Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Trials New and Old

CXYGP4F.png

d9xT0Qh.png

It wasn't enough to lay the groundwork amongst the people of Denon itself. That was the foundation of what was to follow, but not its entirety. What Dominique proposed to do required as many alliances and supporters as possible. Of course they wouldn't do it from some misguided sense of altruism. No, they'd want something in exchange, and she was prepared to negotiate to achieve what she'd set out to do -- bring stability back to Denon.

That said, it was unexpected -- and a touch unsettling -- to find herself contemplating reaching out to a familiar name, if not a familiar face. She was an intermediary to the Silver Jedi Concord, but that wasn't what had troubled Dominique. Obviously she'd prepared herself to deal with Jedi. No, it was this particular representative of the Concord that had a history with Denon itself... former Senator of Denon, Ayumi Pallopides Ayumi Pallopides . There were so many branches such a conversation could take, and challenges to complicate any discussion on top of what already existed.

Well, Dominique had a great many small and large, weak and powerful people and organizations to contact. Worrying how one of them might respond wouldn't accomplish anything.

With a touch, the Senator initiated a call to Ayumi's line.

"Hello, this is Senator Dominique Vexx. I have a proposition for the Concord."

d9xT0Qh.png

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
Dominique Vexx Dominique Vexx

Upcity was well considered neutral at best... all of the things happening on Denon hadn't reached them and compared to many of the others... they remained behind their gates with the energy bridges to handle it. Aside from a few who had access to the speeders and docks most didn't come here. The fostered state of being for those richer then most of the corporations on the world. THe former senator though thrived here... cut throat sure but with a purpose as they had sought to convert all of denon to this style and vision which was why there was a massive gap around them where construction had been halted years ago.

"Lady Ayumi there is a message for you." The voice came through for her and she raised an eyebrow.. she rarely got messages from on the planet that it garnered more interest from her then she normally would have shown. "Send it to my office." She said it and sat there for a moment looking out on the panoramic view of the district with its stark white stone and metal buildings... streets filled with brightly dressed people and even a clear blue sky. The environmental containment shield to filter the air and keep it clean doubled to also clean up the pollution and skies presenting an almost ideal looking world to the people.

"Ah the new senator... interesting." She looked at it and debated how hard she wanted to do political games... it was doable... required at times but also not in the style that she preferred... also the grandmaster in the concord wasn't one for them so her overly using them wouldn't look good. Still a small tight lipped smile was on her face as she spoke. "Senator, please come and join me. I'll discuss your proposal." Simple enough and she offered it with a bow as her expression was neutral and even showed some humor in her eyes. Sitting back in her chair she looked at the district again and well enjoyed it as more business was being done. "market day."

d9xT0Qh.png

Well, Vexx was the one asking for a meeting after all. What would the New Jedi Order think of this? If things went well, Vexx hoped they would think they needed to express their interest with more enthusiasm. If they did not, then they would scarcely care. Admittedly, she didn't understand Jedi politics -- only that like so many other beliefs everyone had their own opinion on how things should be conducted and thus...

Dominique's lips curled upward as she sat in the enclosed hover car. The irony of the moment had not passed her by. It would seem her beliefs on the manner in which Denon were governed had diverged, and now she was thinking of consolidating her own power. In the event things went awry. Even if they did not, however, her planet would make use of the stronger ties at every level of society.

A short while later, her vehicle arrived in Upcity and swept down into a designated landing area. The gull-wing door swung open and Dominique Vexx strode down the short ramp to the ground below.

From all appearances it would seem matters concerning the Darkwire hadn't reached the isolated community built here. Vexx was certain the DireX would like nothing more than to enclose every inch of the planet and slowly force the corporate terrorists into a corner where they would be utterly destroyed. Well, no one had the time, money, or inclination for such foolishness. Useful in small doses, not for a planet like Denon.

At her arrival, Dominique awaited to be announced at Ayumi Pallopides Ayumi Pallopides 's residence. For the occassion, Dominique wore a black short dress with a open, thin overcoat and high heels. Fashionable, but not outlandish. This was a business meeting with someone she wanted to be on good terms with; not someone she came to brow beat into submission.

d9xT0Qh.png

Ayumi Pallopides

"The senator is here." The voice came through and Ayumi turned offering a small smirk for herself but she was checking on a few other things. Her interface was coming up to show her the woman and she nodded her head. "Let her in." She said it and walked over towards the doors as they opened onto the large office and Ayumi stood in her form fitted coat. high neck and over the bodysuit and going down to heeled boots. Almost seamless except in the front when she looked up at the woman. "Welcome to Upcity." There was a smile on her face and hand coming out as she let her hair stay in place behind her but motioned to the seats. "Would you carre for any refreshments?"

d9xT0Qh.png

Dominique calmly strode into the room with her chin held high and a small smile on her lips. When the door opened to reveal Ayumi herself, she allowed her chin to lower a degree or two out of politeness to her host. "It is as pleasant as I had heard," she replied. There hadn't been cause for her to visit in person before; Denon was a rather large planet and not every community could expect a personal visit. Certainly not the more industrial areas -- at least not until recently.

"I would be honored," Dominique added regarded the refreshments. "We haven't had the pleasure, and while I would not waste your time, I would gladly welcome the opportunity to converse." Ayumi was no doubt a busy woman in her own right. Doing what Dominique would like to understand better, but there was little time for protracted surveillance. If she held rank among the Concord, Dominique could trust the woman wasn't a Sith in disguise or someone equally selfish in nature -- or so the necessary assumptions had been risked.

As they moved to take their seats and whatever refreshment Ayumi deemed appropriate -- Vexx would accept whatever was offered to again demonstrate a certain respect for the proceedings -- Dominique kept her attention with the other woman. In the spirit of not wasting her time, she added, "I appreciate the welcome on such short notice, Master Pallopides." There was a brief pause if Ayumi sought to correct the form of address. "I'm certain you're familiar with recent events on Denon; a measured amount of haste seems warranted in an effort to stabilize life for our People."

Now, Dominique would weigh Ayumi's expression and words to try and discern the other woman's disposition on such matters. It was important to try and ferret out those that Kissed the Ring to the Corporate Authorities and the DireX in particular -- they would not be conducive business partners on this venture.

Ayumi Pallopides

She bowed her head and leading to the seats as refreshments were brought. Small sandwiches and drinks. "I am aware of what has happened or is happening." She said it and remained neutral in her look and thoughts about it. Sitting there though she offered only a smile. "While it is important, the ones who live here didn't want to be involved and inturrupting the market here can make problems others will not want." She said it but took a sip of her drink offering a nod. THe invisible market was well not common.... high security, clients who preferred to remain unknown and deals that were certified insane as usually if you had to ask a price you couldn't afford it. "But if your plan is to improve the lives of the people on Denon... I can say from experience it is more difficult then it seemed." She had tried and upcity was the best example of the ideas that they tried to bring in as the improved buildings hadn't gotten that far. "Still if things can be changed it could be more beneficial."

d9xT0Qh.png

Sandwiches? Thoughtful of Ayumi. Dominique contented herself with only a drink, however. Their conversation had only just begun, and being forced to hasten to swallow to reply at a crucial juncture would be... unfortunate.

Obviously Ayumi was experienced in such a setting as well with her refusing to do more than acknowledge present circumstances. Prudent, if a touch annoying given Dominique's need to weigh whether the woman could be counted on to be discrete. Another route, then.

"Often, the Corporate Authorities of Denon are more preoccupied with shipping delays and the terrorist acts of Darkwire. As a thriving ecumenopolis, however, there are a great many concerns that might go unnoticed. Concerns often dealt with by... assertive means. While I am pleased to hear Upcity's market has not been disturbed yet, I want to make sure it remains that way. For all our sakes. Toward that end I am even open to engaging outside parties -- such as the Concord -- to ensure our markets remain competitive and sustainable." Nothing of which should be alarming. Well, perhaps to a fanatic of the Board with Dominique suggesting they weren't handling affairs perfectly.

Now to the purpose of why the Senator was there. "Therefore I am interested in finding experienced and capable people to facilitate discussions and coordinate activities."

Ayumi Pallopides

She listened and took it in... the woman before her was different and seemed at least to have an interest in something beyond profits only... she.. well neither was a saint but Ayumi smiled. "Well I do have experience and the chance to help out without the Galactic Alliance launching one of their emergency meetings to discuss how people should be removed or investigated woudln't be too terrible. Tell me your plan and I will send it to the Concord's grandmaster. She is a lot more altruistic then I am but I find myself rather enjoying." She held her hands out and indicated both the room. "All of this including the planet." THe smile was there. "And maybe later we'll check out the market. Few get to see the invisible market since it only has a small handful of locations across the galaxy."

d9xT0Qh.png

Dominique smiled. Yes, another session of the Senate offering to replace the government of Denon by the saber and blaster was most decidedly not what Vexx wanted. It'd only lead to unrest later -- and not the sort necessarily contained to one planet. She hadn't been overselling the slippery slope they'd stood on. One the Senate had already tried not tumbling down (and failing). Best not to tempt fate a second time.

"Denon is always open to you, Master Pallopides. We furnish the galaxy's needs, and now, perhaps, we shall make sure to furnish our own." Ayumi wasn't off the mark, of course. Dominique hadn't suddenly become someone entirely different. She still believed in the value of a strong corporate alliance, but relying entirely on industrial magnates would be foolhardy. The DireX Board already held the overwhelming control in that arena. No, if she had any designs on changing Denon -- discretely -- it would have to be by involving a wide variety of people. Those with an interest in Denon's future.

Not that Dominique was going to start selling Denon piecemeal only to find after all their effort there was nothing left for themselves, of course. Still, some bargains would have to be made along the way. Not out of desperation, which meant discretion on those approached was paramount.

"I intend to form a coalition of influential, wealthy, powerful, and creative people to begin making connections throughout all of Denon. Establishing relationships and trusts, especially among those that feel ignored or forgotten. People the DireX Board overlook because they are not the strongest or the most ruthless. It'll not be limited to merely the rich and powerful," as she'd already alluded, "else we'd be right back where we started. Instead, I'll help the People of Denon become invested in their own future once more. Give them the stability of a well-functioning governance while still enabling them to have a voice."

A short laugh followed. "I'll admit," her golden eyes sparkled, "I'm not sold on the idea of a full democracy if the DireX Board were to ever lose its influential hold over Denon. But I have no intentions of open warfare with the Board, so we should have time to discuss the future of our ideals." Slow and steady would be their approach. "After all, we're merely... kindred souls interested in forming mutually beneficial business partnerships so far as the Board will ever be concerned. Route matters of the day to day life of Denon. That the entire web of those partnerships is not public knowledge..." Dominique spread her hands apart with a smile. What the DireX Board didn't know wouldn't hurt her.

"If the Concord were interested, Denon could provide goods and services. In exchange, Denon could use food, introductions to others that might be interested in trade with us, and only in the utmost emergency their aide." Dominique's smile wilted. "The Empire and Maw may still be far away, but now there is a Sith Order. Our two people are sounded by less... accommodating parties. We could ensure one another has what they need to weather such times." Even as Dominique focused on their local concerns, she wasn't foolish enough to ignore the galactic maneuvers that would threaten their hard won stability.

Ayumi Pallopides

She listened and grinned wider at that standing up to go and look out the window at the mention of a few things... but her hand came out. "Moonglow." She said it as the Advanced Living Modules that were common in Upcity. The rapid fabrication of raw matter into the fruit that was rare and hard to get from its remote planet. She turned to look at the senator and broke it in half. "My contribution and why upcity is some of the richest we advanced the fabrication technologies for raw matter and can sell fresh food to the other districts." She offered it while she was bringing up a screen with Cato there for her. "My lady." the twi'lek spoke and Ayumi walked getting her drink while giving the piece of fruit. "Cato I am going to need my makie brought in for dictation and turn on security measures. We need to have our discussion away from possible ears."

Fabrication technology? Vexx leaned forward to accept the half Ayumi offered. Such a thing would go a long way to ensuring the People of Denon remain fed. Being a city-planet wasn't without its drawbacks -- a lack of suitable agriculture for a population their size being chief among them. If nothing else, this sort of technology would reduce the amount of perishables that had to be imported.

Ayumi spoke of security measures to be activated, which Vexx found most agreeable. If the woman wasn't interested, there'd be nothing sensitive to discuss. Now the only question would be what Ayumi, or the Concord, would ask in return. As long as they remain reasonable, Dominique believed an accord could be reached -- otherwise she never would have made the effort.

Denon needed this. Well, maybe not Jedi, but alliances, partnerships, even friendships. A network to support the well-oiled industries that Denon was renown for.

"Most kind. I'm certain the raw materials could be found. Does it need to be of a certain kind?"

Ayumi Pallopides Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi Pallopides

"Not anymore, the first models required it just a massive molecular furnace that broke anything down... so when we started the conversion in this area trash, debris, even pollution in the air could be taken in and broken down then converted into the raw matter needed to be programmed. It was a pipedream at the time the Republic had among its many faults no care for anything outside of its select worlds usually the chancellors and the jedi grandmasters homeworld or where they had their businesses. So funding wasn't given as much and we were only able to convert one district from the ground level up."

She said it but was looking at her they were not Coruscant with thousands of levels of empty space left to rot this was people and everything used aand then offered more. "And with many of the advances in the technologies we have also been able to do more. Wait until you see the dimensional compression technologies involved. TUrning storage racks into small chambers we can pack decades worth of supplies in and the interior is a stasis field so anything going in won't wilt or age until it is taken out." She walked around then though and looked out at the window. "It is just one of the things we sell here for them... well that and our ship components... the rhion seed for repairing and upgrading ships is a powerful seller."

Anything? "And this furnace is... efficient to the task?" What was the conversion ratio? Surely it wasn't one to one. Fifty percent? But Ayumi said even the air itself could be taken in. The particulate, no doubt, but even so to make use of that would be extremely inefficient unless this technology were as breath-taking as it sounded.

Dominique's lips thinned slightly at the sound of this having been started so long ago. How could such a project have been abandoned? Worse, not even mentioned? And the DireX Board hadn't stepped in to lay claim to this? Had Ayumi kept it from them? That had potential. If they weren't already aware of how this District came to its prosperity... if they believed it entirely from the dealings that went on...

"You have amassed quite the collection of industry-changing technology. Perhaps even world-changing."
Dominique regarded Ayumi for a moment. "What if the resources were provided to... restore more of Denon to such a state? Not the industrial sector. There's no need to watch your hard work become corrupted before the ways of thinking change. Commercial -- even residential -- sectors, however... If the people made use of such technology it would gradually change the way they think. It would force change from the ground up."

The Senator smiled once more. "Which is my intention, Master Pallopides. Change. Darkwire claims the people have power by tearing down society. I feel they have a power as well, but not merely by stoking anarchy. They do not know it, yet, because we have all done a splendid job of distracting them from it. Would you be inclined to help me... remind them?"

Ayumi Pallopides Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi Pallopides

"It is, advances in other fields have given you could say a greater understanding to the development and it helps that the grandmaster of the silvers and creater of the technologies is well versed in matter manipulation." She wasn't certain how versed the senator was in force related matters but the knowledge was helpful and rare enough. "as to why the project was abandoned well... I am not certain of all the details... we presented it, got started and then well you have seen agenda's change. The technology though could be given out plenty but it is this." She indicated with her hands. "A room, a hallway... building components that can't fit in a home so you need to tear down a lot and rebuild.... which is easier because these room can be fabricated quickly and are sturdy." She chuckled a little but.... mention of Darkwire and therir anarchy was well... "Sometimes you need a little chaos, controlled and measured but when assassinations are being used or attacks it is a no. If I can help I will gladly look to do it with you.... so long as you can handle mild flirting and that you will likely see technology you didn't know was on the market." She just though about what might be said when some other things were shown.

d9xT0Qh.png

Dominique had been content to prop up the Darkwire, for her part, and ensure they were not stomped from existence by the DireX Board. Until they took a radical turn with and following the attempt on Valery Noble's life. Then it became apparent both sides were on a collision course, and no matter who won there might be precious little left of the Denon she knew. The damage could be so extensive that the day-to-day would grind to a halt long enough to cause catastrophic economic impact.

It was interesting to hear Ayumi might be of a similar disposition. Had the woman also furnished them with support in one form or another?

The technology being offered could be useful. Of course, Dominique could also foresee certain elements finding it quite intimidating. Some organizations made it their business providing materials of rare kinds to fulfill requests. If such could be made without laborious trade negotiations and over-priced trades... Even Dominique might find some personal interests afflicted by humoring this.

Despite that, it would be an unique tool none would see coming. It could convince others with otherwise 'outlandish' requests.

"I can handle a great deal, Master Pallopides. As long as there is respect." That or an overriding need to suffer someone's presence. Dominique certainly hoped for the former. "What would you need to get started?"

Ayumi Pallopides

She bowed her head to that. "Respect is always good." She said it and moved as she was thinking about it and walked forward. "As to what I need to do it well... largely public opinion, we can bring the supplies, we can bring the equipment and show it but many might not believe it or think they can get access to it." She shrrugged as there were advances being made she knew in the technology itself from plans and testing but they would be able to bring more. "We'll be able to do much more but all of the corporations and likely darkwire won't like another hand in the game. Or who knows it could be a chance to test out some of the AI countermeasures for dealing with slicers... but we should go to the market. I did promise you the chance to experience it and when else would you get a chance to buy a planet."

d9xT0Qh.png

Dominique tapped her lips with a lone finger. "They won't know there is another hand in the game, Master Pallopides. They may see a potential rival in the market, perhaps even another 'Corpo' that'd try to leash the people with riches, but as for the truth? No. I won't start The End of Denon. You, I, and others of a kind will make sure it doesn't come to that."

"We will start 'small' to have rumor and whispers be our vanguard. I know people in public places. They can assist us in getting the word out from there. Organize events and demonstrations. Provide the people tangible gains, not merely silken promises. By the time we draw their ire it will be too late for them but to try dismissing it as a mere novelty."

The Senator smiled. "I trust you have guards? If it becomes necessary, I can arrange for others to supplement their number. People known for their combat prowess. People of honor for the right price."

Ayumi Pallopides

"Oh I have people for that." SHe said it and there was the remains of the security force which remained here. ANother dream as they sought to make great changes but well they were loyal and enjoyed the comfort as well as the training. As to her plan well... the woman knew how to set it out which helped.... it was the ideal way to do it and Ayumi walked with her hands clasped behind her back. "We'll just need a good place to start, I am not as familiar with the districts and how they have changed lately nor really paid much attention to some of the other corporations. Upcity has had Sasori and its partners like Corellian Digital and Alli Vern Alli Vern with her company providing nearly exclusively." SHe was walking now though tot he door to leave and lead the way down into the markets as the hallways were filled with aids and droids.

d9xT0Qh.png

Dominique slowly rose from the comforts Ayumi had provided to accompany the woman. "District Seven." There'd been a second of reflection on the choice, but only just. "Distract Three's wastes would be a remarkable achievement, but it would take too long and be too obvious. District Nine might be the ideal choice were it not for recent events making Seven the prime choice." Ordinarily it should be avoided as any efforts could have easily gone unnoticed. While they didn't want to scream for attention, it wouldn't do to be completely invisible either. Recent events, however, had changed things.

"The lock down and hunt for Darkwire in that District has left numerous scars -- physically and mentally. This technology could help repair one and, in time, help repair the other by restoring confidence and a sense of normality among the populace." As much as Dominique rather not restore Darkwire's favorite district, and doubted any such restoration would be viewed with the magnanimous nature in which it occurred, it was the best candidate. "Your efforts would be just another entity's efforts among many. The most fruitful of them, ultimately, and worthy of attention afterward. Efforts that would lend themselves easily to building a larger reputation throughout Denon."

Ayumi Pallopides

She listened and there was plenty there that they might be able to do as she walked and brought up the information on the interface visor over her eye so that she could watch and read some of it. The districts she was recommending were the best chance and she did enjoy the idea of helping the people if only to show that their plan was a good one... the smirk was on her face while she looked and motioned wiht her hand. Cato coming to join her as the young girl remained to the side and exiting the building. "THat sounds like it will work, Cato here can coordinate where needed and has access to what is needed here." She offered a smile and was walking as the marketplace was there and presented much more for all of them. Guards standing at the ready and observing but they mostly were for show as the people in their suits rarely stepped from the guards who were net to them. Displays showing any number of things from moons, to mines and ships as well as metals or gemstones. Ayumi turned to look at her and offered a grin. "Welcome to the INvisible market where if you need to ask the price of something... you can't afford it. I brought a case of purified coaxium so we do have some spending if needed or if something catches your eyes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom