Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Conference

Faith was trying to absorb all the conversatin and then found herself lost. She had to be getting old she was practiced at following 5 or 6 at one time this was only 3?

She laughed trying to shrug her doubt off and thought back, "New Crevasse City is lovely." She looked at Dells who was for all she could remember being herself. She smiled that at her hoping to get them all out of the crowds soon. She didn't mind but there was something weird crawling on her skin and she couldn't place it. She looked at Marina, "I'll take a few bottles of what is here.." She pulled her credit chip, "Tell Mariya thank you. I understand her winery is doing quite well"

Think thinking another conversation...no a smell...something heavy...sweet...she wasn't one to turn away from sweets. She had a weakness for them. She moved with the crowd looking to Cali, "I hope your experiences here on Alderaan are happy really." She didn't know if she needed a zeltron but perhaps a bit more quiet.

Then she got near the booth there was some bickering, no haggling going on. She looked up to see the name of the company. She did not know them all but she thought she would remember one selling chocolate. oh...rare...how rare was chocolate did they have any ladybabies? She looked over the shoulder of the patron in front of her. Was there Trammistan chocolate?

She watched as a number of people bought them up. It did seem very expensive. She hoped these business associates were not trying to gauge those attending the market.

[member="Delila Castillon"] | [member="Thalliesin Bard"] | [member="Cali Ziiva"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"]

It was chocolate? Oh fudge muffins. It wasn't just her? And it wasn't just her interested! Cali knew she liked these women -- turned out she could find chocolate-fiends anywhere in the galaxy.

Probably because a lot of people liked chocolate.

The pink one at the Queen's side tried peering through the crowd anxious to get a mouthful of the stuff. Ooh, chocolate was totally her weakness. As Xobos found out at that factory. 'Course this chocolate wasn't from there, but she wouldn't hold it against them if it tasted heavenly like all chocolate should. But all these people... and there was talk of it selling out too! No, no, no. That wouldn't do. Not without having grabbed a bundle for herself.

"Hey," Cali snapped and a burst of intent swirled about the Zeltron that stood at Faith's side, "don't you see who's standing right here? You are all pushing and shoving. Its not right!" When people looked at one another and murmured among themselves, Cali's bright eyes darted over to Faith as a sly smile spread across her lips. What? Sometimes you could put a title to good use, right? And there was no harm in using the Force to get people's attention and maybe back a step up. No physical roughness. Not like she was trained in group combat anyway; who had time for that?

What was most important now though was a look at the goods. "Ooh," she purred, "what's that one," the Zeltron asked of the proprietor as she pointed at one of the remaining stock.

Tag: [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Delila Castillon"] | [member="Thalliesin Bard"]​

{O.O.C well I was going for a raffle for one lucky person to have three pounds of chocolate but I'll run with what you two have decided.}​
Thalliesin Bard was getting tired... tired of the noise, tired of questions, and tired of people trying to lower the prices.​
"for the last time I am not lowering the prices five-hundred credits three pounds of chocolate no more no less."
A man wearing a lime green and dark purple robe...how tasteful...was not happy about the price, and somehow not in the least bit intimidated by a seven foot tall armored person glaring at him.​
"This is outrageous I..."
"Is there anyone else selling chocolate …None at all?... Then pay... or leave"
Which he did... pay, that is, reluctantly.​
Where was Lotto? he took the first three thousand credits and left, mumbling something about putting it to good use.​
The worst thing at all about this...they were almost out of chocolate.​
"alright people we are down to the last twenty pounds of chocolate, so what we're going to do...Is... an... auction...Now does anyone know where we can find an auctioneer?

Cali Ziiva said:
It was chocolate? Oh fudge muffins. It wasn't just her? And it wasn't just her interested! Cali knew she liked these women -- turned out she could find chocolate-fiends anywhere in the galaxy.

Probably because a lot of people liked chocolate.

The pink one at the Queen's side tried peering through the crowd anxious to get a mouthful of the stuff. Ooh, chocolate was totally her weakness. As Xobos found out at that factory. 'Course this chocolate wasn't from there, but she wouldn't hold it against them if it tasted heavenly like all chocolate should. But all these people... and there was talk of it selling out too! No, no, no. That wouldn't do. Not without having grabbed a bundle for herself.

"Hey," Cali snapped and a burst of intent swirled about the Zeltron that stood at Faith's side, "don't you see who's standing right here? You are all pushing and shoving. Its not right!" When people looked at one another and murmured among themselves, Cali's bright eyes darted over to Faith as a sly smile spread across her lips. What? Sometimes you could put a title to good use, right? And there was no harm in using the Force to get people's attention and maybe back a step up. No physical roughness. Not like she was trained in group combat anyway; who had time for that?

What was most important now though was a look at the goods. "Ooh," she purred, "what's that one," the Zeltron asked of the proprietor as she pointed at one of the remaining stock.

Tag: [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Delila Castillon"] | [member="Thalliesin Bard"]​
Thalliesin turned to the pink girl. "Well that is chocolate filled with some kind of berry...I think. the toydarian who knew this kind of thing hovered off somewhere."
"However if you have any questions about the chocolate overall I will try to answer"
he handed her the chocolate "you weren't here for the free samples"

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
It were without say that one had to expect a few bumps to come along in such an open event as the Trade Conference. There were literally hundreds of different vendors not only from Alderaan but from basically all corners of the galaxy that were here to display their wares and goods. As such, it were of no surprise to see even Toydarians trying their hand at marketing rare exotic confectionery such as chocolates.

And chocolates were indeed rare on many systems, but not on all. It certainly was understandable for a particular crowd of visitors to rush the booth by which a Toydarian set up to sell his chocolate goods. Perhaps these patrons were from systems that had chocolate listed as rare...or for some reason or another were aficionado chocoholics... you know, having an aching sweet tooth for it....like an addiction.

Well one such person included Marina.
"Smell what?" She asked, as her olfactories lagged just a sniff or two after Cali's.
Well it didn't take long at all for the smell to finally register as to what it was.
Marina's attention quickly turned from Skreech and the girls to the gathering crowd of people rushing the booth with the tantalizing sweet aroma of chocolate that permeated the square.

But first thing's first. Marina placed the selected labels of wines and took hold of the case she were going to bring along with them to her queen's remote residency.
It were then that she discovered as to the rarity of one of her favorite delight to most of the galaxy...or to the crowd of patrons at the chocolate booth as she caught one passerby shouting. Word had spread among the underprivileged few that there was chocolate up for sale, and they weeded themselves out of the marketplace and on to the one particular booth.
And of the asking price for candy?

Well, it weren't for Marina, nor her queen to say something about price gouging as there had been no set limit on how much anyone could sell their goods for. it were after all an open market and if anyone wanted to pay an outrageous price for a morsel of candy, then it were their right.
Still, as it may, that in itself seemed to have cause a sort of domino effect as many of the people seeking chocolate initiated a demand that exceeded the supply.
Yep, a bidding war then started.

Thank the gods it were just that, as Alderaan could ill afford another skirmish to take place, especially during the trade Conference.
"Huh?..what?..." Marina replied when asked if she were Ok, as she seemed a bit transfixed on the diminishing chocolates that were quickly being grabbed up.

"Oh, yea... I'm good.
Just got this crazy craving..." Marina laughed, looking over to Cali and Delila.
Yes, funny how mass hysteria surrounding chocolates could easily affect those who realize that they aren't going to get a chance to try some at the moment, as what seemed to be the last of the Toydarian's chocolate was quickly being depleted.

"Uhm... your Majesty..." Marina then turned to her queen.
"You wouldn't by chance have any...you know, holiday chocolates left over at your New Crevasse apartment?" Yes, she so now could go for some of that chocolate sweetness to calm her craving for it. Hopefully Queen [member="Faith Organa"] did have some in reserve over at her place.

[member="Delila Castillon"] / [member="Thalliesin Bard"] / [member="Cali Ziiva"] / [member="Faith Organa"]

Thankfully someone had found an auctioneer or things might have escalated beyond the occasional shoving.​
Thalliesin thought that the bidding might have gone to far after someone bid five thousand credits.​
"Alright people there's only fifty pounds of chocolate in the crate it's not worth a starship, so please let us end the bidding with the mustachioed twilek."
the crowd grumbled for a bit but eventually they left some with chocolate and happy others not so much.​
the only people left was the queen whom Thalliesin did not recognize, the ladies at her side, and Lotto who appeared to be out of it.​
"Where'd everybody go..."
"when you said you would put our money to good use I expected supplies"
"I bought plenty of supplies, but I met a guy who invited me to a game of Dejarik...heheh I won ten thousand credits for beating his unbeatable stratagy.
"You cheated."
"what...no....I would never cheat, I just evened the odds."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom