Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trespassing? Nah, That's What Keys Are For (Sarge)

To his credit, he didn't miss a beat. It was something he'd thought about more often than not when things got bleak in his life and his self-opinion got dangerously low. He second guessed a lot of things he'd done in his life, and none more so than when he felt he'd done a friend wrong. "Because, Coryth." He begins in a whisper, taking a deep breath before he could actively admit to it.

"I had to deal with my own problems before I could ever help you with yours. I trusted that you were in good hands, but I wanted you to know that I was there. Watching. Just in case."

He really was a creeper.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Coryth blinked, a nod followed and for a long ... long moment she said nothing. How could she?

"I guess ... I .." She stopped biting at her lip, uncertain of what to stay. The redhead, wanted so much to be angry in that moment, upset or hurt. But it was disappointment that rose to the surface. "I mean ... I ... I can understand ... But I needed you then. I guess, I guess it doesn't matter. It's in the past, and can't be undone." This wasn't forgiving, it was justification and an attempt to move past it. The question would remain: Would she move past it? Only time would tell. "I'm just .... disappointed, that you couldn't be there. A little hurt too... but not angry. I can't be. Not when I know, you had your own things to deal with too."

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

There came a slow nod of his head. "I was ashamed of myself. It seemed no matter what I did I was just... making the wrong decisions." He shook his head again, releasing her to bring a hand up to rub at the back of his head. She was one of the few people who could get him to feel human. Like he wasn't the homicidal hypermurder expert most saw him to be. "You have the right to be angry if you want.

I abandoned a lot of people; at least compared to how involved I used to be. It wasn't a great time to call me friend. I sometimes wonder if it still isn't."

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

"No, Sarge. I can't be angry. Angry, wouldn't cover what I feel. It does not fit, nor is it right. It's just, not what I feel. This ... is something worse than angry." A heavy sigh came as she brushed off the last of her tears. "I ..." She stopped biting her lip again. "I've never been disappointed by someone before. Never told anyone that I was disappointed in them. But that is what I am, disappointed." She shook her head slowly. A part of her wanted to comfort him, to make it better, but nothing really could.

"If I didn't at least still care, I wouldn't be here. And ... why I felt the need to come here, I'm not sure. Maybe a need to reconnect. To make sure you are still alright, maybe that is why I came here instead of a hotel. Cause even if I didn't see you, and things were still the same here... I'd at least have known you were alright." A shrug followed as she took a seat on the couch once more, and found herself looking up at him... Unsure of where they stood exactly, of how he would take her words.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

"I'm as alright as I've ever been, Coryth. Just a bit more lonely and with a few less friends." He didn't sound disappointed by that, or like he was trying to make her feel sorry for him. He wasn't. It was a fact; he simply stated it as such. "I'm glad you stopped by though. It's always a pleasure to see you. Missed that little shock of red hair."

Coryth nodded slowly. "I had to be sure." Said softly as her eyes fell to the floor. "Missed you too, truth be told."

There was still something else.

"Tatooine? Why were there?" That was another question she wanted answered. "Surely you did not come without purpose there."

"I was told I would find someone there who needed a hand. Whether that was you, him, or both... well, that remains to be seen." His black eyes searched her face for several long moments before he gave what amounted to a sad smile. "I go everywhere with purpose, though, Coryth. I think we both know that by now."

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Another nod came, "I see. Had a vision of him myself.... His desire for something better, and my place in helping him. However ... he chose another path. I cannot see him any longer." Which for her could mean a million things, whether he was dead ... Or just lost to her farsight ... Was entirely unknown to her.

A shrug followed, "It was not me that needed a hand. Not that time." At least that was how she felt, certainly not wanting a helping hand when she knew some things she could handle just fine on her own.

"We all need a hand sooner or later. Maybe not just then, but perhaps now. Perhaps in a few weeks time. A reminder to me to keep friends nearby. I don't know. I tend to dig into things quite a good deal." He moved to grab himself his glass of tea again, subconciously running a hand over the massed scar tissue on his chest. Coryth had just as much scarring as him, if not more.

He didn't know why he was feeling self conscious about it.

Propping his forearms on the countertop again, looking at the tiny, robust woman before him... he gave a faint sigh and let his gaze fall towards the ground. "So you're going to Kaeshana to start up a labor of love, then." He says quietly, giving a nod of his head. "Won't be too far from Fondor at least. When are you expected to be there?"

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

She gave a shrug in reply. "Maybe." And left it at that.

"Yup, will be good for me I think. I need the responsibility, in truth of a company of working like that." Good for her would be an understatement. She needed that purpose in her life.

"Well, my stuff should all be there in a couple days. Suppose I'll need to get back soon and start to settle there. Kinda been liking a little spartan like in the company apartment I have there, waiting on the ship and the movers. That's why I was here, to handle all that. I mean, I should have traveled back on the same ship, but .... I felt like I needed one more night here. On Corellia." In truth she was going to miss the planet a lot. It had been her first real home after all. "I'm not technically needed until a meeting with Tegaea and Siobhan that I have set for next week. Until then... yeah."

"Both touching and amusing that you needed one more night... so you stayed at my place. Not sure what to make of that, really." He shook his head. "Maybe you just needed to feel like you were moving on from me." That didn't bother him a whole ton. Life was a highway, and the people you were traveling with could get off at any exit along the way. Sometimes they got back on, sometimes they stayed, but more often than not... your path diverged.

Perhaps that's what she was doing just then, reminding herself it was time to diverge.

Or maybe he was digging a little too deep.

Either way, he seemed proud to know she was finding her own way, doing her own thing. Warmed his heart a little bit; she had translated well back into society.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Coryth shrugged, "My life, all of it was here. And now ..." A shake of her head, in a way she felt like she was losing something here. "Now, it's somewhere else. Life is moving on, I suppose I'm just catching up."

"Been alone for a really long time. There have been friends along the way, but for the most part my life is lonely." She managed a smile, "And now, it's starting to not be. It's starting to become something more. Something better. I like where it's going. A company, a life, and finally staying in one place actually sounds incredibly nice." A sigh came, "I know I won't always be in one place. But settling down, into a more normal life after all I've been through..... It sounds like a dream." A shrug followed, "And as odd as this may sound, I was good at dreaming it, I'm not so sure I'll be good at living it."

"I've been searching for the life I've dreamed of for... centuries, it seems. And listening to you now it reminds me that perhaps I have it. I just need to notice it." A hand rose to rub at his jawline, eyes glazing over faintly as it continued to stay cast downward. "A job. A life. Friends." He didn't want to say 'and a woman I love' because, frankly, he didn't know where that stood just yet.

But the hope was there.

That was something he'd forgotten about, really. Hope.

It put a smile on his face.

"Force be with you, Coryth. May it guide you to the life you've always dreamed of. I've no doubt you'll be able to live it as well as you dreamed it."

Her gaze wandered to him, the faintest hints of a smile showing. "You do have it." Trying to be at least a little encouraging. There was something in his words, the way he spoke that made her wonder for a moment.

With a heavy sigh she rose to her feet, "I just hope, that love someday will have a place in your dream too. In your life." Another sigh, "Because whether or not you believe it, you do deserve love in your life. For all the hell you have been through, you do deserve it. I know it in my heart that you do. I hope that you believe that too." A shrug followed, as she started towards the door. Sensing that perhaps now, was the time to leave.

"Goodbye Sarge, may the force see that our paths cross again." With that she started towards the door, intent on grabbing the small bag she had left near there and be on her way.

"Perhaps, Coryth. I've had plenty of love in my life... but rarely has it been two way and long lived." He frowned faintly, drifting his gaze up to Coryth for several long moments. He could feel something slipping away; something at his fingertips but passing through them like fresh water. It made him nervous. Confused. He couldn't quite place it. Perhaps it was just Coryth leaving, just then.

A choice between telling her to stay and letting her leave.

But... his brow furrowed.

"I'm sure they will, Coryth." He says quietly, sounding as distracted as he was. Yes, perhaps it was a good time for her to go.

I wonder what might have been... With a shake of her head she pushed the thought from her mind. Then words entered her mind, Always tell those who you love, that you do. Tomorrow may be too late. "I loved you. Love you still... Always will be a place in my heart for you. But I'm not sure that you ever loved me." She shook her head slowly, "You were always somewhere else. And I knew, your heart was with her. So maybe I'm just the fool here." With tears in her eyes, she picked up her bag opened the door and closed it behind her as she started on her way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom