Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Become A Knight

I am a son of the Mountain.
83qSlm0.gif
Date: 4 days after the Liberation of Eshan
Objective: Meet with Alkor
Tag: [member="Alkor Centaris"]

Dominus Prime. The name had once inspired pride and duty in the Master of the Knight's Obsidian. There had been a time where simply wearing the armor of the order and standing by their creed had been enough to breathe life into the man's chest. Was that time ending? Cardinal had spent the morning sifting through paperwork and signing off on request forms. A borish part of any position was the admin work behind it. Most days he'd found the paperwork a blinding pain, causing him to want to shred it all and be done with it, today he was indifferent. He'd been that way about many things since his return from Eshan.

The man sat at his desk, gazing at a holomap that had been summoned by his terminal. His eyes danced from orb to orb, recalling their names. Only a single planet stood out and the man's gaze had become tightly fixed on it. "I must return..." He muttered, clasping his hands together as if in silent prayer. The gods had punsihed him from straying so far from his true path, now was his time to return to the ancient ways.

Cardinal said nothign as he deactivated the terminal. Now was not the time to be lost in thought. Instead, he looked to the responsibilities before him. There was much to be done. He'd summoned a new member of The Confederacy here to meet with his own eyes. [member="Naedira Darcrath"] had spoken highly of the warrior's abilities. He'd been a man that Cardinal was familiar with, a member of the Clan Vi'Dreya, that alone garnished him some consideration. Some. Perhaps this man would hold to his reputation? If so he may find himself among the ranks of Cardinal's brothers, if not then the time would be wasted.

Objective: Face [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] and his scrutiny

The Knights Obsidian were, from Alkor's brief studies into Confederate life, protectors of the people and the Vanguard in wartime. If there were more subtleties involved, he had hardly delved deep enough to understand them. [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] counted among Isley's brothers and most trusted men. There had to be a reason for that beyond blood.

Technological wonders and ornate design flanked his steps as the Dark Jedi strode deeper into the complex. Various scholars and artificers toiled laboriously in the Rylothian sun that peeked through the skylight, their secrets and successes unknown to prying eyes. A datastream coiled along the pathway lit up with directions whenever he glanced down, assuring that anyone who tread there was never lost.

It was a marvel of machine and mind.

When he looked up again, he was met with a figure swathed in black with no distinguishing features. The voice was decidedly feminine. "We greet you, Alkor Centaris," it intoned respectfully.

He bowed his head. "And I you," he returned politely.

"The Dominus awaits above." Pleasantries, it seemed, were over. The light that filtered in from above left them as he stepped onto the dias beside the sexless figure and it rose into the ceiling, carrying them toward the building's apex. Light did return, but the light in this new room was dimmer, born of technology. It was almost a war-room, but almost a study by that same right.

"May I present Alkor Centaris," the servitor offered as its presence faded backward into obscurity. The darkness left Alkor alone with a much taller, more imposing man. He had met Cardinal once before, at Isley's calling of the family.

These were different circumstances.

"You wished to see me?" Alkor folded his hands behind his back, knowing this was not a place where he was at liberty to speak candidly. Vi'dreya had rank, he had purpose- whatever it was he sought from Alkor, the lesser man could only attempt to give freely.

83qSlm0.gif
[member="Alkor Centaris"]
When the door to his office came open, Cardinal's sunburnt eyes peered at the man before him. Searchingly and without pause they would look to this man who his brother counted as ally. His presence in The Force was bold and true, much like a raging inferno that threatend to take over all that surrounded it. The Dominus Prime eyed the Servitor with a dismissive glance before waving his hand in the air, almost lazily. "Leave us." He commanded, his large hand resting on the arm of the chair he sat in. He did not wear the hexagonal garb of his station, lit in a blood-like crimson. Instead he wore a black tunic with matching trousers. Bare and simple, it was a sight different from his Master-Obsidian Strike Armor which had been taken to undergo repairs.

"Take a seat." Cardinal insisted, gesturing from the seat that sat across from his own desk. As Alkor would take a seat, Cardinal would rise. He was a large man to be sure, standing well over six-feet he generally towered over most humans. His eyes seemed to be filled with the corrupting power of the Dark Side, yet someone who knew him well would know that was not the case. Still, he gazed at Alkor with those sunburnt orbs until it seemed he may burst into flames.

"My brother has put special trust in you. He says you are worthy of consideration." The larger man began, leaning against his desk. Cardinal's own presence in the Force felt muted, silent as if it had been pushed back into it's own shadow. "I would imagine you have no clue why you are here."

"Following our victory at Eshan The Confederacy must look to strengthen it's military. The Navy, Army, and even the Viceroyalty are doing all they can to see this done. I've received my command. The Knight's Obsidian must evolve, grow in power."

"Isley believes you would make a fine addition to our ranks. So much so he wants me to offer you a position among our elites." He explained.

"This I will not do." Cardinal said, finally resting into his own seat behind the desk. "However, I received reports of your skills from [member="Naedira Darcrath"]. The Knight also believes your skills could be put to use in our order. She's not the type to brag about false strengths." Cardinal glanced over to the nearby wall, exhaling softly as he felt the tight pull on his spine. He'd yet to fully heal from Eshan and he was feeling it this very moment. "It will not be easy, though Isley believes you will manage."

"If you are willing, I would enlist you among our ranks. I will waive your initial training and inprocessing and activate you as a full Knight Obsidian immediately. You prove yourself, in time you may gain my eye and with it a Command. If you fail, then only death and dishonor will surpass my disappointement. The decision is yours to make."

"I agree with you, [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"]," Alkor replied quietly from his seat. After the man finished, the best answer Alkor could give was an honest one. "While I appreciate that Isley speaks highly of me, we are all of us warriors. War does not hear our voices, war does not play favorites." He folded both hands and rested his lips against them, staring into the map that still glowed beyond the Dominus Prime.

The war only continued to grow, regardless of those who fought in it or their best efforts to put it down. The enemy was always changing, the circumstances were always new, but the war- that was a certainty. His own eyes were a calm, sky-hue that contrasted the firelight of Cardinal's own, but their spirits were much the same. They were both born and cultivated by conflict.

The flames of Eshan still burned beneath the surface of Alkor's bandages. Their heat was a constant reminder of the actions of Mandalore, and his own failures. It could have been anyone to step forward and offer Alkor a chance to finally commit to something, to suffer, to bleed, and to become something- but it was here, it was now, and it was Cardinal.

"If you would have me to join a cause," he said evenly, "I would ask for no special circumstances or treatment. Treat me as a novice. Have me to learn your ways as an uninitiated would, and earn the right to call myself one of your own. I will gladly dedicate myself, if you only promise I can walk the path as an equal."

He glanced toward the man, the one called Dominus Prime, and he placed both hands on the table.

"I earn my keep," he told him. "I always have."

83qSlm0.gif

Cardinal was silent as he considered the man's words. There was a sense of honor there that the Dominus Prime expected from most Mandalorians, especially those of the Vi'Dreya Clan. He was silent for a moment, considering what the man had said before his hand scratched at the side of his head.

"I have no reason to deny this." He said, before grabbing a datapad that sat on the edge of his desk. "You'll be assigned to a more experienced Knight. Someone who can best explain how we operate." Someone I trust. He did not say the words but they still rang true in the back of his mind. "Since Knight Darcrath was the one to bring your abilities to my attention, you will work with her." He explained.

Naedira Darcrath settled on a list of those who could one day potentially replace the Dominus Prime in the event of his untimely passing, at least for a temporary time until a new Master of the Knight's could be selected. Cardinal exhaled before looking to the man with an approving gaze. "Report to the armory. They will issue you a set of armor and a starfighter if you pass their flight test. Once you have finished your business on Ryloth, you will make contact with Knight Darcrath at once."

With nothing more to be said, Cardinal rested back into his chair, yet his voice rang up once again. "Remember. The Knight's Obsidian are the guardians of The Confederacy. You are now one of us. Do not forget this, brother." He said, plainly.

Guardians of the Confederacy.

It was easy enough to hear, to say, but to understand? What did it truly mean to call oneself a Guardian of anything? Alkor rose from his seat quietly once Vi'dreya gave him his orders and dismissed him, and his answer was plain. "On what honor I have left," he told Cardinal, "I will never forget."

There were many things Alkor had been in his life, but this was his decision. It was what he had chosen to become. This is what he was going to be, even if he did not yet fully comprehend what it meant.

He had a day's work ahead of him. The armory waited ahead, and a flight test. More daunting than that, he was to enter Knighthood as a Squire, a learner, a fledgling in the path of the Knights Obsidian. Everything that came before now was gone. Alkor was ready to accept that his new lifestyle would be very different from the old.

Perhaps he might even catch the interest of [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"].

He left with a respectful bow and headed to perform the list of tasks given by the First Among Equals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom