Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tomb Raiding on Korriban

Korriban, sometime before the Galactic Alliance attacked it.

Deep within the Sith Academy, Overseer Wachi gave instructions to Daeron on his next task.

“Acolyte,” the Overseer began, “Lord Aviva’s come to find information of a newly discovered secret chamber deep within the Tomb of Tulak Hord. The inscriptions found say there’s an artifact buried within.”

With a few taps on his datapad, Overseer Washi transmits this data to Daeron’s own datapad.

“Needless to say, your task is to delve into this chamber, find this artifact, and bring it to me,” the Overseer told Daeron.

As you wish,” Daeron replied with a slight bow.

Typical of other acolytes without a formal master, Daeron wore a basic tunic and carried an electroblade training sword.

“Your have permission to kill anyone that tries to stop you,” the Overseer informed Daeron, “You don’t have to imagine how painful your death will be if you fail.”

Understood, Overseer,” Daeron replied with his head still lowered.

“Now go,” Wachi ordered Daeron as he gestured the acolyte to leave.

After some travel time, Daeron took a hover bike to the outskirts of the Valley of the Dark Lords. He pulled up his datapad’s map to get a gauge of where to go.

Once he got his bearings, Daeron dismounted the bike and began to make his way into the Valley…

Onrai Onrai

In Umbris Potestas Est
One of the many benefits of having consumed a primordial entity was the ability to do things limited minds could not comprehend. To manifest things in places they could not be manifested. To deny the very concept of reality and exist wholly in two places at one time. But to do these things, one had to lose the concept of fixed reality and the mortal limitations.

Vanessa was already experimenting with that.

Here she stood in the Valley of the Dark Lords, her form identical to that which was standing on the world of Dantooine. It was a wholly new experience to be individually manifested in multiple places, but her avatar here was quite a culture shock.

The presence of a much lesser darkness, that of an acolyte, entered the Valley. Likely another sent on some sort of quest. Her form became less explicitly humanoid, growing more indistinct and shadowed as it melted away behind a nearby boulder - her own darkness likely blended well into the effervescent presence of the corruption within the very air of the valley.

Perhaps this could be an intriguing individual to take under her wing.

Daeron Daeron

Daeron marched toward the Tomb of Tulak Hord. He gave no reaction to Onrai Onrai secretly observing him.

Eventually, Daeron found himself before a lone, hungry Tuk’ata. As it glared at the acolyte, he drew the training electroblade. He stared at the beast and slowly paced – waiting for the animal to make the first move.

What ensued was Daeron savagely beating the creature to a pulp. He would avoid the Tuk’ata’s attacks and countered with weight behind his swings. Eventually, he crippled the beast and it collapsed before Daeron.

Broken on the ground, the beast continued to leer at Daeron. The acolyte swung the electroblade one more time to end the Tuk’ata’s life.

This event repeated a few more times with the Korriban wildlife until Daeron reached the known and open entrance of Tulak Hord’s Tomb.

If undisturbed, Daeron would continue forward – following the information on his datapad.

In Umbris Potestas Est
The wraith of Vanessa's incarnation on this world had observed the ruthlessness of the young acolyte. He was certainly fitting Sith material, but whether Daeron was in fact what she was looking for - or who she perceived him to potentially be - was a completely different question. As Daeon entered into the tomb of Tulak Hord, the entirety of the room seemed to distort and twist, as though there was a corruption of the very environment, like the shifting of a hologram. The shade crept across the ceiling of the tomb, its eyes still there upon the apprentice.

The legacy of Apparatus returns... does it? Said an indistinct whisper that seemed to come from the entire tomb.

Daeron Daeron

Daeron finally entered the Tomb of Tulak Hord. He paused once he stepped through the threshold. Blinked several times. He examined the diverging paths from the antechamber. Squinting. K’lor’slug molting littered the floors. Daeron then glanced at his datapad.

A gathering darkness infected the ruins – fitting for the name of who was entombed within.

In the past, Tulak Hord’s Tomb welcomed many Sith pilgrims. The Sith Onrai Onrai envisioned once visited this very tomb. It has existed for well over six thousand years. Many easily found artifacts have been claimed by Sith and looters over the years. Yet occasionally, a previously unknown section or puzzle of the tomb gets discovered.

After examining his datapad, Daeron took a path to the left and began a slow trek through the tomb. His eyes kept scanning his surroundings – looking for any sign of k’lor’slugs or opportunistic rival acolytes. He continued to not react to Vanessa’s actions.

If not confronted by Vanessa, it would be a lengthy journey. Daeron would kill a few k’lor’slugs along the way with the same physicality as with the tuk’ata. All until he stopped before an unassuming wall...

In Umbris Potestas Est
Such ignorance... Ignorance of an interested wraith. Truly I'm a bit disappointed, young one. The voice continued, more clear as to who exactly the individual in question was. Once he was about halfway through the tomb, a wall of shadow proper would coalesce before him - a deliberate interference on her part to mimic a presumed trap or barricade within the tomb that had been triggered by Daeron's incursion.

"You know, it's quite impolite to ignore the inquisitions of someone." She said, voice sounding as though it was coming from the wall itself. An attempt to press against it or travel through it would fail to work as the wall itself was quite solid despite seemingly being made of liquid shadow. "I am Onrai, the mother of the one you call Typhojem, the Left-Handed God." So it was that her first step in establishing her new identity to one she had or had not met before was going to prove glaringly obvious.

Daeron Daeron

The whisper from before finally manifested itself before Daeron. Once the mass of darkness began to coalesce in front of the acolyte, he took a few steps back as he lowered the datapad with one hand. His second drifted toward his electroblade.

Daeron frowned as Onrai Onrai gave an introduction that referenced a name plastered on many tombs on Korriban. Something Daeron recognized and blinked several times in response.

After taking a shallow breath, Daeron replied with, “I’m Daeron.

At that point, he had stowed his datapad away. His hand still hovered near his holstered weapon.

Since Onrai had not yet attacked, Daeron felt compelled to ask, “What do you want?

In Umbris Potestas Est
“A pleasure to meet you, Daeron.” The wall seemed to dissipate, exposing within a shadowed, indistinct form. There were no visible features to her face - she seemed to have hair, eyes, a nose... but it was as though she was but one texture: the black of the void. “What I want is to develop you. Mold you into a being of exceptional power and intelligence who can effectively alter galactic affairs for the better. Not the betterment people want - but the betterment people need. I have existed for long enough to see the cycles of the galaxy repeat themselves - light and dark, light and dark... their cycle eternal. As the Sith wane, the Jedi wax. As the Jedi reach their nadir, so the Sith approach their apex.” She said.

“My children were always so brusque. So eager to throw themselves away for their petty goals of power. Typhojem was a peculiar one given he loathed humans. Such was why the Sith were his chosen species, along with the Yevetha and others. There is a task you can do for me, a task to begin this - but first you must find what it is you came here to seek.”

she turned away from the acolyte. “Follow me. Kill as you must.”

Daeron Daeron

Daeron listened to Onrai Onrai offer to teach him. No word of how this benefited the being.

His frown intensified.

Though, Daeron knew he was not the first to find a strange spirit within tombs. In addition, sometimes these apparitions become patrons to living Sith – Marka Ragnos being one well known example in Sith lore.

With Onrai Onrai wanting Daeron to continue on his initial quest, the acolyte silently retrieved his datapad once more. His second hand drifted away from his weapon. He examined the data he had before he began to poke and manipulate buttons embedded within the wall that Onrai materialized from.

A puzzle – a well hidden one, too. Yet the information Overseer Washi found revealed enough information to find its location and determine its solution. In minutes, Daeron solved it. A mechanism within the tomb revealed a door to go through the wall and into a secret chamber.

Daeron walked through the secret entrance and panned his head around – looking for sight of Onrai.

In Umbris Potestas Est
“A clever one. Your intellect serves you well, as does your ability to perceive that which others have not.” For him to have found something left unnoticed by generations of Sith was, to say the least, remarkable. It suggested strongly to Onrai that this was in fact the appropriate student to ascend throughout the ranks. Her form was manifested on the far side of the new chamber.

“I don’t suppose I have to remind you to keep your senses peeled for the traps that will likely appear.” She said, observing the circumstances in question. “Your success or failure here may determine what kind of future you have - or if you will have a future.” Failure would presumably either lead to death or result in his death, after all.

Daeron Daeron

A compliment from Onrai Onrai . Daeron just tensed up. Before him was a hallway that lead to a large chamber. A stone tablet sat upon an altar in the middle of the chamber. Onrai’s form stood on the far side of the hallway and chamber.

The info on the datapad neglected to mention any details of the hallway or room ahead. Daeron was likely the first visitor in this part of the tomb in ages. He tucked his datapad away and began to slowly inch forward.

Eventually, Daeron’s foot stepped upon a plate that sunk into the ground. A mechanism activated and shook this secret area. Daeron had just reached the end of the hallway and the threshold of the newly discovered chamber.

Immediately, Daeron jumped back.

However, no pit opened up before Daeron for him to fall into. No spikes appeared. No poison darts flew out.

Instead, a loud SLAM echoed within the chamber.

And then another.

And then the stone floor before the altar exploded. A hungry terentatek emerged from its prison. Its eyes locked onto Daeron instantly and it lunged forward to attack the acolyte.

Daeron drew his electroblade – intent on fighting the beast. Onrai could either assist or allow the acolyte to sink or swim…

In Umbris Potestas Est
"No, no..." She said, and as the Terentatek lunged towards Daeron, he would find it to have frozen, as though it were in some sort of stasis field. "that puny acolyte's weapon isn't suited for the destruction of this beast." The shade manifested herself next to the apprentice in question, arm seemingly forced into its inky exterior as it withdrew a weapon that for all intents and purposes looked like an ordinary lightsaber with a number of metal tassels extending from the blade end. "Take this. It is a far more useful weapon against the beast. Let your fear, anger, and hatred fuel it - it will serve you well during this trial." She said.

So it was that her spectre once more disappeared and the Terentatek would begin to slowly move forward towards the acolyte, a continuation of its past motion. Plenty of time for Daeron to activate the weapon and kill the beast.

Daeron Daeron

Daeron accepted the weapon from Onrai Onrai . He examined it as the specter continued to speak – giving a raised eyebrow. Daeron search for a button on the Darkwhip – something like that on a lightsaber after having assumed he was holding a lightwhip. During this, he kept holding the electroblade with one hand.

Then, Onrai released her grip on the terentatek. Daeron’s attention snapped back to the beast. Just before the creature reached Daeron, he managed to leap to the side. He rolled away before he managed to recover on his feet.

The terentatek roared after its attack missed. Saliva dripped from its mouth as it turned to Daeron once more.

Daeron grimaced. He still failed to activate the Darkwhip. If given no assistance or guidance, he would have to deal with the terentatek with his own means…

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Focus!" the form said, now manifested on the back of the Terentatek's head-spines and grasping at its tusks with her hands, pulling them upwards and forcibly keeping the creature's mouth shut. "Let the fear, the hatred, the raw emotion channel into the weapon and activate it. Then strike the beast down and claim your prize!" The Sith abomination continued to futilely raise its arms up to grab at her, but failed to - though it did eventually decide to ram itself head-first into a wall in the hope of slaying her, its forehead partially impaled in the wall as it sought to force itself free.

You have the power to do so. Like Apparatus did. Do it! The voice of Onrai returned, indicating she was not dead, though she was still present and able to reform her manifestation if needed.

Daeron Daeron

Daeron’s brows furrowed as he listened to the shape’s words. The concept of a Forcesaber did not exist in his head.

Ah,” Daeron hummed.

Onrai Onrai wrestling with the terentatek gave Daeron time to think. The beast bucked and shook to try to throw her off. It smashed into a wall. Daeron saw that it took steps in its attempts to rid itself of Onrai.

Alright then,” Daeron said as he committed to using the tools at hand. No direct response to Onrai’s last statement.

With one hand grasping the Darkwhip, Daeron lashed out with it. No activation followed, yet the whip managed to wrap around the beast’s ankles. He pulled tightly. He would not have the strength alone the topple the terentatek, yet it would fall due to its own actions. The beast attempted to take another step – only to trip from the unactivated Darkwhip.

Immediately, Daeron lunged forward to attack the creature. He attempted to stab the electroblade into one of the terentatek’s eyes. While the blade was not meant to kill, it was of sturdy construction while the beast’s eyes were soft and weak.

If Onrai did not interfere, Daeron’s strike would land and he would drive the electroblade into the terentatek’s brain. However, she was already in a position to easily protest Daeron’s methods.

In Umbris Potestas Est
A sigh crossed her lips as the apprentice managed to effectively kill the Terentatek, having proven unable to use the aid she had provided to him. Still his slaughter of the Terentatek had proven effective - she would seek to do something with the carcass, if such was actually possible. "I can at least say that you managed to work skillfully around your limitations, which you seem to have more of a grasp of than most I've encountered as time's gone by." She gave what was presumably a smile from her manifestation, reformed next to the dead beast as a hand extended, requesting the return of the unused weapon.

It was, for now, useless to him, after all.

Daeron Daeron

While the beast laid dead, Daeron’s hands still shook. Adrenaline coursed through his veins. He pulled the electroblade out of the Terentatek and uncoiled the Darkwhip from its legs. He saw Onrai Onrai extend a hand, to which Daeron replied by giving the Darkwhip back.

Thank you,” Daeron told her.

Then, the acolyte turned to his goal. The stone tablet. He approached the altar and got close enough to see the tablet’s contents. Ancient Sith writing. Very ancient, given the age of the tomb. Daeron took the plaque with one arm. To his relief, nothing happened.

Turning to Onrai, Daeron told her, “I’m done with my task, I just need to return to the academy.

In Umbris Potestas Est
"That's good." She said. "Once you get back, you will be told by the Overseer that an order has come in indicating that someone is interested in taking you as an apprentice. A shuttle will be waiting for you with the appropriate paperwork for your assignment to your master. Take the opportunity, and your sojourn through the darkness will begin." The shadowy form began to seemingly leach back into the stone of the tomb once more. "I look forward to seeing your next moves."

With that, Onrai was once more gone. Even her voice was no longer there - Daeron truly was alone once more.

Daeron Daeron

After a moment to process what Onrai Onrai said, Daeron replied with, “Understood.

Once alone, Daeron made his way out of the tomb and back to the Sith Academy. There was no opportunistic rival acolyte to threaten his journey.

Without delay, Daeron presented the stone tablet to Overseer Wachi.

“Excellent, Acolyte,” the Overseer said as he accepted the tablet and examined the carvings on it for a moment.

“With this, I can surpass Lord Aviva and take her place,” the Overseer admitted aloud as his eyes devoured the sight of the ancient Sith artifact.

Daeron’s expression remained as a blank canvas.

Turning his gaze to Daeron, the Overseer then told him, “It seems that someone wishes to take you as an Apprentice, too. An order came in for you to depart immediately.”

Again, Daeron’s face gave no indication of his feelings.

Anger flashed across the Overseer’s face. While still holding the tablet with one hand, he extended the other toward Daeron – who stood across the office. With the Force, the Overseer telekinetically grasped Daeron’s throat. The Acolyte was shoved into the wall and lifted up a couple feet.

“I’ve been reporting you as a failure all for this moment,” the Overseer confessed, “So Aviva and no other Lord would notice you – any time in the past and up to the tomb.”

Daeron gasped. His hands clutched at his throat.

“Tell me, filth,” the Overseer continued, “What have you been doing behind my back?”

Daeron might be late to the shuttle, especially if left to deal with this by himself.

In Umbris Potestas Est
“Nothing you should concern yourself with, whelp.” A misted and shadowy hand physically grasped the throat of the Overseer, the rest of the shadowed form of Daeron’s guardian Angel - or demon - slowly coalescing from it. “Understand that within the grand scheme of the universe, you are nothing and will never be anything. I have lived since the days when the galaxy was filled with naught but a single form of life. I mothered many species, crafted from the dust of this universe and molded in my own dimensional demesne, the land of Dark Illathurion.” From the claw like hand, barbs began to creep out of lengthening digits that burrowed themselves into the flesh of the overseer’s face. A bit of pressure was exerted, the barbs gently tearing at the flesh and tugging at it, so dangerously ripping it away from his dermis.

“End your assault on him. I have chosen him as the first to guide. His worth will far surpass your own and I will make him such an instrument that the Sith Empire will rest upon him like a pillar supporting a font. Obey my command, or suffer the wrath of the Mother of Typhojem.” The part of Onrai that still maintained her prior perception of mortality warmly appreciated the job she was doing, though how intimidatory she was did not necessarily come clear.

Perhaps she would have to punish him regardless of his decision.

Daeron Daeron

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom