Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Honor the Jedi Order

She was, was rather content that her master hadn't just suggested they turn around and just forget about this. It had been quite much for just a glimpse of such an item. She followed behind the Healer, and they were led to a special therapy room, one that was dimly lit, and quite small. She stopped at the door, because she was rather excited to be able to see them. As she took a couple of steps further into the ambient and warm room she was just in awe. She was staring at, was within the presence of one of the Jedi Orders greatest treasures. The Healing Crystals of Fire, she turned around, and smirked at her master, she was grateful for him suggesting something "Fun". Before this moment, that wasn't a word associated with her mostly. Now she knew how to take things easy. She took a couple of more steps closer, then she was stopped by the Chadra-Fan healer. She wasn't mad, it was fine. All that went through her mind was the history behind it all. This was truly no longer a myth; Myth officially busted.

@[member="Marek S'hadar"]

Marek smiled as she observed the crystal. He couldn't help but be the slightest bit proud, she'd taken initiative to get what she wanted, instead of sitting back and waiting for results. Leading her out of the chambers, he placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, then gave a nod of approval. After removing his hand, he stepped before her and turned around. "So, what would you like to learn from me? I can teach an average amount of stuff, more so in saber combat, it's sorta my thing." He chuckled.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

She could only smile to respond to his non verbal approval. Little did she know there was a lesson in all of that, one that she thought they both benefited from. Determination. The artifact seeing was only brief, and that was more than enough time for Sochi, she figured that wouldn't be the only time she saw that crystal. Outside the room, as she was lead out by her master, they would discuss her training further. She had just reached a level of proficiency in Forms I and II. She was adeptly skilled, and learning Form III. she thought maybe they could start with finishing training in Soresu before moving into another set of lightsaber forms. She preferred to train only a small set of skills at a time. To reach a certain level of skill before moving on. It would seem that she had the perfect master. "Well, I was wondering just now, that maybe we could further my knowledge of Soresu before moving on to any other forms." She said softly

"Ah, Soresu, the most defensive form we've got. I'm not that well rounded in it myself, but I suppose we could learn together." He chuckled, leading @[member="Sochi Ru"] to the training area. A master of Form III would likely be with them shortly (could be another PC if you'd like, they could pop in, teach us, then pop out. Your call Sochi.) to show them the ropes. Marek was determined to not just be some teacher who told his student everything and acted as if he was superior somehow, he wanted them to know for sure, that they were partners now, he just happened to have a little more experience, but nonetheless they were equals.

She placed her index finger in the air, trying to signal that she had an solution. She had indeed already been taught by a master in the form; Kiskla Grayson. She had taken it upon herself as well to train within the form as much as she could. She was sure she got it down, but would just need to apply it in active combat more. She was rather content with his idea of them learning together, it would seem that he wasn't trying to establish a professional, regular teach/student relationship. That's something she wasn't use to seeing. Hmm. "Master if I may, if we could just partake in a sparring session, I'm sure that'll be enough to further hone my skills within the form."

"Sounds good, get a training saber, I like having my hands...well, my replacement hands, but you get the point." He joked, grabbing a training saber and trotting over to the side of a small sparring mat.

Spreading his legs out to shoulder width and sinking his knees, Marek readied himself for the oncoming duel. Flipping the saber into a reverse grip, the unorthodox teacher showed he had an unorthodox fighting style to match. @[member="Sochi Ru"] would have to adapt.

She grabbed a training saber at her masters request. When she approached the mat, he had already made his way to the mat. When she got there she bowed to show her respect towards her master. After she came back up she ignited her training saber which happened to be green instead of her usual blue. It was different, she welcomed the change. She noticed her masters opening stance, it was a reverse grip. She had heard about a form such as this. It was definitely intriguing. Before assuming her opening stance, she decided to accompany this form with her meditative technique known as Center of Being. She held her blade horizontally, and closed her eyes centering herself within the force. After a period of time she assumed her Form III stance, she held the blade back in a one-handed grip, angled forward with her left arm held parallel, and her off-hand held up in a challenge.

Shooting forward Marek slashed upwards with his saber, attempting to catch her across the chest in a single, quick movement. How she reacted to such an aggressive attack would be key, Sith and Dark Jedi attack with rapid and aggressive strikes. As a Jedi in the field she'd have to be ready to combat such attacks, so Marek was going to get her prepared. Once she was ready, and Knighted, with these skills she'd be just fine when she went out to serve the order.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Sochi was firm within her stance, surprised to see how fast her master moved. She had only faced one knight before and this was no battle to take lightly. Him using a reverse grip also made this battle different, she had never faced an adversary who utilized a form around this unorthodox style. She took a quick deep breath and manipulated her wrist to maneuver her blade, all her strength coming from her shoulders to vertically bring her blade down to parry his attack, all before disengaging quickly and speeding up her movements to maneuver herself behind him.

Now he had to move quickly, she was getting behind him, after a single parry. She was being over-eager, and for that she'd have to pay. As she stepped, so did he, one hand bashing her saber aside with his own, the other knocked her back with a force push. Had it been live combat, he'd have full on punched her, but it was training, and it was with an ally, cyborg punches had a tendency to be lethal, so he refrained from using them on non-hostiles.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

She was caught off guard by him quickly following her and taking a step with her. As soon as she became stationary, his blade had bashed hers aside, though she was able to recover quickly from it, she wasn't quite prepared for the force push that sent her back. She landed in a crouched position, and quickly recovered, assuming her stance again. Now she knew she would have to be much more careful with her positional transitions.

Marek didn't stop, he had to be relentless, just like the Sith would be in the field. Jumping towards her and into the air, her struck downwards at her aggressively, then landed, rolled to the left and lashed out at her legs with another quick and aggressive strike.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

His onslaught didn't come to a halt. He was teaching her a lesson regardless if he knew it or not. It was good she was exposed to such aggressiveness early on. Aided by the force and her montrals, she sped up her maneuvers. Her center of being was enhancing her already defensive form. He jumped into the air, and came down with an aggressive strike that she quickly blocked, and batted away. He rolled to the left of her, lashing out at her legs with more quickness and aggression. She thought back to Ataru, and applied applications of force enhance acrobatics to backflip over his attack. Once she was recovered she assumed the Soresu opening stance again.

She recovered, and he pressed on. His attacks were relentless, the yellow bladed training saber lashed at her once again as he leapt after the padawan, intentionally, his attacks became more sloppy, as a Sith of her level would after exerting himself so long. A clumsy swing at @[member="Sochi Ru"] left him open for a counter, an opportunity he hoped she wouldn't miss.

She tightened her grip around her blade, when he came after her to continue the assault. She observed his form, and attacks becoming more sloppy as they continued. She had outlasted the aggression of his attacks. She twisted her wrist, and blocked his attack, holding his blade agaisnt hers for a moment before quickly batting it away. Then noting that he was open for a counter, she acted. She used the force to slightly push his saber arm further away, then simultaneously brought both her hands up to send a surge of force energy at him.

Marek smiled, accepting his padawan's strike. Closing his eyes and spreading his arms out wide, he fell back onto the mat rather peacefully. The Jedi chuckled to himself, standing up and brushing himself off. "Good, if I understand the basics of Form III, you just achieved your goal did you not? You wore me down until I got sloppy, then struck out when the time was right, very good." He praised, a surge of pride running throughout the Knight at the site of his padawan showing such promise.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

When she saw that he accepted her attack, she stood up straight, and holstered her lightsaber. She ran her hands along her robes, straightening them out as well. She slowly approached him, and could hear him chuckling. He stood back up, and they began to converse. She had taken on a subtle smile, "I thank you master." She said bowing to show him respect. She was content with him being proud of her, it would mean her hard work was paying off. Though she had a question for him, "Excuse me master, but what was that form you utilized during our sparring match?" He asked softly.

"Reverse grip was a shien variant, but having used it my entire life, I've been able to adapt some other forms into it, that was juyo." He replied, brushing himself off and rolling his neck. She was curious about his form for one of two reasons, either she honestly wanted to know, or she had taken a guess and was distressed about her master using a typically dark side form, either way he wouldn't mind explaining.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Ahh shien, a lightsaber form. She had only a little knowledge concerning it, to see it in live combat was really something, and in the hands of a skilled practitioner appealed to her. She only knew Juyo was a very very aggressive form, one that could lead to the dark side, but that wasn't why she was asking him about it,

"I was just wondering, because I've never seen a reverse grip form such as that before. I've never even came across it in the archives" she said softly.

"Odd, I knew it was rare, but I had no idea it was that rare." He replied, a bit surprised at the realization that he was the first person she'd EVER seen using this form. "I can teach you if you'd like." He added, tossing the training saber back onto the rack.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom