Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public To Pillage a Jedi Temple (NJO character(s) needed!)

Naten looked over and over again at the message he received from one of his top clients and gave a sighed as a deep frown formed over his brows while he rubbed the stubble on his chin. Over the past years he’s experienced from being a mercenary, and on top of that, being part of the Hutt military’s Special Forces, he was used to dirty and dangerous work, but this was one of those requests that was….well….on another level in comparison to the typical work he’s done in the past.

“So you want us to break into the Jedi temple, eh?” the mercenary mumbled more to himself before shutting off the holo message and setting his ship’s course towards one of his least favorite planets in the Galaxy. Obviously this wasn’t a job that he could handle solo, so before he could even set foot near the temple, he’ll need some guys who are either willing, smart or stupid enough participate in this quest. He wasn’t sure how many guys his client sent the message to, but one thing he knew was that he would be meeting his client at the Outlander Club in the Uscru Entertainment District on Coruscant. The reward that was offered was a hefty amount of credits along with an upgrade for his armor and weapons, because one could never have enough of either.

“Alright, Coruscant you slime-pit-of-the-galaxy, you better be worth all the trouble.” Naten said as his ship jumped to hyperspace heading for his destination.

Eskk Jannik

E
Eskk waited at the Outlander Club for his contact. He had hired some mercenary to help him with this task. He had lured the merc in with an offer of 30,000 credits, of which he would pay half up front.

He had also agreed to pay for upgrades to his armor if he survived. It was the least Eskk could do as this was going to be a dangerous mission. Eskk was getting hungry. Perhaps this mission would provide him with a chance to feed.

Either way, the bounty Eskk was after would be worth it. Normally Eskk worked alone, but he figured he needed the help this time. Anyways, his contact should be arriving any minute now. Eskk had sent him the details of when and where to meet down to which table he was at. He better not be late.

Naten Harel Naten Harel

• Love
Reactions: Ryv
After landing his ship at the public hanger and hailing cab over to the Outlander Club, Naten threw a small glare at the building as the music was blaring. Unlike the clubs on Nar Shadda, this place was a far cry beneath the crime infested ones in the Hutt Space. But his job today wasn't to rate clubs, no he needed to find his client and see what's up.

Naten stepped into the crowed building and was meet with the stench of alcohol and deathsticks, but the mixture of the scents didn't bother the mercenary as he scanned the place until his eyes landed on a specific table. He saw a man seated there already with his back turned to him, which Naten suspect it was his client.

"If they don't serve Hutt Belch, then I suggest you pick a better club next time." He said as he took a seat at the table.

Eskk Jannik

E
"For the sum I am willing to pay you," Eskk responded. "I suspect you'll go to any meeting place I designate." Maybe next time I contract you, I'll tell you to meet me near a sar'laac pit." Eskk laughed in a high pitch at his own statement.

As quickly as he started to laugh, he stopped. "Now, down to business. We are here to retrieve a holocron. All you need to know is that it was made by a Jedi Master named Hasjo Hallu. If you accept this job, your task is to help me retrieve this holocron."

"If we get seperated," Eskk continued, "we meet back here. Our first task is to obtain some Jedi robes so we can infiltrate the temple. I'm sure we can find some clothing store somewhere around here that sells something suitable. That is assuming you accept. If you do, then as agreed I have the first half of your payment here with me."

Naten Harel Naten Harel

"I heard those Force-Users have a tight grip on their holocrons," Naten mentioned, as he leaned back in his seat but gave a small shrug as he was still wanted to take the credits and get on with business. "But that's just rumors, I'll have to see it for myself." He replied in his way of accepting the offer.

We all fall in parallel
It was a day like any other, and Taku sat in the Room of a Thousand Fountains. Meditation became a constant to the man fast after his surgery, and a conversation with Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder about the nature of the Force, and his place in it. Where many Jedi wove it around, commanded it, and drew it in, Taku inherently projected himself outward.

Because of that, he could feel things that sometimes others could not. He was sensitive to sounds, thoughts, emotions- even if they were intangible and he could not necessary listen in. Coruscant however, was vast and heavily populated. This room was a true kindness, because it was one of the few places where the light drowned out the confusion. It was ideal as a place to mentally and spiritually ground himself as he learned to stifle his own senses.

The exercise was lengthy, and sweat cascaded down his back. He isolated himself on a rock in one of the many pools, shirtless. While the exposure was compromising, he felt safe nestled in the Jedi Temple. He didn't even mind that others could see the horrific wound that bore silent testament to the Battle of Byss and the sacrifice he made there.

With his head bowed, the Padawan sucked in another deep breath. He focused on the present, and himself in that moment. As his psyche delved deeper, he fixated on isolation not only in truth, but in spirit. Taku visualized a wall between his mind and the world around him.

The sound of a thousand waterfalls shattered it for the hundredth time.

"Stang it!"

Jacen had been relaxing in the Outlander Club which while not his favorite place to relax always had something interesting going on. Today seemed to be one of those days. As he walked past to individuals conversing at a table near the back. and couldn't help overhearing something about holocrons. Stopping and turing towards the two individuals he said "I swear I heard one of you mention a holocron". He continued as he pulled another chair over to the table "Now how would a holocron concern you gentlemen?"

Eskk Jannik

E
"You really ought not to eavesdrop," Eskk said to the newcomer. "Its a horrid habit to have. However, today it might benefit you. I can tell youre a man who likes to transport things. So, what to you say to helping us out. I have a contract to transport a specific holocron. I could.cut you into the reward, if you're willing to help us out.

"As for you," Eskk said to the Mercenary. "If we run into any Jedi, I'll handle it. Your only focus is to obtain the holocron. First, we need to obtain some Jedi robes and some information. So if either of you have suggestions as to how we should go about that, I am all ears."

Jacen Rann Jacen Rann Naten Harel Naten Harel

It was a little bold for the young man to pop out of nowhere and join them as if he knew them or something. But from the looks of it, there was something about the kid that more than meets the eye.

"Well..." Naten began as if he was in deep thought, pulling out a deathstick from one of his pockets and lighting it up before taking a long drag. He then tilted his head up and puffed out a big smoke before snapping his finger, "I tell you what, how about we take a trip to one of those janky stores that sell third-hand clothing and see what we can pick up there. Unless..." He looked over to Jacen Rann Jacen Rann and gave a smirk, "the kid here knows a better place to grab some disguises."

Jacen paused and thought "They're attempting to steal from the Jedi this is interesting" and turning to the Merc he said "Unfortunately heists are my speciality but I do know of a small shore down in level 5043 which might have what you need." Then turning to the other man "Sorry but I haven't introduced myself to you yet. I am The Runner pleased to meet you. Hope my intrusion didn't offend in any way." Taking a sip from his drink Jacen thought "This job could be useful in getting some contacts around the Core". After his sip he once again spoke this time to both the men "I am willing to transport this holocron. I won't even ask why, it's not my business. Just tell me where it needs to be."

Eskk Jannik

E
"Excellent," Eskk exclaimed, "will you also be coming with us to retireve it. We could use the extra hands." Eskk thought about it for a moment. He wasn't sure while he was willing to trust this random stranger, but he was gonna need all the help he could get, even if they were just bantha fodder in the end.

All that mattered was successfully obtaining the holocron and getting it back to Argos. Eskk was looking to establish a reputation as an independent actor. He would need that if his plan to betray the Eternal Empire went sour.

Eskk felt like a successful sacking of the Jedi temple on Coruscant would be a great way to start building his rep. He just hoped it went right. These two guys didnt seem like much but hopefully they would surprise him. If Eskk was just able to get to the holocron room he would be happy.

Jacen thought about the idea of going into the Jedi Temple then had an idea. Smirking he asked "I'm afraid I would only be hinderance to you in the Temple. Instead I offer picking you both up at the Temple with my ship." "Yes that was a good idea" thought Jacen.

"Hey, if I were you kid, I'd let this guy call the shots first before butting in with any ideas you have." Naten said as he stood up from his seat and typed in the coordinate of the place@Jacen Rann mentioned on his gauntlet. "This isn't some simple robbery of some bank or political leader, this stealing from a bunch of people who can smell you before you even set foot in the building. Although picking us up at the Temple is great and all, we still need an extra hand getting that holocron." he explained shooting Jacen Rann Jacen Rann a look before turning to Eskk Jannik. "We should head over to this place and pick up our gear, the sooner the better."

Eskk Jannik

E
"It's like the Mercenary said, my friend." Eskk said to the other guy. "Youre the one that wanted in on this. In for a credit in for a chip they say. You're coming with us. I was only suggesting it to be nice."

"You'll want me to keep being nice," Eskk told the man who had butted into their conversation. "Matter of fact, youre going to lead the way to level 5043 and show us the store where we can buy three sets of Jedi robes."

Naten Harel Naten Harel Jacen Rann Jacen Rann

"Hey, it was only a suggestion, no offense meant. As you said this isn't a simple bank robbery, which is why I suggested I didn't come into the Temple with you both." Said Jacen in surprise. "If you want assistance in there would a droid do the job for you?. I have a couple onboard my ship. Could serve as a distraction"

"I have no problems with bringing droids, as long as they don't captured and hacked. The last thing we need is someone trying to track us down. Not that I have trouble escaping Coruscant's clutches." Naten chuckled as he took another drag from his deathstick before gesturing the Jacen Rann Jacen Rann and Eskk Jannik that they should leave the club before anyone else want to come along. Besides, they could still discuess their plan on the way.

"Gentlemen, if we are ready?" Naten said as he blew out another smoke.

Eskk Jannik

E
"Right then," Eskk replied. "What was your name again? The Runner, I think. Well lead the way to this store, Runner."

"So how much do you two know about the force and Jedi?" Eskk asked his companions. "Are either of you force sensitive?" Do either of you have any experience dealing with force sensitives?"

Jacen Rann Jacen Rann Naten Harel Naten Harel

"Let's go then." Said Jacen "It's not that far" "I'm aware of the Jedi and their Force powers. I, myself however am not Force sensitive." Jacen said a bit ashamed. "When it comes to dealing with them I have little experience" He answered as he got up from his chair.

The walk to the elevator was uneventful as was the way down to level 5043. After another small walk, they arrived. "Here we are" Said Jacen as he pointed to a small shop named The FashionDealer. "Hopefully they'll have what we need"

Last edited:
"Just enough to avoid getting killed or injured by any of those Force-Users. So far I've came close to killing one but...he got away." Naten answered though in his tone, he was quite bothered by that situation. "As for force sensitivity...naw I just have good intuition and rely on my gut feeling most of the time." He chuckled.

Clack...clack...clack. It had been way to long. Six years to long for that matter. Coruscant, while being possibly the most shocking place he has ever visited, also been considered home for him for many centuries. His first trip resulted in adventure, love and heartbreak while others been given to revenge and mayhem to those that deserved it. Now? He did not feel any of that, his life has mainly been complete save for a few oddball chores he should finish up. He no longer felt his age being stopped but more of the opposite, he felt himself age. Six years worth for that matter. Sun has taken care of him as much as he took care of her, doing pilgrimages to share Ashlas Light.

However he was on a different kind of mission this day, he was to do something that eight hundred years ago, was very simple. Now it is rather immensely difficult...that being, entering the Jedi Temple. Pulling up his own hood, he would place his hands together and project a small aura. While he has now since renounced the Dark Side, it is very difficult to get rid of every ounce of it that has ever been in him...that and his own Force Signature was very unique, like a dark candle in the night. While not as powerful anymore, his presence seemed to always bring concern and hatred to those around him and so, he decided to not bring much of a fuss and instead, project himself as a Light Side user.

Being very quiet, he would pass by a few guards as he made his way very carefully into the Grand Library, something that he never got to see while he was younger. In his left coat pocket laid an ancient item, a holocron unlike any other that he needed to put away for good. He did not need the questions, nor as to where it came from, he rather just get rid of it for good. It was a quarter of the size of a regular holocron, acted like a datacron and finally at times, could possess people for better or worse. No, it was best to get rid of it into a vault where no one else can touch, nor abuse it ever again. Passing by the Fountain, he gave a very silent prayer to Ashla to protect him this day, to allow him to do the deeds that is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom