Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training From a Blademaster

Xavzen sat in a cantina, in some city on Naboo (he had forgotten), staring morosely into his drink. He had been so excited just a few hour ago, he had managed to finish creating his Lightsaber but now was unable to do anything with them. His current teacher was a Holocron and while Master Ketu could certainly tell him positions it would do him no good to fall into a bad habit now.

A sudden surge of anger flew through him, causing his to stand up suddenly and throw his drink somewhere to the right before storming out of the building. Coming to a stop a few feet outside the cantina, Xavzen breathed in deeply, held that breathe, before breathing out slowly, releasing his anger in the process.

Running his hands through his hair in frustration, Xavzen continued on but at a much more slower pace, muttering to himself,

"Stupid impatience, it's goin' to get me killed one day, I'm sure. Oh, lets go build a lightsaber. Oh, lets go torture myself for a month to create the crystals. Oh, lets finish these lightsabers before I can find someone to teach me, making them currently obsolete. Bahh!" With a growl Xavzen set off in search for some place else to try and drown himself in alcohol in the attempts to forget the colossus mistake, to him- a perfectionist, he had made. Ignoring the fact that he had left the past three (now four) cantinas the same way.

[member="Krest"]

[member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"] would find himself bumping into a man in an odd outfit before long. Krest had been wandering about Naboo, a planet he actually enjoyed, searching for something to do. Constantly he was bored, and going to bars often helped entertain him, especially when he could sit and watch the other patrons.

However, it was another Zabrak that will have caught his attention. Stumbling back, he'd steady himself with an unseen arua, blinking a bit. "Ah, my apologies! I didn't see you there." Running his hand through his hair, he'd let out a sigh now. So here was what seemed to be a Jedi. There was a saber, a presence. But there was anger as well.

Quickly Krest would try to move past him. Not because he needed someplace to go, but because he'd rather study the boy from a far a bit longer. At least make sure that he wasn't going to be stepping on anyone's toes by talking to him. Last thing he wanted was some sort of Jedi master angry at him.

Xavzen stared after the man as he left. There had been some tremor in the Force when he had bumped into him and if Xavzen was sober he would have focused more on that but in is slightly drunken stupor, he turned and stumbled away instead. Usually Xavzen would of used the Force to flush the alcohol from his system but at that moment he wanted to feel the slight buzz.

Turning away from the city and towards the trees in the distance, Xavzen set out in a chaotic walk. All the while he continued to berate himself fro his lack of foresight, something that he tried not to let happen to him, not after what happened last time in the slave pens on Nar Shaddaa when... Xavzen shook his head, trying to physically dislodge the painful memories. This was why he tried not to get too drunk.

Finally reaching the tree line, Xavzen's pace started to slow, although not by much as his speed was already slow and a far cry from his usual long strides. Reaching a clearing, Xavzen reached into the pouch secured to his belt and pulled an Holocron. Placing it on the ground, he stepped back a few paces before activating. Immediately the familiar form of the long-since dead Je'daii human Master Ketu flickered into view.

Taking a quick scan of his student the master began to speak, "You are unfit for any of today's training, Disciple. I will only be advising you to go through the forms of Alchaka, they will help you regain control of yourself." Bowing to the translucent human the zabrak replied with a tight, although minutely slurred, voice "Yes Master."

Just as he was about to deactivate the Holocron his Master spoke again, "Do not be so hard on yourself. It was a mistake, that was not a mistake at all really. You may not have anyone to teach you how to use those blades in an official style due to me being memories but that does not mean the endeavour to create them was wasted, if anything it means you created them when you were wondering around the galaxy, not when there was something important on going. This also offers you the chance to broaden your horizon by finding someone to teach you, you can't isolate yourself for ever, Desciple."

With a slight sigh Xavzen replied with a quick "Thank you Master" before deactivating the Holocron before Keru could continue. With a heavier sigh Xavzen started to work through the motions of Alchaka, clumsily at first but growing more graceful as time went on as he used the Force ability Detoxify to help clear his body of alcohol. Still not being able to release his frustration despite his Master's advice.

[member="Krest"]

[member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"]

And the other Zabral was there, sticking behind. He had dimmed his aura, using Art of the Small to shrink it beyond normal sensing. Sure, his presence was there, but people would have to be searching to find it. Or be really sensitive. He only did this in a hopes that if there was a master, he wouldn't be noticed, he would be able to leave without cause.

That was before he saw the holocron. Looking on, krest would watch the boy call the long dead man master, and bow to him. Was that all it was? His master was a limited holocron? Very interesting indeed. It was at this point his aura would spring to, and his red form would step into view.

"So.. Need some saber trainin eh?"

Xavzen whirled around, scooping up the Holocron as he went and depositing it in his pouch, as a strong presence suddenly appeared in his senses, accompanying the voice that had just addressed him. Gathering the Force around him he allowed Ashla and Bogan to mix, causing sparks to jump off of his left hand and a slightly blue glow to form around his right.

Now fully facing the red Zabrak across the clearing Xavzen tried to quickly analyse him, he was wearing what looked like a silk and leather tunic, and leather greeves. At his side was a sword and his sandy hair was hidden under two sashes, a purple one and an orange. But he couldn't get a read on him regardless.

"Who are you?" Xavzen demanded, trying hard to hide the slight terror he felt at the Zabrak's immense presence and his obvious skill if he could his such a thing. Despite this though Xavzen stood ready to attack, you learnt to never relax your guard as a slave after all, he mentally reminded himself with a sardonic inner voice.

[member="Krest"]

[member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"]

Red hands are held up as he moved closer, a small smile on his face. "The names Krest, you?" He didn't need to look to see the usage of the force. Already he began to build up his own, more than ready for an attack should it come. But now he was able to study his skill, his blue eyes gazing over his form. The holocron seemed to be basic, yet old. That was possibly the most interesting fact of it all. And the boy used both dark and light.

Je'daii?

Grudgingly Xavzen released the build up of Force from around, from the feel of it it didn't matter what he did, he would be beaten. However this didn't mean he lowered his guard on bit. Instead his right hand went closer to left side of chest where his blaster pistol was holstered, the action disguised by his crossing his arms.

"The names Xavzen, Xavzen Sae'ryx, friend" He eventually responded, after finally flushing the rest of the alcohol from his system. "Why're ya here, friend?" Inquired Xavzen after no response was given to his introduction.

[member="Krest"]

"The name is Krest actually. And I do love to wander. I assume you do as well, within your drunken stupor yes? Tell me, what is it you are doing?" There was more to the question then just what he was doing at that moment. What was he doing with his life? Why was he wasting it for a drink? Because of a holocron? Truthfully it didn't make much sense. Krest's right hand went down to grip the hilt of his blade, his gaze ever watchful of [member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"] .

He didn't trust someone who was drunk, even if they may not be at this point.

"That... is a good question, friend." Xavzen responded, "And a loaded to, am I right? What am I doing ... now? What am I doing ... with my life? Now, I'm trying to get rid of some self-anger, with my life? Tell me if you find the answer to that, friend." While he was speaking his hand reached closer to his blaster. "But, at this time, I'm wondering the galaxy, trying to find out the purpose you are inquiring 'bout, friend."

After looking closer at the Zabrak across from him, Xavzen sighed, clasped his hands behind his back and replied in a defeated voice. "Your not going to give up are you? No matter how much I try to lead the conversation in circles, nor how much I try to annoy you? And I have enough survival instincts to know I couldn't win if we fought, [member="Krest"]." With a stronger and longer sigh Xavzen continued in a stronger voice, "The only advantage I have over you is knowledge you want, but you have knowledge that I want. Let me introduce myself again, the name's Xavzen Sae'ryx, former slave to the late Tenma the Hutt, wonderer and Je'daii Journeyer, trying to learn from a relic from a time long past like a fool. Now, what do you want?"

[member="Krest"]

"To teach you, probably." The red Zabrak offered a shrug to [member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"] , really unsure what to say otherwise. But he did learn something important. He was a slave. Of a dead master. Another question arose then, one that was much more important then the rest. "Did you kill the hutt?" With those words, the grip on the hilt of his sword would tighten, slowly pulling the blade free. It's sheath was on the same side as his hand, so for now it would be in a reverse grip. He did not care if the boy killed his slaver though, this was just in case the boy would go hostile upon hearing the question. He really didn't know.

Xavzen's right hand snapped forwards to draw the blaster holstered on his left while his left hand came to rest on the lightsaber hilt strapped to his belt, beneath the blaster, when [member="Krest"] started to draw his blade. Both weapons though were pointed downwards and away from the red Zabrak, Xavzen had drawn them just in case, not to attack, he wasn't suicidal enough to attack [member="Krest"] but he wouldn't go down without a fight if attacked.

Tilting his head, Xavzen slowly replied "Yes, I did. Lost control of myself when I saw the last of family and friends be executed in front of me, all so that that kriffing, Sithspit Hutt could teach a lesson. Brought the roof down on it. Heard its wonderful death as I ran." The last part was spoken with a cruel smirk and a cold, harsh tone. Xavzen shook his head while coughing in an embarrassed manner. "Sorry 'bout that mate, those memories bring out the worst in me."

[member="Krest"]

"Nothing wrong with that, honestly. Everyone has darkness, and not everyone is strong enough to resist aye?" No blaster fire, that was a good thing. He'd sheath the blade, nodding once. "So, what do you know in the Force anyway?" More curiosity. Krest had already decided he would train [member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"] , but it was a matter of what he could teach him. No reason for him to go over the same subject twice.

"I might not be strong enough yet but I will be soon, as the Jedaii Code say, "There is no fear, only power", aye" The last word was said with a slightly mocking tone, he didn't like people mocking him nor insulting him, even if it was without them realising it. "As for what I can do, I'm strong in telekinesis, and Force Immersion, that's a combination of Force Sense, Sight and Listen. I've recently started to learn Alchaka and Force Lightning. And I've always been subconsciously able to use Mechu-Deru to a very minor level. Master Ketu plans on teaching me more things later but he says he will make sure I'm above average in something, if possible, before teaching me something new. Why?"

[member="Krest"]

"Cause I'll be a far better teacher then your dead Je'daii friend. Trust me on that." Cocky answer is a go, but there was a reason behind it. The Je'daii died for a reason, one that [member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"] should learn before trying to follow their path. Light and Dark was a path he use to walk, until it cost him his life. And here was another trying the path in a way he had done prior.

"Well that would be obvious, you're alive for a start. And two, despite the fact that Master's disciples over the years have updated his information logs, he's still be hind the times a bit. And if that was an offer of training, well I accept." Xavzen then holstered his weapons, "When do we start, Master?" He asked with a cheeky smirk, bowing in an over the top manner.

[member="Krest"]

"Now would be a good time, actually." With that Krest would slide his feet apart, left foot forward, nodding once to [member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"] . Both of the Zabrak's hands would come up defensively, his fingers curled into a fist as he watched the younger Zabrak. "Attack me, try to harm me. It will show me enough to know what I can actually teach you aye?" This was how he always tested his apprentices. Old habits die hard.

Xavzen stared at [member="Krest"] for a few seconds after declaration before letting himself be immersed in the Force. Immediately Xavzen could see, feel and hear every living being and non-living object. Wrapping small tendrils of the Force around many of the rocks dotted around the outside of the clearing Xavzen lowered himself into a crouch.

Xavzen used those tendrils to fling the rocks at high speed towards the red Zabzrak before jumping towards him, drawing one lightsaber and activating it as he moved, swinging the yellow blade at his head.

[member="Krest"]

Krest's eyes darted back to the rocks, and he would turn on his right foot. Bringing his right hand around, a blast of the Force would emit outwards, blasting the rocks away. This turn would however, leave his back exposed. Well, mostly. His left hand would move to counter this exposure, and as [member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"] jumped to him, a second, stronger blast would fly out to him, intent on knocking him back. The red man would turn on his right foot again, using the second blast to propel himself backwards and away from the younger Zabrak.

"Very good, not many use misdirection at your level."

Back flipping to control his landing (Thank the Creator for Alchaka, he thought) Xavzen landed in a crouched position with only his right hand off the ground holding the lightsaber in a reverse grip. Xavzen ran towards [member="Krest"] as a sent out a wave of the Force ahead of himself with the intention of unbalancing his opponent. At the same time he used as small amount of Force to bring a rock that was behind the red Zabrak towards himself and, ultimately, his opponent that was between him and the rock.

[member="Krest"]

The red Zabrak would stumble back a step or two from the wave, clearly unbalanced by the skill. Yet he still had his bearing. [member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"] was coming at him from the front, and there was a rock coming at him at the back. With a quick thought, he would slide to the side right as soon as the Je'daii would get close, to allow him to run into his own rock. Moving farther to the left, he would pull out his sword, twirling it in his hand as he would watch to see what had happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom