Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion To blog or not to blog.

Blogs on Chaos have been used for alot of different things. My question is though... Why dont more people take advantage of Blogs for "codex" or "factory" related things or subs? My question is for you as a writer. Personally what do you think about Blogs being used as uhh.. a add-on to enrich or enhance RP with oneself or with others? Do you used blogs in this way? If not then why?

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
From my understanding, factory and codex are opt-in systems and are not required for anything as long as you don't powergame. Given that ruling, blogs can very much be used for whatever the writers want.

The Codex and Factory are optional.

That is, you can use SWRP Chaos forever and never make a codex or factory sub. You can make your character, you can RP, you can create factions and do all the stories you want without using that.

BUT

If you want to create species, ships, tech or anything else in the Codex or Factory's wheelhouse to enhance your experience...you should use the factory and codex. Blogs should not be used to circumvent that. Blogs should be used for OOC and IC thoughts, to enhance or write personal stories.

Darth Vitium

D
Grrwunhoooll Agaburry Grrwunhoooll Agaburry I use them for things that are personal to my characters that are bits of every day life taken out of context, which I don't think are done as well in the normal RP thread format.

As far as the factory/codex thing, I was just assuming your examples were what you were talking about and interpreted it as a question about why people don't normally use it for that.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Personally what do you think about Blogs being used as uhh.. a add-on to enrich or enhance RP with oneself or with others?

Blogs are for 'whatever'. Now, is the idea of 'enrichment' among that whatever? shrugs Could be. But honestly, I'd rather 'enrich' in my roleplays in other ways. Pics, music, codex locations, OOC discussions, tutorials, feedback, rule suggestions, or dropping in familiar Star Wars'y things into the roleplay. <-- I'd use any of these ideas before I 'enriched' my roleplays via a blog. Blogs come last. Very last. ...Or, as happens usually with many of us...

Blogs come never.

Now. Does a blog show on the main page? Yep. Does that give you pretty good advertising space for new ideas? Yep. Pretty good. Nice little ad for scrollers by. But it's gimmicky. We've got official forums for almost every other way to 'enrich' your experience. So no matter what you're planning it's almost always more productive to post your thoughts and efforts somewhere else. Meh.

2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom