Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Tra'verd-class Line Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
mandalmotors_lictor_class_dungeon_ship_by_shoguneagle_df7pw4k-fullview.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a line cruiser for House Solus.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Line Cruiser
  • Length: 1,000 m
  • Width: 110 m
  • Height: 200 m
  • Armament: High (30x Triple PC-2 "Blackout" Particle Cannon turrets, 20x Twin turbolaser turrets, 14x Ion cannon turrets, 28x Coil flak guns, 20x Point defense laser turrets)
  • Defenses: High (Reinforced duraplast armor, Heavy shields, Ionic shields)
  • Hangar Space: Average: 5
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 4 squadrons
    • Support Craft: 1 squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive: 1.0
STANDARD FEATURES
  • 30x Triple PC-2 "Blackout" Particle Cannon turrets
  • 20x Twin turbolaser turrets
  • 14x Ion cannon turrets
  • 28x Coil flak guns
  • 20x Point defense laser turrets
  • Reinforced duraplast armor
  • Heavy shields
  • Ionic shields
  • 4x Ion-jet engines
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Central A.I.
  • High-Power Scanning System: While not as precise as something like the scanners equipt to the Sur'haai-class Scout Frigate, the Tra'verd-class's lower boom houses a powerful scanning system that allows the cruiser to have large range of data on what's going on in the system. While powerful and wide reaching, this range is about the only advantage the system has, and ships with jammers can slip through without the help of more dedicated scout craft.
STRENGTHS
  • Well protected.
  • Heavy armament.
  • Central A.I. allows for lower crew requirements.
  • High-power scanners give longer scanning range.
WEAKNESSES
  • Engine's are fairly exposed.
  • Central A.I. are independent, and could disobey orders.
  • Hanger openings are somewhat small, and can slow deployment.
  • While having long range, scanners can still be tricked like any other.
DESCRIPTION
The Tra'verd-class line cruiser is a class of warships designed for House Solus meant to operate as ships-of-the-line and lead cruisers in the clans under House Solus. Being well protected by duraplast armor and well rounded shielding, the cruisers are able to take a pounding when they need too, though thanks to the high-power scanner mounted under the hull it can often spot dangers before they come into gunnery range. One the side of gunnery, the main armament is a large collection of PC-2 "Blackout" particle cannons mounted in thirty triple turrets along with twin turbolaser turrets, ion cannon turrets, point defense batteries, and coilguns for firing flak rounds. Supplementing these weapons are four squadrons of fighters, and one squadron of support craft. The vessel also include as CST Central A.I. unit.

These impressive cruisers aren't without their faults though. The engines are somewhat exposed, and the smaller opening to the hanger meant to keep the armor plating more structurally sound can make fighter launches slow. The high-powered scanner also has its issues, having range, but lacking the advantage of some high-powered systems that can cut through jammers, and really only being as precise as a normal scanning package. And finally, as usual with the CST's Central A.I., they are independent, and like organic beings can disregard and disobey orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom