Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Toxicity | Occupation of Bescane | New Imperial Order

unknown_29.png

Objective: BYOO
Kit: Skystas Rieve iv Tave Daboti Dvasi | Casual attire
Investors: Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

Like all interactions between sentients in the galaxy, regardless of the purpose of context, this was a negotiation. And for Aerarii, it was going well.

Tambor agreed to Tithe’s request for a seat on the Board of the Trade Federation and promised him protection. The Moff was certain he was going to need it - he’d made his own arrangements to safeguard his future, but the Sith had a way of unravelling even the best-laid plans. Tambor and his colleagues were his best bet at a long and prosperous life.

“I can facilitate new entrants to the market,” Tithe explained. Fleets of SIBC treasury ships were flocking to Bastion to relocate credits and valuables to safer worlds far from the New Imperial offensive. While the vessels were closely guarded, their defences were orientated to anti-piracy, not detecting stowaways.

“A, ah, marketing campaign could be in order.” The Moff had run the Sith-Imperial propaganda machine on Mandalore. Fear was already ripe within the ranks of the Legion and Armada off the back of their string of defeats. Their fear would be easy to amplify.

“And of course, well, it always pays to know your rivals business plans.” His access to actual battle plans or defensive schematics would be limited, even with his plethora of favours and boundless bribery. But Tithe was an observant man with a skill for seeing patterns. His insights could prove valuable.

“I trust, ah, that we have a deal?”

A E R I A L S

A small boy ran up to the window in one of the industrial buildings. It was "take your kid to work day". His dad ran one of the mineshafts, not as a manual laborer, but as a surface supervisor. The droids did most of the dangerous heavy lifting, and they would collect disperse and refine. Very little of it enticed the kid, or even excited him. He wasn't paying attention to any of it. No, what this kid was doing was putting his hands up against the glass and his tongue to the window, licking it.

There wasn't a personal reason, or even a valid reason, the kid was engaged in external mastication. No, he likely was huffing fumes from the office and industrial district to the point that the window didn't taste any different than the regular candies shoved down his gullet by the Imperial propaganda machine that could spell "food pyramid" but left the average teenager without any education on economical values by the time they could join the Navy. This particular child was fascinated, engaged. The window, the glass.

It was... wait.

What was that?

A large, juggernaut-looking Man. Hanging by his arms on a very finely tuned expensive looking speeder. He was punching upwards, engaged in some dramatic bout for victory over control of this vehicle. They blew past the building, and a single crack formed from the kinetic force erupting in the glass when the kid was licking.

His tongue just hung there, the kids eyes widening as the vehicle veered off course, the Man jumping on top and fighting the pilot. A lightsaber ignited, from both ends, and the pilot flung forward towards the Juggernaut.

The man fought back against the lightsaber-wielder in epic fashion, struggling in the distance.

The atmosphere glowed with epic bokeh. The distant sun began to set as this epic struggle of good versus evil, pilot versus juggernaut, continued to erupt - even as the shuttle plummeted into the Industrial District.

Like a ball of flame,.

The kids eyes were wide.

The crack remained.

And soon, the licking would resume, the kid's wide eyes still staring in the distance, hoping to catch some new glimpse of what had happened.

IO-21

I
Objective: Operation: Deer Dance
Tags: Caligo Caligo
Forces: 42/50 Sentinel Droids

"Units, Control." said the Imperial organic's voice in droid's consciousnesses "Aurek Protocol Two." suddenly IO-21 and his counterparts looked more alert "New orders are as follows. Rally with unit CODE NAME: Fog Two. Aurek Protocol Four, CODE NAME: Fog One. " IO-21 felt the burden of ingrained commands lift momentarily as a new superior was recognized "Acknowledged." reported IO-21 aloud. IO-21, and the other droids, began to move towards the Death Trooper's location. Unlike B-series battle droids these droids did not move in a straight line but maintained a combat oriented alertness, watching all visible angles, as they sought to comply with their last known directive.

Caligo Caligo would receive a holo-communicator transmission, before him, should the Moff of Diab accept the call, would be an Imperial naval officer who saluted him "Sir, I have been instructed to turn over control of the droid platoon to you. I have sent a list of protocols that they must comply with. These droids aren't cheap but you are free to use them as you see fit. Control out." Transmitted to Caligo was a list of commands.

Aurek Protocol = Primary Commands
1 = Engage Autonomous Mode
2 = Prepare to receive new orders
3 = Cancel standing orders
4 = Recognize new Superior (Must have clearance)

Besh Protocol = Secondary Commands
1 = Run self diagnostics
2 = Engage Low Power mode
3 = Engage Normal Power mode

Cresh Protocol = Programmable Commands
0 = Prepare to receive Programmable Command
1 = Enact Programmable Command 1
2 = Enact Programmable Command 2
3 = Enact Programmable Command 3
4 = Enact Programmable Command 4
5 = Clear Programmable Command #

IO-21 was one of the first droids to meet near the ground level of the newly arrived troopers' location. Blaster carbine at the ready as his chassis slowly turned in a perfectly level manner, back and forth, to visually detect approaching targets.

unknown_29.png

I M P E R A T O R
BYOO - Memorial Site
Lyra Voi'kryt

N5cG5gd.png
She always knew just the way to pry past that bulwark of emotional frigidity and into the cold and ugly truth beneath. A man so immensely damaged from a stretch compounded of suffering, toil, strain. And even now she sought to bite into those vulnerabilities, that fear of failing those he'd led. It was far easier to be with them, headstrong into the fray than it was to step back and evaluate the dire consequences, the human cost.

“Never mind,”

“-I’ll do it myself Irveric. Tyrell cleans up your political messes and I’ll clean up your military failures.”

In all pragmatic truth, no one man could be perfect or infallible, even Irveric knew clearly of that. Those deep buried wounds in his body, his psyche were permanently secured reminders of that. He'd let in a deep inhale of his breath before it shuddered through his sense. Taking a moment of contemplation, he spoke up once more.

"Stop...you know saying that is easier than it ever is." Irveric replied in retort to Lyra.

"If you...well and truly wish to talk about this...we can talk about this, but now...now isn't the time." Irveric said, selfishly. The siege of the most fortified planet in the Galaxy was on the horizon, very little else polluted his mind.

"Because...I have something for you." And now, saying it, he was unsure if now was the time for this. All the same, he reached behind his hip to produce...the hilt of a lightsaber. Simple, the makings of a Jedi. Not aligned at all with the curved saber of Sith make she wielded.

"If you really wish...to undo my failures. Then you need the weapon for it. The weapon of someone who'd already undone many injustices in this Galaxy." Irveric says before he offers
Unity to her.

"With you...it will carry on all the same. A vessel of justice...retribution. You're pure, your intent...its as righteous as any. And people rely on you...just as they rely on me to undo what has wronged them. We can not continue to hurt each other, like this. Or else...they've won already and we'd have done right by no one." Irveric says all but solemnly in a strained voice.

unknown_29.png

G A T _ T A M B O R
DIRECTOR OF THE TRADE FEDERATION
BYOO -
Lumchugger's Hub
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe
B L U E S

What Aerarii Tithe offered was a bargain which well and ultimately could not be refused. The risk? Aerarii Tithe is caught, overwhelmed and killed on Bastion and Gat Tambor? Well...he ultimately continues operation as usual. Even if Tithe was caught in the act and sold the Skakoan out, he had layers of financial, political and military protection shielding him from the might of the Sith should they choose to wage a shadow war with the Trade Federation.

"Of course, Mister Tithe. Though it comes with a risk, a risk far greater for you than I might specify. You can consider this...a show intent, of loyalty or what have you to the Trade Federation proper and by extension, true and genuine self interest. That is what the Trade Federation is, Aerarii. An organization where you are not shackled by some organization such as the Sith, Jedi...none of them. Only yourself." Gat Tambor proposes, nigh preaching to the Aargau banker.

"But I must ask...just how far are you willing to go to break your own shackles, Mister Tithe?" Gat asks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom