Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Blindly Follow, To Walk The Thorny Path

Yasha flopped over on her back on the floor, covering her face with her hands. “Rrrgh! I was trying to look sexy without trying to look too sexy and then I was like, I should stay in bed ‘cause then you’d be all ‘aw, I tired her out’ but then that might be too lazy and then I was like, do I set up the table and be like those Atrisian girls who just serve their husbands and then I was like, is it poncy if I sat on the couch, and then I knew you were coming and I panicked and sat down right here.”

Her full lips pouted, as she rolled back up to sit on the floor, in mini defeat. “Being a wife? That’s hard. I wanted to be all pretty and tough and happy and calm and… I’m hungry, Kade’ika. I’m so hungry I think I’m going to die… carry me?”

Baiko stuttered as the cybernetic hand touched her skin. Images and moments flashed across her skin, horrid affairs of violence, torture and betrayal. Her teeth clanked together, her back spilling on the table as she panted after the kiss. Images and flashes. She clenched and unclenched her right hand, as if momentarily believing it was missing.

Her legs left him.

She suspended in the swell of context, bathing in the fragmented pasts of a man who by rights should have a heart full of hatred and not much else.

How could this man, who had been through so much, still maintain the kindness in his muscles and his offered words? She kept her face neutral, glad he couldn’t see the momentary panic upon it.

Baiko’s fingers slipped into his hand, and allowed his strength to pull her up. “Gray…” Panting with the emotional swell, Baiko wrapped her arms around [member="Gray Raxis"], one around his waist the other around the back of his neck. “Sorry… I am so sorry for asking you back here, where you have lost so much. I’m sorry… I’m sorry.”

She had warned Gray of her psychometric abilities, yet with the fragments rushing through her, perhaps now Gray could understand the burden of Baiko’s abilities. “You are the bravest…”

Her voice choked and she shuddered. “Pardon me. I over-speak… come. Come…”

If allowed, Baiko would lead Gray up to a small one room suite, where Baiko’s Atrisian clothing was stashed in two trunks. Her home, a single room with a fresher to the side.

”Carry you? No my dear bride,” Kaden said as he set the food at her feet then sat down. ”If the floor is where you sat, then the floor it is.”

Kaden lifted the lid off the pan to present Yasha with her waffles, meat, and pickles. He took the fork and stabbed into a pickle and lifted it to Yasha. The smile showed he was up to know good, but Yasha was his queen and he would treat her as such. He was happy, and she made him that way. For all the years of fighting, killing, surviving, Yasha really and truly was his. Now he just had to hold onto her.

She didn’t have to worry about being a wife, trying to look pretty and sexy, but not too eager or hungry. He sighed as he popped a piece of meat in his mouth.

”I worry for both of us. You’re not good at it... next time just go with your gut. There is nothing you can do to make me not want you. I’m a 22 year old man who just had sex for the first time last night. I can’t see you without wanting you. It’s just going to have to be that way. You’re going to have to get used to me ogling you and undressing me with your eyes.”

Kaden leaned across the plate of food and kissed his wife.

”Now let’s hurry up and eat, we might have time to do it again before we have to get ready for this party...”

He wanted to say how none of this reminded him of hell, or how the food was much better. Kaden didn’t want to admit that he wished he would have asked her to marry him sooner. They could have wed in the Netherworld, but they would have had a kid. No kid truly needed to be hell born. It was a thing that had kept them both from it, but now, Kaden had to know.

”I have to know... when did you know you loved me?”

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

“Ooo! Waffles! You did it!” Yasha clapped, grinning with a laugh as she bit into the pickle on his fork.

“My gut. Awesome. I’ll go with my gut… is that a challenge? A ‘Yasha can’t be unattractive but she’ll try’ challenge? ‘Cause the alternative is a lot more of what we were doing last night and… actually I’m up for that. Repeatedly.” His lips were soft, tender for such a hard man. She thrilled into it, tucking into the food he conjured up.

“I’ve always loved you, Kade’ika. Since we were kids playing in the mud with Uncle [member="Silas Mantis"].” Yasha laughed and bit into her waffle. Crisp on the exterior, the soft pastry inside made Yasha’s knees curl up to her chest in glee. She strangled a little squeal and launched her chin back with a satisfied giggle.

The giggle faded as Yasha glanced sidelong at [member="Kaden Mantis"]. Her brow quirked. He wanted to know and it meant something for him to find out. Yasha put down her food and shrugged, turning her face away from Kaden.

“I don’t know, I…” Her eyes shut and Yasha burbled out a sigh. “You were watching and… and I told you not to look… but I saw you and reached. It felt… wrong. I kept thinking he’s not Kaden. He should be Kaden. Why isn’t he Kaden? It’s… I had to close my eyes and I kept trying to think about you and it made it easier and harder at the same time. I could breathe again, even though it hurt. You picked me up when Mama made me do all those push ups and you defied her and didn’t get murdered and you held me and covered my ears and I knew… I knew it wasn’t just the freaked out imaginations of a thirteen year old girl, I knew it would always be you.”

Rolling backward, Yasha stood up and pulled her robe closer around her body. “I’m starving, but now I feel dirty… sorry. This is supposed to be fun.”

Thing had slowed down for their little tussle due to Gray's offering of his hand. Baiko seemed to be enjoying herself before, but something had changed. He didn't know what it was just that her seemingly genuine delight from before had faded to be replaced by a neutral mask. Was it his fault? It had to be given they were the only ones here. What had he done? He wasn't sure. She took his hand though and he helped her to her feet. She said his name. He smiled to her waiting for what she was going to say next and as surprised by what it was. She was apologizing to him and offering him a hug. Why? This was not making much sense but it seemed she felt she had wronged him in some way by asking him to return to Mandalore. To return to his home. She mentioned lose and it just made it more confusing for him. Certainly Mandalore was dangerous for him right now and he could lose a lot of things, but it was just the way it always had been. He needed to say something to her.

" Baiko. What are you apologizing for? I came because I wanted to come back. I needed to come back. Yes I have lost a lot, but so has everyone else. Getting bitter won't change things or help any of my people. So please don't apologize for asking me to help a couple of youngsters who needed me. I am happy to do it." Gray said to her as he hugged her back. It was odd that all of this was happening but he was glad it did. If anything it had saved him from being that blind man in the cave on the verge of life and death, sanity and madness. It was impossible for him to express just how bad things had been for him there for some time. Who knew all it took was one woman coming to him asking for help out of the goodness of her heart to snap him out of his stagnation?

When [member="Baiko no Kaho"] asked him to follow her Gray had no reason to refuse. Soon he found himself outside of the palace in a small room. There was two trunks and a fresher in it, but otherwise it was rather humble. As much as he owned it was a way of living he was familiar with. He had never needed much to be happy with his living space and had spent a lot of his life living off of ships. It was not exactly the most refined or spacious childhood one could have. Turning his attention to Baiko Gray said, " Reminds me of my living spaces. Makes me feel right at home." He gave her a warm smile. " Thank you Baiko. Do you have a spare blanket and pillow? I'm sure I can find a spot on the floor somewhere."

[member="Kaden Mantis"]

Throwing her control around her, Baiko waited until they got to her room to answer. She answered with the rustle of fabric, as she pulled off the over-layer of her kimono and remained in the full length sleeved underlay, a smooth silk.

[member="Gray Raxis"] was the closest to a real Mandalorian Baiko experienced, and she had need of experiencing him. Of discovering what the Mando’ade were about. As she tugged him closer, fingers reaching across the breastplate of his armour, Baiko realized for the first time…

… she would miss Mandalore, when she left.

“I’ve never met a man like you. Most would hold to their pain or gather in the maddening crowd to lash out at the dark in their unseeing eyes. Gray, your… your prosthetic. I did not mean to glean images from it, but… what has happened to you… I’m sorry.” Releasing herself from him, Baiko bent to pick up a sash from the ground and lay it over the back of her chair with her dress. She fluffed the pillows on her bed, and turned down crisply folded sheets, as soft music began to play unbidden from speakers triggered by her proximity. The table was set for two, yet only one ever ate at it.

“Nonsense, I cannot have my guest sleeping on the floor. I will do fine in the chair, as I used to do over Yasha’s bedside. I would doze off in that chair, on the nights where her father didn’t cuddle his daughter in his arms… holding her hand while she slept. So prone to nightmares… I blame genetics and experience. Oh, she slept so haggardly during those days. I would shush and soothe her brow, sing a lullaby from my mother’s people. It quieted her… I don’t think she ever knew how many nights I spent watching over her, alas those days are done. Kaden thinks he’s stealthy when he’s been sneaking away to cuddle her up in his arms. Oh, I’d find them anyway, back to back as they’d been these past seven years. Nobody needs their nanny at this age. My time is passed.” Baiko busied with her small kitchenette, pulling out four steam buns and putting them up to reheat. Her voice softened, wistful and a little sad. What was a mother, without relevance of time? What was a mother without a child to raise? She was a woman with a life of her own to live, a woman with a destiny outside the hearth. Yet, what was Baiko’s destiny now?

“You must be hungry, I have no great feasts of meat and bread, but I do have some food of a more Atrisian leaning. I can cut some irli if you like, they’re ripe and I should use them up. Please, make yourself comfortable. That armour cannot be the most enjoyable garment to wear. I can make more tea if you like.” Busying herself helped with the sore of desertion which fluctuated through the area and was sensible in the Force. She prepared the simple meal and set it on two plates. Fruit and buns filled with meat and vegetables. Setting out two cups and a decanter of wine, Baiko set the meal on the table. “Please, Gray. Be comfortable in my room. It is the least I can do.”

”No that is no challenge. Please do not try to look unattractive. I shouldn’t care as a Mandalorian about such things, but I do think you are pretty and I will worship your body for the rest of our lives.”

Kaden waggled his brows. The conversation turned serious as Yasha spoke of the things that made her know she loved him. He was surprised to say it had always been him. Even at such a young age when they had hunted in the mud they had been connected. They had been kids, young children who shouldn’t have been fighting, but they had. The war turned their world upside down, and now Yasha did everything in her power to have answers since it all began. That quest had brought them here.

His smiled faded when she told him she felt dirty. Kaden scooted over to her and held her. She wasn’t supposed to feel dirty.

”I’m sorry... I made you think about... don’t feel dirty. It didn’t happen none of it. And and... and you did that for me, to save me. You made a promise to me that day too... the day I made mine. You’ve kept it since. My Yasha and your Kaden, it has always been that way.”

He kissed her forehead.

”Lets eat these waffles, and if you still feel dirty we will get a shower. But you can’t ever... promise me, Yasha. I love you, and I have wanted to make you mine since the day I took you home from the hospital. I’ve wanted to marry you since my verd’gotten. It’s only ever been you, and nothing, not even the Netherworld could change that. You understand me [member="Yasha Mantis"]?”

This woman could only be described as a mother. Gray could tell by the way she spoke of Yasha. There was more care and kindness in it than a simple servant would or could provide. It got a bit of a smile to his lips as he listened to her even if the subject was on nightmares. That was something he was all too familiar with himself. Horrors seemed to just follow you into your sleep and take on new ways to terrify you. It sounded like he did the right thing though in encouraging them to wed after listening to Baiko. People said that co-dependent relationships were bad and they were right about that, but these two were not co-dependent. They just had a bond that only they could understand after everything they had experienced together. They deserved some happiness together.

When [member="Baiko no Kaho"] mentioned that she would take a chair so Gray could use the bed, he frowned slightly. " This is your home. You will sleep in your own bed. I will pick you up and put you in it if I have to. Maybe even tuck you in. I can sleep anywhere and will so long as you get your bed." It was clear he meant it all. He just needed to wait for her to make her case as to why he should have it or see if she accepted her fate of sleeping in her own bed. Gray was use to sleeping on hard surfaces anyways so it wasn't an issue for him to use the floor or the chair or wherever he could fit.

Gray's stomach growled again after Baiko mentioned food. He didn't need to exactly give her a response now. He gave her a smile though and said, " Food would be nice. Haven't had much to eat lately. Getting out of this armor would also be good, but I'll stink up your room if I do. I don't want to do that to you. I've slept in it before so it won't be an issue for me to do it again." He was trying to be nice to her as if it was his room they were in not her own. Clearly mama Raxis had gotten a little bit of manners beaten into her son.

[member="Kaden Mantis"]

“Then care as my Kaden and not as a random Mandalorian… Kade, even when I’m wrinkly and old, you’re going to love this thing? I picked good.” Yasha smiled, tucking into her breakfast and pushing at his knee with her foot.

Yet the past swung back around and attacked their haunches. [member="Kaden Mantis"]’ arms were wiry and protective, the sort of arms a woman got lost in, if she wasn’t careful. “It’ll always be that way.”

Nestled up, Yasha couldn’t look in Kaden’s face. She couldn’t see his reaction or the way his chin tilted toward her. She could listen and hug into his chest and that was it. “You’ve wanted to marry me since you were thirteen? You never said anything… not that you could, the Netherworld was a lousy place to get married… you wanted to keep me since then… since the hospital.” Eyes peering up at his incredulously rugged face, Yasha softened. Her muscles released their tension and she cuddled into his lap, kissing his neck.

“I understand, Kaden Mantis. I.. I love you too. My Kaden. My Kaden and his fantastic breakfast obtaining superpowers. I’m hungry… my stomach is a pit.” Reaching over, she grabbed the plate and pulled it into her own lap, offering some to Kaden and tucking in herself.

“Kaden? I know you’re all ‘Mandos don’t like pretty’ but… I like it when you tell me I look good. I want to look good… I like it and it’s okay for you to like it, too.”

“Yes, it is my home, and I can do what I like in these walls. I like to give my guest the bed. If you think you can pick me up and carry me there, you’ll see how belligerent I can be, [member="Gray Raxis"]. Don’t make me fight you for it. I’d hate to see you lose.” Baiko’s voice was awash with amusement, a woman in her own domain. If Gray thought he would have a simple time with a submissive servant taking all his words as law, instead he would see her passions as clear as they were.

It would be a joyous war.

“You’ll have plenty to eat now, at my table. Why don’t I lead you to the fresher and you can take a shower? I’ll lay out some clothing for you, if you would like to get out of your armour. Preliat left most of his belongings and I’ve been packaging them up, putting them in storage in case the man returns. I doubt he will, the call of stims has been the only thing louder than his nightmares since before Yasha was born… he was taller than you, Epicanthix and all, but some of them should fit.” Baiko chuckled and turned from the kitchenette, taking Gray’s arm with hers and moving him to the fresher. “The shower is on your left. This bottle here…” She moved his hand to an alcove built into the fresher’s shower. “… is soap. The one beside it on the right is shampoo. There is a clean towel here on the rack.”

Acquainting him with the new space, Baiko was patient and calm. She doted on him, feeling the joys of her efforts edging forth for someone other than the Mantis brood. “Come now, Gray. I’ve been serving the Mantis family for over fifteen years, and most of that was consumed by Silas, Preliat and then Kaden and their masculine musk. Let me do this for you… I love being useful… just… accept it tonight.”

While her voice softened, Baiko turned away, her fingers the last thing lingering on his shoulder. She left him to continue preparing their meal, pouring wine in their cups and setting food on their plates. Her gaze fell to the trunks of belongings she had in the corner by the door. Yasha and Kaden wouldn’t mind her leaving now. Silas certainly didn’t need her. Preliat never had, barely a word spoken between the two in all these long years. Setting out some clothes, which she assumed would fit him, Baiko sat in her arm chair and bit gently at her thumb.

Eventually, Gray would emerge from the fresher, and Baiko would be ready… maybe even give his armour a good clean. How serendipitous of her to have chosen him to go to for help… yet in a culture of warmongering, sometimes the pacifist was king.

Oh Gray planned on tossing Baiko onto her bed and would do whatever it took to keep her there. Instead of responding to her with words he gave her just an impish smile. The promise of food though and the offer of getting to use the shower sounded too good for him to pass up. The last shower he had was the one he took right before he spoke with her and she asked him to help out Yasha and [member="Kaden Mantis"] . He definitely needed one right now. She did seem to really want to take care of him though as well, so there was absolutely no way he could decline. She mentioned something about clothes as well during it all. How long had she been caring for others like this?

After being shown the shower, Gray turned his attention to [member="Baiko no Kaho"] . " I just need a pair of pants or shorts. That will be plenty for me. I don't usually wear more than that at my own home anyways so it feels weird if I'm not fully armored or in just pants anymore. Thank you Baiko. This is more hospitality than I've ever been shown before by another Mandalorian on Mandalore." He began to strip off his armor as she took off to the kitchen. Seemed she wasn't going to watch him strip down. Probably for the best. Eventually he just had his bodysuit left and while he was getting that off went into the fresher to begin his shower.

All clean of sweat once more, Gray walked out of the fresher area. All he had was a towel around his waist covering him up and the scarf around his eyes. He had taken it off to wash but it went on as soon as his head was dry enough. He wasn't dripping either as he had made sure to be completely dry before exiting. He needed those pants unless she wanted him to go around with just the towel or naked. " Where did you put those spare pants? If there isn't any I can put my bodysuit back on." Now he just needed to wait for her answer.

”Always, because when I’m old and these muscles don’t hold their shape you’re still going to find me appealing.”

It was simply the truth. Love would make them see what was was there, and love through the changes. Yasha would always be beautiful to Kaden.

Yasha affirmed that how things had always been would be how they continued. Her hunger for the better of her and they spent some time eating and giggling while sat on his lap and and ate, feeding him bites of the food as well. This would be a memory Kaden would always cherish.

A layer of the beskar around his heart fell away.

”I didn’t know what I was promising you then, but it was with the intent that one day I would make a riduurok with you. We were both too young to understand what we were promising, but here we are. I would have it no other way, and if it took the Netherworld to make our bond as strong as it is then so be it.”

Kaden refused to regret his decision to follow Yasha in. Even if he hadn’t of promised her, he still would have. It would have been suicide to go in alone, and Kaden knew it. He was not going to let that happen. It was awkward as he watched her grow, watched her turn into a woman. Aditya has caught Kaden looking too long many times. Though she encouraged it, she wanted her Grandchildren. Kaden sighed hearing those three words... I love you. He took the empty plate and set it in the floor.

With a display of his strength he stood up, picking up Yasha with him.

”Fine, then I shall tell you that you are beautiful every morning and every night.”

Kaden kissed her.

”Your lips are especially beautiful. I think I shall kiss them always, and on the way to the shower. There I will tell what else I find beautiful. We must be quick though, before Baiko busts in to tell us we must ready ourselves for your verd’gotten celebration.”

Kissing Yasha again, Kaden started to make his way toward the fresher.

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

“That smile of yours is designed to get you into trouble, [member="Gray Raxis"].” Baiko chuffed, scooting him into the fresher. The man answers her call and then this? Baiko felt her cheeks, was she blushing? Look at her, heart aflutter like a virgin teenager with a crush. Hah. The woman had to shake her head.

“Shorts... I can do shorts as you display yourself for my eyes.” Baiko was about to smack him on the shoulder, but stilled when he admitted the hospitality. She gurgled a little ‘tut’ and took some of the pieces of his armour from him. “You keep calling me Mandalorian… perhaps I should let you, even though I do not follow your Resol’nare. Enjoy your shower, supper will be ready soon.”

Lighting a cone of floral incense from her homeland, Baiko finished setting the table in time for Gray to reappear draped in a towel and scarf. If she hadn’t been a highly private Atrisian, Baiko would have whistled. “Goodness me. Tis a pity I found some. Here. I have your bodysuit airing out. Hope you don’t mind I took the liberty of treating it with the same products I use on Silas, Yasha and Kaden’s. It’ll be dry in a few hours.”

Trotting up to him, Baiko reached for the thin cotton pants she’d found in Silas’ clean laundry, and put them in Gray’s hand. The silk of her underlayer brushed against his chest, as she handed him the garment. Baiko’s space was small, so intimate very little room was left to maneuver. “Pardon me… I’ll turn round.”

Baiko swerved, giving Gray the space to change. “Supper’s on the table, I can guide you if you like… I had a bottle of wine left, I’d been saving it for such an occasion. Don’t get guests, I assure you. Come… let me dote upon the man who receives too little hospitality.”

She folded her hand in his, pulling backward to guide him to the table. The sound of wine poured into cups. The smell of bread and meat and vegetable, cut fruit. A woman’s hand sliding up his forearm as she finished guiding him.

“What sort of man comes at the immediate behest of a stranger to a planet which fears his proclivities, adopts a lonesome girl, and thrills the stranger? How can you exist? I wonder if I shut my eyes you are some grand mirage.”

“Hopefully.” Yasha mumbled, bursting out in another fit of giggles. “I mean intentionally.”

Contented with the food in her belly, the young Mandalorian nuzzled into her husband’s lap, feeling a security and wholeness which refused her before the riduurok. Home. An intrinsic belonging, built upon by their friendship and camaraderie, expanded to the bliss of knowing one thing in the universe would always be. [member="Kaden Mantis"] was the dependable anchor in her sea of stars.

“I didn’t know either, but I’m glad you promised. I’m glad you were there when I woke up… but I can’t be selfish enough to be glad you had to go through Hell with me, Kaden. I can’t. You shouldn’t have done it… what’s done is, but… I should have gone alo-oooh!” Yasha’s words burst to a stop as Kaden lifted her clean off the floor into his arms and stood.

Her spine tingled with the thrill of it, and Yasha grinned. “If you forget, I’ll remind you with a punch… I am one lucky woman.”

Her lips were occupied once more by Kaden’s, and Manda’yaim continued in its’ spin. Healing across the planet became healing between two young lives, two lovers who first were friends.

“You kidding? Baiko’s probably fussing over [member="Gray Raxis"], and trying to avoid Ambrose giving him the cure with a blow dart. She’ll be too busy to… no… no if anyone could do both… it’s Baiko. Never mind. Hurry! To the fresher! Your wife demands you tell her what else you find beautiful!”

Yasha gave herself over once again to the joy of her new situation, needing neither dominance nor submission but the joint appreciation of their love.
Fade
T-9 Months

Taking the shorts from Baiko, Gray gave her an impish grin. " Well I could walk around without either on if you want." He knew she wouldn't so he walked back into the fresher so that he could change and she could still go about her business. When he came out, he was wearing only the shorts and the scarf over his eyes. It wasn't much different than before on how much skin he was showing, but he felt better. A lot better. He needed the shower and the chance to just air out. Also it seemed the food was ready so that was even better.

After she had guided him to the table, Gray's nose was alive with the scent of food. He hadn't had any good home cooked meals in a long time. Living off a spaceship and then on his own, he had gotten use to eating rations and so it was always the best when he could eat real food. He felt her hand on his forearm and turned his head towards her. With a smile he said, " Maybe. We forcies are having our minds corrupted after all. Or so the fearful mob would say. Could just be this is all what you wanted most of all." His impish grin came back. " Or maybe what you really want we haven't gotten around to yet." He couldn't see her blushing if she did, but he imagined it would get that kind of reaction. He didn't plan to do it though. Things were too complicated at home for him right now and it had been a long time since he had done anything. It was enough just not to be alone for once.

Gray reached out for the chair and found it. He pulled it out and got himself sat down. While pushing himself back to the table, he said, " You are joining me right? I'm sure you are hungry too and I heard you pour two cups. I'd like the company. Better to eat together than alone. More intimate that way and more Mandalorian. As much as they like to pretend to be soldiers or fighters all the time, that isn't what we are at home." He gave her a friendly smile and got his cup in hand. Hopefully things went well and he didn't get kicked out before the morning.

[member="Baiko no Kaho"]

“Hah! I am too much the Lady to fall into that trap, [member="Gray Raxis"].” Baiko sniffed out a huff and led on, pouring wine. She handed Gray his glass, letting her fingers slide across his skin.

“Oh yes, above all I wanted to fill my last day on Mandalore with a lovely dinner, some fine company and the knowledge that the children I raised would eventually survive intact… oh…” Baiko feigned astonishment, gasping and putting her hand to her forehead. “Oh did you mean a half naked man in my boudoir? Yes, I sought you out for the sole purpose of seducing you into taking a shower. You caught me. Red handed, I believe.”

Baiko laughed and watched with care that Gray got into his chair, before sliding into hers. “Yes, I am joining you… so tell me, what is a Mandalorian like at home?”

With a friend smile Gray took a drink from his cup. The wine had smelt good but it tasted even better. A long drink later it was nearly empty. A gentle clink echoed as he put it down and began to work on eating the meal. Baiko had asked him a question and he wasn't sure exactly how to answer it right now. How did one tell someone how they were at home? It was unconscious behavior at its most instinctive. With no one around, there was no need to be aware or filter yourself. What was he even like then? Taking a bit of his food, his tongue was graced by yet another wonderful sensation. His stomach growled louder because of it, and so he began to focus on eating as much of his meal as he could.

After he had less than half his food left, Gray swallowed his mouthful and said, " This is really good. Been a long time since I had anything but rations. I'm not sure I can go back after eating this. The wine as well is delicious. Feels like it is going to waste on me." He wiped his mouth off with a napkin. How long had it been since he ate with someone else like this? " You asked me about how Mandalorians are at home. Not sure how to answer that. We don't need to be on guard. Well not in the way we do out in public. I would say the home is where we connect with our kin and clan. We strengthen our connections and ease our stress together. The home is about comfort, teaching, and bonding." It all sounded strange to Gray as he spoke. He had never really thought about it or put it into words before today.

" I hope that all makes sense." Gray said to her then went back to eating. His body was beginning to feel the day. He had started off traveling here then went straight into a highly emotional meeting with Yasha and [member="Kaden Mantis"] . That would have been enough to drain him, but then he had his meet up with Baiko leading to their little tussle and now him in her room. A shower, some food, and the wine all had gotten his body to relax. He was exhausted and didn't realize that until now. He finished off his food then leaned back in the chair. A hand went up to his face and he rubbed the bridge of his nose between his eyes. Today was just an odd, eventful day.

[member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom