Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total noob looking for questions answered

King Arthur

Totally new, but slowly learning.
So, I am a total noob, not just to here, but to RP boards in general. I have a bunch of questions that I couldn't find the answer to, possibly because the answer hasn't been posted anywhere, but much more likely because I suck at navigating the website. Can someone help?

1:I see lots of characters with a list of skills, each one with a number next to it. Can someone explain these? Do I characters start out with any or do they get them over time?
2:What kind of items should I give my characters when I create them. I guess they need tools and weapons of some sort, but what's the limit on what they can and can't have?
3:The rules tell me that force sensitives need training. How do I get that and what can a force sensitive do with and without training?
4:We're given the option to equip characters with ships. Is there a limit on what ships we can start them off with? (I'm kind of guessing we're not just allowed to spawn in with an Executor Class Star Dreadnought, because that would be... um... silly.)
5:We're told to provide character art, but there's a rule against plagiarism. I can't draw. What do I do?

I'd be ever so grateful if someone would help me out.

[member="King Arthur"] Welcome!

1. Some people just like to keep track of their characters skills in a concrete way for others to understand them better. This is 100% optional. What you want your character to be good at or bad it is up to you. Just remember that all Force-users here start as Padawans/Acolytes so they won't be space wizards at anything right off the bat. Or at least they shouldn't be.

2. Totally up to you. When I started I just gave Matsu a lightsaber and said "go my child, conquer the galaxy". If you want to trick your character out (within reason), go for it but it's also not necessary. Just don't give them superweapons or something.

3. Training can be done with another player's character as your Master, or just be over time as you write if you'd rather be independent. "Training" is a pretty loose term around here. Develop your character, participate in faction or board events, write some fun threads, work on your character's ability and growth in those stories, and be a cool person OOC and you're golden. What you can do with and without training is just dictated by good sense. You'll know if you're doing something wrong.

4. Check the Factory Rules for ships. As an independent character, you can't have anything over 400m for a ship.

5. It's okay - just don't claim that you drew something yourself, and it's okay. :)

If you need anything clarified, or have more questions, just ask!

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="King Arthur"]

1. What skills you start off with are up to you. There is no real rules about this. Just be sensible in what you chose as your starting powers as a force user. The most common are telekinesis.
  2. There is a list of banned and restricted materials in the codex and factory. But ultimately your imagination is your limits. Thus no limits. Again it's all about been sensible.
  3. You can do this in many ways. Self teach yourself. Jump in on training threads or find a master.
  4. Your only limit is ship size of 400m you can fly anything that doesn't exceed that limit.
  5. You can use images from anywhere. All we ask is you provide the link or remove the image if the original artist asks.

[member="King Arthur"] Welcome to SWRP your grace!

Happy to help!

1. You do not need to have a list of skills. That is optional. You may if you choose, but generally people just take the use common sense approach for things like Force powers and such.

2. Your character can have anything within normal reason, canon items are allowed. You could have your own freighter ship if you wanted, a dozen different blasters, a house, etc. Anything logical. You couldn't for example, just have a star destroyer as your ship.

3. Force sensitives can get training through other characters, either written by other people, or yourself as an NPC. You can also study things like holocrons, personal research, or just RP in threads to discover powers on your own. (The latter is mostly how I approached Jamie's training for a while, before obtaining an actual master.) Basically whatever you prefer.

4. You cannot have massive ships owned by your character. They are restricted to minor and major factions. Individuals cannot own ships over 400m

5. You can use any freely available image on the internet. You just can't claim to have created that image unless you actually did. Otherwise we would likely all be in trouble lol.

Welcome to Chaos, [member="King Arthur"]!

I can see you already got plenty of good answers to your questions. Don't hesitate if you have more! As you can probably tell, we're a helpful bunch. :) Hope you find what you're looking for with us. Looking forward to see what you do in the future.

Enjoy your stay!

[member="King Arthur"].

Firstly, welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

1. The characters with numbers to the next of it detonates there ability with it from my understanding. So for instance, if I had a list of force powers, with a range of 1-10, I would have 1 as being completely knew, and 10 as you mastering it to your highest levels. It depends on the character you want to make. You can decide the skills that he/she has, although site rules do state that you must start out as a Padawan unless you are transferring your character from another board.

2. Again, it really depends on the character you want to make. If your making a Jedi, or a Sith, traditional things that they might have is a lightsaber, a ship, and a pistol, and so forth. A lot of the items aren't specific to characters that are force sensitive, or not, or a Jedi/Sith, and a soldier. For instance, each of them can have stuff like ships, armor, pistols, rippers, and so forth.

3. You can get force training from doing threads. It really does depend. The First Order, Galactic Alliance, Mandalorians, Iron Empire, and Silver Sanctum Coalition each have masters, or people that could train you. I would advice picking either the Galactic Alliance, or First Order, as there are very active, but each faction can has people that can train you.

4. From my understanding, a personal ship can have a maximum length of 400 m long. That's the limit for a character, regardless of who they are.

5. You can just search for an image on google. We have an Arts & Requests board, and most people usually can make you avatars.

Once again, good luck on the site, King Arthur. If you need more help, don't hesitate to private message me, or ask anyone else/private message them questions.

[member="King Arthur"]

Welcome to the board! It seems like everyone has answered most of your questions, but don't be afraid to PM any one on staff to answer them. The people that are in charge of the factory and codex are [member="Cira"] (factory) [member="Silencia"] (Codex) so if you have questions for either of those forums they're the best people to poke. Anything else, most of the admins (red names) and rpjs (ugly butt mustard orange) can help as well.

So if you have any more questions there are so many answers, don't be afraid to PM - I'm usually quick to answer ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom