Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Titan Rising

AmeTemp.png
Titan Rising

The skyline of the vast Ecumenopolis faded slowly over the horizon, dominated by the towering structures that had been built level upon level since time immemorial on the ancient planet that sat at the heart of Galactic Politics. Though not within the Deep Core of the very heart of the Galaxy itself, Coruscant was at the center of all things and had played host to countless governments over the countless centuries from Empires and Republics alike, there had been someone to claim it as the capital and continue to perpetuate its status as the center of the galaxy. Though the sun had already begun to set, the brilliant lights of the city did nothing to alleviate the brightness that seemed to dominate the planet either by day or by night as it seemed to never sleep in many ways. Standing silently in her new home, it was different, to say the least, from the quiet verdant rolling hills and calm lakes of Naboo or the sweeping mountain ranges of Commenor. Even now she was still finding her place within the Galaxy, and for some reason, she'd found herself at the heart of the Galactic Alliance which had claimed the Deep Core and Core Worlds both before slowly striking out further to bring vast untold numbers of systems and peoples under their Democracy.

A constant, it seemed, among such Governments were the Jedi, and even now a new Order had reclaimed the ancient Jedi Temple on Coruscant that had been destroyed and rebuilt dozens of times over the countless eons as the planet switched hands back and forth between conquerors and liberators. Though she would have preferred to remain on Taris, the woman figured it would be best that she relocate to Coruscant as she began to draw herself closer and secure the ties of a new life in support of the Democracy that sought to bring order to the chaotic galaxy and had already succeed in such a manner with their defeat of the Brotherhood of the Maw above Exegol. It was the end of the Great Hyperspace Wars that had drawn her back towards the center of the Galaxy, a calling as it seemed to take up some mantle of command, being the only reason for the moment that she now claimed the rank of Captain.

Still, rumors persisted, and the whispers that were louder above all others were that of conflict with the Mandalorians, a group which she already had some history with not too long ago. It was the Mandalorians that she had found herself fighting above Eshan when she first was brought into the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and it was the Mandalorians along with the Agents of Chaos that closed out that same career above Ryloth some thirty years ago. It was strange now, almost poetic, that it was the Mandalorians and Ryloth that would bring her into the Galactic Alliance and draw her once more into a life of conflict in service of others. It was that same life of service that had seen her order the creation of a special gift, a means to ensure that those who held their own mantle of peace would still have the means to ensure the upbringing of the next generation.

Among the things that she would have to become accustomed to was the close proximity of a private landing pad to her new domicile, though it served in multiple roles beyond a location in which an airspeeder of small transport could park. For the moment she was standing quietly upon the landing pad in her usual attire, a crystalline glass in her hand with a dark red ichor resting within that barely swished as she carefully swirled the liquid around the glass. She'd requested a meeting with a certain individual, well known among her Order as a means to provide a bridge between her old life and her new. The meeting wasn't meant as a trick or as a means to get close to a high-ranking member of Alliance Society - no, those days of killing Sith and Jedi alike were long behind her and forgotten about save for the five and six lightsaber hilts that now sat safely within a glass case mounted upon the wall of her new apartment. What she had in mind was to present a new gift, one that she had commissioned for the New Jedi Order to ensure that they were more than capable of continuing their own mission of peacekeeping.

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn

With a new conflict on the horizon that was slowly starting to escalate, Valery found herself with far less time to travel around to meet with friends or do the things she had hoped to be doing after the Second Great Hyperspace War ended. Instead, she was traveling from one war council to another, and between worlds that were in the potential warpath of the Mandalorians. Luckily, today she had a meeting planned that would serve as a small break from it all. The woman in question wasn't someone she was overly familiar with, though skimming through available records had revealed some interesting facts.

The CIS had been a powerful faction that collapsed only a short time after Valery had come out of stasis, and Amelia had been a Naval Commander for them. It made her just a bit suspicious, given the fact that the CIS had Sith within their ranks as well, but she seemed to care about the Alliance's cause, and that was most important. Whether it was genuine or not, she'd easily be able to determine through this meeting.

Soon enough, Valery's X-wing came down through the atmosphere and made its descent towards the landing pad. She could already spot the woman waiting outside with a drink in her hands from her cockpit view and noted the way she carried herself and her confidence. The X-wing landed, the canopy opened and Valery was quick to emerge from it, dressed in her typical Jedi attire and with her double-bladed lightsaber clipped to her belt. She had considered something more formal for the meeting but ultimately decided it was better to represent the Jedi this way.

"Mrs. von Sorenn? It's a pleasure to finally meet you," Valery began after dipping her head in greeting. "I'm Master Valery Noble."

AmeTemp.png
Titan Rising

Attire: [X]
Droid Companion: 77
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Golden hues watched the craft intently as it slipped through the atmosphere and made its way toward the private landing pad that the woman was afforded. It had been some time since she'd seen an X-wing Starfighter or some variant of the craft, the realization setting in shortly thereafter that she'd likely be seeing more of those vessels as they seemed to be the hallmark Starfighter of any government that claimed the mantle of Republic, Federation, or even Rebellion. Slender fingers kept a firm grasp of the crystalline vessel within her hand as she brought it to her lips to take a momentary sip of the strange dark ichor that was held within, a soft smile crossing her lips as she kept the glass there whilst the craft landed. This would be the first meeting she had with an individual that had some weight within the Galactic Alliance, and given her own personal history and the rumors that had surrounded the Confederacy of Independent Systems in its closing days, it couldn't hurt to have a Jedi as a friend or confidant.

Carefully bringing the glass back from her lips, she looked just over her shoulder as another woman stepped forward, holding out a tray. Amelia smiled softly before setting the glass down only to return her attention to her guest in a smooth movement, her ears perking up at the word Mrs that had come from her guest's lips. The woman did her best to stifle the chuckle that had come to her as she brought her hands up and slipped them into the pockets of her jacket and took a moment to carefully look over the individual before her. The Jedi had seemingly come a long way since the Empire eons ago, though it was difficult to make a judgment given she'd dealt with very few, and those that she had were long since passed and their lightsabers set quietly in the display case upon the wall of her apartment.

"Miss."

Amelia said softly, more as a friendly correction to a misplaced title rather than out of spite or anger towards the woman. It was easy enough to quickly straighten the vessel as she offered a slight nod of her own head back towards the Master Jedi to ensure that their conversation would still carry on beyond the exchange.

"Likewise, it is a pleasure to meet you, Master Jedi Noble. I'm sure we're both quite busy and have much to talk about and little time to do so, though before we begin, perhaps a drink?"

She carefully turned towards the other individual who stood silently behind and to her right, shifting slightly so that she was in full view of her guest. Amelia nodded quietly before motioning with her hand to bring her old companion forward from the shadows as it were. She'd been accompanied by the individual for some time now, since the Confederacy of Independent Systems, she was one of the few creatures that she remembered and still had ties with when she finally returned to the Galaxy from Wild Space.

"This is Seventy-Seven, a close aide and friend of mine who has been by my side prior to the collapse of the Confederacy of Independent Systems and my eventual relocation to Coruscant."

The woman offered another soft smile, a slight tug upon her lips momentarily revealed her fangs before she shifted her focus away from the droid as her golden-yellow hues fell upon Valery once more.

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Apologies," Valery said with a kind smile in response to the friendly correction. Amelia seemed like a fairly professional person to her, though that could easily be because of this meeting. They didn't really know each other yet, and more than likely, they'd end up talking business or politics. That wasn't to say that Valery didn't hope to learn more about her — not just the work dossier, but what she was actually like. In times like this, right before a new war, it was important to know who you could rely on, who you could trust, and who to keep at a distance.

"I did make plenty of time for this meeting, so unless you're in a rush, we can take our time to talk and get to know each other." She smiled warmly and then dipped her head in response to the offer, "Starting with a drink would be good. I don't know what you have and I don't wish to be difficult, so I'll go with your recommendation." Valery had her preferences, of course, but perhaps going with whatever Amelia was having was the easier option.

Valery's gaze then shifted to the woman's companion, and listening to her story reminded her of her own relationship with BB-610 BB-610 . No matter where she'd go or which galactic power she'd be a part of, Bee would always come with her too.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Seventy-Seven." Valery dipped her upper body in greeting, then turned her fiery eyes back to the other woman. She had noticed the fangs, but decided not to inquire about that. Amelia wasn't the first she had met with fangs in the Alliance.

"How has your time within the Alliance been thus far? I hope welcoming, at the very least."

AmeTemp.png
Titan Rising

Droid Companion: 77
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

"It is different, though in some ways similar. There are times when I miss the rolling hills of Naboo or the farmlands of Ukio when I take a moment and just observe the skyline. I've lived on dozens of planets across the Galaxy, each with its own nature to become accustomed."

Though it had been many years since she had set foot on Naboo or Ukio for that matter, it still felt different whenever she found herself coming to reside in a new home. The closest thing to Coruscant she had in recent memory was Taris, and even then she'd only been on that planet for a small stint during the time it took to establish a new company before she'd already just as quickly relocated to the capital of the Galactic Alliance. Perhaps that would be her life now, continuing to move from planet to planet following some political ideology and movement that required her skills and experience.

In many ways, the Galactic Alliance reminded her of the Free Worlds Coalition, one of the first political bodies she had joined that was established on Alderaan. The decisions she had made then felt as though they were a lifetime ago, and they might as well have been - those same decisions resulted in her being driven into assisting Commenor as it began to flex its own strength and claim dominion in the Galaxy. Each of these memories was easy to brush away as she turned her attention towards a large bookcase against the fall wall, the woman easily closing the distance. Slender fingers pressed against the spine of a book before slowly pulling it back, causing the case to carefully open and reveal the large selection of drinks that had been hidden away.

"I've lived a long life, and it has provided some perks, one of which is the amassing of a large catalog of drinks and beverages from across the galaxy."

Golden-yellow hues slowly slipped over the various decanters, pitchers, and carafes that sat nestled in an equally diverse range of wooden holders and stands. As she took a moment to look over the various selections a soft sigh slipped from her lips as her fingers slowly traced over a Wroshyr Wood box inlaid with Bronzium accents. The chest itself held a beverage that she'd kept on hand out of memory for Kay-Larr Kay-Larr , an old friend of hers, one that last she knew, had passed some time ago. Pushing the memories back, Amelia turned her attention back to her current guest.

"There is a variety to choose from including both Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic choices. Various Teas and some Juices, Blossom Wine, Andoan White, Honey Mead, Riosan Mead, Tarisian Ale, Kowakian Rum, and Sptchka to name a few."

Amelia offered another slight smile as she carefully pulled a crystalline decanter from a higher shelf, a strange dark-red ichor barely moving within as she carefully placed it down at her side. Another methodical movement saw the retrieval of a crystalline wine glass which soon took up residence next to the decanter as she began to slowly pour the ichor from its container into the vessel she had chosen.

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"I understand missing nature like that," Valery told the woman while she looked in her direction, "I grew up in a Temple hidden deep within the jungles on New Cov. Visiting Coruscant and living on it has been quite the culture shock, though not an entirely unwelcome one." She chuckled and watched the woman rise from her seat, only to walk over to a bookcase and reveal a hidden room behind it. One that stored many different types of drinks.

"Do you amass them as a collector, or do you enjoy drinking them too?" Valery asked curiously while she looked around the various options. She wasn't exactly an expert on beverages from across the Galaxy — she mostly just drank water and occasionally enjoyed a glass of wine — so she barely recognized any of the drinks Amelia had. Perhaps also because these weren't exactly the most common types?

Amelia then offered Valery a chance to pick her drink, but her eyes fell on the choice the woman made. Was it some kind of fancy wine? If so, that caught Valery's attention quite a bit.

But having seen the woman's fangs, perhaps she should be careful.

"Could I have a glass of wine of your choosing? I enjoy red wines more than I do white, but I'm not picky." She was the guest here, after all, so she didn't want to make demands or be overly difficult. Even just a glass of water would have already been just fine to the Jedi Master.

AmeTemp.png
Titan Rising

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

"I collect more than I should and drink less than I'd like. Though it is highly likely that a few choice bottles in here are older than you and I. Perhaps then a taste of an adopted homeworld, one that had taken me in even after making the mistakes that I had. With everything that has happened, it is also highly likely that coming to acquire this beverage will be a bit more difficult."

Amelia permitted a soft sigh to slip her lips as she carefully removed an older wine bottle from the shelf that it had been resting on since she had relocated to her new home. Carefully cradling it in her arm as though it was a swaddled babe, her left hand delicately lifted up the crystalline glass and brought it along with it before setting it down on the table. The woman carefully set the bottle of Blossom Wine down before retrieving a glass for her guest and placing it before the Jedi.

"Blossom Wine, a staple of Naboo and well known among its populace. With the fall of the Confederacy and the sacking of its Capital, however, I am not sure how easy it would be to come by any more bottles than those that I've hidden away for myself and special guests."

She smiled softly as she carefully removed the quark from the bottle and slowly dispensed the rose-gold-colored liquid into the empty glass that sat on the table in front of Valery. Once it reached the perfect level, she tenderly sat the bottle back down before she took her own seat, her fingers wrapping around the crystalline glass that held the strange ichor she had poured for herself before she took a sip of the liquid.

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"I think that'd be nearly impossible," Valery said when Amelia brought up where the wine she picked out came from. "I traveled to Naboo when the emergency calls went out, to try and save people," she continued, now with a growing frown as she remembered going there with Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren . It had been a difficult day for Briana especially, but it had left its marks on Valery too, seeing all those lives lost.

"But I'm glad some things from before that day are still around, and the planet was never lost. New bottles will be made, I'm sure." She chuckled and leaned over to take the glass elegantly into her hand, before raising it up to her lips for a sip. As expected, it was far better than any wine she ever had.

As good as Alderaanian Wine was to her, it just couldn't compare.

"It's very lovely, thank you for being willing to share it with me," Valery said as she raised her glass for a small toast. "So, when will you be starting your work within the Alliance? I hope you're getting enough time to adjust before you're thrown into it all?"

AmeTemp.png
Titan Rising

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Amelia leaned back slightly, once more becoming comfortable as she slipped one leg over the other and placed her left hand upon her knee. Her golden-yellow hues fell upon the glass in her grasp, watching the dark-red ichor barely shift as she slowly circled the glass in her hand, a soft smile remaining upon her lips as she thought back to Naboo and the memories that it held, and those memories that particular area of space held. She still had some time to settle on Coruscant, though she felt herself becoming stir-crazy as if cabin fever was beginning to set in the more she did nothing rather than engage in some activity.

"That still remains to be determined, though the position I've come into holding is one that I am familiar with very much. My tenure with the Confederacy was with the naval forces, and a Captain's position with the Galactic Alliance is more than accommodating to that nature and experience."

She said as she took another sip of her glass before returning her attention fully to her guest, a soft smile on her lips still as she continued to remember the fond experiences she had with Naboo. It was all she could do to push back the darker events, the loss of life, and the many letters of condolences that fell upon her desk after each engagement with an enemy. That was one aspect that she was not looking forward to, and in many ways, it was something that nearly prevented her from taking up a new mantle as a defender if it meant she could avoid informing an individual that a loved one under her command was not coming home.

"The time, however, has not been spent lazing about without a purpose or direction. Rather, there was once project I've been keeping an eye on as it continued to develop on Taris."

Amelia smiled softly as she leaned forward and pressed a button on the table between them, a holographic image of a ship appearing as it began to slowly rotate in place from various points of view. The large vessel had the emblem of the Jedi Order emblazoned on its hull, revealing its purpose as the woman slowly leaned back in her seat and took a sip of the dark ichor from her glass, that soft smile slipping into a smirk as she motioned towards the ship with a slight gesture of her left hand.

"It is meant as a gift to your Order."

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery took another sip from her drink and listened intently to Amelia. A lot of people would have wanted to take time to relax and adjust to a new environment, but she seemed different in that regard. Not too surprising, given her experience as a Naval Commander — the military types were often the ones who didn't like to sit around. But when she mentioned a project and opened up the holoprojector to show quite an impressive ship, Valery was stunned.

She had seen the Jedi symbol on it instantly.

"A gift for the Jedi?" Valery almost sounded shocked. The military, but especially the politicians of the Alliance were often quite negative or downright hostile towards the Jedi. It didn't matter how much they sacrificed to protect the Alliance during war time, they would always be subject to scrutiny from those who didn't understand them. It hardly bothered Valery, but she did smile at a gesture that showed not all of the military branch stood against them.

"This is quite... amazing. And it's completed already?" she asked with a curious tilt of her head. "If so, I'd love to be able to inspect it, if you don't mind showing me around."

AmeTemp.png
Titan Rising

In a life, long since past, there would have been a time when she didn't feel any form of understanding towards the Jedi. The display case that contained her private lightsaber collection was a reminder of that former life, many of the blades were either taken from the Jedi or Sith, at her own direction and by her own apprentice. Those days were long in the past and the time she spent alongside the Knights Obsidian had softened her outward acceptance and reliance upon Force Users. She, among many, could understand the life that the Jedi lived, to give so much for everyone and still be demanded the answer of why they didn't do more.
"This gesture is the least I could do to show my support for the Jedi. In days long gone, I would have seen your Order as another enemy, though now, with the Galactic Alliance marching towards conflict and War threatening to engulf the Galaxy... It couldn't hurt to have a friend in the Military willing to lend assistance when available."
Amelia offered a slight smile as she took another sip from her glass, the red ichor nearly finished as it clung to the sides of the crystalline vessel. For a brief moment, she inspected the glass before setting it down and pulling her attention fully upon the display that still remained between the two. The soft flicking glow of blue crept into the few darkened corners and dominated the light within the room.
"The Bolaph, a Praxeum Ship for the New Jedi Order. Though completed, there still remain a few minor diagnostics and routine tests to run on its systems. When all is said and done, it will be ready for its maiden voyage, crewed by volunteers and retired Rangers alongside droids to supplement any Jedi on a permanent assignment to the vessel."
There was a hint of pride in her voice, and she felt that she earned that pride for the moment. The Bolaph represented the first Starship of many that she planned on providing the Alliance with, and if the request were made, there would be more for the Jedi as well.

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"It truly means a lot," Valery said with a thankful dip of her head. "As close as the Jedi work with the Alliance, we've often felt a lot of pressure over the negativity targeting us. That's not to say that we don't make mistakes, but..." she let out a soft sigh that showed the exhaustion she felt over all the extremely exaggerated scrutiny. "It feels nice, knowing that there is support from within either the military or political spheres." Senators were going to be harder to convince, with the exception of a few who were very fond of the Jedi, but this was a good step.

In the upcoming war, the Jedi and GADF will have to work together closely, so these little tokens of respect and understanding are going to make quite a difference. Perhaps she'd have to find a way to repay the favor with one of her own — something to give the soldiers and Naval forces confidence in the cooperation with Jedi.

"It's amazing, and I can't wait until we're able to take it on its first trip. We've had the Prosperity until now, but with how much the Order is growing, it'll help for us to be able to station ships in several locations." During war time, it also allowed the NJO to relocate Jedi would otherwise be too close to a war zone.

"If you'd like, I can also bring you in contact with Valkeri Enterprise sometime. It's a company that has existed for a very long time, and they specialize in making tech for the Jedi. Perhaps a good partner to work with in the future, hm?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom