Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Traumatized Emotional Teenagers Do Stupid Things. In Space!

Gwyn had known something was there. Both Mini and the Force let her in on that. Still, she had been shocked to see the creature just pop up out of nowhere.

Gwyn stared for a moment, then blinked. Oh yeah, she had something to say. Leaning against the wall, one leg bent with the foot flat against the wall, she smirked.

"'Kid', huh? Call me a kid? You're the same age as me, kid."[/ Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Tags: Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

All at once his attention was pulled back to Gwyn. His red eyes narrowed after a moment. They probably were the same age, now that he actually looked at her. ".. There's a difference. Mandalorians are adults at an age younger than me." Yep, that's what he was going with. If it wasn't for his headache he might of chewed her out more for calling him a kid, but instead he just closed his eyes again and leaned back on the couch.

".. Thanks, for getting me help. But don't call me a kid."

Gwyn blinked at the cute grouchy boy before her. Pushing herself off the wall, she sighed, "I'll stop calling you kid if you stop calling me kid."

She motioned to herself, very much in a way that swerved smoothly like a wave, showing herself off, "If it had not been for the Jedi and Sith invading my world, I would have my engineering license in my hand. I graduated high school at age eleven. And keep in mind, you would be dead right now if I had not saved you. Twice!"

She placed her hands on her hips, "And we obviously share the same years in numbers. So I think some respect is in order."

A light smirk crossed her face, eyes deepening in the game, "I am not a kid, I am a woman. And might I add," She reached up and flipped her hair back, once again showing off any curves in her movements, "A good looking one at that."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Twice? Eliz blinked and stared blankly. There was the moment he passed out, sure. But when did she save him before? He figured it was best not to bring that question up though. No, she was far more adamant about something else entirely. Outwardly, he looked cold and blank. Expressionless, just as his father drilled into him when he was far younger. Chiss Agent training. Inwardly?

Confusion.

What was happening? This was the ki- woman that cried out for him to save her, right? Same one who's speeder he crashed into? Confusion grew. Which, for the half breed Chiss, resulted in more annoyance. Defiantly he stood up again, arms crossing over his chest as he stared her down. "So what if you're beautiful? Keep in mind you were the one that asked me to save you. So respect? Goes both ways. I gave my thanks for your help, how about you do the same instead of giving me attitude?"

Gwyn glared a bit at the stone cold individual staring her down. She really had nothing much to go off of, except for him calling her beautiful.

Oh yeah. The game was on.

If he was going to be stoic and hard to get, she would simply have to crack that shell. She would get some obvious reactions from him. She knew that despite his emotionless exterior, he was attracted to her. That alone was progress.

It was attention she craved, through any means necessary. She would get that attention.

Gwyn decided to play damsel again. She placed her hands behind her back, forcing a blush over her pale cheeks, "Yeah, yeah, you're right. You saved me first."

She admitted some level of defeat in that regard, and gave him a small bow, "So thank you. Thank you for saving my life and helping me refuel. My hero." The words 'my hero' were not mocking at all, simply admiring. She smirked a bit, biting her lip as she looked away from his eyes, appearing bashful for a moment.

Of course, her surrender still had terms and conditions. She still acted appreciative, but bit back his sass with more sass.

'I suppose that makes us even. As appreciative as I am that a big, strong warrior protected me, I would argue we are on equal footing now."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

"Eh?"

Chiss training be damned. Eliz hadn't ever really interacted with people asides from shooting them. Or with them. Hell, he'd drank with some people before, but that was family. Vod. So a girl like Gwyn thanking him in such a way and genuinely calling him a hero? The cold shell broke for just a moment, his eyes flashing with confusion. Then it was back. The thin line of his lips and unreadable expression.

"Fine. Equal footing." He looked away, mostly because he was certain there was no keeping up the cold facade otherwise, turning his faintly glowing gaze towards the ship itself. It was.. Cozy, at least. Eliz let his expression soften before he sat back down on the couch.

"So.. Where are we? Where are we going?"

Gwyn blinked, victory blaring in her mind over seeing the confusion in his eyes. She smirked. Oh, oh he was cracking now! As he looked away, she walked over to the couch and flopped on, crossing her legs and looking up to him, "Oh. I'm just camped in a clearing. We're about ten minutes walking distance from the nearest town. Decided it was secluded enough to evade potential enemies, but close enough to a settlement for any supplies needed."

Once again, Gwyneira had a tendency to use her head in these sorts of things. She had survived war as a civilian, a refuge. Not due to blaster power, but brain power.

"I was planning on keeping you here until you're healed enough to go continue fighting those monsters. I can't let you go out and fight only half healed in good cautiousness."

Gwyn then frowned. No, he was not paying attention to her anymore! That needed to change. So, she smirked again, "I'm Gwyneira Craft, by the way. Or Gwyn, can't exhaust such a great name. Engineer, pilot, odd job worker..." Her smirk deepened, "Adorable hot chick whom you so graciously saved."

She lifted a finger and pointed at her poor dancing partner, "You're fantastic, by the way. Did I ever mention I love your eyes?"

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

"Right, close to town. That makes sen- oh you're sitting."
Immediately he sat up a bit straighter, clearing his throat. Looking away. The confusion that flooded his mind was only growing. She was, ultimately, annoying. Rude, a cry baby. Full of sass. Why was it so hard to just.. Ignore her? The mask slipped, but it wasn't embarrassment or confusion that filled his gaze this time. A sad sort of smile took over.

Did he really feel this alone normally?

Wait, her name? He blinked, staring at her with an almost startled expression. They hadn't exchanged names yet? Names were of the utmost importance in Chiss culture. How could he be so rude! Eliz cleared his throat, glancing off again before he ended up looking at her for too long. "Jac'Eli'Zirem. Or, just Eliz if Chiss names are too complicated." His eyes? Oh, right. Usually he had his helmet on. They were a dead give away to his people that he was part Chiss. Given everything that was happening to them, he didn't want to insult them further by making it known a half breed had saved them.

"All Chiss eyes glow. It's normal. You haven't been in Chiss space long, have you?"

Gwyn grinned, hungry. Oh yes, she was wearing him down! It was obvious. The stoicness was wearing off, he was more emotive. And she caught the way he had to look away, to avoid gawking too long. She leaned against the couch, the smile never faltering.

She was, of course, curious, "Nope. Never been to Chiss Space, never seen a Chiss. You're the first one. And man," She winked, "If all Chiss are as handsome as you, I should come here more often. Mrow!"

She uncrossed her legs, keeping his name sealed in her memory. "Jac'Eli'Zirem." She annunciated the name slowly, thoughtfully. She was quick enough to say it correctly, despite it being her first time. "Well then, Eliz, I have been told you need to take it easy. No jumping around shooting any Maw. So feel free to anything in my kitchen and living quarters. Just don't enter my personal chambers and touch my stuff."

Then, the idea rang in her mind. She offered the invitation, "Of course, if you like, you can touch m-"

Mini just had to burst in and interrupt her before she could finish. The beeping concerned her, as she turned and asked, "Close enough?"

Mini beeped back to her.

With a frown, she pushed herself off the couch, "As I said, Eliz, feel free to anything in the living space you like. I have blueberry space waffles! I'll be back."

She then turned and followed Mini into the cockpit. She tapped the scanners, realizing that Mini was right.

A Maw scout was nearing the edge of visibility to her ship.

She bit her lip. What was she to do? Should she take this guy out? She was no fighter, how was she supposed to off him before he told his buddies that a helpless freighter was just waiting to be destroyed? She looked down to her one assembled blaster, on the floor. She had to keep this location safe.

She picked up the blaster.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

"Sorry to disappoint, but Chiss don't look like me. I'm only half."
Did she just.. Meow at him? She's hitting on him. That's what it was. That's what was happening. Panic. Just, panic. Eliz was full on trying to hide any emotion on his face. Did he? No. Red tinged his cheeks ever so subtly, but he was able to force that away. Take it easy. How was he supposed to take it easy with her teasing him like this!?

That's what it was. She was teasing him. That thought alone brought a frown to his lips. Right, this didn't mean anything. There was no way she was serio- Wait what. Eliz stared blankly as she seemed to say something way more forward than just teasing. The droid cut it off though, before he could even ask what. Instead he just stared at her as she got up, eyes wide with bewilderment.

Then she was gone. Left alone he just slumped against the couch and buried his face in his hands. What was happening? Aubin nudged him gently. ".. Blueberry spice waffles sound nice." He let out a heavy sigh, looking to his companion with a faint smile. Yeah. Focus on that. Food. Oh god wait he was starving. With the lack of teasing to distract him the empty pit that was his stomach growled in annoyance and desperation. Another side effect of the Kratos Serum. He needed to eat. A lot, and often. Especially if he got hurt.

Even with the now slight headache he wandered towards the kitchen area to start eating. Not just eating though, cooking more food. He was actually a pretty good cook, all things considered. His father taught him a lot on how to kill people and fight to survive, but it wasn't all hard and cold. Some of his fondest memories of his father was them in the kitchen. With a slight smile he started to get to work, chopping up some potatoes and herbs to get some semblance of hashbrowns cooking.

While eating the waffles. Often he had a waffle in his mouth as he tossed the cubed starch in with the herbs and butter. By the end, there was a lot of food. A lot. Most of which he was planning to eat. But.. Well. Good food was the only way he could think to thank Gwyn for her help. Without her teasing him. Or.. His cheeks darkened for a moment as he stared at the sauté pan.

"What the hell.."

Gwyn slipped quietly out the ship. She had passed Eliz cooking, but left him be. She had far more urgent matters right now than flirting.

She ducked into the grasses, following the coordinates in her datapad carefully, quietly. Grasses parted gently as she approached the scout, which was still coming closer and closer to where the ship was visibily landed. Gwyn kept low, thankful that the grasses matched her natural hair color. Still, she was unused to the pale yellow suit she was wearing for further camouflage. In her hand, she gripped her gun tightly.

She had one shot at this.

Ducking behind a solitary boulder in the grasslands, she peered over and watched the maradaur stomp heavily by. She forced herself to stop shaking the best she could, breathing steadily. She turned and subtly raised her slugthrower, taking aim. In the still softness of the grassy fields, she took careful aim.

Blam!

The communications device was disabled with a well placed shot. She smirked at her success as electrical sparks flew - then the maradaur turned sharply towards her.

She gasped, her shaking immediately returning. She knew to take out the communications, had thought several blaster bolts could take care of the rest. She had not seen the creatures in broad daylight though... she had underestimated both the size and strength.

~ ~ ~​

The little girl dashed down the hallway, holding a colorful cube in her hands. She dashed into the kitchen, where a human woman was sipping a bottle of wine.

Jumping up and down, the girl excitedly shouted, "Mommy! Look! I solved the puzzle cube! All by myself! Look!"

She continued to stare in ahead, sipping more wine.

The girl wavored for a moment, then walked up to the seat and held the cube up, perfectly aligned, "See, mommy? See? The Arkanians say only an Arkanian or unnaturally blessed genius could solve this! And I did! I'm smart, mommy!"

Her dim, blue eyes looked to the cube for a moment, lulling and dull, then looked straight ahead again.

"Aren't you proud, mommy?"

She blinked slowly, then looked away, "Er, yeah. That's great, Gwyn. Now go play or something."

She lowered the cube, feeling a deep sadness overcoming her previous excitement.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Eliz let out a satisfied hum as he set down the last plate of food. He'd already devoured all the waffles, and was still plenty hungry. Really, the only reason he hadn't eaten was because he was curious if his.. Host? Is that the term? If she'd like it. With a satisfied smile he stepped away, looking towards where Aubin had laid out. There'd be no input from the beast, unsurprisingly. He'd gotten a waffle, then decided to take a nap.

Lazy thing.

He stepped back to the living room, red eyes scanning around. No one was here. His gaze narrowed for a moment. Where'd the girl run off to? "Oi, Gwyn. I made some food. Come eat before it gets cold?"

Fear.

Fear, an emotion she was too familiar with, gripped her heart. Stomping around the boulder, the maradaur drew a terrible weapon and approached her. Gwyn hissed, taking a step back and firing with her pistol. Stepping back, she continued to shoot, but no amount of bullets seemed able to take this thing down with its armor. Furthermore, her slugthrower hastily ran out of rounds. She clicked the trigger, only for the empty barrel to let her down.

Still, the maradaur approached.

She shook in terror. Her lip trembled as an outstretched hand reached to smite her. Her eyes widened. Hints of pupils reflected in her eyes, in shades of amber. No. No, she was too scared to die. To die out here and be forgotten, known by no one. No. No, she had come too far to die here! Emotions swirling, she felt everything surrounding her grow cold as she thrust her free hand out.

The maradaur was flung back, smashing into the boulder. As rock flew around from the impact, the girl tossed her blaster aside. Still holding the maradaur in place, she extended her second hand. Instinct caused her to tighten it into a fist, choking the air out of the maradaur.

Her heart pounded in her head. Feeling nothing but the raw power in her hands and the chill cutting into her very being, she spent what was either an agonizing forever or rapidly flying second choking the maradaur with the Force. Then, it fell limp, dead.

Gwyneira crashed onto her knees, gasping as her eyes returned to their irisless white. Shivering, hugging herself, she gazed at the body as her hair swirled around her face.

~ ~ ~​

His scorn, spite, and loathing were more than clear in his pupiless eyes. Domineering, towering over her from the steps, he glared with the purest of disgust. His lips curled into a snarl, nose wrinkled, he spat.

"You are no child of mine! You are just some half-breed wretch! An abomination, you never should have been born!"

He turned coldly, the winds rustling his long white hair, as he slunk into his highly prestigious apartment. He left her. Alone...

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

There was nothing. No response. Just.. An empty ship. Why was the ship empty? His eyes closed as he tried to think why she'd just up and leave. .. No, wait. Mini. His gaze shifted to the droid, his annoyance obvious. "Where'd she go?" The droids reply wasn't something he wanted to hear. Without a word further the halfbreed tore out of the ship in a full on run. That dumbass! She should of said something, anything! The Maw wasn't just the average bandits.

His body protested it, but he ran regardless. Barreling through the grass without even a weapon in hand. In hindsight, he should of grabbed something, but he didn't. Then he found her. The girl was on the ground. The Marauder was dead. He let out a sigh of relief at that sight, though he wasn't entirely sure how she killed him. No blaster holes from what he could see.

He stepped over to her, glancing her over. No visible wounds. Why..? .. Oh. He recognized that at least. The panic, fear. Uncertain, he just reached out to touch her shoulder, though he didn't. Instead he cleared his throat.

"C'mon. I made you some food."

Gwyneira sighed, looking over to the Arkanian teacher with a nearly defeated look, exhaustion under her eyes, "But I created a design that is safe, secure, and stylish! I made sure to look over every precaution and I hit all the points! My blueprints scored higher than anyone else's in this class, so why are you instead using Alkan's design?"

The Arkanian judge looked up from his papers, frowning.

Gwyn clenched her fists, "The rules were that the first place, top scoring design would be re-created for real! And I'm the top scorer, so why! I poured everything I had into these blueprints!"

The Arkanian sighed, looking back down to his papers and shuffling them, "It would ruin our reputation to have it publicly known that a half breed did better work than our full blooded Arkanians. We simply did what was best for the school."

She flinched, taking a step back, "I-I am Arkanian!"

"Only half." The judge looked up to her with a bitter glare, "You are lucky we let a half breed into our prestigious school in the first place. This is not up for debate."

She was already bawling by the time she reached the door.

~ ~ ~​

She looked up to Eliz and blinked the chill from her eyes. It took a moment of recovery to stand up, the cold dissipating from her body and melting away. Giving herself a shake, she explained, "A scout. I had to make sure it didn't spot us. I took out the communications device with my blaster, that was my first target; but had to use the Force to finish the job."

She turned and walking past Eliz, towards her ship, "And ooh, what did you cook?"

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

The look of concern he had didn't fade, but as she chose to instead focus on food he figured it was for the best. She saved his life, after he saved hers. But it wasn't like they were anything more than acquaintances at this point. He started to head back towards the ship, rubbing at the back of his neck. "Hashbrowns. I ate all the waffles. .. I'm still pretty hungry. C'mon."

Gwyneira lead him back to the ship. Indeed, hashbrowns were laid out on the table, and they smelled wonderful! Sitting down, she eagerly ate, "Mmm, oh wow! You're an amazing cook!"

She looked up to him, a twinkle in her eyes, "You made an amazing dish! You have such skill with your hands."

She winked at him and continued eating.

~ ~ ~​

She panted, bleeding and bruised. "Fa-father..."

The explosions from more bombs resounded in the background. Bearing a simple cut on his cheek, her father glared coldly at her, "Why do you come to me in such times!"

Gwyn shook, barely holding herself together, "The Sith killed my mother, and the Jedi were powerless to stop it! Please! Help me! You're all I ha-"

"-And what makes you think I care?"

Her eyes widened. Shaking, she looked up to him, "Wha..."

The Arkanian turned away, "I hope you die out here. Stay away from me."

Tears flooded her eyes as he entered a bunker. Then, her memory faded out when the terrifyingly loud scream of a bomb zoned in.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

She.. She was making fun of him again. He'd started to eat, casually munching on the hashbrowns to fill the void that counted as a stomach for him. But she was back to it. Flirting. Obviously and bluntly flirting. Eliz paused mid bite, just staring at her as she winked at him. He cleared his throat as he set down his fork and stood right up, walking around to stand in front of her. Bending down to get eye level.

He went so far as to even set a hand on her chair, as if blocking any retreat.

"I don't like people who try to make fun of me. Whether they saved my life or not."

Gwyn blinked rapidly, looking up at the angry boy who was so close right now. And over her. She blushed a bit, but her eyes also narrowed. The playfulness was gone, if only for a moment. It was as if the message had gotten to her.

She looked down to her food, then looked back up at him, "Oh, I don't mean to make you feel bad. I'm complimenting you. You're a genuinely cute and hot guy, of course I'm going to flirt with you! But I didn't mean to give off the impression of teasing."

She looked back down to the food and started eating, even with Eliz right there, "But you are a great cook."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

"I- what?"
Yeah, he was confused again. Eliz stared blankly at the girl, just watching her eat in that stunned silence. So she was serious? It wasn't making fun of him? Confusion gave way to a far more conflicted expression as he stayed where he was. In truth, he did like the attention. There wasn't a fear of being judged for his mixed heritage like among the Chiss he saved and fought with.

And it's not like fighting the maw was something he enjoyed. He did it from a sense of obligation. To save people who needed saving. It was stressful. Terrifying, often. Facing down death hardened him, but it wasn't what he wanted his life to be filled exclusively by. The complicated thoughts on Gwyn and what she meant with her words faded. Simple was good. Easy.

He set his other hand atop hers as she went for another bite. More stopping her from eating. Then just leaned in to steal a kiss before he realized how dumb of an idea it was. He was tired of fighting. He just wanted to feel something good for a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom