Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Trans Chaos

Do you write, or have you ever written a transgender or gender non-conforming character on Chaos

• Yes

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • No, but I plan to

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • No

Votes: 42 68.9%
  • Other (explain in replies)

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remain steadfast and you are never without hope
He is old, like I know I'm old but he is ancient so he doesn't understand modern social etiquette. Forgive him in his day people communicated in cave drawings and spoke in grunts.

I'm offended by your face.

I knew what it meant you old codger, I just didn't see a point in making a cogent response other than the one that I did. shrugs

When writing, just as Blade Ice stated, sometimes the best way to not only grow as a writer, but also a person is to throw caution to the wind and put yourself in the shoes of someone else. This can make one feel uncomfortable, awkward, or even well out-of their depth trying to understand what someone might feel or go through.

I've done this with several characters of my own. While mone have been exclusively transgender, I have taken steps into the LGBTQIA+ direction with some. My own life experiences limit me in some scope of this but I would rather open that door than let it remain shut and be ignorant of what I can understand or empathize with.

Sasmay is my first character here on the board, and while I didn't initially plan on her even being remotely interested in anyone, rp brought about the character growing affection for another (looking at you Domino Domino and Bella Bella for the party thread) during a thread and some ic personal exploration. And this growth of her character I welcomed because it allowed me to explore different ideas of what affection and caring for someone else could be.

I strive to never in my head assign the characters I write with strict conforming ideas of their preferences unless the muse gives me strong inclinations of preference. 9/10 times I allow the character to develop before my eyes with rp and do little more than take a backseat and watch the idea grow to its own design.

This has allowed me to expand my understanding of others through this type of backseat exploration of my own characters. Things I don't usually think of forming before my eyes and paired with input from others, whether intentional or not, have done wonders for my free rein style of character writing. This has also helped with my understanding of how others not only interact but also form connections be it friendly, hostile, or other.

I am not a great writer by any means, falling somewhere between not bad and look at this sith-poster. But I enjoy seeing characters grow and develop through their struggles and trails through life whether of their own making or put upon them. That being said, I have limited experience in my own life with troubles.

It hasn't been without its own ups and downs, but nothing near the scope of some of the struggles I have heard and seen from the community we are speaking about along with others. And while I can do little more than offer my own support and words for those affected by such things, it warms my little shriveled heart to see a community like this where everyone is cared for and appreciated for who they are as people.

So, I started writing Ilwynog and I wanted them to be non-binary. Not just because part of their story was that they were always in armour and a spy so their identity was a secret but because I thought it would be interesting to see how I could cope in writing a character that used they/them pronouns and the perspectives that I personally would not have.

It has been a challenge, it was a challenge starting female characters when I had only written from the male perspective but now my two most active characters are female, one of them being gay and the other a teenager. Ilwynog quickly became a really interesting character and someone that was unique, I discovered more of them as I wrote the character more.

So now, I have a non-binary, asexual character who I know very well and attempt to write the best that I can.

I don’t care what you write as long as it abides the rules and you are respectful of other writers.

As a <insert label here>, I do want to say, if ever you don’t feel safe where you are OOC in this community - that’s not okay. And whoever you are, whatever your reason for being here - if you’re here to write Star Wars, respect other writers, be kind to others and just genuinely have fun - you are wanted.

Regardless of your identity, if you want to escape, we give you the road. Regardless of identity, if you’re good with smiling and bringing smiles to others - we give you the space.

Chaos supports LGBTQ+. You’re safe here, and you’re wanted here. Anyone saying differently is in the ever shrinking minority, and will continue to find the walls closing in.

May the Force be with you :)

Taega Vrav'lan

T
Even though I haven't used them as much as I liked to, my former non binary senator who's represented Balosar is the most fun I've had writing. I want to take them to new heights after I decided to pull them out of the Alliance Senate. I love this character so much with the amount of effort I put into their posts and now that I'm more active on chaos I'm gonna flesh some lore out to get them involved in more forums so fingers crossed!

What? They are.

Axl Rose is Mickey Mouse when he sings now, yet he just had the biggest tour as far as income from it ever. It's hilarious. So is introducing a rock as a character, it's like an April fools joke. I suppose it's a bit sad if you truly think Disney's Star Wars is canon, but if you ignore it as I do, it's pretty freakin' hilarious xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom