Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trophy Hunt

The young knight had repaired her home and established a form of defense around her small property. She had even considered leaving Iridonia behind, but after taking the time to set up her home here, she chose to stay. The man that had torn her home apart, captured and interrogated her was gone. However, Jairdain had a few items that belonged to him and knew he would want them back.

When he returned it would be when she was ready. The Force spoke to her and she knew it was time. Whether she felt ready or not, they were going to meet again.

This time she wasn't outside, but inside waiting for him. He was a hunter and his trophies were his prey along with her maybe. Knowing this information about him, she was on her guard and thought prepared for anything he might throw her direction. She would not allow him to catch her off guard and capture her again.

Being blind was at time considered a handicap, but with her ability in the Force, it wasn't for her. Jairdain could see in a far different way than others and would use that to her advantage. Unless he brought those creatures him again.

[member="Koda Fett"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
Koda Fett
Iridonia

​Fett had gotten everything he wanted from Jairdain, the information was useful and he had since been paid by both the Sith Empire for the bounty itself, and then the Galactic Empire for the extra incentive they provided. Although she took something of his, in fact she took plenty of his belongings. Was he frustrated? Somewhat, but he knew that he would get them all back. Koda Fett was a stubborn man, hell-bent and getting his way in everything, in fact, it's the only reason he's now a bounty hunter and not just another soldier. This way he can live by his own rules, and this time he was out to retrieve what were rightfully his, whether it ended in a death or two didn't matter to the ruthless Bounty Hunter.

​The Concord Spear touched down not too far from the homestead, perhaps she already could sense the instinctive killer and the trophies left aboard his vessel. After departing in his Mandalorian Armour, it was easy to tell that the home had been repaired, even basic security had been installed. It would stop the common criminal, prevent them from getting caught up in crime, but for Koda this was just amusing. It wouldn't stop him, nothing would. He approached the door, briefly taking in what it's made of before firmly sending his foot into it. The door splintered and swung open with a wooden crunch. Fett offered no words, she would know his familiar presence.

[member="Jairdain"]

Not even bothering to reach into the Force, Jairdain knew he was coming. That aura he exuded could not be hidden or mistaken for anybody else. A small smile crossed her face when he landed his ship and it didn't take long for him to bypass her weak security. It wasn't exactly a friendly smile, but not totally hostile.

When he arrived, he didn't knock and instead kicked her door in. She instinctively raised a barrier up around herself if he chose to just open fire on her after walking in. It would last a few shots from him, but not much more than that. The damage done would be repaired and her violet eyes looked at the hunter.

Her hand rested her lightsaber hilt as it was clipped to her belt.

"Welcome to my home, Koda Fett. I knew you would come back."

[member="Koda Fett"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
"You know why I'm here, then, good." Said Fett, taking a few more steps into the room and glancing about, the repairs were extensive and if anything some improvements had been made. "Nobody has paid me for your scalp. Give me what I came for or I will take it." Perhaps the force could detect the truthfulness of certain statements, he wasn't sure how it worked, though if this was the case she would be fully aware as to how serious he was in that, not just by the tone itself. The Carbine in his grip was held down, not ready to use but could be in a moments notice. Entirely tempted to tear this place down all over again, and it would still be in the name of a search for something. His trophies, he wanted them back, no, he needed them back. They meant a lot more to him than just credits.

[member="Jairdain"]

He would see none of his trophies just laying out in the open if he looked around for them.

"You wouldn't get paid for a scalp you didn't collect. Which I'm thankful for. Information you took from me, learned some of my secrets and of the Jedi. Yet I only know your name. I would like to know more about you and what you came here seeking with be returned."

Not at all once and a piece at a time. If his trophies were that important to him, then he had many stories to tell. The truth of his words were the same as what was in hers. Right now, they were at a stalemate. She held respect for him and at their last parting, Jairdain knew he had some for her as well.

"Have a seat. I'm not going to bite."

Motioning to the chair across from her, she waited to see if Koda would join her.

[member="Koda Fett"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
The Bounty Hunter's interest was definitely piqued, beneath the helmet he formed an inquisitive look as he made his way towards the seat. Somewhat amused actually, often he would simply kill anyone who tried this little act on him but the thought of a blind Jedi asking him for stories was something that rather entertaining, so he obliged. Making his way towards a seat opposite Jairdain, sitting in it as he kept his carbine held in one hand, "Not many Jedi are as... accomodating as you. Give me one reason to not put a hole in your head and search for them myself. A blind woman can't have the best hiding places." He teased, whatever came next better of been good.

[member="Jairdain"]

Her words and actions interested Koda and the knight picked up on this. There was also amusement in him. No anger came from him and Jairdain relaxed, not fully, but that protection bubble she had put up on herself faded away.

"Who told you I am a Jedi anyway? Whoever they are is mistaken. I was for a time, but that changed and I no longer follow that path."

As for a reason to not put a hole in her head, she had to come up with something good. However, she knew death was not going to come to her today or by his hand.

"You would be surprised where a blind person can hide things."

Though she couldn't see,​ she could wink and that she did.

"If you don't tell your stories of how you got your trophies, who's going to know them when somebody puts a bullet in your head. What legacy you have around would be forgotten. Nobody to know what you went through to get them."

[member="Koda Fett"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
"Then tell me. Which one do you want to know about?" He was frustrated, this was less than how he expected things to go and he did want to just kill her. Though he felt as if she had something to offer by the end of this, and in truth, he never really had anybody to tell his stories too. Whenever he met a new person they often ended up his prisoner or dead. He leaned further back in the chair, bringing one leg over the other as he allowed the Carbine to sway from it's sling. He had many trophies, surely she didn't want to know of all of them.

[member="Jairdain"]

Koda had her full attention and hopefully he could tell by her gaze. While her eyes could not focus, they were a clear violet color and held no anger. Instead they were filled genuine curiosity. About him, his trophies and stories that went with them. When Jairdain had gone through his ship, she had left the larger ones behind and instead only taken some of the smaller ones.

She would make a small motion with a couple of fingers on one hand and on the table between them something that looked like a snakeskin appeared. When she had picked it up, Jairdain knew it was old. Maybe even considered ancient by today's standards. Along with the skin there were a few teeth. However, the teeth were quite new.

"What animals were these?"

[member="Koda Fett"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
Immediately Fett recognised them, the skin was old but preserved well enough. "Trandoshan by the name Gradossk. Gradossk was a big time Wookiee hunter, some preferred Wookiees over Trandoshans, as a result a bounty was placed." It was evident that he was referring to the skin, those weren't Trandoshan teeth. ​"Devaronian criminal, had less teeth than most, was wanted alive. I decided to take him of what little he had." And that was the story of the teeth. He was dry in his response, and on purpose. Letting people know about him was something he resented, being such an enigma made him so dangerous compared to other Bounty Hunter's. There was nothing for him that one could target.

[member="Jairdain"]

As Koda answered, the knight would move the trophies across the table and return them to him. He answered in as dry of a voice as possible, but Jairdain knew he wasn't lying. He had no need to embellish what he had done in his past. There was something he left out about the skin, but that wasn't the only item of his that was old. A few of the others matched it for time frame and that little piece of information she wanted to hear from him before revealing what she already knew. She would do it too if he speak of it before going through the trophies she had taken.

A little more work was needed to get the next part of his cache out from where she had hidden it. A tap of her foot on a panel under the table and she leaned over to open it the rest of the way. When she came back up, her hands held the padawan braids. There was a slight clenching of her jaws, but her face and voice remained pretty neutral.

There was no need for the question to be asked and her eyes spoke more than any words could have.

[member="Koda Fett"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
"Hmph." He grunted with a scoff, entirely unmoving, ​"You know how I got them." He continued. His arms folding over his chest as the Carbine rest loosely in his lap, his visor locking with her blind eyes with a blank expression. Sitting up slightly to reach over and slide the items closer to his person, being ready to snatch in a moments notice. Surely she had already known, perhaps the force was able to let one know the pain some suffered. Most of which suffered quick and clean deaths, but others went down in agonising pain, on fire, blown apart and other such means. Fett was hardly merciful, when an enemy got in his path they won't down regardless of who they were.

[member="Jairdain"]

For a moment, something dark crossed through her features. It wasn't directed at him, but if he could read expressions, then Koda would have seen it there. Her voice grew soft, but quite firm and determined.

"I may know how you got them but it doesn't tell me everything. May I know the difference then between this and this one?"

When she pulled out the braids, Jairdain had kept two separate from the rest. The others were pushed across the table to him like the skin and teeth had before. What she held in her hands was a braid taken in modern times and the other was far older. If he decided he had forgotten how he got them, she would point the difference out to him.

[member="Koda Fett"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
"There is no difference between them." There it was again, the cold, ruthless killer that Koda Fett was came out through his voice, in truth he couldn't remember who they belonged to. So many Jedi had fallen to him, even when they were rare, that's when braid collecting became a thing - as well as their lightsabers. Though now it's just a habit that remained, for the Jedi are numerous, and so easily defeated. With numbers came less skill, or was it that he became far greater than ever before? Fett couldn't truthfully answer that question. His blank stare persisted, emotionless, all bar contempt. She was trying to make him feel guilty for what he had done, he felt no guilt, only frustration from her feeble attempts.

[member="Jairdain"]

His answer was as much as she thought she would get from him. To him, these two examples were just part of his collection. His tone, even through the voice modulator was cold. Contrary to what he thought, she was not attempting to make him feel guilty. These thoughts Jairdain could not pick up on, but the annoyance he felt she did.

There was a small smirk on her face as she held up the one in her right hand and then the left.

"This one was taken from a person almost a millennia ago and this one was far more recent. That is the difference."

That was the story she was after more than the actual items.

[member="Koda Fett"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
Barely a nod came from him, moving his head backwards and sitting upright and firm inside the seat itself. ​"Hurry up, get this over with." His annoyance only persisted through his muffled voice, a quick glance shot to the four items before the blind woman herself. His Carbine made it's way back towards his lap, getting it even closer to himself and within use, his patience was thinning.

[member="Jairdain"]

Nodding, a look that was not easy to define crossed her face. Touched with a bit of victory, sorrow, sympathy and almost countless others, Jairdain stood up. Lightly setting the braids down on the table with the others, she walked to stand next to Koda.

Reaching out with the Force now, her face full of focus on him. Her eyes maybe even took on a slight glow. Drain knowledge was considered a dark side skill, but yet he offered this up willingly. There was also danger in pushing too far or too fast. Jairdain was confident in her ability though and knew how deep she could go and not harm him.

Her hands came up to hover above his head. As she searched his memory, his story became clear. He was far out of his time and only recently surfaced here. His training then paid off and he was able to continue his work. She also learned of his family, just how alone he was and he hurt. Everything about him was clear to the knight and nobody outside of this house really knew him now.

The loss of his family kept him from letting anybody in and he trusted nobody. However, he displayed a form of trust to Jairdain by allowing her to do what she had. It wasn't the same type of trust though.

When she was done, Jairdain made a simple motion with her hands and all the other trophies she had taken from were revealed. There was no reason to not return them to him now. Having gained from him far more than maybe even what he intended, she looked at him through the Force. If those violet eyes could have focused, he would know.

Even through his mask, he would know her focus was still on him.

"Thank you, Koda Fett."

A mere​ whisper so close to him.

"I understand the difference between the two and so much more."

[member="Koda Fett"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
"Right." He said, suspiciously, moving to stand and make his way for all his trophies. Many were small, able to be held by the several pouches his armour contained, of course he stashed all of them inside, some of the contents barely able to be sustained within the pouches. Some of which made their way to hang from his belt, once he was done with that he turned to her, "You don't know me." He mentioned, feeling as if she had performed some sort of sorcery in addition to the final words she spoke. If she had nothing else to say Fett ventured towards the doorway, stepping through and past the splintered door, making his way towards the ship. Of course, if she had something to say it's likely he would stay to hear it out.

[member="Jairdain"]

Allowing him time to gather his trophies and listening to his words, Jairdain knew he didn't know what she had just done fully.

"You're wrong, Koda Fett. I know you as well you know yourself and far better than you know me. It is okay to not be alone."

Looking away for a moment and then back at him.

"Your greatest strength was your love for Evonne and your son. Pain is a part of life, but it doesn't need to remain a part of you. Don't make it that way."

It would prove a truth to him. She did know him on a very deep level, it was a level that nobody else alive did. Jairdain did not know how he would react to her words, but inside she longed him to realize a simple fact. He wasn't alone and in front of him was somebody that accepted him. She did not fear him, nor love him. But she did respect him and it was a start.

[member="Koda Fett"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
No matter how truthful she may have very well been in her statement, he wasn't willing to accept any of that. Koda was who he was by his own volition, and he was ready to kill anybody that dared question that, someone that attempted to insert themselves under his tough exterior. With the mentioning of Evonne, Jairdain had far outstayed her welcome, and even more so when she mention his son. His head rotated slightly over his shoulder as she began speaking, though after that, in a quick pivot he rotated towards the Knight whilst grasping a hold of his EE-3 carbine, using it as if it were a pistol. "You don't know me." He repeated, firing off a three-shot burst towards the woman with the purest intent to kill. It was definitely likely to strike it's target, if it did it would be in her best interest to pretend she was dead, and if that were the case, never contact him again or suffer a worse fate.

[member="Jairdain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom