Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Trading in Danger

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She looked at him and wasn't in a hurry... there was always time. "Yondir is correct you do not have to make it alone or right away. Think on it a jedi would meditate and try to see all angles to the situation. This choice is big but it is not the only one that you will have to make.. it is not the only one that you will see in your lifetime if you came with us, nor the last you would see being here in your village with your family." She sat back down with the food while she took some of the bread and soaked it in the soup around herself offering a smile and ate it. "Hmmm delicious... at least I can tell you this.. compared to the older orders. The Grandmaster has worked hard to improve not just the quality but the taste of the food we have for ourselves in the temple. No bland pastes in every color anymore."

A moment of silence ensued after Master Ike had spoken. Just so, composed, if with authority.
Yondir, the Jedi Knight between the two, would not deny it. Neither would any of these others.
Ikki was small in stature, serene in nature, soft of tongue, but there was a power in her nature.
Yondir had witnessed it firsthand, with her lightwires, her cry in the Force. Petite, but not weak.

Yondir had attempted to offer this young boy, this potential prospect, a choice, like his parents.
Ikki had responded in kind, the two Jedi working in tandem, as servants of the light side no less.
It wasn’t trite; it was a reminder that the Knight needed now more than ever. Hmmm…delicious…
Ikki beckoned. Spoke of older orders. Mentioned the quality of food at the temple of Jedi service.

And then Yondir looked at the boy.
And the boy looked at his mother.
And she looked at the boy’s father.
Who looked like there is no choice.

And the floor of the hall erupted into laughter.
“Good food sounds great after this adventure!”
Father gestured toward the Jedi. “I thank you.”
Mother nodded. “Yet we don’t want to lose—”

Whatever was said next, Yondir was...lost...
In a moment, swept away into his thought.
A spoon, bending, lifting, bringing up stew.
Not lose. Gain. The boy must finally choose..

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She smiled and ate some more taking it in. "Take your time, sleep on it. The choice is there until we leave and should not be csomething you feel forced to make otherwise what is the point of a choice." She said it... so much was here now yes but making critical and important decisions late at night and on the fly was not the best way to do it. She finished up and bowed her head walking over to him as she placed her hands on his shoulders. "Just relax and sleep, spend time with your family. Your mother seems like she needs it just as much. We will be here in the morning.. or it is late... still be here when the sun comes up." Just in case it was already past midnight for them. She was certain of a few things at least... the kid had talent and could be a boon to the order as she turned to look at Yondir and offering a smile. "Do you know where you are going to sleep tonight?"

A boy. A man. Suddenly Yondir was transported to a time years ago when he was not a Jedi.
That child in this hall had to make his own decision, but it was not one that would be rushed.
He would finally have to choose, decide for himself, not relying on the wisdom of his parents.
Yondir would defer to Ikki, knowing her strength, his own tested—yet she had proven wisdom.

If that Jedi Master had said go then the Jedi Knight might have done no less so in his position.
After all, who was Yondir Fenn? Just a victim of a predator, a witch, who had nearly taken him in.
Ikki… The Sephi dipped his spoon into his stew yet again, as if playing with food, thoughts distant.
He had kissed this woman, against his better judgment, his passion attempting more—if forbidden.

You are not yourself... Yondir might tell himself, or Mother of flesh and blood, or the Lady of the Lake.
Ikki Ike did not know of his world, his moon, his Rhunor, and few did. It was a presence beyond Force.
Quiet, Jedi. A question came his way. Yondir looked up. Ikki was at his side. Where will he sleep tonight?
“Somewhere I do not have to think,” he admitted, trying to smile, grin, unbidden. “Anywhere permitted.”

He would sleep where he sat, on stool or chair or bench, by the cookfire, by any dying firelight.
The Ranger of Rhunor would slumber anywhere that was directed him as bidden, even outside.
A guardian, as a Jedi or otherwise, he would not permit any threat into this building, no chance.
“Maybe it is best that I do not rest,” Yondir offered his partner. “I will stay awake and I will stand.”

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

"That is one option." She said it looking at him and gave some sympathy. "Sleep Yondir, I promise in the morning you will have just as many racing thoughts in your head as you do now... maybe even more.. likely more. I doubt your dreams are of sunny beaches and glittering seas. Maybe temple chambers full of scrolls and overthinking it all." She said it with a level of affection, no goading or malice... no discontent but there was aa smile on her face. She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Plus if you don't sleep, you can't be ready for tomorrow... the body needs just as much rest as it does fuel and exercise." She backed away and found a place as she pulled on her belt bringing out one of the compartments and opening it as it unfolded into a smaller tent. THe blind designed for outside but it functioned like anything else needed. A shelter.

Options. That one word that struck two syllables was enough for Yondir to get his fill of pondering.
Every Jedi had options. In the extreme, some chose to stray, to fall, to submit to the dark side’s grip.
What options did some mere Ranger of Rhunor have? Not many, but no one here would understand.
Master Ikki Ike promised the Knight he would have sleep, if thinking deep as a broken well, dreaming.

Sunny beaches… He blinked at his soup. It wasn’t sunny so much as runny. Glittering seas… Pretty.
Temple chambers? Yondir felt just as warm within them. Full of scrolls? He would wander aimlessly.
Her hand on his shoulder, as a tutor might to a student, or a companion to companion, but not this.
This gesture was different, this feeling felt, in skin and bone. Like when he had kissed her, lips to lips.

Rest… Yondir Fenn, a Jedi Knight, sighed as Master Ike stepped away. His own expression was silent.
Absent in conversation, thoughts ever so distant, to his world of Rhunor, beckoning him back home.
Fuel and exercise, those were not uncommon knowledge for Jedi. They helped one maintain shape.
Stronger. Sharper. Like a blade. Yondir looked to his contemporaries as Ikki retired to her own post.

What is the point of choice..? A boy had to make a decision, a man, a woman, tonight, until morning.
The child would spend time with his family, to relax and sleep, just as one wise Ikki Ike had advised.
“Trust not in your own judgment,” Yondir offered to parents and their descendents. “The Force sees.”
Cryptic speech, even he would admit it, but it would suffice beside the firelight in this cold, dark night.

A tent. Yet, admittedly, Yondir had not brought one, only his sleeping bag that hung beneath his backpack.
The survivors of the mountain’s winter retired for the night in the hall, and in the corner ventured one man.
Alone, if not lonely. No. Who am I…kidding..? Words slipped within his mind as the Knight found his quarry.
A shelter. The body needs rest. Surely Yondir could slumber in some semblance of comfort, to simply sleep.

After all, outside drifted naught but wind, right?
Winter’s fist in a village long since abandoned.
So Yondir lifted his hand, felt fabric, unzipped.
“Ikki?” He beckoned, entering the tent not his.

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She listened and relaxed at first ansd then she drifted off allowing herself to sleep. The inside of the tent if you wanted to call it that was warm and comfy... larger then it looked outsider thanks to the dimensional engineering that went into the design. So there was space for several people around a central brazier. No fire just a warm glow that put out heat but not scolding... it provided alternating colors as it used a rainbow gemstone in the design which allowed it to shift in the color spectrum. Wih a power cell similar to a lightsaber. Ikki remaining in her beddings as she slipped into sleep and her snorting was muffled. The robes off on a small hanger remaining to be tried and cleaned by smaller droid. The droids reacted when Yondir entered and remained there doing their duties as her snoring was loud and heavy. She... was not one to wake up easily as the chrono on her wrist was set for a few hours or if there was a red alert.

What are you doing? Questioned that voice inside Yondir’s mind. A thousands voices, actually.
A myriad of noises, plaguing his brain that very moment, from ladies in lakes and to the witch.
Darkness… Brightness… Like the outside night. Like the rainbow lights of a tent yet permitted.
After all, Ikki Ike’s droids might have forbidden him entrance as if an intruder while she sleeps.

I…I don’t know… He answered honestly. Stricken with emotions otherwise so unknown to him.
He wasn’t emotionless, that wasn’t it. A stoic just so oblivious to most. An ideal Jedi…right..?
‘Why have you entered my domain?’ It was a question given by the woman from the well’s pit.
Was it any different in this instance? There she was, Ikki, sleeping gently, gracefully, at night.

If a bit noisy. Yet her snoring, for whatever reason, had beckoned a grin on Yondir Fenn’s lips.
For a moment, after zipping the tent closed, he knelt there listening, watching his companion.
Inside was warm, tranquil with gentle lighting, quiet amid Master Ike’s slumber and her droids.
Ikki… Yondir breathed, steadily, spotting a spot beside her covered form. You do have a choice.

He closed his eyes for a moment. When he opened them, there was no lake, no ocean—but Ike.
No space, no stars, no moonlight or sunlight, but the sleeping, pretty face of just one other Jedi.
I choose harmony. Chaos was for the dark side. Yondir entered his blanket under pale moonlight.
Dreaming of his homeland, gaze to the tent’s ceiling, closing his eyes, trapped in the veil of time.

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She remained asleep, her senses in the force alerting her someone was near but it was not a threat to her.... weird sure but she remained off in sleep and allowing the force to let her sleep and Yondir was doing much of the same. She stayed where she was and waking up in the morning opened her eyes and got up groggily but she rolled over onto her side and then knees as she rose up and stretched. Feeling her body pop and groan from it. She dressed herself and looked at him motioning for the droids and setting them to let him sleep as she slipped out. With some of the food packs and began making food for everyone else. THe tent sealing back up and she herself moving quietly enough so she could make food for the people on a larger scale since it looked like more might be coming. The tactical cans of bacon and her food packs would work well here.

Through the night, Yondir Fenn slept, but his sleep was weak, despite how heavy his eyes were.
He dreamed, first of moonlight, of the only home he had ever known, of those who are his kin.
Before he had found the Jedi, his family of flesh and blood; of mountains, trees, and ancestors.
It was a peaceful sleep. Then it shifted. His visions became a nightmare of that one gaping pit.

That well, its darkness, the nexus that both Jedi abolished before the ruins had collapsed. Gone.
…Right? Then why was this Jedi Knight so plagued with emotions? With hunger and with thirst?
When he opened his eyes, alone in his bedroll, the lady he came to keep safe had left their tent.
Quiet... He silenced the voice in his mind. It was time for more than a child to choose. Just stop...

Outside the tent, in the hall, some had already woke before him as Yondir approached them.
In the same clothes, had no means to change, especially in the shared quarters of Master Ike.
Whatever moment they shared together by that well, he put it behind. Put it outside his head.
“Good morning,” he greeted Ikki simply. “I will help.” He did have his own provisions to provide.

Between both Jedi, they had created something of a small feast for the inhabitants of the hall.
Greetings were exchanged as more awakened to the scent of coffee, bacon, and even of eggs.
The elder had also helped prepare breakfast, claiming to have since stumbled upon a bird nest.
Every bit added, everyone appreciated the moment. Yondir sat on a bench and a boy stood tall.

“Morning, master Jedi,” the child smiled at Ikki, Yondir. He isn’t wrong, but only one is a Master.
"Good morning, young one," Yondir returned, dishing out a plate with a cup of coffee in turn.
"Oh, no, no," the boy's mother interjected. Yondir raised a brow. "Sorry but, uh, no caffeine."
So the drink was traded for water. I do have a lot to learn. "Here," he offered Ikki. "Coffee?"

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

"Don't you know that stunts your growth." She said it looking at him with the coffee and offered a smile. He was different this morning as she was checking the food but looked at him. "Did you know you snore?" She said it but seeing the bo offered him a plate of food along with the others as they were being joined. The smile remaining on her face when she bowed to the people who were there and coming with them. The jedi master making a plate for Yondir that would be in a palce for him when she sat down next to him at the table. "Plenty for everyone, please enjoy." Ikki said it as the small cleaning and droids she had were working on putting away the blind and equipment back into her pack.

Yondir looked at her with no smile, lips twisting in confusion. “I believe I am already grown, Ikki.”
Sephi did of course age differently. At age eighty-seven, he is in his early twenties comparatively.
Even when he turned ninety, a hundred, to a Human he would still be roughly in his mid-twenties.
Yet he had certainly stopped growing physically. “I snore?” Less confused, more surprised. “I...do..?"

Wait. I would not know it if I did. Yondir suddenly felt concerned, self-conscious about his slumber.
Did I wake her up? Maybe if she was just another Jedi partner then he would not be thinking of it.
But she wasn’t. And he didn’t want to snore in her presence. “You coming?” That boy beckoned.
“Yes.” Putting the matter aside, Yondir took his seat beside Ikki, pouring himself a cup of water.

He decided to skip the coffee for now. Just in case. Ikki Ike was right about most things as it is.
“Looks good!” Someone commented. “Just the feast we need!” Another. “Pass me the bread?”
“As you wish.” Yondir passed the bowl over with a few simple slices of bread, eyes to his dish.
“It does look good.” He took a bite and he paused. “Sausages, tomatoes, nice crispy bacon!”

Swallowed. “Hmm.” Looked around the table. Everyone seemed delighted to eat and drink.
To converse with one another as if in some respite after time in a storm. They are pleased.
A bite of egg followed the bacon. Paused. Tasted. Swallowed. “Mm...” Looked over at Ikki.
“The egg…” Yondir suddenly felt like eyes were on him again. “It is…” He gulped. “...Tasty.”

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

SOmehow his looks were adorable and she needed to stop teasing him... maybe. She looked at him and he was all in but trying to process what had happened between them and with them. Eating the food was a good start as she looked at the mother when she came in and observed them. "He is clueless isn't he?" THe woman looked at her and Ikki nodded as she closed her eyes. "Yes but endearing, believe it or not when we started he was much much more obtuse to humor and even more in his own head." THat got a look as she gave her the food and looked at the boy with a smile on her face. Being almost the same height as him. "Good enjoy the food." She looked at Yondir complimenting the eggs and nodded. "THank you, now come on relax... let your hair down, cut loose... but not too loose I don't need you streaking down the road in the snow. Just moderately loose... oh we could get your a hat."

Ikki had directed him to let loose, but it was all Yondir could do to look confused. “It is too short.”
Which was probably unfortunate. “I am sorry,” he offered honestly. “My hair is not long enough.”
How could he let his hair down at this length? Besides, he was processing words from before.
Clueless. Was that what he was? He was a bit absent of expression with emotions. Too much.

The Sephi of Rhunor always believed most feelings to be a burden, unversed of the universe.
There were others like him, species not necessarily Sephi, individuals even, but now he learns.
He discovers as he journeys the galaxy, encountering people like Ikki Ike, no less a Jedi Master.
Humor. Oh, he did try. Perhaps it would just take work. Endearing. Was he? That was Ikki’s word.

Wait. “Hat?” Yondir looked around the table. Some of these folk had hats, although some did not.
When it came to his own person, he asked himself just one question: How would I look in a hat..?
“Oh. I understand.” He was overthinking. Yet again. Even without his connection to water or rock.
“Do not worry, Ikki,” he reassured after biting into bread. “My hood suffices in the cold. It is a fact.”

“You’d look good in a hat, mister!” The boy smiled.
“Perhaps. Though you may call me Yondir.” No smile.
Not with his lips. Yet his eyes did. “Or Knight Fenn.”
“Cool! Maybe I’ll be Knight Burama!” He bit his bread.

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

THe woman seemed to be looking and offered a sympathetic shake of her head. Fighting back some laughter while Ikki looked at the boy. "So I guess that means you have made a decision?" She looked up at the parents for confirmation while she was there and despite being the same size as the boy knew how to fill a room with presence... or shrink it down and stay as a maid off to the sides... there but not seen. HEr hand came up as she looked at her cybernetic fingers and offered a small nod. You will want to be careful and pack warmly if you are coming with us. Frostbite isn't fun." Well is hadn't been frostbite but how to explain she and another force users had gotten into a brawl and the woman bit her fingers off while she tore her ear off with her teeth.

Yondir sat in silence as he listened to the boy amid his expression; his pledge, even, as bidden.
The child echoed his desire, and it came from the heart, as sensed by a Jedi, or simply parent.
His mother looked at him, curling fingers over his shoulder, while Ikki lifted her own—metallic.
In that moment, as he glimpsed those digits, Yondir realized he did not know the story behind.

Frostbite. Was that what had bitten the lithe lady’s graceful limb? Yondir caught himself then.
Even in moments less wholesome, I think of her…unbidden... Oh, he knew the new Jedi’s creed.
The alternative version of code, but he followed the tradition of old, felt it to be his serenity.
In that moment, all he knew was that Ikki Ike was small but big—bigger than Yondir Fenn.

Perhaps he would learn more of her, in mind and spirit—but he will not be so distracted.
Enough of this. “We will protect you,” Yondir promised, looking the boy right into his eyes.
“Guide you. Strengthen you. Yet it will be a test.” He looked between child and his parents.
“This is no light decision, if you make it. We strive for peace, but it is hard work…to be Jedi.”

“I want this,” the boy spoke, biting his lip, looking between mother and father. “I am ready…”
Yondir believed him, but looked to his parents no less. His mother smiled, as if bittersweet.
Perhaps Ikki could read the expression more than Yondir. “As am I. I always…always knew.”
“We both did,”
the boy’s father chimed in. “Mavin was was born for this moment. It is…true.”

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She gave a nod and was looking at the kid with a look on her face while she was able to see the mother and the father. "It will be fine, you will learn and both good and bad things will happen as it is not an easy life... just more fun. Plus I am usually always in the temple cleaning up after the other jedi." She said it with a smile and looked at Yondir with raised eyebrows more to impishly imply she cleaned up after him and he never noticed her because she had been the help as far as he knew... she hadn't not really but few knew that and their reactions could be most telling in some places. Ikki rose up and she was almost the same size as the kid with her statue but offered a larger smile. "Worry not, we protect, he help and we teach... and while he might not see you again. KNow that he is doing good for the people and one day he may return here."

Ikki Ike’s smile was contagious, even for a man who smiled as often as snow melted.
Which was a fair comparison in these mountains, where winter came, and never left.
Both Jedi had not neglected to mention that being Jedi is hard work. A commitment.
They didn’t understate, but didn’t overstate the rewards that came with the decision.

Wait… Ikki was usually always in the temple? Then again, there was more than one.
On that note, Yondir was rarely in any of them. He was a wanderer, if of their Silver.
A Jedi Guardian. Silver Jedi Concord. It was one Jedi order in a number, if smaller.
The Jedi had refined themselves, had consolidated; to succeed it meant to adjust.

Was it yesterday that I met you? Yondir mused. Truly, none had ever moved him so.
Looking into Ikki Ike’s eyes, even in the briefest moment, time felt like a still ocean.
He looked away, not forsaking concentration, as he glimpsed mother, father, both.
Ikki spoke reality. Jedi did leave their parents. Is not so negative. She is being...open.

“I understand,” the mother expressed.
“Yes. We both do,” the father also said.
“However, the day is not over just yet…”
Yondir confessed, taking a deep breath.

To steady himself, like he had at that well, but this moment was different.
Whatever happened next, he wasn’t alone, and neither was the kid, Mavin.
“This was a,” The Knight blinked, finding words. “Most exquisite breakfast.”
Some lady giggled at him. “Shall we step outside, survey these mountains?”

After all, the Jedi Knight, Jedi Master and Jedi initiate were bound by them.
Mavin’s parents need not shed a tear anytime soon given their environment.
The lot of them still had to brave the aftermath of the cascade and go down.
Face the treacherous weather that was against them. Out. Have to. Get. Out.

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She looked at him as he kept making eyes at her and finishing the food and started to clean up. "We can." Walking outside wasn't bad and the sun was up casting the snow into white silver shades. She was prepared for anything even the cold as her cloak handled it nicely. A smile on her face though after things were clean and set up so that they would be able to clean up. The boy could say goodbyes and make sure he has all of his stuff where it is needed. She was looking at it and found a place to look at the mountains they had come out of the night before. "Doesn't look like the collapse of the fortress had much affect over here... which is good for them. Might be best to check on some of the surrounding mountains just in case... don't want them to stumble upon it and unleash anything else that might be in there."

The Jedi weren’t alone in their service, neither were the makeshift villagers, combining their efforts.
They worked together to clean up, having broken their fast, and then joining to take down their camp.
The Jedi’s arrival had offered as much security as certainty for these people, who were since unsure.
Uncertain, given only the purpose of exploration, not knowing of the dangers that gripped these lands.

The Knight did. The Master did. Wind blew and billowed the cloak of the former. He stood by the latter.
They gazed in the same direction, toward the mountains yonder, where darkness may have taken both.
Not today. They said. A single breath. And the night was swept away. Like a tide. Or a fire’s final embers.
Those ruins were long lost, the well and the witch within, and better for the others to never even know.

“You speak wisdom, Ikki,”
Yondir agreed, simply. “As always...” He glanced back at their quarry.
The boy, Mavin, stood behind them, keeping his distance, wary, as a Knight recalled a mission.
His. And his companion’s. And the Jedi’s. And the child’s. And the explorers that were his keep.
“These mountains are perilous,” Yondir stated the obvious to his partner. “Too much for trinket.”

They had come for treasure, these explorers, and fortunately they had not entered the ruins.
If they had then there might have been more than an avalanche, with a sorceress storming in.
“Mavin,” Yondir called to the duo’s newest member, making a trio. “Will you join our objective?”
“Uh…” He looked perplexed. “Objective?” Ah. Must simplify. “To check the surrounding mountains?”

That made the child smile. “Yes, Sir Knight and Master Jedi!”
“Good.” His parents permitted it. Two there were. Now three.
“Then we shall scout ahead and make sure the way is safe.”
“As you say!” Yondir adjusted his backpack. “Ikki shall lead.”

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom