Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tomb Hunter

Sicaruis Hekate was meditating on her ship. It was a standard Fury Class Interceptor she had managed to acquire over the objections of it’s former owner. Pilots they could be so linear in their decision, see threat attack threat, the fool hadn’t even checked his suits oxygen apparatus. An industrial accident no one to blame, Sicarius just happened to be next in line of the application process. Atleast she had been when the next three in line had inexplicably either fallen to similar catastrophes. Airlock malfunctions, weapons overloads. Eventually a pilot in the program had wisely offered it to her as a ‘gift’.

Sicarius supposed she could have just requisitioned it or duelled any of the rubes in the pilot program, but there was something to be said for dealing with your problems with tact and subtlety. If she killed too many useful tools outright she may get the attention of someone higher up. Such attentions were best avoided unless as a result of carefully arranged circumstance. Get the attention of the wrong Darth on the wrong day. Then her career and more importantly her life was forfeit. Besides while the Fury Class was a useful interceptor it lacked the necessary room and attachments Sicarius would eventually need for her own personal Starship. Going on this mission provided a useful opportunity for a test drive to see if the base components would suffice before she spent the time, effort and resources on upgrading it to her own personalisations.

Sicarius was awakened by the proximity beacon alert, she piloted the ship to landing outside the objective of her mission. What the nature of this mission exactly was she didn’t know. Sicarius had received a vision, like most force visions it was vague, hazey and unclear at best, but she saw and understood enough to recognise her homeworld. So here she was

Dathomir. Specifically the Tomb of Kujet. Who while not a Sith himself was still a legendary powerful wielder of the Dark Side. Much like the Nighsisters. Considering the last time she had ben to her homeworld had been when she was helping to put down a pathetic rebellion of a particular faction of Nightsisters, Sicarius found it curious that the Force was guiding her back home.

Hopefully whatever lay within would be to her benefit. Ideally power of course, but knowledge would be almost as good, an acceptable use of her time. The right knowledge was power after all. In her experience it only furthered her own mastery of the force or of her… other proclivities. Which reminded her that she should probably find a Rancor pup while she was on the planet. She had read some fascinating records of mutated Rancors by the Dark Side.

Sicarius approached and sensed the Dark Side swell within, she breathed deep closing her eyes as the wind rattled around her. Much like one would do on a beach or clif by the ocean. Only the ocean spray was the Dark Side itself. It was… delectable. Sicarius waved her hand wielding enough of the Dark Side in a force push to identify her as acceptable to the Tombs natural defences.

Interesting

Sicarius took a moment to study them. Tomb Guardians. Clearly they were designed to protect the tomb from anyone not wielding the Dark Side. That discovery and acquisition alone would be worth the trip. Sicarius activated them and set them on stand by mode. She’d be able to order them on board on the way out.

Sicarius ventured further in.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Bright4 Bright4

tpuAKtr.gif

You would've thought they had learned their lesson regarding Tombs. Dark, or Light included. And yet, here they were. Aayla stepped up to the entrance of the tomb, turning to peer out at the horizon of Dathomir. Certainly, the Dark Side was more prominent in this place that the light; and yet it didn't get to her. What she was keenly aware of, was the feeling of being watched. The Night Sisters were known to defend their lands fiercely. Hopefully they at least gave them a chance to explain themselves, and didn't just go straight for bloodshed. Pulling her robes about herself with her hoody raised, Aayla would let her eyes falter from the horizon, to Kadan; a smirk leaving her lips. "I heard that the witches here can make you go insane by whispering in your ear..." She said, honestly hearing that rumor, but only repeating it to mess with Kadan.

When he got closer, she would turn and continue about; eyes peering at the colossal structure with curiosity.
"You think we'll ever be renown enough to have stuff like this built for us?" She joked, having been the very same person that had joked about being content to die before fifty.

Bright4 Bright4

2FS8YbB.png

WATCH YOUR STEP
Dathomir was a world of ancient lore, and even greater power. He had done his research on it on Coruscant, and truthfully, the things that called this place home were unsettling. Nightsisters weren't the only thing one need fear, there a great deal of monsters that needed to be taken care of before one could even consider themselves safe. Reaching out in the force, Kadan felt the soupy mists of the world wither at the end of his senses, almost as if thy planet was trying to obstruct his connection with the force. It was all a trick, as he knew, Dathomir was a world strong in the force, and it often tricked those who felt were opposed to it. At least, that's what the tomes had told him. Of course, that didn't stop Aayla from trying to pick at him. He snickered at her attempt to worry him, knowing that there were far worse things the sisters could do to a person if the reports were to be believed. "Curious, I heard they ride large spiders to travel up the mountains, and that the crevices here are full of their eggs." He fired back, knowing just which button of Aayla's to hit. The Spider clan certainly had been mentioned in the histories, but scholars were not certain if they actually rode giant spiders or not.​
He'd leave that question for Aayla to figure out.​
He gave a solid leap up the walk way, landing beside Aayla as they had arrived at the tomb. Grinning like an idiot, he looked upon it for a moment, seemingly satisfied with this discovery. Though, it was merely the start of their adventure. "I mean it depends, we could be the tomb of the foolish padawans." He answered, nudging her with his elbow. "I mean, this is what the third site we've gone to that we most certainly shouldn't be at? Starting to think I might be a bad influence on you." Of course, they had just as much influence on one another as their bond would allow. Weathering whatever sass Aayla might throw his way, they'd continue on, eyes studying the ancient structure before them, as the all too familiar cold sought to drift their way, looking to swallow them in it's icy maw.​

hZFxlpS.png

Metis shivered against the cold, or atleast she hoped it was just the cold. Not that she could entirely convince herself of that. The presence in this place was… haunting. The entire planet the mists were saturated in it, but this Tomb was worst. She could feel the suffering, could almost fell the presence who were slaughtered, who were sacrificed. Metis could swear she heard the ghosts of those poor souls who were trapped here. Metis had heard rumours about the Nightsisters of Dathomir, that they used the Force to summon the spirits to give them magical powers. From what she had read it was a twisted version of afterlife, not like the purity that becoming one with the Force was supposed to bring.

She jumped out of her skin at Aayla’s comment, her first reaction was to scowl in annoyance, before she let out a bemused huff off breath at her teasing.

I’m pretty sure I’m hearing their whispers right now” Metis admitted in annoyance.

Metis rolled her eye’s as their other companion joined in on the teasing.

The report said Rancors not spiders” Metis corrected primly “Which in my opinion are much more dangerous”

Metis scowl returned as they continued to mock and tease this place of sacrilege

“This is a Tomb,” Metis continued to lecture, “This is a perversion of the Force. It is a place of death, pain, torture and suffering. No one should want such a place built for them let alone to leave as their only legacy.”

Metis rubbed her arms to get rid of the goosebumps. Metis sighed

“Besides this is nothing compared to the Theed Palace on Naboo"
Metis bragged “There are towers four times this big.”

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Bright4 Bright4 Bright4 Bright4

Sicarius was enjoyed the emersion of the Dark Side. The pain, the suffering, it was filling her up and all around her. She usually had to torture someone in front of their family for even a taste of this amount of despair, and even that only lasted but brief moments in comparison. She was so distracted by it she almost missed the incoming presence of… Jedi.

Jedi!” Sicarius eyes snapped open and she hissed the word. Sicarius growled, as she felt multiple presence.

Always ruining their fun,. She wasn’t even directly causing the pain which she was enjoying, the souls here were long gone and beyond her reach. It was like disturbing someone at a graveyard for smiling to themselves. In this case their sacred places of worship. It was just plain rude.

So this was her purpose here to sacrifice some Jedi pups to the altar of the Tomb. Perhaps doing so would claim the Tomb as her own. She had always wanted a base of operations. She had considered making it a mobile one. A Dreadnought or space station perhaps, but that could take years when she could claim this sanctum as her own. It was already ideal in many ways.

Sicarius looked at the problem in detail running through the scenarios in her head. It could be a Master and Padawan or it could be a small strike team. While she felt confident in her combat abilities particularly since most Jedi spent more time studying than in a real fight. Either way she was still outnumbered, but that didn’t mean she was outmatched. She was sitting in a literal Nexus of Dark Energy, and Inquisitors like herself always preferred dealing with potential problems indirectly if they could. Any brute could hack a man down, but why bother when you can send your own Brute to do it for you. Sicarius smirked as the solution presented itself to her.

“Guardians” Sicarius smirked muttered harnessing the flown “Do your duty!”

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Bright4 Bright4 Bright4 Bright4

tpuAKtr.gif

Touchy, touchy... She told Kadan not to bring anyone else along on their adventures; damn bright eyed padawan. This girl better not get on her nerves. She would just turn and nod to her, offering a light bend of her form as she did so. "Shouldn't joke about those kinds of things... Sorry." She would say, glancing between Bright4 Bright4 and Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis . After the latter had spoken, Aayla raised a hand and wagged a finger pointedly in her direction.

"YOU, clearly haven't seen a Wyyyschokk... Actually, I don't even think its fair to put a Wyyyscho' in the same realm as a spider; they're just death on legs. I'd take Rancor over Wyyyscho' every time. I can at least run from a Rancor pretty easily. Plus..."

She picked up a pebble, and belted it at Kadan, aiming to hit him in the shoulder; for likely no damage.

"He's just messing with me cause he knows I can't stand those things, anything with eight legs that creeps about..."

Aayla brushed her hands, and folded her arms over her chest as she looked at the place.

"Any ideas on how we get in? Oh and me and Kadan have some experience with this stuff... If we got in here and suddenly start insulting each other; there's a chance we're being manipulated... Almost killed each other last time." She said in a joking tone of voice; although the story told was anything but...

2FS8YbB.png

OFF TO A GREAT START
Leave it to Aayla to start a disagreement. They hadn't even found their first monster and they were already arguing about who was right or wrong. He didn't quite get it, but then again, he didn't understand women at times. He looked to their new companion, amused that she was so unaccustomed to these sorts of exploits. While he and Aayla were getting rather good at it. "Hey, don't worry. Aayla's just teasing, we've done this at least twice now. Right?" He asked, honestly having trouble remembering what it was they had done before this. He was curious if perhaps Aayla was jealous that there was someone else in their company, often it was just the pair doing this sort of thing, and another girl on top of that. Only one way to find out. "It depends, in the culture of the Mandalorians, some great leaders would decorate their tombs to announce their great victories or achievements in their life times. They can be quite grand reminders of better times, though dark as they may be." He was starting to wonder if Master Kiara's words were starting to get to him, he felt his words were far more flowery ever since he began to learn under her.​
Taking a pebble to the shoulder, Kadan gripped his shoulder as if he had been shot, before waving off Aayla's comments. "I think it's anything with more than four legs, but you did take out that acklay on Felucia, so what do I know." 'You know nothing'. Aayla was probably going to say that, leave it to Aayla to always try and get the last word in. "As for Naboo, I haven't an idea. Never been there myself." Maybe he'd find a way to bring Aayla there at some point, they could use some r&r after their last three attempts at it had failed.​
He felt a ripple in the force as the pair talked, like a sharp wind cutting through the dark fogs of this place, a command had been given, something dark uttered forth it's desires, and the tomb sought to obey it; or perhaps it was a mere trick in his mind. Kadan straightened, his brow frowning, before the words of his companions distracted him. "I'd say so, yes. Though, that was also our first time together, so we weren't expecting it. Now, I think we'll be a little more cautious." The pair had learned to develop their force bond even stronger than before, and were learning more and more about it as the days passed. By now, it felt like they could be in perfect unison if they so desired; of course, actually doing so was difficult. Snippets of the past struck Kadan suddenly, bringing him to a halt, as visions from the past slammed into his skull. Ritual sacrafices, mass killings, dark magics, all of which criss crossed over one another, as eons of the traditions and rites occured before him in the manner of nanoseconds. Kadan snapped out of it, though his brow was streaked with sweat, his eyes widened. Something had triggered this upon him, unlike before. He spoke briskly, giving a short warning. "Metis, stay near me. Aayla, I just a felt something powerful at work here." He didn't even have to tell her, she would have felt his distress the moment the visions were sprung.​
He couldn't help but feel on edge now, as something certainly was being shifted within this place, he just couldn't fathom what it might be. "I sense something, illusive."
He didn't know the half of it.​

hZFxlpS.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom