as he scratched his stubbled chin. "Well hello," he said to no one in particular as that petulant smell met his olfactory nerves again. Casually walking up towards the woman who was tall, classically beautiful, ans much too clean for Ord Mantell he whispered in her ear as he strolled on by and right up to the door.

"I wouldn't eat that it's not a delicacy. The bar next to you isn't better, but.."

A broad grin crossed his face as he spun around, the droid rolling inside.to the assigned booth. "Well, I hear you can get a free drink if you talk to a pilot." Not waiting for a response, he moved with his same, nimble steps inside.

Even when hunted, he was still using the wrong head to think.

[member="Olivia Durant"] | Kezeroth the Malevolent

Go to Ord Mantell they said, nothing will happen they said.

Well the joke was on them. One bribed worker, an unlocked door and organized crime had added her ship to the theft statistics. The sky may have been pink, but for a Jedi Master and her Padawan there was a small rain cloud hovering in the air as that small spark of hopelessness lit up. At least on the Master’s behalf. A drunk man she could handle, as could she handle a dispute between two unhappy residents, but a stolen ship? She wasn’t that kind of a miracle worker.

When the message for help got a response ending with the words ‘when a ship is available’ there was ever so much that Kana could do but let the disappointment seep in. Here she was on a planet as alien to her as the first trip she had to Nar Shaddaa. Perhaps it wasn’t the exact same but there were similarities. Nonetheless this time around she found herself in yet another bar. It was no Jimmy’s, but it’d do.

Situations such as these made her thankful she managed to pick that one student who proved himself a most unorthodox follower. At least when compared to many other jedi, which admittedly wasn’t exactly a tag that was hard to ‘achieve’ with this particular bunch of people.

“So we got ourselves into a real mess here, huh?” The woman planted her elbows on top of the table and burrowed her face into the palms of her hands. Not once had she considered there’d be a time when she’d pray for a smuggler, but it would seem things happen. “Do you think we’ll find anyone around here, or should we just wait for that ship that may or may not come anytime soon?”

Her hands dragged across her face in an ungraceful grimace. “I mean, the place is called ‘Runner’s Bar & Grill’. There is bound to be someone to help around here, right?”

She had no expectations, her mind ran the what-ifs and at worst she’d have to let Damian run his tricks to get them out of here. Not that she supported it, but if time became of an essence...

Nah, she was overdramatizing it. Hopefully.

[member="Tobias Wraith"] [member="Olivia Durant"]​
[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"] [member="Damian Starchaser"]​

Damian didn’t like it. They were too exposed, too open. The bar itself wasn’t really a problem, there was wisdom in hiding amongst a crowd, but rather it was where they were. “C’mon,” Damian said pulling at Kana’s clothing and leading her over to a corner table. Damian sat with his back to the wall and suddenly felt much more comfortable. “If we really need to get off planet, we can liberate a ship.” He shrugged a little. “I’m sure there is someone here who wouldn’t miss a ship, someone whose loss wouldn’t affect your,” he paused, “our Jedi sensibilities. Drug smuggler perhaps? Wouldn’t be hard to find a dealer in this…” he waved his hand around, “place. Then we use a little magic, find his supplier and arrange for our transportation.”

Kana wouldn’t go for it. [member="Kana Truden"] rarely went for Damians plans. She didn’t approve. Well what else was new? Turning the little console on the table to face him he punched in an order. “Hungry?” Damian said with a quirked eyebrow. He took out his wallet and revealed a fat little wad of cash. “What? Those pirates didn’t need any of this….” He said with an expression of guilt. “and the governor was really generous. Don’t worry I have your portion of the reward here for safe keeping,” he patted the pocket on the inside of his jacket. “Besides we can use this to buy passage off planet.” Shrugging he took out a few credit coins and chits and placed the rest of the money back into his jacket.

Damian didn’t mind Ord Mantell. There was a big enough crowd to blend into while having a small enough population to ensure that high security wasn’t an issue. The dust could be troublesome, but you got used to it after a short time. There was plenty to do, at least if you had Damians skillset and … erm… hobbies? Plenty of Cantinas served for smuggler hang outs. Damian got along well with them. He’d been raised on smuggling ships and so felt right at home. He looked up at Kana and smiled reassuringly at her. She was a bit out of place.

The waitress came over with some drinks and an appetizer. Damian looked at it and smiled picking up a little stick of fried blue cheese. Bantha cheese! “And then Bantha Burgers…” His mouth was already salivating. “If you’d just help me get my ship out of impound this wouldn’t have been an issue....”

[member="Tobias Wraith"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Olivia Durant"] | [member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]

" Mmmm" he growled lightly as his target [member="Tobias Wraith"] sped up slightly. Lowering his head Kezeroth picked up his pace slightly and grinned under his faceplate. A breeze came by and the cloth rags moved oh so slightly revealing armor underneath and a Rifle sling across his chest. The type of Rifle was still unknown but what was known was the symbol that was branded on the large figures chest piece, a old Mandalorian Protector insignia from eras ago... Infact the Symbol outdated most of the many sentient's on Ord Mantell. Taking note of natures effects Kezeroth began to speed up more lightly pushing people out of the way to get to the man who seemed to now head off to a bar? Why? Did he lack that much self-discipline?

For couple seconds his target disappeared into a bar, Walking into the same bar Kezeroth looked around squinting slightly scanning over everyone. His stature gave him unwanted attention and caused him to walk off to the side and sit down at a back table. From the back of the bar he could still not find who he was looking for but he knew we was in the bar. Scanning from the entrance to the back he waited ready to get up and act if he noticed anything.

" Can I get you anything?!" a young Twi'lek walked up to his table with a note pad in her hand. Only answer the Gen'dai gave was a firm " No... Beat it." and with that said placed down a credit chip worth roughly 200. The Twi'lek took it quickly, masked a fake smile and walked away quickly.

[member="Damian Starchaser"]
[member="Kana Truden"]
[member="Olivia Durant"]

She was torn. On the one hand she would be able to say “I told you so” to her Master who’d been so sure she’d magically learn to be stealthy. On the other, it would’ve been nice to track this guy and maybe be proven wrong herself. She wasn’t opposed to that. She had the food about halfway to her mouth when she realized he was moving right towards her, struggling to stop a sigh and an eye roll at the things she must have overlooked. Granted, this man moved like he’d spent far more time in places like this and had a distinct upper-hand over her.

Men were a conundrum. Her family had left Hapes because they hadn’t meshed with many of its people’s beliefs, including those pertaining to equality of the sexes. Olivia had grown up being taught she was better, that men shouldn’t even speak to her without explicit permission. Personally she thought it was bull poodoo, often getting a kick out of imagining what everyone back home would think of her now working alongside men, her Jedi Master a male Kel Dor. Despite a natural confidence however, proximity still threw her off guard. Back home that whisper would have cost this guy considering how high up Olivia had been in Hapan nobility. She’d left that all behind but it didn’t mean him being close enough for a whisper in the obnoxious crowd didn’t shock her a little bit.

But she collected herself quickly.

“Saving me from food poisoning and tips about free drinks? My lucky day.”

She considered not following for a second, going back to what she was supposed to be doing. There were probably a hundred other leads to chase. Maybe she could press that Toydarian some more. But she wasn’t exactly thinking clearly either. Throwing the skewer over her shoulder and ignoring the 'hey!' of those caught in the crossfire, she moved towards the cantina.

She was only a bit behind him when she ducked in to the shade of the bar, looking around the room. There were a fair number of patrons in various states of intoxication - including a truly enormous creature she couldn't name that, frankly, she would be steering very clear of - though they were all working themselves to the same place. She wound between jutting chairs to catch up to him. “Does everyone on this planet smell bad?”

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"] | [member="Damian Starchaser"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Tobias Wraith"]​

"I already know what ya want kid, don't even bother." Tobias raised his hands in mock defeat, his expression that of sadness while his eyes kept beaming. His raised hand drew every eye on him, and kept them all off the droid that rolled towards the back of the room away from everyone, and away from the prying eyes resting on him. Double doors opened and closed on the machine as he found his way to his regular booth, his own pupils anxiously searching the room and not looking at the woman he had spoken to.

"Does everyone on this planet smell bad?"

"You're not from around here are you, let me guess politician?" Sliding into the corner booth he frequented, he focuses his eyes on the woman seating herself cross from him. Every feature on her was sharp, dignified in a sense. Her dress was that of someone who frequently traveled, and a few spots on her outfit indicated she was armed. Leaning back in his seat, he couldn't begrudge her. Two fully loaded BTI-Woebringer pistols were holstered, and a knife was sheathed in his left boot.

Guess we are both packing.

"Here's your cheap beer, one for each of you." Frunz the bartender walked off towards the side of their booth where he adjusted the curtains on the window thatt lead to the outside world. Whether their location was luck or by choice, the pilot took a sip of the Corellian ale. Searching eyes found a man and woman who look distressed, and a massive man in the back trying to hard to look inconspicuous. Can that droid hurry back with the money I owe? Wandering eyes and thoughts settled back on his company as he held the glass in his hand, his elbow resting the table.

"So back to what I was saying, you have to be nobility." Another swig, and he jokingly smelled his coat. "I'm sure I showered this week I think," his facetious grin implying his jest. "I'm Tobias, what brings you to this dustbin?" He kept his attention fully on her, appearing as if he were hanging on her next words.

When he really just wanted to run, droid or not.

Damian Starchaser
Kana Truden
Olivia Durant

Bodies moving to and fro, The bar had alot of people in it today. Perfect. Finally after a few minutes of scanning the Gen'dai caught someone raise their hand when he was talk to someone else and that was when Kezeroths eyes locked on his target once more. His talk with his lady friend would be reduced to nothing fast, Reaching in a pocket Kezeroth pulled out a Ring and slipped it on one of his armored fingers. It was his charm of sorts and had odd effects on those he was around. A minor version of Aura of Uneasiness, he would watch the bar go under its effects as they got slightly anxious. It was a dirty tactic but he always found it fun to watch before he got in the groove of things.

With a chuckle he got up walked by [member="Tobias Wraith"] and walked to the bar exit/enterance, As he walked out he growled lightly. Once at the bar enterance Kezeroth would remove his cloth rags by tearing them off and toss them aside, only to show the armor that covered all of his body. A belt that holstered a DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol, Convergence Pistol and large pockets that held more gadgets. His Bandolier that spanned across his chest stored ammo and grenades in his pockets. With a Shrug the Gen'dai adjusted the Rifle sling that was around his shoulder putting the rifle on his back side. Those from behind could see it was a LJ-50 Concussion Rifle.

Tilting his head he gazed at his bounty awaiting a reaction and stayed silent.

[member="Olivia Durant"]
[member="Kana Truden"]

Stealing a ship? No, that was out of the question and Damian knew it. Their heads butted on approaches at time to time like any proper teacher-student relationship would. At least this time, and most other times as well, there were less of the wetsuits with exposed midriffs and more of the sweet jumpsuits that Kana had come to love and approve of, after the adventure on Lianna even more so.

“We’re not stealing a ship. Even if it’s from bad people.” Her hand dragged itself across her face again. She nodded at the mention of hunger, but quite frankly it was the least of her worries. As her eyes came uncovered she saw the wallet in her student’s hands. Her mouth remained covered, her eyes blinking. “Damian...”

The kid had been holding their key to getting off this planet from the start. Whether it was by dumb luck or not remained to be seen. At least he felt like home, or familiar to the planet at the very least. She didn’t know, didn’t want to know and had no intent of asking.

Their appetizers arrived. The first bite of a cheesestick, the first satiation of a hunger greater than she expected. Then they went back to discussing his grandfather’s ship again. Kana paused mid-bite to stare at her padawan.

“Again with the ship?” She covered her mouth and finished her chewing. “Look, we can’t--...”

Just like that something felt wrong. There was someone nearby with trouble brewing, she could feel it.

“Do you feel that?” She glanced around the bar but saw nothing. “Can't see anything but I've got a bad feeling about this place.

[ [member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"] | [member="Olivia Durant"] | [member="Tobias Wraith"] ]

“What if,” Damian started up as he looked at the napkin holder glaring at the action behind him. “What if, we convince a criminal, let's say that one,” he nodded at the reflective surface, “ dealing deathstick, that security is onto him. They have his ships signature and so he needs to ditch it. We can lead security on a chase for him, but for a price” Damian looked back up to Kana shrugging. “I saw his ship when we came in. Its small, but fast. And really do we need to feel bad about conning a drug dealer? How many lives has he ruined? Where is the like Kana.” Damian tapped his finger on the table.

And then he felt a tingle in the back of his neck. His force sense was tingling… he looked back down at the reflection and grimaced. “Two men,” he said, “By the bar next to the music box.” Two Weequay in suits that felt out of place on them walked through the door. One of them reached down into his jacket. “Yeah, both with blaster,” More pairs started walking in. Various species each trying to look innocuous. “Eight,” Damian frowned reaching down to his blaster pistol. The gun was there, but another less familiar device. His hand shifted to grip the lightsaber. It had been [member="Kana Truden"]’s previous lightsaber with a vibrant green blade. A twinge of awkwardness arose everytime he used it, but in close quarters iif it came to a light fight it would serve him better than a blaster. You know, if… if he could deflect blaster bolts, if he could move quick enough… if.

“This is an extraction team,” he said calmly to Kana. “There is plenty of people here, I don’t know who they are after…” He closed his eyes and concentrated. Nothing, “Alright I’m not so great at the force thing yet…” he frowned. “But I am going to go order some drinks.” Damian winked before turning away and walking up to the bar. He positioned himself in a spot just behind two of the pairs that had walked in. That is when they made their move…

Each pair started in toward… the bar, or Kana… it was hard to tell, but Damian was having none of it regardless. He would risk no injury to his master. In a fluid motion he gripped the lightsaber in his left hand and the pistol in his right and spun from his position at the bar blocking the movement of one group with the lightsaber and flamming two blue halos into the other. Stun setting blasters struck one pair sending them both to the ground. “Stay where you are…” he warned the third group looming his lightsaber precariously close to their fellows.

“We aren’t after you Jedi…” one of the Weequay said pressing a button a wrist mounted com unit. “We are just here to collect a debt…. And our support team can hear everything now...”

“Well shit….” Damian said. The front door burst open and Damian was suddenly staring at six men with guns drawn…. For the next few seconds this place would be armageddon. THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsuH1msEkvM

[member="Tobias Wraith"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Olivia Durant"] | [member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]

Clusterfeth, he thought.

It was essentially what the bar had devolved to within the span of oh, thirty or forth seconds. What bothered Tobias the most was that he knew it would get bad, he could feel it. Subtle tensions in the air, combined with the hairs on the back of his neck let him know. It was always this way, even when he was flying. He could feel the layout of where he was, and the potential obstacles before. It wasn't perfect intuition, but he always to have a three second head start on dangerous situations. This was no different, he felt threats everywhere.

Then they appeared.

Mercenaries were yelling, a fething lightsaber was in the bar. That particular item caused Tobias to whip his head around and look. Momentary disgust crossed his face, he remembered how the Sith had tortured his unit for mistakes and successes. Memories faded a he turned to see a massive, three meter tall monstrosity covered in what could only be beskar armor. Wraith' s eyes gave the titan a cursory glance, and spotted all the weapons and anyone lightsaber.

Great, he's a Forcer too.

"Well, I thought a hutt was the ugliest thing I had ever seen," he said as he drew his BTI-Woebringer pistol on the bounty hunter. Standing in one motion, he kicked the table over as fighting ensued behind him. His thumb flicked a switch on the table as the door behind the hunter closed, and the astromech from before rolled in. Within seconds it was right on the massive being, and it beeped.

Wraith' s employer had put a thermal detonator in there, and he pulled he pin. That feeling of dread came over him, and he acted on that familiar three second head start. Spinning, he fired two shots into the window, grabbed Olivia's hand and they both ran out of the window just in time before the detonator went...

BOOM!!!!!

[member="Damian Starchaser"] [member="Kana Truden"] [member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"] [member="Olivia Durant"]

"No no no, that was not what I asked you for."

The squib scowled at her. "Karking was, was wha' you asked for, 'n' I wen' and go' i', see. Go' i' from annuver one, and 'e-"

"I don't give a frak. If I wanted a villip, I'd have asked you for a villip. I need an ooglith. A masquer. Why do I even bother with you? You were always unreliable." She began to walk away.

"Hey, hey! No, no. Come on, i'll ge' wha' you wan'!" he bounced after her, grabbing the back of her coat.

"And i'll pay you when you've got it. Until then," She gestured towards him, a wave of energy knocked him form his feet and set him on his backside. "feth off."

Shaking her head she blew out a sigh, brushing her finger through her hair as she passed the bar window.

BOOM!!!!!

Glass and heat blossomed out into the street, the wave catching the former mandalorian off guard and throwing her from her feet. Screams erupted around her in the street. "Kark today." she grumbled with a groan, getting to her feet. she pulled a particularly large shard of glass from her arm and padded over to the pair who'd leapt out of the window, seemingly unbothered by the pinpricks of pain that were over her face and arm.

"You kids alright?"

[member="Tobias Wraith"] [member="Olivia Durant"]

Ideologically she was about as separated from her heritage as it was possible to be. But in behavior she was every bit Hapan, a woman trained to pick up on subtle social cues. That he was distracted and on-edge didn’t even require her training, let alone her ability to touch the Force. Curling a hand around the glass of ale the bartender dropped off she waited for the man across from her to take a sip before venturing on her own, unwilling to make some sort of cantina faux paus in the form of drinking swill. After he proved she wasn’t going to die by having some – at least not immediately – she tried it and instantly regretted her ambition, letting out a squeak of a cough just demure enough not to mortify her. “Wow uh…that’s strong,” she choked out, tapping her chest lightly.

Clearing her throat, she answered his question with a vagueness she was sure wouldn’t satisfy him, but matched his current level of ‘forthcoming’. “I should have specified I didn’t mean you smell. You look at least mildly washed,” she teased, resting a hand on the side of her neck as she leaned forward, a habit she couldn’t seem to break. “And I’m Olivia. I’m not nobility, or a politician, no. I don’t have the patience. I heard Ord Mantell was a good place to go for things you can’t find elsewhere.”

A flutter of her senses, a gentle prod of warning. It was maybe another ten seconds before chaos began erupting and the same giant creature she’d sworn she wouldn’t get near was suddenly standing right in front of them. She wasn’t sure what to class as the greatest worry but it didn’t seem to matter as Tobias upended the table, pulling herself across seats towards him as animal instinct and the Force started screaming ever-louder warnings in her head.

The beep from within the droid was the only thing she could hear before flame and shrapnel exploded out of the window behind them. Rolling to a stop in the dirt outside, she ducked her head and left her back to the worst of the fall-out, attempting to shield him as best she could. She hadn’t missed the look of disgust on his face when the lightsaber had snapped to life despite how subtle he’d been and she had no wish to alert him to what she was just yet by using the Force to protect them. In the back of her mind she knew the situation was strange – she’d been following him solely for his possible connection to the organ-trade she’d been sent to dig for and now she’d been thrown in to a hunt apparently targeted at him. That only pointed to the possibility he was who she was looking for, but thinking about it too much would get them both killed. Now all that mattered was getting out of there before the huge…thing inside came for more.

She sprang to her feet, pulling him with her and about to sprint in any direction that equated to away from the silent giant when another stranger approached, seemingly oblivious to the hatching of fresh cuts she'd presumably received in the explosion. Whether she could be trusted was up for debate, but Olivia answered anyway. "For now, but there's something really ugly in that bar and I'd rather not have to see it again."

[member="Mia Monroe"] | [member="Tobias Wraith"] | [member="Damian Starchaser"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]​

They always ran.... It was instinct to do so.

The hunt was on. Yes! Indeed it was and all was falling in line expect for the ...Jedi? As Chaos errupted in the bar from some thugs and the Jedi, Kezeroth found himself glancing behind [member="Tobias Wraith"] just to see what was going on. The Situation did not suprise him or shock him but rather distracted him for a moment of time. With the swift action of the man infront of him drawing a pistol and flipping a table was all it took for Kezeroth to redirect his attention back to his target. Slowly Raising his left arm the Gen'dai was preparing to capture the man but another anomaly occurred. Look down to his side he watched a small droid roll in, as it positioned its self by the massive figure his head tilted some as it beeped and exploded right by him. The only reaction he could do was bring his arm up by his chest and look away. Lucky for him his armor took most of the hit as it showed many rough spots on the his side, Residents in the bar managed to take cover but those who were near Kezeroth or the entrance in general were killed.

Filled with smoke Kezeroth shook his head chuckled aloud, He had taken worse hits from Ackalays. Partly on fire and smoking the giant walked out of the bar and turned his head to look around. In the Distance he could see the pair sprinting away from the scene. With a Grin Kezeroth pressed a button on his wrist and the roar of a jet pack firing sounded in the area, Soaring into the sky the Hunter pursued them with a gaining speed. Holding his Right arm straight in [member="Olivia Durant"] and [member="Tobias Wraith"] direction the Hunters wrist Gatling Gauntlet began to turn firing small sharp dart like bullets.

[member="Mia Monroe"]
[member="Mia Monroe"]

And then there was a firefight, indeed.

It was just typical that by the end of the day no matter what Damian was up to there was that one small part of it all where blasters roared around the locale. First the retrieval of the schematics for that black haired businesswoman and now here. Were they magnets for trouble or did they just pick the wrong places at the wrong time? Who knew anymore?

She hadn’t ignited her saber, for the moment the trouble wasn’t in her face and if possible she’d like to keep it that way. With the men slowly coming her way she got out of her booth. After all it was best to be safer than sorry. Then it all devolved into utter chaos, a disappointed look turned over to see Damian amongst the dancers.

Then the detonator went off.

The blast knocked her flat to the floor and out of breath. Getting up from the ground she tucked the hair out of her face. There was no time to admire the fireworks, as much as her young friend and student might have liked to play a hero the mother hen would have none of it as in a stern, precise and most determined walk she approached the young one and dragged him out with no regard to his dignity.

Anyone who tried something found themselves at the receiving end of a force push and those who got in her way doubly so.

No words, just a determined stride away from the area with her Padawan held by it’s wrist. Once outside she finally let go. There was something in the air that had escaped the diner. A bounty hunter going after a man. Normally not something she would have bothered herself with this felt like an exception. They were keepers of the peace and letting the chaos in one area spread and to another was unacceptable.

“Come on, let’s go.” She motioned at Damian to follow in her jog after the two men and the hunter. “What were you thinking picking a fight with those men?!”

“You know better, Damian!”

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"] [member="Olivia Durant"]
[member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Tobias Wraith"]

The teen… well kinda… didn’t care for being dragged out of the bar and pub by his wrist like a… a… child! So what if he was only twelve. He was a clone. Clones fought and died in the clone wars and they were only seven! The indignity of it all was almost too much. “Well Master…” he started as he started jogging along side Kana. “Step by step I thought;”

“Step one, identify the threat, the tactics and methods employed.” Damian said as Kana pulled him out of the bar. His face contorted into a look of embarrassment. “In our case that was six man extraction team possibly after us. Jedi aren’t always the most popular after all.” He let out a sigh keeping his saber in hand just in case trouble followed. They really should be back in there, innocent people could get hurt! “Step two identify the hazard to civilians. Minimal if I could get the drop on the threat.” He shrugged looking towards the bar, “Step three prevent, detect, and protect against illegal actions.Extricate the threat.”

Damian's eyes narrowed as he looked from Kana to the building. “They looked like they were moving in for you and I neutralized four of them while keeping two more at bay. I’d say I did pretty good…” he glanced back at the Cantina. “Shouldn’t we be in there? helping? defusing the situation?” Although the idea of chasing down this hunter was much more appealing...

"You kids alright?"

"Oh yeah, great, getting chased by a eight foot tall, pissed off bounty hunter." Adrenaline surged in his veins, and he reflexively gripped his pistol with each second. Keenly aware of his heart beat, he could hear it in his chest, his eyes darted around as he looked from [member="Olivia Durant"] to [member="Mia Monroe"]. His companion answered similarly to what he had said, and he nodded even as he tried to slow his breathing. Panic was everywhere, he could see it in the faces of those with and around him. Everyone's eyes seemed to be much bigger than they should be, and fear was etched on their faces.

Another realization hit, people were running away.

"Feth," he muttered as he turned and raised his Woebringer pistol. Except when he pointed ahead, there was nothing. A roar of a combustion engine drew his eyes upward, along with his pistol. Smoke and fire trailed the man, the detonator had done nothing to him. Holy force ghosts, what is this thing. A wrist weapon of some sort start spraying bullets about thirty yards in front of him. Tobias tried to wave at the kid with the lightsaber and the woman with him to run but the gun was too loud. So he spread his feet and took his pistol in both hands. Standing as still as he could, he pulled the weapon up, took a deep breath and exhaled as he saw flashes where the hinge would be at.

With uncanny accuracy, he aimed right for the creatures eyeballs and pulled the trigger.

Four shots left the barrel, just as the bullets got close to him. His world to a crawl, as time slowed. A tingle flew up his spine, and he knew to shove Olivia as hard as he could into the ground. "I'm sorry!" Then he bolted into a sprint, leaving the hunter to hopefully not fire on the other woman and follow him. His breathing up as he ran from the street and into an alley, screams and shots filling his ears.

He covered distance quickly as he leapt over stray debris, and even a fence, anything to get away.

[member="Damian Starchaser"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]

“No, we have to prevent chaos from spreading to the rest of the city.” Kana would finish. “The fight in the bar is a regular bar fight, this situation can turn into a fight in a wide open cityscape.”

No time to really argue, they were committed on going down this path and they were far too close to let the others get away. What was it with planets, crime and stink? Really, it was as if all of the crime megalopolises consisted of a population in the garbage collection business though Nar Shaddaa most certainly had it worse. So that made garbage, the smell of garbage and gunshots something very universal for planets such as these. Good to know.

“I am a Jedi Master, Damian. I can handle a few lowlifes. You saw how I handled my way out of the bar, did you not?”

The run to catch up with [member="Tobias Wraith"] was cut short by the shoving of [member="Olivia Durant"]. Hesitation kicked in and for the tiniest of moments Kana had absolutely no idea what to do. The hunter was around, she could feel it. Did she stop to check the woman or do the right thing?

The fact that she bolted after Tobias would be evidence enough as to what her mind told her to do. “Keep your mind on what’s important, the girl will be fine.”

Kana paused for a moment. “I hope.”

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]
[member="Mia Monroe"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom