Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tropic Thunder [Grayson Imperium]

Tython was a world incredibly important to the Jedi. It's history goes back to the very beginnings of the Jedi order, it was a world strong in the force, where the earliest jed'aii learned to control the force many millenium ago. The world went unnoticed for many millenium after that, until being rediscovered during the Galactic Civil war, during that time it was the home of the Jedi once more, if only for a time. For reasons unknown the Jedi moved back to Coruscant soon after.

The Jedi had returned once again to their ancestral home. Alyson and Cedric had decided that it was for the best that the Jedi return to their roots, and got away from most of the complications of domestic politics. They were there to protect the light side, by force if necessary, and ensure the knowledge was passed down from generation to generation. Getting them involved in government was a mistake that the Jedi would not mistake again.

Alyson along with help from the Merdian Expeditionary Force, supplemented by the Sons of Ession, had spent the better part of a week setting up a sustainable forward base camp. They had been fighting off Flesh raider incursions since almost the minute they landed and while the men were taking it well, it was about time the other Jedi started moving in. Something would have to be done about the problem.

The other Jedi would be landing soon, Alyson was in the command tent charting out the known positions of Flesh Raider camps. The Jedi camp was a pretty large affair built in very large cave opening under a waterfall, shuttles would have to fly through the waterfall to land on the small collection of 4 landing pads at the front of the camp. Larger ships could land in the valley outside. The region was significantly mountainous and rocked by very sharp cliffs which, while providing significant protection from flesh raider incursions, made expeditions into the jungle rather difficult. In terms of most of the planet, the jungle here was relatively thin due to the altitude, valleys of light jungle, thick enough to conceal the Flesh Raiders but not thick enough to provide a significant problem to expedition on its own.

This was the problem Jedi dealt with on the planet, she patiently awaited the arrival of her compatriots.

Cedric had never set foot upon Tython before.

The planet was one of great myth and legend. It was said that the ancestors of the Jedi Order had first gathered here to study the nature of the Living Force. For countless millennia the planet had served as the ancestral homeworld of the Order, though now it was little more than a place of wild things. Jedi had colonized the planet recently, but when their outworld supporters had pulled their assistance, they had either fled or perished from the Flesh Raider menace.

The aliens had grown quite numerous in the relative absence of other species. There were small, isolated settlements of offworlders scattered about, but no population of significance. It was for that reason that the Essonians had chosen the waterfall as an FOB. The ancient training grounds of the Jedi Order were only a few miles away - in time, the settlement could grow to incorporate all that had been lost.

Cedric's shuttle hissed as it came to rest upon the landing pad. He was clad in simple black robes, his cowl drawn back to reveal a thin smile. He had invited [member="Loske Matson"], [member="Dak"], and [member="Shanoed Marais"] to accompany him. There was much each of them could learn from Tython, just as Cedric would.

"Glad to see you've not been killed Alyson," Cedric snickered as he stepped down onto the hanger floor.

[member="Alyson Halle"]

[member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Alyson Halle"]

With a growing military force amassing around the Grayson name, Dak’s traditional role as a personal guardian had become less urgent. At the request of Cedric, Dak had opted to join the expedition into the Deep Core to aid the Imperium’s re-settlement efforts and attempt to build a rapport with the other Jedi the Lord-Imperator kept at his side. Although he could distinctly recall the planet’s name, he did not remember much else of the ancestral home of the ancient Je’daii. Regardless, the briefings had caught him up on what mattered; the planet was culturally significant to the Jedi, and the planet was inhabited by flesh-eating mutants. Given the latter of the details, Dak was caught off guard when he first saw Tython come into view. From his position behind the transparisteel of the shuttle it seemed like an idyllic, temperate world – beautiful, probably.

Stepping down a few paces behind Cedric, Dak is clearly captivated by the location chosen for their base. The cavern provided excellent cover and security from elemental hazards and possible ambushes, forcing any attempted assaults to come from an anticipated choke point. The pounding of the waterfall that served as an entrance also masked smaller sounds from within the camp, further hiding them from prying ears. As he follows Cedric into the command tent, he slings his Jackal over his right shoulder and lowers his head to step through. “I’m sure this location has played a significant role in that survival. Quite impressive,” Dak adds to the Imperator's statement.

Apologies, Empress Halle. I do not believe we’ve met. I am DAC-1.P028,” he extends his robotic hand to greet her “you may call me ‘Dak’. It is a pleasure.

Tython_cascade.jpg

Tython was a world rich with her lineage's history. On the ride over, she could hardly contain her excitement. Short bouts of elated shivers and the odd squeal slipped from her voice box. Simply overwhelmed with the whole karking coolness that they were going back to Tython.

Back to Tython.

She'd never been there before, but she was used to this now. As soon as she would touch the ground, sporadic memories that were not her own would flicker to the forefront of her reality and cause momentary distraction. So, as preparation, she'd done her best to do what she'd learned on Ruusan and focus on reflecting on her inward. Centring herself on the ride over. This woefully meant she had little time to spend cutting a jib with [member="Dak"] and [member="Shanoed Marais"]. Which was, essentially the antithesis to her personality. Oh well, she'd make up for lost time as soon as they were planetside.

She'd emerged enough to catch a glimpse of the planet behind [member="Dak"] and [member="Cedric Grayson"]'s shoulders, standing on her tip-toes to ogle and marvel as they seemed to be doing. "This is so great." She murmured, elbowing whichever was nearest - the clunk of metal and flesh indicating that it had been [member="Dak"]. Abashedly, she clutched her elbow in a grimace before stepping back and descending the ramp alongside the pair.

Moss was the first thing she smelled, then grass, and general fresh air. The odours of the camp came next, and [member="Alyson Halle"] was there to greet them. Cedric said something that was morbid but probably funny amongst friends, Dak introduced himself, and Loske followed suite.

"Loske," she offered, a jubilant hand extended to the distinguished woman. Internally, she was celebrating her validity with The Force - for fear that if she were not truly force sensitive the planet itself would smite her as soon as she stepped down to the ground and she'd be nothing but a pillar of ashes.

The Crystal Spyder had jumped at the chance to see Tython. To get away from the city jungle. To feel real dirt under her feet again. So it was that she was an antsy mess the whole way down to the planet's surface.

She bounced on the balls of her feet as the shuttle landed then near groaned aloud when [member="Cedric Grayson"] and [member="Dak"] didn't immediately get off, causing [member="Loske Matson"] and herself to be stuck behind them.

She wrinkled her nose. She was wearing her primitive armor today, her primordial spear affixed to her back, the ancient mask on her face. Finally, they moved, creating the opening she needed as she darted off of the shuttle. She inclined her head to Alyson before she leaped away from the landing pad, disappearing in a Force Cloak. When she reappeared she was standing on a boulder by the waterfall, letting the water spray on her face.

A genuine smile broke across her face as she took a deep breath and stretched. She had never been here before, but wilderness was wilderness. She turned her head back towards the group, slowly dragging herself away from the waterfall and walking back over, shaking the water off, even going so far as to shake her body like a dog.

Once she reached the group, she started doing stretches, like she was getting her body prepped to run. Truthfully, she was hoping she would be set loose, if only for a little. It felt like it had been so long since she had just run through the trees, letting the winds of the Force guide her steps. Her body near vibrated with anticipation, but she was trying to be patient. As she had darted away right out of the shuttle, she had no idea introductions were happening, so she just looked between the group silently.

"If I died to these savages i'm not sure I could call myself a general in the afterlife. They lack any sort of coordination." Alyson said, finishing the map, and methodically pinning it to the corkboard next to her.

She turned to the droid. "It's a pleasure to meet you Dak." Droids were still a new thing for her, metal men with mechanical minds. Yet in her short experience she had seen that they have every bit as much of a claim of a soul as she did. She could trust them to do what was necessary, no matter the cost.

She didn't like holomaps, she never learned how to use them and never felt a need to, she had people to do it for her, she worked with pen and paper on these matters. There was a topographical map dotted with carefully charted circles of various colors and labels hastily scrawled in Aurbesh. It was an odd sight in this galaxy but Alyson tried to keep her traditions with her wherever she could. She pulled out a long wooden stick from behind the board and began presenting.

"Hello everyone, some of you I have met, others I have not had the pleasure yet, either way, you are all going to be a part of history here. We are going to be a part of a small expedition to find the ancient jedi temple. The lands where the Jedi of the Cold War trained and learned their craft."

She pointed to a blue circle. "I have narrowed down its location, with laborious reading of thousand year old texts, and matching those to the nearby region, to this 15 kilometer circle. It's up to us to go in and find it. However..."

Alyson pointed to various smaller, red circles throughout the map, many long the long green line which led from their current location to the blue circle, and many more within the circle itself. "The area is covered in flesh raider camps. We will need to move with stealth and avoid conflict where necessary. It seems that many of the flesh raiders have taken up residence in the area and have begun to venerate jedi artifacts religiously. It might be difficult to get them out. Our main objective is to find the temple itself, and set up a beacon on site so that my troops can set up an FOB. Any questions?"

She faced towards the group placing the stick on the floor, using it to balance with both hands.

[member="Shanoed Marais"] [member="Loske Matson"] [member="Dak"] [member="Cedric Grayson"]

Alyson had always been one for tradition. Cedric respected that, but he was finding the material map rather annoying to look at. There was such an ease to holomaps - you actually had to look at the regular map to figure out where anything was. A holomap would do the looking for you.

"Interesting about the flesh raiders," Cedric mused as he scratched the stubble coating his chin, "I have read much about them. That they would venerate Jedi artifacts is surprising, but then I suppose it's likely they have no idea those relics are Jedi in origin." His brow furrowed as he peered at the map.

"I'd like to make sure we bring as little harm to the flesh raiders as possible," he turned partly, wishing to explain the aliens to his companions. "From what we know, Flesh Raiders are a race of Rakata offshoots. They are large, powerful brutes, and most are severely lacking in intelligence. There are, however, a few records within the archives that indicate some Flesh Raiders lived peacefully with the Jedi, and even a few actually joined the order."

His gaze flicked back to the map. "Perhaps if we can make our way into the temple without harming them, we can come to understand them. If they worship Jedi relics, then we can use that to show them a better path."

He paused, his attentions shifting back to Alyson. "Do you know of any routes we could take to avoid the primary Flesh Raider encampments?"

[member="Alyson Halle"], [member="Shanoed Marais"], [member="Loske Matson"], [member="Dak"]

[member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Alyson Halle"] | [member="Shanoed Marais"] | [member="Loske Matson"]
It only took the droid a few seconds to decipher the two-dimensional topography the Empress had prepared, and once understood it easily translated to a three-dimensional render. Activating the holo-projector on his forearm that was typically reserved for holo-comms, Dak projects a smaller scale replica of the map in front of him. "Your manual cartographic abilities are commendable, Empress. My analytical core was able to interpret them with little-to-no need for re-evaluation." He gives her a nod of approval, genuinely impressed with the precision.

His receptors shift from her to his projection, scanning the translated data and taking note of the many points where suspected hostile locations overlap with the most direct routes to the temple. "Curious," Dak interjects "Are there any records of these 'flesh raiders' interacting with non-organic lifeforms in the past?"

Loske was observing with little need to ask questions about the map or Flesh Raiders, other than acknowledging what a badass name that was. The blonde crossed her arms while the questions of others floated forward for The Empress to address.

Oh, turns out she did have a question.

"How did you trace the location of the temple thus far? Do you have any artefacts or anything out of it?" If the answer was affirmative, the pilot could activate her tracking prowess (only proved once, on Tatooine in tracking down a race track saboteur) to perhaps verify the route and location, so they weren't just treading across this incredible planet with only a percentage of confidence.

[member="Dak"] / [member="Cedric Grayson"] / [member="Alyson Halle"] / [member="Shanoed Marais"]

'Go here. Now.' the feminine voice radiated through the Force.

Pom immediately wondered why she would feel the urge to venture to yet another planet which she had never been to before, just as she had found herself deposited upon Coruscant and dwelling among the Users of the Lightside of the Force.

The voice would not relent in its intent to usher her to Typhon. Amusing it seemed to find itself, while Pom only determined it perplexing. Never before had voices to the spirits or of greater existing forces made unexpected demands of her. Typically it has always been the other way around. But curiosity over the Ashla and the mere idea of an entity she might come to know, whom she had never discovered before in all its mind blowing aspects, surrounding dogma which is completely alien to her lifelong studies, caused the Nightsister to stick around to learn among her followers.

Unexpectedly or not, her arrival upon the planet occurred just as typically as she ventured toward any other, for one who detests being trapped within a flying metal contraption. She became deposited upon Typhon amidst the others of the Imperium, by stepping through the unseen doorway, from the nether realm. Pom Stych Tivé appeared out of the air in a tuft of black smoke, and she immediately understood the voice's purpose for her to be here.

"Hello," she said with a nod towards the one she has met before, [member="Cedric Grayson"]. "Apparently, I am meant to join you in whatever task you are charged."

[member="Alyson Halle"]
[member="Dak"]
[member="Loske Matson"]
[member="Shanoed Marais"]

Loske's question was rather important, even if it was rather simple. "Various geographical landmarks, along with the concentration of jedi artifacts among the flesh raiders. Mountains don't change in time scales mortal creatures can really comprehend, the mountains are exactly the same as they were millenia ago. We don't have anything to show for it, we don't exactly know where it is yet. Nobody has had balls big enough to try and ask the flesh raiders to hand over their toys, so we are going off of intuition here."

Alyson then moved to the question of route. "Green line Cedric, a bit of an uphill hike but avoids most of the flesh raider camps in the valley in the process."

Next, Daz. "They tend to walk around wearing armor made out of gigantic starship bolts and salvaged equipment. I would say that your odds of peaceful communication are low."

Finally a new arrival. The force bonded strongly with her, yet not in the traditional manner, it reminded her of the witches of Dathomir she had been in contact with many years ago, yet this one was clearly a person well versed in the dark side. There didn't seem to be any malice in their strings, so she would allow their presence for now. They would be watched closely.

"Any other questions before we depart?"

[member="Pom Stych Tivé"] [member="Loske Matson"] [member="Dak"] [member="Cedric Grayson"]

Green line. Got it.

Cedric took a moment to observe the map one last time, committing it to memory. He couldn't help but frown at the thing. It would have been so much easier simply to transfer the map to each of their datapads, but the Alyson was one for tradition, and he wasn't going to begrudge her that.

There was a billowing of smoke, and new figure stepped forth. Cedric lofted a brow at the display, momentarily preparing to draw his weapon as he felt the Bogan twist about within the empyrean. It was only when Pomsty stepped forth that he dropped his hand from his blade. He'd invited the Nightsister to join them in hopes of showing her the Ashla at work.

"Good of you to join us Pomsty. I was beginning to think you'd rejected my offer," Cedric noted in greeting as he turned back to the party. "We should head out soon then. I'd like to see these Flesh Raiders myself. There are two more scheduled to arrive, we'll leave once they're here."

He paused, "Anything important we need to know before we head on, Alyson?"

[member="Alyson Halle"], [member="Pom Stych Tivé"], [member="Loske Matson"], [member="Dak"], [member="Shanoed Marais"]

[member="Pom Stych Tivé"] , [member="Loske Matson"] , [member="Alyson Halle"]​

Talaya, just days prior, jumped at the chance of venturing to Tython with her older sibling: [member="Cedric Grayson"]. She'd said goodbye to the old ship nicknamed "Junebug", and opted to share the trip with Cedric to Tython. Preferably on a ship that didn't sound like its engine ran exclusively on Taco bell and wishful thinking. Whatever bunker the woman was assigned was where she'd find time to set up a recording. Logging her experience, as she often did.

Click ..

She giggled. "Sh-..Maann. Where do I even start? Me n' Cedric are headin' to Tython. Like ..the Tython. Lately it's like so much of what I thought was fairy-tail and fiction is uh ....it's real. The Force. The place where supposedly these jedi-guys used to live. It's ..all a bit surreal. I'm ...I'm having a blast, though. It's all so unexpected, but Cedric helps. He's a lot more collected than me. Patient. Strong." She shrugged lightly. "I don't know ..I just feel stronger around him. Like maybe I can be like that someday. Just uh ..hope hes not mad about me fallin' asleep durin' training. Heh .." Her eyes drifted some, before she looked back at the camera with a yawn. "Anyways ..that's all. Fun day tomorrow. Over n' out~"

Click ..

The night prior to their arrival was spent humoring her curiosity. Talaya finding it hard to sleep with so many questions at hand. What the world might look like? What creatures were on it? It was clear to her their trip was no vacation, but she was elated nonetheless. The lack of sleep led to her eventually waking up in the back of the Cedric's shuttle minutes after most had left. With a stretch, she'd get her equipment, fix her hair and hop off the shuttle. Despite trying to keep calm, it was clear she was overjoyed to be here. Ready to take pictures aplenty when the objective was complete. For now she'd slink into the depths of the cave to find the others, overhearing the general speak and everyone's concerns and questions.

To say she felt out of place was an understatement, but it was a feeling she was growing accustomed to. It was her time to find her place in the galaxy, and now was hardly the time to let her nerves get the best of her. Eventually she went to get [member="Dak"]'s attention when the droid seemed free. "Uh ..Dak, was it? Talaya. Think you could somehow forward that map to my datapad? If we get split up, knowing where I am might come in handy?"

Blond brows quirked at the unannounced arrival, the onyx cloud and the reveal of a raven haired woman. With a brief look to and fro, the blonde couldn’t detect the origin of the smoke. Coloured impressed, Loske glanced at the faces of her companions to gauge if her reaction was appropriate or not. Placidity greeted and once again she was validated as overexcited. Everyone was totally calm with [member="Pom Stych Tivé"]'s arrival.

She rubbed her upper arms to mask a shiver of trying to stifle her excitement, while holding up a hand in a wave hello to the witch before folding it back down again.

“Cool.” She murmured when [member="Alyson Halle"] addressed her question and she nodded. She let the woman continue to address the other slew of questions, including the one from [member="Dak"]. All while holding a pointer stick, like a traditional teacher. It was kind of quaint.

“If we can…somehow..get close enough to any sort of artefact or landmark, I can try and get a historic read on it, to track it’s origin..or at least all the location it’s been a part of, even if it didn’t originate here and this is just it’s current location.”

She buoyed her weight from foot to foot, dropping her hands to her hips, impatience brewing to get going. Whatever get going was. She hadn’t been part of a briefing this traditional since Wraith deployed to the planet of the snakes — -and that had holograms. The only true similarities between them were the unfamiliarity she had with who she was working with, and that they were all clustered around a single beacon before breaking out to conduct the mission.

Taking that note — that mission had just gone, okay. The bonds within Wraith were far from the strengths the Rogue Squadron had. That would have to be rectified with this group. Especially if they were attempting to work as a unified hoard on a mission.

Everyone seemed to have something to say, save for a brunette in the back. [member="Cedric Grayson"] had recently mentioned he’d discovered he had a sister, and similarities and exuding vibes seemed to match [member="Talaya Rade"] was that individual. In an undertone, she whispered over her shoulder to the brunette. “Hey, we didn’t get to hang out much on the ship. You must be Talaya — Cedric said you reminded him of the bravest woman in the galaxy.” She simpered knowingly, unfolding an arm to extend a hand for Talaya to shake it or whatever.

[member="Loske Matson"] | [member="Talaya Rade"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Alyson Halle"] | [member="Pom Stych Tivé"]

Dak’s analytical core buffers for a moment as his CPU processes the peculiar arrival of the witch. He had grown accustomed to many of the oddities and mystical qualities the universe had to offer throughout his service, but there was still plenty that found ways to surprise him. Without time to properly react, the continued discussion pulls his attention back.

Artifacts. Savage aliens. Successful communication unlikely.

He listens along with nothing to add, his head swiveling to observe the others who speak up to voice their comments and questions.

Hearing his name to his side, the droid turns his head to regard Talaya. He had already known her name without the need to repeat it, aware that she was also of the House he was programmed to serve. “Of course, Madame Talaya,” he holds out his hand to take the pad from her, ready to quickly transfer the information and return it "be aware: this data is interpretive, and may be subject to discrepancies."

The brief few minutes she spent checking on her equipment's condition was pleasantly interrupted by a mostly unfamiliar face: [member="Loske Matson"]. Her brows lifted curiously as she spoke. "Heh ..did 'e now? IIii dunnno. After the death trap I flew in last week, you might have new competition for that title." She'd muse, Talaya shaking the woman's hand and giving a glance to her facial features. It was almost like her face exceeded simple luck of the draw with genetics. Almost like she was sculpted in someone's image. It was an odd thing to explain. "But uh ..yeah. If those face-whatevers aren't tryna eat me the whole trip, we should hang sometime- ..Oh. Right. Don't think I caught your name."

Talaya politely broke the handshake after and if Loske gave her name, using the same hand to retrieve her datapad and offer it to @Dak. "Heh ..Yeah that's alright. Thanks man." After the datapad was returned, she'd fiddle with it and activate her surveillance bots. Three spherical and winged bots that'd deployed from a small rectangular box magnetized to her belt.

"Made these little cute things awhile back. For Surveillance. If anythings off with the map, they'll correct it as we travel. Has a camouflage feature, too."

Pom almost missed the opportunity, sleeping off last night's drinks well into the morning. The spirits roused her just in time. "Would never be my choice," she promised after [member="Cedric Grayson"] made his remark that he suspected she turned down his invitation, where honestly she only has a faint memory of the invitation. She nodded to those present, when he mentioned her name.

She listened to the objectives and approached to get a view of the map [member="Alyson Halle"] held up. A mission with promise. She remembered she is invited here to observe. Certainly nothing could happen which would require her to act; at least Cedric seemed to think this. She feels differently already! Flesh Raiders? Terrible Sith experiments gone awry? "Are the Flesh Raiders sentient?" she asked, uncertain. Personally, the witch certainly has ways of communicating with sentient beings, it is those non-sentient which seem merely impossible to comprehend, even for one with keen instincts. Regarding those maniacal, as she suspects these brutes to be, she agrees there likely is no chance.

She wonders just what she ought actually do. She has experience regarding how Jedi treat her kind, but it seems this group is not anything like those whom she had met before. She left her stereotype formed from the abrasive treatment of her past, by the wayside, and elected to give this excursion a chance. She determined she shall offer her services, if the group wills it. She made no motion to bring up the topic prematurely. Cedric had already mentioned some aspect of delicacy, which she did not quite comprehend.

The concept of the Ashla willingly assisting her children, is one partnership she has never heard before Cedric shared it with her over the past evening. As far as she had understood the differences of their dogmas prior to speaking with him, she is simply born under rule of a different god. She harbored no inherent malice, just lives doing what needs to be done, when it is needed, lest she become fate's victim. It is the way she had been shown to live.

[member="Dak"]
[member="Loske Matson"]
[member="Shanoed Marais"]
[member="Talaya Rade"]

The Crystal Spyder had been silent through all of the planning, through the new arrivals. She wasn't a stranger to strategy, but she had always valued actions over words. Now, actions were being forestalled by questions after questions after speculation.

She'd near heard enough to last the rest of her week. The woman surveyed the members of their group, her face half hidden, and her mouth draw into a line that gave no hint as to her mood.

"Does it matter if they are sentient? Beasts can be reasoned with just like sentient creatures. You just have to speak their language." The Miraluka finally spoke up, as if that should have been obvious. She'd spent enough time among beasts to know that.

Anticipation tightened her nerves and she turned towards the waterfall, seeming to smell the air. Every fiber of her body wanted to run out of this cavern. But she wasn't working alone anymore. She wasn't a lone wolf any more. We aren't lone wolves anymore. Shanoed pulled her lips back in a sneer before it was gone, returned to her emotionless mask. She turned to face Cedric and Cedric alone.

"My Lord, I would like to go ahead and scout. I have no mind for strategy like this, I am no use to you here." She gestured to the paper map, which she could barely even see, and what she could see made no sense to her. "I will stay hidden and flee if I am found and attacked, as you do not wish unnecessary death."

She preyed to Ashla he would say yes. Her body near vibrated with the need to run. The map just looked like squiggles to her, she had no idea what the lay of the land was, and desperately wanted to learn it with her own Sight.

[member="Cedric Grayson"], [member="Alyson Halle"], [member="Dak"], [member="Loske Matson"], [member="Talaya Rade"], [member="Pom Stych Tivé"]

"Nothing too important, just keep your wits about you and don't let your guard down. The entire place is a dangerous poodoo pit." She said to Cedric. She took her gun off where it was leaning on the table, putting on the weapon via the sling

"Will not, I don't intend to fight any flesh raiders on the way, so we probably won't find many artifacts. Several thousand years is more than enough time for the entire area to have been picked clean." She then said to Loske.

Next, Shanoned. "If you wish to scout you are free, just don't wander into danger." Alyson said, pulling out a flare gun from a holster on her left leg, holding it out for the miraluka. "Take this, if you need help fire up. There is a lot of communications issues in the valley, probably due to the composition of the mountains. We can't rely on radio"

"Almost but not quite, a few are fully sentient, but most are barely able to use tools, much less hold conversation. The ones that can are made tribal leaders or ostracized on a near 50/50 basis. It comes down to their personal ambition and the tribe in question."

It made some degree of sense that the witch would have interest in the flesh raiders, they were as intertwined in the dark side as her soul was, long ago their fate was sealed by the ancient Rakata empire, enslavers of all species. Their reliance on the dark side led to their downfall, as eventually the force just gave up on them, casting them down from their metaphorical high horse for believing that they were the masters of all eternity. The Rakata proved the rule: the dark side was a corruption.

"We can't use speeders, the area is full of weird magnetic and subspace anomalies. We will have to move by foot. It might be related to the temple itself but i'm not entirely certain myself. Are we all ready?"

[member="Shanoed Marais"] [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] [member="Talaya Rade"] [member="Dak"] [member="Loske Matson"] [member="Cedric Grayson"]

Pleasantries were made. Cedric watched the exchange between Talaya, Dak, and Loske with pleasure. He was keen on getting his sister involved in the Imperium's affairs, and he was certain she would get along well with Loske. Having another lady around that acted and thought similarly would likely make her assimilation into the group all the more smooth.

"You may move ahead, Shanoed. Just be careful," There was a sternness to Cedric's words, but a confidence too. The Crystal Spider was more than capable of taking care of herself if push came to shove, but even the greatest of masters could be overwhelmed by sheer numbers if they were unlucky.

His gaze passed from each member of the party, a confident smile coloring his otherwise stoic features. "I think we're set Alyson. Thank you for the briefing." He gave his old friend a nod and a clap on the shoulder. "Now, I'd say it's time we got moving. Our little group will go alone, as Alyson has indicated."

The Jedi Master strolled to another part of the waterfall chamber, shouldering a backpack filled to the near breaking point with supplies.

"This mission is yours Alyson. Lead on."

[member="Alyson Halle"], [member="Shanoed Marais"], [member="Pom Stych Tivé"], [member="Talaya Rade"], [member="Dak"], [member="Loske Matson"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom