Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech TMS-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

latest.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Tytheish Royal Amory
  • Affiliation: Imperium of Tythe Closed Market
  • Model: TMS-A
  • Modularity: Can be hand held, fitted into helmet HUD or on ship/vechioels

• Production: Mass-Produced.
  • Material:
    Durasteel
  • Electrical
  • Plastiod

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Directional Triangulation allowing it to pin point where and how far away an energy source is
Strengths:
  • Anything EE: The TMS-A's main ability of the TMS means that anything energy, emission and gas related can be detected by it. A useful tool against most craft, weapon that produce these different entities.
  • I can still see you: The ability to detect even invisible entities like gas and cloaked objects means that such a scanner is adept at uncovering hidden hazards, (This is valid as long as it emits some sort of energy reading, if the users is using stealth tech that can conceal energy emission then the sensor can not pick it up)
Weaknesses:
  • Movement: The scanner is not so much a motion sensor or sonar meaning that moving objects are not detected. This can be trouble some it said object does not give off an energy/heat reading making them almost invisible to the scanner.
DESCRIPTION
Due to the toxic and contaminated areas on Tythe energy and emission scanners and energy-wave detectors quickly became a standard addition to most military units when conducting exercises on the planet. The sensor work similarity to those used to find radiation, combined with heat sensors to detect certain emissions, the system when uses triangulation software to determine the distance and area from which an energy reading and gas emission are coming from.

Over time R&D development teams and commanders came forward suggesting that some sort of multipurpose scanner that mainly incorporated emission/energy and gas detection. The reasoning for this was due to the fact such technology could be used to easily make a scanner capable of pin pointing enemy solider and vehicle movement without the need for sonar of motion detectors. With this in mind the Royal Armory finished product was a hand held software that could triangulate readings and make a sort of grid pattern like location system. Such software for most part was fitted into hand held scanners with a small display to see the read out of different energy signatures nearby, or (if big enough) be installed into helmet HUDs with similar visuals.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Chikako Liona"]

You might like to explain how it's able to detect and pinpoint the energy, emission and gas of vehicles,troops or other devices. just cause I am finding it hard to understand myself otherwise loving to concept. Makes it easier to see people coming at ya especially if they are using Di-chrome.

Chikako Liona said:
Production: Mass-Produced.
Chikako Liona said:
I can still see you: The ability to detect even invisible entities like gas and cloaked objects means that such a scanner is adept at uncovering hidden hazards.
As per Factory Standardized Rules
  • Particularly rare or powerful special features may necessitate using a lower production (for example, cloaking technology, gemcutters, crystal grav traps, equivalent stealth or anti stealth technologies, or rare canon technologies and their equivalents will only be permitted at Semi-Unique production)
That said, lots of things like smoke grenades can reveal cloaked things.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Laira Darkhold"], [member="Chikako Liona"]

Just to clarify the part you quoted is from the ships section but the item would be able to be used at mass within armour, troops and vehicles.

Otherwise a pretty standard detector. Basically can't see it if it's not moving and i imagine other energy and gas signals would mess with it? sorry just double checking my understanding.

the detector is not used in ships besides fighters, it's mainly a personal sensor, if a stealth tech can cloak and hide energy readings or any emission then this things cannot detect it, did you want me to put that in?[member="Tom Taff"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom