Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Take a Man's Freedom

Moff Iridius

M
The elder woman continued to their conversation at a more private booth wanting to not disturb the other patrons at the bar, surly it would seem disrespectful towards the vagabonds and criminal filth that this place had to offer. Sitting there with Dirk the woman tapped her fingers on the table and coughed once more, this place was starting to take its toll on her, the fumes and heaviness in the air was a lot for her old lungs to take in at once. But she had to soldier on in the name of science, truly she had a few plans of her own that didn't concern the empire. She needed sons and men like Dirk

"Please dearie if you would be so kind as to answer the questions and I can leave. This place is a bit much for my old soul." she coughed once more and chuckled looking at the man still as friendly as an old woman could be

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk raised an eyebrow slightly but kept his face impassive for the most part. He gave a dry chuckle Aaron the leadership question, and shook his head. "Can't say I do. My bosses do though." A subtle and indirect answer for the organization question. No need to go spilling his true identity here. That would get people killed. Friends, and those who were less than friends, but still valuable. His eyes widened at her honesty though. Was she crazy? Or just naive? He forced a small smile, eyeing the crowds nervously. "You've never been here before, have you? It's dangerous to be so honest. He gave a slight cough. "Which empire are you referring to?" He would need to it an officer on her tail, since this was now Republic space. He wasn't entirely sure who she was, but a potential threat was a real possibility. "But I will return a little of your trust. I am Drajik Ralladan, spacer."

Moff Iridius

M
The woman shook her head and coughed, she had not been here before. Only her probes and drones gathering information on the republic Jedi and troopers on how they fought. Grabbing a small tissue she held it up to her mouth to help herself breath by acting as a small filter for the thick heavy smoke that lingered in the air. "No I have not son, but it is not as nice as my children have told me." the elder woman cackled a bit then sighed trying not to let the smoke get to her, truly this place was not for her.

"Galactic Empire, I do some side work for their shipyards. But I mostly get finding through Titan." She looked at the man the tissue still up to her mouth and nose, it helped to a degree at least she was no longer coughing her guts out. Though she was more than safe here, she wouldn't risk her safety by coming alone. "I'm not alone, my son is here. And he tells me you aren't who you say you are." the woman cackled then coughed as the napkin left her mouth @Dirk Ellerden

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk nodded at the admission she hadn't been there before. "I could tell. Good way to get yourself killed." He paused as she tried to reign in her coughing. He hadn't noticed it actually, but then, he'd had quite a bit more exposure, going back since childhood actually. He was probably addicted and didn't know it. Or not. Studies on the long term side effects were inconclusive. "Not sure I'd trust your kids then, if they said this place was nice." That was a risk though. Nothing quite as annoying as having an identity compromised. Computer slicer? Mole? Keen security? He shrugged. "You're the only person on this rock who is probably who you say you are. Safer that way." Galactic empire then. Right. Formerly Atrisian empire. Not a major threat anyways, then. Working for Titan for the most part. Probably one of the barely legitimate scientists then who skirted ethics.

Moff Iridius

M
"Well would you rather I lie to you then? I'm not that much of a monster." The woman sighed then put the napkin back up onto her mouth, this was probably going to take years off her already old life. "Tell me sweetheart, would you mind if I took you and turned you into one of my children?" the elder woman smiled under her napkin and tapped her fingers against the table, it was a rather terrifying question to ask a man. She wanted to take him for her own and change him into something he wasn't "I'm asking nicely right now so please say yes. You show amazing signs of leadership and that's what my children need right now, a leader. Someone unlike me who knows right from wrong and can guide them."

The woman sighed this was the part of the conversation that got awkward, she would have to listen to him ramble on or watch him walk away. His type of people always did, with their insufferable holier than thou attitude to life and people like herself who would do anything to make her dreams come true @Dirk Ellerden

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk raised an eyebrow. That was an odd view of a monster. But so be it. Twisted views of morality were not uncommon in the types he dealt with. But the part about being turned into one of her children was rather creepy. It sent a chill through his bones, and a slight twinge of nausea. This was serious then. He needed more information. He leaned forward, resting his chin on his hands. "I'd rather know what I'm getting into before making a decision."

@Dr.Marie Krasnican

Moff Iridius

M
"Ah yes then, I will have to show you." the woman removed the napkin and set it down on the table, "Rolland, my sweet child please come in." The woman coughed once more and clapped her hands before putting the make shift filter back on her face. This place was truly awful for a woman like her. "I'd like to introduce you to my son Rolland." the woman sighed in relief as she could breath a bit more easy. Soon afterwards a rather loud stomping sound could be heard coming from the entrance of bar.

Walking into the bar was a figure standing over seven feet tall and covered in head to toe in armor Rolland 002 stared at the rather small man as he approached the table. "Mom." he said in a cold emotionless voice "Mr.Dirk" Rolland's HUD lite up with information on the man, the sector rancors and his post in the republic. With a rifle strapped to his back and lightsaber on his side his helmet aimed in the direction of dirk. "I would rather have this done the easy way this time."

The Czar took his rifle from his back and slung it around his arms for way access if the man panicked. Rolland doubted that he would, the man's file was in too good of shape to be intimidated by one such as himself. Dirk would make a fine man to serve with but first he would need to be "persuaded" to join

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk tilted his head and raised a hand in salute to @[member="Rolland CZ M1 002"] observation. He had to admit, their intel was top notch. Even able to penetrate some of the best disguise work in the galaxy. He'd need to get some slicers to work on getting some intel on their stuff. "Well done, then. Not even Black Sun bounty hunters could track me down." This was certainly something interesting then. And, probably above his pay grade. But, why not? He leaned back in his seat. "So is this what you want to do to me then? I'd get altitude sickness." @Dr.Marie Krasnican

Moff Iridius

M
"This isn't what I want for you. I want more for you, I want you to lead my children into battle and become the best there is." The woman tied the napkin around her face so she could use her arms, she stood up and rubbed Rolland's armor. "Blaster resistant, air sealed smart armor that can take the biggest of hits." the woman walked around Rolland pointing to his spinal column "Reaction Chip set to increase and turns your reflexes beyond human. An artificial heart to pump blood faster and manage adrenaline." Moving back to the table she sat down and looked at Dirk smiling under her filter. "I want you to lead him, guide him. I want better for my children and I don't want them to end up like me."

She was right, the woman had Rolland kidnapped from the Jedi scrubbed his memories and turned him into this thing, this hulking brute of a super soldier and she did not loose an ounce of sleep at night. "I want them to be better"

The man raised his hand and pulled it across his jaw line in a symbol that looked as if he was smiling. "Mr.Dirk, I implore you to accept her offer. I truly do." the man looked down at his mother and kept his weapon at the ready. He wasn't a very violent person but Rolland would do anything to protect Marie if something were to happen. "So what's it going to be?" he said in a rather cold emotionless voice.

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk gave a slow nod, considering, tapping his fingers thoughtfully. So that's what she wanted. A teacher. A trainer. Someone to shape her "children" into the best they could be. He'd gotten an offer like this before. They thought he was getting too old and fractured by the job. So, they tried to stick him at the Academy. Hadn't worked. He utterly refused. They couldn't exactly force him, either. He gave a shrug. "Sector Ranger training Academy is open for recruits, or those interested in character building classes. They even owe me a few favors so I can cut you a cheaper price." The last bit though was different. Not end up like her. That took serious consideration. He leaned back, considering. "The first lesson is easy. All military or law enforcement organizations need a code of conduct. A creed. Something to aspire towards."
@Dr.Marie Krasnican

Snapping to attention Rolland kept a hand on his rifle and began to speak "I am the embodiment of every warrior that has come before me, my strength knows no bound. My clarity guides me through battle. My relentlessness carries me even when it seems all hope is lost. I am the perfect warrior whose duties are to locate close with and destroy the enemy through intellect and relentlessness, and to repel the enemy assault by precision skill and power. And if it is my day to die in the glory that is battle I do so gladly knowing I died next to my brothers and sisters. I am the Czar, king of the battlefield" The man relaxed and looked down at the small man. "That good enough for you?" the giant man began to tap his foot on the ground growing a bit impatient, I'm the end the good doctor always got what she wanted

Moff Iridius

M
The woman cackled at the man's offer, put these monsters in a training academy. He must of been high on spice, "That simply won't due and we both know that, a true leader leads by example and I do not have time for classe and petty courses!" the woman raised her voice and then calmed herself. "You are not a relic you have so much potential in you and you are perfect. Please let me make you stronger, faster, and smarter than you have ever been so you can make them better. I won't ask again". She said in almost a menacing tone of voice giving the man a glare

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk considered, and shook his head. "No. I think not. Your discipline is impressive, however." There was something very off with the creed. He wasn't entirely sure why though. Perhaps it was a different perspective coming from law enforcement. But he knew soldiers too. Republic and Mandalorians anyway. Their creeds were still very different. It clicked. There was a purpose to them. This? No purpose except to kill. He leaned forward, hands clasped. "What's the point of you? Anything other than to kill? That is what will set you apart." He paused, and then added. "Take mine, for example. The Sector Rangers motto is simple. What others abandon, we protect."
He turned back to @Dr.Marie Krasnican, and shook his head. "I am unable to do that. I was offered a very similar position at the Academy. I refused." His voice took on a more thoughtful tone, and leaned back, fingers laced and resting on the back of his head. "There is an art to this, and a gift at doing. It takes a recruit apart and rebuilds them. I am mentally and emotionally incapable of doing that."

" I was made to save the lives of the empire's people. When the fringe attacked our program was set in motion. I am more than a killer, I know math, physics, history, science, meditation, reading and writing I have the brain power of a certified genius. I know how to cure illnesses. I am more than a killer and the next time you say otherwise I will do something about it" The Czarvhad took offense to what the man said, but he was right. He had the discipline to not do anything without orders. "I'm sorry Mr.Dirk."

Moff Iridius

M
The woman sighed this would have to be done the hard way, "Rolland, son. Take him, and try not to break anything." the woman stood up and slowly made her way behind Rolland towards the exit, they never said yes. His type of man couldn't be bought or sold so there was only one other option. The way of force, Marie looked back at dirk and sighed "I wish it could me different Mr.Dirk." coughing the woman wheezed and gasped as she walked out further to the exit

Jerrick walked in behind the doc. He knew this would happen. All the questions and crap. @[member="Rolland CZ M1 002"] didn't point out what the man was looking for. "He also has family. Me, his vod. This man has saved my life, and I is. I would want no other by my side." He spoke out. "My apologise for speaking out doctor without permission, but this man is looking for to train more then killers. He needs brothers of war. People who care about their comarades, not fancy jiburish." (Sorry spelling sucks) jerrick turned back at the man named @Dirk Ellerden. "This man is my companion inside the battle field, and out. We think freely outside, we do as we wish, within a moral code. We know our limits, we know our bonds."

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk nodded, ignoring her command. That was a problem he'd deal with later. The odds weren't exactly favoring him now, but it was hardly the first time they had been that way. Interesting conversation anyways, listening to the two of them. Interesting problem as well. He leaned forward, hearing @[member="JerrickShado"]'s words. "It's that fancy gibberish that binds brothers in arms together though, sharing beliefs in ideals greater than one's self. What ideals does your Empire believe in that would lend itself to your camaraderie?" Keep them talking. That was the plan for now. He wasn't entirely sure he could outfight them both, but his shortness would be an advantage here.

"You talk to much." The plus seven foot tall giant walked towards dirk slinging his rifle on his back once more "I've been given an order Zero One, and I intend to follow it." The man stepped in front of dirk looking down at him. "What's it going to be? The easy way or the fun way?" Rolland rolled his shoulders back then grabbed the lightsaber at his waist. Rolland didn't want to hurt the man, truly he didn't. Dirk's file read that it he was a good man and ranger he hoped that he would come quietly. Looking back at @[member="JerrickShado"] he wanted this all to go smoothly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom