Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Conference

"Oh," Cali's head bounced over to the left with an easy smile, "at least until the last day. Long as I'm watching over the stage here, I can't go too far. Wouldn't mind taking my time in the market." Not that she couldn't stray from her post. Just not for more than an hour, maybe two. Much as she hadn't lost the drive of Zeltros, Cali knew how to be responsible. Sides, she got pretty good perks working for Whimsy. Wouldn't want to genuinely upset Gloomy.

"Could always stay longer, but I guess that depends on whether I meet someone." A soft giggle followed her admission. "Guess I could always strike a deal for a large shipment and tend to business here, but probably not likely." It was Alderaan. So why was Whimsy here of all places? Because you truly never new where a new market might sprout one day; and you certainly would never find out if you played it safe. 'Sides, all sorts of people were here from all over. Maybe not today, but tomorrow there could always be a new order.

Okay, okay, and perhaps, "I wouldn't mind watching the sun rise in the morning here either. Find a beautiful place to lay back and just take it all in. Not the same up there in space."

"What about you?" Cali always liked hearing about other people. "Oh, and I'm Cali," she added quickly, remembering she hadn't even introduced herself yet. Always got swept away in the moment.

Tag: [member="Faith Organa"]​

Faith nodded and smiled listening to every word, Cali certainly had a lot of energy. Or maybe Faith was just getting old!

She laughed when she thought appropriate and found herself genuinely enjoying the company of the young woman. But then Zeltrons had that ability didn't they everyone naturally liked them. They reflected emotions if she remembered correctly. Who wouldn't want all that energy and happiness.

"Well I'm Faith." She'd leave it at that, "I have some friends you can meet the are just over there." Faith pointed towards [member="Marina DeVoe"] and [member="Delila Castillon"] , "I think you might like them too. Maybe we can all sit and watch the sun come up with a glass of wine. Do you drink Miss Cali?"

Faith walked slowly, "Alderaan is a beautiful world this is only a small part of it. There are wonderful green valleys, snowy white mountains, the deserts with it multitude of colors, the forests and jungles. Things that remind you other places and keep hearts warm until they can get home again, or make a new home here."

Faith took in a deep breath, how long had it been since she had talked so much?

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
It never took much to pull Marina out of her slum. Yes, the happy-go-lucky blonde occasionally lost her spark..third time now on account of her once bestie [member="Mariya Fleischer"]. She had bonded with Mariya from the first day she had put her ship, the Mariner IV on Nar Shadda, the then and still haven for the Underworld. But that story will no doubt be replayed in her memory and dreams which no doubt would span marina's lifetime...

But yes, her bestie had disappeared trice on her, with the latter having Mariya actually turning on her like that of a rabid canine. Naturally, the blonde refrained from calling her former friend the 'B' word, despite getting forced chocked and stuffed in duct-work and left for dead. No, Marina were after all raised too well and proper to even think that.

Yes, she had been in a somber mood. And only took to take charge of her former bestie's vineyards and 'Soul Brothers and Sisters' label for the sake of the employees and workers that had spent an entire season diligently caring for the crops and making the Sovereignty wines.

Sparing a long winded story, she took up a very colorful and ornate booth...still hurting mind you, but she were mostly thinking of the faithful employees and workers of the vineyard. She weren't doing this for her former friend...hell NO!

Anywho, seeing [member="Delila Castillon"] and her chipper new friend Skreech took her somber mood and pushed it aside...for now. Delila had been part of the Explorer group which had formed just before the sith, or rather TSE took to invade Alderaan and take down the entire FWC (Free World Coalition). Of course, marina and Delila were at the edge of the galaxy..exploring, when that sledge hammer came down on the faction.
They turned back and both did what they could to help lessen the blow on their people from the sith. Delila, a soldier, protector and defender fought them with firepower.
Marina...she were a pacifist, but nevertheless got into the heart of the battle and did what she did best; evacuate stranded civilians. Marina was no fighter, but she did her part...always.

Still, despite all the hardships, the heartbreaks and tribulations the blond had recently gone through, she chipered up upon seeing Delila...and of course the little monkey-lizard chewing on jerky was too adorable not to bring on a little chuckle from the blonde.

It were then that somehow or other, be it intuition or just a feeling; marina turned in the direction of what she instantly recognized as her queen approaching. This alone would have had marina drop her sad frown, as she adored her queen. in fact, Marina was intern to Queen [member="Faith Organa"]
Marina was after all the younger of two daughters to [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"]. But the title of Duchess on Alderaan didn't at all come automatically by birthright, no. It had to be earned. Although in Marina's case, she had in fact earned it before her elder sister Katie, just that Marina's heart had always longed for the stars since she were a toddler... looked up at the pretty sparkles of light.

"Your majesty..." Marina's smile widened acknowledging her queen approaching her booth.

It were then that she took to notice that Faith had a friend alongside her. It weren't unusual for marina not to recognize the many people and dignitaries that often visited Alderaan, hence her queen. Of course, Marina's attention were first on Faith, given her being the queen. But soon following Marina's acknowledge of her presence and after a respectful genuflect, her eyes came upon something she could only describe as splendor.
Well, it were in the manner the girl appeared to her. Marina had never happened upon a Zeltron before, and for a moment she just couldn't place as to the race she were. Although she had indeed come across it in her studies years ago, as she had learned of all known species and races... although that were many years ago and when she were in grammar school. But with the galaxy and it's thousands of unique star systems, one could have it at the tip of their tongue and still have it elude them. Marina was so certain she knew, but it just wouldn't fully materialize in her head.
"Hehe..." She found herself chuckling in a happy kind of way. There was something...what was the word?...'splendor' about the woman and it weren't her skin tone, nor her features... it seemed to emanated from within her.

[member="Cali Ziiva"]

Cali's eyes went to the friends Faith indicated, curious who held the honor of being called such by such a regal woman. "Oh, yes," the Zeltron purred as she quickly turned back to Faith, "I would love to join you, if you'd have me. It's so much more relaxing being in a group." That wasn't a general statement of fact so much as a fact about Zeltrons. Doing things with others was better. Sure, if people were in a bad mood that was technically worse, but then you sought to help them and in turn you helped yourself. Kismet! "And I do drink wine. Seems so popular here. Do you happen to have your own label?"

"There's beauty to be had everywhere it sounds like. Certainly a wonderful place to call home," she responded with a few energetic nods. Though her present home on Naboo was rather convenient for work. Could never tell though, maybe Whimsy would expand where a place on Alderaan would be handy.

When they casually strode up on one of Faith's friends, the pretty woman greeted her formally. That was all well and good -- shouldn't be rude -- but a bubbly Zeltron would help keep you grounded not trying to be prim and proper. Respectful, certainly. But this festivity was like a party, so party-rules applied.

Marina and Cali's eyes met then, a smile on pink lips as they studied one another. Not that she'd tried influencing the pretty one, but soon Marina chuckled. Then Cali giggled, one hand lifted to partially cover her lips. If there was a chance for them to giggle like school girls about absolutely nothing whatsoever, Cali was totally on board. Because there was a cloud over Marina's head, and a Zeltron's duty to let the sun shine.

After their giggle fest simmered down, however brief or long it took, Cali would extend a hand out toward Faith's friend. "Hi there, I'm Cali. Love your hair." It wasn't flirting to complement a woman on her looks. It wasn't only flirting, and Cali totally didn't pressure anyone about anything. Except chocolate.

Tag: [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Delila Castillon"]​

Marina DeVoe

"Cali..." Marina repeated her name like it were suddenly found..discovered like that of an exotic flower..rare unseen before by her.

"Sunshine...er, pleasure to meet you..." Shiet, it was certainly a sunny day, bright..full of life..butterflies and beautiful. Yes.
How had she not noticed the big yellow star shining on her this day?
Ahhh...of course, whats-her-name ( [member="Mariya Fleischer"] ) had been clouding her mind... about?
Shoot, what had that been about?.."Ahem.." She cleared her throat. "Marina...Marina DeVoe. " She said, happy to shake the woman's hand. Damn, it were a nice day.

Peaches and Cream came to mind for whatever reason.
Marina thought about peaches and cream, drawing in what her olfactories somehow seemed to be missing. She was certain she had sensed such sweetness. It had to be permeating from the woman...although her nose tingled it were not.
Still, her mind had set itself on sensing that fragrance on her...it were so like that sometimes with her.

"Huh?..." Marina's attention turned to @Delilla Castillon, thinking no less that the girl were admiring her friend's beautiful red mane...much like she herself admired Delilla's hair. But Cali's eyes never wandered from her own and marina turned back in surprise. "You mean mine?...Haha" Ok, another hearty chuckle easily got through, she were so amused.
"Oh wow...thank you..." Yes, she were very much appreciative of the compliment. Marina loved Delilla's hair. It were so rare in humans. But-
But now she were looking at something beyond the rarity of red hair...pink..NATURAL PINK HAIR of all that Berkana (her Creator/God) could gift on someone!
No, she weren't jealous at all, not for Delilla's beautiful red and not for Cali's wonderful pink. No, she were just in awe now of the woman's hair...skin tone even.
Ok, enough Marina...draw up your jaw... her inner self prompted her to regain her poise.

"Can...can I offer you a glass?...of wine I mean." her thoughts were a bit on the lag, but eventually they registered.

"It's not my label, no." Marina said drawing a bottle of rose from the sample s she had on the table. She had poured herself and Delilla a red, but somehow she just instinctively and without much thought reached over and opened up a rose. like..it seemed so to befitting...right or wrong.

"I'm just here for-.... uhm, to help represent..." Frack, what had been her bestie's name?

"..the...vineyard." She had to look quick at the label... "Soul Brothers and Sisters!" Yea, that was the name of the label...just only if she could remember...whats-her-name?...

Gah, it didn't matter. One; the day was fresh..it were morning still of course..
Two: it were bright... she were with Delilla, Cali and...OMG... "Gasp.."
Three: Queen [member="Faith Organa"]!

Marina's features suddenly lost a shade as she realized she were only offering Cali a glass and had for some unfortunate reason just..just forgot that her own queen was right there in front of her. And she had not offered Faith a glass, much less serving her FIRST!!

That very second of revelation, she darted her hand down below the table shelf fumbling in grabbing a flute, like real fast. Well, real fast wasn't marina's forte and yes...CLINK-Crash..a few flutes found their way with the influence of gravity to the floor.
But managed she did and without seemingly aware of her accident Marina placed another flute on the table and poured another rose...praying to her God that she had not disrespected her queen.

"Your majesty...some rose?" she asked with a smile... Ok, it did have a little nervous twitch on the corner of her upper left lip.

[member="Cali Ziiva"]

[member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Cali Ziiva"] | [member="Faith Organa"]

Skreech grew bored of the women talking and scuttled down her body, leaping behind the wine booth. One, he was going to sample a bit of the alcohol on tap. Two, the little monkey-lizard had weaseled himself between the wine booth and another, finding a host of snacks under a table to eat, content to munch loudly until Delila called for him.

For the most part, Delila was content to drink her glass of red and listen to the conversation spark between Marina and the new comer of the group, a pink Zeltron. Eyebrow raised as the two were clearly flirting, Delila giving Marina a nudge with her elbow ever so slightly,as if to say go on and get some. It was interesting to watch and she decided to play wingwoman for Marina, it was the least she could do.

"Isn't Marina's hair amazing? She's an excellent stylist as well, you should see some of her work."

A small smile and a nod of encouragement before grabbing another glass of wine and running straight into the Queen herself. Naturally she would give a small curtsy, finding a bit surprising Her Majesty was walking in the market. Marina seemed equally surprised, stammering if the woman wanted a glass of libation.

Let us see where to start she thought, "I do have my own label it's an emerald wine from the Vinerium" Faith had done everything to keep her title and position quiet while walking about. But [member="Marina DeVoe"] was always proper and addressed her so.

Faith nodded, "Marina" Before she could say much more Cali and Marina dropped into conversation. That was the way of things conversation and shared interests. Before Faith continued she looked at [member="Delila Castillon"] ,"Dells welcome home." Faith thought of home for everyone who was part of her life whether they stayed for a day or two or months.

"Dells I have something I'd like to discuss you later when there's time." Faith indeed had something she wanted to talk about. AFterall Dells and her beau traveled quite a bit they might have exactly what she needed.

"Cali is on Alderaan for the festival ladies, and I've invited her to drink with us till the dawn. Do either you have other plans?" She noticed Dells pet slip down to the table and well...help himself.

[member="Cali Ziiva"]

"An emerald wine? That sounds lovely." Faith's admission was of interest, and Cali was curious about business on Vinerium, but she would soon be introduced to a lovely flower that would hold her attention for moment or two.

The Zeltron stared into Marina's lovely eyes as the woman echoed her name sweetly. Cali liked the vibe Marina was giving off. It was so warm and delightful. So warm the woman herself commented on it being sunny. She tipped her head a bit to the side and smiled at the slip. "It is such a pleasure to meet you, Marina," she replied giddily.

Another pretty woman with red hair also commented about Marina's hair, and how she was a stylist. "Really? Do you do your own hair?" Cali asked of Marina, curious how easy that must be to do. "My hair always seemed to be an organized mess, but it takes pampering too. I bet your luxurious hair is treated with the finest care."

"Ooh, please," Cali purred at the offer of wine. Marina was a total cutey. A little surprise and bashfulness at the compliment about her hair, the verbal slips, her gentle hand. Sunshine and bubbles! Such a light spirit now that the dark cloud seemed to have floated off somewhere. So much better, and Cali expected Marina would agree -- but who wanted to talk about forgotten negativity?

After pouring a few glasses Marina offered a little about the company she represented. Well, she tried. Eventually it came out, and Cali couldn't help with give the lightest giggle.

Then just like that an electric buzz passed through the other woman, and her eyes went wide. Cali's own eyes widened from their scrunched up mirth at the turn. What could possibly have struck Marina out of the blue with such strength? It wasn't as bad as before, but this tempest could quickly grow and become detrimental to the pretty one's mental health. Ooh, was it wine for the Queen? Yeah probably. Faith seemed like such a wonderful person though, she probably wouldn't mind, was Cali's take on it. Not that she was politically inclined.

With Faith addressing her friends, the Zeltron's bright eyes lit up anew and quickly bounced between the pair. Surely the four of them could have a drink together. It'd be absolutely wonderful.

Tag: [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Delila Castillon"]​

Marina DeVoe

"Hehe..." She giggled, shaking her head at Delila's tease about her hair. "...oh, we'll get back to your hair soon enough." It were her friend's play at getting attention off herself.
Marina hadn't known Delia for any stretch of time, but had quickly picked up on the woman's reserve during their short exploratory mission. Delila were not one that preferred to be the center of attention. At least not in a social atmosphere among happy-go-lucky people. Delila were a soldier first, a battle tested commander who had much responsibility on her plate and little room for wiggle among giggly spirited people. But that did little to deter Marina from embracing her into her circle of friends...trusted friends.

Marina's smile said it all. She were attuned to Delila little rouse to get Cali's attention off herself. It were a tactical move on her part. But Marina having a brother, father and grandfather that headed a good portion of Alderaan's Norther Defenses, easily picked up on the sharp witted, but tactically low key game player she had come to know and befriend.

Still, how awesome was it that Marina would run into someone like Cali in the same playground? One could even feel the air tingling about, like the excitement of eletrons dancing about them, douncing, starking with excitement ready to unload an eletrical discharge. Lucky for everyone they weren't on a carpeted floor, otherwise the static eletrical field would have everyone's hair up on ends.
Clinkety-clank went the glasses below her again.

"Huh?..." Marina were taken back a moment, jolted from just standing there smiling at the adorable pink girl...who by the way were smiling just as radiant back. It were like a Catch 22..mesmerizing, both of them. Two like people at times could get caught in such a vortex kinda-loop....just mesmerized at times that their spirit reflections weren't between glass but right there complimenting each other. It were like a second sun suddenly taking up to rise out of the blue, as it were clear skies, by the way..and just brightening up the day..uhm, brighter!

But Skreech made sure to jolt one of them back to reality.

Marina looked down below the table and spotted the frisky little critter. She did a one take over to Delila, as that's where she last pinned Skreech, as she hadn't at all noticed him scrambling off Delila...not when she were preoccupied with meeting Cali, she didn't.

"Hey you... so you're the one making all that ruckus down there?..hehe.." Yes, the little lizard monkey happened to be in the same genre of happy-go-luckies as Marina.
So it weren't her fumbling about, trying to get her fingers on a wine glass for her queen. It had been Skreech that had toppled over the glass..then three to break on the floor.
Marina just laughed, as it weren't anything to get her hair in a tangle over. She knew the little guy didn't maliciously intend on breaking anything. it were just things in the way of the creature, nothing more.

"Lol..excuse me.." she said to Queen [member="Faith Organa"] and the two, before she disappeared behind her table. Of course bending at the knees to get eye level with Skreech....as she certainly weren't going to kneel on glass, that's for sure.

"Hey there..." She spoke with the same friendly tone. " ...remember me?
What say you come up back and we'll see about getting you a treat. Come on...there is some cheese and crakers you can have. No wine though... come on Skreech..." She enticed the little lizard monkey to join them up on the surface.
Marina knew enough not to pressure the little creature, so she got up and gave him some breathing room to come up on his own. She kinda figured he understood some basic..treat..cheese..crackers. If Skreech like them, he would certainly pop his little nose up to sample the air and the treats.
Of course marina had the said treats covered up as it were quite a sunny day..now even brighter with Cali there.
Anywho, she drew the cheese platter closer to where Skreech could smell it, especially since she removed the top. The treats were for the wine samplers. Cheese and crackers did compliment the reds actually. Then of course there were other platters that suited the whites and everything in between. but this one she drew closer for Skreech.

"Sorry... hehe.." she apologized for sidestepping like that.
"Seems the little fella is looking for something more entertaining than a few girls chatting away..haha.." Sure, who could blame a curious lizard monkey finding better things to do than hang about some girl talk.

"Ahem...
Your majesty... " She had caught her queen's mention of the Royal House wine.
"I weren't aware the emerald wine were from the Royal House of Organa. I had known of it, but to my surprise never had I picked up a bottle to read the label.." Oh, she were so embarrased. How could she have missed that? to think, she were intern to the queen and had on many occasions passed the serving trays with the emerald wine...just that she never stopped to look and discover it were from the Royal vineyards.

Frak!...so what did she think the grapes growing in one of the Royal residences were for? ..'Oh, good one, Marina...Good one...' She thought to herself.
Well, she were honest at least and not be one to pretend she knew of it.

Oh, how embarrassing it was. Especially having this revelation now, in front of Cali and Delila... that she never caught on about the Royal house emerald wines....sigh...

[member="Cali Ziiva"] [member="Delila Castillon"] [member="Faith Organa"]

[member="Cali Ziiva"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"]

OH Marina was all she could think she looked at Cali, "I can offer a nice view of the sunrise, we can shops for things to eat here and go to my house."

Though there were probably a hundred different things that could be eaten at her house shopping for themselves and doing it all themselves was something she took pride in. She didn't like servants having to do things except what she couldn't handle. Appearances..."Maybe we can dye my hair pink." She let that settle in, what would [member="Laira Darkhold"] think if she saw her mother with pink hair. The comment was out of the blue and uncharacteristic of Faith.

She looked again to Marina, "Yes Marina everyone does their part to help the Alderani economy and we've had the vinerium for generations. What was difficult was cultivating the grapes again." From when the Sith took over and turned Alderaan into the home of the wild things. Yep...but she wouldn't think about that.

"Shall we plan on drinks at my house, Marina I'll buy some of these bottles for us to drink and have some from the vinerium. What goes well with this? and Cali..what would you like to try?"

[member="Delila Castillon"] was a bit quiet but she understood that was Dells way at times.

[member="Cali Ziiva"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Faith Organa"]

"MINE!" Skreech had grabbed the tray of cheese and meats and was currently scurrying through the market. Back to the Dahlia , back to put the items in one of his hidey-holes or sit in the cockpit and munch loudly. That would certainly go over well with Her Majesty and the assembled guests. If the Queen had wanted to talk to her before this then they should have plenty to speak about now. There wasn't much she could do but offer a small smile before taking a large sip of wine.

"Put the...uh...tray and food on my tab. Thank you."

After the Skreech debacle it was best to remain quiet, observe and drink her wine. She nearly choked when Her Majesty suggested to Marina and Cali they go to her 'house' , the palace. Delila had been there before for work - security and all. If she attended with the other women it would be an entire night of sitting stiffly, minding her manners, and trying to keep from saying something idiotic or controversial. It would be a struggle.

The Zeltron's lips formed a small ring at Marina's response. Was the cute woman offering to pamper Cali with her skilled fingers? Never had much reason to do any styling. Not that she had no need to visit a salon on a regular basis; even wild, fluffy pink hair like hers needed some attention. Lots of attention, really, because despite all appearances it really was an organized chaos. Helped people get the right impression of who a Zeltron was without needing to spend lots of time talking about it. Prim and proper? Pixie sticks, no.

Sadly the mesmerizing one was soon distracted by what sounded like some kind of creature behind the table causing a fuss. The pink woman leaned forward a bit curious what was happening. Sadly, the creature must have been tucked in close to the table because Cali couldn't see a thing.

Cali straightened up, her eyes lit up with the plan their regal guest laid out. Grab some food, head to Faith's place, some wine, and a beautiful view just the four of them. Sounded absolutely delightful. So wonderful in fact Cali gave a cheer with a pump of her hand in the air. "Now it's a party." Though as soon as she said that her eyes widened and locked on that of Faith once more. "Really?" The Zeltron's timing had practically glomped onto the Queen's unexpected comment about dying her hair. Like, totally not what Cali had been replying to at first, but it all worked out.

What? A pink haired Queen might not be the best idea? Cali was a bright Zeltron and knew her stuff, but political maneuvering wasn't in her bag of tricks. That would need to be the other two girls making sure nothing crazy happened.

When the little tyke of a creature scurried off Cali bounced in place when she turned around to watch it go. Or at least peoples' reaction to it going. Certainly an attention draw.

Her bright eyes turned back to the mischievous trio, a smile back on her lips like nothing had happened. Or because something had happened. "Ooh," her index finger lightly tapped her dark, pink lips in thought at Faith's question. "well I have to admit, I don't think I've had emerald wine before. Something sweet, like fruit perhaps. What would you recommend, Faith?" Who better to know what tasted great than the lady that made the wine that would go with it?

It was in that moment that a girl's alarm bells went off. Slowly, Cali's eyes shifted a bit in Delila's direction. The Zelton shifted a little closer before her left hand reached out to take one of the quiet one's hands. "Hey there. There's no need to worry. We'll all totally support you, Dee, and have a great time together. Promise." The unrestrained smile returned as she gave Delilah's hand a gentle squeeze. What was a tiny creature scurrying about with a tray of meat and cheese among friends? And as for Faith, they totally had a Zeltron there that could stir up a good distraction. Guards look at you funny? They won't for long because they'll be too busy chasing after the pink one.

"We will go the the apartment in New Crevasse City" She smiled at Delila and Marina. She and Draco had moved into the apartment long before she was Queen, their children were partially raised there. It was beautiful it overlooked the rim and you could see the sun rising and setting from the deck. She loved it. It was small not the sprawling space of the palace.

She wouldn't want everyone to feel like they were on display. No.. and there was wine there already. She drank a bit too much sometimes making decisions did that to her. Anyhow.

She winked at [member="Cali Ziiva"] "Well Cheese, fruit, and some meats that we can eat with our fingers. Unless Marina and Dells have another suggestion." There were nuts at the apartment too.

Course now they would have to take the subway train to the City...what would they think of that?

[member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Delila Castillon"]

Marina DeVoe

Oh wait...did her queen say the apartment in New Crevasse?
Oh lord....

Marina did her best to try and maintain the gleeful smile she had seemed to take on in the presence of Cali...but it somewhat lost it's elasticity and wavered but for a moment.
The queen's son were known to revisit, hang or what not in the queen's quaint old residency. And if there was one person, despite him being heir to the Royal House that she disliked almost as much as her former bestie who by the way had changed her name to something horrific like 'Veronika'...it were Theo.

Nope, she didn't much care for the queen's youngest son... no way, no how. he was such an arrogant rude...Arrrg, Theo so irked her like so...
Still, she quickly recovered her smile, momentarily keeping her lips tightly sealed....literally.
But this was Marina and not much could be done in keeping her lips sealed for too long. Although many poor souls had tried...and died. Ok, so not died as in life expiring, but just as well for there was nothing that could stop the girl from speaking her mind when she had a mind to speak.... er, something like that.

So before she blundered out loud without thinking and ask if her son Theo were about in the queen's former quaint residency, she shrugged a shoulder and nodded, "Sure...I always wanted to see your old residency before you graced the Royal palace, your majesty." Yes, she herself couldn't believe the words that had formed in her head and her lips revealed.

Unduly, she hadn't picked up on Delila's reclusiveness to the idea of a girl's hang out. Perhaps it were of the fact that Delila had but the first drink still nursing in her hand, or the fact that Marina had been too transfixed on the Zeltron...she were so bubbly pinkish. If anyone could match her happy-go-lucky lifestyle, it were someone like Cali.

But as it may be, she looked over to Delila to get her take on the queen's suggestion by which she now regrettably wished she hadn't seconded the motion. Again, the case of Marina's lips ahead of her thoughts. But seconded the blonde did, and she turned to Delila to see if she liked the idea. it were then that she noticed her red head friend somewhat pulled back.
Gasp...did Delila too have difficulty with the queen's son? This thought immediately had to get squashed in marina's head for if she even took to inquire it was in all aspect of the sense...conspiracy to commit treason. Well at least bringing up the subject of Theo in a negative and derogatory manner to someone else in both conversation and/or in a malicious manner. of course her thoughts were not malicious by no standards, but they would not be one of enlightenment in a conversation about the queen's son.
Ok...so she dropped it. No more thinking about Theo...DONE..........finished......................end...
Period.

... enough.

Stop! .."sigh.." it took some determination to stop thinking of Theo, but stop she did.

Well, truth be told, what certainly helped draw her fixation off the Royal heir (she really, really couldn't stand the young Prince..go figure) was the little monkey lizard her peripheral picked up on that were leaving the present party.
"Hahaha..." She saw the little critter scrampling off with what looked like the very tray she invited it to snack on.
"Ahem...sorry." She apologized for cracking up like that out of the blue.
"But where is Skreech going with-" She were stopped in mid sentence by Gordon, the personal caretaker of her former bestie [member="Mariya Fleischer"]'s chalet estate and wine-yards. He pointed out that Miss Castillon had offered to compensate for the platter her little friend took off with.

"That's silly...it's a complimentary platter...it's all complimentary... even the wines." She pointed out, loading a few varieties of Soul Brothers and Sisters for them to haul off and drink at Queen [member="Faith Organa"] former pad. No way was she going to allow her queen to pay for the wines. Besides, they were her former bestie, Mariya's wines.

"Actually, seeing as no one here seems to have cared for a morsel...I'm glad Skreech has taken to the samples...hehe... he is most welcome to it. " She then said to Delila, noting some reservations about joining them for a get together.
"Say...I know some things are not your...ahem, forte.
I mean like hanging out, letting your hair loose. But hope you could consider just that...you know, let loose for a bit...hang." Marina had wanted to meet up with Delila soon after their Exploration tour. Only what soon followed had called them both to different duties. This by the way meant pretty much both heeded a different aspect of duty to the front lines.the call to the front lines. One charging full ship and batteries head on, while the other fleeing with casualties and refugees. Both serving the same cause but different facets in the call of duty.

So here was the first opportunity under more civil settings...no conflicts...no missions. It were a perfect chance for her to get to know Delila outside the call of duty.

[member="Faith Organa"]
[member="Cali Ziiva"]
[member="Delila Castillon"]

[member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Cali Ziiva"]

Delila was not a 'touchy-feely' person, not unless she knew the person very,very well. Cali was not one of those people but she didn't expect the Zeltron to know that. Zeltrons by nature were overly feely in her opinion but they couldn't help their biology. Instead she plastered on her most convincing fake smile and merely nodded. She wasn't worried about Marina's tray, she would slip the other woman some credits when she bought two cases of wine from her.

She was willing the universe to force Xin to call, maybe there was a problem with the ship and he needed her help. Or that they landed a job and had to leave immediately(which never happened, ever). Or maybe just asking where she was and could she pick up those energy bars he really liked. It was a bit stupid but clearly willing the universe wasn't going to make something happen to get her out of heading off to an apartment with three other women.

"I can tag along."

It was going to be a long couple of hours. With any luck, the extroverted personalities of Cali and Marina would take over and focus more on the Queen and the apartment. Delila could easily slide into the background, smile and nod, enter a word or two where needed.

Marina DeVoe

Oh wow...could this day have taken another better turn than it did just now?

Marina had been ecstatic just seeing Delila and then her queen come over for a visit. To top that off, meeting someone like [member="Cali Ziiva"] had seemed like the overcast sky just opened up to sunshine. Yes, Marina was still mulling over the loss of her bestie.

Anywho, Marina had for the most part taken it upon herself to set up the booth that otherwise should have been done by no other than her estranged bestie...which can't be stressed enough times went BONKERS!...deserted everyone and took on another personality altogether..sigh...
Damn, she were going there again, thinking about [member="Mariya Fleischer"]. One, two, three...

Marina took in a good fresh breath and nodded to Delila, before turning to one of the Soul Brothers and Sisters employee and vineyard caretaker that she were here helping. "Gordon..." she called him.
"...if you won't mind-" Marina was about to ask if he were going to be alright manning the fort, the booth on his own.

"Absolutely, Marina.." He replied before she even got a chance to fully ask. He got to call her on a first name basis. She had insisted the first day she met him.
Gorden and her went back a few, ever since her bestie Mariya had the inspiration to take over the old vineyard on Alderaan and supposedly make it her home. Marina had been so overcome with such joy she literally freaked the frak out, she were so happy about it. Well, that now seemed to have all gone SOUTH. That is, concerning her relation with Mariya.
Still, she got to know Gordon, Mariya's estate caretaker, who incidentally was Alderaani by birth whom had come with the winery estates. Gordon's family had worked the winery for generations before Mariya Fleischer acquired it.

"...I wouldn't have it any other way. I've managed to get through a few of these affairs." He replied with a genuine smile. He had grown to like her. But that had taken some time really, as when she first showed up at the estates marina was besides herself over the fact that Mariya had chosen to settle on Alderaan. As it happened- (er, wait... that's going to be too long winded, so we'll skip this part for some other time.)

"Thanks, Gordon... I know you'll do great." She replied, getting a hold on the case of wines she were taking with her.

Yes, this day just got brighter by the minute. For the first time since she took to become intern to the Royal House, namely Queen [member="Faith Organa"] , Marina were actually going to hang with the queen on a civil level. Then of course [member="Delila Castillon"] had for the first time, with just a little coaxing from marina, voluntarily agreed to 'tag along' as she put it, had just put icing on the cake. A pink cake by the way, as Cali whom she just met seemed like a perfect compliment, a perfect girlfriend to pair up with. Marina had no doubt that all four of them would have a great girl day to themselves and get to know each other more. Marina loved making friends.

Thalliesin Bard and Lotto the Toydarian, walked through the marketplace.
"Ugh...I hate this place, there are so many people here I have trouble thinking straight"

Lotto looked up at the armored giant with an amused look.
"Huhuhuh, you were the one who said that you might get a better price for chocolate aboveboard than below it"
"But why HERE?' Several people jumped at that and several others stared at the strange duo.

Lotto was amused that such an easy question could come from a man who could outwit the entire Sith Empire even with a mortal head wound.
"Alderaan unlike Corascant and Corellia has very little to no ties to the underworld, meaning..."

Realization hit making Thalliesin feel foolish, not that he showed it.

"There's no competition."

They walked up to rent a booth. The Toydarian turned to his friend
" Hey, I'll handle this"
Lotto place his elbow on the counter of the registration booth.
"excuse me miss I and my humble companions would like to rent a booth in this fine locale to sell our fabulous goods"
The sight and smell of a slightly shady looking Toydarian, with an eight foot tall man in armor pushing a rather large crate obviously unnerved the poor girl.
"that's...great umm...that'll be two hundred credits please"

Lotto knew this was a reasonable price, but he's a Toydarian, and a Toydarian never takes the first price offered.

"two hundred CREDITS! that's highway robbery. I'll have you know that we have travelled many hundreds of lighyears to bring the finest grade of chocolate this galaxy has to offer and you make us pay Two-"
Thalliesin grabbed the shouting Toydarian and sat him on the crate.

"That'll be fine, thank you..."

After they were out of the girls earshot he leaned down so he could look into the Lotto's eyes.
"You are supposed to be a professional merchant, what was that"

Lotto was annoyed he matched his friends stare.
"I had her on the ropes, she would have cut the price in half but you had to cut me off'

Thalliesin stood back up and started pushing the crate as he answered back "that may be so...but it was not polite"

They made it to their booth without anymore incidents...

As Thalliesin opened the crate to set the chocolate out, the sweet and almost unheard of aroma filled the air.

Causing several people to stray towards the booth and after a few free samples were given out word spread like wild fire.
Strangers had invaded the convention...with chocolate.

"Ooh," Cali purred, "I've never been to New Crevasse City." Okay, like, she hadn't been to most places on Alderaan. Totally not the point. This was exciting; she'd get to hang with Faith -- happened to be a Queen, minor detail -- and Marina and even Delila who totally needed a Zeltron. Yes, the woman found herself forced into the company of a pink woman that loved making others happy or excited or anything on the positive Zeltron-approved scale.

"Cheese," she nodded, "fruit," yep, "and tiny meats," the list repeated between pink lips as she angled her head to one side. At the end Cali gave it a single, solid nod. "Sounds delish, but I'm totally looking forward to the labels." Yes, yes, the wine was made by companies of the women around her and would be the most important thing -- aside from the ladies themselves, of course.

Marina's thoughts drew a bright gaze just as Delila's had. The content was hidden from Cali, but there was some trouble brewing. Before any bubbly words could form, however, Marina herself found the pzazz to leap in there and commit to joining them. A wide grin followed the announcement. Girl had definitely made the right call. Why it wasn't much longer before the cutey sought to convince a reluctant Delila to come with. Like, Marina totally had this! Quiet squeals of delight followed from the Zeltron with all three expecting to party.

Hands clasped behind her back, Cali leaned forward with a smile affix to her lips. "This is going to be wonderful. The four of us hanging out, sipping wine, talking." Till dawn the Queen had said. Dawn! Oh my, like the woman knew Cali was good for it too. All giggles and starfuel over here.

Sniff, sniff. Cali's nose lifted a bit and her eyes drifted to one side. "Do you girls smell that?" That wasn't chocolate was it? Couldn't be. Could be! Totally a Farmer's Market nearby. All sorts of things could be sold there. The thought of chocolate didn't grab Cali -- she thought of it often -- but the scent of it would be almost Skreech worthy.

Tag: [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Delila Castillon"] | [member="Thalliesin Bard"]

Lotto held out his arms and started shouting to try and calm the crowd down.​
"Now hold on people, hold on, there is more than enough for everyone,"
People started pushing as they stopped to listen to the hairy Toydarian.​
Thalliesin leaned in to speak to Lotto​
"they certainly have crowded around quick enough"
Lotto smiled.​
"You might be used to Chocolate, but to these people it's a luxury."
Lotto went back to calming the crowd.​
"Now listen people we only brought a limited supply, so purchases are limited to three ounces a person"
Thalliesin had a brilliant idea he lifted his hand and shouted in a voice that rumbled the ground.​
"However...if you wish you can pay 500 credits for a chance to get three pounds of chocolate, that's not even half the price we would need to break even."
The crowd went wild, this was a chance of a lifetime, if they won this, not only would they get delicious chocolate​
but they could make an incredible amount of money selling it to other people for an even higher price.​
"That...was brilliant"
"Thank-You I learned from the best"
the crowd started pushing in to pay.​
"Hey, Hey, Hey, get in line or you can't pay"​
Both of the friends had incredibly similar thoughts at the same time.​
"With the amount of people paying we might be able to buy a luxury cruiser."
"With the amount of people paying we might be able to buy a star destroyer."
[member="Cali Ziiva"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Delila Castillon"]​

[member="Cali Ziiva"] | [member="Thalliesin Bard"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Faith Organa"]

Chocolate for five hundred credits per three pounds? Rare or not, Delila thought that it was an outrageous price to pay for such a thing. Yet they were on Alderaan and pockets ran deep here. There was a line forming already, people quick to get on the rare treat. For herself, credits would remain safely in her pocket as she worked with Gordon to order two cases of wine to be delivered to The Crimson Dahlia. Often she and Xin could be in the black for a month or more, not stopping on another planet or spacestation during their work. It was odd at first, being out so long contained on a light freighter, but hobbies and a desire to see the 'verse kept them from growing bored.

Credcard was brought out, paying Gordon and giving delivery instructions to the spaceport and docking bay to deliver the goods. They wouldn't be leaving until tomorrow so there was no rush for Gordon to send out their delivery person immediately.

Leaning against the bar, Delila was taking advantage of the girls being distracted by chocolate to enjoy some relative solitude and quiet. No doubt the evening was going to test all her social skills and patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom