Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To All Veterans

Current soldiers, former soldiers, doesn't matter. To all of you, I want to say thanks for your service. Without you we wouldn't be here.

I just got back from seeing American Sniper. That movie brought me to tears. Only two movies have ever done that. This one and Act of Valor. Eastwood and Cooper do an amazing job.

Thank you for serving.

I've decided to go see American Sniper, simply for all the liberal tears it's creating. Liberals are literally getting their jimmies wrecked over this movie.

But even though I'm in it for the lulz, I do generally enjoy Clint Eastwood as a director.

Chris Kyle was a lying, self absorbed douchebag who didn't deserve the praise he got. He's a piss poor example of an American military man. I respect his service to my country, but god damn was he a lying, manipulative, embellishing jerk.

[member="Meric Nadun"]

Its a pretty good movie and shows a lot of what we actually go through, war isn't glorious and glamorous. Its brutal and it destroys, those of you who have known me for a while know i have ptsd and its not easy.

If you really want your mind blown watch this, shows some sad stats and details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_l4Ab5FRwM

[member="Preliat Mantis"] He lied about some stuff and embelished a bit, such as Ventura. But not much about his service was fictional, the dude had an insane kill count, probably saved more lives then can be counted and dedicated his life to helping other veterans with PTSD so i wouldn't say he was a douche or anything. The guy died doing what even less people do then actually serve, helping those f'd up from their service.

Preliat Mantis said:
Chris Kyle was a lying, self absorbed douchebag who didn't deserve the praise he got. He's a piss poor example of an American military man. I respect his service to my country, but god damn was he a lying, manipulative, embellishing jerk.
Isn't this meant to be a thread for respect? Not giving your opinion on slating someone.

Anyway, on topic. American Sniper was good, it really showed how the army and PTSD can affect people. I shed a tear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom