Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totally harmless mission on a totally nameless planet

"Is it? Never been one for fashion. I think you're cute with or without it" He remarked seriously, in a way that almost made it hard to tell whether he was being truthful or flirting. Or both. He spun his lightsaber through his fingers a moment before shutting it off and clipping it back to his belt. Josh was taking notes though, believe it or not, things he would likely talk to Asaraa about later. While their banter had been the cause, she had gotten distracted, had not kept her guard up. She had forgotten where she was. Banter, flirting, their shenanigans... It was all fine. Otherwise he wouldn't do it. But... At all times, Asaraa needed to remember where she was. She couldn't let her guard down. No matter what went on... And no matter who was with her. He wouldn't always be here to cover for her. But she knew that last bit, he hoped... She was almost ready to be a Knight, after all, according to his peers.

Of course, he wasn't thinking about just now, as he noted the holes in the cultist's torso. Perhaps he had acted prematurely, as it seemed Asaraa had been prepared in that moment, and had been at least since the battle had begun. But he had been considering the battle's start. She had been caught off guard, and she seemed to forget for a moment that they were in what was most likely a Sith hovel. He'd make suggestions to her later, he decided, in lieu of her Master. Helping Padawans, his students or not... That was part of his job as a Jedi Master. To guide, and enrich the next generation.

Still, at least Yuroic had given her some sound advice. But her training was incomplete. He felt bad for her... It reminded him of how long he went without a Master. His first turned out to not be who he thought he was... The next died. The next abandoned him. The last... Never was there, really. He had to figure it all out for himself, and even as a Knight, he still had much to learn. If there was a way to prevent Asaraa from turning out like he had, and knowing as much as she could going in... He'd help her.

When Asaraa bent over, Josh would purposely - Purposely go out of his way to stare directly from behind her toward her bottom. Brazenly. In a way so bold and so obvious that he knew she'd know. And a small smirk crossed his face, as his own side of the flirtations continued. But despite where his sight was going, his mind, his senses, they were elsewhere. They were all around. Even with his eyes up front, he never let his guard down, even for a moment. They were trying to pierce the darkness around them... Even the murkiest of darkness could be pierced to find what hid in the shadows.

Tracking was a good plan, he noted. But while they knew where some of their opponents were, it was best to use that information to take precaution. His gaze moved up from her hindquarters to where the last aggressor had come from, the one who had come from behind Asaraa. "Better idea" He spoke, that smirk widening into a grin as he would close his eyes and allow himself to communicate with Asaraa telepathically.

"We go through that way above. Odds are we'll find a bunch of them holed up right where we jump in and stop an ambush.. Or we'll find our way into their little hole and be able to take them by surprise."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The girl's blue eyes rose slowly, travelling up the side of the wall as she tilted her head back, staring at the ceiling thoughtfully as she let her mind go blank as she reached back out to Josh's mind with her own. While she'd been taught telepathy before, the mental skills weren't her strongest suit and unlike some other Jedi she knew she had to think about it before her voice echoed in Josh's head as she replied. 'You know, that isn't a half bad idea, so there is a reason you're called the Battlemaster and not the dirty old man of the Jedi after all.' Even the girl's mental voice was teasing and playful as she stared up at the stone above their head thoughtfully. 'That just leaves one question, do you want to incapacitate them or...' The girl glanced down at the corpses surrounding them, 'Not that we've really been doing well in that regard until now.' On the other hand, if someone attacked them, she had absolutely no objections with taking them down, it was part of the vicissitudes of combat.

Reaching out to rest a hand on Josh's shoulder a wry smile tugged at the pink-haired padawan's lips, 'The only problem with your plan...my new cute outfit is gonna get all dusty now.' Barely suppressing a laugh Asaraa crouched before unwinding, powering herself up towards the hole Josh had indicated, hands shooting out to steady herself as she vanished into the space before her head stuck out, her lightsaber securely stored at her waist, 'all clear."

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

"And now I remember why I promised to spank you when we're back on the ship" Sounded in her head nonchalantly. She was going to continue to tease, so he was going to continue to tease. She could throw all the sass in the world that she wanted, he would match it. He had seen and experienced more sass than Asaraa knew what to do with. She'd find out sooner or later that he could keep this going forever. Still, she seemed amenable to the idea that he had fostered, and he would nod his head in turn. "Incapacitate, if possible. Only kill if it becomes necessary" Sounded in her head in turn. It was true they had killed a few at this point, but considering their numbers and cramped quarters... There had not been much they could do. It was unfortunate, but it was what it was. As they spoke, he began to walk about and casually picking up the lightsabers that had rolled off the few bodies they had left, if they were dead. He would place the lightsabers on the corpses of the fallen, ensuring their arms were folded and clasped around the blades. It was a show of respect for fallen warriors that he held, it was part of his code of honour to do, if he had time.

With that in mind, he would roll his eyes when she would make remarks about her outfit. "Tailer. Again" He responded mentally in, again, a nonchalant tone as he would watch her crouch, blatantly staring at her rump knowing she'd see, just to tease her once more before he watched her force jump. He looked toward HK then, motioning toward the hole upwards. HK would nod in affirmative, before the droid would activate a pair of jet boosters on it's legs, flying up to the hole. It was a bit noisier than Josh and Asaraa, but it was the only way for it to get up. Josh would follow with a force jump and he would land next to them. It was a fair bit cramped, but if they spaced out enough, there was room to fit. Leaving HK to cover them from behind, Josh would motion for Asaraa to lead the way since she was already ahead.

"Keep your wits about you" He spoke telepathically as brown eyes gingerly scanned the terrain while his senses feathered out to try to sense incoming enemies. "They may still have forces in this tunnel."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The girl closed her eyes, reaching out ahead of her with the force, feeling the energy that infused the stones and spaces around them, a map of the tunnels which they found themselves in stretching out in her mind. The girl’s nose wrinkled as she felt the dust in the air tickling at her nose as she took a deep breath, coughing before she shook her head edging forward in the vent. ‘So basically you want us to try to subdue the lightsaber armed Sith who will actively be trying to kill us at the same time right?' Asaraa clarified, amusement rolling off her before she focused, pulling her emotions back in, muting her presence in case anyone was searching for them. ‘You know, you always seem to take me to such interesting places, I never thought I’d be exploring air ducts, it’s quite an adventure.’ The girl smiled back over her shoulder, nodding at HK as she shuffled forward. She hadn’t missed Josh’s ritual he’d preformed over the corpses of the Sith, folding their hands over their weapons. It was a sign of honour, of respect to a fallen foe, but it wasn’t something she’d ever though about doing, wasn’t something she thought they deserved. The girl chewed on her lower lip for a moment before she glanced back at Josh, ‘The lightsabers, why’d you wrap their hands around the hilts? They attacked us in the dark, tried to ambush us. I can understand honouring an honourable foe, but someone who tried to stab us in the back?'

"Yes" He responded in telepathic fashion to her question. He was curious about what Asaraa was trying to do when he sensed her infusing the rocks and stones around them. It seemed she had made a map of sorts. Good plan. He would commend her to Yuroic if Yuroic wasn't being emo somewhere. "We aren't killers, unless necessity drives it. To do so would be to stoop to their level. We are better than that" would sound in Asaraa's head as the trio would continue on. Though he would smirk lightly when Asaraa would make her crack about the places that he took her.

"I'll try to take you out for dinner next time" He joked then. Though Asaraa would soon ask why he performed the ritual that he did. And with it, came a lesson. "That is how they fight, yes? To them, that is their style, that is their way of fighting. Just as ours is fighting straight up. To them, regardless of whether they consider it honorable, they fight a certain way and fight with all that they have. If one dies giving everything to the field of battle... Regardless of what weapon they use, what style they use... Does it matter if their idea of battle differs from ours? Besides, they haven't murdered any children in the vicinity and prompted death out of slaying a monster that killed children. We fought, we killed them, no frills, no drama. Straight up battle. I think that at least merits a small bit of giving them something, even if small.

Do they deserve it? Probably not, Sith and all. But that's what the Jedi do, isn't it? How many people have we helped that don't deserve it? How many people have we saved that were never grateful? To be the bigger person, to have empathy and heart, to have honor even when one feels the opponent might not be of the best moral character or fight the way they would prefer... That is part of being a Jedi Knight. I think you'll understand that someday over time. Broaden your horizons, Asaraa, open your mind... And you will see. That aside... I am a warrior. And a warrior's honor dictate I do this when I can, if I kill in battle.

But for a Jedi.. Giving others more than what we think they deserve is just what we do. Even if they think and fight differently than we do."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

'See, now that would be much nicer, and you know, I fully support that idea, especially since it means that the bade people aren't trying to stab us full of holes. That's a really really important reason to me.' It's not like the idea of not being stabbed had a broad appeal to anyone, except maybe Yuroic but he wasn't really in his right mind these days. The girl shook her head, her long hair falling over her face as she started to edge her way down the corridor.

It was the second part of Josh's speech that really took up most of her attention, however. 'So, what you're basically saying is that it isn't so much about what they do as being true to yourself? It doesn't matter if they attack you in the back or come right at you head on it's more about how you perceive their actions and how you want to be treated. Because you're a warrior, and they fought you they get a warrior's honour because they fought with what you see as honour by coming at you without bringing others into it.'

She stopped for a moment and held up a hand, one finger outstretched, 'But what we're about to do is drop in on their heads like a ton of bricks. That's not really a straight-up fight, if we do our job right then they won't have any chance to fight back.' She fell silent for a moment, idly reaching for a pebble, turning it over between her fingers, 'It gets to me now and then," she admitted, 'We spend all we have trying to help people, and we fail sometimes but mostly we manage to pull it off. But they don't appreciate it most of the time, do they? Sometimes, it'd be nice to have someone say thank you for everything we do. I get that it's not about that that it's about but it's not easy doing it every day without any sign that someone appreciates it.'

"Very true. But sometimes, necessity is necessity. We will be striking from a tactical vantage point, just as they did. It is part of battle. What isn't part of battle is things like taking hostages, or bringing children into it. That is a difference between honorable and not-so when in battle. To be a warrior is to carry yourself like a warrior. To understand that the fight is the fight, and knowing what is part of the fight and what is not. It is what separates men from monsters. Men of honor to me at least deserve a bit of honor in their death. If they fight me blade to blade, and fall, I try to do what I can even if it's more than many of them deserve in the case of the Sith. For one who would try to be anything but honorable in battle... Even I tend to not give them that honor. For they have shown absolute none and deserve not even the smallest.

The warrior's art, the warrior's honor, has always been important to me. Even moreso now that I know I am Echani, and much of my culture is based on it. It... Is a conveniently placed maze of cultures, one that I found fit me like a glove."

He would give a bittersweet smile when she would admit to being bothered by people never appreciating what they do. "Which is why we have one another. Who better to appreciate it all, than someone who at the end of the day has to mirror what you go through?

In all seriousness... It's true, it's a thankless job. But a necessary one. Just as food providers are needed for food, just as builders are needed for ships and buildings... We are needed to keep people safe. We have our place in the circle, and it's up to us to serve it well."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The girl stayed silent for a moment, the movement of her hands and feet pulling her forward through the tunnel a few more feet before she answered. ‘I can see where you’re coming from there,’ she nodded slowly as her voice bounced into his mind, ‘but I don’t know how much I agree. If someone has lived an honourable life, then they should be treated as an honourable opponent. But if it’s someone who has used people and manipulated them their entire life then does that one honourable action make them an honourable opponent? If someone tries to ambush you and fails so they end up crossing blades with you? Or if it’s someone like the Dark Lord of the Sith, we know he’s not honourable, but he still might cross blades with you. Would you treat them in the same way you treat a truly honourable opponent? I mean, I understand that it’s less about them, and more about you than anything, that you have to follow your code…I just don’t want you getting hurt facing a dishonourable opponent honourably.’ A burst of amusement rolled down their link, ‘After all, who else am I going to complain to about how tough it is to put ourselves on the line without a word of thanks.’

"How do you know what sort of life they have lived? Have you been there for every moment?" The Jedi would inquire. "You don't know what led them down this path. Even the kindest of men, the most charitable of men, can be seduced to the dark side. Anyone from your mother to your brother, to your friendliest neighbor, to your worst enemy, can be seduced by the dark side. And the dark side binds... It chains... It changes and it corrupts. So we can't judge that based on the life they may have lived for our judgement may be filled with assumptions. And is taking a "What have you done for me lately" stance any better?" Josh would ask her to consider as the three would move through the tunnels silently, even if the two were engaging in debate in each other's heads.

"All we can do is make that judgement based on that one act. That one act of honor. The rest would be us being judge, jury and executioner, and running on assumptions as well... Something the Jedi try not to do. Or at least, that's what I try not to do" He would add, giving her a silent shrug in turn as they moved. "But that is my creed. And I am, yes, aware of the risks. But I would have it no other way. If I am suddenly so consumed by the fight every single battle that I do not have even a moment to honor the dead.. Am I truly living? Am I truly a person? Or am I just a weapon, a tool to be used for nothing but endless slaughter?

These little things remind me that I am human. That I am a person."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The girl fell silent for a long moment as she considered Josh’s words before the soft reply came. ‘You’re right Master, there is something to that, I don’t know the life they’ve lived or the trials they’ve been through,’ she agreed. ‘But if you look at their friends, at the people they choose to associate with then that gives us some room to consider. That kind man, the good man who is seduced still has the choice of the path doesn’t he? He chooses to take that step in the first place, and it’s easy and it’s tempting. I get that, more than anybody I can understand how easy it is. But if that man who I can feel sympathy for then chooses to associate with someone who is eager to ambush, to stab someone in the back. Someone who thrives on the pain and misery of others, we can sense that about some of the sith, the pleasure they take in pain, then where does that leave our tempted man?'

A small smile pulled at the girl’s lips as she glanced back over her shoulder at the man behind her, 'So in the end it’s less about them and their choices than your choices, the kinda of person we aim to be. The kind of person who takes any situation and approaches it from our point of view. Living by your honour code no matter what kind of situation the force throws at you? You want to be you and be true to what makes you a person? I can respect that,” the twitch of her lips broadened into a wide smile as she inclined her head at him, a playful light dancing in her eyes. ‘You know, I think I see why you’re the top trainer in the order now…aside from the quips and acting like a lecherous old man.’ Amusement blossomed down the telepathic link as the teenager flashed a bright grin at Josh, she wouldn’t be who she was if she didn’t take any opportunity to tease him after all.

The two had different ideologies on the matter, but were still part of the same whole. She was right in some things, and less right in others. Still, she had her points, and Josh would nod his head toward the end of them. "That's true. Then again, I associate with all sorts of people. Even if I do have my lines, I've associated with people of moral question. Is my intention to try and help them? Certainly. But by your logic, that would make me evil if you didn't know anything else of me, right? Still, your point has merit. And sure, it's certainly a lot of just keeping consistent... Staying to who you are. If you stay true to that, you should be alright. Though always know if adapting and overcoming is necessary. Evolution is part of us. Maybe not physical evolution... But our minds and bodies develop through experience just as much as physical growth."

"You know, I might just have to recommend you to the Jedi Shadows when your training is complete" Josh would observe, still through telepathy. "You seem to fit. You're very inquisitive and your thoughts on the dark side fit the mantra. I'll have a talk with Jyoti later."

Though the Jedi would narrow and roll his eyes at her last remarks. Pumping a hand back, he landed a hard wump on her rear end. It'd been hanging right in front of his face this entire duration, and he hadn't made any sort of remarks or teases on the matter while serious talk was going on. But Asaraa had brought that response onto herself.

HK meanwhile was wondering what was going on, as the Jedi were completely silent, with a bit of giggling and murmuring, and then the strike out. But he remembered that Jedi could speak using the mind. Smart, the droid thought. They could divulge whatever they liked without alerting the enemy.

The pink-haired one couldn’t say she hadn’t been expecting that reaction from the man, a sense of triumph bleeding through the force as she managed to control herself and not turn around to smirk back at him if just barely. ‘If you stay still you’re dead…well maybe not exactly dead,’ she allowed with a small touch of amusement, ‘but certainly not alive. Life’s about change and freedom and experience, and you’re right it changes you, every second, every moment you experience leaves you altered. That’s why these people, what they’re trying to do, to control everything around them won’t work, because life needs to change. But…I remember seeing the damage and the pain that can be caused by them as they try to control the world around them, freeze it in place and shape it to their wills.’ A momentary hint of a deeper folorn sadness coloured the edges of the girl’s mind for a moment before she shook it off. ‘You know, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with working hard to stay consistent, it shows that what you believe in is important enough to you to make an effort, to try for it. I think that’s something to be respected, you know, as long as you don’t end uphurting other people along the way.’

Her Master’s second statement though was one that she hadn’t expected, coming as it did, seemingly out of the blue like that. ‘A Shadow, me?’ Ok, so she knew that if she’d been speaking her voice would have squeaked, knew that he probably knew that as well. 'You really think I could do that? The sneaking part of their mission, I mean I remember the last time we went undercover….that ended up rather loud and boisterous as I recall.' In truth, they’d been lucky that hadn’t destroyed the entire bar, but the simple fact that he thought she'd be a fit for those operatives, suitable for such a position on the order...well it was a nice feeling.

He hadn't expected her to react much to the spank, it was typical of her. So he just continued to focus on climbing through as the two approached their destination. He calmly listened to what Asaraa had to say, first up, and considered for a moment then how to respond. "Believe what you truly believe, deep down in your heart" Josh responded then. "But I want you to remember something... Something I don't think Yuroic has had a chance to teach you" Josh warned. "... Always remember that you are a person. That you are a human being. Not a tool, not a weapon... Not something that exists to hurt or kill. Even if it's to save someone. Never lose your humanity, or your empathy. Believe it or not... You can't be a proper Jedi without it."

He smirked lightly at Asaraa's reaction to his offer to recommend her to the Jedi Shadows. Though her question about the result of the mission made him roll his eyes afterwords. "Asaraa" He answered. "What is stealth? Blending in, not being discovered, yes? We were on Zeltros, what is going to blend in, and what is going to stand out?

Not all undercover and stealth-based work is based around being as quiet as possible, and keeping your head down. It's about reading your environment. Knowing your environment... Blending in and not drawing suspicious attention to yourself.

Our mission was to go undercover, blend in with the club's patrons, get enemy positions, then when the raid begun downstairs we were to secure the room. So answer me this... How does one accomplish that on Zeltros?"

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

[SIZE=11pt]When he was right he was right, there was no denying that, Josh was many things, but apparently he’d thought that particular one though. As loathe as the girl was to let him have this, she knew when she was beaten on this point. “Fiiine, I guess on this, and only this small thing, I’ve got to give it to you,” she allowed. “When on Zetross maybe being big and in your face is more suspicious than trying to sneak around unobserved. Maybe only on Zeltros but we’d have probably got in more trouble tryin to be sneaky down there. Not that we didn’t get into enough trouble as it is,” between a drunk padawan, a wookie knocking heads and a near riot...”You think that club would ever let us back in, tha night was some of the most fun I’ve ever had.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“So then Master...a related question.” The girl twisted to glance at Josh over her shoulder, “You said it’s important to keep your humanity, your empathy, but, is there a cost that’s worthwhile. Sometimes people discuss sacrificing one to save many, if one person has to dirty their hands, carry the weight to protect others...is that worth the cost?”[/SIZE]

"Sometimes a bit of perspective, helps. If I'm to recommend you to the Shadows, I'd suggest trying that" He would recommend. "Read the room. Know your enemies and allies alike. Know everything that could be useful. If you are planning an infiltration... You want to look, move, act and even feel the part. Anything for authenticity will reduce the risks of your standing out... Or worse, being discovered."

The mission had been... Unorthodox, but the job had been done and done right. Jyoti and Allyson might disagree with their methods, but they got results. And in a fashion that befitted a Jedi Shadow... Something he figured Jyoti would appreciate, and yet... But Asaraa's skill in the role could not be denied. For Josh, it was expected for him to be able to work those roles at any time considering his position. But Asaraa was a Padawan learner, and for her to hold that sort of skill now, it should be nurtured he knew. He'd figure it out. Though he laughed a bit when she would ask if they might be let back into the bar. "The old owners were arrested, so I'd assume it's under new ownership" Josh would respond with a shrug. "Might as well try. Sometime."

Asaraa presented him then with a loaded question. He thought on it a moment, though he also noted that he could see some light beginning to fill out ahead of them... Granted it was hard to see it much with her rear end almost in his face, but he was trying to look past that. Literally.

"Sacrificing one to save many... That's not easy to answer on" Josh would admit. "As much as we shouldn't try to be judge, jury and executioners... And as much as logic alone shouldn't dictate us, as heart and mind should work as one and benefit each other as a team... There are times where difficult decisions are going to crop up for a Jedi. All you can really do is go over all possibilities, all choices, all the variables you can... And then accept that the choice you made was done with everything you could. Regrets are things that will haunt you forever... If possible, don't make these decisions without being completely confident you've gone over every variable you can, and looked for every possible, more peaceful alternative that doesn't involve casualties. If you've done all you can... Then you shouldn't let regrets plague you. Nor feel you have failed.

Only way to keep your sanity well enough to protect said empathy for the future" He would advise, as the light ahead got ever brighter...

"As for the cost to ourselves, lifting the weight of so many on our shoulders... Yes" He spoke with a small smile. "I've done this for two decades. And I'd do it all again."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Two decades was a much longer time than she’d ever considered Josh had been at it. For all his lectures, for the ways he always seemed to have all the answers she’d never thought he’d been doing this for that long but then most of the Jedi that she’d come into contact with seemed to have that on her, the experience that carried them up into a whole new level from her, the experience that she could only one day aspire to.

“I get it, I can see what you’re saying but all the heroic tales, all the stories we’re told as younglings, the role models we’re given to aspire to. They mostly involve a heroic sacrifice, a Jedi who gave up their life, or their freedom for the greater good. And I get that’s a noble sentiment to aspire to but…I guess I’m afraid that when the time comes, when it’s my turn to be faced with that decision I’m going to fall short. I guess I like living too much, too much to look forward to. And so does everyone else.” She twisted slightly, glancing behind herself at the man crawling behind her, “Are you sure there isn’t some secret power you can teach me that lets us save everyone and still walk away smelling of roses?”

She didn’t really think that such a thing could exist, that would make life too easy, and she was finding anything that ended up like that had a tendency to make her a little suspicious these days. But even so…it was a nice dream to have for just a moment. “So, what you’re saying is, we just need to do the best we can, and then trust that we’ve done everything we can to get the best result and leave it at that? Cause honestly…I think I might find that a little hard to leave it to fate. I know myself better, I’m always going to be wondering what I could have done better.”

Josh didn't look the part, that was for sure. Not from a first look, anyway. Josh had started incredibly young, which led credence as to why the Order seemed to be so important to him even if other things such as Jason had taken his priority in recent years. But all one had to do was look into his eyes to see the experience behind them. He had seen much, learned much, experienced much. Perhaps more than his lifetime so far should have permitted... But it was what it was. When Asaraa asked her question though, he smiled sadly.

"No" He spoke quietly. "None of us greet the end with glee. That's just how it is. I haven't lived my full life yet, though as Scherezade's been one to tell me as of late... My life is no longer mine to give" He would reveal. "My life no longer became mine to give up for the Order when we had Jason. My life, when we had Jason, now belongs to him. I will use it to raise him to be who he needs to be, to be happy... And to protect him if it comes to it. Just as I would have given it for the Order for many years. It's not something I wanted to do, even if it's something I've attempted to do repeatedly... But it's something that I knew I'd have to do. And I accepted that. There is no easy cure to ensure that all goes well... You make do with what you've got."

He let out a sigh.

"This isn't easy, Asaraa. It never has been, and it never will be. I've been through much... Lost much. Lost many. Lost the two people I loved more than life itself" He spoke softly through telepathy. "This life, this role... It takes and takes and takes. And it doesn't give back a lot. To you, anyway. To others... To the people you save, to the people you bring salvation... It can bring them everything. But for you, it will forever be a largely unrewarding, thankless job."

He smiled lightly.

"Hasn't been all bad though. I've met many people. I've been provided the means to care for my family. I've seen many places, seen many things. I don't know if I could ask for much more."

To her final question, he answered simply. He would have looked at her when he said it, to reassure her, but all of her he could see at this point was her hindquarters. Not very reassuring.

"If you don't feel you are doing enough, go the extra mile. It's what I do."

They would meet the light, and Josh would pick up his pace to be able to peer through it once they reached the end of the tunnel. Squeezing through against Asaraa, Josh would pull out a pair of goggles and put them on, calibrating the electronic goggles to pick up life signatures. They'd found their quarry then. A group of Sith using this area as a base of worship of the dark side...

"Follow my lead."

Turning toward her a moment, he leaned over to tap his tongue to the back of her neck - signalling that he was the one to get the last laugh if he could help it in their prior game. Josh would immediately jump down before Asaraa could react, landing behind one of the darksiders and immediately drawing his lightsaber to slash them down with a shot through the shoulder. Taking them by surprise, he would hold out a hand and immediately begin launching a barrage of fireballs. HK meanwhile, was trying his best to wriggle past Asaraa to get to the battle.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Just before Josh could drop down into the midst of the Sith the padawan reached out with the force to prod at the man in front of her, nose wrinkling as she glared at him. "Sherezade's right, no sacrificing yourself in a glorious blaze of glory or whatever we have in mind when we decide it's our time to face the dark blazing...for Jason's sake..." Yeah that was it, it totally wasn't because there was a part of her that would feel sad if anything happened to the Jedi Master. He might be frustrating and annoying at times, but the truth was she had come to care for him in her own way and he was one of the Jedi in the order she felt closest too. So yeah, leaving his sone behind would be very bad, leaving his friends behind would be a sad feeling too.

And then he was gone, past the edge of the tunnel as the blossom of flames began, a wave of heat flicking back up the tunnel, washing over the girl as she reached back to tap HK on the shoulder, shaking her head at him as she closed her eyes, curling herself up into a ball, her boots pressing against the wall before she pushed, driving herself forward into the room as her lightsaber thrummed to life in her hand as she rested one hand on Josh's shoulder, tossing her lightsaber at the Sith as she used the man as a platform to let her direct herself down behind him, catching up her weapon on the force as it span towards their opponents.

"I know."

His tone was calm, but firm and absolute. He'd already heard this spiel from Scherezade repeatedly. No mortal sacrifices... He got it. He'd gotten an earful already, he knew. But Josh also knew that he could do more alive than he could do dead. To stay alive meant to be there to continue to help people, to continue to save lives, to continue to protect... Somehow, someway, he had to survive every situation that put itself in front of him, if he was to make the most of the life he had left.

As Josh would attack, the Sith would be forced to repel away from the sheer heat of the fire, as Josh would swap from fireballs to a steady flamethrower streaming from his hand. It would give an opening for Asaraa to cut one down using her spinning blade, and Josh would quickly deactivate his lightsaber before holding out both hands. Taking a deep breath, he would motion for Asaraa to duck using a prod with the Force as he would kick his legs out and spin himself out in the air, using the Force to keep himself airborne as he would begin spinning about, flames flying through the air using two different flamethrowers, one from each hand. Any Sith that weren't caught by the flames were forced to back off, giving Asaraa more opportunity while they were focused on averting the searing hot flames.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The young Jedi could feel the burning touch of the flames passing by her head, the sheer heat of the flames billowing out from the man's hands as he span round and round. She wasn't the only person driven to the ground by the searing heat, The air of the room seemed to shimmer with the heat but she could sense the Sith in the room as they were driven down to the floor around them. As long as Josh span they were in a stalemate, or well almost, there were those who were dancing around to avoid the flames, but while they were focused on that... The girl took a deep breath, counting a beat in her head before she uncoiled, launching herself up off the floor as she watched the spinning flames pass underneath her body, Just for a moment she hung there, one hand and one foot pressed against a wall, tapping into the force to hold herself in place, then she exploded forwards, silver blade reaching out in front of her as she barrelled towards a Sith. At hte last minute she twisted, flicking her blade out at one of the hapless Sith dancing out beyond Josh's flames as her hand flicked out, grabbing the saber hand of the man in front of her as she used the leverage to twist herself to the side as she heard a crack, the red-bladed weapon slipping from his nerveless fingers into her own as she held out her free hand, her own blade spinning back into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom