Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Trials New and Old

d9xT0Qh.png

Dominique spared Cato a brief look at Ayumi's insistence. The lilac-haired woman gave a slight nod before she turned her eyes forward once more.

Her golden eyes slowly panned over the marketplace as they entered. The Senator's expression neither brightened nor darkened at the sights. A small smile was held steadily upon her lips as Ayumi basked with pride at the District's -- Upcity's -- achievement. It certain was impressive, and a boon to Denon; their prosperity was Vexx's prosperity, of a sort. Pleasantly, much for sale cost little of Denon itself -- moons, ships, and precious resources throughout the galaxy. And the technology of manufacturing much from even 'slag' material... Yes, these things could fit nicely in establishing a solid foundation. One of several pieces, but that didn't diminish its stature.

"Really?" Dominique purred with a smirk. Purified Coaxium? Well, there'd be no complaints from the Senator about lavishness.

"An unbreakable form of secure communication?" Well, if shopping was on the menu... The Society could use something even Darkwire couldn't breach. It would help coordinate so many disparate elements that formed the Membership.

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
Dominique Vexx Dominique Vexx

Her eyebrow came up with a tight lipped smile. "Now that would be something wouldn't it. Pricey I am certain but well worth it and." She said it and turned her head. "Well depending on certain things entirely possible." Best methods some might think is technological but lambent were better for such communications and so far were slicer proof... mostly being quasi-organic instead of technological but one could use them. SHe continued to walk though and laughed a little to herself. "The grandmaster of the silver jedi has created such a device, in the past and getting them is not hard it is just difficult to use if you are not trained with the force... still depending on the scale you are wanting it could be harder to do."

d9xT0Qh.png

"I cannot claim to be skilled in The Force. Nor expect many that would join us would even possess the talent." It was a talent wasn't it? Some kind of unique quality one was born with? Honestly, Dominique had never bothered to learn about the particulars of where Jedi and Sith came from. It hadn't mattered in the grand scheme of things. They were. They had to be dealt with. She could scarcely engage in some sort of genetic purge.

"By difficult do you mean challenging, or practically impossible?" Likewise, Dominique didn't care if it was hard. Anyone that joined the Society would be well aware of what they intended was hard. No, a challenge should be faced head-on. Only if it was a waste of time and effort should she discount the possibility entirely. "For the sake of argument, assume a group of ten." She had high hopes of more than that, but even if the lines of communications were few and never expanded... it would be enough.

Ayumi Pallopides

"Not impossible, more if you can't feel the force you won't know if you are in a void where it won't function... but ten people would be easy enough. The Sigil of Hope was created for the jedi order in the republic after the Harvestors attacked and can be made for others." She said it and was walking but stayed there for the moment. "A good amount of other things have been made but they were designed for several purposes... communications is just one of the bonuses you are able to get out of it." She offered a smile and her hand for the moment going forward. "NOw aall of this for you, lets see what you are going to do for me." She stopped just long enough to clasp her haands behind her back but was looking at her. "Maybe something a little showy."

d9xT0Qh.png

Bonus? Well, Dominique would be satisfied with communication. As much as she held her own slicing skill in regard, enough to walk among Darkwire's ilk, she knew enough that expanding her pool of contacts would only invite disaster without a secure line of communication. Something that wasn't technical in nature -- something not hacked by any skill the Darkwire possessed -- would go quite far. The Society and its members would be walking down the narrow paths winding between two parties intent in destroying one another. If either turned their eye toward them...

Dominique's head pivoted slightly and the corner of her lips turned up at Ayumi's sudden interest in what benefits the woman would get in return. Of course she'd come prepared for this. One would think providing a platform for promoting and distributing her expensive if world-changing technology would be enough; it would certainly rake in credits. Nothing was ever enough, especially when the gain was merely theoretical and in the future.

"As it happens, I know of several things that might appeal. Tell me, Master Pallopides, are you a fan of the extravagant and alluring dances of Mystire, or perhaps you would enjoy the sights and sounds of Club Noir?" Not economical choices by far, though there were enough willing to spend the money to indulge now and again in such forms of entertainment -- the upper classes more so than not.

Ayumi Pallopides

She looked at her and the mentioning of dancing was well.... "Dancing is always good with the right people." She said it and stood there walking to look at her when she walked around. "Relax and have some fun with it.. we've already made an agreement now we are just settling on well terms and I told you I was going to flirt so dancing is good.. distract me with scantily clad men and women... maybe some twins... I can see why you are our worlds new senator." She said it and it was praise while she was walking going over some of the displays to see what they were selling in the marketplace. Images of different art from around the galaxy in private collections and even some of the more exotic ships. "Never know what might happen."

d9xT0Qh.png

"I'm always relaxed, Master Pallopides."
Dominique smiled back at the woman. "And I can assure you, Mystire's reputation is well earned, and worth the investment." A little entertainment always helped sweeten a deal. It was surprisingly pleasant to find such was true now as usual. Ayumi was a Jedi, after all. You couldn't always anticipate where their lines were drawn -- what one would consider reprehensible might not be close to what another did.

"Yes," Dominique regarded the items on display that'd briefly drawn Ayumi's eye, "that is true. However, together, you and I -- among others I will contact -- I intend to minimize the possibilities and maximize the gains." Anything could happen, but there were so many possibilities that should never happen. It was her job to make sure they never did. For Denon's sake. For her sake.

"It would pain many for such riches to be lost in the fires of change."

Ayumi Pallopides

"The fires of change huh...." She said it and maintained the smile... there would be plenty of change and it was going to be... well she found most things enjoyable as there was a zest for life and after she had met a... what would she call him... cousin maybe or ancestor.... something well it only reaffirmed why she was like this and why her family sided with life more and more. "But change can be good and you have a plan... so we'll handle plenty and we shall dance... and drink maybe." She said it with the smile but was walking while she was able to looking at some of the other things that they had... "We'll have to get some of the newer model equipment... I know Sasori has been working on advanced models of their resource biots... just imagine AI's dedicated solely to managing resources on planets and making sure they have everything for the people."

d9xT0Qh.png

"Plenty of drink. Wine, in particular. Do you fancy one in particular?" Indeed, if Ayumi had seen holos of Dominique even in the Senate chamber the woman was often sporting a glass. Partially to give her something enjoyable to savor while listening to people go on about this and that of no concern of hers. In very particular moments, the glass afford a means of cryptic signals to those informed of the cipher.

Dominique smiled and regarded their surroundings as they passed. There certainly was much to see on display.

"I'm familiar with Sasori, but I have not heard news about recent biot advancement. What makes their AI stand out from others that have sought the same?" Managing resources? Admittedly another innovation that could be of use, but Dominique also had to be careful of not becoming too reliant on any one person. Such could only result in the same sort of stranglehold that existed today -- perhaps with someone more well-intentioned, but that usually only lasted a single generation. Two if you were lucky. Better if Denon had an assembly of many well-intentioned souls to play off one another and come at matters with varying viewpoints so the best solution wasn't overlooked (as it was so often with the DireX Board).

Ayumi Pallopides

"Well for one, their AI's are grown in bodies, biots can be more useful as they do cut down on location space needed and have the functions to coll themselves down.. so no overheating a core or risk of a slicer getting in easily. THen there is what they do which is coordinate the different needs, the economic models work to sell excess supplies produced for the best prices and establish market value, the engineer models manufacture near endlessly and there are medical models growing some of the supplies like synthetic bacta and nysillin." SHe said it with a shrug while there. "THeir engineering biots aalso are what develop and refine the coaxium we have here which has a value much larger then normal hyperfuel."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom