Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial of Reverance (New Republic Dominion of Alderaan, Open to All)

Objective: Route the Caamas Remnatns - Pirates or Sith "Freedom Fighters"?
Yularen stood just beyond the viewport as the Corellian Star Defender dropped out of hyperspace. As the elongated stars began to revert into the bright speckles on a black canvas, the green orb of Caamas came into view. While this was technically meant to be New Republic jurisdiction now, Corellian Naval High Command had been called on to help patrol the sector due to the nature of the trial taking place on Alderaan. The Quarth's mouth twitched just thinking about the man.

The man held connections, at least he had. It had been very much quiet the entire time he was being processed and transferred. But it could have easily just been a Sith trap, which was why the Corellians were here. Caamas held a not so well hidden secret, an old Sith Imperial outpost. While the outpost was a known quantity, the budding New Republic intelligence agencies had reported suspicious ship movements in and out of the system. A blockade was put in place and ships were dispersed along Caamas' hyperlane egress points. On the opposite side of the planet another large warship sat, he knew, along with a small flotilla of support ships. On his side was the Conclusive Victory, a Strident-Class Star Defender not one year out of the shipyard, two interdictor frigates of Corellian design, and a pair of Hammerhead Corvettes that were on scan and intercept duties.

It was a welcome feeling being on the bridge of a dedicated destroyer vessel like the Conclusive Victory. While he had plenty of time off ship due to his position, but his main posting was on the massive Colony-Class Battlecruiser. The Ascendant Justice was a marvel of a ship, but it made him feel out of touch with the rest of the fleet, regardless of all the communications equipment and holoscreens that let him watch fleet movements. Here he felt like a real Captain again, even if the actual commanding officer was a Rear Admiral by the name of Elayne Phet. She was a capable woman, Ex-Republic Navy like him and a little older even if her dark hair and only slightly creased dark skin said otherwise.

A hand reached up and ran thick fingers over the rigid flesh flaps of humans likened to mustaches. They were monitoring the heavy traffic heading into one of the planet's western continents. Everything seemed normal, and maybe he should have been glad for that, but he longed to take control of the battle. They were letting traffic into the system, however the interdictors held shut the exit point and let ships maneuver to the egress point following inspection by the corvettes and the teams aboard. If the Sith were going anywhere, if New Republic intelligence could be trusted, they would be leaving, not-

"Sirs, we've got several vessels dropping out of hyperspace...They seem to be using a hidden hyperlane!" The Quarth made a half smirk half grimace and turned to look up at Phet from the duty station pit and gave a curt nod. She returned the gesture

"The largest looks Mandalorian, signature matches it to an older model Kandosii! The other vessels look like Privateer-Class frigates or uglies without any registered signatures."

"Scramble a squadron of fighters and bring us into firing range on that Kandosii. That will be our primary target," She looked down at Yularen, "Do you think this is the Sith?"

"Hrm...No...The ships are too old, even to be from One Sith, and the Mandalorians would have never sold their vessels to them. I think we just got lucky today. Broadcast a retreat for all the civilian vessels."

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
Objective: Outpost Fight Test out weapons
Peps: [member="Barr Vexos"]

Harley watched from the side lines as the ship touched down, a new wave of reinforcements to filing out from the downed ship. His eyes followed each and solider walking of the ramp, all were season fighters from the way they walked, most calm and ready for the fight ahead, well asl except one that showed signs of being... anxious?

That was a little strange but perhaps that as the minister he had heard about coming on the mission with them. If so there could be many different reasons for the man acting so jittery, past experiences most likely, he didn't seem like a greenhorn. 'I guess it is show time'. Giving his tie one last adjustment Harley walked over to what he assumed to be Barr, extending a hand to the man.

"Harley Fenstermacher, senator of Balmoora, I presume you are Mr Vexos"?

Aboard the Conclusive Victory
Objective: Clear out Pirates and Sith/Imperial Remnants

The knife shaped ship turned to meet its new enemies. Civilians had either fled or had been shot down and disabled by the pirates, creating a debris field between the two small fleets. Whoever they were, they had been jamming their signals since they entered the system and getting in contact with the New Republic on the other side of the planet was futile, even if they could get here in time to reinforce. Luckily, the interdictors were doing their job. He doubted they were expecting to be facing off against a ship as powerful as the Conclusive Victory.

Another volley of turbolaser fire flared in their direction. The fighters were in combat now and as expected the pirates had dropped off a motley squadron of fighters from across the Galaxy, some of which he'd never even seen before. A few Weequay battle disks, some Mandalorian Fangs, beat up TIEs, old Republic X-wings, it really was a mashup of the last thirty years of starfighters out there. It was making it difficult for their sensor techs.

He grimaced. Of all the ships, they were the most capable fighter and really the only hope for a victory. They were almost in range now for the turbolasers to really start doing damage to their warships. But if he remembered correctly, the Kandosii had long-range turbolasers, a fact made all too clear by the rumbling of the Strident-class Star Defender. He felt lucky that at least their fighters were having an easier time mopping up the opposition.

"Enemy fighter squadron down by 15%! We're still at over 90% strength!" The comment came almost as if on cue as he thought about the fighters. It brought him sorrow that they weren't at 100%, especially considering they hadn't launched all of their fighters yet, and he was sure the enemy hadn't either. His eyes narrowed as he listened to the Rear Admiral bark orders. Turbolaser fire erupted from the batteries dotted across the vessel's surface. Now the real fight could begin.

[member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"]

"they might argue it Duke, but then they might say Hoth is a lot colder for Alderaan has a warm heart." It did as far as he was concerned a heart that kept beating no matter what.

Theo knew that the Duke as a member of the High Council knew about the border crossings it could be a reason that a Republic presence was stronger than before. Except. He doubted they could protect Alderaan from anything, course he was a cynic and would need convincing. His mother had come up with a solution, "My mother is sending me to the Republic Capital World to...." He shook his head, "observe and learn. that once I return from this patrol."

He looked at the Duke it was no secret that many on Alderaan still held this discontent toward anything named Republic. He was too young to know all of the history so his Grandmother made sure he knew.

"Yes shoulder to shoulder"

As we wait for death and destruction to come once more. "Shall we join my mother?"

Allies: New Republic
Equipment: New Republic BR-1, VT-Bolt Blaster, Asheran Armorweave, Knife

[member="Harley Fenstermacher"]

Barr was taken by surprise when he saw Fenstermacher coming towards him. He wondered what reasons the man had of coming to a regular soldier like him until the senator was close enough to talk to.

“You are correct senator,” Barr nodded shaking the senator's hand in response, “I believe my mother has told me about you. Surprised you’re not at the trail since everyone important is attending.” He added, trying his best to be formal to the person out of kindness but also to make sure that he doesn’t get into any trouble whatsoever with his higher ups.

Duke Kyle DeVoe

Head of House DeVoe
"The least of evils in this galaxy the Republic has proved to be. But it has its share of snakes in its den.
Good you know this." he then turned from eyeing his queen back to her son.

"Our Houses have had their share of serpents in our garden. Best to know their habits...makes it easier to trample their head under our boot than to find ourselves barefoot..." he gave a small boisterous laugh, patting the young royal on his shoulder.
If anyone could understand the young Organa, it were the Duke.

On the exterior, many saw him as a noble, often mistaking his proper form, etiquette and mannerism as just another pompous aristocrat. But that were the intention of this perception. Besides, nobility had it's purpose in the civilized corners of this galaxy. When men came under fire and their spirit wavered to reduce them to barbarians, nobility remained in the foreground to bring them back to order. Nobles such as Duke Kyle not only lead men to defend their home, but he too took up arms. He were a man who would expect of his men what he himself would take up to do. As thus, nobles like Duke Kyle DeVoe and of his lineage were always looked up by the very people they served and protected.

Duke Kyle had no doubt Theo had his eyes open as to what all this were for, even before it had been arranged to take place on their Alderaan.
But to have voice an ardent protest would have undermined their queen and all of the good gardeners that were of true Republic heart. To have refused this trial here would have had the snakes slither their way into their garden unnoticed. So Alderaan opened it's garden doors and watched all whom came to enter.
So it were that they too put on their best costumes and masks on and greeted both good gardeners and snakes. Only that they knew of what snakes would slither among the good. It were then a simple matter like weeding the garden. Only these weeds that made their way to Alderaan were snakes.

"Your majesty.." Kyle finally approached his queen with her son.
"A pleasure once again to be of assistant to you.." he said, bowing his head as he reached for her hand and placed a respectful kiss upon the Royal Ring of House Organa.

Harley Fenstermacher

Harley gave a small shrug at the statement, "true I am important, but I was not really involved with the events pertaining to the trial, wouldn't really matter if I was their, don'y really know anything worth while". "Besides the last time I was at a trial things devolved into a shoot out", he replied with a humors tone. Thinking back to that terrorist plot during a different planets attempt to join the republic which saw some group respond with a bomb, which lead to a trial were he was the judge, which lead to another attempted attack. Thankfully that had been taken care of with a little force help in feeling the danger before anything got out of hand.

"Besides I feel more at home here near a battlefield, watching my nice creations at work, all the booms and kapows and things blow up". Probably not the best reason to be near the front lines but who was going to stop him? There were very few people that the senator could consider his superior, and even then not like he'd listen to them properly. "Sooo, you are the military person, what is your take on the outpost over der"?

Faith watched as the Duke spoke in hushed tones to her son as if they were conspiring or telling secrets like all politicians do. She smiled that was part of their world wasn't it politicians. No doubt they talked either about the trial and the man on trial, or spoke of the Republic, and then there was that small off chance that spoke of Marina.

"Duke Devoe as always I am grateful for your presence and point of view, may I present Alexandra" She looked at Theo for a moment wondering what went on behind the look he was giving the room.

"Alexandra I'd like to present Duke Kyle Devoe, and my son Theo Vereen." All the introductions were made, "Were you and my son conspiring Duke Devoe?" She went no further to address what they could have been conspiring about. They were entitled to opinion and secrets as long as they did no harm to the securities of Alderaan and its people.

[member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

On cue Theo spoke, " Gardening and the benefits to such a hobby here on Alderaan mother." He looked at Alexandra, "the pleasure is mine Mam." Theo thought that perhaps he would go and speak with [member="Tycho Alde"] and get his thoughts about the prisoner.

Perhaps he could answer some questions for him regarding the disposition of the man and the charges brought against him. But for now he would stand still listening to those around him gleaning what information he could, and letting his imagination run wild.

Wild it could paint a thousand pictures the force user [member="Reverance"] bursting with energy leveling the building and killing everyone inside while singing or humming to selfish a old song about tip toeing through the tulips.

Another scenario the man breaks free from his captors and leads them on a chase across the planet. Thranta riders filling the skills, the Republic standing with their fists in their mouths wondering how such a thing could happen and yes..yes THEO would save them...............or....would he help the man escape..

But then it was only his imagination born from boredom.

[member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Duke Kyle DeVoe

Head of House DeVoe
"The pleasure is all mine, your grace..." He replied taking a step back.
Faith then turned to introduce the Senator, by which he took a moment to allow the young prince to reply, before he himself took upon giving the republic senator a respectful bow.

"Senator Feanor, a most welcoming surprise to finally have the opportunity of your company. I must apologize for my absence and of the many missed opportunities I have incurred in the past in meeting you before.
I had hoped it would have been under much more favorable circumstances. But a pleasure it is nonetheless."

The Duke had certainly missed many invites from the Republic and former FWC allies which featured such renowned political movers and motivators such as Senator [member="Alexandra Feanor"] in their galas and affairs.
His duties had taken him to sacrifice such parties and galas, for he overlooked the Norther most part of Alderaan...the Aiden Mountain range and Providences... and of course the planet's Northern defenses.
There had been a few occasions where the sith, their main nemesis had claimed dominance over Alderaan. But the North had never fallen...nor had the sith ever fully taken all of Alderaan.
Mountain ranges and terrain were one of the most difficult for any attacking forces to take or hold. History attested to those facts on many systems.
No, the easy targets were the main hubs of cityscapes...capitals...open defensive military bases. But mountain outposts hidden within the granite and ice...difficult if not impossible.
It were rare for the Duke to attend such formal affairs like parties and galas. As thus, his missed opportunities to ever have meet the Senator before.

Kyle chuckled...a rarity on his behalf.
But he, conspire against his queen? "Hahahaha..."
Those were words of jest and not one by his own making. No, he were sworn to the bloodline of the Royal House of Organa while he breathed and could bleed here on Alderaan. It were impossible for House DeVoe to conspire against the Royal House of Organa. Had not his lineage supported House Organa as far back before House Thul took to fall?

"Well, that may not be so far from the truth, your majesty." he took the queen's bait. After all, she had cast the hook.

"Only that I had not the chance of convincing our young prince as to give me the honor of taking a seat by your side. Perhaps if your grace should consider, and by your son's permission of course..." he gave Theo a lighthearted bow.

"... can the non disclosed conspiracy to acquire the honor of such a seat come to fruit?" It were no doubt his means of asking to sit by his queen.

[member="Theo Vereen"] ~ [member="Faith Organa"] ~ [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra was honestly a bit lost as the queen talked with her and her hands twitched behind her back, even though she had been the one to come closer and speak with the woman. Why had her feelings taken such a turn?

Because now she was glancing at two others who came closer and her smile grew even if on the inside she wished hit had returned to just herself and the queen. Or that the trial started.

It was then that [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"] made mention of a title that Alexandra by no right held and her eyes blinked as he spoke to her as if she were a senator. Her voice reached out from its hidden place, speaking to try and correct this understanding of her place in the Republic's government, even as they moved on to talk about whatever had been spoken in hushed tones. Thankfully, she was only correcting one of the two as [member="Theo Vereen"] made no mention of what the Duke had touched on.

"Thank you for the words, but I must diappoint you. I am no Senator or anything of the likes, just a citizen of the republic, sitting in on a trial that has had a long time coming." She turned her eyes to the podium, seeing guards moving into the room and the judges starting to take their positions. She wondered how many corellians had come, or those of the Old Republic who would have fond memories of this man's crime. While most recently Corellia had come under the harm of this man, him and his vong had long caused damage to Alderaan in the past, and many other worlds that had formerly been under the Republic. He was a criminal who deserved whatever came to him.

She turned her eyes back on [member="Faith Organa"], bowing her head a little and smiling as the duke made mention of sitting next to the queen and ready to leave her with that little conversation of theirs. She herself made note and tried to see if any of the other officials from the Republic were in attendance. Those like [member="Noah Corek"] who she had not yet seen and the Corellian woman, [member="Lisza Starseeker"]. She didn't know who else was around, not knowing the name of [member="Reverance"]'s guard, one [member="Tycho Alde"].

No she was busy looking for Republic officials, agents, and simple people who had been harmed by this man's actions.

It would not be long though for those people to throw their voices, ones that needed silenced as the doors opened and the force cage that held Reverance would be brought to a rest, rising up and settling in as the room's air seemed to stop for a second. Alexandra's own hands twisted together and she looked on at the man, seeing him and standing in easy view. She doubted there would be care though, she could already tell by the man's mere expression.

Meeting the monster face to face had...drained her, much more than she thought it would have. He truly felt nothing for what he took part in and she felt cheated. Cheated out of her vengeance and cheated out of a sense of relief knowing that he'd never hurt anyone again. She tried to center herself, alone on near an open window. With her eyes closed she felt like she could fly away with the breeze and race along the hyperlanes. She knew that wasn't a possibility, but the thought was romantic.

With a sigh she moved to join the other witnesses. The trial was starting soon.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Duke Kyle DeVoe

Head of House DeVoe
"I appreciate your sincerity, but must confess it were more wishful thinking on my part, Lady Feanor. The gods know the Republic could do with more conscientious citizens to serve in their senate. " His words seemed to wash over like the gentle lap of water at lake's edge.

It did little to alter the fact that the Republic suffered from having just senators (fair). Alexandra's presence here to bare witness to justice only strengthened his resolve to one day perhaps see her in a senate seat. He were not alone in this.
It would come off as pretentious of him to speak of it further, especially in the presence of his queen whom should have at the very least have had such knowledge of her Duke's political drive in these matters.
It were intentional, his near provocation, his suggestion that Alexdrandra could one day in life renewed, take to consider.
But for now his words were nothing more than interpreted as mere compliments of one Duke seemingly caught floating in the vast sea with pending merging storms brewing about.

His attention were then guided by her own line of sight, being cued to the court chambers that were soon to convene.
He said nothing more to , just simply perked up a smile and looked over to his queen.
"Your majesty...." he offered Queen [member="Faith Organa"] his arm.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"] ~ [member="Theo Vereen"] ~ [member="Faith Organa"]

The Duke was an esteemed member of the High Council and as he would so elegantly put it her guarded the northern border. Winter was always there it never left. "I can much imagine what you two would speak of." She smiled warmly towards them both, she noticed how quickly her son took a step back to give them all room to speak.

Too much like her he was she hoped he in time would be stronger like his father. Time, it all required time.

The Duke wished to be seated near her no doubt to exchange comments about the proceedings. She saw no harm in it. "Alexandra you look concerned, are you?" Faith waited to take the arm of the Duke to walk to their seats. She was curious to what things were crossing the young woman's mind.

There were others filing in perhaps it was the tension of soon it would start. She then thought about [member="Tycho Alde"] , "Theo check on Knight Alde please." For some reason Faith wondered about the young man's safety. She had no cause or reason just a sensation that had suddenly slipped into her mind.

Slowly she reached for the [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"] 's arm, but she was waiting for [member="Alexandra Feanor"] to speak.

[member="Lisza Starseeker"] |

Barr started to lighten up upon taking to Fenstermacher and let loose a bit. “Well, that reassuring…” He said in response to the man subject on his weapons. “Good to know the troops can put full trust into their guns with the work and effort that you and your company put into these weapons.” He added.

When he was asked about the military outpost, Barr answered with the following. “Well.. it heavy guarded but I think we’ll okay.” He said, “As long as everyone does their job of course.” He said looking over at the outpost. “I just hope we don’t lose any soldiers today but…their always
consequences to using weapons like the ones me and the army are using.”

Harley Fenstermacher

He gave Barr a small nod, complimented with a smile, "quality testing is always a priority for me, the best way to see if your wares works is to but them out in the actual field, no simulations or test, make them go up against an actual enemy". Even if in this case it was a remnant garrison troop with limited numbers and supplies.

Harley turned back around the face the outpost in the distance, already the sounds of blaster fire and slug throwers resonating and echoing through valley. "War is war, people die, casualties are always expected, that is the whole point, and I expect these imps will fight tooth and nail". "They are backed into a corner, no way out and not willing to surrender, honorable one would say but in the end fruitless, still, they are a danger even with their siege like state". "In all honesty I am expecting a reasonable amount of casualties on both sides, more for them but I have a feeling out own forces will lose a few people today". Just one of the realistic aspects or war.

“True…True…” Barr agreed on the subject of testing out weapons with Fenstermacher “Hopefully the weapons you and your company makes aren’t being used by people who have malice thoughts on innocent people.” He then added, “Not saying that you or your company is actually doing that of course. It’s just that the last thing we need if some nutjob losing his mind with a weapon.”

Barr soon listened to the speech about war and admittedly agreed with him despite the harsh truth. He didn’t like hearing it but knew that he needed to and wanted that way.Geez where have I heard that before?” He muttered silently, think back to his father’s lectures “Getting into that outpost is going to be a-you-know what and I’m not looking forward to it. None of the other troops are.”

Beth always had loved Alderaan. Even when she was a kid, she dreamed of visiting the planet. Beautiful, temperate, and a thriving fashion industry that set trends all across the galaxy. Despite her Mandalorian heritage and like of armor, she loved dress shopping. But that wasn't why she came to Alderaan. She came for the trial of [member="Reverance"], and in pseudo support of her father, [member="Kaine Australis"].

She hadn't seen him much, not anymore. In some ways she wondered if this was one of the reasons. A brutal attack, not only to someone close to Beth but for many others. Lots of people died... She took a breath as she stared at the courthouse. Thankfully, she easily gained the ID card she needed to attend the trial although she was concerned she was going to be late to the beginning of the trial. [member="Alexandra Feanor"] ensured she would be able to attend, her mother's girlfriend. In many ways, she was becoming a part of Beth's family.

Caramel blonde hair was brushed, straight. She wore a black dress with a cream-white lace over her shoulders. Beth took a breath as she entered the courthouse, and into the hall where the trial would formally take place. She noticed several other people who had gathered – Alexandra, [member="Faith Organa"], [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"], [member="Theo Vereen"], [member="Lisza Starseeker"]. Although, to be fair, she only knew Alexandra. She gave a small smile and a nod to the woman.

Beth wasn’t sure what part of the trial Alexandra would be in or who the others were and so she chose to sit down. She crossed her legs as she waited for the trial to start – lost in her thoughts.

It was time. She watched as the man with a Force Cage enter with a man inside it. She took a deep breath and wrangled her hands together. Only time would tell his fate, now.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Noah groaned as he took a look down at the datapd in his hand as he walked through the halls of the Alderaan courthouse. It was a dossier on the accused, well accused might not be the correct term because of the fact that many of the crimes that he was being convicted of were easily provable. Looking at his rapsheet it would be honestly easier to go down the list of crimes he didn't commit rather than the ones he did. Noah had spent his entire career fighting against and sometimes fighting with some of the worst criminals and scum the galaxy had to offer, but this man? He was something extremely different.

Noah was dressed exactly how you'd expect a soldier of the New Republic Army would be, a member of the elite Army Commandos to be exact. A pair of fatigues in the standard New Republic Army camouflage pattern and a pair of tan combat boots. The trademark Commando beret was currently perched properly on his head and his sidearm was secured in its holster on his hip. Most of the people who Noah had seen in the courtroom were unarmed but Noah was a naturally paranoid person and therefore didn't go anywhere unarmed.

Noah's path finally made it into the main courtroom and his eyes began to scan for the one person he always felt he could be around, [member="Alexandra Feanor"]. After a couple minutes of carefully searching the gathered people his eyes finally locked on that head of red hair he knew to be his wife. To say he was surprised about the people who were currently surrounding his darling wife would be a understatement. While as a general in the New Republic he often rubbed elbows with those in high society he usually didn't do so with the likes of someone as influential as Queen [member="Faith Organa"] of Alderaan or [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"]. He of course also recognized [member="Beth Cadera"] from his time on Mandalore.

"Would you believe me if I told you that that is almost always her default face, your highness?" Noah asked with with more than a bit of snark.

Harley Fenstermacher

Harley cocked his eyebrow slightly, "I cannot comment on that particular subject, all I can say is that I can't affirm or deny what my products are used for and who buys them, my company services the open market and all actions committed by clients with the use of HCLI good are not our responsibility". "Have any other question please forward them to our H%D department and they will get around to helping you as soon as possible". A common problem he always seemed to run into when conversing with other members of the republic.

With the short disclaimer out of the way he turned back attention to the outpost, "best have it over and done with, I'd join you but to be honest I am not the most competent fighter, I'm good with a sword and side arm but that is it, also I lack armor at the moment". Mainly since his company didn't produce small arms and combat gear, just vehicles, both on ground and in the air. "But I will be here if you need an evac, that I can help with, kind of, possibly, hopefully you wont be in need of it personally".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom