Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tracking Sickness Through History

Guardians_of_Doon_9.png

Tags: Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari
Wearing: Adventure Gear

white.png

Millia couldn’t believe that the Jedi gave her funding to chase down Rakata history. She had been out of touch with the Order for a bit now. It had been a struggle to mix her growing relationship with Mi’la and her responsibilities to the Jedi. She wasn’t really sure what her standing was with the council. But when Millia presented them with what she and Mi’la had discovered they were willing to authorize them looking into whatever history they might find and providing a few credits to get them started. Being Jedi Millia and Mi’la really didn’t need much for an adventure, but having a nest egg in case things went wrong was a comfort.

Now that the talking with the Jedi and meeting with her, guess former Padawan now, was complete there wasn’t much for Millia to do, but to await the arrival of Mi’la. While she waited the Archivist was looking over her datapad. The information galaxy-wide regarding the Rakata was rather sparse. Millia knew that the best source of information would be Lehon, or Rakata Prime. But the data provided by the Jedi stated there were two missions ongoing on that planet right now. So rather than get involved with those things Millia thought perhaps she could find something on one of the Core planets. And where better to start than here on Coruscant.

As it turned out, anywhere was probably better than Coruscant. There were over five thousand levels of city covering the entire surface of the planet. The Rakata were here for almost five thousand years, but that was over twenty-six thousand years ago. With so little information to go on, Millia didn’t know if they would need to get down to the natural planet to find something or if this place had been an ecumenopolis even then. She gave a defeated sigh, which was only lifted by the arrival of Mi’la’s ship.

Millia placed her datapad back into her satchel and nod at DATA to stay put and made her way to the lowering ramp of the ship. As soon as she caught sight of Mi’la she rushed up the ramp and all but jumped into the Twi’lek’s arms. ”You’re here. The Jedi gave their backing to move ahead on our investigations. But I don’t think they are of the opinion that anything will come of it.” Millia stared into her girlfriend’s eyes and her look of disappointment was unmistakable. ”The GA/Jedi have missions going on on Lehon. I thought maybe we should start in the Core. I know that the Rakata were here on Coruscant, but not sure where to start looking. You want to just start digging around the lower levels? Or make our way to another planet?”

Tracking Sickness

Tags: Millia Korraay Millia Korraay
The past few days had seen a bit rough on the Twi'lek, but Mi'la was intent on seeing things through. Her ship's maintenance costs were starting to creep up, and she was starting to realize the error of having dedicated so much time towards making a mobile training academy, without any padawans. Of course, without Millia there to accompany her, Mi'la often found herself lonely, studying in her library, and meditating on her new position within the galaxy. Her strange power was still unknown to her in how it worked, and despite the...testing of Millia, it still eluded her.

What didn't elude her however, was this new project that the two were furiously working towards. That being, the nature of the Rakatan virus that stripped the victims of their force abilities. Her status within the Jedi Order had recently been questionable as of late, though she still claimed herself a jedi knight, she preferred to be as loosely associated with the order itself as she could get away with.

Of course, she left that to Millia to get all the political negotiations done with. Mi'la had lone since tired of trying to make headway with blowhards on the council, but Millia...she had a way with people. Something that she was reminded of once she felt her girlfriends presence trace over her mind, her lips curling into a smile, as she walked down the ramp, and quickly scooped up her lovely aid into her arms. The smile faltered however, as she felt those threads of disappointment start to knot, with the look in her eyes being the final signal. Mi'la let out a small sigh, her arms hugging Millia against her, as she hummed to herself in introspection. "Well...it's a shot in the dark, and...while the Rakatan were indeed here at one point...I think the chance of finding anything intact is sadly...well...it's not looking great, truth be told." She sighs, pecking Millia on the lips. "You got any planets in mind that you can think of? I made a list on the galaxy map onboard."

Guardians_of_Doon_9.png

white.png

Millia hated that her own disappointment brought a frown to Mi’la’s lips. It was in the long run worth it to share the good things and the bad without even having to say a word however. This time the small disappointment that they were not able to rush off to Lehon right away was something that passed quickly as the two pairs of purple lips met.

Mi’la’s opinion of the likelihood of finding anything left from the Rakatans on Coruscant was the same as Millia’s though the Twi’lek Jedi as usual was more blunt when voicing it. Millia loved that Mi’la didn’t beat around the bush, but others found it a bit harsh. That was another reason for Millia going to the Jedi Council alone before Mi’la arrived. ”I was doing some research,” Millia stated retrieving her data pad from her satchel. Of course she was doing research. That was what Millia did whenever Mi’la wasn’t around to distract her. For some reason the Kuranu Jedi found it much easier to plan out exciting excursions than to act on them. When Mi’la was by her side however she became much more emboldened. The fact that travel time led to other activities didn’t hurt either.

”Byss in the Deep Core has record of ruins present. A large stronghold back in the day. The last record says that it was left in ruins and claimed by the jungle.” Millia was excited about the information she had discovered, but there was then a sigh. ”Byss is strong in the dark side though,” Millia continued, knowing that Mi’la would already know what she was saying. ”It will be a risk, but if we can limit our exposure and keep an eye on each other to make sure that it doesn’t affect us too much. I think there is a good chance that we can find something there. What do you think?”

Tracking Sickness

There was a level of intimacy whenever the two were close, something that they had to reign in for themselves when in close proximity. Mi'la attributed that main to the force link they had, that and being able to so freely navigate the thought process of others was something else. Well, tempting was one word for it but, that was beside the point. She felt the flicker of excitement from Millia, but refrained from asking her about it, knowing full well that she'd produce whatever it was she desired to show her. "Doing research? Without me? Millia, you fiend." She teased, giggling at the shorter woman gleefully.

As Millia began to explain on their next place to go, Mi'la listened attentively, though her mind was milling on the final point of which this conversation would settle. "Byss....I didn't think there was much left of that planet from my understanding, but...it may prove a benefit to go and look into it. I'm a bit concerned about the influence of the dark side there, however, I think with the two of us standing side by side, it should be okay. Mostly." She chewed her lip, looking to Millia for confirmation. "There is more than likely something there, just hopefully it ties into our research. Mine called for more...dangerous locales, so, perhaps better to start at the least dangerous and work our ways up, no?" She smiles, her hands resting on Millia's elbows. "You'll have to pack all your hazmat gear though, there's going to be all sorts of icky germs out there." She laughed for now, but within her mind, she felt a bit uncertain about this little venture to Byss.

Guardians_of_Doon_9.png

white.png

Millia was getting used to the flirtation with Mi’la that would make her very uncomfortable with anyone else. More than likely that had more to do with being more attuned to Mi’la’s feelings because of their connection through the Force. Even still Millia blushed when she was called a fiend teasingly for doing research on her own. ”Next time I guess you’ll have to come along to the boring Jedi Council meeting then. If I was flying around with you we’d be studying things together.” The response was just as playful as the original statement with a giggle and batted eyes.

Mi’la agreeing with her point that they could watch out for each other was a confidence builder for the Kuranu Jedi. Though hearing a bit of wavering in Mi’la made her wonder. Millia was quite confident that the conquer the galaxy power-driven Dark Side would be seen by each other before it could take hold, but there were other forms of the Dark Side. Lust and selfishness. If the Dark Side took the form of lust, the couple had been known to allow things to border on going too far. ”We will be careful,” Millia answered however with all the confidence she could muster, a smile and a nod.

Mi’la it seemed had a suggestion of a place to investigate as well, but she said it was dangerous. Byss had potential pitfalls, but the Jedi would be their own biggest danger if Millia was correct. A band of violent locales was something Millia would have to work her way up to. ”I will admit that I don’t know what we will find on Byss. The referenced stronghold has been ruins for almost a thousand years. You’re psychometry will be very valuable. I doubt we’ll be lucky enough to find more functional computers. But the Rakata built things different so who knows.”

Millia frowned at the mention of germs. Though Millia had gotten over that particular fear when it came to contact with Mi’la, going to new new locales always had Millia fearing contamination. ”I have DATA making the arrangements to have my gear sent to your ship. And his disinfectant spray will be filled and ready to help out. Really need to talk to someone about getting a sexy form fitting envirosuit. No reason you should have to look at me in a big bubble because of my phobias.”

Tracking Sickness

Mi'la rolled her eyes at the woman's comment. She had grown tired of such meetings with the council, her time with Sakadi had shown her the folly of such things. "You know we'd both be more interested in probing the mind of the other, rather than heading the words of the council." She caught the sign of a blush, and traced her fingers against the corner of Millia's mind. They walked a delicate balance in this life, with their affections and closeness, but they both knew when to stop. Least, Mi'la hoped she did.

"We better be, I'd hate to have to order you to meditation practice as punishment." She teased, her lekku curling as her mind began to ponder the possible dangers that awaited them, dangers that Milla began to call attention to. "Well, technical issues aside, I think I find you visually pleasing regardless of if you travel in a bubble or not, though you trying to find a...suggestive envirosuit, I do find a bit humorous. Though, no doubt, you seek to torment me once again." She laughed, leaning towards Millia. "I'd rather my sapphire be safe and heathy , tempting as that may be." Still, her mind remained fixated on the concerns that awaited them at Byss. It'd just be a problem that'd have to deal with later.

Guardians_of_Doon_9.png

white.png

Millia felt the content for the Jedi council procedure even before she saw the eyeroll and heard the words. She flashed a calm smile to Mi’la as she listened to the dripping sarcasm that made Millia laugh. ”I suppose you’re right. If we’re going to do our own thing we should probably stop looking for approval.” Millia responded in a supportive manner. They had talked about starting their own center for learning, unfortunately the biggest depository of information was still in the Galactic Alliance with the New Jedi Order. Which meant that even if they were going to learn, teach and run their own missions, they would still need to play nice with the NJO’s council. And in this case the mission was on a GA controlled world. Millia was trying to make herself into more of a ask forgiveness rather than permission type of person, but it would take a little while. The Kuranu Jedi had the rules preached to her for too long. It would take more of Mi’la’s rebel influence to make the change complete.

Millia felt Mi’la’s presence touching her. She felt the worry that perhaps they were straying too far. Millia had to smile at the idea. Before meeting Mi’la she was afraid of the littlest organism touching her skin. Now she was out in the galaxy doing good. If their relationship was wrong in the view of the Force, Millia wasn’t going to apologize for it. She also wasn’t going to reel it in. With her thoughts she pressed of comfort and support into their bond. They were doing the right thing. Even if it ended up putting them at odds with other Jedi.

”Always so quick to hand out punishment,” Millia replied with a giggle. ”You act as though you’re my master or something. You know I’m a knight too right?” she continued with another location and a teasing nudge. The mention of technical issues involving Millia in an envirosuit brought a wide smile and blush to the Kuranu Knight’s face. It was funny that she still couldn’t kick that one thing for childhood. ”All these curves just out of reach…that does present quite the dilemma does it not?”

Millia couldn’t help but lean into Mi’la as the Twi’lek leaned as well. Their shoulders touched and Millia giggled. It was funny that at least one thing in the galaxy brought no concern for germs. Millia was glad for that from her girlfriend. As the two leaned against each other Millia’s droid companion DATA hovered along and beeped a greeting to Mi’la. Behind the droid a bigger loader droid came along with a small container of Millia’s protective suit. ”You know as well as I do that it’s just an irrational fear of my people. We are no more susceptible to disease than you or any other species. That being said, I would hate to freeze and cause something bad to happen to either of us as a result. So my stuff has arrived. Shall we make our way to Byss?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom